Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you buy these candles for $150.00 each?

My Aunt loves high end candles and I want to give her a really nice one with a long burn one. These are about 120 hours and all of them are handmade. I don't know much about candles but I do know my Aunt likes a more natural and a non toxic type.

Candle queens, do these seem like good ones?

A true statement piece. This extra-large version of our original hand-crafted ceramic vessel has three wicks, 11% fragrance potency, and a 120 hour burn time. With beautiful illustrations of Blue Stallion Farm, it’s a stunning choice for those that love a BIG candle moment. The soy wax blend formula naturally releases fewer toxins than traditional candles.

Choices Cashmere Flora - Featuring notes of: Dewy Lilac, Lavender, Orange Blossom Cypress - Featuring notes of: Cypress, Lavender, Basil Vanilla Roast - Featuring Notes of: Vanilla, White Amber, Honeysuckle Nardo - Featuring notes of: Nardo, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Musk View scent guide here.

Features Essential oil-based fragrance composition with 11% potency delivering scented luxury This potency is nearly double what typical candles offer 100% Cotton wick 120 hours burn time Not tested on animals Includes exclusive Blue Stallion collector box Soy wax blend is hand poured into matte raw ceramic vessel Country of Origin: Mexico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 5:43 PM

Sorry this should have been quoted.

[Quote] A true statement piece. This extra-large version of our original hand-crafted ceramic vessel has three wicks, 11% fragrance potency, and a 120 hour burn time. With beautiful illustrations of Blue Stallion Farm, it’s a stunning choice for those that love a BIG candle moment. The soy wax blend formula naturally releases fewer toxins than traditional candles.

[Quote] Choices Cashmere Flora - Featuring notes of: Dewy Lilac, Lavender, Orange Blossom Cypress - Featuring notes of: Cypress, Lavender, Basil Vanilla Roast - Featuring Notes of: Vanilla, White Amber, Honeysuckle Nardo - Featuring notes of: Nardo, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Musk View scent guide here.

[Quote] Features Essential oil-based fragrance composition with 11% potency delivering scented luxury This potency is nearly double what typical candles offer 100% Cotton wick 120 hours burn time Not tested on animals Includes exclusive Blue Stallion collector box Soy wax blend is hand poured into matte raw ceramic vessel Country of Origin: Mexico

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 2:41 AM

Your aunt much prefers this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 2:42 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 2:45 AM

r2 = Greg

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 2:45 AM

OK, I'll be the first to say it: OP must have money to burn!

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 2:47 AM

Only if I really liked them and I was a millionaire!

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 2:49 AM

Thing from The Addams Family would love this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 2:53 AM

120 burn time and 56oz and it's a 11% fragrance potency. Most candle are mostly 6% I've read. I've been looking around and excellent candles this size run $100.00 $200.00.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 2:55 AM

Why don't you send me one and I will use it and let you know if she would like it?

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 2:57 AM

The holiday price is suspect, IMO. $100 discount ($250 to $150) for the holidays? If it were a really good product, they wouldn't need to lower the price like that. Christmas is when people actually spend too much money. A further 15% off with a promo code. I suspect they always have a promo code.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 3:00 AM

If you have that money just buy her diptyque and call it a day. More name recognition if you’re a candle lover and high quality.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 3:08 AM

r10, with the 15% off it takes care of all the tax and 1/2 of the shipping. It would $153. 00

They don't always have promo codes but during the holidays they pop up more.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 3:09 AM

A 7oz Diptyque candle is $70.00 in a plain-ish glass container. That's $10.00 and oz. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 3:20 AM

NO. You don't know the size. the weight could be the "raw ceramic" holder. Plus, its UGLY. And what is "soy blend" is it 100% soy or not?

GO TO A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE AND BUY A BIG CANDLE. Or buy a well known name brand. IDIOT.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 3:23 AM

Buy a Jo Malone or Byredo candle if you want to impress with a name. Both have reliably good fragrance.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 3:26 AM

Will it smell like My Vagina?

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 3:28 AM

Who makes a good bayberry candle? They used to be ubiquitous at this time of year but now it’s all “Christmas scent” crap.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 3:32 AM

1) Get her a gift card to candle delirium. Huge online site and maybe the biggest candle store on earth? She knows what she's looking for better than you.

2) If you want to pick a candle for her, go to the candle delirium website and look around. then call the store and ask their opinion in terms of what she wants (non toxic), what she likes, and what you're willing to spend.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 3:35 AM

Soy candles burn faster.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 3:35 AM

one other thing. that website is really shitty. they're not offering deals on anything. Everything is overpriced, by a lot. They seem to sell a lot of off brand stuff you could find for a fraction of the price elsewhere. im a pretty compulsive online shopper and I've actually never heard of that site, cant imagine how you found it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Is this our friend the Chinese "Tiffany" Lamp Stan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 3:47 AM

Unless your aunt is extremely wealthy, I don’t think it’s a good idea. If I received such a gift and looked at the price, I would feel very uncomfortable as it sets an inappropriately high expectation for gift exchanges beyond this point.

Your heart might be in the right place but it end up being more trouble than it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 4:05 AM

Diptyque always have fabulous Christmas edition candles. You can’t go wrong with this brand. If you want to go even higher end, try Cire Trudon candles. They were the official supplier of the French royal household. You might find it difficult to get hold of them if you’re outside of the main metropolitan areas though.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2021 4:23 AM

No. They're not attractive and they're made in Mexico

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2021 4:53 AM

You sound a cheapskate OP.

The only appropriate candle for DLers is ‘Mary’ at an affordable $830.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 5:26 AM

r25, thank you! I just bought it!

There are some nice items on that site.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2021 5:40 AM

Tacky, overpriced candle range with basic scents. If you want something extra special then Cire Trudon are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2021 5:55 AM

[Quote] Tacky

Really? How so?

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 5:56 AM

As P.T. Barnum said .......

[italic] There's A Sucker Born Every Minute

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 6:01 AM

Buying candles as a gift for someone is like buying wine, perfume or cologne. Unless you know someone's personal preference stick with a gift card.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 6:04 AM

Only if they come in Iced Gingerbread and Winter Candy Apple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2021 6:12 AM

Thanks everyone! Even the cunts who cunted in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!