Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rolling Stone says 30 is Adele’s best album EVAH

Five stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 3:42 PM

I'm more interested in Silk Sonic. But good for Adele I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2021 6:43 AM

I hope it's very good. The only thing I don't like about her is her lyrics, which often feel like pop-by-numbers. I love her personality and her emotive singing, so I am always hoping the writing will become more specific and involving.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2021 7:28 AM

I hope they're right.

I want a strong Adele album.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2021 7:30 AM

Thrillsville.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2021 8:13 AM

I'm sure they do. I hope it's better than the last one.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2021 12:57 PM

She looks like she packed back on another 30

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2021 2:27 PM

The fraus will squeal with delight. For the basics, this is great news... almost as good as a $100 gift card to The Cheesecake Factory.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2021 2:32 PM

It leaked early this morning and I've been playing it all day. It is pretty great. I mean "best ever" classic rating of 5 stars? I don't know how you could ascertain that kind of thing upon first listen. It does sound special though, and I remember feeling that way when I was listening to 21 for the first time. I didn't feel that way about 25, though I found it mostly enjoyable.

To Be Loved put a lump in the throat of even this heartless old cunt, so there's that. Hold On and Love Is A Game are definite highlights. She even has a couple of bangers (for her), Cry Your Heart Out and Oh My God. Woman Like Me sounds a bit Jazmine, and will have the frauen shouting, "That's right! Tell it, sis!" . My Little Love, which includes recorded conversations with her son feels almost too personal, like you're intruding where you shouldn't be. Strangers By Nature is sounds like it's from a bygone golden era of music, and starts the album off in an unexpected way. She's not giving the same ol' same ol', and is trying new things which is refreshing. I wish more artists would put out real music like this, which actual tunes you can remember, real choruses, lyrics that sound like some thought was put into them, oh hell, a real instrument or 2.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2021 7:37 PM

I wish she’d do more up-tempo songs. I love her but she could stand to branch out a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2021 7:51 PM

I also wish she'd think beyond lurve lurve lurve.

There's so much more to life than making and breaking love connections.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2021 8:04 PM

This is a much stranger album than I expected, which I see as a good thing. I don’t know quite what I think about it yet, it makes me want to listed a few more times at least. “Love is a Game” feels like a great old-fashioned holiday song.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 12:43 PM

All Night Parking sounds like Amy Winehouse if she had ever recorded a song sober.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 12:49 PM

All I want for Christmas are mini-thins

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 12:49 PM

“My Little Love” does come across as uncomfortably personal.

The Rolling Stone profile of her had a couple parts that capture the album well, I think:

[quote] After having Angelo, she’d become a bit of a “control freak,” which showed when she was making 25. It was more polished than 19 and 21, albums on which she was “just throwing everything at the wall.” Inflo made her take a closer listen to some of her favorite albums — Donny Hathaway, the Carpenters, Al Green, Marvin Gaye. Their albums sound perfect because they technically aren’t. “He was like, ‘If you really listen, this is a mess. If you really listen, people are playing the wrong notes. They’re coming in at the wrong time. It’s all about the energy and the atmosphere that that creates. Why would you want anyone to do another take if you’ve just got the most perfect take that there is?’ ”

[quote] She could delay the album only so long. “If it wasn’t coming out now, I think I probably would never put it out,” she admits. Given the very specific point of her life she’s singing about, she reckoned with the fact that an album has as much of a shelf life for the artist as it does for the audience. “I know I would’ve changed my mind and been like, ‘It’s moved on. Let’s start the next album.’ And I couldn’t do that to this album. I feel like it deserves to come out.

It’s a bit weirder, more experimental and more personal, and she just kind of let it be that way. I’m very curious what she does next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 12:56 PM

[Quote] I also wish she'd think beyond lurve lurve lurve. There's so much more to life than making and breaking love connections.

I agree. She should have taken more risks in terms of lyrical content. She'd be more appreciated as an artist if she made a bold move in song, like expressing a strong political opinion or acknowledging the hate she gets for her weight.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 1:06 PM

The thing that bothers me most about this album is the bad highlights in the cover shot. Her hair has looked good in every other photo/video around this album release, I don’t know what happened there. And then there’s the backdrop that looks like a Sears portrait studio….

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 1:09 PM

I like "Cry your heart out, clean your face," but the downbeat tempo throughout most of the album makes it a bit snoozy. I wish she and Lana Del Rey could pep it up a bit.

The "Easy On Me" lyrics are a good example of the type of generic, vague lyrics that lose me even in her catchy songs: "I had no time to choose what I chose to do, so go easy on me." Meh. It's fine, but the song could be a hundred times more moving if it were specfic. What the fuck did you do, Adele?

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 2:21 PM

*Yawn* Her last good song was "Hello." "Easy On Me" is the lamest and most clichéd song EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2021 2:57 PM

I’ve just listened to it. It felt like a long album. It feels like she’s rehashing old stuff and simply treading water - it’ll sell by the boatload and earn her millions but there’s little sign of advancement as a song writer or singer.

The continuing romantic woes of a multi-millionairess seem self- indulgent, arch and not all that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2021 3:34 PM

I'm on my 3rd or 4th listen-through....I wanted to love it but it's just so damn boring. The lyrics, the tempo she chooses, the overall vibe is like aural Klonopin.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]I wanted to love it but it's just so damn boring.

[quote]I'm on my 3rd or 4th listen-through....

Seems like you might like it.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2021 3:43 PM

Of course the hoarse garbage-trash chanteuse is a big hit. She has one theme - whining about someone walking away while pronouncing her strength - parks her once-and-future fat ass on the spectrum between Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle. It's lady gravy ladled out thick and salty.

Fat women see her as their (hopelessly imagined) success story, weight off and deluxe with ten pounds of makeup and the support of a dozen whale-gut casings to hold the detritus in place.

And Miss Sheffield, the "Rolling Stone" proclaimer, also recently raved about ABBA and Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2021 3:48 PM

I prefer rock and roll.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2021 3:48 PM

Rolling Stone says I'm a nutter and libels me!

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2021 5:07 PM

Yawn. Everyone’s divorced. She’s boring. NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2021 5:58 PM

She's like Céline Dion and Dolly Parton: I love all of them but I'm not into their music.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2021 7:01 PM

...although this is one of the few non-snoozy tracks and I kinda like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2021 7:03 PM

I love Adeles ballads but I have to be in the right mood for them. And most of her albums are over half full of ballads.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2021 7:43 PM

Tori Amos's and Taylor Swift's new albums are much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2021 7:54 PM

By new album, do you mean the re-record of Taylor’s grudge album about her fake relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal?

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2021 7:58 PM

R30 Yes. She is a good songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2021 8:05 PM

I cannot stomach her dour, overwrought songs.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2021 8:10 PM

She's definitely the queen. Of elevator music.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2021 8:19 PM

SICK.OF.HER.

I preferred her when she was fat and smoked cigarettes....THAT I could relate to. Not this "goddess-y" stuff.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2021 8:28 PM

I think To Be Loved might be the best thing she's ever done. Just wow. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 2:29 AM

Her voice, which I usually love, sounds grating to me in To Be Loved and almost like she has a cold. Not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote]Her voice, which I usually love, sounds grating to me in To Be Loved and almost like she has a cold. Not sure why.

It's definitely rough around the edges, especially at the end. But I think that's part of why I like it so much.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 3:06 AM

I can't sing and I'm not criticizing her voice, but as I listened to this album yesterday I began to wonder if she is capable of holding a single note for more than a second or two because she seems to sing either all runs or else in a staccato.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 4:35 AM

Just played To Be Loved. 'Grating' is a good way to describe it, R36, but it's the meandering melody and melisma for me.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 4:38 AM

The way her voice sounds on I Drink Wine is my favorite Adele - husky, her strong accent, very supple but casual sounding, and I can picture her doing the little diva hand motions she does with those claw-like nails.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 4:48 AM

I want to like her music more than I like her music because I like her so personality much.

So much of it is like inoffensive loungey jazz or Amy Winehouse Lite. It makes me feel like I should be sipping a high-end cocktail in a hotel bar while she stands next to a grand piano with a giant martini glass full of wadded dollar bills.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 4:54 AM

Adele is over. We’re going to get lots of inflated sales numbers and bot infested streams, but no one is really listening to or buying an album about a 33 year old divorced former fat lady.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2021 1:20 PM

It will be the biggest selling album of the year despite being released 6 weeks before the end of the year. By a mile.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2021 2:54 PM

What's her song?! Rolling in the deep?? .... she should've added fried chicken!

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Rolling Stone hasn’t been relevant in twenty years. No one cares what they think other than ancient Boomers, steps away from their coffins.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 3:39 PM

Frau music but she has a good voice.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 3:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!