Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Buying from International Male

Every gayling loved the pictures, but have you or anyone you know every bought anything?

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 2:18 PM

Yes, in 1989, I bought an electric green tank top and a pair of cuffed denim shorts that had patchwork stripes going down each side.

In 1994, I bought the RAVE GENERATION CD sets 1 & 2.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 10:35 PM

I dated a guy when I first came out who ordered from there. For the most part, I was okay with what he would wear, but when we went to a party and he wore this ensemble of white, puffy pirate shirt with black velvet vest and pants, that was just too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 11:11 PM

What tacky faggot would admit to buying that crap?

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 11:15 PM

Someone who's not afraid to be who they are, tacky or not?

We're all on the same message board, get off your virtual high horse, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 11:20 PM

I am female - I used to do a lot of local theatre. I fell hard for the guy I was partnered with in a lot of shows. He would always act very conservative and carry a brief case - but he ALWAYS carried a copy of the International Male Catalogue. He also doused himself in Grey Flannel. I will NEVER forget a cast pool party for “Brigadoon” - picked directly out of the International Male catalogue - he came strutting outside in eeny weenie electric blue speedos - they had triangle cutouts on the sides and were practically like wearing dental floss - it was SCANDALOUS!!! He looked pretty fantastic! He has been happily married to a man for 30 years. Good Times.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 11:24 PM

I bought one of the Pirate Shirts; one that buttoned, not one that tied across the chest.

I got compliments on it. People thought it was "cool." Also compliments on the balls I had to wear it outside the house.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 11:26 PM

Dear God, no.

We used to call that shit 'butt floss'.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 11:32 PM

I used to buy their Undergear pouch briefs. Very comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 11:32 PM

I still have a few things from the catalog in my wardrobe. Anyone over 55 on here wore something from it because... 1980s

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 11:34 PM

I figured only gay men bought that stuff

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 5:04 AM

I was appalled by any kind of bad taste when I was an aspirational teenager. Then I got my ivy degrees and a lot of career and sexual success and was a looker, and I developed the HOTS for every kind of trashy but hot gay man and their vulgar tacky fetishy cheap apparel. I loved it all, for year. Not on ME, of course. I love tacky German and Austrian gays with their ridiculous fetish gear, and I loved go go boys and shop bottoms and bridge and tunnel queens and the Italia and Black and PR boys way out in Brooklyn. I thought it was all so hot and uninhibited - ON THEM. As a side bar, I loved the lux designer vulgarity too - remember how outrageous Versace was? But it on the right guy and it was hot as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 5:58 AM

Brazilian go go boys. Bring it on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 6:00 AM

I bought a gorgeous white fake fox fur coat from them at least twenty-five years ago and it sat in my closet for over a decade until I finally gave it to my away.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2021 6:01 AM

R5’s story: a tale as old as time.

I don’t know what mailing list my family was on during the late ‘80s, but I remember flipping through the International Male catalog when it was delivered. We got the Victoria’s Secret catalog too. My step-father always made a big production when that one arrived.

I thought IM clothes gave off a cheesy, nouveau riche, eurotrash vibe. Those creepy clothes might’ve worked in Saint-Tropez or the Greek isles, but in San Dimas, you’d be mocked, and rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 10:02 AM

I wanted very much to buys something from the International Male catalog just so I could say I got something from International Male.

Try a I might, I honestly could not find anything in that catalog that I would wear in public. And every time the new catalog came in the mail, I'd look again for something to buy but find nothing.

The pictures always looked great! But I just couldn't see myself wearing that stuff in real life.

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2021 10:33 AM

You had to have a stunning body to pull any of that stuff off

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 2:03 PM

I’m sure I had pants, a shirt and some shorts from IM.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!