Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Charles questioned complexion of Harry and Meghan’s baby

Page 6 in the NY Post has several items about Harry, Meghan and the Royal family. Apparently Christopher Smith has written a new book about the BRF. It rehashes what is already know, Harry was incensed over William telling him to slow down with Meghan. Harry was incensed his grandmother didn't include a picture of him and Meghan during a national speech. Harry is incensed a lot.

The only new information is that Charles had a question or made a comment about future grandchildren's complexion.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2021 4:12 PM

Charles is the future king, thus he is entitled to ask as many many questions as he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2021 2:57 PM

Don't believe it. Charles is a twat, but I really doubt he gave a damn about the baby's complexion.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote]The only new information is that Charles had a question or made a comment about future grandchildren's complexion.

According to whom?

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2021 2:59 PM

I agree, Charles couldn't care less, he's still mesmerized by Camilla's tampon.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2021 2:59 PM

Only because Camilla told him to.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2021 3:00 PM

Why does that have to be a bad thing? I'd sure rather see a grandchild who isn't going to get skin poisoning when it goes out into the sun.

These are normal questions like is it going to be a carrot top?

People always looking to be offended. So tiresome. Especially after how welcoming he was to her mother and generous he was to them as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2021 3:03 PM

Royal Foibles insists it was Anne, but it was put out there that it was Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2021 3:03 PM

Why should that ugly couple get a photo on HM's desk? They aren't part of the UK's future

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2021 3:05 PM

Books books books and more books. At what point do these people think the public gives a damn any longer? Robert Lacey, the bottom-feeding Omid Scobie (not once, but twice!), Tina Brown is also coming out with an "incendiary" book, Harry's "memoir" is due out just in time to put the boot into his grandmother and father again as the Platinum Juiblee warms up. And leave us not forget Tom Bower's long-awaited hatchet job on Meghan.

I think that all of this is helping the monarchy. That goes for the BBC, too, which seems already to have forgotten what happened to its reputation over the Bashir interview.

The image is of a pack of braying hounds attacking a graceful hind that can't fight back, bloodied but unbowed.

Charles is probably the least race conscious senior royal in the pack. And wondering what the child will look like is common in mixed race families, if Charles said anything, it was probably an innocent wondering.

You begin to understand the royals' detestation of the media and to sympathise with people whom, ordinarily , would not exactly generate sympathy.

Every mixed race family in the world wonders which side the baby will take after. That kid would have had an adoring grandfather and a trust fund from him if the Sussexes hadn't been so intent on victimising themselves instead of glorying in their and their children's great good luck.

I hope Charles cuts Harry and the kids completely out of any inheritance, and leaves it all to William with a nice bequest to Camilla in her hold age, and the foundation of three nice trust funds for the Cambridge kids.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2021 3:06 PM

^*who (not whom) ordinarily . . .

Before I get "Oh, deared"

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2021 3:08 PM

I'm sure a DNA test has been done but it would be priceless if it came out that Dim was James Hewitt's bio child. That would never happen though, it would tarnish Saint Diana's name. Charles was very generous with them, they even knocked Eugenie's wedding out of her time slot that had been planned already.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2021 3:08 PM

[quote]with a nice bequest to Camilla in her hold age

R9 R10 *Ahem*

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2021 3:10 PM

Mixed babies look mixed, what’s the mystery?

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2021 3:10 PM

And Harry and Meghan’s kids are barely black. They’re a quarter black. I know to white people that’s a full blown negro but genetically the kids are white.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2021 3:11 PM

I suppose it was a relief that the kid turned out a lily white red head like his father, what with Megs dominant black genes and all.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2021 3:13 PM

The whole thing is so stupid. Like the poster said upthread, family members often innocently say they wonder what the coming child will look like. It looks like Dim and Nutmeg are trying to make a big deal out of a non-entity.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2021 3:16 PM

The "royal" family is still a racist institution.

The colonial history of that family will never be scrubbed clean.

There's a lot of historical blood on that family's hands & nothing will ever change that.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 3:17 PM

If my red-headed son was having a mixed baby of course I would wonder. Hoping for a "cocoa ginger" child. --Single red-headed frau.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2021 3:19 PM

I think it depends on how the question was posed. My sister is a freckled redhead with brown eyes, her ex-husband had green eyes, darker skin and hair and - everyone speculated on what their potential children would look like (they never had any). They're both gorgeous people and when they divorced my aunt even commented about how it was a shame they never had children as they would have been beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2021 3:19 PM

They are both proven liars who may feel they were unfairly treated because they don't understand what they expected from the RF (Half in, make money from titles, RF to censor their bad press, their choice of the high profile events etc) was totally unreasonable

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2021 3:19 PM

So hi ow long do you pay for the sins of your ancestors, r17?

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2021 3:23 PM

I wouldn’t put anything past Charles, because I believe the gossip that he’s an odious, narcissistic, talentless, jealous douche behind closed doors, but I also bought the Royal Foibles story that it was Ann/Camilla. (Although it seems like Royal Foibles transferred hands or something, the newer posts on the site don’t have the same jam-packed interesting gossip or the extremely confusing syntax of the old posts.)

Some of the comments in this thread are well beyond Klan Granny territory and into Klan Grand Dragon territory, absolute yikes, and I wish DL would cleanse itself of these posters and block their IPs.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2021 3:23 PM

R12 - Sigh. All right, nobody is perfect.

R9 R10

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2021 3:38 PM

Why put something like this out there if they are just going to be passive aggressive and not name names? It's like having your swirly Bundt cake and eating it too.

Harry wore a Nazi costume. Isn't that way worse than some old royals talking amongst themselves about the upcoming blessed event and which parent the baby might resemble?

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2021 3:43 PM

Harry also made racist jokes on camera when in the army.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2021 3:45 PM

R17 - Oh, grow the fuck up. The British monarchy is a thousand years old, it isn't the sum of 200 years of colonialism, and there are more than half a dozen other monarchies in Europe, and quite frankly, the monarchies of the Arab world have quite a bit more blood on their hands and quite a bit more recently. As for racist, please. It was the monarchy of a nearly completely White population from the beginning, what the fuck did you expect it to be? That only changed after WWII and the Afro-Caribbean population of Britain remains about FOUR PERCENT, although you'd never know it watching British TV where every single programme is 50% black even when it's totally historically inaccurate. The Danish monarchy is also all white. So are the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Lichtensteinian, and Luxembourg monarchies. Oh, wait: the first wife of the younger son of Queen Margrethe of Denmark was Anglo-Chinese. And those Arab monarchies: we all know how egalitarian and non-bigoted THEY are!

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2021 3:45 PM

^*ask me (not as me, in the tagline)

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2021 3:46 PM

R26 - who am I. chopped liver? I am the first black princess of Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2021 3:48 PM

And, oh yeah, a younger son of the Lichtenstein royal family married a Panamanian black woman. Princess Angela, formerly a fashion designer with her own firm. She designed and made her own wedding dress, which was quietly gorgeous and what that pathetic Givenchy gown Meghan wore should have looked like. Princess Angela and her husband seem to have a happy marriage, have one son, and have lived the wealthy and dignified life that Harry and Meghan could have had if they weren't mental cases.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2021 3:49 PM

R28 - Fuck, you beat me to it literally by seconds . . .

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2021 3:50 PM

It was so nice when all the stupid royal threads disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2021 3:50 PM

What's with this "Sussex Squad" troll farm on twitter? There are 100s of accounts which are nothing but fawning over Meghan and attacking William and Kate. It's all those accounts do. Look through their timelines, they never tweet about anything else - not singers, not politics, not movies, not pets. They attack the royals, royalty should be abolished but they all have names like Duchess, Princess Meghan, etc. Many of them belong to black women - or claim they do. As Meghan has passed most of her life, is only biracial, has never done anything for black people, has no black friends, never dated any black men, it seems ridiculous they identify with her.

I guess Meghan has a publicist who runs these accounts but I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on this as it's so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2021 3:51 PM

R31 - Then why are you here? You can tell a royal thread by its title, why don't you just move on to Name That Country or What's the point of a building with a doorman? or Ice Skating 2021-2022? Or Let's Be a Conservative Republican Film! Or What Are the Signs Oprah Winfrey is a Lesbian?

Really, the choices are legion.

And, by the way, the threads never disappeared, and the primary reason is Meghan and Harry who simply keep stirring the pot and then whingeing about their privacy. Let's see: Megxit, Oprah, Finding Freedom, Dax Shepherd, their "tour' of NY including stops at the UN, their own camera crew in charge, the appearance of Meghan the Giant Tomato at the Intrepid veteran's event . . .

Now they've got the BBC programme, a front-page legal case that just outed Meghan as a perjurer and Harry as a liar bleating about transparency and truth in media JUST as emails produced in court showed he approved of collaborating with Omid Scobie on FF but that publicly the line should be We Had Nothing To Do With It!

Kate steps out looking like a fucking goddess in a golden dress at a film premiere, knocks it out of the park at the Royal Variety show with her new wavy Veronica Lake look . . .

Face it: this is a gossip site and when it comes to gossip, the British Royal Family never disappoints.

Oh, wait: I forgot Prince Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2021 4:00 PM

R32 - Actually, the NY TIMES carried a story last year about Meghan's "bots".

And, most notoriously, one of Meghan's deranged fans threatened to stab Telegraph columnist Camila Tominey AND her three children to death for criticising Meghan in a column. This resulted in a police action, and Tominey wrote a column about it and free speech. Richard Kay and Richard Palmer and Dan Wootton routinely receive death threats from Meghan's "squad".

What should have gotten more play is that recent Twitter story that 70 accounts were responsible for a "hate campaign" against Meghan. When it was sorted, it turned out to be ten accounts, all suspended. But the 70 Down To Ten story wasn't widely reported.

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 4:06 PM

Daily Beast is reporting today Prince Andrew was in cahoots with Prince Albert of Monaco to get a favor for the banker friend of his loaned him $2 million. Somehow I can imagine those two being buddies.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2021 4:07 PM

R34 what is a 'hate account' against Meghan? You aren't allowed to criticize or dislike the woman? She's a gold-digging failed actress and attention whore. Plenty to dislike there.

Meghan fans attacking Richard Kay of the Daily Mail is rich. Kay was BFFs with Princess Di - she was leaking stories to him daily. People forget Di used the tabloids (which all adored her) to undermine Charles.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2021 4:11 PM

It appears that the POST requested a comment from Prince Charles on the story, and got a reply:

“A spokesperson for Prince Charles told The Post: 'This is fiction and not worth further comment.' A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan did not respond to requests for comment.”

Oh, I'll bet Harry and Meghan didn't reply. They're sitting on a bubble now, and they know it. The Queen hasn't long, Charles is next up on the throne and in charge of all the goodies, and they know the Palace told Knauf to go ahead and drop the bomb in the ANL case as payback for the Oprah/Dax/Lilibet shit.

They know the Palace will sue for defamation at this point, and having spread the rumour themselves on Oprah but it's now coming back like everything else to bite them on the arse, their best option is keep schtum.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote] As Meghan has passed most of her life, is only biracial, has never done anything for black people, has no black friends, never dated any black men, it seems ridiculous they identify with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2021 4:19 PM

I don't see anything wrong with wondering. I am a pale blonde with blue eyes, my son is average complextion with black hair and blue eyes and the woman he has a baby with is Mexican, dark skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes. I wondered if the baby would be tan with hazel eyes because that would be cool. So did both my son and the baby's mother. no worries.

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2021 4:20 PM

The whole Meghan Hate Campaign was the brain fart of Christopher Bouzy, who is trying to make bank on becoming Meghan's next Omid Scobie.

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2021 4:26 PM

I think if you're looking to take offence, you can always find a reason. If say, Let's go out for a pizza, a touchy Italian might feel that's cultural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2021 4:26 PM

Megs is a known psychopath. Not only an obsessive money grubbing liar but thinking that it's funny to shut somebody's eyes with Super glue? Harry and his nazi display and posing with animals he's killed? Lecturing about carbon footprints while living in a 16 bedroom home and taking private planes? When questioned about this Harry gets cold and nasty? Claiming they don't care about titles but are obsessed with them? These two are more than trash. They're a garbage dump.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2021 4:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2021 4:31 PM

R38 - Yes, we saw how close they were in those photos of Meghan gate-crashing Serena's family's box at the US Open shortly after Archie was born. If Serena's mother had been any more affectionate, she'd have thrown Meghan over the edge onto the court. And there were some very nasty rumours that they stopped being friends after Meghan flashed her cooch at Serena's hubby, the very rich Ohanian.

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2021 4:33 PM

I don’t believe the superglued eyelids story.

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2021 4:35 PM

The book making this claim was written by Christopher Andersen who is a hack biographer and you should take everything he says with a grain of salt. He claims to have sources in the royal house despite the fact he lives in Connecticut. All his sources are "unnamed," and he's kind of like Kitty Kelly in that he sets out to write trash. He has written books on the royals before with claims that were all later proven to be total fabrications. In his book about William & Kate published before their wedding, he claimed numerous times the Queen was planning to abdicate before her Diamond Jubliee, that Charles would then abdicate by the end of the 2020s to allow William to become King before he turned 50.

That being said, even if Charles did ask what any child's complexion might look like, it's not racist. It's common to speculate on what a baby might look like e.g. hair colour, eye colour, boy or girl etc. My brother-in-law is from Hong Kong and when he and my sister was pregnant with her first child, both sides of the family speculated on what the baby would look like...who the fuck cares.

I don't even like Charles but this whole "Charles is the devil" is such BS.

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2021 4:39 PM

Half caste are tiresome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2021 7:21 PM

Breaking: Charles has brought in his lawyers and is expected to take legal action against the book's author and publisher. If this were to go to court, Christopher Andersen would have to reveal his sources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2021 9:31 PM

He doesn't have any sources, r48. He made it up.

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2021 1:13 AM

R48– He can always say Omid was the source

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2021 1:30 AM

Bloody hell, the Sussex ANL legal case thread has been paywalled. When the decision comes down on Thursday morning we're going to have to start a new one!

Charles isn't going to sue anyone right now. Andrew's case has opened and the Sussex mess is hardly over yet. The last thing the BRF need is another fucking family member in court.

Unless the Appeal Court upholds the Summary Judgement in the ANL case.

Then, Charles, there will be room for you, dear boy.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2021 2:05 AM

[QUOTE] Some of the comments in this thread are well beyond Klan Granny territory and into Klan Grand Dragon territory, absolute yikes, and I wish DL would cleanse itself of these posters and block their IPs.

Well said! So many vile racist fraus pontificating and calling shrivelled old Kate a 'goddess.' As if a gay man would ever worship some saggy faced 40 year old.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote]Harry wore a Nazi costume.

He wore a swastika armband, not a full Nazi costume. Punk rockers in the 1970s wore more Nazi paraphernalia than he did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2021 2:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2021 2:27 PM

Barbados is remaining in the Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2021 3:14 PM

My mum is from Barbados and we still have family there. While this is more an evolutionary rather than revolutionary step and makes perfect sense, a lot of people there are seeing this as power move by politicians rather than a real step towards full independence. There was no referendum (allegedly the Prime Minister feared the people would actually vote to retain the monarchy in a "Brexit" like backlash) and the new president was elected by Parliament not by the people. This could have been a huge but apparently it's being met with indifference by most people on the Island.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2021 3:49 PM

R56 - The influence of China in Barbados is concerning. They've pumped millions of dollars into the country.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2021 3:50 PM

R57 China is pumping huge amount of money all over the Caribbean. The truth is, most Caribbean nations are corrupt as fuck (one of the reasons my mum left).

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2021 3:57 PM

R56 The reason there wasn't a referendum is because the majority of people in Barbados wanted to retain the monarchy while the Queen was alive. You got to love the argument put forward that ending the monarchy will increase democracy but then the new system gives voters zero say in who their head of state will be. It's basically replacing one unelected head of state with another.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2021 4:06 PM

I think it's a good thing Charles is going. I think he's well aware that once the Queen drops, most of the remaining Commonwealth Realms will likely remove the British Monarch as their head of state. He's securing his role of the future Head of the Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2021 4:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!