Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Only clowns would play with those balloons...

What'd you wanna look like Barbie for?

Dear Lord, it's easy

Roasting, roasting, roast indeed

Mahogany...

Titties that live on and on and on and on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2022 4:45 AM

Hooray! Love Goldfrapp!

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 11:14 PM

This song always makes me laugh. It's a beautiful song with lyrics that seem indecipherable and then you look them up... 😄 Love it! One of my favourite bands.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 11:22 PM

The whole album is beautiful. As is the rest of Goldfrapp's oeuvre (and, yes, I'm including "Head First")

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 11:33 PM

Rediscovered this album recently. Had no idea of the lyrics x

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 11:43 PM

R3, Head First is my least favourite of their albums, but it still has some great songs on it. That style of 80s music has just never been my style, but still I love "Alive", and actually the run from "Alive" to "Shiny and Warm" is pretty great for the most part (majority of the album). "Rocket" is fun in the right mood, and I enjoy "Voicething". It's not a bad album, but it just pales compared to the rest where every other album is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 11:46 PM

Tales Of Us is an absolute masterpiece. I love all their albums though.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 11:47 PM

Their understanding of mood is out of this world, it jibes so well with what I love too. Tales of Us is fantastic, I agree R6, and I don't say that a lot about albums that are as full of slow songs as that one is. My god, "Simone" gives me chills, and there are these parts in "Annabel" and "Drew" that move me beyond being able to describe the feeling. I gotta go and listen to them again.

Saw her when she came to Sydney a few years ago and it was a fantastic show, everything I wanted, compounded by the fact that when I turned around two guys were eyeing me off. It ended up being a fun night in more ways than one ;)

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 11:50 PM

^Ugh, compounded is NOT the word I wanted there, I meant, the opposite, in that the night was made EVEN BETTER by an unexpected threesome.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 11:51 PM

Yes, but it contains "Dreaming", which is so gorgeous. That song, for me, redeems the missteps on the rest of the album.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 11:52 PM

One of my favourites re: mood is "White Soft Rope", a b-side from Black Cherry. Love the feeling it gives me. Similar with another b-side "Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie" which is the string part from one of my favourites "Tiptoe".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Hard to pick a favourite, but this song would be it if I had to choose one. Those strings that build towards the end! Mmmm!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 12:07 AM

^Sorry, forgot to pick the right link, I meant this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 12:08 AM

Video for Drew. Beautiful song, beautiful video portraying a threesome, lots of naked frolicking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 8:47 PM

When The Singles album came out, everyone was raving about "Yellow Halo", which don't get me wrong, is a great song, but I was always even more partial to this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2021 7:00 PM

"Tiptoe" is a great song, and I was really thrilled when I found that one of the B-sides focuses on the strings part from that song. And what, exactly, is she saying with that title? Hehehe. "BIG BLACK.... cloud? LITTLE WHITE... lie?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2022 12:18 AM

I she still gay?

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2022 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!