Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lisa Brown is dead to me.

I can’t believe that Nola is gone. Quinton just died in September yet Mrs Renfield is still alive at 100.

by Anonymousreply 357January 20, 2022 8:27 PM

Holy shit, this was a shock. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 6:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 6:13 PM

How sad. She was so good at a really great time for daytime shows. #nolaforever

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 6:13 PM

I didn't see DL comment on Michael Tylo's death until now. Both are sad news.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 6:16 PM

I second what R3 said. What memories she gave us! Nola and Iva forever!

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 6:16 PM

I thought she was just okay.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 6:16 PM

Told this story before, but took my great aunt to see her in 42nd Street. Every time Lisa came on stage Helen would say, “There’s Nola”. I loved both those ladies.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 6:21 PM

Remember when hard-luck Iva had the hots for hunky Hank Eliot? True to her bad luck, Hank revealed to her that he was daytime's first openly gay character. Poor Iva.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 6:22 PM

Nola and Quint both dead and yet Mrs Renfield (Beulah Garrick) is still alive at 100.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 6:26 PM

Iva’s grandson was the gay Luke.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 6:28 PM

I’ll miss you, woman I’ve never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2021 6:31 PM

Poor Floyd. She was on GL when I was in high school. First with trying to trick Kelly into being with her, then the whole fantasy thing with Quentin. Fun character back then.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 6:32 PM

Lisa was very lucky to have two iconic daytime roles even though her return is no lot in the 90s was very disappointing. She was one of those soap actors who have that luck. Some who did: Elizabeth Hubbard, Jada Rowland, Anna Stuart, Denise Alexander, Lisa Peluso, Barbara Berjer, Leslie Charleson. Of the men, Wally Kurth, John Aniston, Nicolas Coster, Jed Allan, Larkin Malloy. Nola and Iva were very different, and when I watched Iva, I never thought of Nola because Lisa made her very unique.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 6:35 PM

Oh, that is so sad. The Nola-Kelly-Morgan storyline on GL circa 1979 is the greatest single plot in soap opera history.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] Lisa was very lucky to have two iconic daytime roles even though her return is no lot in the 90s was very disappointing.

huh?

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 7:58 PM

No wonder why Lisa Brown never did a "Locher Room" - fans have been wondering as the thought was she wasn't interested. But she must of been ill for a while

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 8:00 PM

Yes, R3, I agree. I am shocked and saddened by this news. I loved the soaps in the 1980s, and Lisa Brown was one of my favorite actors from that time. I was hoping that she would eventually do a Locher Room interview. I got the impression that she and Martha Byrne were close. Martha must be beside herself right now.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote] I got the impression that she and Martha Byrne were close. Martha must be beside herself right now.

Yep they are very close, in fact they are business partners with a production company

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 8:11 PM

She and Kristy McNichol always reminded me of Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 11:09 PM

Only SoapFraus would know who this is

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2021 11:10 PM

R15, I think "no lot" is an autocorrect for Nola. Her return as "kooky" Nola to GL was very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2021 11:12 PM

[quote] Only SoapFraus would know who this is

Broadway fans too. (Best Little Whorehouse, 42nd Street)

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2021 11:14 PM

Lisa Brown & Tom Nielsen son "Buddy Nielsen" - the lead singer of the Rock Band "Senses Fail"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2021 11:14 PM

Very sad. I was lucky enough to see her on broadway in 42nd Street and she was so friggin talented. And, her work on Guiding Light was excellent. RIP

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2021 11:16 PM

Nooooo! Nola and her fantasies were the reason I watched The Guiding Light in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 11:18 PM

Bette Davis watched GL and apparently adored her. I’m sure she reminded her of herself.

I hope Alan Locher does a tribute show for her with her former GL/ATWT co-stars. And maybe someone from 42nd Street and Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote]Nooooo! Nola and her fantasies were the reason I watched The Guiding Light in the '80s.

Me too. This is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 12:52 AM

She was one of my favorites as a child. What I would give for another afternoon of watching soap operas with my mother and sister, folding laundry.

Maybe I've mentioned this before, but I always had the sense she could do a fantastic Judy Garland impression.

Rest in peace, Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 1:40 AM

On Guiding Light George Pilgrim played Nola's teen son J...LINK (1:02 mark).....You're welcome.......He only had the job for a few months (couldn't act) and then DL Fave Ethan took over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 3:45 AM

To this day, some 40 years later, we quote Nola when someone is being clueless: “Do you need a roadmap Floyd!?”

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 4:01 AM

That’s sweet R30. I’m gonna use it!

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2021 9:23 AM

Has George Pilgrim (J) commented yet????

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Ethan Erickson (J "No Dot" Chamberlain) has been the voice of Toyota commericals for years.

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2021 11:21 AM

R33 = With his annoying wife. One of the very few straight daytime actors.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2021 11:41 AM

For some reason, Lisa reminded me of Grayson Hall from "Dark Shadows".

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2021 12:33 AM

I have thought about Lisa all day. Although I had never met her, I feel as though I knew her. More than other soap actors deaths, this has affected me for some reason. Nola was a character, Lisa embraced that character and gave her life and believability. I miss GL, I miss Nola.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2021 12:59 AM

I will forever be grateful to Lisa Brown for the kiss she gave to Company in Guiding Light's last episode.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2021 1:02 AM

R37 = Found it. LINK.....Nola arrives with Bridget....Around the 3 minute mark....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2021 4:52 AM

[quote] I was hoping that she would eventually do a Locher Room interview. I got the impression that she and Martha Byrne were close.

According to Ms Locher they were working on this but obviously now it's too late. One wonders why it was so difficult to pull off, especially during the several months we were in lockdown. Maybe she was reticent about being seen these days?

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2021 4:48 PM

Her son left a beautiful message on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2021 6:55 PM

Oh no! I loved her on The Guiding Light!!

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2021 7:01 PM

Her son should have been there for her.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2021 8:18 PM

Seeing those pictures of Lisa from her son's Instagram account makes me sad again. Years ago I read an article about her in one of the soap magazines. I think it was in the 1990s. Apparently she did temporary work in between acting gigs. In the interview she said she was working as a temporary receptionist at a company. The owner of the company kept yelling at her because (when she answered the phone) she was too nice with the customers, and she took too much time talking with them when they called into the company. I thought that was a cute story.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2021 8:45 PM

I love that you can see the headshot of Frank Runyeon (Steve Andropoulos) behind Lisa in that first picture on her son's Instagram. One is still loved, the other...

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2021 8:57 PM

Any comment from John Wesley Shipp? I wonder if they were friends?

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2021 9:02 PM

From JWS's Facebook:

[quote] Gobsmacked when I learned of the death of my great colleague, Lisa Brown. Life is made of many memories and some of my most wonderful include Lisa. My Heart goes out to her family🙏🏼♥️

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2021 12:26 AM

JWS is a gay. A total gay.

by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2021 4:41 AM

Don't fret because I'm still here and was always more loved than Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Why couldn't it have been Martha Byrne instead??!!

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2021 5:02 AM

So Tom Neilsen ate out Lisa Brown’s snatch back in the day. Why!?!?????

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2021 5:12 AM

VIDEO = Back when JWS was hot...With Lisa Brown Nola...Celebrating the 50th anniversary....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2021 5:20 AM

^^^ The second guy in the video is Lisa Browns FIRST husband (in real life)....Tom Nielsen....

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2021 5:23 AM

Thanks R51

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2021 5:30 AM

So has fat Denice Pence commented yet? She thought she was the king’s shit and Gail Kobe fired her. Gail fired Lisa Brown, too.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2021 5:47 AM

I had cancer.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2021 6:09 AM

The acting at r51's clip was atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2021 6:19 AM

RIP, dear lady. Sorry, I never got to see Lisa Brown as Nola, (watched General Hospital), as Iva on ATWT, she was a joy to watch. Bring the soaps back to NY and hire theatre actors.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2021 7:22 AM

[quote] The acting at [R51]'s clip was atrocious.

How so?

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2021 6:48 PM

One of daytime’s all-time greats. No one else like her.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2021 6:58 PM

WHEN THEY GOT RIVA THEY DIDN T NEED NO NOLA

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]Oh, that is so sad. The Nola-Kelly-Morgan storyline on GL circa 1979 is the greatest single plot in soap opera history.

Totally agree; many days I ran home from school just *waiting* for the latest installment in that love triangle. I loved how they redeemed Nola by hooking her up with weird, creepy Quint

by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2021 7:38 PM

I confess, Lisa's death hit me harder than Sondheim's. Lisa came into my living room for over a decade, first as Nola, then as Iva. She was an indelible part of my teen years. Thank you for so many wonderful memories.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2021 7:45 PM

The only thing memorable about her 1995 return was that she got to see Henry before he passed away and was there for his memorial. She had no chemistry with Justin Deas. Most of Michael Tyler's return actually had him being subbed for by Josh Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2021 8:00 PM

The 1995 return had potential if they'd played the Nola of old. Perhaps reintroduce us to Nola via some of her movie fantasies and/or involved in investigating some mystery for Quinton. Or perhaps she returns to Springfield with a vendetta against Ed for his part in Maureen's death.

But as it was, Nola just sort of arrived back in Springfield with a teenage son in tow and no real purpose for being there. And pretty soon, she was infatuated/stalking Buzz!?!?!?!?!?. Very bizarre,

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2021 8:07 PM

He must have been very old. I remember when Doris Day used to sing with his band.

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2021 8:15 PM

The Henry Chamberlin actor was a homosexual in real life. Lisa knew that.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2021 8:34 PM

Did Lisha Bwonsh havesh a DUI

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2021 8:35 PM

I knew Doug Marland, and he adored Lisa.

At his memorial, she told a story about how she arrived at an event wearing a sweater. “Is that new?” Doug asked. “Yes.” “Lisa, how much did you pay?” “$35.” “Well, you paid too much!”

Her delivery was really funny and self-depracating. She could definitively do comedy.

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2021 10:30 PM

R14 Doug Marland told the same tale with Bobbie Spencer , Ava rescott, and Meg Snyder.

Each actress brought something unique to the story. Brown was unique- her stealing Kelly’s Christmas gift to Nola - a framed photo of them - wrapping it, and putting it in the pile of White a elephant gifts for him to find was brilliant and psychotic.

Mind you, this tale made GL a top four soap in the heyday of GH

Personally, I loved Zeman’s Bobbie, who was so evil but she made fans feel for her.

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2021 11:00 PM

I think the Nola storyline with Doug’s great joy. That character was special.

Boy, that was the height of the soaps. When they were casting some insane talents (Julianne being another example).

Lisa was playing Nola by day and the lead on Broadway at night.

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2021 11:04 PM

What was more important to P&G actresses: getting a Daytime Emmy, a SOD Award, or a DUI?

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2021 11:55 PM

Mr. Marland was a homosexual. I did not approve of his lifestyle choice.

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2021 3:45 AM

Who was that older doctor who used to get so exasperated with Nola when she was a relatively new character? I believe she was a candy striper, and that gray haired doctor with the German accident used to get so agitated with her. "Nola Leeldon"

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2021 1:26 PM

I can't remember his name, R73, but yes, I remember him.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2021 2:43 PM

That was the German doctor with the inexplicable name of Stephen Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2021 2:43 PM

Stefan Schnabel? Rick's gramps.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2021 4:12 PM

Stefan Schnabel played Dr. Stephen Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2021 4:22 PM

He wasn’t Rick’s grandfather, he wasn’t a Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2021 4:22 PM

Oh wait, sorry, he was. He was Leslie Jackson’s father.

by Anonymousreply 79November 30, 2021 4:23 PM

"Stefan Schnabel played Dr. Stephen Jackson."

This soap has everything. Paternity reveals, marital rape, Christmas miracles, Amish conversions, sex between ACTUAL cousins, cars flying off bridges, sluts melting down in public fountains, and Germans with inexplicably anglicized names. The password at the door is "I'M COMIN' BUD!!!"

by Anonymousreply 80November 30, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]and that gray haired doctor with the German accident used to get so agitated with her. "Nola Leeldon"

The German accident made him permanently cranky.

by Anonymousreply 81November 30, 2021 6:02 PM

Vetsoapfan is as cranky as Dr Jackson on THE Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 82November 30, 2021 6:10 PM

I can't believe he stayed on the show so long after his daughter's death but...being a doctor probably helped.

I read that the character was killed off after going to London (?) - if not, it would have been nice to have had him come back for Bert's memorial in 1986.

I love, love, love Pam Long's run on GL but the only thing that would have made it richer was if she'd brought back either more regularly or at all Hope, Amanda, Rita, and a few others.

I think Amanda was the only who she wrote off who came back for a brief bit later; I couldn't believe all the times Alan Michael was in jeopardy or had weddings and NO Hope. Elvera Roussel would have filled that matriarch void nicely.

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2021 7:43 PM

Pam's biggest shortcoming, at least during her initial run, was the failure to use the show's long history. On that initial run, she was determined to write the show she wanted to write and the show's history and older characters all got sacrificed.

At least during her second run, Pam was better about honoring history by bringing Roger, Holly and Blake back. And yes, she did have Amanda (Kathleen Cullen) come back for a Christmas 1987 visit.

by Anonymousreply 84November 30, 2021 7:48 PM

Pam wrote that seriously wrong-headed retcon with the Annabelle Sims storyline. Brandon Spaulding, Henry Chamberlain, Bill Bauer and HB Lewis were never in Springfield at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 85November 30, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote]Pam wrote that seriously wrong-headed retcon with the Annabelle Sims storyline. Brandon Spaulding, Henry Chamberlain, Bill Bauer and HB Lewis were never in Springfield at the same time.

True. No argument there. But at least Pam did a better job of telling that story than Ellen Weston did 20 years later when she did it with Alan, Billy, Josh and Buzz and Maryanne Caruthers.

by Anonymousreply 86November 30, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote]Brandon Spaulding, Henry Chamberlain, Bill Bauer and HB Lewis were never in Springfield at the same time.

Whoever the patriarch of the Reardon family was (Tom?), he was involved in the Annabel Sims story too. Greg Beecroft played him in the flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 87November 30, 2021 8:29 PM

the Annabelle and Maryann stories were awful in the sense that they shoved a history down our throats that never happened.

They explained Buzz being back from Viet Nam on leave or something to explain his presence back in Springfield.

They wonder why people stop watching?

by Anonymousreply 88November 30, 2021 8:46 PM

I don't recall that Annabelle Sims story being bad per se but it certainly was insulting to the dedicated viewers who knew history was being rewritten.

by Anonymousreply 89November 30, 2021 10:28 PM

R37

I sobbed.

M A R Y!!!!!!

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

by Anonymousreply 90November 30, 2021 10:31 PM

How nice that Lisa nominated Vee, who’s in the biz, you know, for a Daytime Emmy Lifetime Achievement Award last week! They wanted cranky vetsoapfan to present the award, but he refused because they dropped “The” from “The” Guiding Light and wouldn’t let FatEd go on stage!

by Anonymousreply 91November 30, 2021 10:55 PM

Vee is long overdue for the well deserved Lifetime Achievement Emmy Award!

by Anonymousreply 92November 30, 2021 10:57 PM

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2021 12:47 AM

I think the passcode should be "And now my dahlings, prepare to die."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2021 12:58 AM

I loved the Susan Piper stuff as a teen. Watching some of it years later on YT, it was godawful. Acting, dialogue, everything. In fact, I've begun to wonder if my love for soaps as a teen was solely BECAUSE I was a teen who enjoyed this very unsophisticated type of programming. I know this sounds really pretentious, but as an adult with a more sophisticated palate, these shows look aggressively stupid and dumbed down to reach the lowest common denominator viewer.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2021 1:11 AM

Have any of the Snyders commented on Lisa's passing?

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2021 1:26 AM

Where is Kristen Vigard's statement? She better hustle, or the prettier and more talented Jennifer Cooke will beat her to it.

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2021 1:34 AM

The return of Quint & Nola in 1996 (along with their son "J") Part 1

Go 7 Minutes into video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2021 1:46 AM

The return of Quint & Nola in 1996 (along with their son "J") Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2021 1:47 AM

Jay never got the opportunity to show off his shirtless chest...I think we can all agree that was almost as big a tragedy as Lisa's passing..

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2021 5:15 AM

Can you imagine Lisa on a Bell show? I burst out laughing just thinking of that mopey mess surrounded by all those beautiful people.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2021 5:31 AM

Lisa was rather homely.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2021 8:38 AM

Who would be considered beautiful on either Bell show today? The females all look like Hope mannequins.

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2021 12:28 PM

JWS posted a sweet remembrance on FB: "Gobsmacked when I learned of the death of my great colleague, Lisa Brown. Life is made of many memories and some of my most wonderful include Lisa. My Heart goes out to her family."

To which Colleen Zenk replied: "What a talent.... and a helluva girl, gal, woman, friend. I've known Lisa since we were 22 (actually, she was 21 and already working in NYC) and I had recently arrived. Two girls from the Midwest with similar backgrounds and ambitions. We met at a commercial audition and were cast together in a Dr. Pepper commercial where I was the sweet Pepper girl and she was the sassy one. She always was the sassy one. This was years before either of us landed in Daytime. She made it to Broadway far earlier than I, and was cast in many a role I wanted but didn't get. Doug Marland wrote to her gifts of humor and dance and song. We were pregnant together with our first babies and then later she came to Oakdale when Mr. Marland beckoned. Lisa was a director and writer's dream. She could do anything. And... a witty, sardonic, wise, funny, loyal friend. I am stunned by her sudden death. And send love to her kids, Tom, and husband, Brian. The world has lost a star... rest now, Lisa..."

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2021 2:20 PM

Just tried to find the Dr. Pepper commercial featuring both Colleen and Lisa on Youtube, but no luck.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2021 3:15 PM

Same, LittleMissSeattle. I thought I might be able to find it!

I know Colleen has mentioned on social media that she started out in commercials - as a teenager she was in a number of Kellogg's spots.

by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2021 3:50 PM

And L’Eggs! The pantyhose inside a plastic egg.

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2021 7:12 PM

The Snyders? I don't know them.

by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]Lisa was rather homely.

Oh, she was not. When she was young, she was as cute as a button.

by Anonymousreply 109December 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Her funeral was today. 😭

by Anonymousreply 110December 1, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] Jay never got the opportunity to show off his shirtless chest..

He did - but you missed that episode. Here is "Jay" (George Pilgrim) today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 1, 2021 9:32 PM

I liked the original Anthony/J. I don't think he was quite what they were looking for, but I swear they had the same issues with him as they did with the original Hart.

He was much better than the vapid toothpaste model that came after him, a child that would never have come from Quint and Nola.

by Anonymousreply 112December 1, 2021 9:35 PM

I only needed to have one husband all of my life.

by Anonymousreply 113December 1, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] I liked the original Anthony/J.

It wasn't the show that let him go, the actor himself was so unhappy, he asked to be let out of his contract. He was just not up to doing the day to day grind of a soap. As soon as the show could, they got him off, because he was so unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2021 9:39 PM

That era was the beginning of GL just doing any and everything except for what made sense.

by Anonymousreply 115December 1, 2021 9:40 PM

Oh, Leonard Staab.

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2021 9:53 PM

Remember when Goutman recast Iva?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 1, 2021 10:02 PM

Mental illness is a bitch.

Anyway......

by Anonymousreply 118December 1, 2021 10:07 PM

I was so hot for Nola's hot guido brother Tony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 2, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote] I was so hot for Nola's hot guido brother Tony.

We all were, honey, but I think he was a mick, not a guido.

by Anonymousreply 120December 2, 2021 2:04 AM

This Jay, R100?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 2, 2021 2:14 AM

Yikes, that clip at r38. Is that really what GL looked like at the end? My 80 year old dad’s home movies have better production values than that. I remember the show looking great when I watched it. Sad…

by Anonymousreply 122December 2, 2021 2:56 AM

I don't know it looked so shitty at the end - I mean Crystal Chappel did her own web show "Venice" and the production values on her web show were 1000X better than what GL had - and CC had LESS MONEY than GL!

by Anonymousreply 123December 2, 2021 3:07 AM

I always wondered if Lisa Brown and John Wesley Shipp ever hooked up. They had so much chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 124December 2, 2021 3:52 AM

Mixed feelings on GL 's production model.

It was PAINFUL to watch; the audio, lighting, sets -- all horrible.

Natalia walking out of her wedding to Frank and across to the gazebo in the snow was like a movie. I saw that episode and thought, Wow.

The last seven months or so we got Phillip back. I don't know what it is about that man but he's like the bad boy older brother romantic boyfriend everyone wants for one reason or another.

The show wrapped up with happy endings, mostly, all around. They should have shown Alan alive sipping a drink on an island with that Alan-theme from back in the mid to late 80s when Bernau played the part.

Ed and Holly off to see the world; Alex and Fletcher on a cruise. Rick and Mindy together -- FINALLY. Phillip and Beth the senior couple at the Spaulding mansion. Josh and Reva off on the road -- always. Danny and Michelle back in Springfrield. I think Blake was paired with Frank? Billy and Vanessa back together.

I loathed what happened to GL and hated that it went off the air but it the ending that the writers wrote made it all bearable somehow.

by Anonymousreply 125December 2, 2021 4:11 AM

Papa Bauer was turning over in his grave at the Peapack years.

by Anonymousreply 126December 2, 2021 4:20 AM

[quote]I always wondered if Lisa Brown and John Wesley Shipp ever hooked up. They had so much chemistry.

John Wesley Shipp is not of that persuasion.

by Anonymousreply 127December 2, 2021 5:06 AM

John Wesley Shipp and Marsha Clark surely hooked up. Their chemistry was off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 128December 2, 2021 7:01 AM

JWS is not a lesbyterian.

I wonder if John ever hooked up with anyone on GL or ATWT. I mean, was he giving Greg Beecroft a helping hand? Or running his hands through Harley Venton's swoopy hair?

Sadly I don't think JWS overlapped with the Pendulous One.

by Anonymousreply 129December 2, 2021 1:23 PM

It appears they were on at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 2, 2021 1:28 PM

Oh, my.

*fapfapfapfap*

by Anonymousreply 131December 2, 2021 1:34 PM

Awwww. They played Canon in D at her funeral yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2021 1:43 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2021 1:43 PM

I just watched the March 1996 ep someone posted here. At the time I thought the show was not great, but that in comparison to the glorious 1989-1993 years. Watching 1996 again now, I have to say it wasn’t that bad - but that’s looking ahead to all the crap to come (Dolly the clone, San Cristobal, the Santos mob stories).

GL still felt like GL here - Vanessa comforting Dinah over Henry’s death, Reva and Marah and Josh and Annie playing out their drama, the return of Nola and Quint.

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2021 2:26 PM

Did DL fave Geri Court ever bump pussys with dykey Marsha Clark?

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2021 2:26 PM

Geri wasn't a lesbian. Neither was Marsha. She and JWS were hot and heavy for a while.

by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2021 2:29 PM

anyway....

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2021 2:30 PM

Edge of Night had the gayest cast of all the P&G soaps, and that is saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 138December 2, 2021 2:32 PM

And now....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 2, 2021 2:44 PM

That opening at r139 was beyond embarrassing. Cheap and awful.

by Anonymousreply 140December 2, 2021 2:48 PM

Tony Reardon needs to punch me in the fartbox with his schlong!

by Anonymousreply 141December 3, 2021 7:19 PM

^Kelly, get off the fucking computer!

by Anonymousreply 142December 3, 2021 7:26 PM

by Anonymousreply 143December 3, 2021 7:37 PM

Phillip Spaulding needs to take me to a ball game, slip me $20, and chase away the bullies.

by Anonymousreply 144December 3, 2021 9:39 PM

GL was the first soap I ever got hooked on. I had watched it some when my older brother and mom watched it, but didn’t really care until the Kelly/Nola/Morgan saga and I was obsessed. I was around 12 years old and JWS made me feel tingly. Tony Reardon, too. I can remember faking being sick so I could stay home to see some big reveal…I think Kelly found out Nola was lying about a baby or something? Lisa Brown was a true original as Nola. Just a fantastic match of character and actress.

I started losing interest when Kristen Vigard left and the Nola and Quint stuff began. In 1982 I discovered AMC and it became MY show. I still watched GL some, but really started watching less and less when it became all about Reva and the Lewises, and all the men falling in love with frumpy Beth.

When and how was Kelly/JWS written off?

by Anonymousreply 145December 4, 2021 1:04 AM

[quote] Phillip Spaulding needs to take me to a ball game, slip me $20, and chase away the bullies.

He can take me to a game, take me under the stands and slip his pendulous cock in my mouth. I mean I'll even let him call me Beth or Mindy as long as he cums in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 146December 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Kobe, Long, or whoever was responsible for dismantling the Bauers made a major strategical error. Yes, Reva, Beth, etc., were very popular, but they really gutted the core when they marginalized the Bauers.

by Anonymousreply 147December 4, 2021 1:10 AM

by Anonymousreply 148December 4, 2021 1:11 AM

r146=Miss Henry Chamberlain

by Anonymousreply 149December 4, 2021 1:18 AM

Everything went to the shitter when they dropped THE

by Anonymousreply 150December 4, 2021 1:19 AM

Goutman’s Iva recast was so much more popular than Lisa Brown!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 4, 2021 1:24 AM

I would love to have seen what Kristian Alfonso could've brought to the table as Iva. I think her fiery Latina sexual energy is just what Iva could've used to remain a viable long-term character. Let's face it, Lisa Brown was a low energy charisma-free actress. Viewers didn't want to fuck Iva, which is what soap casting is all about, let's face it.

by Anonymousreply 152December 4, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote] When and how was Kelly/JWS written off?

John Wesley Shipp went on vacation, fully expecting to resume work after he returned. When he came back from vacation the show (Gail Kobe) told him he had his last day,

The show never explained why Kelly was no longer around - but by that time it was all Reva & Phillip/Beth. So no one really missed him.

Plus JWS had wanted to leave, but Gail Kobe persuaded him to stick around. But after six months, even she realized the character was going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 153December 4, 2021 1:34 AM

Wasn't his last scene that he didn't know was his last scene on a pay phone?

by Anonymousreply 154December 4, 2021 3:50 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz and fighting with perv Soapsuds, demanded that JWS be fired because JWS wouldn’t suck his toes.

by Anonymousreply 155December 4, 2021 4:58 AM

R153 = Backstage zipper problems. There is a reason he was popular but still didn't get snapped up by another soap....And the "I WANTED to leave" is the oldest excuse in the book. Nobody prefers unemployment in New York instead of a steady paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 156December 4, 2021 5:02 AM

R146, yeah, some days I'm up for that too but most days I just want that big brother I never had.

by Anonymousreply 157December 4, 2021 5:08 AM

I ran into John Wesley Shipp in the locker room of a predominantly gay gym in Philadelphia in about 1985. I blurted out how much I had loved him in The Guiding Light and the Nola-Kelly-Morgan plot line. He said something along the lines of “yeah that was a fun show” but with no enthusiasm.

He was in town playing Brick in a regional production of Cat on a Hit Tin Roof. The gym was near the theater where the show was playing Later, I saw him with a male/female crowd from the play, I assume, dancing at Philadelphia’s big gay bar at the time.

I remember that he was a terrible dancer. But my God was he gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 158December 4, 2021 11:31 AM

R157 Aw. I get it.

by Anonymousreply 159December 4, 2021 7:19 PM

JWS was the dream guy as Kelly - nice, cute, great body, not afraid to show it off, even to Bert Bauer!

But man, when they had him come back in '87 for the favorite scene thing and he appeared with Lisa and Tom Nielsen....he was fucking SEX ON A STICK. Looked hot as fuck with that beard.

by Anonymousreply 160December 4, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote] There is a reason he was popular but still didn't get snapped up by another soap....And the "I WANTED to leave" is the oldest excuse in the book.

JWS has had no problems finding work - the Marland left, he wanted to leave and let that be known. He stayed because he was locked into a contract, but then Gail Kobe convinced him to stay for another year, but then she didn't use the character

Back to JWS having no problems finding work, even after "The Flash" he returned to doing short-term gigs on Soaps - All My Children, Loving and One Life To Live - before getting Dawson's Creek.

JWS is someone who will do any acting job - daytime or nighttime, so that was quite rare back in the day. Going from a lead role in prime time - to going back to doing day player work on the soaps.

by Anonymousreply 161December 4, 2021 7:23 PM

John's a great guy; he played abusive Carter on All My Children and his character, I think I have this right, beat up a prostitute day player played by Andrea McArdle and he gave a quote to a soap mag that read: "It's a sad day when the Flash beats up Little Orphan Annie."

I can see him being low key at the gym. I've met a LOT of celebs over the years living in L.A. I ran into Gregg Marxx once at a Ralph's and the dude just wanted to buy his groceries and leave and he wasn't up for making a new best friend when I chatted him up (BRIEFLY); another time, some friends and I, about five of us, went to see his cabaret act and he chatted with us after at length and couldn't have been friendly or more attentive.

by Anonymousreply 162December 4, 2021 7:57 PM

I saw JWS about 15 years ago having breakfast at The Abbey in WeHo. He was still incredibly handsome. I looked at him and he gave me a small smile and a wink, then continued having a conversation with the guy he was having breakfast with.

by Anonymousreply 163December 4, 2021 8:01 PM

I wonder if Gregg Marx and JWS got it on?

Or maybe they were lusting after Jon Hensley.

Me, I would have been chasing Michael Swan or Mark Pinter.

by Anonymousreply 164December 5, 2021 4:43 PM

You can’t get pasht me!

by Anonymousreply 165December 5, 2021 5:50 PM

lmnop

by Anonymousreply 166December 5, 2021 8:03 PM

I mean, one remembers the days when Henry Chamberlain had a private key to the country club sauna.....

by Anonymousreply 167December 5, 2021 8:05 PM

Henry wore his worsted wool three-piece suit while blowing many of Springfield’s titans, respected doctors (even Bob occasionally enjoyed the pleasures of a skilled mouth) and scions. The semen he swallowed made his eyebrows lengthen.

by Anonymousreply 168December 5, 2021 8:31 PM

Who was Vanessa's mother? A test tube?

by Anonymousreply 169December 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Henry rolled his eyes like a bitchy shop bottom or hotel front desk clerk.

by Anonymousreply 170December 5, 2021 9:18 PM

Was Mr. Roerick a homosexualist? He must have gotten a boner seeing JWS in his speedo around the studio. Did Miss Chris Bernau get aroused by the pendulous one?

by Anonymousreply 171December 6, 2021 10:23 AM

Henry Chamberlain gave me Hyancith vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 6, 2021 2:18 PM

Billy Roerick used to act like a silly, flirty school girl around JWS.

by Anonymousreply 173December 6, 2021 2:57 PM

by Anonymousreply 174December 6, 2021 2:58 PM

Roerick was gay, yes.

by Anonymousreply 175December 6, 2021 5:05 PM

Did Billy Roerick trick with any P&G gays like Joel Crothers?

by Anonymousreply 176December 6, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote] Roerick was gay

No way!

by Anonymousreply 177December 6, 2021 6:03 PM

I'm glad Roerick had someone. They were apparently buried together ❤️ 😭 ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 6, 2021 8:46 PM

Maeve knew that her ‘daddy’ was gay.

by Anonymousreply 179December 6, 2021 9:05 PM

💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 180December 6, 2021 9:23 PM

Here is JWS and his partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 6, 2021 9:31 PM

Another of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 6, 2021 9:32 PM

JWS got hard when he played daddy to the Ford bros on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 183December 7, 2021 12:42 AM

💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote] Who was Vanessa's mother? A test tube?

Oscar Winner Teresa Wright Best Friend - here Vanessa goes down memory lane with her deceased mother's best friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 7, 2021 2:09 AM

I vaguely remember that scene. Grace apparently knew the specifics of where Dinah went off to, or who Vanessa's daughter even was.

I'm almost positive GL intended for Jessie Matthews to be Vanessa's daughter but somehow changed it after they got a bit into the story.

by Anonymousreply 186December 8, 2021 2:55 PM

My GL character may have been the cure for insomnia, but thirty five years later I look fantasic, AND I'm getting William de Vry's dick on the regular!

Smell me, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 8, 2021 3:18 PM

Yeah, but you were Sue Storm in a Fantastic Four movie so bad Marvel has tried to completely suppress it.

by Anonymousreply 188December 8, 2021 3:20 PM

Wendy Moniz is doing the Locher Room

I triple dog dare one of you bitches to show up in the chat and say "So....how did Frank Grillo's cock taste, anyway?"

by Anonymousreply 189December 8, 2021 10:40 PM

The whole GL canvas had been fat and homely until Wendy came on as Dinah. People were/are still seething they dropped THE from the title and Fat Ed, Fat Bert, Fat Maureen, Homely Nola, Homely Holly, and Lazy Bones Bev McKinsey.

by Anonymousreply 190December 8, 2021 10:53 PM

Alan surely needs to ask about Frank Grillo cock!!!

by Anonymousreply 191December 8, 2021 11:46 PM

Locher had a little tribute to Lisa Brown at the end of his Christian LeBlanc interview. He showed scenes of Nola and Vanessa, the Lily reveal, Kelly tossing Nola to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 192December 9, 2021 12:31 AM

I know he's talked about doing a Lisa memorial, as he did for Beverlee.

The question is whether it will be for Lisa, or Lisa and Michael Tylo.

by Anonymousreply 193December 9, 2021 12:33 AM

Old perv Soapsuds keeps begging Alan to have Chandler smirks alot on his show. Dumbfuk pervert is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 194December 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Pervert Soapsuds and that equally annoying Victoria Fuckton (who have both killed SON) bitch about Alan Locher yet they hang on his every word and interview!! Start your own channel, you fat old fucks!!!!

by Anonymousreply 195December 9, 2021 4:43 AM

Digest's new cover doesn't have a blurb about Lisa. They're gonna give her a paragraph in Comings and Goings and I am going to email them and read them for filth.

by Anonymousreply 196December 9, 2021 7:08 PM

Lisa B. never sold magazines.

by Anonymousreply 197December 9, 2021 9:07 PM

Why the Fuck should she be on the cover of SOD? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 198December 9, 2021 9:09 PM

Alan is interviewing Tammy Tunie next week. Will he ask her about Jessica’s lez relationship with Margo and their threesome with Doc Reese?

by Anonymousreply 199December 9, 2021 9:12 PM

Will fat old perv Soapsuds and pain in the ass Vicky Fuckton bitch about Locher, yet still watch every one of his interviews?

by Anonymousreply 200December 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Dramatist Nightmare is already bitching about it. Make your own channel and book interviews creeps! SON is a mess! Earl needs to divest!

by Anonymousreply 201December 9, 2021 10:03 PM

Psycho demon bitch must be off her meds today, 6 posts in a row I can't see.

Someone get this bitch some antipsychotics

by Anonymousreply 202December 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Tammy Tunie > Lisa Brown

by Anonymousreply 203December 9, 2021 11:27 PM

I used to love the Locher Room - because Alan used to solicit fans questions, and then relay them to the actors

But now he has STOPPED accepting viewer questions, and he is the only one doing the questioning

So I have stopped watching, because what is the point if there is no fan participation.

by Anonymousreply 204December 9, 2021 11:29 PM

Hey R204 Start your own channel and book the guests. Then you can ask the questions you want. Its Alan’s channel, he can run it the way he wants.

by Anonymousreply 205December 9, 2021 11:53 PM

I'd love to see him do a Snyder Family reunion from ATWT ... with all the original Snyders.

by Anonymousreply 206December 10, 2021 12:54 AM

💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 207December 10, 2021 1:08 AM

r204, that's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 208December 10, 2021 1:09 AM

Miss Locher needs to do a reunion with all the studs who fueled my furious teen masturbatory fantasies:

James Wlcek, Grant Show, David Sederholm, MEK, Peter Reckell, Todd McKee, Don Diamont, Robert Tyler, JWS, and Grant Aleksander.

by Anonymousreply 209December 10, 2021 1:12 AM

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 210December 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Hello my dears! Some of your favorites from THE GUIDING LIGHT are joining me, Scoche Marin, at the home of my iconic character, Katherine Chancellor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 10, 2021 1:48 AM

I like R206's idea.

by Anonymousreply 212December 10, 2021 1:49 AM

Make sure you have a pillow handy if Miss Locher follows up on r206's idea. Can you think of anything more lethally boring, unless it's an interview with Ellen Parker and Peter Simon? The one he did with his equally boring wife Courtney was tedious enough.

by Anonymousreply 213December 10, 2021 2:30 AM

Yes, it's a great idea. I mean you'd have to have Graham Winton, but yes.

by Anonymousreply 214December 10, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote] Then you can ask the questions you want. Its Alan’s channel, he can run it the way he wants.

You are 100% RIGHT - Alan Locher can run his channel anyway he wants. I agree 100%

But since he is no longer taking viewer questions, then their is no reason for me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 215December 10, 2021 2:47 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 216December 10, 2021 4:12 PM

^That's "Stewart", you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 217December 10, 2021 5:03 PM

The Chancellor puppies will take Genoa City by storm, darlings!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 10, 2021 5:12 PM

They should bring on Dee Dee Halls as Kay's never-before-seen grandmother, Hortense Reynolds. They will need to use de-aging makeup on her, but I could see this working.

by Anonymousreply 219December 10, 2021 5:16 PM

💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 220December 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Has Tom Neilsen commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 221December 10, 2021 7:03 PM

Actually, Digest posted the wrong cover online, I saw the one that was just published today and Lisa IS on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 222December 10, 2021 11:55 PM

The Wendy Moniz Locher Room was interesting.

But weird. In the middle, he told her it was 23 years this week since Zaslow died. She got very sad. Then he followed that up with "Have you heard about Lisa Brown?" She had not. It felt so inappropriate to watch her learn that. She was about to cry.

After 18 months, he hasn't gotten even a tiny bit better at hosting, or handling guests, or being believably human around them.

by Anonymousreply 223December 11, 2021 1:16 PM

Zas sounds like he was a pain in the ass questioning everything. Shut the fuck up and say your lines. He’d never make it today when they shoot 3 episodes a day.

by Anonymousreply 224December 11, 2021 1:55 PM

shhhhh.....no one wants to hear your 💩

by Anonymousreply 225December 11, 2021 2:36 PM

Alan can ask whatever he wants. If you don’t like it, start a new show with the SON nuts and see if you can get any guests or anyone to watch other than Special John.

by Anonymousreply 226December 11, 2021 3:07 PM

Those old fat queens at SON are tearing Alan apart but they won’t start their own channel and ask the questions they want to ask. Stupid old pervs.

by Anonymousreply 227December 11, 2021 3:41 PM

shhhhh.....no one wants to hear your 💩

by Anonymousreply 228December 11, 2021 4:58 PM

The GL part of the Moniz interview was about 10 minutes. That's because there's very little GL she can talk about without lying through her teeth. She was a monumental bitch on that set including to the people she claims to have been close to and learned from. Alan is the perfect platform (and sucker) since he'll actually give her the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 229December 11, 2021 5:02 PM

How come Alan didn’t ask about Frank Grillo? lol And didn’t she also sleep with Kurt McKinney? Wendy has quite a “past”.

by Anonymousreply 230December 11, 2021 5:20 PM

💀 in a fucking 🔥 already

by Anonymousreply 231December 11, 2021 7:01 PM

R196, she got the opening news pages but they didn't really reach out to John Wesley Shipp or anyone else. Martha has something there but I think that's Instagram.

Conversely, SOD didn't reach out to Lisa after Michael Tylo died like one of the soap sites did; this is probably her last quote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 11, 2021 7:01 PM

R232 Yeah, none of them can be bothered to pick up a fucking phone and do ANY journalism any more. They just copy and paste what's been in other articles and/or on social media.

by Anonymousreply 233December 11, 2021 7:03 PM

R233, which is why magazines will die.

by Anonymousreply 234December 11, 2021 7:14 PM

and magazine deadlines are such that news is over a week old by the time they get it out.

by Anonymousreply 235December 11, 2021 7:18 PM

If Shannon Tweed had taken over the role of Iva and her split personality Godiva like I implored, then we wouldn't be discussing Lisa. I'm creaming my panties at the thought of Shannon and Cam Mathison as bisexual escort/go-go boy Drew Dixon adding some much-needed Bell/Days-type sexuality to the boring canvass.

by Anonymousreply 236December 11, 2021 7:59 PM

💀 in a fucking 🔥 already

we're waiting

by Anonymousreply 237December 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Bring on Jack Wagner as Seth Snyder and Dan Diamant as Paul Ryan and the show would've been walking sex.

by Anonymousreply 238December 11, 2021 8:04 PM

Has Vee, who’s in the biz, interviewed Lisa’s bisexual son yet? Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2021 9:18 PM

It's possible the magazines reached out to the actors, either directly or through their publicist, and the actor opted not to reply.

by Anonymousreply 240December 11, 2021 9:33 PM

Katherine Kelly Lang AS Iva!! I would have paid to watch that. She was sex on a stick, compared to drab Brown. All they needed to do was to fire fugly Bryggman and recast him with a hot daddy like Dennis Cole or Rod Arrants, and there's your beautiful John/Iva supercouple. So many missed opportunities. If the wonderful FMB had been allowed to make the changes she wanted, the show would've added some much needed sexiness. The actors on this show were really homely.

by Anonymousreply 241December 11, 2021 10:05 PM

KKL was only good working with dykey Sue flannery.

by Anonymousreply 242December 12, 2021 8:38 AM

[quote] All they needed to do was to fire fugly Bryggman

Are you on crack? He’d been there since God was a boy.

by Anonymousreply 243December 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Maggie Baird (Taylor Baldwin on ATWT and Billie Eilish’s mom) made a cameo on SNL during her daughter’s monologue last night.

by Anonymousreply 244December 12, 2021 5:10 PM

R230 I'm guessing the off-limits list for the convo was a mile long. To not be able to talk about your main scene partners/storylines for the better part of four years because of personal issues is just hilarious. She only mentioned the Dinah/Hart/Cassie triangle (which sucked - and has said as much in the past) so she could pretend like she and Laura Wright are 'reconnecting.' They hated each other back then. The whole industry is just so fake.

by Anonymousreply 245December 12, 2021 6:59 PM

Did she talk about how Maeve slapped her one day on the set?

by Anonymousreply 246December 12, 2021 7:53 PM

Wendy is a mess. She lies.

by Anonymousreply 247December 13, 2021 12:53 AM

Why did Maeve slap her? Maeve never exactly set the world afire with her dreary little soap career.

by Anonymousreply 248December 13, 2021 12:55 AM

Maeve slapped her for being a hussy!

by Anonymousreply 249December 13, 2021 12:56 AM

R240, that's true but Lisa Brown gave a quote to soap website; I'd think if SOD had asked her , she'd have talked to them too.

by Anonymousreply 250December 13, 2021 1:00 AM

Vinegary Helen Wagner had no time for trollops like CZP or Miss Moniz. Why does Alan Locher act like everything was always fun and happy around these soap sets? There was always more drama behind the screen than onscreen. Miss Locher knows it. Cut the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 251December 13, 2021 7:00 AM

According to Queen Locher, everything was wonderful behind the scenes at GL. He shuts down conversations he sees going in a negative direction.

by Anonymousreply 252December 13, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote] She only mentioned the Dinah/Hart/Cassie triangle (which sucked - and has said as much in the past)

I didn't watch it, and don't want to sit through an hour just to catch the 10 minutes she spoke about GL - but what did she say about the Dinah/Hart/Cassie triangle

[quote] so she could pretend like she and Laura Wright are 'reconnecting.' They hated each other back then.

Then they must have LOVED this scene where they TEAR each others hair out in a physical fight, and call each other "Tramp" & "Slut"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 13, 2021 3:13 PM

Laura Wright is currently the best actress on daytime at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 254December 13, 2021 4:03 PM

R252 You're not kidding. There was a comment from one person who had 'heard she was difficult to work with but ultimately she seems lovely' and that's no longer there. Her abrasiveness and rudeness was known far and wide by cast and crew and it's amazing to me he can be so pollyanna with her. Notice none of the usual show people (mainly writers) showed up to chit chat like they usually do.

R253 She said that the writing for the triangle was so great which isn't always the case with triangles - sometimes they get stale, don't work, etc. She's panned the writing on soaps for YEARS in interviews, especially when she was with Grillo. They were both all about the 'soaps suck' narrative and wanted to pretend like they'd never been on one. Laura Wright hated them both and would pan the triangle in the press. Everyone thought it was stupid because you could tell Hart/Dinah just fit better together and meanwhile out of nowhere he's with this blonde chick whose hair alone was bigger than he was.

by Anonymousreply 255December 13, 2021 5:10 PM

JWS posted another message about Lisa on his FB today

by Anonymousreply 256December 13, 2021 5:26 PM

Cassie/Hart/Dinah was one of those triangles where honestly I wanted all of them to die in a giant grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 257December 13, 2021 5:27 PM

Frank and Laura's hair needed their own zip codes.

And yes, Hart and Dinah always had more chemistry and seemed to "fit" together better than with Cassie. It always seemed Cassie was shoehorned into that romance to create story and to create sympathy for Cassie.

by Anonymousreply 258December 13, 2021 5:31 PM

JWS talks about sucking Doug Marland’s toes to get the job of Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 259December 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Was Allen Potter of the homosexual persuasion?

by Anonymousreply 260December 13, 2021 6:44 PM

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 261December 13, 2021 6:47 PM

Marsha Clark and JWS were an item. He’s a pussy hound and she loves the cock. Perfect match.

by Anonymousreply 262December 13, 2021 7:06 PM

r262=headless

by Anonymousreply 263December 13, 2021 8:10 PM

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 264December 14, 2021 1:18 AM

JWS was juggling Marsha Clarke & Carolyn Ann Clarke at the same time. Two are his limit, as I don't think he could juggle a third woman

by Anonymousreply 265December 14, 2021 1:23 AM

Warren Burton and Mary Kay Adams were hot and heavy at one point, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 266December 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Chris Bernau and Elvera were a couple off screen as well.

by Anonymousreply 267December 14, 2021 5:19 AM

Chris Bernau was gay, so I doubt he was involved with Elvera.

by Anonymousreply 268December 14, 2021 5:28 AM

Kelly wasn't with Lesley Ann, R265; what do you mean? on-screen?

We know it wasn't off.

I was older (duh) when I watched Cassie/Hart/Dinah and I could never get into it. I saw people who didn't all like each other coming across the screen.

I chatted Grillo and Moniz up at an ABC event one year (one or both of them were on an ABC series) about the late great Betty Rea and he was not up for talking about his daytime past; she was a bit nicer in that way wives can be when their husbands are acting prickish.

Whoever said the backstage stuff was more compelling than the on-screen stuff had a point.

by Anonymousreply 269December 15, 2021 4:30 PM

I meant to add I was younger (duh) when I watched the old Vanessa v. Nola stuff and I never felt like the actresses didn't like each other, but that came across when watching Dinah/Cassie.

by Anonymousreply 270December 15, 2021 4:40 PM

Whosh Lisha?

by Anonymousreply 271December 16, 2021 10:22 PM

Why did Kobe and Long backburner Quint/Nola? They were incredibly popular, though Long never gave them a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 272December 16, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote] Kelly wasn't with Lesley Ann

OFF-Screen - JWS talked to soap mags about him romancing Carolyn Ann Clarke, before dating Marsha Clarke

by Anonymousreply 273December 16, 2021 10:27 PM

Chris Bernau & Mary Kay Adams STEAMED up the screen when Alan & India had their hot & heavy romance

by Anonymousreply 274December 16, 2021 10:28 PM

Joel Crothers and Veleka Grey were consultants for the Alan/India romance.

by Anonymousreply 275December 16, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] Joel Crothers and Veleka Grey were consultants for the Alan/India romance.

As recently as 2019 - Veleka would tell anyone who would listen about her romance and engagement to Joel Crothers

by Anonymousreply 276December 16, 2021 10:33 PM

Lisa Brown would always warn the ATWT set if Eileen had spicy food for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2021 10:34 PM

Joel and Veleka were the daytime "IT" couple for quite a while. Their torrid romance is still talked about to this day.

by Anonymousreply 278December 16, 2021 10:44 PM

Don’t forget the torrid offscreen romance between Kate Collins and Jean LeClerc. They brought that sexual heat to the Natalie/Jeremy pairing. Alas, pussyhound LeClerc ultimately couldn’t be tamed.

by Anonymousreply 279December 16, 2021 10:51 PM

The mags really played up the Jean/Kate fauxmance. I remember an article in SOD at the time about their traveling together and they said they were each other's soul mate. There used to be a video of them on YT having brunch together or something at an outdoor cafe in the village, but I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 280December 16, 2021 11:04 PM

Ahem. Don’t forget about us as daytime’s IT couple.

by Anonymousreply 281December 17, 2021 1:17 AM

Larkin Malloy and Marcia Cross were a pretty hot and heavy couple too.

by Anonymousreply 282December 17, 2021 3:01 AM

The reality is back in the 1970s and 80s and even into the 90s, actors had to do the beard game and actress friends would help them out by lying.

by Anonymousreply 283December 17, 2021 3:06 AM

Wasn't Elizabeth Hendrickson the daytime go-to beard for a while? She seemed to date a bunch of actors suspected of being gay or bi?

by Anonymousreply 284December 17, 2021 3:09 AM

I live through the 80s on the west coast in the soap world; set decorators, wardrobe guys, -- the most beautiful accountant I'd ever seen in my life -- all dropped dead of AIDS.

It was tragic. People talk about COVID robbing them of their freedoms. COVID will pass.

AIDS killed so many in their prime.

by Anonymousreply 285December 17, 2021 4:30 AM

Doug Marland was a homosexualist.

by Anonymousreply 286December 18, 2021 5:39 PM

^No shit, sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 287December 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Tammy Tunie talked about Lisa on Queen Locher’s show.

by Anonymousreply 288December 18, 2021 10:33 PM

From the interview, it seems that Miss Tunie basically used ATWT as an ATM, basically a way to earn a living while she did theater. She modeled her use of the show based on what she observed Larry Bryggman doing. I don't think she fully appreciated the genre.

by Anonymousreply 289December 18, 2021 10:40 PM

Did Tammy Tunie talk about ME?

by Anonymousreply 290December 19, 2021 3:05 AM

[quote] Larkin Malloy and Marcia Cross were a pretty hot and heavy couple too.

Kristi Ferrell (Roxie GL) was on the Locher Room and said she once saw Marcia crying outside the GL studios, apparently she and Larkin Malloy got into a fight

by Anonymousreply 291December 19, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] Wasn't Elizabeth Hendrickson the daytime go-to beard for a while?

Jonathan Bennett when he was on AMC

by Anonymousreply 292December 19, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] it seems that Miss Tunie basically used ATWT as an ATM,

and ATWT paid for her fabulous house in NYC that is now worth MILLIONS

by Anonymousreply 293December 19, 2021 3:10 AM

Tamara Tunie, unlike Larry Bryggman, didn’t badmouth the show.

Jessica McKechnie was a character that wasn’t fleshed out- she really didn’t get to do anything that interesting except defend the other characters during murder trials. Her character on Law And Order SVU was even less of a fully realized person.

Doug Marland was a great writer but he did a terrible job writing the black characters on his shows. Agnes Nixon and Bill Bell did better in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 294December 19, 2021 3:34 AM

Jessica had a whole backstory and members of her family came onto the show for a while. Remember Lamar?

by Anonymousreply 295December 19, 2021 4:18 PM

R294, did you ever see the story in which Jessica introduced Roy to her family.

The class difference was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2021 4:02 AM

Here's an interview with Tunie from a few years ago in which she talked about Doug, Hogan, Duncan and more.

I don't recall Dietland; it kind of came and went but the rest is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2021 4:28 AM

There was a point where Jessica WAS well written and the black family/families were interesting. Of course they were never given what white characters were but it was well done for a time.

Roy's sister Nella was played by Kasi Lemmons who would go on to make the fabulous Eve's Bayou.

I thought that stretch of story for a year or so was well done, if not exciting. Much better than the mess with Helen Wagner and Lauryn Hill.

Jessica and Duncan's story was interesting for a time but it eventually became more of a statement and less about their compatibility.

by Anonymousreply 298December 27, 2021 10:45 PM

Doesn’t Helen look like a smug bitch in this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 28, 2021 2:22 AM

When did Helen not look like a smug bitch?

by Anonymousreply 300December 28, 2021 4:21 AM

Helen left a few years earlier because they weren't using her and Don; they both came back for Tom and Margo's wedding and only Helen came back for Bob and Kim's.

I remember she gave them a honeymoon trip on a cruise ship for a wedding present; they ran into Abe Vigoda and Lilia Skala; I believe Douglas Cummings saw Kim on the cruise and believing it was fate, he followed her to Oakdale.

Maybe she looked so smug b/c she knew she was coming back full time with Bob and Kim married or smug that the show extended an invitation to come back, at least for the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 301December 28, 2021 4:27 AM

I bet Helen thought that CZP was a shameless little hussy and told her right to her face.

by Anonymousreply 302December 28, 2021 4:29 AM

I think that's one of those whackadoodle scenarios that the deeply damaged, mentally ill poster keeps saying, to the point people start buying it.

by Anonymousreply 303December 28, 2021 4:32 AM

the first Nella was painful to watch.

"Royyyyyyyyyyyy why are you marrying that lady lawyer??"

She was awful.

by Anonymousreply 304December 28, 2021 4:39 AM

Helen told Mary-Ellis Bunim to fuck off. Too funny!

by Anonymousreply 305December 28, 2021 5:11 AM

The actress who played....was it Marsha? The woman who was in love with Doug Cummings? She was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 306December 28, 2021 1:44 PM

How P&G actress DUIs can we count?

by Anonymousreply 307December 28, 2021 11:52 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 308December 29, 2021 2:15 PM

Zenk Pinter has 2 dui’s. Zimms, Watros. Jordan Clarke was driving at 3 am without his headlights on and got busted for being under the influence. There’s probably others. From other shows, Jason Cook, Kristen Storms, Windsor Harmon , caught pissing in the streets. Fun group.

by Anonymousreply 309December 29, 2021 8:35 PM

Don’t forget about me!

by Anonymousreply 310December 29, 2021 8:57 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 311December 30, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] Nella was played by Kasi Lemmons who would go on to make the fabulous Eve's Bayou.

Nella was also played by Victoria Rowell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 30, 2021 2:12 AM

How many lawsuits did koo koo crazy Rowell lose????? lololololol

by Anonymousreply 313December 30, 2021 2:14 AM

Silencio, psycho cunt. Take your obsessions with shit and DUIs elsewhere

by Anonymousreply 314December 30, 2021 2:19 AM

Serial Psycho scholar loves talking about Eileen’s bowel issues and Mrs Pinter’s duis. It’s all true. So bug off asshole. Jensen Buchanan sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 315December 30, 2021 2:38 AM

R306 her name was Giulia Pagano

I thought she was terrific in the role; Shipp thanked her by name in his DT Emmy speech.

by Anonymousreply 316December 30, 2021 4:18 AM

What about ME

by Anonymousreply 317December 30, 2021 8:11 AM

Dead!

by Anonymousreply 318December 30, 2021 6:01 PM

Poor Crystal. Still trying to monetize her online soap. Big failure.

by Anonymousreply 319December 30, 2021 6:11 PM

Stifle, psycho.

by Anonymousreply 320December 30, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote] Poor Crystal. Still trying to monetize her online soap.

She has moved beyond that and is how launching her own streaming service dedicated to content for women

by Anonymousreply 321December 30, 2021 6:14 PM

Ish it midnight yet? Can you shtart my car for me? Mama needsh breakfasht.

by Anonymousreply 322December 31, 2021 1:11 PM

Was Richard Bekins of the gay persuasion? IMO he was the best Jamie. I liked Stephen Yates, but the ones who came on later like Lau felt like they were playing totally different characters.

by Anonymousreply 323December 31, 2021 1:14 PM

R323 No Rose. Bekins was straight. Just like cock hound Connie Ford.

by Anonymousreply 324December 31, 2021 5:02 PM

Wait, r324, you're saying Connie Ford was straight? LOL. You need to get your gaydar fixed, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 325December 31, 2021 5:29 PM

anyway....

by Anonymousreply 326December 31, 2021 5:56 PM

I was trying to get through a 1979 episode of ATWT on YT. My god, what a snoozefest. It was all talk, talk, talk, and the dialogue was horrendous, mostly exposition. The pacing was lethargic and everyone looked 60+ years old and bored out of their minds. No wonder viewers under 80 began to tuning out in droves and turning to the high energy and fresh ABC soaps.

by Anonymousreply 327December 31, 2021 6:05 PM

LOL at Nelson Branco trying to act like he was BFF’s with Betty White! Gurl please. Everyone has a pic of themselves with Betty White. She didn’t know who the fuck you are!!

by Anonymousreply 328January 2, 2022 10:25 PM

Has Hans G. issued a statement? He worked with Betty on the MTM Show.

by Anonymousreply 329January 3, 2022 12:33 AM

I think Crystal was the only one to make money from her online soap

there are A LOT of closeted lesbians out there and Otalia on GL and Venice were like Queer as Folk to the gays.

by Anonymousreply 330January 3, 2022 5:33 AM

One time, Colleen told Helen to bleach her mustache. Helen called her a trollop.

by Anonymousreply 331January 3, 2022 10:54 AM

Some of the lezzys who loved Otalia are tough looking guys.

by Anonymousreply 332January 3, 2022 11:08 AM

CBS SUNDAY MORNING has interviewed me, Scoche Marin, the definitive Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama, with regard to the passing of my dear friend Betty White. The crew caught beautiful views of my home and gardens. I am the wealthiest cast member on Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 3, 2022 11:41 AM

Robert Newman in as new Ashland. Happy to be able to see Josh-u-whaa on my screen again.

by Anonymousreply 334January 12, 2022 1:33 PM

He has that edgy thing he does but the writing will determine if the character is taken seriously now. With Richard Burgi the character was said to be ruthless and vindictive but then all he did was cuddle with Victoria. When Robert Newman played Josh on GL I couldn't take him seriously because the writing for Josh was so incredibly sanctimonious and hypocritical. It'll depend how they approach it here.

by Anonymousreply 335January 12, 2022 2:21 PM

Dumb Dylan from SON wants Kim Zimmer to join Y&R. Dumb move. It rarely, if ever, happens where a couple can recreate magic on a different show in different characters. Dumb Dylan is so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 336January 12, 2022 2:47 PM

God Dumb Dylan makes me question if I can even read. Such an idiot. How many grades has he failed?

by Anonymousreply 337January 13, 2022 2:40 PM

When is Miss Locher's tribute to Lisa Brown? The moment is about to pass. Surely Maeve, Martha and Ellen Dolan have some memories to share.

by Anonymousreply 338January 13, 2022 2:45 PM

R338 Start your own channel and interview them yourself. Miss Locher sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 339January 13, 2022 3:15 PM

Lisa/Nola was a GL icon. You'd think Lady Locher would take every opportunity to gush over her and the show in general. That's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 340January 13, 2022 3:37 PM

Lisa/Nola was hardly an icon. Luke & Laura was trouncing GL in the ratings during Lisa’s big years.

by Anonymousreply 341January 13, 2022 4:06 PM

When people think of Guiding Light, they think of Kim Zimmer as Reva. Sorry, but it’s the truth. Maybe they remember Phillip and skinny Beth. No one remembers Lisa, Beverlee, or the fatso Bauers on screen before fat Reva.

by Anonymousreply 342January 13, 2022 4:19 PM

Reva who? When I think of "The Guiding Light" I think of Papa Bauer, Dr. Steve Jackson, Dr. Sarah Werner, Meta Bauer White, Adam Thorpe, Robin Fletcher, among many other treasures. I guarantee I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 343January 13, 2022 4:31 PM

r343 = curmudgeon vetsoapfan from SON

by Anonymousreply 344January 13, 2022 4:58 PM

I only think of how they unceremoniously dropped THE from TGL. I’m still not over it. And to this day I still miss Fat Ed Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 345January 13, 2022 5:01 PM

r345 loves fat soaps. Fat soap titles, fat actresses, fat actors, fat characters. Everything fat, especially Fat Ed, Fat Bert, and Fat Maureen.

by Anonymousreply 346January 13, 2022 5:05 PM

The Bowers were boring. Kudos to Gail Kobe and Pam Long to marginalizing them. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 347January 13, 2022 5:08 PM

Oldie TGL viewers never cared for anything more than fat characters pouring coffee, having the same conversation everyday, THEs in soap titles, and the worst theme song ever heard on broadcast television set to the leaves on a fucking tree.

by Anonymousreply 348January 13, 2022 5:33 PM

Gail Kobe and Pam Long completely revitalized GL. Dumped those boring Bauers except for Fat Bert and the ratings even beat GH for a time. Kudos!

by Anonymousreply 349January 13, 2022 5:43 PM

GL went to number 1 after the boring Bauers were canned. The Lewises energized GL as Springfield's first family. Most of the Lewises were fat, so the nursing home viewers who loved the Bauers should've loved the Lewises too.

by Anonymousreply 350January 13, 2022 6:00 PM

Wow! 14 responses that I can't see. I only have two people on Ignore, which means those 14 responses came from those two people.

And likely, those two people are actually the same person with two different accounts.

#SAD

by Anonymousreply 351January 13, 2022 6:00 PM

I have the same two “posters” blocked. What’s the deal with this jerk? Does he get off on being annoying? Lighten up dude. Nobody thinks you are funny or clever or have anything of interest to add to any discussion.

by Anonymousreply 352January 13, 2022 6:14 PM

r351 must be an SON member. They think any alternative viewpoint MUST be the same person with different accounts. Bunch of conspiracy theorist pimply pervs at that joint.

by Anonymousreply 353January 13, 2022 6:14 PM

R355, Sanctiomious and hypocritical?

Well, I have seen so much more than you think I have...for all you land of wishes, hopes, and dreams! Josh went all out for the little lady in white, didn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 13, 2022 11:51 PM

We must have the same person blocked. I am not seeing a ton of posts.

I wasn’t a huge GL watcher post 1983 or so, but Robert Newman was HOT.

by Anonymousreply 355January 15, 2022 10:36 AM

[quote] The Bowers were boring.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 356January 15, 2022 9:34 PM

GL is the show I miss the most; That and ATWT.

Both shows did Christmas shows well.

ATWT did a great night before Thanksgiving.

GL did a great July 4

I think ATWT either celebrated Memorial Day or July 4 or both.

I miss those family-centric shows.

by Anonymousreply 357January 20, 2022 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!