Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Porter is STILL ENRAGED that a British pop star wore was on the cover of Vogue

and wearing clothes that no man ever, never wore, except Billy Porter! And he's telling Christiane Amanpour all about it, hunty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2021 12:06 AM

I agree with Billy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2021 9:34 PM

He should go back to getting fucked by his stepfather - that's the only interesting thing that's happened to him in his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2021 10:00 PM

What movement is he talking about? Men wearing clothing that is typically for women?

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2021 10:14 PM

Billy AND Harry are fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2021 10:15 PM

Andre Leon Talley Mach II.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2021 10:21 PM

I REFUSE TO LET THIS STUPID STORY THAT EXPOSED ME AS SHALLOW AND DESPERATE DIE A NATURAL DEATH, BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY JUST HOW SHALLOW AND DESPERATE I AM!

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2021 10:21 PM

Why is his publicist still pushing this old tired dead horse out onto Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2021 10:22 PM

What else does he have to publicize with regards to Billy, r7?

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Jesus fucking Christ, what a pathetic queen. He’s talking as though this is the most important issue in the entire world. Now that his TV show has been canceled, will he just go away? Please?

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2021 10:34 PM

Stop while you're behind, Billy.

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2021 10:37 PM

He does righteous indignation well, even if he makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2021 10:44 PM

He should have a podcast with DL whipping boy Kevin Sessums.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2021 10:51 PM

Leader in what movement? Guys wearing dresses?

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2021 10:51 PM

He is so amusing.🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2021 10:51 PM

Datalounge HATES this guy! Not only is he out and proud and successful but he's BLACK!

Imagine how much more hate he'd get on this website if he was.....

FAT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2021 10:53 PM

Billy's red hot 15 minutes are >> p o o f << over. It's hard to take when the spotlight moves on to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2021 10:58 PM

It's not because he's black and femme, but because he's nuts! He's the gay Trump! A narcissist of the highest level who has just become a total bore. I used to have a slight crush on him. Now I just find him a waste of journalistic space.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2021 10:59 PM

Billy, ending the interview: “That’s all I’m saying.”

Who are we kidding here? Bitch will be back whining about this as soon as another microphone is in his face.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2021 11:07 PM

He’s right, though.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote]He’s right, though.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but it doesn't matter because it's a silly fucking issue and he's making it out to be like he's the Rosa Parks of Dudes in Dresses.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2021 11:10 PM

I wish Billy would just say he’s a straight guy in desperate need of attention. But he seems to be too afraid. His words.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2021 11:10 PM

Leaders in f movements aren’t afraid.

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2021 11:11 PM

*of

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2021 11:11 PM

I forgot we have to support every single thing he says or does, whether or not we like him, simply because he's an out black man. How dare we think otherwise!

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2021 11:15 PM

He probably is right, agreed, but he’s sounding petty at this point. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2021 11:16 PM

It's sad to see an old whore fight for the corner he used to work.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2021 11:26 PM

She's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2021 11:50 PM

Pathetic.

Not Billy, but OP and the other haters on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2021 12:12 AM

I don’t think he’s right at all, he’s delusional.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2021 12:14 AM

I sort of agree with what he is trying to say. With his larger point anyway.I think people are mostly turned off by his delivery but I get what he is trying to say. I just don’t think he is 100% accurate in his claims.

Because Harry is a leader in this movement. He might not have been the first, but he definitely played a role in setting this trend. Especially for people who don’t keep up with day to day celebrity. He was one of the first.

So Billy is sort of wrong here but he is right about giving mainstream people the face of underground movements. That probably gets old for someone like Billy who has seen that his whole career.

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2021 12:18 AM

This was newsworthy for Amanpour and Co? Slow news day PBS?

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2021 1:14 AM

I agree that he was the first and it is unfair. However, I think he cares about this so much because that’s all he has. If he’s not the man showing up to awards shows wearing a dress that makes people gasp, what does he have?

I still liked him in Pose though and hope he gets another show.

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2021 1:16 AM

Will this old faggot stfu already? He’s a nobody. He needs to get that through his thick head already.

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2021 1:29 AM

Don’t forget about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2021 11:23 PM

I saw Billy in Shuffle Along and he was amazing, I wish he wouldn't stoop to this. He sounds very jealous and for no reason. He is not the first man to wear a fucking dress.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2021 11:27 PM

Oh, gosh.

We now have to choose between two self-aggrandizing, ego-driven products of today's marketing universe?

However can we make such a choice?

May we just direct them both to a grease fire with the understanding that Mistress Harry will be done 15 minutes before Madame Porter reaches the appropriate internal temperature?

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2021 11:35 PM

Why do ugly men like Billy and Alok insist on wearing women's clothes? I know it is a yah thing and is for the shock value but don't they know they look just uglier?

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2021 12:12 AM

Bitch, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2021 12:12 AM

I guess he was nominated for, and actually won, some awards, because try NOT to give him awards in this environment, you racist transphobic muddahoochies!

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2021 12:15 AM

Is he still with his handsome husband?

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2021 12:17 AM

Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2021 12:38 AM

How about this, Billy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2021 12:39 AM

Billy, male pop stars who wore a dress WAY before you did:

Kurt Cobain David Bowie Iggy Pop Jim Glennie (James) Kid Cudi Jaden Smith Andre 3000

So, you know, fuck you, because you're kind of intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2021 12:56 AM

But look how this issue has been keeping my name in the news. I haven't been relevant since " Kinky Boots," and only New Yorkers know who I am.This way, everybody thinks I'm important and edgy.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 12:59 AM

And Harry looks ridiculous in R42’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 1:10 AM

[quote]What movement is he talking about? Men wearing clothing that is typically for women?

R3. Amen, brother.

On the other hand, I agree with Billy in theory or in the abstract just by listening to what he said. But in reality, what movement is he talking about?

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 2:12 AM

My goodness, BP is so talented but SO VERY MUCH.

My God. I encountered him at a party on the Pines pre-Pose and he was a lot then. I can only imagine what a nightmare he is now.

He is exactly what we should all aspire NOT to be: an old, BITTER queen. Grow old with dignity and be wise and all that. Nothing wrong with getting older, but my god don’t be BITTER. It is SO unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 2:18 AM

If the movement is about the fluidity in sexuality that accepts men wearing women's clothes, then I don't necessarily agree. I don't think there is all that much fluidity in our sexuality. When you're 22, you can say that you're fluid. By the time you are 30-35-40, you're gay. And if you don't admit it, you're lying and still in the closet. In fact, I think all these new labels about sexuality (pansexual, etc), I feel those are just words that allow you a safe space "out in the open" not to say you're gay--when you are.

I don't consider Billy Porter fluid. He's gay. Harry Stiles? I honestly don't know what he is. He may be in that fluid stage still...or just likes saying he's fluid. But I have a feeling, Harry is straight.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2021 2:20 AM

What's the goddamn "movement" about which Billy Porter is ranting?

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2021 2:22 AM

He has such a shouty voice.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2021 2:34 AM

Geez, everyone is so put-upon these days.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2021 2:45 AM

He's an answer to a question no one asked.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2021 2:46 AM

He's like a nineteen year-old girl at a small liberal arts college yelling as she tells you how righteous she is and how important she is.

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2021 3:05 AM

Why does fashion need to be "degendered" at all? Who does this aid?

As Charles Laughton says to Tyrone Power in "Witness for the Prosecution" after the eggbeater demonstration "Is that at all desirable?"

Billy is angry his "gimmick" is being used by someone more famous!

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote]Datalounge HATES this guy! Not only is he out and proud and successful but he's BLACK!

GIVE. IT. A. REST. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2021 3:57 AM

I guess Billy now understands how Clara Bow, Jobyna Ralston, and Pola Negri felt when talkies came in!

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on”

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2021 4:05 AM

Olivia wilde is a sketchy closet case.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2021 4:38 AM

This man has no elan. That's the crux of the matter. And when Man frock wearer gatekeeping is all that a man has got , he has flopped psychologically and socially. Maybe he needs to talk to Harry Styles about career extension/dynamism. Mr Pasty Face Not Too Talented seems to know more about that than Our Billy who seems to have forgotten that he is a veteran of his profession whilst thinking that cosplaying Angry Miss Muffet is gonna get him his flowers.

Rupaul was never this bitter when his career went through troughs. There aren't, proportionally, many men in frocks making a career out of it, so there is space for everybody if their game is good and inviting. It's as if Mr Porter hasn't heard the saying about the continuous drip of water eventually boxing away the concrete. Little by little, if he stops acting like a slag, he will get to be crowned Chief Man Frock Wearer....especially if he stops being the stereotype of the Bitter Old Queen. Unfortunately, that personality in a gay man is not conductive to favouritism and the type of non niche , out from behind the curtain worldwide fame that Billy Porter wants and needs.......homophobia, or not.

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2021 3:42 PM

I see his point but it doesn't stop him from being insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2021 5:43 PM

R58, you write intelligently. That’s hot. 😀 😚

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2021 10:15 PM

It's bizarre to me when someone hoping to remain relevant and popular with the public has obviously rejected all efforts to be charming, relatable, and likable.

Many moderately talented people have had solid careers doing just those things.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2021 4:50 AM

He’s always always always always annoying. Ugh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2021 5:42 AM

One more time: What's "the movement" Billy is talkin about?

It's difficult to support Porter when he says that Harry Styles is not the face of the movement, yet they used Harry for the front cover of Vogue Magazine. Is Billy a supermodel? Does he think he's Linda Evangelista?

What is "the goddamn movement" he's harping about?

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2021 6:05 AM

Dizzy queen. Just ignore.

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2021 6:06 AM

R63

It’s obvious he’s talking about men wearing dresses, or what society deems as “women’s clothing”.

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2021 6:44 AM

And I thought Amanpour had standards.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2021 7:28 AM

R65. Well, men wearing dresses is not a movement, in my opinion. It's a statement.

Webster defines a "movement" as: a series of organized activities working toward an objective; also: an organized effort to promote or attain an end. For example, the civil rights movement; a movement to increase the minimum wage.

I disagree with Billy Porter. It seems to me that men wearing dresses could be called a minor trend, a phase, a fad, an appeal to a few, a fashion statement, etc. It's a statement--not a movement in society. So far, men wearing dresses is something done by random individuals. Men wearing dresses is not gaining traction other than with some here and there. There is no trend or "movement" among a noticeable or even a minority of men. There is no movement for men to wear dresses, and it's not noticeable that men are adopting, accepting or even gravitating toward it. Men wearing dresses is simply a self-expression of freedom or non-conformity.

Men wearing dresses is a statement, not a movement.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2021 7:51 AM

He’s right. He should have said “put me on the cover”. But he didn’t. He’s old. He’s not sexy. And sure, if he was 20 years younger he probably would have been on the cover but he’s not and he’s not:

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2021 1:16 PM

R67

It is a movement for gay men especially. I’m seeing an increasing number of gay men wearing skirts and dresses on social media. Many gay men have always wanted to wear these clothes, and we’re trying to move society forward. Women can wear “men’s clothes” all they want. Many gay men are stepping up and trying to express how they’ve always wanted to express themselves despite bullshit society. BTW, men who wore dresses, skirts, and extravagant jewelry used to be at the top of society. It was only until recently that men were put into such a boring, limited box.

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2021 1:35 PM

R69

Oh yeah and high heels were created for men. It’s about time we reclaim what was ours.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2021 1:41 PM

[quote] I’m seeing an increasing number of gay men wearing skirts and dresses on social media.

R69. Who are you following? I never see that.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2021 1:42 PM

This fucking cunt is uglier than whatever species/sex Leslie Jones is.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2021 1:47 PM

But straight America thinks he represents all gays.

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2021 2:02 PM

Vogue is a women's fashion magazine. It rarely has anyone over the age of 30 on the cover, and only then if they're a super famous actress or major female politician. Harry Styles was the first man and the reason they put him in a dress was because they specifically wanted a big star like him and the only way to get a solo man on the cover but still make it somewhat relevant to women's fashion was to put him in a dress (even Zane had to appear with Gigi). It was nothing to do with woke genderqueer bullshit, but they conveniently got some woke points for that it.

You have to be a huge star to get on the cover of American Vogue, which Billy Porter is not. He's old, he's male, he's not that famous and, most of all, he doesn't have style, certainly not a style that's of interest to women.

Billy needs to stop imagining that just because he's genderqueer or whatever he can take over a women's magazine. It's nothing to do with him - it's for women.

If he recounted his meeting with Anna Wintour accurately, it simply goes to show that media people, etc. should just do what they do and serve their audiences and not pay attention to narcissists such as Billy Porter just because we're in the age of woke, let alone ask them what you should be doing.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2021 2:14 PM

R74 all of Madonna’s many US Vogue and international edition covers happened when she was 30 plus

Just saying

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2021 2:22 PM

[Quote] Not only is he out and proud and successful but he's BLACK! Imagine how much more hate he'd get on this website if he was.....FAT!!!!!

Titus Burgess doesn't get nearly this much hate on DL. It's not that deep, girl.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2021 2:26 PM

And I also said you have to be a super-famous woman (sorry, I said actress, I should have said actress or singer, same difference) to appear on the cover of Vogue, as Madonna is, and also be a woman, as Madonna is, and be of style interest to women, as Madonna was back in the day. Billy Porter has none of that.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2021 2:26 PM

Conseula.

CONSUELA!

Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2021 2:29 PM

I hate that these clowns are the face of the community. The difference between them and more "normal" gay guys is these effeminates have never seen a mic or camera they didn't like. They're incapable of holding in a thought for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2021 2:29 PM

I've never heard of this freak, except for datalounge threads.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2021 2:31 PM

“I think they should put me in a dress on the cover next, Billy’s head would EXPLODE!”

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2021 2:32 PM

I think he knows after the glimmer and glam of Pose ended several doors have closed shut to him.

The blush has truly fallen off his rose. Again.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2021 2:35 PM

R82

I don’t agree. He will get other big roles.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2021 2:37 PM

R83, with this kind of attitude he’ll go the way of Rose McGowan. No one will hire him. I’m waiting for one of them to turn on Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2021 2:47 PM

I don't much care for men in frocks. It doesn't make a statement to me other than "hey look, I can wear whatever I want", But everyone already knows that. We've got real problem to work out as a society. Not sure how some affected theater queen swanning around in skirts is doing a whole lot for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2021 2:48 PM

They cannot replicate Pose’s success. The audience has matured and the novelty worn off. If Anna Wintour had left the door open to him, like he says, she would’ve taken his calls. I also don’t really think any of this back and forth really happened and he’s meat gluing together snippets of sound bites int full length fictional conversations just like Trump does…

I think he’s full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2021 3:23 PM

Harry Styles is an internationally famous pop star in his twenties. Harry Styles = consumers will spend $$$$ on anything he's associated with..

Billy Porter is a busted old fiftysomething whose most notable credit is a basic cable show that was watched by 0.07% of America.

Who is going to get the cover of VOGUE?

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2021 3:59 PM

Amanpour's booker must have been on the sauce when they agreed to do a segment with Miss Porter. Talk about grounds for dismissal.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2021 4:01 PM

So I guess Little Richard shouldn't have been mad that Pat Boone covered Tutti Frutti. After all he was better known.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]I hate that these clowns are the face of the community.

THIS

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2021 4:24 PM

why he eyeball so tiny?

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote]It’s obvious he’s talking about men wearing dresses, or what society deems as “women’s clothing”.

Yes, and this is a "dialogue" only he is having WITH HIMSELF.

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]I think he knows after the glimmer and glam of Pose...

I think he knows after the grimmer and glum of Pose...

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2021 5:01 PM

Did Little Richard demand that he appear on the cover of Vogue, r89?

Talking of Little Richard, he's another one who did all the gender-bending stuff way, way before Billy Porter was dressed up by a stylist to attend an awards show. Little Richard was brilliant, truly challenging and original and all that in much, much more difficult times. Everything Billy Porter is not.

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2021 5:52 PM

Why doesn’t he just go away! He’s too much. He over.

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2021 7:04 PM

R79 R90 who should be the face(s) of the ' community ' then? not saying you're wrong, but... who else is there?

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2021 7:35 PM

OP is still enraged over Bilpy Porter. Get over him, hon.

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2021 7:39 PM

89 - Behave yourself. What is Billy Porter bringing to the table as an artiste that is pioneering and will have generations after him stealing from him? What Black high Pop Culture standard is he even emulating to be considered in the same thought pattern that could elicit Little Richard? You best sit down with your "Black femmes are all the same" mind. Billy Porter IS Pat Boone compared to Little Richard, dumb dumb. Except Pat Boone was more self aware and his name will be recognised outside of a niche far longer than when Billy Porter's is forgotten in his niche world.

And if you are Black; son, it's hard times out here if you are fighting behind a crying queen who doesn't even look as if he wears frocks in his every day life . Billy Porter's red carpet lewks are NOT assimilated into HIM. Same with that Nico guy and any of the Queer Eye mob. None of them have the "degage", easy peasy of Sylvester. Too earnest or even humorless. The frock is their personality which is not what women are about when wearing frocks. At most it is an EXTENSION of personality/ what they are feeling that day, even in a "fake it until I make it" way Most of these "I'm gay and I wear a frock on the red carpet" mob bring nothing particularly new or stylish to the table to call it a "movement' . At least Harry Styles has a fizzy knickered fan base through which he can parlay his frock wearing. Billy Porter, as unattractive as he is in the GAY world ( including the Black gay world) doesn't have that.

by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2021 2:11 PM

Exactly, r98. Billy gets dressed up in a designer dress to go to the top fashion galas, walk the red carpet and have his photo taken by Getty photographers, to appear all over Instagram and in the media the next day. It's not his life.

by Anonymousreply 99November 26, 2021 2:41 PM

Jaded queen here. I actually like Billy but his acting is about as subtle as a woodcutter cutting through wood, and The last season of POSE was dreadful, like half the writers quit two weeks in. Shakepeare it ain’t, hunny.

UNLIKE bright shiny, YOUNG Harry with a career ahead of him, Billy is in the twilight of his career. Elizabeth Taylor was helping people with AIDS at the same point. Is Billy donating time/money/mentoring or is this just posing and unproductive angst? Does he really care and identify as trans or HIV positive, because neither of these were readily apparent before POSE. It feels more like someone is very aware that a star vehicle has stalled and he’s trying a last minute to wrest the steering wheel back for himself. It’s also very much a Norma Desmond move of someone that is working against youth stealing the spotlight from him. Being white and straight helps divert this.

I’m reading his bio, and even a chapter or two along it’s apparent there’s a a lot of unresolved resentment that has nothing to do with frocks.

by Anonymousreply 100November 28, 2021 3:06 PM

He's right, but all this salt is not flattering. Print media is basically dead. Harry Styles will sell units, Billy Porter will not.

by Anonymousreply 101November 28, 2021 3:11 PM

R101, I agree. My generation would call it “sour grapes”, grasping for even MORE fame and notoriety when he’s accomplished so much.

At NO TIME was a cover promised or broached and I’m pretty sure Billy would’ve complained any other trans candidate wasn’t as appropriate as him, the other issue is that instead of leaving behind a legacy other young artists could aspire to, Billy’s groveling and debasement of others because of their stated or unstated sexuality will be his legacy. He should’ve never disclosed any discussion with Anna or criticized her either, for sure that door is forever closed to him just like Andre Leon Talley…

Could you imagine if Harry Styles came out in the future as pansexual, trans or bisexual-and was afraid to disclose it- how much worse it would make Billy actions appear? He should’ve taken the high road a la Michelle Obama and heartily congratulated and recognized a peer.

by Anonymousreply 102November 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Sour grapes

by Anonymousreply 103November 28, 2021 4:10 PM

When did "Stunt Queens" get so full of bile? It's just stunting!

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2021 5:43 AM

Go away forever Billy. Please and thank you!

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2021 2:22 PM

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2021 9:36 PM

No, r48, he’s not…

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2021 3:42 PM

Guys like Porter and to a lesser extent, Nico Tortorelli, are try-hards. Are their clothes stylish? Neither are Harry’s for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 108November 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Even Phyllis eventually dropped the drag...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 30, 2021 3:48 PM

The face is very unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 110November 30, 2021 5:42 PM

WHAT exactly is Billy accomplishing by dressing in this over-the-top manner? He isn't "trans" (thank God!), not has he ever claimed to be "non-binary"or any of that foolishness. He's spent his life and career being a traditional Broadway singer and never showed any sign of any interest in moving the gender identity or even gay needle in any direction!

What good is he thinking he's doing for anyone other than himself?

I think the public is QUITE DONE having that severe-faced black person in a dress scowling at them! I know I am!

by Anonymousreply 111November 30, 2021 6:23 PM

Publicity, R111, publicity.

by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2021 7:11 PM

I actually got through more of his bio. (I’m a cheap queen, I didn’t pay for the book but waited for and loaned an ebook from the library.) It’s a bit raw but I have a new perspective about him and some more respect. I recommend reading it if not actually paying for it.

by Anonymousreply 113November 30, 2021 10:15 PM

I have sufficient, r113!

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2021 4:54 AM

Call me old-fashioned and downmarket, but I feel Vogue should feature only beautiful women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2021 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!