Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Log Cabin Republicans are Idiots.

This opinion piece is from Jason Godfrey who is the president of the Tampa Bay Log Cabin Republicans.

The game has changed for LGBT Republicans.

A year ago, I had no idea what Log Cabin Republicans was or who it represented. Despite the fact that I am a gay conservative, as far as I was aware, the only nation-wide organization representing people like me was the Republican Party itself. And let’s face it … for years, the GOP wasn’t the most inclusive to LGBT conservatives.

That all changed in the 2020 election, when I got involved with the Log Cabin Republicans, which I soon learned is the nation’s largest organization representing LGBT conservatives and their allies. Since that time, I have witnessed firsthand that the Republican Party has never been more welcoming of LGBT conservatives than it is today. Countless people like me across the country are getting involved in the Party and its future.

As the president of the Tampa Bay chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans, I see it every day.

If you’re a gay conservative, let me reassure you that you are not alone, and that the game has changed for LGBT conservatives. President Donald Trump took unprecedented steps towards welcoming our community and including us as proud members of the Republican Party.

He was the first president in U.S. history to take the oath of office as a supporter of gay marriage as the law of the land; he openly recognized his LGBT supporters. He appointed the first openly gay man to a Cabinet-level position and launched a campaign at the U.N. to decriminalize homosexuality around the world.

Many members of our chapter credit President Trump with giving them the courage to stand up as proud Republicans despite the enormous pressure from the rest of the LGBT community to stay silent. Gay conservatives are now more vocal and more active, and have become a visible presence on the national stage.

First Lady Melania Trump emerged as a champion for LGBT conservatives as well. Her work to end bullying, an issue the LGBT community is all too familiar with, is admirable. In the final weeks of the 2020 election, she released a video thanking Log Cabin Republicans for our support and reminding us that we are welcome members of the GOP.

This kind of courage and inclusion in the face of overwhelming opposition from the media and the left has inspired many in the gay community who do not subscribe to the ideology or policies of the Democratic Party to finally get outspoken and get involved. The GOP for its part has emerged as a welcome partner. No longer are we a coalition of voters to be quietly shunned.

This new unity couldn’t come at a more critical time. The left-wing agenda of the Biden administration is shaking America to its core and jeopardizing our country’s future. It is more important than ever that we come together as conservative like-minded individuals, regardless of our sexual orientation, to elect more conservative Republicans to Congress and fight back.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 11:34 AM

I guess Jason has his head so far up Trump's ass he missed this.

Oklahoma GOP Head: RNC Chair ‘Must Resign’ For LGBTQ Support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 7:47 PM

Or this

North Carolina Lt. Governor compares LGBTQ people to cow dung & says straights are “superior”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 7:49 PM

Jason wrote:

[quote] A year ago, I had no idea what Log Cabin Republicans was or who it represented. Despite the fact that I am a gay conservative

he is an idiot and so is his chapter if he went from not knowing Log Cabin Republicans were to being the chapter President and they elected him.

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 7:52 PM

Op, you posted this so we could laugh at it together, right???

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 7:57 PM

Actually I am hoping he sees this or at least members of his chapter do. Because there's none so blind as those who will not see.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 8:11 PM

Jason writes:

He (Trump) was the first president in U.S. history to take the oath of office as a supporter of gay marriage as the law of the land

Well idiot Jason, President Obama came out in support of same-sex marriage on May 9, 2012 before he was elected and sworn in as President for his second term, not that I would expect an idiot like you to know that.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 8:20 PM

Jews for Hitler, Chickens for the Colonel, Black Confederate soldiers, Phyllis Schafly, Vegetarian butchers, Vidkun Quisling, Tammy Bruce, Benedict Arnold, Tokyo Rose, Jew Catchers, Uncle Tom, and LOG FUCKING CABIN REPUBLICANS (partial list).

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 8:23 PM

As proud nancy boy am most supportive of Supreme President Donald Trump for his of most greatest support to admirers of buggery like myself.

But line is must be drawn with the ladyboys. Ptui.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 8:27 PM

Who is this Jason Godfrey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 9:20 PM

Every group and community has its fair share of village idiots, backstabbers, and black sheep. In the Gay Community we call them Log Cabin Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 9:26 PM

All that was missing from that dreck was a mention of gay icon Tiffany Trump. She's bigger than Cher and Liza combined! (Literally and figuratively)

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 9:28 PM

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me Jason

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 9:41 PM

R9 I am pretty sure that is not the same Jason Godfrey. That one is Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 12:58 AM

I thought the same, r3. I've lived in the Midwest most of my life and I can't imagine an adult gay not knowing about the Log Cabin Republicans, let alone a rightwing gay in a red state like mine or Florida.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 1:04 AM

They're going to repeat the "Trump was the first president to support gay rights" talking point until their dying breath, aren't they......

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 1:14 AM

He who is blind cannot see, but he is faking it follows all the lemmings.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 2:17 AM

R11 ironically Tiffany is probably the only fairly normal person out of that insufferable “family.”

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 4:50 AM

The Proud Boys give lip service to not being homophobic. But that one who quit says that’s all they talked about was racism and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 4:51 AM

Do they pretend that it was Democrats blocking marriage equality the whole time? Democrats didn’t want us protected via hate crimes legislation? This is willful stupidity. Do they think they will get perks by being the token gay?

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 4:53 AM

Boris probably wrote that miserable page of excrement.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2021 4:54 AM

Jason Godfrey posts here on DL every day. Yes, she's a DL resident. And I say FUCK HER!

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2021 5:15 AM

Our resident idiot rightwinger may not be Jason Godfrey, but they certainly have the same level of intellect.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote]President Donald Trump took unprecedented steps towards welcoming our community

Ah yes. The very welcoming move of picking MIKE PENCE as VP.

Trump chose the most openly anti-lgbt politician out there to be the next in line if anything happens to the Prez - and this guy thinks that's a sign of Trump supporting LGBT people. IDIOTS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]The GOP for its part has emerged as a welcome partner

He does know the Arizona GOP censured Cindy McCain in 2021 for, among other things, supporting gay marriage.

Specifically, the AZ GOP referred to it as "leftist causes such as gay marriage" - again, they did/said this IN 20-FUCKING-21.. Gay marriage is a "leftist cause" to then, which means they don't see it as the law-of-the-land at all.

And this dolt thinks the GOP is welcoming to him and his ilk? Nah. Fools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2021 7:15 AM

It's some kind of Stockholm Syndrome, where bully victims idolize their bullies. Most of these people grew up in conservative households and were raised to worship their parents and their beliefs. They were raised in a toxic environment where receiving money and expensive gifts means love and approval, and being cut off financially means withholding love and approval.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 8:04 AM

[quote]Jason Godfrey posts here on DL every day. Yes, she's a DL resident. And I say FUCK HER!

I feel the need to note that fucking Jason Godfrey in the ass is in no way a requirement for posting on the Datalounge.

Although some of you weasels probably will.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Jason Godfrey apparently lacks common sense and any sense of shame. I think these black, gay, and Hispanic Republicans are self-hating. Like Enrique Tarrio. That man is primarily of African descent, but he apparently is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 11:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!