Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ann Dowd calls out fellow actress on The Handmaid’s Tale

In this really good interview Dowd mentions a well-established guest star on The Handmaid’s Tale as being “difficult” but doesn’t name her.

It’s Marisa Tomei, right? She’s got an awful reputation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 10:09 PM

I had no idea Ann Dowd had that buried underneath all those costumes. She looks great!

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 5:20 PM

Does not.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 5:21 PM

She also confirms Denzel is a dick. Love her!

[quote] And she doesn’t shy from discussing a brusque soap director she clashed with early in her career, or even Denzel Washington, whom she reports as being dismissive on the set of Philadelphia. “I thought: oh no, don’t do that, because you’re so damn good!”

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 5:22 PM

She’s a fantastic actress, and everybody knows it. So she can just be frank. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 5:31 PM

I have loved her since Nothing Sacred and when she was nominated for Handmaids Tale I sent her a massage through Facebook like a fangurl. Her response, which I never expected, was just as nice and sweet as you could hope it would be. There is nothing like finding out an actor you admire is a good person too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 5:52 PM

They don't realize that when they don't name names, they cast a shadow on everyone

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 6:01 PM

Don't worry, r6, she wasn't talking about you.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 6:08 PM

What is it with actors being described as "brave and fearless" talking about how they worked with someone who was a pain in the ass or who didn't like them. EVERYONE who works deals with that on a daily basis and doesn't get paid thousands to do it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 6:22 PM

Because no one cares what you have to say, Defacto. You obviously don’t have a job anyway, that much seems abundantly clear.

But when Dowd or someone like her speaks out, it could have a real negative impact on her careers because thousands or even millions of people will read it.

There, understand now?

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 6:36 PM

^^^ career

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 6:36 PM

R10 = Classist Republican cunt

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2021 6:45 PM

R10 YOU ARE RIGHT,R11 IS A CUNT

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote]But when Dowd or someone like her speaks out, it could have a real negative impact on her careers because thousands or even millions of people will read it.

Uh huh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 7:26 PM

[R9] You make no sense.

Assuming that her story isn't fiction, she didn't name who the difficult female co-star was so I don't see how the "thousands or even millions" of readers are going to give a shit at all or how this will impact her career in any way. It will, however, provide a good tagline for the Daily Mail though. And when she mentions Denzel she praises him in the same sentence for being " ... so damn good!". The journo even adds a story about her supposedly defending a woman copping abuse during the interview!

Clearly a bullshit puff piece to flog her latest venture.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 9:13 PM

But it IS Tomei, right? She’s the only one who fits the description. But Tomei didn’t actually share any scenes with Dowd, did she?

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!