Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Like Blue: Joey's Story

I know some of you had to see the previews of this musical in New Haven. It had some really catchy music but I'm a bit foggy on the song titles and lyrics.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 6:55 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2021 9:38 PM

“Where’s Mama?” Was a heartbreaking tune.

BTW, OP, you type fat.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Joey's "The Shapes That Aren't Circles" is right up there with I'll Plant My Own Tree.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2021 9:41 PM

How many times they talk about Liza's troubles

How many visits to rehab have we suggested?

It's always Mama or Sissy, Joey.

They never remember - I WAS MOLESTED!

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Azure Skies, sung by a chorus of hovering nelly angels and set to the image of a limp Judy hoisted off her death toilet and reeled up to heaven, was probably the most polarizing number. Some in the audience had tears in their eyes, but I found it treacly, especially the aerial choreography with each angel giving Judy a peck on the cheek as they lifted her to that cheap baby blue cotton cloud.

Also, who the fuck thought Frankie Grande could carry the show as Joey? So glad he didn’t make it past the previews.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2021 9:48 PM

Bedazzling in Sissy's Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Mean Sissy, Drunk Sissy

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 1:38 AM

“Am I Blue?” Was the show-stopper.

Just Joey standing in front of a window in a red light district of Amsterdam after he heard someone say that Judy was last seen next to a can of Dutch cleanser.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 5:29 AM

Lorna is insisting that the "I Was Molested" song have several reprises all through act 2.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 6:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!