Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump poll tests his 2024 comeback map

He is targeting five swing states that are pivotal to his hopes of winning back the White House.

As Donald Trump builds out a presidential-campaign-in-waiting, his team is focusing on an electoral strategy that relies on recapturing the five states that flipped to Joe Biden in 2020.

The five states — Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — delivered a total of 73 electoral votes in 2020, enough to produce a decisive Electoral College victory for Biden. Since then, Trump has held four rallies, endorsed dozens of candidates and played a key role in shaping contests that could put his allies in top offices in those states in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2021 5:53 PM

Trump’s shadow campaign also recently polled Trump-Biden matchups in the five states, all of which were decided in 2020 by fewer than 3 percentage points. According to the poll, a memo of which was obtained by POLITICO, the former president led Biden in Arizona by 8 percentage points, Georgia by 3 points, Michigan by 12 points, Pennsylvania by 6 points and Wisconsin by 10 points.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 1:26 AM

In another sign that Trump is gearing up for a White House bid, his super PAC is holding its biggest planned fundraiser to date on Dec. 2, when the nation’s top Republican donors are expected to gather at his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 1:27 AM

This unnerves me no end. We are in serious danger of losing our democracy if that criminal Trump returns.

Where are the indictments from the Southern District Court in New York? If they can't indict Trump, can they indict his company so as to cripple any potential campaign and label him a potential guilty felon?

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 1:30 AM

We are getting the government we deserve. The masses are asses.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 1:32 AM

It's fucking over...seriously.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 1:38 AM

I predict he'll be dead.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 1:39 AM

Would be nice...only way to be rid of him, but he'll probably live a long life. Only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 1:41 AM

Can’t someone just shoot him now?

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 1:43 AM

Garbage seems to live long lives, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 1:48 AM

Shit must be a good preservative..

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 1:50 AM

Why hasn't this asshole stroked out yet? C'mon Big Macs, work your magic on those arteries.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 1:51 AM

You can thank idiots like the Squad and woke culture for this. They’re going to ensure that Democrats run nothing for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 1:54 AM

So very frightening to think that he would return to power.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2021 1:56 AM

The Squad loves Trump. The hard left vs the hard right.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 1:59 AM

He won’t. I also don’t believe those polls are legit. They were done by people he hired and we k ow he hates bad news. Obama was in the same situation in 2009-2010. When the time comes, people will remember how much they hate Dump.

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2021 2:01 AM

2024 is, politically, a lifetime away, but, for now at least, it seems to me that the Republicans nominating Trump is the Dems best hope to holding on to the White House for another term.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 2:02 AM

There is only one way to deal with mob bosses. Don't miss.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 2:03 AM

The media loves trump, too. I wish they would shut the hell up about him. Feeding the monster...giving him oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2021 2:03 AM

The media misses him.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2021 2:09 AM

Please do, I want to see him lose again. The 81.5 million people who voted against him have not changed their minds.

The latest 1/6 bombshell looks promising: Eric and Lara Chump bought burner phones to instruct the insurrectionists on 1/6. It's just a matter of time and hearings until we find out Chump himself called the shots. That is treason.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2021 2:12 AM

Don't forget...a lot of his cultists have died off of covid, too..

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] The latest 1/6 bombshell looks promising: Eric and Lara Chump bought burner phones to instruct the insurrectionists on 1/6.

WHAAAAT???? I hadn't heard this little nugget yet. Please let this be true. But we all know that they are precisely that stupid.

Like Angela V. Shelton of Frangela says, we will eventually find a folder in the Trump files labeled: "ILLEGAL SHIT WE DID"

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 2:16 AM

Melanie won't do it again and Ivanka already said she doesn't like the idea.

GQP needs Trump to mobilize the deplorables, they can't win without them.

I would love to be a fly on the wall during republican election strategy meetings.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 2:17 AM

He may be in prison by then, or poor(er) health, and it's only the die hard freaks that want him back. Many republicans are sick of him.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 2:18 AM

If the GQP retakes the House (which will be really, really bad), part of me wants them to make tRump the Speaker. It would serve that cowardly turd Kevin McCarthy right.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 2:19 AM

r22 They are that stupid, Rolling Stone leaked the story and Eric hasn't said a peep. So basically, the Old Bastard picked the dumb son to do his dirty work and he did it. LOL. Should make for fun testimony before the committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote] Eric and Lara Chump bought burner phones to instruct the insurrectionists on 1/6.

Whoa. I hadn’t heard this either. More info please.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 2:20 AM

Thank you R26.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 2:20 AM

Another development some people missed was Mike Pence and staff ran to their Capitol office when the people outside were chanting "hang Mike Pence" only to find someone deactivated their access badges. They'd been deactivated that morning. Pence and staff had to hide out on a loading dock.

Now who would have done that?

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 2:23 AM

Didn't know that. ^^ Yet, Pence will defend the creep.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 2:26 AM

Okay, that Rolling Stone article doesn’t say the Trump family used burner phones. It says people who were involved in the planning bought 3 burner phones and used them to coordinate with the WH and Trump family and others.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 2:27 AM

r31 It is Eric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2021 2:35 AM

NOTHING will happen to Teflon Don. NOTHING! He and his cunt family plus Miss Lindsey, Miss Mitch and fat ass Cruz WILL GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2021 2:38 AM

"The three sources say Kylie Kremer took one of the phones and used it to communicate with top White House and Trump campaign officials, including Eric Trump, the president’s second-oldest son, who leads the family’s real-estate business; Lara Trump, Eric’s wife and a former senior Trump campaign consultant; Mark Meadows, the former White House chief of staff; and Katrina Pierson, a Trump surrogate and campaign consultant."

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote]The 81.5 million people who voted against him have not changed their minds.

That 81.5 million includes a lot of never Trumpers who aren that happy with Biden. It will be much closer than you think if it's a Biden v Trump matchup in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 2:42 AM

I don't think Joe is going to run again, he accomplished his goal of removing and humiliating Trump.

You must remember 81.5 million people voted against him and that was before 1/6 and the looming SDNY case. His people are very loud but they don't represent America. The "never Trumpers" won't have changed their minds about him. He hasn't changed, he got WORSE. Didn't learn from his lessons, he's grown more bitter and, therefore, more hated.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 2:47 AM

I doubt that R35. The economy will boooom, boooom, boooom by 2024, thanks to BBB and the infrastructure bill.

Every new president takes a popularity nose dive in the first year.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2021 2:47 AM

I agree about the economy. Unemployment right now is 4.6 percent, what will it be in 2024 when the BBB Act has been implemented? 0 percent? COVID will be in the rear-view mirror, hopefully. So how do we screw it up: nominating Pete or Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2021 2:50 AM

Biden said he was running again in 2024? If he lives that long...

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2021 2:58 AM

I don’t think he will run. He will wait utter last minute and then issuing some lame excuse. In the interim, he raises lots of donations and pretends to be relevant. His fans are so stupid they will keep sending him donations.

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2021 2:59 AM

Why can't he just die already?

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2021 3:05 AM

I wonder if Melania will be on board, if (horrors) trump wins in 2024. She hated it the first time.

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] I wonder if Melania will be on board

As long as the price is right, the old whore will be there.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2021 3:13 AM

I wish this fat evil motherfucker would have a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote]We are getting the government we deserve. The masses are asses.

R4. No, we do not deserve Trump. We do not deserve to lose our democracy. The 81 million people who voted--not just for Biden--but for Democrats all over the country do not deserve Trump, the criminal activity, fraudulence, lying, lawlessness and corruption. We do not deserve it.

As exhausting as it is, we must fight, resist and vote against Trump until he is defeated. It will take longer to defeat Trumpism. But first and foremost, Trump must be defeated to cut the head off the monster.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2021 3:14 AM

The good news for Biden is that this is all happening in his first year in office. Yes he could lose the house and senate in 2022 but this economy won't last 4 years. It could be over by next year. Saudi Arabia is going to increase the amount of oil to lower the price. Unemployment is low. Now if we can get those shipping crates delivered.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2021 3:32 AM

The Speaker doesn't get free digs in Washington, r25. I suppose he could bunk on Manchin's "houseboat".

by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2021 3:45 AM

Let's hope pretends he's running until theast minute. That way other Repugs will be too timid to throw their hats in.

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2021 4:02 AM

r46 They are moving, they offered an incentive of $100 per crate; productivity is up 33 percent since that incentive was implemented.

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2021 4:04 AM

Why does he say he can't declare whether he is running or not because of campaign finance rules?

Biden has said he's running.

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2021 5:59 AM

The RNC is paying some of "Mr. Billionaires" legal expenses..Such good Cult Members...None of them are brave enough to stand up against their Leader in 2024. That would be like Goebbels running against Hitler..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2021 6:07 AM

They didn't flip. They are auditing the mass fraud right now.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2021 6:25 AM

46,502, 46,503 We're still counting in Arizona. Damn. I lost track. Back to the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2021 6:28 AM

[quote]The RNC is paying some of "Mr. Billionaires" legal expenses

R51. The RNC is paying all of Trump's legal expenses notably everything being investigated by the Southern District of New York and Trump's tax returns while Trump continues to fundraise off the deplorables--and keep the money all to himself. The RNC is paying for it all. Trump is paying for nothing.

And the Repigs are allowing Trump's grift. He's getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2021 8:00 AM

It’s terrifying to think that we’re one economic recession away from Trump or someone even worse winning in a landslide in 2024. I hope the economic recovery holds out through 2025. If inflation becomes a long term problem over the next few years, they might as well take the Constitution out to a cemetery and bury it because the Republic will be totally fucked.

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2021 8:26 AM

^^I'm as worried as you are. It's disgusting and frightening. Trump must be stopped at all costs. The democracy must be preserved. Even id there were a depression, Trump cannot return.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2021 8:35 AM

'Nothing about this is normal': RNC payments to Trump attorneys irk GOP officials.

Classic Trump grift rule: Never pay your debts with your own money...get others to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2021 8:43 AM

With LadyG by his side, the possibilities are wondrous.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2021 8:47 AM

During 2015, during his campaign...he revealed what a lousy "person" he was, not really shocking...most people had a good idea of that. We first heard about him in the 80's...self proclaimed real estate "billionaire", with his own set of personal scandals...his wives and bankruptcies. You knew he was a huge asshole, but nothing to do with us...unless you were unfortunate enough to do work or associate with him, not getting paid and being fucked over. It was whatever... Now we've seen how we was as potus, seeing there is nothing he won't do and go all out in vindictiveness, ruthlessness...trying to overthrow democracy...even try murder. He is far worse than you can imagine, when he first entered the White House in 2016. You knew he would be bad....but how bad? He is truly evil....a real monster. The worst thing in the WH...even in existence on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2021 12:02 PM

His aspirations are to be like Putin, Kim Jong-un...his heroes. He wants to be a dictator and get away with it. I know...not a light bulb moment, but something to always remember.

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2021 12:08 PM

Trump was hurt the most by his psychotic behavior during the debate when he (and his whole family and staff, apparently) turned out to have COVID. Then he acted like a moron when sick, with weird green screen videos and strange behavior. He looked weak to the people who thought he was their savior.

Then to the people who didn't like him but wanted a Republican in office at all costs, he looked like he was dangerous to the party when he encouraged his followers to stage an attempted coup.

By 2024 some of those people will have forgotten and forgiven, and some other new voters who weren't of age in 2020 will vote for Trump, but I don't think it'll be enough to give him the presidency again. Considering how his health faltered while he was in office, if they do vote him in at age 78 he'll probably die in office.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2021 12:16 PM

Lol at people still thinking we live in a democracy. If you were alive the past 5-6 years and you aren’t completely disillusioned with the two party system, you are beyond help. Red and Blue are actors of the same stage. At this point it doesn’t matter who wins. We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote]Where are the indictments from the Southern District Court in New York?

Uhm, HELLO!

I'm busy going after that danger to society Cuomo!

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2021 12:20 PM

"in 2015, during his campaign... sorry for the clunkiness....lol.

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2021 12:22 PM

I'm too busy going after my own aspirations...governor of New York.

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2021 12:24 PM

He has nothing to offer. When asked in 2020 what his plans for re-election would be, he was stumped. He just wants to win.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2021 12:27 PM

R62. You are wrong. Dead wrong. The Repigs are pure evil, diabolical, lawless, corrupt motherfuckers who want to take away the right to vote for millions of Americans and destroy our democracy with authoritarian rule and corruption.

For whatever faults the Democrats have, they are none of those things.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2021 1:51 PM

So true, r67. People like r62 are—yes I’ll say it—Boris. By saying that both parties are the same, they’re actually trying to foment dissension to the detriment of our nation. Democrats and Republicans are vastly different, and Dems are by far the better choice in this country, and anyone who says otherwise is clueless or has their own agenda.

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2021 2:05 PM

R68 Sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2021 2:07 PM

No way in Hell he won Maricopa County or Pima County. They have been counted multiple times, even his own Cyber Ninjas audit found Biden got MORE votes than the initial count. The California transplants have drastically changed the electoral landscape and the old white people in the sticks are dying off. The "everyone is leaving California" line the GOP pushed backfired.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] Red and Blue are actors of the same stage.

If you're not a Boris and really think that, you aren't paying attention. The two parties are vastly different. One side, the GQP, welcomes fascism and authoritarianism and could care less about an overthrow of our government by tRump supporters and a pandemic that tRump did nothing about when he knew DAMN WELL back in February 2020 (see the Bob Woodward tapes) that many, many Americans would suffer and die from COVID.

Democrats want to bring you healthcare you can afford and roads/bridges you can drive across without fear of them collapsing.

Huge difference R62 but I suspect you are a Boris/GQP troll coming here to stir up dissent and demoralize Democratic leaning voters.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2021 4:52 PM

r62 is, indeed, a troll.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2021 5:02 PM

"The Washington Post reports that the D.A. has convened a second long-term grand jury to hear fresh evidence about the Trump Organization’s “financial practices” and will potentially vote on levying new charges. (It was the first grand jury, which met in the spring, that returned the felony indictments against the Trump Organization and Weisselberg, both of whom have pleaded not guilty.) The new grand jury will meet three days a week over six months and is expected to begin hearing evidence Thursday in Manhattan’s Surrogate’s Court. According to one person familiar with the matter, the new group will likely examine how Trump’s company values its assets; another person familiar with the matter said staffers in the D.A.’s office are working closely with the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James, who had the ex-president’s foundation shut down in 2019 for illegally scamming charities."

-VF

Trump is going down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] This unnerves me no end. We are in serious danger of losing our democracy if that criminal Trump returns.

I’m more than unnerved, I’m nauseous at the thought r3.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2021 5:29 PM

Key words: fresh evidence. The COO isn't getting charged because he flipped and gave fresh evidence. My only bitch is that it's taking too long.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote]even try murder

Try?

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2021 8:16 PM

If Teresa Giudice can serve jail time for fraud, I would think the entire Trump clan can as well. This has bothered me for a long time that they haven’t gone after Trump for tax fraud.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2021 9:16 PM

It’s too soon Biden has been in office only a year… I don’t think he’ll run its a grift

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2021 9:19 PM

Trump will likely win under this strategy. We are well and truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2021 9:21 PM

This already awful country will become uninhabitable for a lot of us next time with these people. It may not be Trump, but I feel like I’m sitting on a railroad track with an unavoidable freight train of right wing doom approaching. So many things to fear, but I think I’m most dreading the return of the bald-faced LIES. The smug lying face of his last press secretary, that blond Kylie or whoever comes to mind. These people are so outrageously awful and get the support of half of Americans. Maybe we deserve the fucking were in for. We’re a nation full of human garbage. Oh, Happy Thanksgiving!

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2021 10:01 PM

Well, the Obama fumes he rode on are long gone. I guess he could blame all his trouble on Biden in 2024 ("I inherited a mess") but how long could he get away with that?

He'd have to assemble the same exact team of lackeys to be able to function. Are they willing to walk back into the fire?

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2021 10:03 PM

While I'm hip to this fuckery, it reinforces the PTSD from last year when I remained unconvinced that this piece of shit on a stick would be re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2021 10:03 PM

R70 you keep discussing the recount, not the audit. Yes, that many "votes" were given to Biden, but a large number of them have been proven to be fraudulent. Not just in AZ either. Proof has come out in several places, Wisconsin being the most recent. Biden didn't legitimately win and soon it won't be able to be hidden any longer.

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2021 7:16 AM

R83. You can't say that without sounding like Mike Pillow on a 4 day crack run.

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2021 8:56 AM

R7 Hitler was a good guy?

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2021 9:05 AM

How many times can he still be president? Just one more turn? Since he already did the 4 years and you can only be w president for 8? Or does that not matter when there's s break in-between the presidencies?

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2021 9:08 AM

It’s the Republicans bigwigs who are going to bring him down not the Democrats. They were shocked that he didn’t want to share the spoils of all the thievery.

by Anonymousreply 87November 26, 2021 9:12 AM

The Orange Fucknuckle already looks embalmed. I honestly think he is very ill, physically and mentally. He’s kept going by a mixture of ambition, malice and spite, but I doubt he will be fit to stand in the next election.

The danger is that he will try to pass his cult over to an equally venal successor, probably one who shares his surname. He’s also a control freakthough, so God knows if he’ll be able to bring himself to do that

by Anonymousreply 88November 26, 2021 9:37 AM

While the bumbling dems are getting mired in nonsense, the repugs are going to win back the house and senate and NOT A SINGLE THING WILL GET DONE from 2022 to 2024. It will be worse than what they did to Obama. They're even talking about installing trump as Speaker of the House and having him impeach Biden

They should have gotten a voting rights bill/laws into effect before the infrastructure bill. But the dems just don't get it. Their plan is to cross their fingers and hope for bigger voter turn out than ever. They also don't get that democracy as we know it is on the line

by Anonymousreply 89November 26, 2021 9:48 AM

R86 Only for one more term. It is 8 years, regardless. If elected, Trump would be the second president to serve two, non-consecutive terms. Grover Cleveland was the first.

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2021 9:50 AM

Orange Musolini is a liar, crook, and couldn't care less who he hurts or dies in feeding his huge, but fragile, ego. He's the pied piper of millions of damaged and uneducated nitwits.

Rupert Murdoch, Zuckerberg, Kochs, Mercers, and legions of others, are responsible for this mess.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2021 10:02 AM

This is supposed to be a well oiled grift machine where a few thousand people divvy up all the billion dollar contracts.

Not just Trump & Jared and their fanboy asskissers

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2021 10:25 AM

R83 is Mike Lindell. What a sad sack you are.

by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2021 2:19 PM

For r86,

“No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.”

So, hypothetically, a Vice President becomes President after one year due to the death of the sitting President, s/he can only run and get elected for one additional term of their own.

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2021 2:40 PM

R83 the only people accused of voter fraud are Trump voters, you fucking moron

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] The Orange Fucknuckle already looks embalmed. I honestly think he is very ill, physically and mentally.

Yup, R88 he is in bad shape physically. People have completely forgotten that he had a really severe case of Covid and was on death's doorstep. We do know there are long term effects from Covid, especially with regard to cognition (and he's already a 75 year old with pre-existing conditions like obesity and long-term stimulant abuse).

I am surprised, however, that he hasn't stroked out by now. His arteries have to be completely hardened.

by Anonymousreply 96November 26, 2021 5:01 PM

I hope he strokes out before 2024

by Anonymousreply 97November 26, 2021 5:46 PM

R94 True that's what the Constitution says. But given his propensity for shitting on the Constitution and not giving one damn about what it says, I would expect him, if he runs and wins in '24, to run again in '28, Constitutional law be damned! He'll "argue" that since the '20 election was stolen from him, he deserves a "re-do" (or whatever BS explanation he comes up with). And the Maga world will rejoice.

If he runs and wins in '24, he'll go full Autocratic on the US.

by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2021 5:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!