Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Look everyone, a “Gay Non-binary” for us to hate!

Name: Brandon Kyle Goodman

Hometown: New York City

Now lives: In a one-bedroom apartment in Hollywood with his husband, Matthew Raymond-Goodman, and their dog, Korey.

Claim to fame: Mr. Goodman is an actor and writer best known for “Big Mouth,” an adult animated sitcom on Netflix about preteens surviving puberty. He is the voice of Walter, a bisexual lovebug.

Mr. Goodman is also a Black and queer activist who hosts a weekly podcast, “Black Folx,” which features conversations about diverse Black voices. “Being a nonbinary gay Black person in Hollywood is an uphill battle” he said. “As a storyteller, I, too, want the chance to play with all the colors in the crayon box of humanity instead of being sidelined as a trope.

Big break: After graduating from the Tisch School of Arts at New York University in 2009, Mr. Goodman began writing a pilot about three queer friends in New York City in search of love called “Sweet Boys,” filled with poignant observations about modern romance drawn from his own journey.

His agent submitted it to “Big Mouth.” “They loved it and thought that it fit with their world,” he said. “I remember one of the creators of the show, Jennifer Flackett, saying the characters in my pilot reminded them of the ‘Big Mouth’ kids as grown-ups.”

Latest project: Mr. Goodman just finished playing Walter again, this time on “Human Resources,” a spinoff of “Big Mouth” set in a workplace. His co-stars include Randall Park, Keke Palmer and Aidy Bryant. “It’s a dream to be part of the ‘Big Mouth’ universe as a writer, and then to be trusted to join its legendary roster of comedic icons as a voice on the show is nothing short of an honor,” he said. “I’m still pinching myself.”

Next thing: Mr. Goodman is working on his first book, a collection of essays on Black queerness to be published next fall by Legacy Lit Books, a division of Hachette Books focused on BIPOC authors. “My hope is that, if you’re white, cis and het, you’ll have a really candid look into what it is to be Black and queer,” he said. “And if you’re Black and queer, or you’re living in the intersections, you’ll have language that articulates your experience because that’s what I missed growing up — language that articulated my experience.”

Going Live: Every week, Mr. Goodman goes live on Instagram to answer questions about queer sex. “I know that to the outside this all could look raunchy, but to me, it’s activism because sex positivity and talking about how much shame there is around sex is super-important, and I wanted to create a safe space to do that,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 2, 2022 8:34 PM

So... if you're not male or female... how can you be gay? Or is this one of those people that goes by queer?

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 4:52 PM

Also, I was going to say the article was committing literal violence by misgendering, but it looks like this guy goes by both they and he.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 4:56 PM

Is Matthew Raymond-Goodman black or white? Reserving judgment until then.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 4:57 PM

In WHAT way is this guy neither a man nor a woman?

The non-binary emperor has no clothes. It’s time to stop paying deference to these pretentious, idiotic fruitcakes.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 4:58 PM

Enbies are mostly pure bullshit when it comes to identity.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote] Also, I was going to say the article was committing literal violence by misgendering, but it looks like this guy goes by both they and he.

But the article did not alternate the pronouns. It just chose to use he throughout and that not right. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote] In WHAT way is this guy neither a man nor a woman?

They’s what you olds would call androgynous. You could never tell. They is neither man nor woman, keeps you guessing.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 5:01 PM

99% of the people who call themselves non-binary are not actually non-binary. And even the other 1% are questionable.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 5:02 PM

No one is non-binary. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Oooooooh, I’m such a Dickens!

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 5:04 PM

R9 hermaphrodites are

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2021 5:05 PM

This annoying snow queen.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 5:05 PM

R3 Do you know a famous or semi famous gay man of color that isn’t with a white man??

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 5:06 PM

“Hermaphrodites” are not NB R11.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 5:15 PM

The Advocate posting shit about 'gay non-binary' over a year ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 5:15 PM

“Being a nonbinary gay Black person in Hollywood is an uphill battle” he said.

It's quite literally the opposite of an uphill battle. Announcing those identifiers will get you cast and your show sold.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 5:32 PM

"Non-binary" is where you go when all other showbiz options have run out.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 5:49 PM

And then it's on to transtown R17

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]They’s what you olds would call androgynous. You could never tell. They is neither man nor woman, keeps you guessing.

This guy isn't any mystery at all - though he wishes I guess.

Androgynous is somebody like the model Andrej Pejic - before he transed himself into Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 10:48 PM

Black queerness. Non binary.

Just shut up. You’re a garden variety Negro fag.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2021 12:18 AM

He's black so of course the Klan grannies will hate him

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2021 12:20 AM

R20 is a garden variety Trump-voting racist

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2021 12:21 AM

The husband:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2021 12:30 AM

Wonder if they followed these terms when getting married

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2021 12:34 AM

The loser husband is a “queer life coach”

by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2021 12:46 AM

White 🙄

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 1:51 AM

R26 Of course! You didn't think he'd be into any ethnicity other than white, did you?

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 3:38 PM

"Queer voices of color aren't being heard!" says a man writing for one television show and acting in another, who has a large social media following across multiple platforms, does a weekly podcast, and has had several articles in different magazines about being a non-binary POC in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 3:48 PM

Am I missing something - this is a man with a beard. How is he non-binary exactly?

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2021 10:52 AM

Don't black people learn biology?

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2021 10:57 AM

HELLO EVERYONE, I'M VERY VERY UNIQUE. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME.

That's what this sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2021 10:58 AM

I AM NON-BINARY AND I AM SPECIAL!

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2021 11:09 AM

Narcissistic and attention-seeking are more accurate descriptors.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2021 11:14 AM

R13

Lil Nas X

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2021 11:16 AM

R3 White.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2021 12:23 PM

Maury, that is a man.

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2021 12:26 PM

R34 We really don't know who is Lil Nas X with. The dancer was a PR relationship. I have a feeling he has someone who wants to stay private, probably from music industry. Don't know the race, could be black or white.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Lyle Nassex is dating a genderfluid Inuit sex worker named Cube.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2021 12:30 PM

They have been signed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 1, 2022 5:24 PM

Why wouldn’t actual androgynous or gender nonconfirming Non-binaries call out people like Brandon Kyle Goodman? He has actually less of a claim to being non-binary than Rachel Dolezal does to being black. Because at least she is making an attempt to look it.

by Anonymousreply 40February 1, 2022 5:29 PM

Verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 41February 1, 2022 5:30 PM

I am special. I am special! Please, God, please! Please don’t let me be normal!

by Anonymousreply 42February 1, 2022 5:46 PM

Can someone actually explain how a person can claim to be 'unsexed' by saying they are non-binary but then claim to be gay which is based on being a 'sexed' person attracted to someone of that same sex? It is literally not possible to be both of these things.

by Anonymousreply 43February 1, 2022 6:36 PM

r43 It doesn't. And of COURSE the husband is white. They always are for these guys, fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 44February 1, 2022 6:47 PM

Eldergay here. You are either straight, gay or bi. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 1, 2022 6:51 PM

Another gay non-binary to hate is Fin Argus, but at least he wears dresses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 2, 2022 1:47 AM

Carl Clemons-Hopkins from HBO Max's HACKS is gay non-binary, also.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 2, 2022 4:37 AM

Have any gay non-binary people ever bothered to explain how they can be both non-binary and gay?

by Anonymousreply 48February 2, 2022 5:01 AM

Don't confuse them R48. They are "special". Not run-of-the-mill gays like us.

by Anonymousreply 49February 2, 2022 3:24 PM

So non-binary gays are the new A-gays due to how very super special they are.

by Anonymousreply 50February 2, 2022 3:44 PM

They are not boring old gays like us. They are supersized gays with attitude. AND THEY WILL NOT BE DISRESPECTED!!

by Anonymousreply 51February 2, 2022 4:15 PM

He’s too rugged looking to be non-binary.

by Anonymousreply 52February 2, 2022 4:36 PM

It makes no sense, but from inference, it seems like they like to wear heels, put on make up, or just be extra queeny despite looking 100% masculine physically, so now they are 'non-binary."

To quote an OG "non-binary" of a different sort: "I could VOMIT just looking at you!"

by Anonymousreply 53February 2, 2022 5:56 PM

What is "queer sex" and how is different that "gay sex" and if the answer is that queer sex includes penis in vagina sex then I'm calling BS...Guess I need more education.

by Anonymousreply 54February 2, 2022 8:07 PM

For this oldster Martha Raye will always be THE big mouth. And she married a fag just to prove it, too!

by Anonymousreply 55February 2, 2022 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!