Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Date Turned Out to Be a “Patriot” Riding the “Red Wave”

Well, what can I say? I’ve been single for a few years and put myself out there again. This time I met a nice and witty guy on Tinder. We hit it off, which is rare these days for me, and had dinner at a nice little Italian place.

Everything went well until I found out he’s a gay conservative who considers himself a patriot. He also told me he’s hoping to help bring about the “red wave”. I can only image what that means.

My friends suggested I continue seeing him as I’ve been single for a few years now. I pushed back that if our values are totally different that it would never work. And it wouldn’t. I rather be alone than sacrifice my values and morals that are paramount to who I am.

I’m just really frustrated that everyone else in their 30s seems to be married or in a long-term relationship and I’m over here celibate for 4 years. Some friends think I’m being picky but is it so much to ask that someone has similar values to mine than the polar opposite?

by Anonymousreply 144December 12, 2021 8:40 AM

Dump him.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2021 2:16 AM

If you only want sex I say go for it but if you want a relationship it will not work because like you said his values are so different. Punch and delete my friend.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2021 2:17 AM

This will end in tears

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2021 2:17 AM

That’s exactly how I feel R2. I can’t believe some friends said to try it anyway and to stop being so picky.

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2021 2:19 AM

How big was his cock, though? Maybe let him hate fuck you if he's packing, OP. If he's tinymeat and a conservative, run the other way as fast as possible.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 2:20 AM

Just use him for hate sex.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 2:20 AM

R5, I never got that far. I had not even seen him shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 2:20 AM

You two would be arguing left and right unfortunately. You might haul off and hit him… lol 😂

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 2:21 AM

Have you considered a nice Asian?

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 2:23 AM

My love life could generously be described as a disaster and I would've excused myself and left. I'm not that desperate.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 2:29 AM

Was he vaxxed?

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 2:30 AM

If this is a real occurrence, OP, and not an EST, then I don't know how you even made it through dinner. All seriousness, I would have left. Intellectually, I hate that I would have left but I know me, and I would've. I just can't deal with conservatives, not these days. I can't imagine being intimate with someone who supported Trump. But that's me.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 2:31 AM

Do you live in a blue state or an area with a lot of right wingers? For some reason conservatives in blue states tend to be even weirder and meaner than their red state counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 2:33 AM

R12 About 12 years ago I had a one night stand with one of the most beautiful men I'd ever met. I slept over and in the middle of the night got up to pee. Ended up in his home office. Ann Coulter books and the like EVERYWHERE. The sex was amazing, but yeah...bye.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2021 2:34 AM

R13 of course they're weirder and meaner. They're not in a "safe space"

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2021 2:34 AM

They can't talk about how much they love Tucker Carlson if your dick is in their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2021 2:36 AM

My first partner was republican. I'm liberal.

But it was a different time. We were both moderates, which helped too. In fact, we didn't have one issue RE our political differences in the seven years we were together. We shared the same "life" values, just different political values.

Now? I just couldn't do it. Especially if they used words like "patriot".

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2021 2:38 AM

R13, I live in a blue state but this guy is from a red state right next door. I really should have asked him before.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2021 2:41 AM

The divide has to be bridged at some point OP if we all want to make it. You and he might be Couple Zero. It's gotta start somewhere. Give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2021 2:53 AM

Maybe you should talk to him and fess up, OP. He might be into a FWB thing so long as you don't talk politics, but that will fail because conservatives can't stop talking about their politics for 15 seconds (unless like R16 suggests), so there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2021 2:54 AM

The current definition of "patriot" seems to be someone willing to overthrow the government in favor of fascism.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2021 2:55 AM

Ignore EVERYONE and go out with him again if u want to . It used to be that everyone could have their own beliefs ,it wasnt a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2021 2:57 AM

R19 try it yourself

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2021 3:01 AM

An easy way to check without bringing it up is to check their socials. If they follow cretins like Candace and MTG, RUN LIKE THE WIND!

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2021 3:02 AM

R22 Agreed, though the prospect of him being well adjusted is slim, especially post-Trump, the Jan 6th insurrection, etc.

There are mild mannered, well-meaning conservatives. I think they happen to be quite scarce in the US.however.

That said, I like to keep an open mind. A conservative who is a moderate as well as an independent certainly would have a chance with me, if I were looking for a partner. Society seems to have strangely devolved that so many feel one has to agree on every hot button topic or opinion. People can still find common ground, disagree on things, and still respect one another. I'm over all of the "you're my instant enemy now that you disagree with x...It's very limited and limiting. Republican is a hard sell nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2021 3:11 AM

Didn't we just have this thread? Within the last 10 days? What's fucking going ON around here?

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 3:17 AM

Once the 'red wave' comment came out of his mouth, I would've spent the rest of the dinner asking him about his period, just to torment him.

Not worth your time OP. There's plenty of other gay fish in the sea that aren't MAGA wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 3:18 AM

Dump him, and while you're at it dump your friends. That is absolutely terrible advice. They aren't looking out for your best interests. At best you need to downgrade the importance you put on their opinions.

The past two years have been a pandemic. You aren't a freak for being celibate and you don't need a man to validate yourself. Stop thinking that way, and don't listen to anyone who does. Never settle just to avoid being alone.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 3:31 AM

See him just once more. Think "Arsenic and Old Lace".

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 3:36 AM

A gay patriot is a self-loathing crazy person, OP.

Is one hour of dick worth countless hours of hyper-vigilance and active listening?

Are you prepared for strangers attempting to hold you accountable for his asshole behavior?

Does he handle his own money or does he have a "trustee"

Does he have a deep love of spaghettios?

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 3:39 AM

All might be forgiven if he has a big cock and plump ass.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2021 3:41 AM

I think you need new friends.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2021 3:46 AM

R31 Yes, one mustn't overlook the value of those.

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2021 3:47 AM

Cut the cord. - Patsy Sone

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote]Riding the “Red Wave”

FTM transexual

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2021 4:00 AM

It can work...

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2021 4:01 AM

A “red wave patriot”? And there is some question about this? You’ve got to be kidding. Drop him. Quickly. Very, very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 4:11 AM

Good gawd, just settle.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2021 4:16 AM

If he is conservative, and he doesn't really talk a lot about politics I would keep him. But if after he cums inside of you he starts talking about how much he hates AOC, it's not going to work out. Conservative or Liberal, if they love to talk about politics all the time, it is going to get old fast. I dated a Bernie Bro for two months, and we shared the same values and political opinions, but the guy was annoying and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2021 4:31 AM

[quote] This will end in tears

Or storming the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2021 4:47 AM

OP, I think you already know that this red-wave-riding patriot is not for you. Your friends sound like bullshitters as well. If they really knew you and cared about you, they wouldn't be so blase about this.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Move on. I tried this once, it wasn't worth it.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 4:51 AM

But before you punch and delete him, collect some evidence for the FBI investigation.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2021 4:53 AM

This hatred between right and left is going to destroy us.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote] For some reason conservatives in blue states tend to be even weirder and meaner than their red state counterparts.

I don't know what you mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2021 5:32 AM

You have fundamentally different world views; no to mention definitions of reality. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2021 5:48 AM

8.85/10. Well done.

But I was in this situation in real life. It was hard to do on one hand be cause he was so hot and perfect and just extremely sexy but I had to break it off. More like stop it in its early tracks.

The real problem was that he was being up politics so randomly when we were completely on a different topic. I can’t handle it. It makes me sick to see the handsome men be sucked into this crap. To the point of it ruining them.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2021 6:12 AM

It’s unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 6:13 AM

Moan "I love Obama" as he's fucking you. You'll get the fuck of your life.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2021 7:28 AM

R49 That's hilarious. He may wish to try "Pelosi" if he's really looking to get pounded.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2021 7:36 AM

It’s the same reality with family. I can only call my mom occasionally because you could be taking about the most obscure subject, yet somehow it comes back to Trump or medical conspiracies. It’s not simply having conservative political ideals and agreeing to disagree, it’s that they can’t help ranting about it and it consumes their being. So I really don’t think you can just agree to disagree, because you are dealing with a political cult member.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2021 8:08 AM

If it is more than sex, drop him. Republicants these days are a different breed: more extreme and not reality based. This will have a short shelf life unless you share his political views. Dissent is not an option. Still unconvinced? Ask him about January 6th, MTG, or Cucker Tarlson. His response will be very instructive.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2021 9:39 AM

Perhaps try changing your views?

Or at least make a genuine effort to understand where he’s coming from?

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2021 11:25 AM

[quote] Perhaps try changing your views?

Perhaps, go fuck yourself Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2021 11:39 AM

It depends on how political he is, OP. I think it is fine to date someone with different views. However, if it came up on the FIRST date, then I have a feeling it would always be an issue.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote] It depends on how political he is, OP.

"Patriot"

"Red Wave"

How political do you think he is?

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2021 11:50 AM

It's funny how this guy calls himself a patriot, as if you are not. Patriots don't support overthrowing democracy in favor of a fascist government.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2021 11:57 AM

How did politics even come up, and how did you reply?

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2021 12:07 PM

EST - quite realistic one. Makes me laugh because the boilerplate text is dripping with normcore snark yet you dupes still fell for it. 8/10.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2021 12:15 PM

A Red Wave Patriot?

Back away, not today, Disco Lady.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote] we shared the same values and political opinions, but the guy was annoying and obnoxious.

Yes. I turns out, being lectured by people uou essentially agree with is just as odious as getting it from ten other side.

[quote] The real problem was that he was bring up politics so randomly when we were completely on a different topic.

I frequent a gaming website, and this is EXACTLY the problem: they NEVER fucking stop!! EVERYTHING is political! EVERY topic must be turned towards ‘the cause.’ It never ends.

[quote] How did politics even come up

Apparently, you didn’t read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 61November 27, 2021 4:39 PM

Single, 42 here. I kick myself for not partnering up sooner - I think i let go of a lot of opportunities. Dating is hell right now basically. Pandemic, and a lot of political division. I'm finding it much more appealing to just go it on my own. Not a fan of the apps either.

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2021 4:41 PM

Punch and delete

by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2021 4:43 PM

It's one of DeTurdo's sock puppets, R54.

by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2021 4:45 PM

OP, make a donation in his name to one (or all) of the following: (1) AOC, (2) Ilhan Omar, or (3) Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2021 4:46 PM

#3, R65. She's putting in the most work and is actually an anti-Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2021 4:49 PM

Nobody wants a woketard.

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Thank you for your singular and insignificant contribution to this site, R67. Now go back to whatever right wing slimy hole you crawled out of.

by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2021 4:54 PM

Interesting how conservatives and right wingers generally have little difficulty finding love, creating families and being surrounded by loved ones and those who care; while leftists, generally. are bitter, twisted and alone. furiously masturbating with toys while cursing their political opponents.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2021 4:55 PM

Patriotism is evil, shameful disgusting sinful and wrong.

We hate our nation!

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2021 4:58 PM

Oh, look - R67's sock puppet!

by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2021 4:59 PM

R69 has obviously never heard of incels.

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2021 5:00 PM

Patriotism is not storming the Capitol to overturn the results of a legitimate election, r70.

SJWs have no problem with real patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2021 5:02 PM

I miss the old DL. The advice would be to date him and report back here on a regular basis. Many OPs did just that, or pretended to. Didn't matter. It made for fun posts unstead of this overserious tedium.

by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2021 5:03 PM

OP needs to at least experience a good fuck, and then he can punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2021 5:09 PM

R72 Incels are a special case and tend to have very idiosyncratic political positions that make them hard to place on the political spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]The real problem was that he was bring up politics so randomly when we were completely on a different topic.

Yeah, when they telegraph that there's no "agreeing to disagree" and changing the subject, it's a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2021 5:12 PM

Enjoy the corona he’ll give you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2021 5:12 PM

BS, r76. As was the lie that liberals have a harder time forming long-lasting relationships.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2021 5:13 PM

[quote] Incels are a special case and tend to have very idiosyncratic political positions that make them hard to place on the political spectrum.

Oh, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2021 5:14 PM

It's liberals that have to invent ridiculous shit like "Friendsgiving: because no one can stand them long term.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2021 5:18 PM

You mean the Friends maration on TBS, r81?

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2021 5:19 PM

R76 That's bullshit. All incels are conservatives. A liberal, feminst incel? Get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2021 5:21 PM

If I was single (I'm not), and a date even hinted approval of trans, BLM, rad feminism, open borders, CRT...I wouldn't even bother yelling "check". I'd throw cash on the table and spit on the table on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] open borders

No one

Anywhere

Is

For

Open

Borders

by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2021 5:27 PM

R80 Yes they get lumped into the the alt-right, especially, because they are misogynistic and many times White Supremacists, but most are not really concerned with politics but with sex. And they tend to be ostracized by many on the right, even the alt-right, as losers. The alt-right is big on being alpha males. Crying on your computer about how no one will fuck you, isn't alpha male behavior.

For examples of incel behavior on the left look no further than the BernieBros phenomenon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2021 5:28 PM

R74 that was before republicans turned into deadly deplorables. Who needs it? They are sick. It’s no different than Jonestown. They are zombies now. These aren’t their opinions. They can’t even tell you why they hate liberals. Everything is a script like Jonestown. It’s not based on genuine opinions.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2021 5:30 PM

Defacturd is busy making with sock puppet accounts. 🚫 to all of them. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2021 5:35 PM

R57 open your eyes , you are calling the kettle black

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2021 5:43 PM

I hate the Invasion of the Trumptards, even if it just DeJure/DeFacto and his sock puppets. I also hear the he who shall not be named (E) still lurks around. It does detract from the high quality of life here at the DL. I do have full confidence in Muriel and her capacity for extermination though.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2021 5:50 PM

How so? Red tags are a joke. Defacto has been red tagged three times and is currently cruising for a fourth. La Gorda from Brooklyn (E M) has been red tagged at least 4 or 5 times. Crazy Matt A? He must have a dozen red tag numbers by now.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] open your eyes , you are calling the kettle black

Meaning what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2021 5:59 PM

R57 I'm not defending the right wingers who stormed the Capitol. But, really they were doing what they thought was patriotic. They were being led by people who knew better, but I'm sure 90% or more of the actual participants, really thought they weren't trying to cause a coup but to prevent one and to uphold the Constitution. If you really believed with all your heart and soul that the government bureaucracy, the media, and foreign governments colluded to thwart an election and the will of the people, storming the Capitol makes sense as an extremely patriotic thing to do.

Of course, it wasn't true. They were led down the garden path by liars and grifters. And, now they have to pay the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2021 5:59 PM

Yeah, we are talking about people who claim the exclusive title of "patriot" after January 6 when there is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2021 6:02 PM

When you align yourself with people who have been making headlines for harassing and threatening people for just doing their jobs in the private sector (such as those who work for Dominion), in their capacity of our elected representatives (the January 6th Insurrection and those who vote against things the GQP deem, "Anti-Trump"), or the families of any of those people, then you are not a "patriot".

Are there Republicans who are "patriots"? Of course! There are Democrats who are, as well. And Democrats who aren't. Welcome to reality.

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Patriot has taken on an ugly meaning. It now stands for someone who wants to throw out the Constitution and establish a militant, fascist theocracy a la Gilead.

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2021 7:03 PM

I briefly dated a republican guy last year -he could be very thoughtful and charming; and he was quite sexy. There were other red flags that kept me at a slow walk; basically since I fulfilled his specific physical ideal he was much too quick to want it to be serious — but ultimately it was his constant bringing up of politics that made me end it. He knew from the beginning I was a liberal; I was very clear about my beliefs — but he was simply unable to go more than a few hours without complaining about “the left” in some roundabout way.

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2021 7:59 PM

You people asking me to change my values are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2021 8:02 PM

They are trolls or one specific troll R98.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote] You people asking me to change my values are assholes.

If what you value is fascism and transfer of wealth to the rich, then you're the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2021 8:15 PM

I though R98 was addressing right-wing trolls R100.

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2021 8:16 PM

It could have gone either way. That's why I said "if."

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2021 8:18 PM

My values are more important than love.

I love myself more than I could ever love another

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] Perhaps try changing your views? Or at least make a genuine effort to understand where he’s coming from?

The OP is intractable. He will die alone.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] The OP is intractable. He will die alone.

Sure. His only option is to marry a Nazi. Sounds logical.

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2021 9:49 PM

People in this thread seem incapable of nuance.

They personify 'Reductio Ad Absurdem'.

by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2021 9:53 PM

There is a difference between a Conservative and a MAGAturd--they are not the same thing. If OP was dating a Conservative you could have a rational conversation with, that would be one thing. But it sounds like this dude is repeating MAGA buzzwords-IMO it's not worth having a conversation with the MAGAs, they are brainwashed by nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote] Some friends think I’m being picky

Well, OP, you're not half as picky as the people here giving you advice. They're giving you negative advice rather than positive advice.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] He also told me he’s hoping to help bring about the “red wave”. I can only image what that means.

Good conversations entail asking questions and listening intently.

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2021 11:39 PM

OP, you need to put a lock on your heart.

You must never stoop to the second-rate to find any scrap of happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 28, 2021 12:08 AM

I have long time friends and family who voted for Trump twice and although I have tried to keep my distance I have not cut them out of my life. But I would never start a NEW relationship or friendship with somebody knowing they are a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 111November 28, 2021 12:08 AM

Any gay man who is a Republican is twisted, fucked up and probably dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 112November 28, 2021 12:39 AM

Refuse to Compromise!

Die alone.

by Anonymousreply 113November 28, 2021 1:12 AM

R113, other people don’t have to compromise on dating someone with totally opposite views on politics. Why should I?

by Anonymousreply 114November 28, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] other people don’t have to compromise

Those other people may have assets that you lack in order to find a suitable partner that is acceptable to your requirements.

by Anonymousreply 115November 28, 2021 1:30 AM

I imagine it's easier to find stability with someone who leans conservative but I wouldn't see it as a dealbreaker if I sense the chemistry is there. The only thing I could see being an issue is if we are raising kids.

by Anonymousreply 116November 28, 2021 1:30 AM

A relationship requires trust and respect, two things I could never give a MAGA idiot.

by Anonymousreply 117November 28, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] a MAGA idiot

The OP tells us that the man is "a nice and witty guy".

by Anonymousreply 118November 28, 2021 1:35 AM

Are you posting from the 1950s?

"To catch a man, girls, you must change everything about yourself. You are worthless if you can't snag a man."

by Anonymousreply 119November 28, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote] You are worthless if you can't snag a man.

The OP is in his 30s and has told us he's been both single and celibate for 4 years now.

The 30s soon dissolve into the 40s. And all sexual attraction shrivels up after that.

by Anonymousreply 120November 28, 2021 1:47 AM

There is no reward to giving up who your are to be with someone who doesn't believe the same things you do. To think otherwise is the height of stupidity and will ensure a miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 121November 28, 2021 1:50 AM

I think it shakes out about even. Single or partnered. Best to experience both for long stretches of time in ones life. Just being one or the other doesn't give much perspective.

by Anonymousreply 122November 28, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote]"To catch a man, girls, you must change everything about yourself. You are worthless if you can't snag a man."

"And being single means you're doomed to decades of misery and loneliness until you're found decomposing and half-eaten by your dozen cats." 😺

by Anonymousreply 123November 28, 2021 1:55 AM

The OP may be found decomposing and half-eaten by his dozen cats but his high moral standards will be intact.

by Anonymousreply 124November 28, 2021 2:03 AM

A quote from "Broadcast news" which applies to OP: "Wouldn't this be a great world if insecurity and desperation made us more attractive? If needy were a turn-on?"

by Anonymousreply 125November 28, 2021 2:05 AM

R69 is hilariously false. Every conservative I know over 50 (and they're all over 50, at least the ones I know) have adult children who don't speak to them. Most of them are divorced, too!

by Anonymousreply 126November 28, 2021 2:46 AM

Who says you have to give up who you are? Your looking for a partner not a twin.

by Anonymousreply 127November 28, 2021 2:48 AM

It's bizarre how stridently relationship-oriented Datalounge is these days. "You're worthless without a man -- give everything up for LOVE or else you'll die ALONE -- HORRORS!!!!"

Like, who the fuck are you people?

by Anonymousreply 128November 28, 2021 2:48 AM

r6 he'd probably growl 'MAGA' or "Trump' every time he cums.

by Anonymousreply 129November 28, 2021 4:37 AM

[quote]Patriot has taken on an ugly meaning. It now stands for someone who wants to throw out the Constitution and establish a militant, fascist theocracy a la Gilead.

Where can I sign up to be a handmaid if this happens?

by Anonymousreply 130November 28, 2021 6:04 AM

[quote] he'd probably growl 'MAGA' or "Trump' every time he cums

You can obsess over your 'Reductio ad Absurdum' obsession, R129, but the OP tells us that the man is "a nice and witty guy".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 28, 2021 6:39 AM

Any guy who talks about the "Red Wave" is gonna be bringing his BS up all the time. Run Bitch...RUNNNNNNNN

by Anonymousreply 132November 28, 2021 6:44 AM

Anyone can be “nice and witty” in casual conversation or as an acquaintance but still have views and values that make them unsuitable for a deeper friendship or a relationship.

It level of simplistic thinking (and/or inane trolling) in this thread is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 133November 28, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote] But, really they were doing what they thought was patriotic.

When the Nazis invaded Poland, they thought the same thing. When they stuffed Jews (and gays) into concentration camps, ‘they really thought what they were doing was patriotic!’

Extremists ALWAYS think what they’re is ‘the right thing.’ The fact that this guy brings up politics at EVERY OCCASION is a serious sign that he doesn’t respect anyone else’s views, even on the most basic ‘agree to disagree’ principle which helps keep society civil.

It’s one thing to agree not to discuss politics, but another entirely to spend an entire relationship biting your tongue as the other person harangues you with the latest Fox New talking points (also known as lies!).

[quote] The OP may be found decomposing and half-eaten by his dozen cats but his high moral standards will be intact

I’m sure the cats will make for better company.

by Anonymousreply 134November 28, 2021 4:21 PM

I have no issue with people who have different politics. I would have an issue with someone willing to put themselves in harm's way to oppose the government. My personal life is complicated enough.

by Anonymousreply 135November 28, 2021 5:31 PM

R134 Are you the OP?

You said he was 'nice and witty' two days ago now you're seething with hatred at his boorishness.

Is this imaginary man your own sock-puppet?

by Anonymousreply 136November 28, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] [R134] Are you the OP?You said he was 'nice and witty' two days ago now you're seething with hatred at his boorishness.Is this imaginary man your own sock-puppet?

No, I’m not, and don’t understand where you’d get that idea. I loathe the MAGAt crowd and would advise anyone to steer clear of them. Don’t give up your day job for private investigating; you suck at it.

by Anonymousreply 137November 29, 2021 4:39 AM

OP, has this 'nice and witty guy' rung you for a second date?

by Anonymousreply 138November 29, 2021 5:46 AM

OP here! I have good news. He ended up ghosting me and unmatching with me on tinder.

The only time I’ve ever been happy to be ghosted.

by Anonymousreply 139December 12, 2021 3:22 AM

He was 'nice and witty' two weeks ago. And now he's a pariah.

It takes two to make a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 140December 12, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote] Some friends think I’m being picky

Your options are getting smaller very year.

Your tolerance level needs to increase as your looks fade.

by Anonymousreply 141December 12, 2021 3:52 AM

Your standards for an acceptance husband need to recede just as your hairline recedes.

Loneliness is a high price to pay for independence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 12, 2021 4:36 AM

Be alone or be with a Trumper?

I'll take alone any fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 143December 12, 2021 7:23 AM

I want to be alone!

by Anonymousreply 144December 12, 2021 8:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!