Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Dreyfus on the Rise of Woke Homophobia

James is on fire in this interview with Brendan O'Neill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 4:51 AM

Linked again due to the likely graying out that will occur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 11:12 PM

He's got balls of steel and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 11:17 PM

He played Tom in "Gimme Gimme Gimme", he was cute then.

He's not as cute now, but really smart

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 11:57 PM

What’s the premise? Cliff notes please

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 12:11 AM

Of course he's right. Everything he says is reasoned. Sane spleen venting.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 12:12 AM

Following in the steps of Woke Sexism and Lez bashing. The Woke kids are trying to do right, but since they can't think critically or understand complex situations, they get every bit of it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 12:25 AM

R4 - "the adults are indulging the children" - pretty much sums it up

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 2:07 AM

The Cujo metaphor is perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 2:18 AM

He's so so "woke", much more "woke" than whomever he's criticizing. He wins.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Brendan was against gays getting married because it would make religious people look like bigots. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 12:53 AM

Brendan is a commie moron.

In a 2012 Huffington Post article, O'Neill argued against victims of sexual abuse by high-profile individuals like Sir Jimmy Savile coming forward publicly, stating: "I think there is more virtue in keeping the abuse as a firm part of your past, rather than offering it up to a scandal-hungry media and abuse-obsessed society that are desperate for more episodes of perversion to pore over".

Homosexuality

He has characterized the increasing acceptance of homosexuality as “queer imperialism" in terms of LGBT rights being promoted to Russia by western activists.[15][16] He also claims that the depiction of homophobia as "a mental disorder" mirrors the way that homosexuality was once depicted,[17] and criticized the legalization of same-sex marriage in Australia, arguing that it has been "attended by authoritarianism wherever it’s been introduced." He cited concerns it may impinge on religious freedom and feared the demonization of those who disagreed with the expansion of marriage.[18]

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 12:53 AM

Well, the Graun is unlikely to be receptive to an interview on this topic. Dreyfus is just trying to get his message out.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 1:15 AM

R10, So was Joe Biden. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 1:20 AM

Hey R13, while VP, Joe Biden had the guts to change his mind and come out for marriage equality publicly before Obama did. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2021 1:24 AM

No, R13. Biden pushed Obama to support legalization of same sex marriages. You complete dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2021 1:25 AM

R15, Nope. The donors pushed Obama to accept gay marriage and Biden simply jumped the gun and announced it too early.

he opposed all things gay for the first 40 years in office.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2021 1:27 AM

Oh jesus christ, people are allowed to evolve.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2021 1:29 AM

R17, Of course they are.tell that to R11.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2021 1:31 AM

No, you dipshit - not at all what happened. Although we are on a dangerous path in America, history isn’t so easily rewritten the way it is in your home country, Boris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2021 1:31 AM

As for Brendan O'Neill, I think he too has evolved. I've followed him for a few years now and he's been very supporting of gay issues in that time.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2021 1:34 AM

R19, what did you expect the WH to say? That’s oboes are the only reason for the change on their stance? There were tons and tons of articles that came out about donors pushing Obama to support same sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2021 1:34 AM

*donors

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2021 1:35 AM

Girls, if you don't summarize what this chucklefuck said, I'm going to pull every hair in your heads out.

I'm not listening to podcasts and I just want to know if he's grinding an axe for a specific group.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2021 1:38 AM

Hey kids, in my world, which isn't about hijacking threads, we were talking about James Dreyfus. Go cream your incontinence nappies somewhere else, m'kay?

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2021 1:39 AM

Dumbfuck at R21 - if it was a planned strategy, they would have had Obama come out in favor - not leave it to his VP on a Sunday show. You are incorrect. Intentionally spewing misleading information. Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2021 2:05 AM

He makes a lot of good points. I like that he calls out the fact real transsexuals are absolutely nothing like the Twitter brigade that call themselves trans.

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 2:08 AM

R25, Biden opened his mouth too soon and and sped things up. Biden was always fucking things up which is why obama wanted Elizabeth Warren to be president not him.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 2:10 AM

Obama did NOT want Warren as President.

God, Warren stans are so oblivious and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 3:03 AM

Sorry why are we discussing Obama on a thread about James Dreyfus? You can just not be interested and go to the million other threads about Obama.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 4:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!