Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Men who go out of their way to let you know they’re straight

Why do they do this, and what are some creative ways to have some fun at their expense?

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2022 2:39 PM

Well I love the birds and get erections when I have to do a sex scene with one.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 4:18 AM

I really, really like women. Just so you know.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 4:19 AM

Stop accusing me of being gay!

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 4:22 AM

Because we can.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 4:26 AM

R1 r2 r3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 4:27 AM

No straight men ever felt the need to do this to me.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2021 4:27 AM

I adore a virile, heterosexual man!

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2021 4:27 AM

I'm not a fag like you guys!

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2021 4:31 AM

"I don't know if you've ever met my wife?", two minutes after you've been introduced for the first time, purses falling from his mouth to signify his fragile sense of masculinity

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2021 4:36 AM

Thanks for letting me know but I wasn’t at all attracted to you.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2021 4:36 AM

IDGAF if people think I’m gay

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 4:40 AM

I am NOT a homasexshul! I dated a woman once and it didn't work out!

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 4:42 AM

I work in a University OP, and the number of profs who have done this to me. I put it down to my own politeness, as they think I'd be interested in something that crawled out from under a rock. I instantly disrespect a man that does this on a personal level. I've often wondered about what makes these men do it instinctively too. Interesting thread.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 4:44 AM

R13 I don’t necessary disrespect a man who does it, but I do think it reveals a deep insecurity.

I can control myself. I’m not going to instantly grab your dick if you don’t immediately let me know that you’re straight.

It’s definitely odd. One of the guys who always used to drop this into conversations with me, I actually did flirt with. He was an adorable nerd, not conventionally hot. I could tell he had been the ugly duckling all his life, and he probably had no idea how to handle being an object of desire. I think he was probably flattered on some level by my interest and wanted to let me down gently since he’d probably been turned down by women all his life. But I also think it may have been defensive in some way. Because he had been turned down so much, there was a part of him that was curious, and he knew he’d be tempted to accept if I ever made a move. Of course, I knew him professionally and I never would have. The fact that he kept doing this in every conversation we had added a special layer of sexual tension that I think we were both aware of. I think he really was mostly straight, but could have been convinced.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 4:54 AM

It’s because they have small dicks.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 4:55 AM

Go to Italy where every single heterosexual is hanging onto their partner like they were going down on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 5:06 AM

R16 It is because their ancestors were all homos.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 5:09 AM

They do it because they think a lot of themselves and are stupid enough to think that just because you're gay you must automatically be into them. It has happened to me a few times and it pisses me off because I had zero interest in them every time.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2021 5:10 AM

Hmmm I don't agree R18. Men who are really into themselves love it when gay dudes are into them.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2021 6:02 AM

walking through weho, you see straight couples and they're often holding hands. I call it the West Hollywood Death Grip because the guy hangs on to the woman for dear life.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2021 6:58 AM

Stop calling me gay! My beautiful wife, Deb, hates it!

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2021 6:51 PM

I am not a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2021 6:55 PM

If you insist on calling me gay, I'll sue you for $100 million. Watch out, erotic wrestlers! I'm coming for you

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2021 7:06 PM

I find the men to be okay about it- it's the straight women who are all, well, you KNOW he's straight, REALLY straight. like I wouldn't know or something

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2021 7:08 PM

R9 do you think that is an attempt to flirt with another man?

I remember a baffled straight guy sharing his story on twitter that he had been flirted by another guy for the first time, and that for the first 30 minutes of talking the guy (whom he thought was also str8) didn't stop mentioning his wife and kids haha.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Guys from the apps who say that they are straight and not into men, but then get rock solid boners and want you to play with their booty. I love those guys.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2021 7:18 PM

"Men who go out of their way to let you know they’re straight"

They do it so you'll stop anally raping them with your toxic male gaze.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote]No straight men ever felt the need to do this to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Just refer to them as "Mary" as many times possible.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2021 7:51 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 12:46 PM

They do this, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 5:40 PM

When they do that, I always respond, "I know you're straight. No one else believes it, but I do."

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2021 6:23 AM

You answered your own question, OP

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2021 10:03 AM

Did you catch my wedding parade through the streets of Venice with paparazzi invited and spectators welcome?

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2021 10:16 AM

HAHAHAHAHA R32

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2021 6:02 PM

Something similar happened once when a guy I was chatting with said, “We live in” such and such place.

I wasn’t sure if he was indicating he was part of a couple, or royalty.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2021 6:16 PM

r15, you have a point. My response would be, "oh, sorry if it seemed like I was flirting. I'm only into hung men."

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2021 6:20 PM

Does my butt look sexy in this?

Wait, what was the question?

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2021 6:45 PM

R37 They're either insulted or they show it to you to prove you wrong. Win/win.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2021 3:15 AM

When I mentioned my husband once to a straight guy at a party, he grimaced and said “oh just so you know, I don’t go that way.”

He was really ugly too. His face looked like a baboon’s ass.

It’s fascinating to me that het guys immediately think you’re going to hit on them…especially the fugly ones.

I really wanted to point out to this guy that he was a complete bowzer but I didn’t have the heart to go through with it.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2021 3:45 AM

^I've even had ugly fatties say the same. I always replied "I didn't assume you did." I've told this interesting story before too. I once had a hot guy at an airport bar who started chatting me up watching a football game. I'm a fan so I can talk like a straight about some sports. When it finally came up in conversation I mentioned I was gay and he gave me the ole "I don't have anything against it, but I'm not gay." I used the line "I didn't assume you were don't worry about it." Then when I kinda didn't give full attention he started trying even harder and I got the idea he a was disappointed I wasn't more interested. It was very odd. I don't really believe he was gay but I think some straights get insecure that we don't want to fuck their brains out, hot to not.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2021 4:03 AM

I was (and still am but not as bad) a femme queen ,and Ive had that happen so many times with straight men I dont even notice it anymore. I mentioned this once to my mother,and she scoffed until we had a series of work done to our house and she noticed that within 2 minutes of my talking to them they alwyas mentioned their wives or girlfriends. She told me later on "You're right,thats so odd" I didnt have the heart to tell her its because they were afraid I wanted their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2021 4:35 AM

When I was in college I asked this cute blond guy out for coffee. He knew I was gay and told me he was straight but was willing to learn more about being gay.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote]If you insist on calling me gay, I'll sue you for $100 million. Watch out, erotic wrestlers! I'm coming for you

For, with, on, whatever...

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 6:24 AM

What's really bad is when they keep mentioning their wife, but they don't really have one.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 6:47 AM

I’m seeing one I know who does this later this week. I kind of hope he does it again, tbh. It’s so fantastically weird that I get a little thrill out of it.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2021 6:34 PM

Straight men are exhausting.

It's happened so many times, I can't count.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2021 6:48 PM

There's an entire generation of "actors" in their twenties in New York and LA raised on the promise of reality show fame who only want to play roles like themselves, are very vocal about refusing to ever portray a gay character

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2021 6:53 PM

*notices a guy looking in their direction just to orient himself but assumes it's about him as all straight men do and immediately grabs girlfriend's hand*

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2021 7:21 PM

When guys go out of their way to prove they are straight it causes me to think they may be a wavering on their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2021 7:24 PM

It's because they have nothing else that defines them, R50, so they wear their heterosexuality like some kind of badge of honour. It's like people who have the stick figure families on their car. Nothing else that defines them so they make it all about their family. They are under the impression that straight means superior. It's like the white supremacist movement of sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2021 7:27 PM

I tell them I have standards, that shatters their flaccid egos.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2021 7:33 PM

My wife and I have a lot of gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2021 7:36 PM

I told my wife the other day that I had a crush on Stockard Channing.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2021 7:39 PM

I love it when this happens because I then know who the power bottom is.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2021 7:47 PM

The best retort is don’t worry, you aren’t even close to making the list anyway.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2021 8:22 PM

He didn’t do it this time, but we locked eyes a few time and it got sexually charged. I didn’t get a boner but my dick definitely twitched.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2021 4:39 PM

I must make my boundaries clear to homosexuals as they all desire me madly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2021 4:59 PM

Exhausting, and boring. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote] I don't really believe he was gay but I think some straights get insecure that we don't want to fuck their brains out, hot to not.

I had a friend like that. I told him I was bi but not to worry I wasn't interested in him, like that. He seemed hurt. He was the sort of guy who would walk into a room full of girls and walkout with at least one of them and the phone numbers for the rest. He couldn't believe the fact that I could be attracted to guys but not him.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2021 6:00 PM

R58 how did you get a photo of me from before I quit drinking?

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2021 6:24 PM

Interesting thread.

I think (in a more macro way) that some guys are like this about lots of things - there's a whole group of guys who seem to define themselves by who or what they have rejected. As if that's supposed to impress people in any way.

by Anonymousreply 62December 17, 2021 1:44 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2022 8:15 PM

I mention my husband often in starter conversation, but only because I live in his native country not my own.

Otherwise it's sometimes a long time learning if some friends and acquaintances are gay or straight or some of each. Very few people make a big fuss about the subject, and usually introduce it only when in passing when useful to the conversation. Most groups of friends have a mix of straights and gays, even groups of older people will have gay family members or friends and it's considered a given rather than an exception.

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2022 8:30 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2022 6:15 PM

R60 u sure u were being honest with yourself?

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2022 2:37 PM

I have one friend in particular who does this all the time when he is drunk. He starts with the whole "I'm not gay thing." I usually don't assume guys are, but he does it so much I'm almost convinced that he is. He will be the one to bring it up constantly. The type that says, "my life would be so much easier if I were into guys," type. I am not remotely attracted to him and I think he insists on the conversation because I don't really pay attention to it. If I was attracted to him, I am doublely sure I could have had him by now.

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2022 9:41 PM

I get straight guys telling me they've got some weight to lose, need to start going to the gym again, etc. Are they wondering if that's why I haven't propositioned them yet?

by Anonymousreply 68February 23, 2022 10:29 PM

It would be funny to let your mouth drop open and say, “You’re NOT gay?? You SEEM gay!!”

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2022 5:57 AM

R24 When a friend gets married and you never hear from him again you know it's because the wife said something.

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2022 7:39 AM

I’d feign extreme shock and unspoken disbelief.

“Whaaaaaaat?”

You’re kidding me.

No way.

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2022 7:57 AM

"Wow, thanks for telling me. .. And here, I was imaging you had the words FUCK ME! tattooed on your butt cheeks."

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2022 8:06 AM

R67, your friend obviously knows that you're a homo.

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2022 8:18 AM

Yes, R73. That is a given. At least I thought it was a given.

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2022 3:55 PM

I think it's an ego thing. Occasionally a man will let me know he's straight, just in case I was 'into' him. But I also don't need to go out of my way to tell them I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2022 3:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2022 4:12 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2022 2:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!