Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry Styles Launches Beauty Line

The PLEASING website went live this morning.

Four nail polishes and two facial products.

Harry Styles. Medium level talent. Meh looks. Now a total brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2021 1:37 AM

It's easy money. Wonder how Billy Porter will feel about this further dip into the feminine side.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2021 5:51 PM

He’s as pathetic as Madonna. They should collaborate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote]Wonder how Billy Porter will feel about this further dip into the feminine side.

Outmaneuvered again by the dastardly white man!

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2021 5:53 PM

He looks like a wanker and I don't genuinely believe this is his own choice of style, but something that was foisted on him by his agent and publicist.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2021 5:53 PM

I hope they sell lipstick for the labia.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Pleasant peasant face.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2021 5:54 PM

I just don't kid how this weird Brit keeps popping up. WHO are his fans? The only thing I know/hear about him is from cheesy, B & C-list media sources. He's clearly pandering with all his stupid little gender teasing. But what is he putting out that people are watching or listening to?

Who is behind trying to make him a major "brand"? Hasn't his time already passed? It's like they keep beating and beating the drumb and nobody's buying it, but they keep trying to make him happen. It's GOT to be getting expensive for somebody, isn't it? Is this guy really making major bank? Does he really have some massive worldwide fan base that I'm just not seeing? He seems on par with that Canadian kid that some DL troll keeps posting threads about, with his milquetoast, passably handsome looks. I'm just kind of baffled how he's endured without being the big thing they're trying to frame him as. What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't think he is beautiful or handsome?

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2021 5:54 PM

What about ME?????

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2021 5:56 PM

Billy Porter has more style, grace and elegance in his pinky finger than Harry will ever have.

I’m with you R8.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2021 5:57 PM

Just come out already, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2021 5:59 PM

Why is no one calling out this fake cunt for fem appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2021 5:59 PM

Billy Porter is an embittered fag who thinks he was the first to wear female clothes or genderbend. As if Bowie and a great many others were not doing it decades ago, R10.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2021 6:00 PM

He's aging like milk.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2021 6:00 PM

Because white men have decided womanhood doesn't exist, R12. Only men are women now and women are "cis" or "terfs."

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2021 6:02 PM

“He's aging like milk.”

His skin product should be called One Complexion.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2021 6:03 PM

I love the name, but don’t know why.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2021 6:03 PM

Twitter is going mad for him. SMDH

Gay or straight, he’s one of the throngs of manipulative opportunists out there. Not much better than a Kardashian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2021 6:04 PM

He's a wannabe bowie, without the cool factor and talent.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2021 6:07 PM

His skin does look very good in the pic. But he also looks like he will age poorly and hit the wall early.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2021 6:10 PM

He does not have the face for this.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2021 6:11 PM

R19 Or looks, or appeal.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2021 6:12 PM

What R1 said.

Teen girls love him and he might as well make money off of them.

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2021 6:13 PM

Teen girls like twinky looking guys. He's starting to show age in his face and there's no way he can transition into a Daddy with this gender bending stuff.

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Many Gen-Z men are styling themselves like avant grade lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2021 6:22 PM

When is Harry transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2021 6:23 PM

At this point Billy and Harry will have a cat fight about who's more feminine. They're both at the border of transitioning or coming out as non-binary.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2021 6:28 PM

His stans would go on the attack r12 of anyone who questions this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2021 7:25 PM

What ever happened to men being men?

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2021 7:30 PM

R29 Candace, don't you have a show to run?

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2021 7:32 PM

His audience is teen and early 20-something girls. They are obsessed with him. And Gen Z thinks gender is a construct so this will appeal to them.

As a Gen X-er, I think this is absurd. It feels completely phony and pandering.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2021 7:47 PM

My good friend's 20yo son wears a corset.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2021 7:53 PM

So young. So brave. So stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2021 9:12 PM

Bitch please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2021 9:15 PM

Aren't the "teen girls" who are said to be his fans now in their late 20s? Not to mention that older fraus seem to be into him, too.

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2021 9:25 PM

He should be canceled for this self indulgent video alone.

His agent Jeff Azoff has been working overtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2021 9:28 PM

Bitch please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2021 9:29 PM

He really looks like a low class British bar tender - let's say a Scouser - done up in cheap drag by his teenage sister with access to the college drama department's costumes. He isn't some ethereal, androgynous beauty with a great artistic eye finally "becoming human".

It's the male marketing equivalent of Kim Kardashian as Marilyn Monroe. This is a goddamn hoot.

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote]It’s the male marketing equivalent of Kim Kardashian as Marilyn Monroe.

Well said R38

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2021 10:35 PM

If you passed Harry Styles in a mall you wouldn't even look twice.

Anyway, every celebrity has learned the real money is in launching their own line of products. Of course he is doing this.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2021 10:40 PM

I will say this, at least when Billy Porter does it the clothes usually are beautiful. Harry wears shit, that would look like shit no matter who was wearing it, such as in R33.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2021 11:18 PM

I’ll give him props for the good hair weave.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2021 12:33 AM

His lady friend Olivia Wilde has been a brand ambassador for True Botanicals for several years. The latest campaign for the brand is one she’s in charge of, and promotes confidence and feeling confident of being in one’s own skin.

Wonder if she helped him in his launch or he is just following her lead on his own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2021 12:45 AM

'I will say this, at least when Billy Porter does it the clothes usually are beautiful. Harry wears shit, that would look like shit no matter who was wearing it'

Billy would die to wear actual museum pieces as Harry is here. The Galliano corset and the Comme des Garcons balldress were especially released from the Met archives so he can wear them. Anna Wintour loves him and has this kind of clout with the curators.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2021 1:03 AM

R43, should have loaned him that jaw line. Butch him up a little.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2021 1:09 AM

He's having fun and he wants that GAGA money. He is doing EXACTLY what gaga did to blow up and rake in several hundred million. The pap strolls and outrageous outfits. Good for him. If people didn't like him they wouldn't GIVE HIM THEIR CASH. People are tasteless HOGS. At least Harry kept it together when all his boyband mates have fallen apart. GET THE CASH HARRY!!!!! GET ALL THE CASH!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2021 1:17 AM

As a former fan of One Direction, I am surprised how Harry’s career has turned out. I definitely believed that he would be the last man standing of the group but I never thought he’d be… whatever this is. I followed One Direction while they were on X Factor and in subsequent years and he never acted with or exuded femininity at all. He always seemed like the suburban upper-middle class kid that he was. If anything, clearly Louis was the most flamboyant of them all. This whole thing is just hilarious. Harry really does look like a Kardashian. It’s pathetic. Plus, with his Marvel superhero film coming up apparently he really looks like a wanker. He should’ve kept it lowkey like Niall or some shit and doing things out of passion or for fun like that bit part in Dunkirk. I always think that people like this seem so desperate to maintain their lavish lifestyles. It’s pathetic and exploitative of oneself and he looks so vain and bizarre. Tom Hardy doing those dreadful Venom films reminds me of that. Anyway. Harry is clearly untalented and just got really lucky to be a part of One Direction. He’s no Justin Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2021 1:26 AM

'Does he really have some massive worldwide fan base that I'm just not seeing? '

Yes, Granny. The pre-orders had a maximum of 40k and sold out in half an hour. He's currently on a tour of the US, raking in 2-3m a night because he's charging $900 for mid arena seats and people are buying. He just sold out 5 nights at MSG in the same month. Next he'll move on to the UK and Europe, then Latam, then Australia and South East Asia. He's definitely Mr Worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2021 1:45 AM

'Harry is clearly untalented and just got really lucky to be a part of One Direction. '

He was the only reason 1d was successful. Look at the mess the other four have made of their solo careers. Zayn is a junkie with a domestic violence conviction who's scared to sing outside the studio. Liam was just dropped by his management. Louis is funding his own album as some sort of vanity project and Niall isn't charting either.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]He was the only reason 1D was successful.

So not true, R49. It was social media that drove the popularity of the group and in particular fostered the Larry narrative.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2021 2:00 AM

R50 is clearly a Larrie but those sad fraus are not the reason the band were so successful. It was Styles' charisma and dynamism. Louis Floplinson was half of Larry and he barely has any fans. Fien Line has spent 100 weeks in the Billboard Top 40 and Walls spent just one week there.

by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2021 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!