Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey Gays! Who's excited for Moon Knight!?!?!

I know we all are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2022 9:32 AM

No one.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2021 2:29 PM

YAS.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2021 2:33 PM

Ku Klux Batman.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2021 2:42 PM

Isn't that character just a Batman ripoff?

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2021 2:42 PM

They couldn’t have chosen a better actor. I think this will be one of Marvel’s most successful.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2021 2:51 PM

Why would I be excited, OP?

The moon rises virtually every night.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2021 2:52 PM

Moon Knight is one of those characters Marvel never really knew what to do with. When he first came on, he had powers due to being possessed by an Egyptian god. I think he was retooled later to be more like Batman with no super powers.

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2021 2:57 PM

He's like Batman, except in an all-white costume so he can be shot at much more easily.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2021 3:00 PM

I like Oscar Isaac, and Benson & Moorhead, so I'm intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2021 3:19 PM

Who? What?

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2021 3:22 PM

Agnes Moorhead?

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2021 3:24 PM

They really scarping the bottom of the barrel for superhero movies, aren't they?

"Arm-Fall-Off Boy: the Motion Picture"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Who keeps posting about superhero crap here?

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2021 3:28 PM

It looks like we are going to get a Midnight Sons movie. With Moon Knight and Blade coming, and Ghost Rider rumored to make his MCU debut as well.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2021 3:30 PM

R12

Moon Knight is definitely not “scraping from the bottom of the barrel”.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote] He's like Batman, except in an all-white costume

Have the SJWs gotten to them too?

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2021 3:39 PM

Lots of people don't want to admit that Batman is a clearly insane person. If you see Moon Knight as just an ersatz Batman, at least appreciate the honesty about the mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2021 3:44 PM

R14

It’s also rumored Daimon Hellstrom and Hannibal King will be in Blade, and will be a part of the team. It is also rumored Scarlet Witch will be part of the Midnight Sons as well, along with Doctor Strange of course.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote] Moon Knight is definitely not “scraping from the bottom of the barrel”.

Oh, [italic]please.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2021 4:28 PM

Full-Length ‘Moon Knight’ Trailer & Poster Drop:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 4:22 AM

I’m holding out for Ragman. Who’s with me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 4:57 AM

We are R22 !

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 8:38 AM

"Hey Gays! Who's excited for Moon Knight!?!?!"

He's no Wundy Girl.

So fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 10:10 AM

The longer trailer does look interesting. I've stopped watching every MCU property, there's just too much of it now, but I will check this out.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 8:22 PM

Oscar Isaac at the Moon Knight screening in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2022 5:31 AM

Isaac doing both Dune and Moon Knight? He must have one tight filming schedule.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2022 6:05 AM

[quote]Oscar Isaac at the Moon Knight screening in London.

I need a better look at those gorgeous gams. Could you twirl for me, Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2022 4:41 PM

Has anyone seen the first episode? Is it good?

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2022 11:52 AM

Calling it now: Steve's mum is Mephisto.

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2022 12:11 AM

"Moon Knight" is to "Batman" what "Charlie and Company" was to "The Cosby Show."

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2022 4:30 AM

R22 you may be joking but I'd love to see Ragman in a movie or series based on the team he was on in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2022 4:38 AM

I can’t wait till he teams up with the lesbian superhero duo of Moon Cup and Moon Pad. They’re amazing, well at least they are when they’re not on the couch with cramps, bloating, and headaches

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2022 4:45 AM

r33, Moon Cup and Moon Pad are core members of the superheroine group known as the Gynecological League of America, along with their close friend Vagina Cape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2022 5:09 AM

Is Moon Knight a gynecological hero? Does he only protect the city at That Time of the Month?

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2022 5:11 AM

I'm out. After watching the first episode I discovered it's the same show runner as the Umbrella Academy which ALSO completely failed to grab me (and I'm a huge fan of those comics and of many Moon Knight runs as well).

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2022 6:22 AM

We’ll I’m in. Great first episode and can’t wait to see more.

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2022 10:09 AM

I liked that the viewer is thrown into the premise without any build up. Lead suffers from blackouts and all sorts of things happen while something, or someone, else takes over his body.

Don't have a clue about the source material. I only watch the Marvel movies or Disney+ TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2022 10:57 AM

He's no Green Hornet.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2022 11:03 AM

I could take Isaac's tedious British accent for five minutes before bailing out. I'll try again later but I don't have my hopes up.

After reading some of the newer Moon Knight comics at Marvel Unlimited I'm not that wild about the character and the stories themselves since I find it all too confusing. That said it's all about understanding mental illness and it sort of makes you understand the lives of people who have trouble grasping reality. For a brief period in my life I shared a flat with a paranoid schizophrenic. It was quite horrifying to find out he's hearing voices and lives a different kind of reality in his head. When he started involving me in his fantasies I moved out fast, especially since there was some threat of violence. I felt bad for him and Moon Knight certainly brought the memories back after a long time.

The comics are well-made, though, which is why I'll keep on reading them. And I'll probably try to watch the show as well even if it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2022 12:36 PM

Well, it didn't take too long for me to return to the show, and after a nap I watched the rest of the episode. Thankfully the accent wasn't featured that much anymore and I ended up liking the show. According to some reviewers it's all downhill from here on but we'll see. I'm curious enough to watch the rest of it unless the drop in quality is just too much.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2022 6:09 PM

I decided it feels like a high budget wacky Dr Who episode

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2022 11:02 PM

Because Oscar Isaac is bigger on the inside?

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2022 12:35 AM

I'm only excited because I heard the rumor that Oscar Isaac gave someone a handjob in a bathroom at a club and when he was done he didn't even wash his hands.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2022 2:55 AM

I loved it and I don't usually like Marvel stuff.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2022 2:59 AM

According to New Rockstars, some of the location shooting was in Slovenia. Maybe Melania entertained the cast and crew.

BTW I always figured that New Rockstars dude was gay but he's engaged to a lady person.

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2022 5:39 PM

It's really good but this is one series that would be better served with a full season drop instead of weekly. Plus, I just want them to hurry up and show Gaspard Ulliel.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2022 6:02 PM

It's beyond disturbing and disrespectful how Marvel and Disney didn't say a word about Gaspard Ulliel's death! Not even a "RIP" post on their social media like they normally do when one of their actors have passed away. His death was on the headlines worldwide and most of them were calling him "Marvel actor" or "Marvel star", and yet no word from the two companies that he actually worked for in the last project that he finished... Even the cast was completely silent about their co-star until the French press asked about him. They would keep ignoring his death if it wasn't for the French press junket. They probably thought that only French people knew/cared about him.

R47 Gaspard will appear on episode 3 on April 13. The spoilers from the critics who have seen the first four episodes aren't that good about his character's screen time and fate, unless they changed something in the last two episodes. The director said that at the end of the shoot he told Gaspard that Marvel and the fans would love him and would bring him back, so maybe there's a plot twist at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2022 9:10 AM

This series is a mess! Oscar Isaac's British accent is atrocious and his Steven persona couldn't be more annoying. I love that he claimed that the accent was intentionally bizarre after he got criticized, LOL. May Calamawy is good but she has zero chemistry with Isaac, so it's hard to care for them as partners/couple.

Marvel has finally acknowledged Gaspard Ulliel's death! It only took them 3 months to do that... how kind of them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2022 10:53 AM

Does anybody have the Rosetta Stone to decipher r18 for me?

OST, don't bother. It isn't a world I want to enter.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2022 10:59 AM

[quote] This series is a mess!

Agree, r49.

"WandaVision" gave me a high I'm still chasing. All of the subsequent limited series- C&TWS, Loki, Hawkeye were inferior to WS and now this.

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2022 12:13 PM

To me Wandavision and Loki were great. C&TWS was meh. I didn't watch Hawkeye because I hate Jeremy Renner.

I only watched the first episode of Moon Knight and don't feel much of an urge to catch up. However, I had the same experience with the syfy show Halo, but then gifs of Pablo Schreiber's naked ass in episode three motivated me to watch more episodes, and now I'm pretty much hooked. Am I a shallow bitch? *In Roger's voice from American Dad* Guilty!

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2022 12:46 PM

I really liked the first episode. Second episode, pretty good. Some really bad writing in episode 3. Still in for Isaac who's doing a great job. Also he's a hottie and I'm shallow. (Sebastian Stan was the main reason I watched F&TWS.)

by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2022 6:55 PM

I wonder if all Egyptians think this is a good depiction of Egyptians and their culture.

Some of Moon Knight that is set in Egypt strikes me as stereotypical; in degree and tone not much more enlightened than those Golden Age of Hollywood Mummy movies of the 1940s and 50s.

by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2022 7:00 PM

The thought of two Oscar Isaacs in one body. 🔥

by Anonymousreply 55April 15, 2022 7:29 PM

Multiple men in one Oscar...reminds me of that weekend in Bogotá.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]Hey Gays! Who's excited for Moon Knight!?!?!

It's like hearing your elderly grandfather trying to be hip and cool.

The least you could do is get a PR schill who is actually gay or at least someone who can claim that some of their best friends are gay, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2022 1:09 AM

Here's where I start rooting for the Bad Guys

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2022 12:22 AM

Here's where I start rooting for Steven and Marc to pound it out.

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2022 7:02 PM

ngl I got rock hard when two Oscar Isaacs appeared on screen.

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2022 8:39 PM

I don't know if I'm foot or horseback watching MK.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck is going on.

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2022 11:26 PM

Who’s excited for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? Thor Love and Thunder? Jurassic Park Geriatric Edition?

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2022 12:10 AM

I've got a Thursday night opening ticket for Doctor Strange, r62.

Not for Strange, for Wanda/Scarlet Witch.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2022 1:50 AM

Ooh, you gonna have one of those YouTube-worthy experiences, Della.

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2022 7:48 PM

It was confusing and off-putting and very disorienting at first. Maybe that was the point?

Also annoying, what then hell was going on??

I like it very much now, but it’s still annoying when Stephen tries to get control. He’s a wuss!! He won’t let Mark do anything! Even when their lives are in danger.

How many more episodes are there?

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2022 8:57 PM

Nah, r64, although I know a lot of people like to give their instant reaction.

I hoping Wanda/Scarlet Witch goes full villain.

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2022 9:49 PM

Is this another cartoon movie/comic book thing? If so, pass.

by Anonymousreply 67April 24, 2022 12:00 AM

R65 There's two episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 68April 24, 2022 7:38 AM

I've seen some of those opening night videos and they look like fun. I just reserved tickets for Sunday, maybe some of that fervor will persist. But I hope if Wanda goes villain it's an alternate and not "our" Wanda.

Moon Knight is the most obvious ever game of fuck/marry/kill.

by Anonymousreply 69April 24, 2022 6:36 PM

Moon Knight in some of the modern era comics is about a hundred times cuter and sexier that Oscar Isaac. Don't get me wrong, I generally do like Isaac but there's just something super annoying about his portrayal of the guys, especially the timid one with the 'Mary Poppins accent'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 27, 2022 3:31 AM

The positive reviews are lukewarm at best.

It's failed to gain much traction. Even the Marvel fanboys have basically ignored it - which is probably better than having them rake it over the coals as they are wont to do.

by Anonymousreply 71April 27, 2022 3:36 AM

This is the only interesting character Marvel's developed a show or movie for.

by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2022 3:39 PM

When I heard it was six episodes I was hoping for a fairly simple story that left room for another chapter. Instead looks like nothing will be resolved, except possibly some kind of detente among the personalities...except we haven't even met the third personality yet so eh. (Though I think he was there briefly in the office of "Dr. Harrow.") It's just a peeve of mine that so many TV shows draw their stories out too long.

That said, I'm entertained. I'd probably watch Oscar Isaac read the phone book. Or even watch X-men: Apocalypse.

For some reason I had a feeling that Marc was trying to protect Steven from the truth of who is the original. Lucky guess I suppose, though the way they hugged in the last episode did signal there was more than friction to their relationship. It's sort of sweet that Marc treats Steven like a sometimes-exasperating younger brother. Oh, and I think everyone called it from episode one that Steven's mum wasn't real.

Just hope the last episode isn't too rushed.

by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2022 4:57 PM

What kind of Jewish name is Marc?

by Anonymousreply 74April 27, 2022 9:36 PM

What kind of superhero name was Sprite?

by Anonymousreply 75April 28, 2022 11:52 AM

If you unfortunately pick a bad superhero name you can change it later.

Just a little tip, MK.

by Anonymousreply 76April 29, 2022 4:50 AM

Thanks, Shadow Cat….

by Anonymousreply 77April 29, 2022 8:50 PM

It's KATE now bitch R77, codenames are soooo 80's.

by Anonymousreply 78April 29, 2022 9:43 PM

This is an incredible show. Still love Wandavision more, but this is #2. It surpassed Loki (which I loved as well).

by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2022 7:45 PM

Oscar did do a phenomenal job this week.

I am kind of tired of seeing the mental institution as a trope, though.

It reminded me of that Buffy episode where she “wakes up” in that mental institution and all her “reality” is a deeply disturbed mind. Kind of makes you wonder what would make her go to that world of monsters and demons since her life seemed so normal.

Being completely unfamiliar with this Marvel character, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the next episode so I’m looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2022 7:44 PM

R80 The mental hospital scenes reminded me of another series but I couldn't remember which one. The whole time while I was watching it I was like "I've seen this before". I had totally forgotten about that Buffy episode. Now it looks like a total rip-off.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2022 2:19 PM

R81

It’s not. It’s taken from the actual comics.

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2022 3:42 PM

It's a bore so far

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2022 3:59 PM

R82 I just Googled it and that particular comics about Marc waking up in a mental hospital was published in 2016. Buffy's "Normal Again" episode aired on March 12, 2002. The last episode of Moon Knight referenced Ned Flanders, so the writers weren't oblivious about inserting non-Marvel references. We can even make a case for M. Night Shyamalan's 2019 film 'Glass'. That's hardly an original concept. Even the scenes showing Marc creating Steven, Harrow, etc, based on the stuff he saw around him looked like the scenes from 1995's 'The Usual Suspects'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2022 4:08 PM

Wow, thanks, R84.

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2022 11:31 PM

The final episode was excellent. I just hate that it’s so short! I wanted more lol Hope there’s a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2022 1:52 PM

Just watched the last episode and they really crammed everything in, huh? I didn't mind it but I didn't love it. Lots of cool bits but lots of fridge logic and I don't think the show lived up to its potential. To focus on the positive: good acting, I thought Ammit looked good, Tawaret was fun, Steven & Marc tag-team fighting was wicked cool. Then there were some good ideas I thought could have been handled better, like the Ammit/Khonshu fight and Layla becoming an avatar.

On the whole I think the series was entertaining but forgettable, like Falcon Soldier. So I've only been strongly positive on one out of four Marvel shows (WandaVision.) Not a great track record.

But I've got my ticket to MoM this weekend. Looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2022 5:59 PM

My ranking thus far: WV > Loki > Moon Knight > F&WS. Skipped Hawkeye but will prob watch Ms. Marvel

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2022 9:23 PM

The premise of the whole Moon Knight story is maybe a bit too weird to make it work seamlessly. I read some of the modern era comics when the show started and although I liked them the comics series deliberately mixed styles which partly ended up making various storylines rather weak. Judging by the fan mail people suffering from serious mental illnesses found Moon Knight great since it was representing them which actually sounds awesome. Still, at one point I stopped reading the comics midway through an issue and totally forgot about it until the next episode aired. I was supposed to finish the story but in the end I just didn't feel like going back there anymore. To be fair this is how I feel about most modern Marvel comics I've read. I grew up reading Claremont/Byrne era X-Men and I rarely see anything these days that comes even close in any way.

The finale was alright even though it was really only the end scene that brought any kind of true excitement to the show. I mean really, all the fights before just felt like going through the motions. Jake Lockley appearing was truly the only reason justifying another season.

I binged WandaVision last weekend and was surprised how deep the show was. Originally I skipped it since it just seemed like something only Wanda fans would like but I was truly wrong. It's a beautiful show.

Possible **SPOILERS** from the new Doctor Strange movie: According to one reviewer the movie has practically nothing to do with WandaVision and doesn't mention Vision at all which sounds bizarre. The movie itself is a mess and the reviewer disliked Sam Raimi's directing. A shame really, since Doctor Strange has been surprisingly entertaining in the MCU. That said some others haven't been so negative about the film.

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote]Possible **SPOILERS** from the new Doctor Strange movie: According to one reviewer the movie has practically nothing to do with WandaVision and doesn't mention Vision at all which sounds bizarre

Not true on both counts. It doesn't reference Vision much, but he is mentioned. And while one can understand the film without watching WANDAVISION, it's better having that frame of reference.

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2022 11:29 PM

What r90 said.

I just came from watching DS & MOM. All I can say is that there is ALOT going on in that film.

SPOILER for DS & MOM- STOP READING NOW if YOU DON't WANT TO KNOW:

My wish at r66 came true. Wanda/Scarlet Witch goes full-on, serious Villian. But then, at the very end, she's allowed to slightly redeem herself which I thought was disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 91May 6, 2022 3:16 AM

On episode 4 and enjoying it so far. Needs more skin.

by Anonymousreply 92May 6, 2022 3:59 AM

I’m not usually someone who watches these kind of shows. I’m only watching for Gaspard Ulliel.

by Anonymousreply 93May 6, 2022 11:01 AM

I couldn't finish it. I find it a total convoluded mess. Maybe it's because I don't know the source material.

by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2022 1:15 AM

I binge-watched the season after binge-watching the last two episodes of Stranger Things season four. MK's decent enough. Liked the female lead more than Oscar Isaac. Saw the twist in the end credits scene several episodes before (clearly, there were more personas involved, even the credits - like the image featuring Oscar's name - were shouting it from the rooftop). That Gaspard Ulliel guest appearance in episode three seemed so random and rather pointless.

by Anonymousreply 95July 2, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote]That Gaspard Ulliel guest appearance in episode three seemed so random and rather pointless.

Also incredibly sad since he just died in January. That's the only thing I could think about while watching it. But yeah, I also have no idea why he took that role, maybe he and his agent were trying out a new strategy or something.

by Anonymousreply 96July 2, 2022 10:55 PM

I will watch it for Gaspard Ulliel, but not any time soon. His death really shook me. It's wrong in so many ways. He was young AND he seems to have been a good person by all accounts. Atypical for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 97July 2, 2022 11:00 PM

I think it's safe to assume that it won't have another season since it's been nominated for the Emmys as a limited series - it's against the rules to submit a show as a limited series if it's gonna have another season with the same main characters.

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2022 10:26 AM

r98, really? HBO's Big Little Lies is a limited series as well. Two seasons, but no official statement of there being a third season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2022 11:48 AM

My apologies, the Emmy wins and nomination of Big Little Lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2022 11:51 AM

R99 The rules have changed since then exactly to avoid that kind of mess. In the link you shared you can see that it was only nominated as a limited series in the first season when there was no official word about a new season, then season 2 was nominated in the drama series categories. In Moon Knight's case, even before the show premiered Oscar Isaac was saying in interviews that it was a miniseries and that he only signed for one season and is not contractually obligated to do anything else for Marvel. The producers and Marvel's social media were just hinting at the possibility of a new season after the show's moderate success.

2021 – 2022 Emmy® Rules Changes

1. Clarify Limited or Anthology Series description: Limited Series is defined as a program with two (2) or more episodes with a total running time of at least 150 program minutes that tells a complete, non-recurring story. The story arc must be completely resolved within its season, with no on-going storyline and/or main characters in subsequent seasons.

Subsequent seasons of a Limited Series must cover completely new ground, requiring no knowledge of the events of the previous season.

Anthology Series is defined as a program with two (2) or more episodes that tells a complete, non-recurring story in each “episode,” and does not have an on-going storyline and/or main characters in subsequent episodes; the program may be linked thematically across all episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2022 9:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!