Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Signs That You Are No Longer HOT

When you walk into a bar no one looks at you let alone walks over and stands next to you. The good looking guys on grindr block you when you try to start a conversation. At the bathhouse sitting in your room no stops at your door and lingers.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2022 4:19 PM

You were born Chinese and walk into a bar full of gay whites. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2021 3:21 AM

The lure of your ten inch cock can’t outweigh the adult diapers that are three days past a needed change.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2021 3:21 AM

When people in customer service stop taking your shit.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2021 3:32 AM

When you need help with something minor (dropped and item, trying to carry something awkward up stairs etc.), there is no longer a kerfuffle of men falling all over themselves to help you out. Eye contact is instead studiously avoided.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2021 3:35 AM

I should think anybody with the time to post a thread like this, is the primary sign, OP. But that's just my opinion. You're a shallow twat, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2021 3:37 AM

When my ice cold beer is gone and I stop sweating

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2021 3:45 AM

R5- It was 11:19 pm on a Monday night. What should I be up to?

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2021 3:56 AM

You no longer think I'm a cheap whore. You simply assume I'm a John.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2021 4:22 AM

The younger person calls you sir (or ma'am)

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2021 4:39 AM

You have to actually do the work because flirting with the boss no longer works.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2021 4:40 AM

This bartender is a good example of HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2021 4:42 AM

My boyfriend (met him 14 years ago when he truly was hot) owns a store. Some young guy asked if he could film him at his store for a You Tube video. I looked at the comments on You Tube and a few people referred to my boyfriend as "that old guy". Luckily my boyfriend doesn't read the comments and I am not telling him.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2021 4:42 AM

R12- Be bold. Post that video.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2021 4:44 AM

These are good answers. Harsh, but good.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2021 4:51 AM

When you can’t find the good drugs anymore and if you can find any at all they are the lowest quality.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2021 4:53 AM

Old doesn't necessarily equal NOT hot.

Who'd want myopic beauty when one can be beautiful at all stages in life?

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2021 5:06 AM

When you resort to ass and tit implants, 300 beauty filters on every picture you post, and quoting dead, black authors to get social media attention.

At least it’s fun for me and my other high school friends to laugh at these freaks during lunch in the cafeteria!

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2021 5:07 AM

R16- Maybe the title of my thread should have been- Signs That You Are No Longer CONSIDERED HOT.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 5:11 AM

People start referring to you as "spry."

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2021 5:12 AM

When someone says- You look good for your age.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2021 5:14 AM

When you can no longer depend on the kindness of strangers.

You go to a bar and expect to pay for your own drinks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2021 5:26 AM

The moment I started having to pay for my second drink.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2021 5:34 AM

When you get on the bus and people see your belly and get up to give you their seat until they realize you’re a man.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2021 5:36 AM

As I provocatively disrobe amid the steam I become the laughing stock to some wiseguy's Barney Rubble impression crying "Whale on the beach! Whale on the beach!".

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2021 5:39 AM

WHEN I CAN NO LONGER PICK UP A HOT MEXICAN GARBAGE MAN.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2021 5:42 AM

When you consecutively date guys who happen to have that weird ring of fat around their dick.

I rate donut dick. I'll take it; it's just old guy shit.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2021 1:55 AM

When I refused the "fuck in front of the mirror" scenario with a certain Brazilian fuckbuddy. He was still willing to deliver blistering fucks but I just couldn't take myself seriously if I had to look at myself in the mirror. I didn't have an issue with that for decades and then suddenly one day, I knew I had become not hot.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2021 2:10 AM

R9 The sir thing is a bit tricky because it's said out of respect and not because someone is not hot. Here, in the south, even young men also get addressed as sir by older men or a student by a professor but context does matter. I don't think being called a sir by a younger person would necessarily mean that you're not fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2021 2:39 AM

When you are walking by a mirror or a store window and you glance and think "Who's that old guy?" and its you.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Your name is Demi Moore

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2021 2:51 AM

Still, it's better to be a HAS BEEN than a NEVER WAS.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2021 2:52 AM

R29, I walked by a mirror in a department store 5 months ago and thought ‘look at that fattie’ when I saw myself out of the corner of my eye. I have lost 35 pounds now.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2021 2:55 AM

[quote]OP: Signs That You Are No Longer HOT

How should I know? I'd let you know in about 30 years but you won't be around then, will you, Gramps?

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2021 3:00 AM

R32- In 2009 my father and I were in the Expo Design Center ( an upscale Home Depot that went out of business in 2009) to see what good buys we could find for their going out of business sale) We were in the mirror section and I looked in the mirror and said out loud- This mirror makes me look FAT. My father replied- That's because you ARE FAT!

I should have been insulted/upset but it was funny to me even then and I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2021 3:00 AM

The moment I realized I couldn’t even fake being hot was seeing recent pictures of myself and asking myself, “Why do I look ok when I look in the mirror but I look like hell in a photograph?”

Can anyone explain that? I’ve never loved having my picture taken but now I avoid it like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2021 3:07 AM

R35 Because your mind is used to seeing your self in the mirror which is an inversed image of yours. So, when you see yourself in the photo which does not inverse the image, your brain picks up this change and tells you "huh, something is weird and different". Even a small bit of asymmetry gets noticed by our brain. Funny thing is that this is something only you'll pick on because the rest of the world is actually used to seeing you like the way you appear in photographs.

BTW, this is a very good trick used in arts to improve symmetry. Artists often turn portraits like faces upside down or reverse it horizontally to check symmetry and balance.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2021 4:02 AM

You post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2021 4:04 AM

Shit. I guess I’ve never really been hot because besides friends or dates buying me drinks, I’ve never gotten free drinks at the bar.

However, one time I was at a bar and my ugly friend was flirting with the bear bartender and he got free drinks. So who knows.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2021 4:06 AM

R33 guarantee NO ONE thinks you're hot in 2021

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2021 4:19 AM

That moment when my handsome, straight best friend since jr. high and throughout high school and I randomly bumped into each other after not seeing each other again until we were age 40 -- because we ended up living a block away from each other in SF -- came over to my house for drinks and met my longtime partner.

His untraditionally gorgeous, hippy granola wife politely declined: "You boys need to go do your boyhood reaquaintance thing together alone. Bye."

Brian told me: "You need to work out at the gym". I'm thinking: "Fuck you Brian, since when have you ever cared about my looks?!". He was right that I'd became flabby. It hurt. I did manage to ask him if he'd finally give in to the baby oil wrestling session in which I'd let him "win" and he'd fuck me as per my 25-year old fantasy, if I ever got "buff". He and my (buff at the time) partner both turned red and said nothing. It was all very "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf". Or something.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2021 5:14 AM

People are less nice to you than they used to be. Which in turn leads to a solid reevaluation of past kindness as well as the obligation to be less shallow to one's fellow humans and not do as they do.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2021 8:01 AM

When you are a Boomer

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2021 9:31 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2021 9:43 AM

Looking at a store display that caters to gay men and thinking I'm too old to wear that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2021 11:00 AM

Thirty Rock did an entire episode sort of related to this.

When people stop thinking you're the funniest person alive.

When people stop thinking that everything you do is just amazing.

You used to pull 10s and now you're not pulling 10s.

Straight women tell you how good looking you STILL are.

A lot of you stories begin with, "back in the day".

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2021 12:02 PM

r45 I've got to get back in the bubble!

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2021 2:18 PM

I am giggling at r40 asking his straight childhood friend that he hasn’t seen in 25 years to fuck him. I would pay to be a fly on the wall during that conversation.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Actually the thought is rather freeing, because you no longer need to care what other people think about you.

You live as you are, not what you should be. Finally

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2021 3:08 PM

When you are offered the 'senior discount' 10 years early.

I admit, that one stung.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2021 3:18 PM

R28, when I am in full military garb and my slave is naked before me, licking my whip, the bitch better call me "sir" and it has nothing to do with how hot I am.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2021 3:28 PM

Us over the queens are just old WITCHES trying to snare twinks like in this VERY funny Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2021 3:30 PM

Age gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2021 3:33 PM

No one hits on you at the Townhouse.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2021 3:35 PM

R53- If you can't get noticed at The Townhouse there's no hope for you.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2021 3:42 PM

R53 except prostitutes, 90somethings (happened to me), and people who want to murder you. (didn't happen to me thank god)

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2021 3:44 PM

I can relate to that at 37, however not the bath house bit as I’m not disgusting, desperate and sleazy enough to go to those places.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2021 3:50 PM

R56- How is it any less SLEAZY to have some stranger come to your place that you met thru Grindr and have them fuck you than going to a bathhouse?

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2021 4:12 PM

R51, fun fact: the attractive version of Hazel in the cartoon is a caricature of what her voice actress actually looked like at the time.

Disney auditioned her for a similar animated role on the basis of her vocal performances alone and initially refused to believe the actress who showed up to read was actually the same person.

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2021 4:26 PM

R56 is a quality woman, at least in her own warped mind.

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2021 4:35 PM

When no one, not even store clerks, will go the extra mile to help you.

I remember, at the peak of my hotness, over a decade ago, store clerks actually helped me load stuff into my car. No more.

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2021 5:35 PM

R60- Like you were a HOT chick. You're not a hot chick anymore.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2021 6:02 PM

R61, I'm a man

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2021 6:05 PM

I was a real looker who loved huge cock. Oh my god it rained huge cock, I drowned in it for a couple decades. In my forties I settled down to some very very regular fuckbuddies. Some I knew already in my thirties! Well these buddies were my age. And they enthusiastically shared their donkey dongs all through our 40s. Things got weird at 50. First of all, their aging stopped, on APPS. And they only wanted to fuck 25-45. At least they were honest with me, having known them so long. These are attractive men with glorious cock. Line out the door around the block. When I hit 50 at the same as they did plus or minus a few years, things got weird. Each year 1 or 2 no longer contacted me for booty calls. I was no longer ON THE LIST. They were still hot because dongage. Oh well. I have a decent cock and when I wasn't being a slut, my looks led to some nice long relationships. I can be content that I had just about all the sex and love I wanted, and then I hit 50. It has not dried up to zero but I bet when I turn 60 it will be ZERO willing to have sex with me. Fortunately, my interest is waning. But geez, I'm not dead.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2021 6:23 PM

Well isn't r56 just a tempest in a prisspot?

How ever do you navigate life, you precious doily, you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2021 6:38 PM

You can talk to your other sockpuppet as much as you like, r58.

But your Looney Tunes reference was still irrelevant and unclever.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2021 6:40 PM

When someone says: You don't look a day over 70, and you're 50 or white.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2021 6:53 PM

R63 I really wish I was as fortunate as you. I can count the guy I've had sex with and I am 51. I was never hot, so naturally, I would have very few opportunities for sex.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2021 6:56 PM

R65, I am not R51, and the reference is indeed unclear. It's just a favorite anecdote of mine.

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2021 7:01 PM

When you celebrate your 25th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2021 7:09 PM

I'll let you know, OP, when I start detecting any.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2021 7:12 PM

They'll only do you when drunk, last call or lights off or someone needs money

People only like to talk about what you were/how you were/ what you did THEN

You only post your old photos (and we're talking a decade or more)

All your friends your age are "paying for it" one way, or another.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2021 7:17 PM

When you are called whatever the diminutive name is for older men is in your country. Like "abuelito" or "abbale"

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2021 9:45 PM

You have to work at it to get men interested in you and by a certain age even THAT doesn't work anymore.

When one is young and considered HOT- like I was in 1995 guys would express a CLEAR interest in me by standing next to me in the bar , leaning into me and leaning forward to try to catch my glance- those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2022 11:49 PM

When they stop calling you hobo and start calling you homeless.

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2022 11:53 PM

R74- Many years ago Mad Magazine had a story about the difference between being Rich and Poor

When you're Rich you're ECCENTRIC but when you're Poor you're a WEIRDO

When you're Rich you posses a MIXED BREED but when you're Poor you own a MUTT

by Anonymousreply 75January 19, 2022 12:09 AM

When the doctor says you're 5'6" instead of 5'7" . (In other words, you're shrinking.)

by Anonymousreply 76January 19, 2022 12:16 AM

When you are white and age like milk.

by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2022 12:54 AM

When you register with the selective service.

by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2022 1:11 AM

When you need your reading glasses to look at Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 79January 19, 2022 4:35 AM

You're dating Donald Trump Jr

by Anonymousreply 80January 19, 2022 4:45 AM

Hilarious, R79.

by Anonymousreply 81January 19, 2022 4:51 AM

If you have to think about your hotness, then you had never been hot in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 82January 19, 2022 4:54 AM

Multiple people asking if you didn't sleep well when in reality you slept JUST FINE.

by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2022 7:37 AM

You start looking for the Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Masque at Walgreen's.

by Anonymousreply 84January 19, 2022 8:49 PM

When you spend more than 10 min per day on DL.

by Anonymousreply 85January 19, 2022 9:01 PM

When you start censoring photos your friends take of you.

by Anonymousreply 86January 19, 2022 9:01 PM

When your best photos are taken from 10 feet away or farther.

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2022 9:21 PM

A 2 inch layer of makeup

by Anonymousreply 88January 20, 2022 4:29 AM

R88- Concealer - which is what older women apply a lot of.

by Anonymousreply 89January 20, 2022 4:41 AM

R15 or when you have to start paying for the drugs

by Anonymousreply 90January 20, 2022 4:45 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2022 4:00 PM

R49 Young people think that we all look old after 40/45, so being offered a senior discount isn't as bad as it seems. Plus, they do see some well-preserved seniors (thank you botox) who use senior discounts. So, they would rather just give you the discount rather than have to ask, or have you get mad, if you are eligible for a discount. You could still look very good for your age. Younger people won't notice, or appreciate, it. But your peers might find you very hot!

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2022 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!