Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince William in deep shit over telling Africans to stop fucking so much

Prince William blasted for ‘racist, out of touch’ comments on the African population

Prince William has come under fire for the comments he made regarding the population surge in Africa and its impact on the native wildlife of the land.

Royal commentator Omid Scobie made this claim on Twitter.

“In other news, Prince William has been called an 'imperialist colonizer' after blaming African population growth for wildlife loss."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 2, 2021 12:43 AM

Prince William has been accused of racism for comments linking the human population of Africa to pressure on wildlife.

The Duke of Cambridge gave a speech to the Tusk Conservation Awards calling for the natural world to be protected from the impact of human beings, but his comments sparked a backlash on Twitter after being reported in the U.K. press.

William, a Tusk patron, handed out prizes to leading conservationists from African nations at the ceremony on Monday. He told the audience in London: "The increasing pressure on Africa's wildlife and wild spaces as a result of human population presents a huge challenge for conservationists, as it does the world over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 9:34 PM

Accused by Omid Scoobie. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 9:35 PM

Blacks don't like to hear the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 9:37 PM

He's absolutely right, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 9:37 PM

He’s correct. He should tell them to fuck off next.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 9:39 PM

Daddy, isn’t Mommy pregnant again?

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 9:39 PM

He is correct! Humans are the most invasive species and we are destroying the Earth. That is the inconvenient truth that religion tries to conceal.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 9:42 PM

You can't speak honestly about this subject without being shouted down as RACIST! But that won't change the fact that overpopulation is a dire problem for humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 9:44 PM

R3, white Republicans are ravaging democracy, telling outrageous lies and coming after gay rights—and you make an idiotic statement like that?

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]Blacks don't like to hear the truth.

That's why they are ignoring subpoenas and not want to hear evidence about what happened on Jan 6th.

Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 9:53 PM

What a eugenics preaching moron.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2021 9:53 PM

Fuck him. Like we need more his bloodline. Look to your own house first asshole.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 9:55 PM

He was referring to Meghan, OP...

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 9:55 PM

Harry said the exact same thing a few years ago in a conversation about African conservation with Jane Goodall, noting that he and Meghan would only be having two children. At the time it was interpreted as a swipe at his brother who has three. Too lazy to look for a link.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 10:02 PM

Have any legitimate journalists made such claims, OP? No. Just Meghan's mouthpieces. When will Meghan and Harry learn that they're over? Trying to manufacture animus against the royal family will not increase their popularity. From a strategic standpoint, they need to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 10:03 PM

Someone has to pick up Philip's gauntlet.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] Omid Scobie made this claim on Twitter.

Oh dear, not that obnoxious twit again ...

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 11:06 PM

yeah - like Bill Gates has been accused of genocide for encouraging Africans to stop having millions of children they can't afford to feed and let starve to death.

All my life I've heard about the starving kids in Africa and all my life I've been waiting for them to come to terms with the concept of "birth control". They think having 20 kids you let starve to death is a sign of virility for a man whereas it is of course a sign of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote]All my life I've heard about the starving kids in Africa and all my life I've been waiting for them to come to terms with the concept of "birth control". They think having 20 kids you let starve to death is a sign of virility for a man whereas it is of course a sign of stupidity.

Blacks in America do the same thing. But here the taxpayers get to fund the 20 bastards and babymamas via welfare.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 11:22 PM

When I finally stop laughing at your subject line OP, I’ll read your post.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2021 11:24 PM

A thousand babies born in Africa bring tenfold more value to this planet than this ridiculous joke of a "prince" and the bullshit he pulls out of his ass. Does he think he's something so special that he gets to dictate who deserves life and not?

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2021 11:27 PM

Save Black Babies!

Nuke The Wales!

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2021 11:36 PM

Time to start sending out the African Baby Catalog again.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2021 11:49 PM

The filth who post these statements here. You have no idea how pathetic you sound. I want you to go and tell the white Catholic population of the world the same thing. Maybe birth control should be promoted in Africa, but Prince William is NOT the man who should be discussing this with anyone. He’s a useless eater. He can afford to spermpoison that skinny bitch he’s married to because he’s doing it on the UK’s dime. He should stop talking. Sick of this homely freak.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2021 11:54 PM

R24 needs her pussy to be scrubbed.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 11:59 PM

People like William and Harry care more about wildlife as an aristocratic pursuit than they do about the actual humans they share the planet with. Diana said a lot of stupid shit but she always put human beings first in her charitable works.

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 12:03 AM

Elitist Prince..... all these stuffy royals are so brain dead, they are all fluff and sparkle and no substance.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]William ought to have known better. Although he is right. They do breed like animals.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 12:08 AM

Oh, shut up, Meghan at R24.

Just because you're too old to have another one after the last one turned out "special," you don't have to be so hateful.

And really, really fat and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 12:10 AM

So now you're calling the complex and diverse multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, multi-national people of Africa "blacks," R3, you humorless MAGA shit?

How surprising.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 12:14 AM

Quick, invent a story about Duchess Meghan and Harry adopting a black baby or something!

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2021 12:15 AM

r30 *unclench*

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2021 12:16 AM

Ahhhh, genetics; Will got mom's looks and dad's brain. :(

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2021 12:16 AM

R32, eat shit and try to understand that, for some, polysyllabic words do not require clenching.

Now eat some more shit, racist.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2021 12:18 AM

He should have added that China and India could do with some birth control, too. South America isn't doing much better.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2021 12:19 AM

I once got invited by a colleague to a christening of twin babies from Congolese refugee parents in France. I got pressured into going, christenings and churches not being my thing. The Congolese preacher christened the babies - a girl and a boy - announcing that the boy "would go to university and become very rich" and the girl "would have 20 children and show how fertile she is and how virile her husband is". For fuck's sake.

I no longer feel sorry for Africans. I remember being so sympathetic back in the We Are the World and LiveAid days. They do it to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2021 12:20 AM

R3's W&W:

[quote]All my life I've heard about the starving kids in Africa and all my life I've been waiting for them to come to terms with the concept of "birth control". They think having 20 kids you let starve to death is a sign of virility for a man whereas it is of course a sign of stupidity.

Blacks in America do the same thing. But here the taxpayers get to fund the 20 bastards and babymamas via welfare

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Scooby doo shit head has spoken.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2021 12:22 AM

R35 has evidently never heard of the Chinese one-child policy. South America could do with birth control and the Catholic Church is 100% at fault there. In Africa, it's cultural - across all the cultures.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2021 12:23 AM

Birth control

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2021 12:24 AM

R35 Learn to read and you would have seen that he also said “as it does the world over”.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2021 12:25 AM

Wills was referring to Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 12:27 AM

Africa is home to the world's greatest animals species. Just as other continents have to guard and preserve their animals and natural resources, there is nothing wrong with collectively reminding residents and tourists alike that animals have a right their habitat so that they can live and thrive and continue as a species.

That's what Wills meant even if he didn't say or it wasn't interpreted as artfully as intended. We know he was coming from a point of view of animal preservation, and he didn't mean to insult. Africans should know this, just as previously stated, we all have a responsibility to preserve animal life and resources on our respective continents. Wills did nothing wrong. Extinction is forever.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2021 12:35 AM

R41, except it's not a problem the world over. Most first world countries have declining populations. So, in fact, we should call out the countries and continents that are actual problems, namely, Africa, China, India, Indonesia, and South America. But, thanks for playing.

R39 has evidently never heard that the one-child policy in China was modified to two starting in the 1980s and is now no longer in effect at all. But, thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2021 12:35 AM

Yet again, a member of the royal family thinks they have the right and the qualifications to speak on a massively complex subject. He is definitely his father’s son.

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2021 12:51 AM

R44 Again, learn to read, and you’ll see that he didn’t just call out Africa, which was my point.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2021 12:52 AM

He's right. That isnt going to do him any good unfortunately, stating the obvious is increasingly becoming a courageous act these days

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2021 12:57 AM

He said overpopulation is a problem everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 12:59 AM

He’s right but overpopulation is an issue not reserved for just Africa.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2021 1:03 AM

Almost all countries in Western Europe pay for African students to come and study at universities in the hopes they will return to their countries and help advance their communities. Nah, they mostly want to stay in Europe, marrying white women and getting well-paid jobs and forget all about their originally stated intention of wanting to study abroad (all paid for by the countries which gave them visas and stipends) to go back home with needed skills.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2021 1:03 AM

I think he should concentrate instead on all the Westerners who go trophy hunting - sick pricks that they are.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2021 1:03 AM

R51 it's the local hustlers who get paid to let those trophy hunters kill off their wildlife. Inevitably there is some village chief making Big Bucks off the kills.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2021 1:05 AM

Overpopulation creates problems everywhere but there are only certain places that are still contributing to the overpopulation and they should be named and shamed, not protected in the name of politically correct bullshit.

R46, again, learn to read because overpopulation is not a problem the world over. He pussyfooted and should have been clearer as to exactly which populations and countries and religions and cultures are contributing nothing but too many people to the world. We should fix all men and only reverse it when they prove they can actually contribute to the raising of their children.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2021 1:07 AM

R24. And which high birth rate white Catholic countries should he be criticising ?

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2021 1:09 AM

R54, R24 is just a reactionary idiot who doesn't actually know what he's talking about so I wouldn't expect an answer.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Overpopulation is destroying the planet. R44 evidently doesn't have access to Wikipedia..

"The one-child policy (Chinese: 一孩政策) was a population planning initiative in China implemented between 1980 and 2015 to curb the country's growth by restricting many families to a single child. It had wide-ranging social, cultural, and economic effects. Its efficacy in reducing birth rates and defensibility from a human rights perspective have been subjects of controversy.

China's family planning policies began to be shaped by fears of overpopulation in the 1970s, and officials raised the age of marriage and called for fewer and more broadly spaced births. A one-child limit was imposed in 1980 by a group of politicians including Deng Xiaoping, Chen Yun, and Li Xiannian. The policy was modified beginning in the mid-1980s to allow rural parents a second child if the first was a daughter. It also allowed exceptions for some other groups, including ethnic minorities. In 2015, the government replaced the policy with a two-child limit, and in 2021, the limit was removed."

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2021 1:13 AM

R56, as I clearly stated, the overpopulation problem affects the whole world but it is not being CREATED by the whole world as the educated, first world countries where women aren't treated like brood mares have declining populations. Now, here comes the logic bomb...that means the countries with exponential fucking population growth need to be accountable for the destruction they are bringing to the whole world. Those countries and continents are Africa, India, China, Indonesia, and South America and they should be called out for it. Hell, they should be sanctioned and punished for it.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2021 1:19 AM

I wonder if COVID isn't in fact Mother Nature trying to do something about over-population.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2021 1:25 AM

Could you please tell us what the birth rates of China, Indiia, and Indonesia are?

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2021 1:25 AM

This from a guy who is in line to be King of an extremely densely populated little country. 20% of the population of the US in a country about the same size as Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2021 1:28 AM

R59 - R57 would have trouble identifying Indonesia on a map, let alone an understanding of the issues with its birth rate.

by Anonymousreply 61November 27, 2021 1:30 AM

He is right and shouldn't apologize for telling the absolute truth

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2021 1:33 AM

R29 is such trash. AIDS in human form. As are the rest of the filth posting here.

by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote] You can't speak honestly about this subject without being shouted down as RACIST! But that won't change the fact that overpopulation is a dire problem for humanity.

Explain the comments below:

[quote] Blacks in America do the same thing. But here the taxpayers get to fund the 20 bastards and babymamas via welfare.'

[quote] Blacks don't like to hear the truth.

The truth is that you and your cohorts are white supremacists idiots. The same idiots claim Biden did not win the election and Trump is really president.

by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2021 1:39 AM

Once again, for the uninformed such as R53 - William didn’t single out Africa. Omid Scobie said that he did.

If you’re quoting Scobie then you really have a tenuous grasp on the truth.

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2021 1:40 AM

R60. Yes. Why isn’t William working to get the UK birth rate below the replacement rate ?

by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2021 1:43 AM

R59 you don't know how to Google? birth rates per woman (2019 figures):

Congo 5.82 Nigeria 5.32 Ethiopia 4.15 Pakistan 3.45 Kenya 3.42 Egypt 3.28 South Africa 2.38 Indonesia 2.29 India 2.20 Mexico 2.10 France 1.87 Colombia 1.79 Brazil 1.72 China 1.70 USA 1.70 Ireland 1.70 UK 1.65 Germany 1.54 Italy 1.27 Spain 1.24

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2021 1:48 AM

I never liked this fool. He's getting the face and hairline that he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2021 1:49 AM

R66 because it already is - see above - Africa and Pakistan are the biggest culprits.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2021 1:50 AM

R44. China has a rising population because of demographic momentum. It’s fertility rate is well below the replacement rate and will over time cause the population to decline.

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2021 1:52 AM

He is absolutely right. Exponential population growth is by far the biggest threat to this earth. It is time to have this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2021 1:53 AM

Did everyone posting here study demographics in the 1950s? The posts about out of control fertility among white catholics, African Americans, China, India, etc. Are a bit hard to fathom.

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote] He is absolutely right.

He may be right, but perhaps he should've taken his own advice and spawned three crotchfruit himself. That's certainly more than most members of his generation and not exactly leading by example.

by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2021 1:56 AM

*and NOT spawned^

by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2021 1:56 AM

We need a plague and then governments need a global cap on population.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote]Blacks in America do the same thing.

Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2021 2:01 AM

R75 we've got a plague.

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2021 2:03 AM

Has the Clinton Foundation solved the dysentery problem in Africa yet? It was Chelsea's pet project.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote] Blacks in America do the same thing.

Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote]A thousand babies born in Africa bring tenfold more value to this planet than this ridiculous joke of a "prince" and the bullshit he pulls out of his ass.

No, not really.

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] I want you to go and tell the white Catholic population of the world the same thing.

White Catholics got on the birth control train generations ago, dear.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2021 2:20 AM

Nigeria alone has 206 million people. Think about that for a moment. 206 fucking million people!

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote]Yet again, a member of the royal family thinks they have the right and the qualifications to speak on a massively complex subject.

It's really not complex at all. It's quite simple, really.

by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2021 2:25 AM

r64 is a shit stirrer. But overpopulation will continue unabated and will affect him just like it will everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2021 2:29 AM

There would be more members of quite a number of wild species alive in Africa today if William had only refrained from shooting them for sport.

by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2021 2:43 AM

William gets uglier every day.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2021 2:57 AM

What does his physical appearance have to do with the topic of this thread, R86?

Is that all that you have to contribute? Maybe best to just sit quietly and not make yourself look any more stupid than you obviously are.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2021 3:01 AM

Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2021 3:08 AM

He’s an idiot and should have kept his mouth shut. Africans might be fucking too much, but they have a minute environmental impact compared to the gas guzzling, resource-hoarding nations like the US and UK. It’s obscene to put the blame for the mess we’re in on their birthrates.

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2021 3:12 AM

R69 African countries make up the top 25 countries with the highest birth rate. Since you are obviously to lazy to look up the complete list and foolishly think R66’s list is complete, Pakistan is at number 54. They’ve actually promoted birth control and family planning and have seen their birth rate fall significantly in the past forty years, though they have a long way to go before they catch up to neighbors India and Bangladesh. Iran also has had an aggressive birth control campaign with successful results. Samoa and Vanuatu have higher rates than Pakistan, as do Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, and Tonga. Israel is only a few steps ahead of Pakistan with a slightly lower birth rate. And what I find promising is that several Muslim countries have below replacement birth rates, including Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey, Bangladesh, Maldives, Brunei, Qatar and UAE. Just the facts, ma’am.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2021 3:14 AM

"Hi" from the Bonell family and their 15 Kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2021 3:19 AM

r87, William isn't going to fuck you no matter how triggered you get by people pointing out his clearly dwindling attractiveness.

r42 the thread heard you the first time you said and it's still not funny of witty.

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2021 3:22 AM

*funny or witty.

by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2021 3:22 AM

Harry did it first. It’s why they’re only having two children. LOL.

Anyway, it’s the Irish who have the reputation for overpopulation, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote]Diana said a lot of stupid shit but she always put human beings first in her charitable works.

As she did the wives of the married men she repeatedly fucked, including the wife of Oliver Hoare whose household she repeatedly phoned from Kensington Palace and hung up once his wife answered. By repeatedly, it was hundreds of times as the Hostess reported to Metropolitan Police. The source of the calls? Kensington Palace and a certain HRH's rooms.

Oh, and Will Carling, captain of England's rugby team whose wife was somehow, somehow persuaded not to name Diana as the adulteress in the civil divorce action against England's latest hero and "victim." Ijeet.

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2021 3:35 AM

The straight up racist comments with 30+ WWs in this thread aren't suspicious at all. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2021 3:42 AM

Population of Africa in 1980 = 500 million Population of Africa in 2010 = 1 billion

Doubling the population in 30 years

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2021 3:43 AM

Institute forced sterilization now!

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2021 3:47 AM

Those darkies always ruin it for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2021 3:49 AM

My niece worked for the Peace Corp and was sent to villages in Mozambique to teach about birth control, HIV, etc. She gave out condoms and they just laughed at her.

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] Those darkies always ruin it for everybody.

Hush, Mamie !!!

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2021 4:03 AM

[quote]It’s obscene to put the blame for the mess we’re in on their birthrates.

You don't think the fact that the African population has doubled in size in just 30 years has nothing to do with it? And First World nations are taking proactive steps to reduce pollution. Pollution rates have actually fallen from what they were 30-50 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2021 4:03 AM

R86 Meghan, Harry's the ugly brother.

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2021 4:05 AM

I ain't no climatechangeologist but I can't imagine those many African children have very big carbon footprints, R102.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2021 4:07 AM

r104 it's still a huge problem because of resources and encroaching on the ecosystem. Also, they do have carbon footprints. You do know Africa has cities and towns and cars and factories, and they're not living in huts in the jungle, right?

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2021 4:13 AM

r104 thinks Africa looks like a fucking Tarzan movie. Far from it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2021 4:14 AM

R104 when there's a billion of them, they do.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2021 4:15 AM

Kenya

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2021 4:15 AM

Average Rwandan carbon dioxide emissions per person: 0.09 tonnes/year

Average British carbon dioxide emissions per person: 8.3 tonnes/year

And yes, the more developed African countries will have bigger carbon footprints (still not as big at the UK, US etc., though). I'm not posting because I think Prince William is a racist. I don't. Nor do I think Africans are magically more morally pure and that this is the reason for their smaller carbon footprints. They're smaller because Africa is generally less developed. 1 average African child has a much smaller carbon footprint than 1 average British child. The Rwandans could have 80 kids apiece and still have smaller footprints than the Brits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2021 4:36 AM

Kenya pop in 1980 = 16 million

Kenya pop in 2010 = 42 million

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2021 4:38 AM

[quote]Have any legitimate journalists made such claims, OP? No. Just Meghan's mouthpieces.

CNN is "Meghan's mouthpiece"?

It's fucking INSANITY around here, half the people on this thread are genuinely psychopathic and/or delusional to the point of needing medical intervention.

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2021 4:42 AM

I dont get the outrage. What he said is true of any place on this planet. Wolves have been driven to extinction in California for instance. Stop making it about Africans having kids per se.

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2021 4:44 AM

That bald MFer needs to STFU. He ain't pretty no more.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2021 4:45 AM

Present Kenya population in 2020 is 53 million.

Wouldn’t Kenya be more resilient and better off without such a steep and rapid population increase? How much additional resources would be available to each Kenyan family, for, say, education, health care, food, fresh water, without the stress caused by rapid population growth?

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2021 4:45 AM

He didn't say it about California, fuckwit r112. He said it about Africa, conveniently forgetting that Europeans and Americans are FAR more guilty about encroaching on wildlife and harming endangered species than ANY African country.

[quote]He told the audience in London: "The increasing pressure on Africa's wildlife and wild spaces as a result of human population presents a huge challenge for conservationists, as it does the world over."

He singled out Africa and then tacked on "the world" as an afterthought.

He would never single out America or the UK or even California, and you all fucking know why.

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2021 4:48 AM

Some meathead from London lecturing people about encroaching on wildlife

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2021 4:53 AM

[quote]Europeans and Americans are FAR more guilty about encroaching on wildlife and harming endangered species than ANY African country.

There have been massive wildlife protection initiatives in the West.

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2021 4:54 AM

Populations in developed countries are declining. Populations in developing countries are exploding. By the end of this century, the Middle East and Africa will be overwhelmed if something isn't done.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]He would never single out America or the UK or even California, and you all fucking know why.

Absolutely! Because the countries with the highest fertility rates are ALL IN AFRICA.

"Carbon emissions" and "climate change" are a deflection from the reality that the only thing that will save this planet is POPULATION CONTROL. A "carbon footprint" is not the cause of desertification and deforestation. Or increasingly scarce arable land. Or overcropping. Or the extinction of animal species due to humanity encrouching on habitats and consuming "bush meat" because there is nothing else available. Or water quality/scarcity, due to overdemand and human pollution. Or migration/invasion, due to scarce to non-existent self-sustaining resources. Or on-going strife and skirmishes, because there is not enough land/water/jobs and far too many people.

As international agencies who should know better (and some of the post on this board) have illustrated, shrieking 'racism' is vastly preferred to demanding that Africans contribute to saving this planet from destruction. Unfortunately, treating Africans like defective children who must be coddled and protected will only hasten the planet's demise.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2021 5:03 AM

The US has a population of 333 million. Nigeria has a population of 206 million. It is 11 times smaller than the US. If the US population matched Nigeria's, it would be 3 billion, 636 million people. This is what William is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2021 5:03 AM

Many would say that the US, with 333 million people, is quite overpopulated. Imagine if we had the population numbers of the third world. It would be anarchy. It would make the Civil War look like a fucking schoolyard fight.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2021 5:05 AM

Overpopulation breeds nothing but misery and battling over resources.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2021 5:06 AM

He's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2021 5:06 AM

Not a single person saying "he's not wrong" has even bothered to look up actual statistics on wildlife, they're just making assumptions like Prince Baldy did.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2021 5:22 AM

r124 overpopulation in Africa is wreaking havoc with wildlife and the ecosystem. You cannot ignore the ever-increasing population numbers. Stop playing everything the West does = bad and everything the rest of the world does = let's not pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2021 5:26 AM

William needs to learn that facts no longer matter. They only whip up social media frenzies.....

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Oh, looky here to see what Harry said preceding William by quite some time, espousing his very own racist Africa views that avid royal follower Scobie seemed to not know, evade, or glossed over brazenly.

Nazi-costuming Harry who called two fellow soldiers of color in his regiment Paki and Raghead on video long before he left the family's bosom was image rehabbed as decidedly not racist by his now rejected family's PR. Instead of gratitude for not being viewed by the nation as a grubby bigot, he needed to take a dump on those who shielded the public from his intrinsic ugliness.

Now, he's just some neutered, damaged guy walking around Montecito borderline drunk babbling woke catch phrases hoping for the best -- meaning that his wife won't tear him a new one or the misinformed, damaged, compulsive skin-whitening, issue laden Egyptian Scobie won't fuck up YET AGAIN.

ust because he'd be excused as he is here by the blind who follow the damned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Nigeria’s population explosion can not be sustained with it’s limited resources and everyone just shrugs.

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2021 5:30 AM

Nobody cares about Harry, take it to one of your stupid Meghan threads, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote]William needs to learn that facts no longer matter.

William needs to learn to point his accusatory finger at the right people, instead of doing some weak-ass 70s-era "blame Africa for everything" stunt. People like him have been whining about Africa for generations and nothing of substance has actually been done in ANY area anywhere in the world where there's danger to wildlife.

Earlier this year we were inundated with sympathetic press pieces about Kate "bravely" having a third child after being warned not to. He's part of a family of people given immense wealth, power and privilege simply because they were born into it. In his own country, people are hungry and homeless while Tories rob the country blind and newspapers print propaganda every single day about so-called welfare leeches.

Is he really the right person to even be talking about this? Especially when he's spouting talking points that were outdated by the time he was born?

I don't know why so many delicate fucking flowers are on DL these days but if you can't handle hearing Prince William being called out for saying something stupid, there's no hope for you.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2021 5:38 AM

Stay pressed, r124/LSA Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2021 5:38 AM

Of course this thread is infested with LSA losers.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2021 5:39 AM

It says so much that the only argument that so many of you airheads have is based on the attractiveness or otherwise of the Duke of Cambridge.

It’s almost as though you want to sound like a bunch of vapid West Hollywood or Chelsea queens. Which you are.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2021 5:39 AM

I am sure this is the end of Prince William's career. He will never bounce back from this ever.

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2021 5:40 AM

^^^^ LSA loser.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2021 5:40 AM

r135 was for r133.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2021 5:41 AM

You crazy Meghan haters need help. One of you was on a thread the other day accusing literally everyone else of being from about a half-dozen other forums. They just randomly accused some guy of being someone named Sofie, I think, from Twitter, along with some other names from LSA and DM comments. It's insane, and it's just because you're a bunch of insecure old ladies who can't actually engage with what's been said on a thread, all you can do is pretend there's some massive conspiracy that's out to get you.

by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote]What does his physical appearance have to do with the topic of this thread, R86?

The only reason you keep bringing this kind of thing up is because you got caught lying again earlier on, when you said "William didn’t single out Africa. Omid Scobie said that he did."

You also said that only "Meghan mouthpiece" news outlets said he singled out Africa.

He absolutely singled out Africa, I quoted it from CNN earlier in the thread, and now you guys are sulking about it.

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2021 5:45 AM

Prince William has said this same stuff before. From a 2017 speech specifically for an African wildlife charity:

[quote]“In my lifetime we have seen global wildlife populations decline by over half. Africa’s rapidly growing human population is predicted to more than double by 2050—a staggering increase of three and a half million people per month. There is no question that this increase puts wildlife and habitat under enormous pressure"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2021 5:48 AM

Overpopulation is a direct cause of poorer countries staying poor. It creates a dependent population (the elderly and the very young) which has to be supported by the much smaller working population. It's similar to a people having a bunch of children before they can support them. Though obviously more complicated

As a lobbyist in this field in the 1980s the statistics were very clear: WHO reported there were 200 million women in the developing world who did not want their last child and did not want another child and had no access to birth control. Women very much wanted to have control over their reproductive health and needed assistance getting that help.

Wealthy countries can handle a dependent population in ways that poor countries cannot. Some African nations do need to be singled out - they are often the ones that make it harder for women to use birth control and/or have abortions. When I was lobbying on this issue I wanted to revolutionize women in the Third World to refuse to have sex with their men until they respected women's reproductive rights. My boss called me a communist. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2021 5:49 AM

r130 what he said is true, it's not stupid. Everybody has a right to criticize rampant overpopulation and the chaos it causes. We all have to live on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2021 5:50 AM

He's been criticized about this before. From 2018:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2021 5:51 AM

Please leave Harry and Meghan out of this, they aren't the topic of this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2021 5:51 AM

William says Africans should have fewer children, but the UK has cut funding given to Africa for family planning:

[quote]“The Prince rightly draws attention to human population growth as a key driver of wildlife loss,” Robin Maynard, director of the charity Population Matters, told Euronews.com. “There is also a wider context, with high consumption in rich, developed countries like the UK also driving habitat destruction, climate change and pollution — all drivers of extinctions. Addressing our consumption here is essential, too.”

[quote]Maynard agreed that couples in developed countries can choose smaller families to help reduce over-consumption of natural resources, but he said that’s not a choice available to “hundreds of millions of women” elsewhere around the world.

[quote]That’s particularly true in sub-Sahara Africa, he said, while noting that the U.K. government had cut funding for international aid for family planning.

[quote]“The number of women with an unmet need for safe, modern contraception across sub-Saharan Africa is rising,” Maynard said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144November 27, 2021 5:53 AM

Scooby is the tool of Meghan and Harry.

They most certainly belong in this discussion since this latest is coming from their mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 145November 27, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote]while noting that the U.K. government had cut funding for international aid for family planning.

There'd be plenty of money for family planning if the despots ruling African countries would stop treating their national treasuries like personal bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 146November 27, 2021 6:00 AM

Harry said the very same identical stuff about African over population (linked above) and had multiple racist incidents.

One got a military inquiry. He was caught mimicking and taunting a fellow soldier while he was unable to defend himself. "Ooh, our little Paki friend," commenting about a sleeping fellow soldier as he illegally videotaped him, but got off without criticism because his family. He's stupid, and has a WOC woke mate pulling his marrionnette strings behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2021 6:05 AM

[quote]It’s almost as though you want to sound like a bunch of vapid West Hollywood or Chelsea queens. Which you are.

I don't understand why Mediapolis allows the homophobic Meghan Markle troll group to headquarter here. None of these people pay to post. Beyond the homophobia, they're Q-Anon adjacent and paranoid to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2021 6:09 AM

Harry and Meghan have become quite overt in their attacks on the royal family. It seems they are now issuing quite regular criticisms of various things they say and do. Poor stupid Harry. His long term financial survival depends on the forgiveness and generosity of this family. Of course he’s probably made reconciliation such a remote possibility at this that blasting away doesn’t do much incremental harm.

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2021 8:26 AM

R127. Persecution of elephants….elephant can’t roam freely like they used to.

Harry was simply too bright for the role of the spare.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2021 9:30 AM

The UK government's funding decisions are nothing to do with the royal family, r144.

by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2021 9:35 AM

Why does William hate black people so much?

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2021 9:39 AM

R73 / R74, in all fairness, I think Louis's existence is what in German is called a "Betriebsunfall" (accident at work). I guess they were really done with babymaking after having Charlotte and then - oops.

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2021 10:07 AM

R152 why are you such a moron?

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2021 10:07 AM

[quote] Some meathead from London lecturing people about encroaching on wildlife.

“Wasn’t me! I sold me guns what me grandad give me!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 27, 2021 10:32 AM

I'm glad that Prince Charles won't be on the throne for long, if ever, since he's such a meddler who thinks he should be active in influencing politics. Seeing how William talks his reign is going to dire as well. I'm not even judging the merit of their opinions but it's in their own self interest to keep quiet but they are too egotistical be quiet. I also want to note that Prince William did badly in school then went to St Andrews where he couldn't even finish his art history degree and had to switch to geography. If he had actually been decently educated at St Andrews I'd be more willing to hear his opinions but like the rest of his family he isn't well educated or even sharp.

by Anonymousreply 156November 27, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote] A thousand babies born in Africa bring tenfold more value to this planet

How do you measure that, R21?

by Anonymousreply 157November 27, 2021 10:39 AM

Idiot @ R156, no idea where you have the tidbit concerning William's doing at Eton from ... probably right out of your fat ass. Plus, he was decently educated at St Andrews. In fact, given that he'll be king one day, a degree in geography will be of much more use to him than a degree in art history would and could've ever been. Plus, his later wife encouraged him to switch to geography since she got aware of him not being really happy with the art history choice he had made.

What's your educational level? And before you reply -- sorry for breaking this to you, but taking cooking classes at Fat Ass Academy is not what is commonly referred to as proper education.

by Anonymousreply 158November 27, 2021 10:51 AM

And let me guess, the TRASH on here agreeing with him is the TRASH blaming Meghan for every ill in the world.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2021 10:54 AM

This chart is interesting and bears out what he said

R90 is right. African countries make up the top 25 countries with the highest birth rate - Africa and the Middle East are where the problems are, plus a couple of other outliers around the world, such as French Guiana and Papua New Guinea. Most countries in South America are now at or below replacement rates bar Bolivia and French Guiana. Brazil is well below replacement at 1.69 and Argentina is barely above at 2.25. India is at 2.26 and Indonesia at 2.26 both marginally above replacement rates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2021 10:58 AM

They have three kids. That's not too bad, but maybe he and Kate should follow his own advice...or one get a small operation to prevent any more pregancies...which is reversable, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2021 11:15 AM

I told you about him...

by Anonymousreply 162November 27, 2021 11:36 AM

[quote]African countries make up the top 25 countries with the highest birth rate

That doesn't mean they're the countries where wildlife is most endangered due to human expansion. I don't understand what you don't get about this.

NONE of the countries ranked worst for wildlife preservation are African countries, and in fact organizations praise African countries who preserve wildlife because they get their tourist money from wildlife tours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 27, 2021 11:42 AM

Seriously...what moron writes these speeches? As a writer, I would have said "wildlife is threatened by overpopulation the world over, on every continent...hence, preservation efforts are important. The beautiful wildlife in Africa must be protected and humans and animals should find a way to co-exist...blah blah blah".

by Anonymousreply 164November 27, 2021 11:42 AM

There are a lot of Middle Eastern countries, along with Russia and China, who are abysmal at protecting wildlife, but we're not hearing a Prince say that China needs to stop having babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 27, 2021 11:44 AM

[bold] UK has 'led the world' in destroying the natural environment [/bold]

Centuries of farming, building and industry have made the UK one of the most nature-depleted countries in Europe.

Extensive agricultural lands and road networks, in combination with other factors, have reduced the wildlife in the UK to a point hardly seen elsewhere.

While the UK has made some gains, natural landscapes have been so heavily degraded over decades and centuries that we are simply not doing enough to turn back the tide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 27, 2021 11:45 AM

The center of the illegal wildlife trade is in more Asian countries than it is in African countries:

[quote]Kenya sits at the center of the elephant trade network while China is the center of the rhinoceros and tiger trade networks. Thailand, Vietnam, India and South Africa also play key roles in the trade network. Both the United States and the United Kingdom also made the list, though they ranked near the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 27, 2021 11:47 AM

Only ONE of the 10 countries with the most endangered species is an African country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 27, 2021 11:49 AM

Environmental destruction linked to African population raises questions about family sizes

Africa is projected to be home to nearly 3 billion people by 2100, but rapid population growth will cause widespread environmental degradation unless effective family planning becomes widespread policy, according to new research that tracked increased population pressures on the continent's ecosystems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 27, 2021 11:51 AM

Population explosion fuelling rapid reduction of wildlife on African savannah, study shows

‘Urgent need to rethink how we manage the boundaries of protected areas’, says international team of scientists

by Anonymousreply 170November 27, 2021 11:54 AM

Well, he belongs to a group called Tusk that is focused entirely on Africa, r164, so every year or so he gives speeches about how Africa is ruining the world and he and his fellow Tusk members need to work harder to save the environment. His speeches are written with that in mind.

The fact is, though, that every year since 2017, people have called him out for these speeches. A quick Googling shows (as the links above prove) that Africa is actually not the center of environmental collapse at all, and that there are a lot of other countries outside of Africa that need a LOT of environmental help. Maybe it's time he stopped coasting on the old ideas about Africa and listened to what people are saying, and started joining other organizations that care about the environment and wildlife in other countries.

by Anonymousreply 171November 27, 2021 11:54 AM

10 FACTS ABOUT OVERPOPULATION IN AFRICA

By 2050 Africa’s population is predicted to double. With so many countries having such a high birth rate, the populations of African countries are rising very quickly. Africa’s current population of more than 1.1 billion is expected to exceed 2 billion in the next 30 years. The population is growing at a rate faster than any other continent.

By 2100, five of the top 10 most populous countries will be in Africa. Currently, Nigeria is the only country in Africa with a population in the top 10. Its population is expected to grow by another 527 million people by that time. With African countries growing at such fast rates, it is estimated that by 2100 the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Egypt will join Nigeria in the top 10.

Africa holds 27 out of 30 of the countries with the highest birth rates. An overwhelming majority of the countries with the highest birth rates reside in Africa. Niger, Angola and Mali all have an average of around six births per woman. These rates are much higher than in developed nations. To compare, the U.S. has a birth rate of 1.88. Other developing countries such as Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have birth rates around 2.1.

Seventy percent of Africans are under 30 years old. The African population is the youngest in the world. As this younger population reaches working age, the demand for jobs will increase. Jobs will need to be developed to satisfy this job market.

Africa is urbanizing quickly. Around 80 percent of Africa’s massive population growth will occur in cities. This is in addition to the massive rush to urbanization that has already occurred in Africa. While Africa may not be lacking land, its population is crowded into cities. In 2010, 90 percent of the continent’s population was living on only 21 percent of the land.

(See More in Link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 27, 2021 11:57 AM

Effects of Human Overpopulation

Human overpopulation is among the most pressing environmental issues, silently aggravating the forces behind global warming, environmental pollution, habitat loss, the sixth mass extinction, intensive farming practices and the consumption of finite natural resources, such as fresh water, arable land and fossil fuels, at speeds faster than their rate of regeneration. However, ecological issues are just the beginning...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 27, 2021 12:06 PM

R39, China dropped its one-child policy years ago.

by Anonymousreply 174November 27, 2021 1:03 PM

R174 China has been reproducing at below replacement rate since 1993, its now at 1.64, as per my link at R160.

They dont need the one child policy any more

by Anonymousreply 175November 27, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]China has been reproducing at below replacement rate since 1993

It's weird that you insist that birth rate is related directly to wildlife reduction and environmental harm, r175, when China are one of the worst offenders with regard to wildlife and the environment. Honestly it sounds like you just said what you did to defend Prince William as part of your bizarre anti-Meghan-and-Harry posting history.

It's frustrating that the truth doesn't mean anything on DL anymore, because everyone here is a troll with an agenda these days.

by Anonymousreply 176November 27, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]bizarre anti-Meghan-and-Harry posting history.

Show us.

You cant because there isnt any, I have no interest in either of them, apart from Harry's potential country and western singing career :-)

by Anonymousreply 177November 27, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote] There'd be plenty of money for family planning if the despots ruling African countries would stop treating their national treasuries like personal bank accounts.

Precisely. Which is why when I lobbied on this issue we fought for Cingress and the administration to give multi-lateral aid (to NGOs that had programs in countries) rather than bi-lateral aid (funding directly from one country to another country).

Countries like the US prefer bi-lateral aid because they openly get the credit and can use it to manipulate countries' politics and other policies in business, etc. Sometimes that's good. For instance, we'll give you this money but you have to start education your girls and opening schools and professions to them. Other times it's debatable, e.g., we'll give you this money to help build your infrastructure but you need to redirect road projects from roads to help farmers get their product to the cities to sell and instead you need to build roads to this new plant being built by General Motors. it's complicated but actually this area of international politics is fascinating. It can be both positive and negative at the same time.

BUT multi-lateral aid prevents a lot of the corruption and bi-lateral aid fuels it. When NGO workers suffer harassment or physical danger I always have to ask why and who is this really coming from.

People can fuck all they want but the countries need to get their women the reproductive health care they need and modernize their cultures so women are free to use birth control (some birth control involves factors such as privacy, fresh water, no taboo about touching yourself, et al) and their men need to be encouraged to respect the choices of women. Culture can be a real hurdle. Cultural hurdles are why Depo-Provera became popular - one shot that lasts for months was like a godsend. Women were willing to walk days to visit health care camps to receive their injection.

by Anonymousreply 178November 27, 2021 3:42 PM

African's are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 179November 27, 2021 3:58 PM

r178 is speaking from experience. The knee-jerk idiots on this thread should listen instead of doing the usual whataboutism and screaming "racist!"

by Anonymousreply 180November 27, 2021 4:23 PM

r178 I totally agree, re: bi-lateral aid, but NGOs are an unregulated shitshow that are also part of the problem. They're also riddled with Western SOF agents that undermine larger humanitarian missions. How many NGOs have the security apparatus to effectively do their work? Wouldn't they need to rely on the host country anyway, or come in under a larger initiative that includes project security forces? If you have multiple NGOs operating, IMHO that just disperses the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 181November 27, 2021 4:49 PM

r140 - It must have been a frustrating field of work. I recall reading about research that directly links sub Saharan African women's access to birth control to greater economic success and healthier outcomes for their children. (Duh, right?) I also recall reading about a world conference about overpopulation held in the late '80s, in Egypt, I believe. Some resolution, probably non- binding, to help provide birth control access to impoverished women was roundly supported, except for a handful of heavily Islamic countries and the Vatican. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 182November 27, 2021 4:58 PM

Someone needs to introduce Wills to some tooth whitening toothpaste.

by Anonymousreply 183November 27, 2021 5:01 PM

Some of the people that are dragging him over this are also abortion supporters. So I don't understand their issue with what he said.

by Anonymousreply 184November 27, 2021 5:03 PM

Africans' out of control population growth = children starving to death, children having no access to education, wars breaking out over land and resources. Death, destruction and a never-ending cycle of misery. The developed world has been sending fortunes to bail out Africa for generations and that money ends up in the offshore bank accounts of dictators.

And the ladies at Lipstick Alley trolling here will need to add Leonardo DiCaprio to their list of racists: see his documentary Virunga.

by Anonymousreply 185November 27, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]The developed world has been sending fortunes to bail out Africa for generations and that money ends up in the offshore bank accounts of dictators.

This needs to stop. Cut off the money-train and let them solve their own problems.

by Anonymousreply 186November 27, 2021 5:27 PM

Christ, Harry said pretty much the same thing. It's one of those things that everyone knows: Africa is going to add 3 billion of the 7 billion people projected to be added to the earth's population by 2300. They can't feed themselves now, the Sahel is drying out thanks to climate change, and the West isn't going to welcome them all in with open arms. Omid Scobie isn't biracial, he's multiethnic, which isn't the same thing. His mother is Iranian, and the Persians are part of the Caucasoid DNA group. He's no more biracial than Prince William is. He's Anglo-Persian. He didn't look any more "black" than Imran Khan of Pakistan does, or the Shah of Iran and the love of his life, ex-Queen Soraya, did

He's a fraud from top to bottom - he's not black, he's not biracial, and like the woman pulling his marionette strings, he has no more regard for the truth than, as Loki once put it, the boot down for the ant.

Here ya go, Obie, one of your Mum's compadres. Tell us again that because you're half Persian you're multiracial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187November 27, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] UK has 'led the world' in destroying the natural environment Centuries of farming, building and industry have made the UK one of the most nature-depleted countries in Europe.Extensive agricultural lands and road networks, in combination with other factors, have reduced the wildlife in the UK to a point hardly seen elsewhere.

In the UK, it's rich people that are responsible for this. It's very hard for an average citizen to buy property and develop it. The planning regulations are crazy and most of the land is owned by the aristocracy and super rich people. A large majority of average people don't even own the land that's under their house. They lease the ground from rich people

so william needs to talk to his grandma, his dad and their rich friends who own almost 30% of all the property in England.

by Anonymousreply 188November 27, 2021 6:24 PM

R188 sweetie: home ownership statistics: in the US it is 65% (despite the fact home ownership for African-Americans is only 40%), in the UK it is also 65%, in France it is 57%, in Germany it is 51%.

You need to talk to the US government not the Brits about redlining, etc.

by Anonymousreply 189November 27, 2021 6:52 PM

R189 Not R188 But, there are people in the UK who "own" their homes but not the land underneath it. So it isn't exactly the same. In the US, that appears to mainly only occur with large buildings in major cities.

by Anonymousreply 190November 27, 2021 7:02 PM

The population of Syria has almost quadrupled in my lifetime. No correlation, of course, with the civil war and the refugee crisis...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 27, 2021 7:05 PM

I’m sick to death of these people lecturing us, I don’t care who it is.

Charity begins at home.

by Anonymousreply 192November 27, 2021 7:11 PM

r192 what happens in other countries affects us all. Overpopulation and dwindling resources and environmental destruction anywhere in the world affects us all.

by Anonymousreply 193November 27, 2021 7:33 PM

R193 and illegal African immigration to Western Europe brings it home there.

by Anonymousreply 194November 27, 2021 7:35 PM

R190 70% of leaseholds in the UK are flats. Apartment owners in the US don't own the land the building is on either. Same thing in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, etc.

by Anonymousreply 195November 27, 2021 7:47 PM

R195, most people who live in American apartments only rent them. And we're not talking about America. We were talking about England, until some idiot felt the need to turn it all around to America

So I'll say it once again for the slow crowd, More people would love to buy homes in England, but the shortage of open land available to buy prevents that. Home ownership would be MUCH HIGHER if there was available land to buy. But a large majority of it is owned by the aristocracy & the royals. To prevent hurting people's feelings, I won't go into the myriad reasons home ownership isn't higher in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 28, 2021 2:13 AM

The bird must say SOMETHING? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 197November 28, 2021 2:58 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 198November 28, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote] Apartment owners in the US don't own the land the building is on either.

Of course, they do. My condo association owns the property our building sits on and the exterior areas. Individual unit owners have an ownership interest in the common areas and the exterior land. And we pay for its maintenance and taxes via our condo fees.

In the UK people have leaseholds that are very long term and some are as good as freeholds.

[quote]There are around 4.6 million leasehold homes in England, according to estimates from the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). Long leaseholders buy the right to live in their homes for the term of the lease. Around 68% of these are flats, while 32% are houses.

[quote] Newly-created leases can be anything from 99 or 125 years to 999 years. A 999 year lease is effectively as good as freehold, and there can even be some advantages to owning some properties this way, rather than under freehold

So, I guess the real drawback is being able to pass down property to heirs if for some reason the leasehold can't be extended.

by Anonymousreply 199November 28, 2021 3:35 AM

Much like Republicans in the United States, Africans believe in procreation and the sanctity of life only to have the child die of starvation AFTER it's born.

by Anonymousreply 200November 28, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote]Of course, they do. My condo association owns the property our building sits on and the exterior areas. Individual unit owners have an ownership interest in the common areas and the exterior land. And we pay for its maintenance and taxes via our condo fees.

A condo is not an apartment. Now stop with your foolishness

by Anonymousreply 201November 28, 2021 8:35 AM

[quote] A condo is not an apartment. Now stop with your foolishness

No condos in Africa. But they do have a suicidal need to procreate. When will they stop with this foolishness?

by Anonymousreply 202November 28, 2021 9:06 AM

[quote]Present Kenya population in 2020 is 53 million.

r114 Kenya, almost twice the landmass of Britain, still has fewer people than the 68 million on the British Isles. Weird you mention Kenya because it's one of the few countries on the continent that aggressively protects its wildlife and working to increase protected areas. The average British person has more than 25 times the carbon footprint of the average Kenyan. Nuke England to save the earth. The Kenyans can have as many kids as they like.

by Anonymousreply 203November 28, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote]aggressively protects its wildlife and working to increase protected areas.

And then there's reality R203 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2021 9:34 AM

[quote]But they do have a suicidal need to procreate. When will they stop with this foolishness?

R202 obviously doesn't understand the tribal structure of African societies or how tribalism ensures that Africans will continue to fuck themselves into extinction.

In tribal societies, where the Western concept of "social welfare" is non-existent, children are viewed as commodities to provide financial and social support and protection to parents/family/clan. The more children you have, the better you are able to live, as children are sent out to work for the benefit of their parents. The older male children are burdened not only with their supporting younger siblings, but also their extended families. This is the principle reason invaders to Europe are largely young, adult males.

For the ruling despots, encouraging non-stop fucking ensures that people will be far too busy worrying about where there next meal is coming from to challenge his power/control and usurp the wealth (the national treasury) he derives from it.

by Anonymousreply 205November 28, 2021 9:53 AM

He speaks the Truth

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2021 9:58 AM

R204 Nice stories about game poachers. How about responding to the point about populations and carbon footprints?

by Anonymousreply 207November 28, 2021 10:22 AM

R207 Already mentioned those upthread. See R119 R172 R173

by Anonymousreply 208November 28, 2021 10:44 AM

If you ain't a King, then you can't do that thing

Doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2021 10:50 AM

[quote] So I don't understand their issue with what he said.

They're just taking it as an opportunity to make themselves look better than others. If you were a fly on the wall in many highly liberal people's homes you'd find out rather fast just what hypocrites they are. They talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. Their liberalness is all for show and more often than not only used in public to get themselves ahead in some ways.

by Anonymousreply 210November 28, 2021 11:06 AM

r203 it's the British who did a lot of conservation in Kenya.

by Anonymousreply 211November 28, 2021 2:35 PM

[quote] A condo is not an apartment

It most certainly is. An apartment is one unit of a multi unit building no matter if it's purchased or rented. That makes a condo or a co-op an apartment.

by Anonymousreply 212November 28, 2021 2:43 PM

William cares deeply for Africa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 28, 2021 3:27 PM

R213 - William didn't asked to be carried like that - it was the Africans themselves who wanted it.

People in primitive societies have mores Westerners don't understand. My father was a surgeon and served in the South Pacific in WWII. When his ship arrived in the Solomon Islands, the King of the Solomon Islands insisted no carrying my father on his back to honor 'the medicine man'.

by Anonymousreply 214November 28, 2021 3:59 PM

I'm sure they've hauled William in for additional training. They'll probably send him off on a 2 week course with some other European Royalty who know when to and when not to open their fresh mouths.

by Anonymousreply 215November 28, 2021 4:02 PM

William is right.

by Anonymousreply 216November 28, 2021 5:29 PM

R213 That picture was in the South Pacific not Africa. Surely even you could see that by the people who are carrying him. And as R214 states, it’s a tradition to carry honoured guests.

Do you really think that William arrived there (I think it’s the Solomon Islands) and demanded to be carried?

If so you’re an idiot. If not, you’re just another troll.

by Anonymousreply 217November 28, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]Much like Republicans in the United States, Africans believe in procreation and the sanctity of life only to have the child die of starvation AFTER it's born.

For the same reason...they think women are only valuable as brood mares and should be under control of men.

And, an apartment and a condo are two different things. You rent apartments. You own condos.

by Anonymousreply 218November 28, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] And, an apartment and a condo are two different things. You rent apartments. You own condos.

You sound like some rube from a hick town. I have lived in a high rise condo I've owned for 45 years. I and everyone else in my building and every condo owner I know call our condo units "apartments".

by Anonymousreply 219November 28, 2021 5:51 PM

Fucking hell stop with the apartment vs condo bullshit. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 220November 28, 2021 5:55 PM

R217 here correcting myself - it was in Tuvalu, not the Solomons.

by Anonymousreply 221November 28, 2021 6:04 PM

R219, just because you and your friends are idiots doesn't change the fact that an apartment is rented while a condo is owned. The apartment is owned by the landlord. The condo is owned by the resident. People in apartments have no equity. Condo owners do. Are you really this stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 28, 2021 6:14 PM

Wow. I took a break from the thread and I see the William is a racist thread is now about condo ownership.

by Anonymousreply 223November 28, 2021 6:23 PM

He’s not in “deep shit”.

His uncle Andrew is.

by Anonymousreply 224November 28, 2021 6:36 PM

r223 on point! LOL

by Anonymousreply 225November 28, 2021 6:56 PM

Actually when some dumb American thinks they're being 'anti-racist' by bitching about a photo of Prince William being carried in a chair on Tuvalu, they are being racists: mocking the traditions of people (of color) who have cultures they haven't bothered to learn anything about.

by Anonymousreply 226November 28, 2021 7:08 PM

Situated on the outskirts of Nairobi is the largest slum in Africa: Kibera.

Not even the Kenyans can count how many people are here. Estimates go up to a million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 28, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote] Prince William in deep shit

Such an ugly expression!

by Anonymousreply 228November 28, 2021 8:02 PM

r228's lips are pursed tighter than a cat's asshole

by Anonymousreply 229November 28, 2021 8:09 PM

Maybe Diana should have just left all those land mines in place.

by Anonymousreply 230November 28, 2021 8:12 PM

R207 Put aside the abstract concept of a “carbon footprint” for now. Why don’t you respond to the question raised earlier:

If Kenya weren’t doubling its population every 30 years, how much additional resources would be available to each Kenyan family, for, say, education, health care, food, fresh water, without the stress caused by rapid population growth?

by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2021 8:22 PM

He should start distributing Royalent Green.

by Anonymousreply 232November 28, 2021 8:44 PM

He should start distributing Royalent Green.

by Anonymousreply 233November 28, 2021 8:44 PM

But it’s Europe and Asia who are in Africa killing the elephants and other wildlife, yes? For sport and for tusks.

And people blame Harry and Meghan for bringing down the BRF? As if they need help 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 234November 30, 2021 11:45 AM

I don't see why everyone is ragging on William for being carried around by those locals.

Nobody seems to have a problem with fat-ass "woman of color" Mariah Carey demanding that her slaves, I mean dancers, carry her around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 2, 2021 12:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!