Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Magnesium glycinate supplement - any noticeable benefits?

Trying to rehab my knee. Was told Magnesium powder supplement would help joint pain and muscle flexibility. Anyone find benefits from taking this or is it snake oil?

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 5:28 AM

I take magnesium bisglycinate. It is not snake oil. I have reduced joint pain, I take 200 mg in the morning and at night. My sleep is also improved.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 7:52 PM

I had back pain and tried it. Didn't make any difference after 2 months of daily use.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 7:58 PM

Supplemental magnesium is overrated. Whatever it is you’re trying to cure or heal with it, apple cider vinegar will do the job much better. Get the pills off Amazon if you don’t want to drink it. After a month of taking them everyday, you’ll start to feel like a completely different person.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 8:01 PM

Hyland's Leg Cramps on Amazon has been recommended since the early 1960's for more than just cramps. Read the ingredients. It's cheap too.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 8:35 PM

I am giving the magnesium a try for a month in combo with physio and will see if I have reduced knee pain. Thanks for the other suggestions I will research them.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 4:37 AM

my dog takes glucosamine for knee hip pain and issues.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 4:55 AM

What [R6], said. I take 2,000 mg glucosamine daily for my knees. Three weeks ago I royally hosed my knees when I was walking up pedestrian steps to a bridge over Hwy 99 in Seattle. My legs literally gave out as I was walking and I was weirding out. And I still had quite a climb. I am grateful I didn't blow my kneecaps but I can still feel the joints in and around my knees conspiring to send me a restraining order. I think the only thing that saved me was for years I did a roundtrip bike ride of 30 miles.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 5:02 AM

I've been raking glucosamine for years and haven't noticed any pain relief. I keep hoping it will work...but doesn't look like it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 5:15 AM

I also do not have as many foot, toe, and calf cramps on winter nights as my legs make contact with the chilled sheets. I take 5000-10000IU of Vitamin D3 a day, for which magnesium (glycinate) is a recommended accessory supplement

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 5:20 AM

I’ve taken magnesium glycine test supplements for months and have noticed zero effect. However, because we don’t usually get enough from diet alone and most people are low (and half of people with migraines are low in Magnesium, and I have a history of migraines), I’ve continued to take it as a nutritional supplement.

But I tend to think it’s most likely snake oil like most supplements.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 5:24 AM

R3 and R4 what is/are the supposed benefit(s) of apple cider vinegar and the Hyland stuff?

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 5:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!