Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Change All The Rules To Placate The Mentally Ill

The Trans activists need to make everything about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 7:26 PM

It's interesting though - if you are the best actor, shouldn't you be the best actor against everyone else, not just those of your sex? I can see an argument for this.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2021 6:54 PM

But these aware technically aren’t gender based they’re sex based. Male and female are terms for sex, not gender, right?

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2021 7:01 PM

R1 Awards, competitions, everything, etc divided gender to incorporate diversity. So that both men and women could win because at one time not too long ago, men and women were the only genders that existed. Even trans people identified themselves from those 2 choices.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 7:04 PM

This will just lead to men winning every single award. Most of the extreme trans stuff is harmful to women, but nobody gives a shit about women anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 7:06 PM

The Trans want to dominate women everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 7:08 PM

R4 And that’s the issue. The trans movement is out to change rights and policies made for women.

Black people, gay people, people who fought in the civil rights were not looking to alter laws and policies that were going to harm others. They were looking to integrate to be equal.

Trans fighting for equality means a compromise of women losing their equality.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 7:09 PM

From Twitter:

The Brits announcing they’re removing gendered categories is a GREAT step forward. If the Oscars separated the Best Actor award into “Best Black Actor” so black folk have more of a chance of winning to ME that sounds offensive, I don’t want “Best Black Actor” I WANT Best Actor!

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 7:13 PM

Let's just give all the awards to BIPOC/indigenous trans-actors and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 7:16 PM

I’d start by saying all awards shows should be abolished because they’re fucking stupid but the logic here is sound. Why should you only be compared to your own sex, or gender, within your field.

Secondly and separately, if it did turn out to be the case that only men were winning if this was changed, then that would expose the judging panel for whichever award to be totally biased and thus expose the entire award system as being redundant. So this suggestion by trans people is really a challenge to existing systems to see if their own judging groups can manage to operate free from any kind of sex or gender based bigotry, not even specifically related to trans people. All of these awards are worthless imho. And how embarrassing for anyone to pay attention to industry awards that are not in their own line of work.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2021 7:28 PM

Singling out one person as "The Best" is violence. It makes everyone else feel bad because they aren't "The Best." Even changing the awards to "Outstanding" instead of "Best" is still unacceptable. So none of the others gave outstanding performances? They need to unlearn their competitive drives, and learn that all performances are worthy.

Refusing to agree with me is murder. How many more performers need to commit suicide over awards? So far there have been zero that I can name, and that is TOO MANY!!!

/s

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2021 7:45 PM

All 10 acting nominees will be men, with a Meryl and Kate Winslet thrown in every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote] This will just lead to men winning every single award.

Why would it lead to men winning every single award? In this genderless utopia, everything would be a mishmash of genders and non-binaries so you won’t even be able to keep track who won what. You would just know one PERSON won that award that year.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote]if you are the best actor, shouldn't you be the best actor against everyone else, not just those of your sex? I can see an argument for this.

Exactly! And about time! Only a couple decades too late. Why should your genitalia dicktate what you are best at? If you are Best, Be Best, regardless of your genitals. You shouldn’t be best actor with vagine, you should just be Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2021 8:02 PM

The AMPAS wants to find another reason to alienate its audience who have been tuning out in ever greater numbers for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2021 8:13 PM

"Talented women will likely miss out on awards, all because Sam Smith can’t decide whether he’s a tea pot"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2021 8:17 PM

Well Op there was a time when LGBs were considered mentally ill (& in some places are still considered as such) so folks in glass houses...

LGBs have try to make such wide ranging subjects such as NASCAR, Oreos, Mel Gibson (who is straight & has no interest in putting gay butts in theatres), the Oscars (where even to this day most films as far as topics go have nothing to do with us) as well as boy bands, Barbie & female fashion products/designers (Gucci bags, etc.) marketed to young hetero females, etc. The list goes on & on.

Why should the trans folks be any different then any other minority in making all things about themselves?

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 4:20 AM

As soon as I read the word "folks" I already know that I meed to take whatever that person is saying with a grain of salt.

Trans need to learn to make /their own/ space, just like we did.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 4:29 AM

R17 Our spaces (like "gay bars", "gay neighborhoods" etc.) are now merging with hets.

Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2021 4:36 AM

So many trans performers were left out of the Oscars. Let's see there is....um....ah.....well.....never mind.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2021 5:08 AM

I only watch the Oscars for the acting awards. Fast forward thru the rest. Having just 2 would kill the show even more than it has been.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2021 5:09 AM

STUNNING AND BRAVE.

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2021 7:19 AM

The trans cult wants to get rid of the category of "women" along with women's rights. They don't want to admit the obvious: it wasn't that long ago that the world "men" was supposed to represent all people, as in "all men are created equal" because women weren't considered equal, and we all know how well that worked for women historically. The trans logic is old fashioned misogyny with a new woke language attempting to erase gains in women's rights. Trans politics is another attempt to erase women in a very old-fashioned historical sense. That's why old conservative money supports it behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 8:37 AM

Wouldn't it be more "affirming" for the trans loons for an M2F to win best actress? And an F2M to win best actor?

I mean not that any ever will, as most M2F can't pass at all, goodness knows what their onscreen acting skills would be like.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]it wasn't that long ago that the world "men" was supposed to represent all people

Interestingly, in its original sense it DOES mean all people, and only became associated with males over time.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 6:38 PM

Peaceful coexistence is violence against my repulsiveness.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 7:10 PM

So by their standards would Hilary Swank still be allowed to do Boys Don't Cry?

The real Brandon Teena was a woman with no surgeries etc.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!