Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christina was always throwing shade at Britney! Always

This isn’t even everything. Christina has come for Brit numerous times. And Brit always takes the high road. Queen. Unlike that trashy bitch Christina, who has made more enemies in the industry than she can keep track of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2021 8:25 AM

Christina is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2021 3:13 PM

Yeah Christina is a bitch. And Britney’s crazy. Que sera sera and all that.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2021 3:47 PM

Xtina threw shade at everyone. She threw shade at Eminem and made him cry like a bitch. She's a legend for that in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 11:42 PM

The prostitot war years!

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 11:43 PM

Christina Aguilera better switch me chairs so I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst and hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 11:45 PM

Xtina can actually sing.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 11:53 PM

And yet sold less than half of Britney’s albums

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 12:02 AM

...and Britney started copying that. The difference is that she always wanted to keep the cute image and now it fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 12:06 AM

Christina can sing though she goes overboard. Britney can't sing at all. Now, Britney had better charisma, a better personalty and had a better marketing team and heavy promo. Christina had to fight to get her debut close enough to her vision but once she got the creative control, she mishandled her career just like Madonna and Gaga did.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Christina was only able to make the CDs the way she wanted with Stripped and Back to Basics. Then the label wanted something more dance music and pop and that ruined her career - although Bionic and Lotus went gold in the US. At the time of her last CD, Liberation, she commented that she was finally able to do what she wanted again, but the audience that listens to music via streaming did not die of love for her.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 12:22 AM

Lmaoooo Bionic was 100% her idea

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 12:36 AM

She managed to put some elements that she liked into the album, but it was all done just the way the record company wanted it, same thing with Lotus. At the first press conference for Liberation, she talked about it, that she had finally managed to make an album the way she wanted it again, that's one of the reasons the album is called LIBERATION!

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 12:50 AM

R12 and that’s a lie. She was 100% behind it. She’s even said so over the years.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 12:53 AM

Christina would not even be compared to Britney if they had not been on the Mickey Mouse Club together and around the same age. If Britney didn't become a big star. Christina likely would have still been successful. She recorded Reflection for Mulan in 1998. The film was released months before Britney's breakout single ....Baby One More Time came out. She was lining up to do a adult contemporary R&B style album in vein of Mariah Carey. But Britney's surprise success had Christina's label push back her debut album to make it sound more dance-pop. Christina's debut was originally going to predate Britney's but the delay had Britney's debut first. Thus Christina got wrongly accused of being a Britney clone. I can only imagine how bitter that made Christina but I've never had the impression that she blamed Britney for any of it, she seemed more angry at the execs.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] vision but once she got the creative control, she mishandled her career just like Madonna and Gaga did

Madonna—despite being obnoxious and over exposed—had an enormous career that surpassed most people’s expectations. She’s such a control freak that she deserves the credit for her successes, not just her failings.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 11:03 AM

Madonna is from a different era. So is GaGa. Madonna came in the 80s leading into the 90s with Janet, Debbie Gibson, Cyndi Lauper, Whitney, Mariah etc.

Britney and Xtina came out in 1999 leading into the 2000s with Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, Pink, Beyoncé etc.

GaGa came in the late 00s leading into the 2010s with Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Kesha, Adele etc.

Three different eras of female pop tarts.

Christina didn’t get a record label until after Britney. Her Mulan song didn’t do well.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 11:03 AM

"Christina didn’t get a record label until after Britney. Her Mulan song didn’t do well. "

Not true, reply 16. She has a record deal right after she recorded the Mulan theme. At that time Jennifer Paige was doing success with Crush.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 8:20 AM

Lol, I've been a fan of both and Britney was throwing shade too.

Xtina's greatest beefs were with Pink and Kelly Osbourne, she barely paid attention to Britney.

But she did write a letter apologizing to Britney, back in 2004 or 2005, I remember that being on newswebsites,so I guess she matured better than Brit.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2021 8:26 AM

Get over it fat Moonface Ewwdwin in Brooklyn. God how many accounts do you have now you fat turd.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Squatters

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2021 9:28 AM

Madonna had creative control from the very beginning. She didn't like Reggie Lucas' mixes. She had Jellybean remix numerous tracks to her satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2021 9:30 AM

Madonna definitely didn’t mishandle her career, there’s a reason she’s the biggest female pop star of all time and was among the top 10 selling artists worldwide for THREE different decades, 90s, 90s and 2000s, she may have FINALLY fallen a bit post 2010 but those 25 years of dominance are unheard of in pop

Hell even in the 2000s, Madonna’s new material was selling more than Christina at her peak worldwide

It’s crazy

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2021 9:39 AM

^^^^^

Stop lying troll, Christina sold 14+ million with her first album, Madonna was nowhere near close such numbers in the late 2000s.

Stripped came out in late 2002 and sold 11.5 million , American life which came out in 2003 sold less than half of that number.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2021 9:48 AM

R23 huh?

Music in 2000 sold 15 million and Confessions on a Dancegloor sold 23 million in 2005-2006, THE biggest selling album worldwide of the year And Ray of Light sold between 17-20 mill in 1998

FACTS are your friends

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2021 9:52 AM

R24 here , I met Confessions sold 12 million not 23 million in 2005-2006

In fact Madonna had TWO albums Music and Confessions among the 50 best selling albums worldwide of the 2000s and Christina had ZERO

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2021 9:57 AM

Troll she sold less than five million with American life and that album was PRETTY SUCCESSFUL compared to her 2010s career, Meanwhile Stripped released less than six months sold more than 11.5 million.

Lets not even mention that also increasing her millions between the first and second album Christina also released two dvds, a spanish album, a Christmas album, a remix album and Just be free, the denied album.

This means Christina sold at least some 27 million cds/dvds around the world from late 1999 - mid 2004.

Was Madonna selling those numbers back then?

The answer is no, and was she ever close to selling 14 million in the late 2000s Like Christina had done in the early 2000s? Hmmm... NO!

Christina also had the most lucrative female tour of the year 2007,even though Rihanna and Beyonce were getting more attention than her by that point.

Of course she is more successful than Britney and Christina combined together overall, but she wasn't individually doing better than them in the 2000s

Plus Britney, Christina and Mariah are the only three female artists to have a video of 90s, a video of 2000s as well as a video of the 2010s with more than 100million views each.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2021 10:07 AM

*less than six months before.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2021 10:08 AM

Oh and there is quite the difference between 17 million and 20 million, that estimation is skewed if you can count 3 million more or 3 million less sales.

That would be like me saying that Christina sold 14 million in her first album, but maybe it was 16.5 million instead.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2021 10:10 AM

Mary J. Blige on Aguilera: 'I don’t like her because she has a nasty attitude. I was trying to greet her properly and she stuck her hand out at me for me to kiss it. Britney Spears can’t sing like you, but she will go farther because she knows how to respect & treat her people.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2021 10:14 AM

I think Xtina has many psychological issues because of her father. I think he beat her or her mom or something. Maybe even rape was involved…

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2021 10:15 AM

R28 again fuckwad, not including Ray of Light, Madonna sold 47 million albums during the 2000s worldwide based off her NEW material, 4 studio albums and 2 greatest hits

Christina sold 19 million worldwide that decade with 4 albums, 2 studio albums, 1 Spanish language album and 1 Christmas album

Because I’m so nice I’ll INCLUDE Christina’s 14 million selling 1999 debut and her 2010 4 million selling Bionic which increases her sales to 37 million worldwide , still 10 million LESS than Madonna at the period with both 6 albums apiece counted

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2021 10:20 AM

R31 and Madonna was announced at the #2 selling female artist worldwide of the 2000 after Britney, the #3 top grossing touring artist of that decade and #1 woman and the #1 top selling singles artist that decade male or female in the US and worldwide

She bested Christina in EVERY conceivable measure of commercial success from 2000-2009, Christina’s “peak” period

Unheard of for an artist who released her first record in 1982

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2021 10:26 AM

Madonna had her heyday in the 80s and 90s. She still was big in the early 2000s but she was at legacy act level by then. Christina, Britney were younger and more in with the younger crowd. Mariah and Gwen Stefani were in their 30s and still had popularity in the mid 2000s. But by the time Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Katy Perry got in. Madonna, Mariah and Christina were fading. Britney had a comeback from 2008 to 2011.

That said. Christina and Britney never had a real rivalry. That was an invention of the media and fans. Christina doesn't see Britney on her level of talent. Christina was more competing with Beyoncé and Kelly Clarkson.

Britney and Timberlake had a rivalry because they were about the same talent wise. Both were in dance-pop. They both were Janet and Michael Jackson clones respectively.

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2021 10:27 AM

How come nobody has mentioned that Christina is flopping with her Spanish material RIGHT NOW.

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 10:29 AM

R33 again Madonna’s Confessions album outsold Mariah’s comeback album worldwide in 2005-2006

Madonna was like a rash you couldn’t get rid of

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2021 10:29 AM

Heeheheh R31 you must come from troll land Bionic sold nowhere near 4million copies, it sold something like 1.8 million or 1.5 million copies, Lady Gaga was the one who sold 4 million with The fame album and that was one of the most successful albuns of the 2nd half of the 2000s

No wonder you think Madonna sold 40 million in the 2000s and that Ray of light sold 20 million.

You must get your info from crazyfan dot net; and while of course Madonna sold more than the double of Britney's and Xtina's numbers combined together, you'd also have to be crazy to believe that any of them two would ever want to switch places with Madonna back in 2001/2002/2003/2004, they were doing better than Madonna.

Yes Madonna is richer, yes Madonna has the greatest legacy, but the period between 1999 - 2005 was better for Christina and also much better for Britney than for Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2021 10:30 AM

R25 Madonna is still popular worldwide. But the thing is. Europe and Latin America love dance music. They are also less ageist too. The mainstream media was sick of Madonna and mocking her by the time. Mariah was bigger in The US in 2005. I agree that maybe this thread is very American centric.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2021 10:32 AM

R36 I don’t know. Madonna delivered American Life back then which was way ahead of its time but gets more recognition now.

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2021 10:32 AM

R33 and Madonna was STILL putting up decent numbers in 2008/2009 selling about 8 million albums between Hard Candy and her 4th greatest hits Celebration and selling about 10 mill singles with 4 minutes selling 6 million alone worldwide

That’s 18 million records sold between 2008/2009 for Madonna

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2021 10:33 AM

Jokes are based on truths. Christina's skankiness is well known. Britney, in the other hand, I feel sorry for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2021 10:34 AM

R39 Only old queens with disposable income were checking for in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2021 10:35 AM

R36 here’s Madonna’s worldwide 2000s album sales nimrod

Music 15 million

GHV2 7 million

American Life 5 million

Confessions 12 million

Hard Candy 4 million

Celebration 4 million

That’s 47 million albums sold that decade second only to Britney among female artists in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2021 10:35 AM

Two hasbeen overrated bitches still competing for the same piece of pie.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2021 10:37 AM

Could give a shit about Madonna. Came here for deets on B/C feud. Leaving unsatisfied...

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2021 10:38 AM

Lol wut?

Then how come that song Give it to me was such a flop even compared to songs such was Jump which weren't even that popular back then?

Are you seriously trying to convice me that Madonna was selling more than Lady Gaga in the late 2000s even though the world clearly only talked about Gaga back then?

Any Gaga song of that era such as poker face,paparazzi,love game,just dance received THOUSANDS of better attention and more radio play than any song from hard candy.

Now you've got me wondering if Madonna actually ever sold 300 million copies or if it's her fans inflating her numbers.

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2021 10:41 AM

I respect Madonna for her hard work and longevity but after 2005. She started sucking. She already went downhill after Ray of Light as Music and American Life were mediocre in comparison and she regressed in maturity. Confessions was a good comeback record but she jumped the shark after and all she does is copy trends instead of start them. She became a joke to anyone under the age of 35.

I know this will piss off some. But I would say Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga and Taylor Swift took elements of Madonna, Janet, Britney and Christina and perfected it to have longevity even into the 2020s.

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2021 10:43 AM

R45 NOBODY is saying Madonna was outselling Gaga in the late 2000s, we’re saying that she outsold Christina worldwide (collectively) and every other female artist bar Britney during the ENTIRE 2000-2009 decade

Which is astonishing for an act that debuted in 1982

It’s a statistical fact and not an opinion

Madonna’s Music and Confessions albums were among the 50 top selling albums worldwide of the 2000s decade, Christina had NONE on the list

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2021 10:47 AM

People anticipate what Gaga, Beyonce, Tsylkr Swift and Rihanna put out. They are the last of the pre-streaming era. And are still more popular than Olivia Rodrigo, Doja Cat, SZA, Dua and Billie Eilish who the industry pushed hella hard. I would say only Ariana Grande has potential to be as big as the pre-streaming acts.

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2021 10:48 AM

*Taylor

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2021 10:49 AM

Nope R38 the album received plenty of attention back then with songs such as American life and hollywood which were successful, then there was also that flop called love profusion which was still far more successful than anything Christina and Britney released after 2015.

Yep, impressive that Madonna Career had lasted some 20/21 years already by that point, Christina and Britney certainly didn't have that in 2019; but back in the 2000s songs such as fighter/beautiful and Toxic were doing better than Madonna's songs.

Sure, Madonna did surprise us with confessions on a dance floor, but that was more of a last breath than a tendency.

Yep Madonna had a fabulous career, now stop trying to make it sound like it was actually more fantastic than it was.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2021 10:50 AM

American Life was Madonna’s one big failure in the 2000s which the same two Christina stans keep bringing up but they forgetting how big Music and Confessions were and even Hard Candy had solid commercial success at decades end

Don’t get me started on Madonna’s massive touring numbers on the 2000s either

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2021 10:56 AM

Nope is not a fact, it's impossible that she sold 8 million from 2008 - 2010 without outselling Gaga, because even Gaga herself never sold 14 million in a single album like Christina did.

And Gaga's fans were trolling EVERYONE back then, because Gaga was the most important singer of 2009 just like Alanis Morrisette was the most important singer of 1996.

Heck, even Beyonce was doing better with her 'I'm Sasha Fierce' era back then. Yes I remember her big Hard Candy tour in 2008/9 but even then, I got a crazy fan of hers to agree with me that she was flopping already.

Madonna did better than Christina in 2006 when confessions sold a lot more than Back to Basics, but the case remains that Oldonna didn't sell at least 27 million copies from 1999-2007 and Christina did.

She also didn't do as much publicity stunts as Xtina and Britney did in the early/mid 2000s.

You could also come here and argue that her career is a lot more iconic than Katy Perry's but that would never mean that she was doing better than Katy back in 2011 or 2014.

by Anonymousreply 52November 28, 2021 11:03 AM

R52 again Hard Candy sold 4 million worldwide, #9 big selling album of the year worldwide and it sold more than Janet and Mariah’s 2008 albums. COMBINED worldwide

Her 2009 4th greatest hits album Celebration sold 4 million worldwide as well.

That’s 8 million between those two albums and about 2-3 million sales in the US alone

I don’t know what Gaga sold since I don’t follow her, I don’t hate her or anything, I’m assuming that she sold more than Madonna at that time but I never really followed her

by Anonymousreply 53November 28, 2021 11:08 AM

No one gives a shit dumbass op, they're both yesterday's news.

by Anonymousreply 54November 28, 2021 11:09 AM

Nobody on this thread is denying Madonna's success and longevity. But by the 2000s, she was mostly a legacy act supported by her fans. She enjoyed her early 2000s success because she was so iconic and the public was still interested but she was nowhere near the peak of popularity as the 80s and 90s. The mainstream media was more focused on Britney, Christina, Gwen, Kelly Clarkson and Alicia Keys by this time. Madonna was aware of this and started getting popular producers like Timbaland to get her hits. She got really desperate at this time.

by Anonymousreply 55November 28, 2021 11:10 AM

R55 Madonna appeared on more magazine covers than any of those girls you listed during the 2000s, she could fart and get media attention

She was also Forbes #1 earning money making female artist of 2000-2009, Celine Dion was #2 of all people and Beyoncé #3

Madonna was NOT sweating these newer girls especially when she was still moving boatloads and f albums, when people still bought albums, singles (Billboard magazines -#1 selling singles artist of the 2000s) and especially concert tickets

Was she a legacy act too? Absolutely but her Music and Confessions albums in particular were just huge commercially

by Anonymousreply 56November 28, 2021 11:16 AM

Back on topic. Britney had the better production team. While her early teen pop albums were inconsistent and quite dated and forgettable aside from the singles. Britney's three albums of the later 2000s: Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale were impressively high quality and aged well. Glory wasn't bad either and had a nice laid-back sound.

Christina needed to listen to her producers. I respect she is opinionated and tries to get things her way but that doesn't mean she's always right.

by Anonymousreply 57November 28, 2021 11:50 AM

Britney dropped the ball on Britney Jean. It was low effort and she didn't bother to sing on most of the songs. The leaked demos of her struggle-singing around that time didn't help her either. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way because it showed a lack of professionalism to use a ghost singer. Many pop artists have backup singers but that's different than not singing on the song at all.

by Anonymousreply 58November 28, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote]C'mon Tina, boo, you know how I do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2021 12:02 PM

Christina had TWO big selling albums in her whole career, her 1999 debut and her 2002 follow up, I count big sellers as albums that sold 10 million or more worldwide

Madonna had TEN 10 million plus sellers in her career, 4 in the 80s, 4 in the 90s and two in the 2000s

Her longevity was ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 60November 28, 2021 1:48 PM

R60 here, mess at people trying to say Christina was bigger than Madonna globally in the 2000s because Christina had ONE album that outsold a Madonna album released around the same time, Striiped sold 11 million and American Life only (for Madonna standards) 5 million

But wait Ray of Light and Music both outsold Christina’s biggest seller her debut album

And Confessions on a Dancefloor sold almost double what Back to Basica sold…

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2021 1:54 PM

We need to throw Vadge stans, Janet stans and Britney stans into a colosseum and watch them fight to the death.

by Anonymousreply 62November 28, 2021 6:31 PM

Christina may look down on Britney because she isn’t as talented, but she always envied Britney because she was always the bigger star, had bigger tours and outsold her in every way, minus singles for their early career.

Britney has sold more than double the amount of albums that Xtina has.

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2021 8:06 PM

R51 American life is art. It’s sounds and themes are still relevant today and it’s better than anything Gaga, Britney and Xtina have ever released.

by Anonymousreply 64November 28, 2021 8:49 PM

You'd probably even defend that rap.

by Anonymousreply 65November 28, 2021 8:50 PM

R65 The rap was awkward which is exactly why she did it…..

by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2021 9:02 PM

Yes, I knew you'd try the "faux naive" card.

by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2021 9:06 PM

Xtina is and always was boring and lacked the intelligence to be a bitch. Her vocal control (evident at times) serves a poor, thin vocal instrument and always-dubious taste.

Aguilera is the kind of woman who still farts loudly around people, giggle-laughs and then name-drops someone else higher in the hierarchy whose farts smell "even worse."

Britney, who I never could listen to or watch (please) at least is quirky, slippery but authentic from one disconnected moment to the next, and obviously capable of atrractiing massive amounts of attention without even singing one note. Sure, she's objectified and disordered and recognizes the existence of no other person, but at least she's unaware of what that usually means to someone's spirit.

She's the kind of woman who would pull her underwear down and struggle to get a tennis ball up her cooch as she sits on the floor in front of when and, when she noticed the look on your face, she would say, "What? And if you sputtered she would say, "A real friend would pitch in and try to help me with this instead of making me feel, like, weird."

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2021 9:13 PM

R68 Britney is vulnerable, dim and cute. Like Bambi basically. She creates a caring response in men and women, children and adults. Her early marketing was as this lolita sex doll. Which now is disgusting and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2021 9:21 PM

Why are female pop stars always pitted against each other? I don't see Timberlake vs Usher threads or Prince vs Michael Jackson threads here. And I yes I know gays tend to follow female artists more but it's also odd so many of these artists have a unique sound and image that couldn't be compared either.

by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2021 9:30 PM

R70 Usher vs Timberlake was a legit feud. They almost got into a fist fight years ago at a club.

Prince vs Michael has been a thing since the 80s. Eventually it was Prince vs MJ vs George because they all were dominating.

by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2021 9:57 PM

The thing is R56 you used the world NEVER and said there never was a time when Christina was selling morr than Madonna.

That's a lie, she was selling more than Madonna in the 1999-2004 period even if she started selling less after that.

And we don't even need to be talking about Christina.

We could be talking about Britney, Alanis,Avril, Rihanna,Beyonce,lady Gaga,J-lo,Katy Perry or Hannah Montana, ALL of them had a period where they were getting more air play or selling more than Madonna, as brief as those moments might have been.

Singers such as Hilary Duff,Nelly Furtado,Dido,Jessica Simpson, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch, Nikki Minaj,Kelly Clarkson probably did not, but they were not on the same league as Christina, Britney, Mariah....

No one stays at the top 100% of the time, and this is true even when it comes to Madonna.

And even in the 1980s when she was more popular than she would be in the 2000s Madonna wasn't alone, she was facing competition from Cyndi Lauper and Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2021 1:12 PM

Madonna’s biggest competition was Janet.

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2021 2:37 PM

Christina, Timberlake, Beyonce and Britney were all trained from childhood for the stage. But they weren't trained on Broadway or went to art school. Just pageant shows and county fairs. Star Search and Mickey Mouse Club. They aren't educated in the traditional art sense. They were groomed to be performers not musicians. That's why they are more flamboyant and lacking in substance. The entertainment industry molded them. Once they stopped making money and getting older. The industry pulled the plug on them for younger manufactured stars.

Madonna and Janet willed themselves as adults and had to work hard for their careers. Janet had the connections already but she needed to cut out certain people like her family to get a hit album and stand out. Madonna rubbed elbows with everyone in NY art scene and joined bands and performed at clubs for years. They had longer careers because they were smart and had creative freedom. They both ran their course and declined in quality but they had their legacies cemented.

by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2021 9:21 PM

Britney was molded as a Madonna and Janet clone with some Spice Girls, Robyn and a dash of TLC and Aaliyah too. Christina was molded as a Mariah clone but also took from Britney and Madonna. Timberlake a clone of MJ and Usher and later Prince. While Beyoncé was a clone of Donna Summer, Diana Ross and Tina Turner. They were all pastiche not originators. But they will even acknowledge it though... Well except Christina, she's never been humble.

by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2021 9:30 PM

They took their shots at Britney (and others) too R40, but that reminds me of the MADTV parody of "Beautiful", regarding her "Dirrty" image. It's not the height of sophisticated comedy, but it definitely makes its point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2021 9:41 PM

Their parody of BOMT was funny. It’s one of the few music video skits of theirs I found funny. Because it was so true. They really marketed 16 year old Britney as a Virgin school girl sex kitten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 29, 2021 10:00 PM

Nothing original about Madonna, she was always copying Marilyn Monroe and admitted to copying Cyndi Lauper.

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2021 8:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!