Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do people wear masks wear you live?

I'm in Florida. In offices they do. In stores the employees do. The customers not so much. At social gatherings not at all.

I wear mine all the time for solidarity with Los Angeles where I used to live.

by Anonymousreply 211April 19, 2022 8:03 PM

Most do indoors. The exceptions are anti social types not worth thinking about.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 9:42 AM

In Spain, yes: "The use of face coverings continues to be mandatory for anyone over the age of 6 years old on all forms of public transport in Spain, in any enclosed space open to the public, and outdoors where social distancing of 1.5 metres cannot be observed." This is scheduled to continue to Spring 2022. From observation, use is bars and restaurants is more relaxed where before it was more strict in wearing masks while not eating or drinking. The vaccination rate is >90% of people over 12 and eligible; there's no grandstanding of anti-vaxers.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 11:47 AM

I live in Western Mass. Most public areas here are still under a mask mandate.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 11:48 AM

In Chicago, there is still an indoor mask mandate, and people are complying with it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 12:04 PM

Oh deer.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 12:07 PM

There is not a mandate here, but it really just depends on which part of the city/suburbs you're in.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2021 12:11 PM

SMH

Posting "here" without your location is pretty much useless

I'm in Manhattan and everyone is wearing masks indoors, in supermarkets, etc.,

On the street, not so much, maybe 20%, 25% of people

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Not in Michigan. They haven't since the CDC said the vaccinated don't have to back in May. The CDC later reversed its stance, but the masks didn't go back on here.

The result? Michigan is now a disaster area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2021 12:20 PM

In Manhattan and have observed same thing r7 has. Biggest offenders on subways not wearing masks are wealthy looking white men and young white women.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2021 12:26 PM

Morris County, NJ here.

I wear masks where I have to, obviously. My nail salon requires masks. Last Saturday, a woman walked in with her teen-aged daughter. The daughter had a mask on but Mom didn't. Mom asked for a better mask for her daughter and the salon gave her one. But the Mom spent her time in the salon WITHOUT a mask! No one said anything to her either. They workers are Asian and Hispanic and probably don't want to be confrontational.

I don't always wear a mask if it's not required in the store. I'm fully vaccinated. Honestly, I think it's peer pressure in that I don't want people to think I'm NOT vaccinated because I'm wearing a mask. I guess that's stupid.

I received both Pfizer shots at my local Walgreens. Earlier this week, I received a call from the NJ Dept of Health, letting me know I'm eligible for a booster shot.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Miami

I only wear a. mask when I have to (Uber/Lyft). Most people aren’t wearing masks, it’s mostly the elderly.

I’m back to working in the office, Monday & Friday we can WFH, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday in office. My company requires every employee to take a pcr rapid test on Mondays to be cleared to work in the office. It’s given onsite or your can go to somewhere close to home. You have to submit the results to HR.

Unvaccinated employees have to wear a mask at all times and all employees must provide proof of vaccination.

I’m vaccinated and had the booster 2 weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Miami (cont)

Employees in stores, restaurants, post office, etc are always masked. Customer usually are not.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 1:00 PM

Well ... Texas. So, no. Not for months, really. I find myself relaxing my caution, having gotten the booster and a flu shot about six weeks ago. I would definitely wear a mask in crowded situations, but I have the luxury of mostly being able to avoid them: shopping on off-hours, not shopping on weekends, etc., no need to use public transit. Yes, I am a proud eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 1:00 PM

Depends on the business/organization here in Connecticut. My local coffee shop informs us that you must wear a mask if you are not vaccinated, which I believe is the official skinny. Other businesses have removed signs altogether. Generally it seems half the people are wearing them, half not. The libraries continue to require masks.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 1:20 PM

In Miami.

I don't even notice if they do or not. I do. I always will.

Honestly however, I no longer care if others do or not.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 1:25 PM

It should be vax or mask. I’m over this bullshit. And LA is ridiculous. No law enforcement stopping all the young black males robbing and killing though. (This is fucking fact, so don’t @ me with claims of “racism”). Yet masks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]No law enforcement stopping all the young black males robbing and killing though.

But are the criminals wearing masks?

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 1:58 PM

It's interesting because in June once many people were vaxxed, you definitely saw a noticeable number of people in supermarkets without masks on (rule was only unvaxxed needed masks) but even with boosters, everyone seems to be keeping them on and I wonder when that will change.

(In Manhattan though in-laws report similar in Essex County, NJ)

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2021 2:01 PM

Here in NYC most places only require you to wear a mask if you're unvaccinated. You only have to wear a mask regardless of your vaccination status in doctors' offices, hospitals, and public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2021 3:05 PM

I'm in Los Angeles. Masks are required inside unless in a food/dining/bar establishment while eating, and those require proof of vaccination. Outside, not usually. People tend to keep their distance. Of course, there are jerks everywhere that don't or that act like it's a brand new day and what's this thing called COVID?

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2021 3:07 PM

Where I live, everyone wears masks indoors...unless they're a fat and/or scuzzy looking white guy.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2021 3:42 PM

The Michigan Dept. of Health and Human Services today issued a "face mask advisory" for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. No teeth to it, though, and I doubt whether it will move the needle much on the vast majority of residents who don't wear masks anywhere. Michigan currently leads the nation in covid cases per 100,000 and hospitals are feeling the strain.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2021 5:44 PM

I live in Brooklyn and in my neighborhood most people are not wearing masks in the streets.

I’ve noticed the same when I go into Manhattan for work.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2021 6:00 PM

Portland, OR people are wearing masks inside public places. WA and OR have mask mandates throughout both states.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Ohio. I’m usually the only person wearing a mask anywhere. The one exception is the Giant Eagle grocery store that has a sign asking customers to wear a mask. The employees there all do, and I’d say about half the customers comply as well. The others stores, drugstores and restaurants, forget it.

This is the state that thought electing Jim Jordan was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2021 6:50 PM

Indoors there is a mask mandate still in place. Most people comply. The ones who don't are usually pontificating about their rights or "following science" or whatever mantra they regurgitate. Or sometimes people from out of the area who don't know. Last night there was a surly French woman at the grocery store strutting around with an attitude and not wearing a mask. She was just trying to get an audience and was ignored by all.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2021 8:26 PM

San Francisco Walking down the street, not so much as before. Most stores and office buildings I go to have signs requiring it and all public transit requires masks, so most people carry a mask everywhere. I don't see many customers in stores going unmasked, but I noticed nobody makes a big deal about it if you refuse.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2021 11:43 PM

I'm in Texas. Most businesses still require it of their employees here, so everywhere you go they're still wearing masks. You will still sometimes see old women wearing them out in public.

I saw a whole family, grandma and grandkids and everything, pile out of a car last week and all fuss around putting on masks before going into a restaurant. I thought "they have to be from out of state."

Sure enough, Massachusetts 🤣

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2021 8:10 AM

I'm in Michigan, and agree with R22 that an "advisory" isn't going to change behaviors much. Where I am, indoors are unfortunately less than 50% mask wearers. Outdoors, I don't see anybody wearing masks, even in crowded conditions.

I wanted to go to our local Christmas parade & tree lighting last night, but I'm glad I didn't as in the pictures I've seen there was a good sized crowd with nobody masked.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2021 1:21 PM

Florida masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 5:37 PM

Darling, would it kill you to take some English lessons?

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 5:38 PM

No one has given the pandemic any thought here after about August of 2020. Just got on with their lives. Very occasionally, we'll see someone wearing a mask at the grocery and people who work up close like barbers tend to wear them, but that's it. Florida. Where we currently have the lowest rates of COVID in the country I think.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2021 5:41 PM

r7, i have noticed that more people are not wearing masks inside stores in Manhattan... just came from supermarket and even a few old ladies were not masked.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2021 5:44 PM

R9 because whites unlike POC are largely vaccinated in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2021 5:49 PM

Here in San Antonio, you probably see more people than not still wearing them. Maybe 50/50 in some places.

I work in the medical field, so I'm forced to wear one when working. And I'm out in public wearing scrubs a lot, so I wear one mainly to set a proper example as a medical professional, so others don't think "look at that guy, he's some sort of doctor and he's not wearing a mask, so why should I?". The one exception I allow myself is at the gym...I just can't, and nobody else is, so I just sterilize everything before I touch it.

When I go out to work in less populated, more rural areas, almost nobody is wearing masks anymore. Even in airports, where it's federally mandated, there are lots of people who feel comfortable defying the rules.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 5:50 PM

It comes and goes in NYC. Some days everybody in the store/subway is masked; somedays you see quite a few unmasked.

They're still quite strictly enforcing vaccine passes in bars, restaurants and theatres, though. Thank god. (the city is sending plainclothes inspectors to check on them)

Currently in upstate NY and not a damn person masked anywhere. Easier to isolate, though.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 5:53 PM

R9 wealthy looking white males and white females generally don't ride the dangerous, dirty subways in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 6:05 PM

I'm in LA and yes, people wear them everywhere. But these fat fraus in my condo building reuse to wear them in common areas.

On the other hand, I recently flew to New Jersey to visit my parents who live in super Trumpy Ocean County---absolutely no one wears masks; At businesses like Target, it seems only half of the employees wear masks. I went to a bagel shop, it was packed with idiots without masks and none of the employees were masked. It's unfortunate, sad, and upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] [R9] wealthy looking white males and white females generally don't ride the dangerous, dirty subways in NYC.

Ahh, Datalounge

Where it will forever be 1987

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 7:26 PM

I see panhandlers on the subway wearing face masks. Homeless people pushing their worldly belongings in front of them, wearing masks. So when I see others without a mask when required, I register them as antisocial fuckups who think they're better than everyone else and move away.No confrontation. Just an internal acknowledgment something is wrong with them and I need to keep away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 7:38 PM

We live in a county that voted 80% for Trump. Most people here never bothered with masks or social distancing. Most here have not gotten vaccinated, unless forced to by their jobs. Two people in the town of 300 have died of Covid in the last 2 months. By contrast, I and my husband are now triple vaccinated and rarely go out anywhere, and when we do we mask up when indoors.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 7:47 PM

I see plenty of cops and transit workers on subway platforms and in stations without masks on. There’s no excuse for them not to be wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2021 7:50 PM

I’m in CT too, it’s about 50% most places indoors. Certain towns/cities have indoor mask mandates that are enforced like New Haven. We had been doing really well, but positivity rates are going up. I’m entertaining at home with like minded friends vs going to bars/restaurants now that it’s getting cold.

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 9:20 PM

We generally aren't wearing masks but we are retired and don't go around many people, both triple vaxed. Almost no one wears them here in Deploraville especially the white people. Some employees wear them but under their nose mostly. During the holidays I probably will start again while in the stores just in case. I really don't think anyone is wearing them in church either which I think is a super spreader event for everything not just covid.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Church? Damn,those packed holiday services will be super spreader events!

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 9:25 PM

I live in a conservative city in Ontario and barely anyone does. Most conservative people are fucking meatheads so what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 9:41 PM

LA County near the Orange County border. LA County still has a mask mandate where you are supposed to wear them anywhere indoors unless you're eating. OC does not. Lots of people post on NextDoor about how they drive across the county line to OC to do their grocery shopping because they don't want to wear masks in the store. Of course those threads quickly devolve into the same type of self righteous screaming match from both sides. It's not that different than DL threads sometimes. Every poster is right and all other posters are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 10:10 PM

Dallas here. I don't get out much but at the grocery stores I go to, most people wear masks. Also, in Northpark Mall. I don't see many people wearing them outside, but I wouldn't either. This isn't a "walking" town like NYC.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 11:26 PM

In Westchester County, outside NYC, everyone is still masked although there isn't a mask mandate. My doctor's office requires everyone to wear a mask. The supermarkets all have signage urging people to wear masks. At this point, it is second nature to me to put on my mask before I get out of my car. Triple vaxxed. I am on vacation in Cape Cod in MA this week and very few people are wearing masks. It freaks me out to see an unmasked person and I immediately back up away from them.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2021 1:56 AM

Hour north of NYC, there are no mandates so I'm usually the only one wearing a mask. And that included the post office employees today. There's a lot of freedumb outside the city.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2021 1:57 AM

where are you, r51?

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]Portland, OR people are wearing masks inside public places. WA and OR have mask mandates throughout both states.

In fact Oregon still has an outdoor mask mandate if you can't keep adequate distance, and sure enough at the farmer's market this morning here in Portland every single person I saw was wearing a mask unless they were eating.

Pretty much total compliance indoors in Portland but if you go to rural Oregon it's a completely different story.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2021 2:02 AM

Austria and Germany is on lockdown FYI. This is not in the rear view mirror.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2021 2:05 AM

R53 That's absolutely fucking astounding. We're living in different countries.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2021 2:08 AM

yikes look how Germany is spiking.

Why so suddenly? (I guess I should actually read the article and not just look at the graph.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2021 2:24 AM

I can speak for two Canadian cities, everyone seemed to be masked in indoor areas, most, but not all are unmasked outside unless it's crowded.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2021 2:38 AM

R57, that is how it is supposed to work. America is a backwards place.

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2021 2:41 AM

Fewer and fewer in Northern virginia

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2021 3:07 AM

R50 are you elderly or immunocompromised?

I ride the subway constantly here in Brooklyn and Manhattan, and while there is occasionally the respectable looking young white man or girl without a mask, most of the people I see not wearing masks are black people, or tired looking Hispanic laborers with their masks pulled down below their noses. It’s not the case that most, or all, homeless people wear masks in the subway. That’s a laugh.

Middle and high school aged kids usually don’t wear masks in the train, I’ve noticed.

When I get my booster next week, I’m done. No more masks anywhere. Sick of it. I’ll have no reason to anyway. Won’t be catching Covid, won’t be spreading it.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2021 3:19 AM

[quote]Won’t be catching Covid, won’t be spreading it.

You can still spread and catch it if you are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2021 3:23 AM

The chances of that happening are infinitesimally small. Smaller than they were when I first got my two shots.

The incidence of Covid in NYC is also much lower than it was pre-vaccine and just post-vaccine. If it ticks up to 30 cases per 100k, I expect it’ll also tick back down because everyone is getting the booster.

I’ve read so much goddamn data about vaccine efficacy and breakthrough infections, and I am confident that I will not catch it or spread it if I do catch it.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2021 3:27 AM

I'm 'immunized'. I've done my research and eat paste.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2021 3:28 AM

After my booster, I stopped wearing the mask. I believe the original guidance that if you were vaccinated you were fine and that they only reinstated masks because of the fools who wouldn't get vaccinated. No more masks for me, except where they are mandated.

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2021 3:36 AM

At a certain point there just isn’t going to be many people left for Delta to infect. Everyone is either going to be fully vaxxed and boosted, or previously infected, or both. I mean, what are doing here, worrying about wearing masks after getting the booster. Fuck’s sake.

Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2021 3:43 AM

In the Triangle region of NC - that’s Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill - masks indoors (except when eating). A few don’t but it’s really an exception.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2021 3:49 AM

Yes everyone knows when you’re eating, your ability to spread Covid temporarily ceases.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2021 3:54 AM

Ohio - the wealthier suburbs are wearing them. The middle and lower classes are a mixed bag. Some places require them, most don’t. When I forget mine at the grocery, I feel I’m getting judged.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote]Yes everyone knows when you’re eating, your ability to spread Covid temporarily ceases.

Which is why mask mandates are so silly to me. Mask up everywhere, except when you're eating or drinking at a bar. Mask up, but don't practice any social distancing. It's all theater at this point.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote]Everyone is either going to be fully vaxxed and boosted, or previously infected, or both

OR DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2021 4:13 AM

I am in Miami, R11, and everyone is still wearing masks in the supermarket. But I have not been anywhere else in months.

But then again, I am in Miami Shores.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2021 4:13 AM

Holy shit at r79's link. 79% of adults are vaccinated yet the hospitals are near capacity in Germany.

[quote]As coronavirus cases in Germany continue to reach record levels, officials warned of a possible nationwide lockdown. “With vaccinations and boosters alone, we will not be able to break the wave quick enough,” said Germany’s health minister.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2021 4:46 AM

r72 I think you mean r56

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2021 4:48 AM

I'm in SC and like most people here I only wear mine in a medical setting such as the pharmacy, doctor's office, or hospital. I am vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2021 4:49 AM

Kansas City, Missouri, I don't see a lot of people wearing masks in public places.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2021 5:01 AM

[quote] Mask up, but don't practice any social distancing. It's all theater at this point.

Exactly so, performative and inane. "ooh I feel validated as this cloth and my vaccinations are what I have, posting how I look down on and hate everyone who is maskless but socially distances and takes care to reduce their visceral fat mass and supplemented starting mid July or earlier to avoid acute respiratory distress syndrome." Give the scofflaws hell. But the US deaths reported now Monday through Friday are above 1000, like they were last year. Yet people are wearing masks and being vaccinated, and they stupidly think that's all they have to do.

People with compromised immune systems are getting covid-19

People with phenotype-location mismatches are getting it too

People with above-average amounts of visceral fat are campsites for covid-19

People who are deficient in Vitamin D3 get sick from ARDS

If the thousand-plus Americans dying nearly every day in November had 25(OH)3 blood serum levels above 45ng/ml, i f they socially distanced, washed hands, reduced their visceral fat, washed hands frequently, then either they are immunocompromised, or the virus is just biding its time annihilating people.

I really thought that the vaccinations, hygiene, social distancing, and Vitamin D3 sufficiency (40ng/mL 25(OH)3) would be enough to return to normal, but it looks like the old, phenotype-location mismatched, and sick were the first wave of casualties, and this year it's the sick, girthy, and misinformed dropping dead.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2021 5:04 AM

Yes.

Sydney.

Everywhere but outdoors.

As it should be.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2021 5:04 AM

I live in the South, so mostly no. The only noticeable maskers are Black Women and Asians. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2021 5:59 AM

Dana Point, CA here. You definitely see masks but plenty of people don't wear them. I haven't worn one, except in an Uber, for quite a while, I had my Booster as soon as I could too. I don't really think about it that much to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2021 6:11 AM

I went to Western Maryland to visit a friend, and I would say about 20% were wearing their masks in stores. Repig county.

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote] But then again, I am in Miami Shores.

Not familiar with Miami

Why is that significant?

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2021 7:57 AM

[quote]most of the people I see not wearing masks are black people, or tired looking Hispanic laborers with their masks pulled down below their noses.

It's completely the opposite here in my corner of Michigan. I am the only white person wearing a mask most places I go, and it's been that way since June. The few masks I see are on black and brown people, though the vast majority of them aren't masked either.

I went to a hardware store this past week and all six employees I saw had masks but were wearing them below their chin. I was the only customer wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2021 11:47 AM

I went to a cider mill in Michigan yesterday and I was happy to see that 100% of workers and shoppers were wearing masks indoors. However, I also went to an outdoor market (selling pine wreaths, swags, etc for Christmas decor) and while it was crowded, keeping distance was possible. I wore a mask anyway because of volume of people, but was amongst only a few.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2021 11:57 AM

R81, the significance is that mask use seems to be about what neighborhood you are in. In Kendal for example, few people wear masks but in Miami Shores most people do.

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2021 12:20 PM

I understood that R84, but what can you tell us about the population of Miami Shores vs Kendal or other areas

Is it more affluent? Younger? Less white?

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2021 12:23 PM

LA here as well. Most folks are abiding indoor mask policy, however, haven't had to show proof of vaccination like at gym, restaurants, retail, but guess businesses have til 29th before enforcing mandate

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2021 12:36 PM

R84 It's a way to symbol class status and political loyalty. Mask wearers are loyal to the government.

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2021 12:37 PM

Does anyone still wear a mask? I'll drink to that.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2021 12:38 PM

R85, no real idea. I am guessing Miami Shores is more affluent and less white, but would not swear to it without looking up the demographics.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2021 12:48 PM

Yes they do. Right before they hit the local Nirdstroms

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2021 12:49 PM

For poor, sad R76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2021 3:05 PM

53% is a nice number, but it's not a lot.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2021 3:09 PM

Here in the U.K. we haven’t since July, everything has been open, and infection/death rates have remained stable.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2021 3:09 PM

I live in Charleston SC. All store employees are wearing masks, but the customers do not. Personally, I am so tired of masks, but I know I need to wear it for safety. I definitely wear one when engaging with a store clerk or at the Starbucks drive thru, out of respect as well as for safety. One barista thanked me because he said hardly no customer is wearing a mask. I do see that only a handful of customers wear a mask at the grocery store. I try not to think like a sheep, and I keep mine on. I get weird looks sometimes. I remind myself that they are the ignorant fuckers, not me. COVID may never go away, rather, it will be always be here, like the flu. A colleague recently returned to work after being hospitalized. He said he had to leave the ER and receive medical treatment at his home, for ALL beds in the hospital were full, mostly due to COVID. Terrifying!

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2021 3:20 PM

R91 that might sound comforting and validating to you, but that meta-study is flawed, flawed, flawed.

“Tell me you haven’t read the underlying data without telling me you haven’t read the underlying data…”

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2021 4:20 PM

You wouldn't want to live here. Mask use is infrequent, except by some store employees. Vaccination rate is 48%. Local ICUs are at 97% capacity. Deaths from Covid are nearly as bad as the peak back in January.

No, it's not rural Mississippi. It's the 'reddest' County in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2021 4:38 PM

Nearly one million Americans have died of covid, more have recovered from the virus but have been injured by the infection. Austria is on lockdown but wearing masks (when required) is deemed performative by paste eaters. This is why we can't get this thing behind us. They won't let us.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2021 4:40 PM

Yes, it’s the mask refusers who are the problem, not the unvaccinated.

Jesus fucking Christ

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2021 5:15 PM

U.S. Covid-19 Deaths in 2021 Surpass 2020’s Pandemic continues to exact huge toll despite vaccines as Delta variant spreads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2021 5:16 PM

Paywalled, R100. Can you just copy and paste the part where they blame the deaths on vaccinated people not wearing masks?

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2021 5:24 PM

R39 catch up gran! A 32-year old man was stabbed to death on a NY subway Friday as it pulled into Penn Station and a man on an A train was slashed Saturday. The subways are a bloody mess worse than 1987. Wealthy white men have car services to get them around and most people avoid the subway. Ever hear of Ubers?

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2021 8:28 PM

I have decided to start wearing a mask again . . . at least until I get a booster shot. Numbers are trending up in NJ.

by Anonymousreply 103November 26, 2021 5:53 PM

And now this new variant is out. I’m just numb at this point. It’s like I thought this will be. We’ll be dealing with this scourge for the better part of 10 years as far as mutations are concerned. Then it will be like the flu. I’m just done..

by Anonymousreply 104November 26, 2021 7:51 PM

In terms of mask compliance on public transportation: white men are far and away the worst. But Indians (mainly women) have low compliance too.

by Anonymousreply 105November 26, 2021 7:54 PM

I should add: r105 is observed in Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 106November 26, 2021 7:59 PM

R105. I ride the NYC subway every day and I can tell you the majority of maskless riders are white men and women. (I’m white, btw). The maskless LIRR riders who walk up and down the aisles with an open beer in their hand are the definition of white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 107November 26, 2021 8:02 PM

Great, r107. And where I ride public transit in Massachusetts, white men are the worst, followed distantly by Indian women.

by Anonymousreply 108November 26, 2021 8:05 PM

Where I am public transport yes, everyone. Shops yes , restaurants no, gyms and bars no. Outdoors free for all. Lots of people are cautious especially the elderly. Vaccination certificates for all double vaxxed folks. No complaints…everyone is just getting on with life’s new norms.

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2021 9:05 PM

There is no mask mandate where I live and until just recently there were a decent number of people who would wear masks in stores but about half of the people wearing masks either had them down around their chins or had their noses sticking out. They are called face masks people, not mouth masks. If you aren't going to wear them properly I don't understand the point of wearing them.

Just recently though even though covid numbers are exploding, it seems very few people are wearing a mask except me and every store I go in it seems someone is coughing their head off. If someone starts coughing I am heading the other way or if the store is small, I leave.

by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2021 9:37 PM

Yeah I know what you mean R 110: I went to the doctor the other day and the nurse and the PA had funky pink masks on that were falling below their noses. I pointed out that their noses were exposed, and one just have me a dirty look and the other said her nose wasn't big enough...Of course I live in a Republican county,,,,few vaccinated, lots of hospitalizations, and death rates high...

by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2021 9:56 PM

In Colorado, I haven't seen an employee of any kind of establishment not wearing a mask, so it may still be required (I don't know).

For customers, I know it isn't required, but encouraged, and I'd say around 75% are wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 112November 26, 2021 10:02 PM

Colorado had a problem a few weeks ago with hospitals being full of covid patients. is the surge gone?

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2021 2:19 AM

N. Fl here,and hardly anyone wears masks now. I do, and will until this mess is over one way or the other. Im triple vaxxed,and I always carry wipes (I think the wipes thing is a compulsion now) and I avoid crowds as much as possible. I often feel like Im the only one though. People just dont give a fuck about others,as has been proven over the last couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2021 3:47 AM

R114 It's 100% a compulsion.

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2021 8:44 AM

my twitter feed, which is unusually depressing, is all about the South African variant. Stocking up on k95 is recommended .

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] Florida. Where we currently have the lowest rates of COVID in the country ...

Where DeSantis is doing the counting. Sorry, this Florida resident doesn't believe his numbers.

We live on the West Florida side where the rich guys live. We were masks and the deplorables from up in the panhandle aka Alabama stand out like a sore thumb.

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2021 2:04 PM

^ We were masks .. whoops

We wear masks

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]No more masks for me, except where they are mandated.

I wonder if uncertainty over the new omicron variant will convince vaccinated anti-maskers to put them back on, or if that ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2021 2:11 PM

Not that I'm some great fan of Ron DeSantis, but R117, you sound like the antiVaxxer conspiracy theorists.

Anybody with a brain can see that the virus comes in waves. There are times when numbers will be low and times when numbers will be high. We call if flu season for the flu. It's time to call it Covid season fro Covid.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote]Anybody with a brain can see that the virus comes in waves.

Yep. There was a time Michigan was the worst in the nation with Alpha. Then it subsided and the state did relatively well for months, though mitigation measures were scattershot at best. Now it's the worst in the nation again with Delta. Its surge will subside as it takes off in other states that have been doing pretty well for months.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2021 2:42 PM

I'm rewatching [italic]Contagion[/italic]. In a pharmacy scene, a woman in line tells a coughing man to cover his mouth. He tells her to fuck off.

I'm still wearing my mask. However, I'm retired and don't go out much.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2021 3:54 PM

Aagh. Now they're discussing a Durban cluster which originated in an HIV population in South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2021 3:57 PM

I’m Tampa and it’s a mixed bag, in my neighborhood most wear masks indoors but outside no one wears a mask which is fine because we don’t have density issues and public transportation is non existent where I live which helps keep the contact spread down.

In some parts though you see less than 50% masked indoors that’s usually in the poorer areas and surprisingly the affluent older neighborhoods so like I said a mixed bag.

Now if you venture out to rural areas in central or northern Fl you will find yourself in the minority with your mask. I don’t give a shit what people think and I wear my mask when I’m indoors and outside if I am in close contact with others.

Florida truly is only 4 major metro areas and the rest is trash.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2021 4:01 PM

I live in Philadelphia and fortunately most people wear masks indoors. It became apparent to me when I went to a Target in Republican Delaware County and --except a few teenage girls -- I was the only white person wearing a mask. POC were and all employees there wore masks (and properly)

I am triple vaxxed. What bothers me are 2 things:

1) the lack of understanding of public health. The mask provides some protection for the vaxxed, but shutting down the virus requires shutting down hospitable hosts. We know vax people can have COVID and should they transmit to an unvaxxed person, it keeps it alive. More likely, unvaxxed people are keeping it alive as they pass among themselves Small pox, polio, etc were all shut down by vaccination. Right now, there's too many people giving COVID a warm welcome. It's not about whether each person can fight it for themselves.

2) lack of decency, concern and respect for others. Not just immunocompromised, but employees who have no say in mask policies and have contact with a large volume of people -- many with poor hygeine habits -- all day.

You have no respect for their health or risk? Is this a way to make yourself feel important?

I always wear a mask indoors mostly due to respect of others and a store's request (although I believe Phila has a mask mandate.). It shows your concern for others and civic contribution to shutting down a deadly virus.

This has been a very sad, selfish --and highly frustrating time. So much needless death and a loss of joys of daily living.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2021 4:07 PM

No they don’t where masks ware I live

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2021 4:10 PM

Oh dear

Ware do you live?

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2021 4:11 PM

If they're wearing a mask then they should be fine R125. If you are wearing a mask and everyone around you is not, then if this mask is the be all end all that you guys make them out to be, then the mask wearer is protected. Right?

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2021 4:12 PM

Everything R37 knows about NYC he learned from watching movies made between 1970 and 1995. Everyone rides the subway and it's no longer that dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2021 4:13 PM

Croatia. In every closed public place people do wear them. In the streets, no. It was never mandatory to wear them out in the open. At work? I can only speak for my last job, but people wore them, even though half of the time beneath the chin. But I'm sure at most places people don't wear them. It all depends on the boss. Since this Monday you have to have a vaccine pass to enter any government building. Plus the mask.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2021 4:14 PM

R120, I know it sounds like conspiracy thinking, but de Santis has been cooking the books on COVID from the start.

Rebekkah Jones was hired to run the statistics website and was fired because she would not falsify information. She set up a site of her own to give accurate numbers.

It sounds crazy but I am a civil servant in Florida and none of us trust the state's data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2021 4:22 PM

I’m not saying DeSantis is a good guy (AT ALL), but wasn’t that woman proven to be a fraud herself R131?

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2021 4:35 PM

in what way, r132? I followed her twitter account and she disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2021 4:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Throughout the first part of the pandemic our neighbors were mostly conspiracy theorists who refused to mask or distance. The stupidity continued even after they started getting sick.

More recently we moved only 30 minutes away, to an area where our neighbors are largely academics, including scientists and physicians at a nearby university. Masking and vaccination are the norm, including keeping a mask in your pocket to politely don outdoors if you stop to speak with an elderly neighbor. Compliance with mask mandates drops as you enter spaces (like convenience stores) shared with non-nerds.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2021 5:03 PM

R120, it's DeSantis I don't trust. He's a tRump copy cat and that crowd is nutz. DeSantis tweeks statistics about things other than Covid just to keep deplorables happy.

I followed the Florida dashboard until Rebecca opened her mouth. Now I don't follow the numbers regardless.

I'm hardly an anti vaccine type. I learned about vaccines back when the Polio vaccine showed up. I knew adults at the time who had been crippled by Polio.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2021 5:12 PM

She was fired from her Florida State University teaching position for threatening to fail her estranged romantic partner’s roommate.[49]

she fits in DOWN THERE.

crazy white grifting trash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2021 5:16 PM

R129 when was the last time you were in NY? MTA ridership has been down since the pandemic with offices in NYC at 28% capacity on any given day and there are virtually daily reports of people being sliced, slapped, pissed on or shoved onto the subway tracks,

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2021 9:40 PM

R137 Listen you Twat Waffle ,she may have had issues in her life but she was absoluetley correct in what she said about Desantis being the lying piece of shit that he is. They are still lying about the true statistics and they always fucking will until that fat piece of shit is gone.

by Anonymousreply 139November 28, 2021 12:57 AM

I’ve started wearing my mask indoors again. I have an appointment on Dec. 7th to get my booster.

by Anonymousreply 140December 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Florida appears to be doing something right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 1, 2021 4:31 PM

Letting the virus rampage unabated throughout your state so that thousands of residents are killed and a substantial portion of others achieve temporary immunity, destined to fall ill again during the next wave, doesn't seem like "something right" to me, but you do you.

by Anonymousreply 142December 1, 2021 4:59 PM

You have no fucking clue about next waves. They are doing well.

by Anonymousreply 143December 1, 2021 5:46 PM

R143 Bitch,are you on Deathsantis's payroll ? Do you even live in Florida ? I do,and I know goddamn well the only reason its being perceived as "successful" is because they are fucking lying about the numbers. Any figure can be manipulated to reflect what they wish. Cancer patient died of covid ?Why it was cancer that killed them! Heart patient died of covid ? Same shit.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2021 5:50 PM

I'm outside Atlanta and the only people you can count on for wearing a mask are the Black people. Old white cunts and their fat fuck kids with visible comorbidities just raw dog it everywhere and even for the 10 minutes that we did have a mask mandate, they'd still wear ill fitting Auburn or UGA masks, gaping all around the edges. Or hang their nose out like a dick or pull it down every time they talked like it was a goddamn CB radio.

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2021 5:58 PM

I live in Los Angeles in the SGV and most white, black and hispanics DO NOT and most Asians DO. Asians are the most considerate.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2021 6:02 PM

I’m white and live in a heavily populated Asian neighborhood. My Asian neighbors started wearing masks at the beginning of the pandemic before they were recommended. So I started wearing a mask and I’m glad I did.

by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2021 7:56 PM

Florida’s numbers are low because the virus is seasonal, and it’s neither scorchingly hot nor freezing cold there right now. People aren’t constantly gathered indoors like they do in the summer (for the central air conditioning).

This has been explained countless times.

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2021 9:40 PM

Tired of the pandemic and non compliance keeping this shit here.

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2021 11:27 PM

I'm one of the Michigan posters. I went to Trader Joe's and Fresh Thyme yesterday and saw more mask wearing yesterday than I have in a while. Good to see.

by Anonymousreply 150December 5, 2021 12:09 PM

Toronto... we have municipal mask mandate that governs most public spaces. I saw so many where they are not required it surprised me and even more so since Omicron.

by Anonymousreply 151December 5, 2021 12:14 PM

I live in an upper middle class neighborhood and the supermarket by us is the nicest one in the area so the clientele is decent (not People of Walmart). Went today and maybe 1 out of 25 people is wearing a mask which surprises me but maybe the vaxxed don't think it's necessary? Also our local polling was split down the middle between Biden and Trump, Biden actually won by 2 votes which made me glad I voted. So I blame Trumpers and religious right for any non vaccinated people here.

by Anonymousreply 152December 20, 2021 3:55 AM

r152 I am in a large city in Michigan (not Detroit)

by Anonymousreply 153December 20, 2021 3:56 AM

R47, where in Ontario are you?

by Anonymousreply 154December 20, 2021 4:03 AM

no!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2021 12:54 AM

In SE Michigan today, I went to Trader Joe's and Fresh Thyme, and I saw over 90% masking! Was happy to see this.

But, I also went to a Meijer and it was more 50-50%.

by Anonymousreply 156December 31, 2021 9:51 PM

I drove down the Rose Parade route it to be 20-30% were WEARING masks. The rest were asshole entitled spoiled FAT American CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 157January 1, 2022 12:53 AM

NY mask mandate was reinstated 12/13 but honestly in the NYC suburb I live in the vast majority of people never stopped wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 158January 1, 2022 1:15 AM

With the crazy number of cases in NYC and LA, both places with mask mandates, I do wonder if masking even works. You hear story after story of breakthrough infections, mild, from people who say they wear masks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 159January 1, 2022 1:39 AM

^R159 people exaggerate too don’t forget. How do they handle their mask etc. do they wash their hands properly all the time once off the subway etc. soooo many variables. Do you wash your fruit from Trader Joe’s or Publix??? It’s a fine line we all tread.

by Anonymousreply 160January 1, 2022 7:21 AM

It's a mixture. I personally just do it to hide my face from cameras in public and to avoid being easily recognized because I don't want to be bothered with niceties and forced conversation 99.9% of the time.

The mask wearing has literally been the only "new normal" thing to come out of this "scamdemic" that I've liked as someone who's not exactly a people person.

Frankly, it should've been the cultural norm in Western countries to wear one when you're "under the weather" in the first place. Pre-COVID mostly all of you fuckers coughed, sneezed, and wiped your snot all over the place and spread shit around Helena. It was disgusting and inconsiderate as hell.

by Anonymousreply 161January 1, 2022 7:51 AM

Washington. Mask all day at work. I’m a counselor at a mental hospital. The patients don’t wear masks but the staff does. Everytime I go inside somewhere, masks are required and people wear them. I was in a musical recently and we wore masks at every rehearsal and backstage during performances.

by Anonymousreply 162January 1, 2022 7:56 AM

I’m in the Hamptons. Everyone wears them, even in riverhead, the lower income community to the west. We must be an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 163January 1, 2022 1:43 PM

Only paranoid wealthy people, shut-ins, and lowly service workers wear masks anymore. Some of those aren't mutually exclusive 😆

Maybe 20% of the total population.

by Anonymousreply 164January 1, 2022 2:13 PM

R163 Isn't that the point of the Hamptons?

by Anonymousreply 165January 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Florida here...

No mandates, most - though not all - store employees do so. Customers, some do, some don't with a relatively random mix of each.

by Anonymousreply 166January 1, 2022 2:19 PM

Sooooo many posts in this thread have not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 167January 2, 2022 3:52 AM

No. Most Americans are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 168January 2, 2022 4:00 AM

State and county mandates require us to wear them indoors in public places. You'll get asked to leave if you don't comply.

Almost everyone complies. I work in a store and have had to ask people to put on a mask or leave. Sometimes they just forgot, but several people have left the store, some after shouting their displeasure.

by Anonymousreply 169January 2, 2022 4:17 AM

Outdoor: surgical mask

Indoor: FFP2 mask (duck mask)

Twice vaccinated.

57 yo and no fatness, diabetes or immunodeficiency.

Got Covid nevertheless in December. Delta variant L452R.

It was a bitch.

90% of my country is twice vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2022 3:43 PM

Yes, they do , half and half I'd say, sick of seeing people with it slipped under their NOSE. Either wear the damn thing right, or don't wear it at all.

by Anonymousreply 171January 4, 2022 3:58 PM

I was doing some work in Madison for a couple of months, and everyone wore masks. You would have thought the pandemic had just started. I'm currently in Dubuque and NOBODY is wearing them. Like, at all. For the first time I actually felt a bit shy about wearing mine in Target.

by Anonymousreply 172January 4, 2022 4:05 PM

DC here mask mandate in effect...everyone wears a mask...I'd say about 30% do outdoors too. I don't outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 173January 4, 2022 4:09 PM

Cape Cod - 99% do. I just looked it up. I'm surprised it's not mandated - just advisory. But I really only go to the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 174January 4, 2022 4:13 PM

My apartment building was pretty lax about mask wearing the first time around but now there are signs posted in the elevators, lobby and laundry room that masks are mandatory and the doormen deny entry to anyone not wearing a mask. Most tenants comply. A few do not.

by Anonymousreply 175January 4, 2022 7:07 PM

R170 Obviously the vaccines don't work. You can probably lay off of the intense masking since you have antibodies from your recent infection, the masks impede your respiration and can weaken your immune system.

How much is critical thinking encouraged in your country?

by Anonymousreply 176January 4, 2022 8:28 PM

R176

You are an idiot.

Obviously the vaccine works.

But only for 3 months not 6.

Critical thinking? You are an idiot.

We have vaccination in my country since 1720.

I want mandatory vaccine enforcement starting at 6 yo.

And to let the unvaccinated idiots die. Good riddance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 4, 2022 8:56 PM

How would a mask weaken your immune system, R176?

by Anonymousreply 178January 4, 2022 9:06 PM

Do you know for sure that these horrible, awful unmasked hoardes may contain folks who have recovered from Omicron who aren't going to infect others? Or do you get off being judgmental about anyone unmasked that much?

by Anonymousreply 179January 4, 2022 9:37 PM

Yes, Covid Maries around here wear double 3-layer face masks 24/7, except when they are chomping down food which is a lot and often. So I'm not sure why they need protection from masks that much.

by Anonymousreply 180January 4, 2022 9:42 PM

I see the diseased trash contingency has arrived

by Anonymousreply 181January 4, 2022 9:45 PM

Hi, the pro-vaxx, fat, diabetic Nazi R181!

by Anonymousreply 182January 4, 2022 10:08 PM

I really don’t care what names diseased trash like you call me. I just look forward to you drowning in your own phlegm.

That’s all.

by Anonymousreply 183January 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Yes. Everyone does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 4, 2022 10:26 PM

i live in the sgv in la and it'd 50/50. it sucks!

by Anonymousreply 185January 4, 2022 10:35 PM

Pretty high level of compliance inside in NYC including subways. In fact the percentage had started to drop before Omnicron and now seems up again. I think New Yorkers are mostly smart and pragmatic.

There is no outside mandate and the percentage is smaller . I tend to take it off outside but live it on if I am going right from the subway into a building. Also the mask actually serves to keep the cold off my face now. We're had some cold nights here.

by Anonymousreply 186January 4, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote]the masks impede your respiration and can weaken your immune system.

That would be news to every surgeon on the planet. But what do they know, they just wear masks for 40 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 187January 4, 2022 11:21 PM

Well, I'm not anti-mask. But surgeons only wear masks when they're performing surgery. Not for any other routine checkup. So that's not a good argument.

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2022 12:00 AM

Small city in TN. Hardly anyone wearing masks- no mandate except on public transport. . We have been wearing them indoors at the movies and shopping but still caught omicron. So far, hardly any symptoms- just loss of smell. Triple vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2022 12:16 AM

[quote]But surgeons only wear masks when they're performing surgery

Yeah, it’s not like they spend any appreciable time in the OR.

NIH: The average numbers of procedures per surgeon per year was 398.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2022 12:35 AM

Manhattan, NYC. Masks are back on in full force everywhere. Very impressive. It’s also winter and masks do keep your face warm vs. in summer where they are tough to wear full time due to heat.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2022 12:39 AM

Houston. Surprisingly most people are wearing masks. It's the most compliance I've seen since the start of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2022 12:40 AM

Denton, TX here............no one here has EVER worn a mask....................

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2022 12:41 AM

No , hardly anyone wearing masks

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2022 12:43 AM

R98 your figures are a LIE

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]My apartment building was pretty lax about mask wearing the first time around but now there are signs posted in the elevators, lobby and laundry room that masks are mandatory and the doormen deny entry to anyone not wearing a mask. Most tenants comply. A few do not.

Mine seems the other way around. We don't have a doorman, but in the beginning of this, we had a sign in each building atrium advising to wear masks, and maintenance had stricter rules about service calls (we couldn't be in the same room that they were working). While the front office still requires masking, I see no indication that the building rules will come back. I haven't been masking while going downstairs to get my mail, but I may start again.

by Anonymousreply 196January 5, 2022 2:28 AM

R188, we are still waiting for information on how mask wearing impedes the immune system.

It does not sound logical, so some explanation is needed for this claim....assuming it is real and not just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 197January 5, 2022 2:33 AM

I wear a mask because, I guess, it's the right thing to do. But if I'm being honest, I'm not convinced that mask wearing is anything more than theater. It's like plexiglass barriers, which have been shown not to do anything. I still think that the best way to avoid Covid, or a severe case of Covid, is being vaccinated and boosted.

However, I refuse to wear a mask outside.

by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2022 2:41 AM

We were recently told cloth masks are useless. I still wear masks because I tend to follow the law and with the hope that they will do some good for me and others nonetheless.

Like others I will not wear them outside. The exception being very crowded situations like a crowded green market.

by Anonymousreply 199January 5, 2022 9:33 AM

[quote]But if I'm being honest, I'm not convinced that mask wearing is anything more than theater.

Then you should read one of the many studies that prove their effectiveness. They're not perfect, but they're an essential covid-fighting tool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 5, 2022 11:58 AM

Quiet, woodsy neighborhood in Los Angeles. Yes, people walk outside all by themselves on near-deserted streets, firmly masked up. It's laughable imo. Fwiw I'm triple vaxxed, wear masks in every indoor public situation, avoid crowds, hardly go out... and have mild Covid as I type.

by Anonymousreply 201January 5, 2022 12:17 PM

This takes me back to the 80s when people said they were not convinced condoms worked against the spread of HIV. So many people claimed to have friends who always used condoms but still got infected.

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2022 12:46 PM

I do feel very good wearing one if I'm in the unfortunate situation of being around a loud/close talker. My own little theory is that gregarious, talkative people are an unsung reason for at least some of the spread. For instance, I had to be on a full airport bus recently. Everyone was quiet except for one overweight schlub with an ill-fitting cloth mask who kept talking up a girl across from him. Just boring shit like "You ever been to Cabo? Yeah, I went once years ago. It was great....Yeah, some people don't like it but I did...." Just spewing air in this little contained space, making idle conversation for no reason. I personally think that sort of thing is thoughtless and impolite nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 203January 5, 2022 12:55 PM

^It is and always was "thoughtless."

by Anonymousreply 204January 5, 2022 2:15 PM

I went into my supermarket today and there were 5 firemen from the local firehouse grocery shopping. Not one of them was wearing a mask. And they weren’t even cute. Long Island trash.

by Anonymousreply 205January 5, 2022 7:54 PM

Fireman are always at my local supermarket. I guess they're very domestic, always cooking chili.

by Anonymousreply 206January 5, 2022 8:42 PM

[Quote] Quiet, woodsy neighborhood in Los Angeles. Yes, people walk outside all by themselves on near-deserted streets, firmly masked up. It's laughable imo. Fwiw I'm triple vaxxed, wear masks in every indoor public situation, avoid crowds, hardly go out... and have mild Covid as I type.

Not where I live in Los Angeles. I live in an affluent area know as "mayberry" which is bullshit ! Parents rule this part of town and everything that is done is here is decided by spoiled entitled parents and THEIR spoiled entitled brats. Shockingly 75% of kids are not wearing mask as 90% of asshole cunt parents. Thankfully I bought a new home so I'm able to get the fuck out of this shit hole !

by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2022 9:03 PM

Mask mandates for traveling struck down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 19, 2022 4:05 AM

People’s reactions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 19, 2022 4:15 AM

I’m in the Bay Area, I briefly stopped wearing my mask indoors, but decided to put it back on due to BA2 & not getting the 2nd booster.

I’d say about 20% of the people on my daily trail walk have masks on outdoors, & I see people, alone in their cars, masked, with the windows up.

by Anonymousreply 210April 19, 2022 4:32 AM

I live in DC and some people wear them outside

by Anonymousreply 211April 19, 2022 8:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!