Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does it seem like on average, gay men are more mentally stable compared to lesbians?

I’m a lesbian myself and this is wracking my brain. It seems like all lesbian academics are insane radicals who also don’t have their personal lives in order. At least most gay male academics that I see are poised and articulate. A lot of times when I hear a lesbian giving a speech or talk they just sound deranged. I just saw that post someone put on here about the lesbians who murdered their autistic child. What the fuck! I’d like to have some answers about this because it makes me feel demoralized and like I’ll be forever alone.

There’s also the lifestyle side of things where I observe that there are a lot of lesbians who do not have their lives in good shape. Bad jobs, poverty, and emotional instability seem to plague lesbian demographics. Every one of my gay male friends are really well put together, have good jobs, and are great friends.

Anyone have answers to this?

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2021 6:09 PM

I'm blocking this thread and I encourage others to so the same. Don't feed the troll.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 6:30 AM

I’m not a troll… I literally would just like to hear some takes on the topic. But block away, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 6:32 AM

"I’m a lesbian myself and this is wracking my brain."

A lesbian named George Glass by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 6:43 AM

[quote]I’m a lesbian myself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 6:44 AM

R1, R3, and R4 are the delusional lesbians that I’m talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 6:45 AM

"[R1], [R3], and [R4] are the delusional lesbians that I’m talking about."

And what we all have in common, is you. So you are apparently a "sane lesbian" who finds other lesbians less mentally stable than gay men.

How's that working out for you, George?

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 6:47 AM

I know plenty of unstable gay men.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 6:51 AM

No, I think lesbians are less neurotic and don't spend all their time looking for multiple loads over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 6:52 AM

You just have to take a fucking gander at the L Chat and compare it to here to get a glimpse at how ridiculous lesbians are. They have close to zero sense of humor and have an autistic-like lack of understanding of the world.

Does anyone want to offer any answers as to why it is that lesbians on average do not nearly equate the same level of capital and accomplishment that gay men do?

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 6:53 AM

"Does anyone want to offer any answers as to why it is that lesbians on average do not nearly equate the same level of capital and accomplishment that gay men do?"

It's your premise. Why can't you do it?

Other than you being a full of shit troll I mean.

Isn't this what you want, though? Attention?

Let's all pay attention to another pathetic little freak troll on Datalounge.

They are just so THIRSTY!

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 6:58 AM

[quote]Does anyone want to offer any answers as to why it is that lesbians on average do not nearly equate the same level of capital and accomplishment that gay men do?

Does anyone want to offer any answers as to why you're a sad little troll, OP? Do your parents have an explanation?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 7:01 AM

OP, it's the BTQ+ freaks and all their BULLSHIT, that is making lesbians and gay men look unstable. Gay men and lesbians are coping with new waves of homophobia on a regular basis, and it has taken a huge toll on the stability of gay people, because BTQ+ are continually wrecking the former gay community that was built by LG. Everyone has their problems, and not all gay people get along with each other obviously, because we still have our own personalities etc. But at the end of the day, when it was just LG, we could always trust and rely on that, and we could always trust and rely that LG didn't question biological sex and sexual orientation. We could also rely on knowing that LG knew what gay rights was truly about, and none of us LG had to go around fucking the opposite sex or trans in order to appeal to BTQ+ and straight people who use BTQ+ to spread gay conversion therapy from inside our own community.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 7:06 AM

R8 that's called men being men. Gay men are men. We don't need to force ourselves to stop being horny to make others who aren't male feel better. Healthy men are horny.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 7:13 AM

I’ve noticed that too with lesbians and ESPECIALLY, More than any group bisexual women, it’s tiny because lesbians and bisexual women are a million times more accepted by society than gay or bi guys, you would think that would make them more stable

Gay men are more mentally stable than bi guys, bi guys, and I’m one myself so I can say this, are pretty screwed up and use gay men to their advantage, their actually pretty similar to bisexual women in that regard, their mostly bisexual just for the sex but can only have REAL relationships with the opposite sex

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 7:25 AM

Shit, we are all unstable gay or lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 7:31 AM

Real Lesbians are NOT unstable. In fact, most real lesbians are very stable and successful people, at least compared to gay men who had a new midlife crisis every 5 years (myselr included).

Unfortunately the Lesbian community is getting watered down with fake queer women, with blue hair and bad dress.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 7:34 AM

The L have long embraced the T insanity and now they have to permanently bend over backwards to solve the cognitive dissonance between "I love women" and "EVERYONE is a woman if they say so." This issue naturally affects lesbians more than men. Also I have the impresion that lesbians are on average more political and less hedonistic than gay men, which also means they are constantly policing themselves and others concerning what to say and think. Gay men less frequently openly detest women than lesbians detest men in general. Insufferably humorless, judgemental and overgerneralizing people exist among gays too (people who only smile on promotional pictures and apart from that are not content if they haven't made everyone's lives miserable), but I have encountered them considerably less often in the wild.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 8:04 AM

is this "Black" millenial new account??

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 8:07 AM

I'm lesbian and a serial killer with a triple-digit body count. Why are gay men so polite well-mannered while most lesbians are insatiable murderers? I also never shut up about transpeople even though they're just something millennials fabricated on tik tok.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 8:19 AM

In my experience, butch dykes are cool. If there is a crazy lesbian, odds on she will identify as “femme”.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 8:22 AM

OP, you stupid cow. If you changed lesbians and gay men with certain colors, you would be banned for life. Do you understand what a nut case you are.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 10:42 AM

Minority stress + female neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 11:11 AM

Many lesbians rose to the occasion during the AIDS crisis, caring for the sick. In general, all women make less than men. It's more about gender than orientation.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2021 11:11 AM

Humorless and they talk everything to death. Everything has to be processed.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2021 11:14 AM

R1 is right and I don't know why you guys engage with people like OP.

How do you guys not notice that the lesbian-bashing posts start up at the same time every night as the anti-trans posts?

Sometimes the anti-transers will point to these Why Lesbians Are Awful threads and say this is another example of how gays hate lesbians, but a couple of times I've noticed the "lesbians are awful" people are ALSO the "trans are harming lesbians" people. Seems like it's just trolling to be divisive.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 11:17 AM

As an example of what I was talking about at r25, the person who recently posted the "Let's revisit the Let's Be a Lesbian Thanksgiving threads!" which was almost entirely about making fun of lesbians, is ALSO the person who posted the anti-trans thread about the Canadian Kraft Peanut Butter book about pronouns.

That Kraft thread also already has replies about "only women would have come up with this trans pronoun shit, men are better than women and smarter than that."

I can't tell you WHAT is going on with the anti-trans trolls also being sexist and making fun of lesbians, but it's happening, and I'd bet you cash money OP is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2021 11:22 AM

“Gay men less frequently openly detest women than lesbians detest men in general.”

So not true. There is so much misogyny among gay men.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2021 11:43 AM

OP is not a lesbian and its claims are 100% straw man arguments. Straight women, especially the white ones, are all Karens and cunts. Straight men are blech, no need to qualify those fuckers. Gay men are not wired to be stable or monogamous. That means lesbians are the only group capable of having a long term stable relationship. Almost all the lesbians or FTM trans I have known over the years have ALWAYS been in relationships or ready to jump into another one. They are the only group that is unlikely to be single for very long. Most lesbians are assholes but few of them are legit mentally ill whereas gay men are always assholes and hugely likely to be severely mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Gay men here adore Islam and blacks. That’s not stable.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 11:52 AM

R13 "Healthy men are horny".

Tell us about it.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 12:27 PM

"Mentally stable" is not a term I'd use to describe the majority of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2021 12:29 PM

R30 not all gay men got HIV you homophobic cunt. HIV isn't a gay man's disease. Heterosexual men have fucked around and been promiscuous since the beginning of time too.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 2:36 PM

R27 calling out fucked up females who think they have the right to treat gay men like their fucking property and that think they have the right and power to try and make gay men bisexual, isn't misogyny you stupid cunt! It's called not being a door mat pushover and having respect for oneself! There a lot of fucked up females who think they rule the world and can turn any gay man, and there is a whole fucking history of gay men worshiping females and femininity and it's still going on, and it's because majority of gay are still suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2021 2:47 PM

They're not really lesbians. They're really scorned straight women who can't attract decent men. Of course, someone is going to be unstable if they're not true to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Lesbians are unstable because they've never had good sex...scissors doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2021 3:16 PM

R35 Needs to share his 2 inch rock hard micro-pene with the lesbian world. That'll turn em.

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2021 4:01 PM

I think a lot of lesbians have a hard time accepting that they desire women, and feel guilt and remorse over it because they compare it to how men desire women, and how much (unwanted) male gaze and attention has affected other women and often themselves as well. I've seen radical feminists call out lesbians for looking at women sexually, and I've seen lesbians say that they would be fine with separating themselves in women only spaces like locker rooms if their same sex attraction made straight women uncomfortable.

That kind of conflict would make anyone unstable.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2021 4:44 PM

As a gay man, I'm really not understanding all the lesbian hate going around here. Yes, I've met some potentially mentally ill lesbians, but I've met just as many (if not more) mentally ill gay men. Mental illness doesn't discriminate against sexual orientation, age, race, or gender identity.

It's the same thing with trans people on here. I've only met or known about two handfuls of trans people in my real life, but all but one of them were lovely. Stop thinking the psychos on Twitter speak for an entire group of people. The craziest ones are always the loudest, because people speak over them to keep them from poisoning everyone around them.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2021 6:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!