Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Here we go….

I’m over it already!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 11:48 AM

If the worst thing about your day is someone wished you a merry whatever and you don't happen to celebrate it then who fucking cares?

But also the dumbfucs who get triggered at happy holidays and fel under siege can go die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2021 12:02 AM

I just watched his videos he works for the LBTQIAA+, not the gay community. His ideology revolves around what women think about things.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2021 12:05 AM

Ugh - this is way too much.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 12:30 AM

That man is always wounded by something; I 7sed to follow him but git so tired of it. It's all he posts, all day, every day: how YOU have wounded HIM OR OTHERS by YOUR hateful, willing ignorance.

He's an insufferable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 1:02 AM

Me, I'm always happy when anyone gives me sincere good wishes for anything. If they have good, kind intentions, I'll receive their good wishes that way regardless of whether I celebrate a given holiday.

Or I could be a bitter, loveless cunt like Miss Fall and use it as an excuse to lash out.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 1:23 AM

I just don’t understand how he can maintain this level of righteous fury all the time without having an aneurysm. How is he just not utterly exhausted by 3:00 PM each day?

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 1:27 AM

The message was about making people feel welcomed, accepted, etc. I don't know how people feel this goes too far to by suggesting saying Happy Hanukkah to Jews or Happy Holidays. Nothing in his message was about "a woman's POV" either.

Is it really so much to ask ?

I shouldn't ask really, as many of you on here do not respect us, or like us. We're still good enough to wish you Happy or Merry Christmas though, when we inow you celebrate this holiday. Some of us even give you Christmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Because, R7, not everybody knows whether a given person is Jewish or not.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 1:32 AM

It must be exhausting constantly looking for ways to be offended.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2021 1:35 AM

R7 How the hell would we know if someone is Jewish? I guess the only solution is to not speak to others in public, period.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2021 1:37 AM

R8 You must NOT have read his full message: he said "the Jewish people in your life" that would imply your familiars. He didn't say not to say Christmas either, just that those who only say that shouldn't be offended when one replies that they don't celebrate Christmas.

I have no idea who the man is, so cannot account for anything else he has said previous to the linked message. It seemed like a harmless message. He also added we do jot want to take away from the joy of Christmas, when we tell someone we don't celebrate it.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 1:39 AM

It's sad people ate offended by this. Should we lie, and just faie smile and PRETEND we're Christians? I'm sure some Hindus and atheists say thanks, but we don't celebrate.... What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2021 1:42 AM

There is an arrow to click and advance the message... there were perhaps 7 or 8 (maybe more) different images that continued the message. To all those offended, please read the message in its entirety.

Shalom, and Merry Christmas Christians, and all the best wishes for the New Year!

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2021 1:45 AM

It’s a harmless message in itself, but in the grander context of BP’s general output, its yet another post in his never-ending universe of posts that mechanize worthwhile (and not so worthwhile) causes into promotion for one of the most narcissistic online personalities around. He is the particular brand of person that infuses every issue with a certain type of nervous or paranoid / passive aggressive energy that results in arguments every time. The comments on his page are always an absolute shitshow, and I think this taints the (sometimes valuable sometimes not) things that he talks about. He’s in so deep in his “I have to post about this and save the world” persona that he can’t come back from it. It’s a whole mess. An absolute M E S S.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2021 1:56 AM

A Jewish friend of mine had a clever way of dealing with it. Whenever someone would wish him Merry Christmas, he'd respond, "Happy Hannukah!"

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2021 2:03 AM

People speak Spanish to me all the time when I'm out shopping, because they assume I speak Spanish. It doesn't bother me, but maybe I am missing an opportunity to get outraged by it?

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2021 2:05 AM

R10 Please read my reply to R8. It isn't a matter of it being a guessing game. The point is to tailor your message, if you know Jews. It also would be good practise, and polite manners to not assume we are all Christian. Assuming we all are is guessing as well.

Save the Christmas Greeetings for those you know celebrate.

Happy Holidays IMHO is great, as it includes Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, NYE, and New Year's Day. It's a no brainer for me to personalise my greetings. Then I go for the generic-all inclusive Happy Holidays for those I do not know well, or well enough.

We're not trying to take the Christ out of your Christmas either.... just to gently remind people of the other holidays, other faith traditions, and the lack there of. Just because we do not believe as you do, doesn't imply we don't respect you, or your traditions. It's a two-way street.

I'm not doubting this bloke could be annoying to some, but the message is good.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2021 2:08 AM

Some of us with Christian indoctrination in our background get sick of the time between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I moved to a rather Jesus-y city some years ago, and my workmates were so aggressively Christian, I started telling people I was Jewish so they'd leave me the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2021 2:18 AM

I wish pretty much everybody "Happy Holidays," first because I live in NYC and one never knows what religion someone is. But I also do it because I'm usually saying it to people I won't see between Christmas and New Year's, so that's two holidays I'm wishing will be happy for them.

FYI, I'm an atheist and at various times when I've had health issues or other troubles, I've been told "I'll pray for you" or "I'm keeping you in my prayers." On these occasions, I knew it was meant kindly and so I thanked the person who said it. But that's because I'm not a cunt who thinks the entire world revolves around me.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2021 2:24 AM

R18 Mad respect to you.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2021 3:16 AM

I was wished a Happy Holiday by the clerk at Walgreens - I don’t celebrate anything - and now my day is RUINED! Why can’t we just ignore everyone?!

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!