Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reese Witherspoon

Are you a fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2022 6:01 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2021 6:08 AM

She was considered the most overpaid actress in 2011, 2012, 2013

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2021 6:11 AM

She's an ok actress, but I think she's an intelligent businesswoman. That's where she really shines. Her production company sold for approximately $1.28 billion.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2021 6:13 AM

Not a fucking fan.

HATE her.

"Do you know who I am???!!!!"

Yeah. A cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2021 6:14 AM

Agree r3. She had a string of flops so she went into producing and it was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2021 6:15 AM

Seems like she and Jennifer Garner would either be best friends or enemies. They both have the sweet down to earth mother image but probably are closet bitches.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2021 6:16 AM

R4 that’s the first thing I think of when I think of her. I do like how she recently revealed that she didn’t understand gays when she was younger, due to her family background, but now is a real ally.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2021 6:18 AM

I liked her in Freeway and Election

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2021 6:23 AM

She ultra femme and girly and has described herself as conservative with traditional Southern values

So...Republican?

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2021 6:24 AM

Maybe, but I remember her giving a passionate speech during the Million Mom March, for gun control, which surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2021 6:27 AM

LOVE HUH!

But don't *like* her (I think she's probably a massive bitch, but she's smart as hell and always looking out for #1, which is as it should be).

I don't really care much about Jennifer Aniston, but I'd love to see how she gets along with Reese on set. I do like most of her movies that I've seen (Cruel Intentions, Legally Blonde, Big Little Lies, etcetera).

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2021 6:27 AM

She was genuinely funny as Rachel's sister on "Friends." She wasn't just stunt celebrity casting which the show ended up doing the last couple seasons

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2021 6:28 AM

She showed her true colors when her husband got stopped by a cop and she pulled the "do you know who I am" "you're making a big mistake" etc stuff and got herself arrested.

(the stupid thing was her husband and the cop were getting along. The cop even laughed at something the husband said. He might have let him go with a warning had Reese not been such a bitch.)

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2021 6:30 AM

The cop warned Reese to stay in the car or she would be arrested, and she got out of the car three more times

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2021 6:32 AM

No she’s terrible

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2021 6:32 AM

did the husband get arrested too or just Reese? Was it drunk driving? Was he drunk?

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2021 6:38 AM

Yes and yes

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2021 6:52 AM

No. Like others have mentioned, her little episode with the cop shows EXACTLY how she thinks of people not of her class.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2021 6:52 AM

I've liked her since I watched Freeway as a teen. Prior to Legally Blonde, she did a lot of interesting things like Election and American Psycho.

Her drunk video made me like her more, though I feel it was misunderstood. She followed-up "Do you know who I am?" with "I am American Citizen," NOT "I am a famous person."

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2021 6:57 AM

She also questioned if he was a real cop

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2021 7:01 AM

She said “Do you know my name?” and I never found that so conceited. I can’t hate her because I’ve grown up watching her, but…

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2021 7:02 AM

She said he was about to make news all over the world, so basically said 'I'm a famous person'

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2021 7:04 AM

I'm a fan.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2021 7:07 AM

Legally Blonde, Freeway and Election will always have her in the plus column for me.

Plus, as mentioned above, she's a great businesswoman. She produced Gone Girl and agreed with Fincher when he wanted Rosamund Pike for the lead instead of her. She put the smart choice over her ego.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2021 7:14 AM

She was treated with kid gloves during that DUI incident and she still acted like a total asshole. A regular person would have gotten their teeth kicked in and probably charged with resisting arrest or assaulting the cop. If she acts this way with a cop then just imagine how she treats waiters or maids. She was good in Election but her other work is thoroughly mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2021 7:19 AM

she bores me

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2021 7:32 AM

No. The witchy chin has always been unfortunate, and the voice is an absolute ear ache. Both should have been attended to when she was a starlette.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2021 7:36 AM

It had to have gone to her head when Oprah told her the day after that her Oscar speech was "perfection"

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2021 7:53 AM

R27 I could do with some of Reece's excess chin.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2021 8:29 AM

[quote] LOVE HUH! But don't *like* her (I think she's probably a massive bitch, but she's smart as hell and always looking out for #1, which is as it should be).

This is how I feel about her. She is not a warm person—she seems pretty tough in fact despite that southern genteel facade—but I do think she’s really talented and smart.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2021 10:54 AM

She's terrific. She's figured out to parlay her flagging movie career into a highly successful production company. She's smart, talented and doesn't take herself too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2021 11:02 AM

I like her. Makes smart choices. Interesting that the fact her brother is a rapist has not been widely reported though? I always found that curious. And she was getting the big D from her first husband.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2021 11:08 AM

You would think after working as a professional actress for years she would have known how to conduct herself with the police and know the PR fallout of acting like she did

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2021 4:43 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2021 4:44 PM

"LAURA JEANNE POON". Her DUI picture had her name cut off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2021 5:24 PM

I remember thinking that Jason London was going to be the breakout star of Man in the Moon, not Reese

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2021 6:04 PM

R36 me too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2021 6:06 PM

Jason and Reese

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2021 6:08 PM

Well, i can say ,speaking for myself the dumbest things i ever did and said was when i was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2021 6:09 PM

It's pretty tragic what happened to Jason and Jeremy London's potential careers

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2021 6:09 PM

"Legally Blonde" is such a broad comedy, and still plays on TV all over the world that it elevated her to next level fame

Without that movie, she would have remained second or third-tier celebrity

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2021 6:22 PM

As a hiker I was impressed that such a small woman humped a 70 pound backpack for real in Wild.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2021 7:30 PM

she looks and acts like she calls the cops on black people

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2021 7:31 PM

We are not one of her faaaaaaaaaaans!!!

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2021 7:35 PM

I feel that she's like Tracy Flick in real life.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2021 7:35 PM

I'm here for it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2021 8:17 PM

I always mix her up with Kristin Chenoweth.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2021 8:29 PM

Horrible, mannered, talent-free cunt.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2021 8:47 PM

her ship has sailed

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2021 9:19 PM

R49 we should all pray for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2021 9:52 PM

She was good as Tracy Flick, giving Pete Buttigieg a role model.

She's an OK actress but she appears to be a very savvy producer. She went to Stanford so she's probably very smart.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2021 10:01 PM

There's another part of the cop video she's tried really hard to erase from the internet and it's impossible to find these days but she shits on the car, flashes her vag to the camera, runs down the street yelling racial epithets and sets random shit on fire.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2021 7:43 AM

I liked one of her early films, The Man In The Moon. She was really young...maybe 12 or 13?

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2021 10:41 AM

The chin.

The voice.

The arrogance.

No, I don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2021 10:48 AM

I didn’t want to like her in the Johnny Cash movie but I did.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2021 10:53 AM

R51 She didn’t get close to graduating Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2021 11:23 AM

Speak to some of her former nannies and household staff.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Is she an American citizen?

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2021 12:04 PM

She would have had more luck with the cop if she played up her Southern "I'm so sorry officer..." mannerisms than being an aggressive entitled demeaning cunt

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2021 7:12 PM

She was drunk. Let's not hold drunks by sober standards.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Reese & Stephen Dorf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2021 10:51 PM

Reese & Jake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2021 10:51 PM

That chin should have its own sm.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2021 11:01 PM

Re-watching "Election" on Hulu, I'd forgotten how strong the other characters are.

Chris Klein was discovered while scouting at the actual Nebraska high school where the movie was filmed

Jessica Campbell, who plays Chris Klein's lesbian sister, gives an equally memorable performance as Reese and died in December 2020

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2021 4:16 AM

Self-important with a strident voice. Can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2021 4:22 AM

Frau

by Anonymousreply 66December 9, 2021 4:23 AM

Cold as ice

by Anonymousreply 67December 9, 2021 5:05 AM

She definitely has a touch of sociopathy. Also her parents are clearly trash letting her get fingered by Marky Mark on screen playing a teenage girl.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2021 5:41 AM

I used to like her in the late 90's around the time of Freeway, Election and Cruel Intentions. Now she wants to be Oprah and it's nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2021 5:53 AM

I never used to be, but after I saw the size of Ryan Phillippe's cock, I admire her ability to still be able to walk.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote] She followed-up "Do you know who I am?" with "I am American Citizen," NOT "I am a famous person."

Those were two separate points she wanted to make, not a question and answer. WTF did she mean by American citizen?

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2021 5:59 AM

^ Yes this. She cunt a lot.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2021 6:33 AM

Election is a pretty raunchy movie considering Reese's teacher talks about how wet her pussy is in the first few minutes

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2021 8:03 PM

Loved her in Election and Legally Blonde. She's obviously a very smart and business savvy woman, which runs counter to the image she tries to project in her roles - pretty, likable, etc. The public, especially men, generally don't respond well to assertive attractive women, either in cinema or politics. They don't care as much if the woman is unattractive. (Example - Angela Merkel.)

If the genders were reversed in the "Do you know who I am" situation, I doubt people would even remember it happened.

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2021 9:50 PM

I saw her on the cover of same magazine in Target tonight.

It said her marriage fell apart because of the lockdown.

(I'm not sure if she was really acting in Election. I think that is her.)

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2021 2:53 AM

Us mag is claiming her marriage is in trouble and she and Ryan are hooking up again. Probably totally BS.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2021 7:18 PM

Yeah I read somewhere that her marriage fell apart during the quarantine. We’ll find out soon enough if it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2021 1:24 PM

I'm not sure about her overall views, but she is/was friends with Michelle Obama and seems to always endorse the democrat iin presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2022 4:55 AM

Yes I like her.

by Anonymousreply 79January 19, 2022 5:10 AM

I like her, but I like cold, bossy women.

by Anonymousreply 80January 19, 2022 5:16 AM

For the record: Reese snapped at the police officer these two exact sentences: "Do you know my name? You're about to find out who I am."

And also for the record: any number of male celebrities have been extensively mocked publicly for being reported saying "Do you know who I am?": Shia LeBeouf, David Hasselhoff, Alec Baldwin...

(p.s.--Sexism in American culture is indeed real, but it absolutely cannot be used to excuse horrendous behavior.)

by Anonymousreply 81January 19, 2022 5:52 AM

The thing that's so awful and damning for the public about a celebrity demanding "Do you know who I am?" is that they get so many other perks already from society for being a celebrity, and yet here they are, demanding even more.

But what's so pathetic about it, though, is that it clearly signals they have no secure sense of self beyond their celebrity. In effect, what they're saying is, "Please tell me who I am, because I have no real idea."

by Anonymousreply 82January 19, 2022 5:59 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2022 6:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!