Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Arbery verdict imminent

They're in the courtroom now.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2021 11:04 AM

Guilty!!!

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 5:37 PM

Travis M guilty of malice murder.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 5:37 PM

But…but…what about his toenails?!?

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 5:38 PM

Guilty on all counts. Yes!

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 5:39 PM

A black audience member had to be removed for misbehavior.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 5:39 PM

Greg M guilty felony murder.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 5:40 PM

Guilty...thank god there's some sanity left in the world.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 5:40 PM

Guilty!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 5:40 PM

The other guy might get off.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 5:40 PM

Wm Brian Guilty felony murder.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 5:41 PM

First guy all guilty, the second guy all but first count, third guy guilty on all but the first two counts not guilty of assault count 6 but guilty of count 7 and guilty on all the rest.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 5:42 PM

Now that's a just jury.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 5:42 PM

Weird haircut guy looks scared...and he should.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 5:44 PM

Once again, Georgia gets it right. Too bad Wisconsin has become a MAGA shithole--maybe we should build a wall around Madison.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Very glad to hear this. That jury did its job with a complicated case of all those defendants and charges. And the judge didn’t make a spectacle of himself.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 5:48 PM

I swear if these guys had gotten off, I’D have rioted and I’m a pacifist.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 5:49 PM

The defense’s strategy of trying to strike all of the black jurors didn’t work out so well, did it?

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 5:50 PM

That prosecutor is a star. She very simply, very forcefully laid out the facts and let them speak for themselves. She never once screamed "racism" or played politics because she didn’t have to. Very smart.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 5:53 PM

I agree with R18. I think we would have seen a very different outcome with Rittenhouse with a different prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 5:56 PM

Good news. I find live verdicts so captivating, even the voir dire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 5:56 PM

The jury wanted to wrap this up before Thanksgiving. As Maxine Waters says, they were found guilty, guilty, and guilty.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 5:56 PM

This case was so open and shut obvious, if they had been acquitted, we would've deserved whatever happened after.

Jogging in a white neighborhood isn't a crime. This was a lynching.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 5:59 PM

Finally, a victory for human decency in this world. I was beginning to think there wasn't any left.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2021 5:59 PM

Armery was not 'jogging'. He used it as a way of scoping-out properties to burglarize.

They should have waited for the Police. Too many people are trying to take matters into their own hands, with tragic results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote]I think we would have seen a very different outcome with Rittenhouse with a different prosecutor.

Not so sure. The Judge was clearly working for the defense and the third guy who was shot should have conveyed that in his mind he Rittenhouse was a threat him being an active shooter.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 6:02 PM

Best news I've had in ages! And, as usual, I see it on DL first.

I commend the judge in this case for staying reasonable and maintaining his judicial demeanor throughout some batshit racist actions by the defense. You know these three will appeal, and the judge's actions will make that very hard for them.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2021 6:03 PM

Mr. Arbery,like so many in thesew situations,was actually a thieving piece of shit with a criminal record. He was no more "jogging" than the man in the moon. However,those fucking idiots had NO right to do what they did.Justice was served,but lets see how fast the lawsuits start flying from the family .Ghetto lottery dont ya know. 2 weeks ago,before the race baiting preachers rolled into town,there was about 6 protestors .Once those racist fucks rolled in,next thing you know its a thing. I know,because this is literally right up the street from me. Notice how its ALWAYS the criminals that get killed and they make into saints,yet the hard working father of 3 or the college student with the bright future that was killed by one of their own dont even get a mention. So sick of the hypocrisy in the black community.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] I know,because this is literally right up the street from me.

Wow, I’m so shocked after that erudite post of yours that you’re from this racist piece of shit town !

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 6:13 PM

Oh here's that POS Reverend Al speaking who MSNBC employs and who has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 6:20 PM

Al's neck looks like it can barely support that freakishly large head.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 6:23 PM

Thief. He was shot because he grabbed the gun. Self-defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2021 6:23 PM

Why is this site being overrun by KKK members?

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 6:25 PM

All our covert and overt racist trolls - SO TRIGGERED! And right before the Thanksgiving when they'll be doing some dressing up in white sheets with the rest of their redneck families.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]Before the day of his death, Arbery had been spotted on surveillance footage inside the construction site of a Brunswick, Ga. house owned by local homeowner Larry English. Residents of the community had reported crime in the Satilla Shores neighborhood, including thefts of belongings from English’s boat and a gun from Travis McMichael’s unlocked truck.

[quote]Neither of the parties asserted any evidence tying Arbery to either crime, and English testified that he never authorized the McMichaels and Bryan to confront people on his property.

[quote]During opening statements, a different attorney for Travis McMichael framed the case as one about his client’s “duty and responsibility” to his community. The three men claim to have had probable cause to suspect Arbery of a burglary and wanted to execute a citizen’s arrest.

[quote]Defense summations followed the same template, adding a refrain that sometimes “duty and responsibility” is “intertwined with heartache and tragedy.” McMichael’s lawyer depicted his client’s actions as an unanticipated escalation of his effort to hold Arbery long enough for the authorities. He argued that his client was right to be suspicious when Arbery ran away from the property and would not speak to him.

[quote]Defense summations fell shortly after the prosecution systematically tore into the citizen’s arrest claims. A citizen’s arrest, prosecutors noted, only can be effectuated when a felony is committed in front of you or takes place within your immediate knowledge. For the latter, Dunikoski compared immediate knowledge to a person watching security camera footage in real time at Walmart and seeing an offense occur. Prosecutor Dunikoski said that Arbery was a “lookie-loo” on English’s property—a misdemeanor, at most, she said. Glynn County police Officer Robert Rash testified during the trial that he would have let off Arbery with a warning.

Sorry Redneck Fucks, I wouldn't talk to your ass either if you came up to me in a public place and demand to know what I'm doing. No matter how many guns you buy to make up for your microdick, you're not a cop.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2021 6:26 PM

Thank God. I hope those disgusting motherfuckers are locked away for life with no parole

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]Sorry Redneck Fucks, I wouldn't talk to your ass either if you came up to me in a public place and demand to know what I'm doing. No matter how many guns you buy to make up for your microdick, you're not a cop.

I wouldn't answer them either if they approached me like that...but I suspect that because of the color of my skin I wouldn't have been shot.

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2021 6:29 PM

Arbury's father is a remarkable man... just wow... he has my respect.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2021 6:32 PM

R27 also hates that Ahmaud Arbery had long dirty toenails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2021 6:39 PM

I hope they all get the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2021 6:48 PM

Not suprised with this verdict just as I wasn't surprised with the Rittenhouse verdict. They both make sense given the evidence and the charges. Everyone is such afanatic these days. They only look at cases through the lens of their politics so verdicts are right and wrong purely for political reasons.

Interesting that progressive who support bail reform, minors not being tried as adults and the end of the death penalty completely reverse their positions when the "other side." is involved. It's kind of comical.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2021 6:51 PM

The problem with the Rittenhouse case wasn’t the trial; it was Wisconsin law. The prosecution has the burden of proof. They must prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was not self-defense. Very difficult.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote]They both make sense given the evidence and the charges.

Horse shit. KKKyle got off because the judge and jury were part of the klan.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2021 7:07 PM

Those boys thought they were home and free for the first year or so thanks to the racist DAs in their county.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2021 7:09 PM

A mostly white jury correctly convicted these three white men. At some point people will have to stop claiming that everything is "systemically racist".

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 7:16 PM

R44 how about the fact that this crime was covered up for months and that public pressure was required to get this fat fucks arrested?

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Exactly r45. This case came so close to not even seeing the light of day. And those assholes came very close to getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 7:24 PM

Two things can be true at once.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 7:26 PM

I was afraid r24 and r31 were two different racist dirtbags, but blocking the first made the latter disappear, so fortunately it was just the same racist dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2021 7:34 PM

The Jogger:

"Court documents introduced by the defense now contradict this narrative and not only show that Arbery had a long criminal history in multiple jurisdictions, including a widely reported incident in which he brought a gun to a high school, but that he was actually a well-known burglar and shoplifter known locally as “the jogger” because he would use jogging as his alibi when questioned by police, or as a facade before, during, and after committing a crime.

“On October 23, 2018, Burke County reports and Burke County officer bodycam video reveal Mr. Arbery and two juveniles were confronted in a vacant mobile home by the Burke County Sheriff’s Office,” a portion of the court documents read. “Mr. Arbery Ran when confronted by the authorities. He was later caught and lied, stating he was just out running.” Arbery was later charged with obstruction in connection with the case.

In the months leading up to his death, Arbery was once again investigated for crimes centered around jogging when a string of convenience store robberies put him back on the radar of police.

“In 2019 and 2020,” the documents read, “local convenience store witness interviews reveal Mr. Arbery became known as ‘the jogger’ for his repeated conduct and behaviors of running up, stretching in front, and then entering several convenience stores where he would grab items and run out.” According to the documents, Arbery became violent on several occasions when confronted about his criminal behavior.

“In 2020, witness cell phone video reveals Mr. Arbery was confronted at a convenience store by employees about his theft conduct and behavior. Mr. Arbery, cornered about his thefts, chose to fight a man who worked on the location…”

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2021 7:36 PM

Except r31, there was no evidence he stole anything you jackoff. Blocked as well—racist and a dum dum.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2021 7:37 PM

I don't care what he did... the law does not lie in hands of three bubbas with a pick up and shot gun. There is no whatabout here.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2021 7:38 PM

May they all get gangbanged and fisted in prison.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2021 7:39 PM

[quote][R44] how about the fact that this crime was covered up for months and that public pressure was required to get this fat fucks arrested?

Or how the defense tried to stack the jury by eliminating people of color. Or how the one defense attorney wanted to ban black pastors or how the other felt "long dirty toenails" would resonate with the jury.

After today's verdict I'm actually feeling like there may be a tiny bit of hope for rural Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2021 7:40 PM

[quote] Horse shit. KKKyle got off because the judge and jury were part of the klan.

Why would the judge AND the [bold]entire jury[/bold] (laughable on its face) being klanspeople care about a case in which one white guy killed two other white guys and injured a third white guy?

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2021 7:45 PM

Because they dead white guys were Allie’s against police brutality of POC r54.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2021 7:52 PM

R54 Why were white Freedom Riders attacked?

White people protesting on behalf of black people will be looked at with disdain.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote] The problem with the Rittenhouse case wasn’t the trial; it was Wisconsin law. The prosecution has the burden of proof. They must prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was not self-defense. Very difficult.

There is nothing wrong with that law. It places the burden where it belongs - on the government.

That is the law in many other places and it is the law in my jurisdiction - D.C.

African American defendants benefit from this law as well.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2021 7:55 PM

Self defense laws need to be changed. It is a legitimate thing to defend yourself. But the use of deadly force is very, very seldom necessary for that. If you are pursuing someone, it cannot be "self defense." When you are holding a gun against an unarmed person, killing is not self defense. You could argue self defense for shooting someone in the leg to keep them from attacking you, but killing them? Reasonable force is supposed to be reasonable...

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2021 8:03 PM

I agree with R27.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] You could argue self defense for shooting someone in the leg

SMFH.

Have you learned nothing from the numerous threads we’ve had here? Do you think you’re in a TV fucking western?

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2021 8:12 PM

Such looong faces at Fox "News." They were rooting for racist killers - kind of says it all.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2021 8:38 PM

^ Really? LOL. That's so awesome.

Granted, there will be disappointed graphics and music people at all the channels and networks, now they don't get to use the Thanksgiving Riots creative.

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote] I agree with R27.

Sure you do, Drive-By Right Wing Troll. This is your only post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2021 9:08 PM

Those guys terrorized and killed him. Unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2021 9:10 PM

The racist shitstain here should go back to talking about which fatties he finds attractive.

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2021 9:11 PM

Finally, justice...unlike Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2021 9:39 PM

Self defense situations are usually very fast moving scenarios and you use what you have and you aim where you can. It's very easy to sit at your keyboard in a calmly and dispassionately dissect these events as if people really have that kind of luxury.

The Rittenhouse videos should be all people need to know to see how it all went down. Including the earlier videos of how crazy and violent Rosenbaum was behaving and directing that rage at Rittenhouse.

Often by the time you have to use self-defense you could already be injured or incapacitated or even just disoriented and there is often a strength disparity between the attacker and the attacked. Stronger people or people with their adrenaline pumping to the point they want to attack you are usually working off a surge of power.

None of the people who attacked Rittenhouse were unarmed. Not even Rosenbaum who was trying to get that gun. A man who had been acting violently erratic all night and had focused on Rittenhouse, this young looking and not very strong teen, to the point that he threatened to kill him if he got him alone. You want to take your chances that he just wanted to get your gun to clean it for you. The naivete is amazing here.

Even if the Wisconsin law had been different, Rittenhouse's situation would have still met the self defense laws in any state because he retreated at least three times in that scenario until he could retreat no further. Two of those attackers (Rosenbaum and Huber) tried to wrest his gun from him which in and of itself is grounds for self defense anywhere.

Thankfully Rittenhouse had a good common sense jury who didn't try to suggest he pepper spray his attackers in the leg.

by Anonymousreply 67November 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Someone shoot r27. Shoot to kill.

by Anonymousreply 68November 24, 2021 9:57 PM

All three of those filthy rednecks had convinced themselves they we're going home today...lol.

The looks on their faces as the verdicts we're being read was priceless. They found out, that just because you're a white man in AmeriKKKA, shit ain't gonna always go you're way.

That white privilege card declined Hard today.

LOL!

Three Bubbas headed for a life of misery.

Good Riddance.

by Anonymousreply 69November 24, 2021 9:59 PM

I haven't followed it that closely but I think there's one who may get a lesser sentence.

by Anonymousreply 70November 24, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote]I haven't followed it that closely but I think there's one who may get a lesser sentence.

They were all convicted of Felony Murder, which in GA has a mandatory life in prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 71November 24, 2021 10:10 PM

R63–I have thousands of posts.

by Anonymousreply 72November 24, 2021 10:13 PM

[Quote]I haven't followed it that closely but I think there's one who may get a lesser sentence.

R70 Travis McMichael, the one who pulled the trigger, was convicted of malice murder. He won't be eligible for parole at all (unless it's reversed on appeal).

The other two, convicted of felony murder, will be eligible for parole in about seven years. That being said, the average person who is actually granted parole will have spent about 25 years in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 24, 2021 10:30 PM

Jury is filled with self-loathing whites. Woke. Political. Hopefully re-trial.

by Anonymousreply 74November 24, 2021 10:35 PM

Ahmaud finally gets justice. May he rest in peace. Amen.

by Anonymousreply 75November 24, 2021 10:40 PM

"Let's disbar this motherfucker!"

(Background voice directed towards the defense lawyer while discussing the outcome of the case.)

(It's at 2:27 of the clip.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 24, 2021 10:47 PM

Kevin Gough's law firm is not a white shoe one, rather a white sheet one.

by Anonymousreply 77November 24, 2021 11:22 PM

Not by a shadow of a doubt, R41, but by a reasonable doubt.

by Anonymousreply 78November 24, 2021 11:32 PM

Ex-prosecutor Jackie Johnson charged with obstructing police, violating oath of office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2021 4:58 PM

R73, thanks for the deets. That's about what I heard that what they were shooting for was a parole eligible sentence.

by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2021 5:14 PM

Oh, but you should care, r51. If Aurbrey had been stopped and properly prosecuted for his criminal activities years ago, perhaps he'd still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2021 6:33 PM

All those WWs for R51. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2021 6:35 PM

R81 and R81: Go shove your cocks up the barrels of your guns. Confident they're small enough to fit.

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2021 7:17 PM

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2021 7:18 PM

Make no mistake these guys were emboldened in their racism and actions by the former lardass in chief. He made these types think this was okay and they'd get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2021 8:31 PM

Due to the corruption, they almost did.

Had this video not gone viral, they would’ve gotten away with it.

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2021 8:57 PM

R74 is a self loathing white.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2021 11:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!