Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Christie Wants the Post-Trump G.O.P. to Move Past Trump

Chris Christie wants to be very clear about something: The election of 2020 was not stolen.

“An election for president was held on November 3, 2020. Joe Biden won. Donald Trump did not,” Mr. Christie writes in his new book, “Republican Rescue: Saving the Party From Truth Deniers, Conspiracy Theorists, and the Dangerous Policies of Joe Biden.”

“That is the truth. Any claim to the contrary is untrue,” Mr. Christie says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2021 2:50 PM

The problem is, the GOP is VERY FAR from being "post-Trump" right now.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2021 3:56 PM

So he and Liz Cheney and that’s it?

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2021 3:58 PM

I've moved Post Chris Christie.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Fuck Chris Christie. He'd still turn this country over to Trump in a heartbeat if it meant taking it out of the hands of Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Christie is just as bad as Trump

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2021 4:01 PM

I don’t think Chris Christie moves very much.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Christie is a opportunist and will be back to sucking Dumps mushroom peen if he thinks that it will benefit him in any way.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2021 4:05 PM

The GOP moved past fatso Christie when he touched the black guy

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2021 4:07 PM

One of Christie's besties is Donna Brazile, and that says something. He's not a nutcase like a lot of other right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2021 4:21 PM

It’s just a bridge too far….

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2021 4:26 PM

I was really surprised he survived covid. Most fat fucks are killed by that virus.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2021 4:37 PM

The GOp is about to ditch the big orange oaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2021 4:42 PM

Donald Trump's power over the media ( right and left) will bury anyone who dares stand in his way. He will take advantage of a fractured and craven Democratic Party, sweep to win the election, and believe he has a mandate to demand a third term. He will attempt to install his dictatorship, even if force must be used.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2021 4:50 PM

Chris Christie should atone for his sins by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2021 4:55 PM

You can obviously tell which Republicans are incredibly smart and know Trump is a moron, but use his influence to get his flying monkeys to follow them - like DeSantis.

Then you've got the complete morons who are true believers like MTG, Boebart, Cawthorn and Gosar.

The former scares me more. The ones who are smart enough to get the scariest aspects of the GOP platform to go through. They know there was no fraud, but they've used that hysteria to get these voter suppression laws passed. They are the same people who used 9/11 to get the Iraq war. They used a lie and the anger of hateful ignoramuses to get a war they had always wanted. Same situation here. Using the lie and the anger of hateful ignoramuses once again.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2021 4:58 PM

The third part of title of his book shows he hasn’t moved on at all.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2021 5:02 PM

Chris Christie is such a clown it is hard to take him seriously even for a moment.

For him to pretend Trump was ever anything other than an empty-headed, corrupt, cosplay rodeo clown is difficult to accept, but NOW he's suddenly going to lecture us and put on this "responsible adult in the room" persona?

Give me a fucking break you Bridge-gate Bonehead!

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]Chris Christie should atone for his sins by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

It would cause a tsunami.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2021 5:36 PM

Richard, please tell him not to, not on the evenings of my riparian entertainments, just imagine the floods

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2021 12:55 AM

What I honestly wish more than anything else is that one of these people would have the guts to call out Trump's lack of intelligence when it comes to the very office he held. We all know the fucker couldn't even name who wrote the constitution, let alone what is in it.

It is psychotic that someone who couldn't pass a basic civics test became president. It's insane enough that we have a moron from AL as senator who didn't know what the three branches are, but a president who wouldn't know the constitution even if Madison used flash cards to explain it to him, is just frightening even now.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2021 1:11 AM

After the 2016 NH primary, when keeping Trump from gaining the nomination was still a possibility, the defeated Christie became the first national Republican, after Jeff Session, to endorse him.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2021 1:22 AM

The GOP is beyond all repair at this point. It needs to be put down like the rabid beast that it is.

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2021 1:25 AM

No more morbidly obese US presidents! Even Kim Jong Un has lost weight, America! It was embarrassing to send a lardass like Donald Trump to the G6 or on global diplomatic missions to places and see photos of all the world's leaders lined up...with borderline retarded, fatass Trump.

Krispie Creme can sit down and keep eating but no White House for his fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2021 1:37 AM

Unfortunately, R22, the most recent elections show that the party is succeeding quite well in getting votes.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]It is psychotic that someone who couldn't pass a basic civics test became president. It's insane enough that we have a moron from AL as senator who didn't know what the three branches are, but a president who wouldn't know the constitution even if Madison used flash cards to explain it to him, is just frightening even now.

R20, the people who elected him couldn't pass a civics class either and they thought the Declaration of Independence was propaganda so as crazy as it sounds it makes sense that we ended up with people like Trump & Tuberville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Has everybody forgotten that AFTER tRump gave fat fuck Christie Covid, Christie said he voted for him.

This POS needs to be flushed down the crapper of history too, he enabled tRump. Fuck off you fat fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2021 2:01 AM

Christie is desperately trying to salvage his own soiled reputation.

By the way, when is that stomach band going to Start working?

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2021 2:25 AM

He led Trump’s original transition team (until Jerrod forced him out). He talked up Trump every chance he could.

Now that Trump is the absolute failure we all knew he would be, Christie, mudfaced, is pretending he wasn’t involved

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2021 2:27 AM

" I want the party to move past Trump and put its support behind me."

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote]Chris Christie should atone for his sins by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

The result of which will be more flooding downriver in Hoboken.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2021 2:31 AM

Villagers, can’t we just forget the monster made of dead body parts I unleashed on you? We need to move on.

Sincerely, Dr. Frankenstein

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2021 2:33 AM

Says the fat fuck who helped Trump get elected and enabled him the entire time the piece of shit was in the White House.

And no, we're not supporting you, you fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2021 2:33 AM

It's pretty sad that all they have to run on for 2024 is "avenge the 2020 election." They have nothing else to run on.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2021 2:34 AM

He needs to focus on finding his missing cock and balls. Nice gunt, Chris!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2021 2:39 AM

I was just talking to people over dinner about this. I think the GOP win in Virginia is giving sane(ish) Republicans cover to distance from Trump.

The GOP candidate was not backed by Trump…and won. Plus, I suspect they know the dominos will fall in the Jan 6 investigation.

There are a bunch of potential GOP candidates that don’t want Trump to run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2021 2:46 AM

I think they are letting Trump run his mouth and keep the base focused and on board until the hammer drops on 1/6 and they can collectively legitimize dropping him like a hot rock.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2021 2:59 AM

Tough. The people want Trump. The others will back down after his onslaught of attacks that will humiliate all of them. Those attacks will be exhaustingly covered by all media including MSNBC and CNN.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2021 3:15 AM

Does Krispie wear a rug? It always looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2021 3:27 AM

The GQP is issuing fatwas on any Republican that voted for the infrastructure bill (ROADS AND BRIDGES PEOPLE--THIS IS TRULY FUCKED UP).

They will want to kill and destroy anyone like fat fuck Christie that will speak against their bloated orange god. It's laughable to think that someone like him would have a chance in today's tRumpublican Party.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2021 3:39 AM

"Joe Biden won. Donald Trump did not,”

Despite Lardo's best efforts. He defended him for 4 years on pundit shows. And he already admitted he was the one who coached Trump for that deplorable first debate. But said Turd went overboard ("He was too hot!").

Trump doesn't care if bad books come out about him. Any attention is good attention to him. He must be in the news every single day.

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote]I think they are letting Trump run his mouth and keep the base focused and on board until the hammer drops on 1/6 and they can collectively legitimize dropping him like a hot rock.

Perhaps but they had the chance to dump him back in January right after the attack happened and they didn't take it, so can't say I'm all that certain they'll take it now.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote]I've moved Post Chris Christie.

I've moved my Post cereals away from Chris Christie, my Cookie Crisp and Cocoa Pebbles in particular. Fat bitch already shoved a box of my Honey Bunches of Oats in his prodigious gunt.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2021 5:23 AM

Don't listen to Christie. Listen to someone with brains:

“Donald Trump led us into a ditch on January 6,” Gonzalez told Tapper. “The former president lied to us, and in doing so, he cost us the House, the Senate and the White House. I see, fundamentally, a person who shouldn’t be able to hold office again because of what he did around January 6. But I also see somebody who’s an enormous political loser.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2021 10:07 PM

Donald J. Trump beats off his tiny meat and fingers his asshole every night to the dream that he will return triumphant to the Oval Office in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2021 10:12 PM

Republicans with any real common sense MUST realize that there are only two ways to win the coming Presidential election: 1) Cheat (if Trump is the nominee), or 2) get rid of Trump in favor of someone (anyone) else, who might have a chance at winning. The only hope that the second strategy can be tried is if enough of them, like this Gonzalez guy and Liz Cheney and Kinzinger, can create a swell of folks who will actually admit the truth, that Trump fucked them all over (and that he is, basically, a moronic psychopath). I'd hate to see them win an election, but the risk involved in letting Shitler run again is just too chilling for me, it could really spell the end of our government.

by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2021 10:15 PM

Cancel Chris Krispy Kreme Christie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2021 10:16 PM

The fact that he called Biden's policies "dangerous" shows he's spewing bullshit propaganda. That's not something a serious person would say. I agree that he would go back to giving Trump a rimjob if he thought it would benefit his most important cause, Chris Christie's political career. He would pimp out his grandmother if it meant becoming a cabinet member. Why is the media covering this soulless has-been?

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2021 10:21 PM

I have a close relative who was lifelong friends with Christie's parents. She said that even when Christie appears to be talking against Trump, they are actually still very close friends. Maybe that is different now, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2021 11:19 AM

80% of Republican voters would vote for Trump again.

There's no moving past Trump w/ that kind of number. He literally IS the party now.

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2021 11:35 AM

That’s the problem, r49. However, that isn’t enough to win a national election. There are way too many voters who would come out and vote against Dump. I mean, I love Joe Biden, but even I recognize that, in a non-Dump year, he would have had loads of trouble getting elected. More than 80 million people voted for him just to send a fuck you to Dump.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2021 12:41 PM

Christie is full of shit, and of course the GOP-stenographer press is helping him sell it.

[quote]Asked by CNN’s Dana Bash if he would support the former president should he lead the GOP ticket in 2024, Christie, a former White House adviser under Trump, would not give a firm answer. “Oh look, I don’t know that he’s going to run. I don’t know whether I’m going to run,” Christie told Bash during an interview for the episode “Being… Chris Christie,” part of CNN’s “Being…” series, which is set to air on Monday.

[quote]When Bash noted the likelihood of another Trump run, Christie still refused to give a firm answer on if he would support the former president. “He’s seriously considering it. Let's see what happens when he does. And let's see who he is and what he says and how he conducts himself,” Christie said. Pressed again on the question, Christie said, “I'm not gonna to sit here and 2021 and prejudge all this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2021 12:50 PM

R50 Well, I never said he'd win a national election.

Just that if 80% of Republicans are still willing to vote for him, he'd be the GOP nominee...over and over.

Remember that pre-Jan 6, that number was 90%.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2021 12:53 PM

R20, the constitution is a fine document… a terrific piece of paper. It’s the best document the greatest nation could ever have. When Abe Lincoln signed it, he knew what he was doing. Terrific guy. Played golf with him once.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote] It's pretty sad that all they have to run on for 2024 is "avenge the 2020 election." They have nothing else to run on.

What did they run on in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote] Chris Christie Wants the Post-Trump G.O.P. to Move Past Trump

Of course he does, because he helped create it. What is with this Christie media blitz by the major news organizations attempting to help him? There is a CNN special on Chris Christie with Dana Bash tonight and I bet most the questions will be softballs.

by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2021 3:21 PM

R55 Now that Trump is out of power, the media are back to doing the classic GOP-isn't-so-bad routine. Even MSNBC is doing it.

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2021 3:49 PM

^They are very open to publicizing ANY Republican who wants to say that Trump is fucking lying about the election being "stolen". As well they should be. If enough of these people repeat the truth often enough it will help the facts sink into the minds of the mouth-breathing morons who pretend to believe Trump's deranged lies.

by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2021 3:57 PM

R57 the problem is the press will publicize any GOP who says whatever they hell they want, but the press will not address how even the ones "disagreeing" with Trump about the election are helping set the stage for future voter suppression and election-stealing. It's easy to say "oh Trump lost, let's get over it" when your party is gaming the system to ensure he won't lose again. And at the same time telling everyone to just forget about Jan. 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2021 4:12 PM

Fat Fuck Christie also coached tRump in his debate prep for the Presidential debates against Biden (which is when tRump gave him Covid). One of his coaching strategies was to try and get tRump to trigger Biden's stutter (FYI-Biden has had a life long stutter).

Yeah, Christie is sure some nice guy. And don't even get me started about him shutting down the GW Bridge to get revenge on a mayor that didn't endorse him.

Piece of giant blubbery shit.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2021 4:36 PM

Wow. He is running for President as anti-Trump. This is huge. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2021 3:45 AM

R56, I saw him on Brian Williams earlier. You're absolutely right about the attempt to rehabilitate that garbage party.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2021 4:34 AM

He’s also doing CNN and NYTimes in addition to ABC and MSNBC. And now Newsweek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2021 4:52 AM

This is a huge deal people. This is the biggest news in 5 years. People have to understand what is going on behind the scenes. There is a reason he decided to hit all the outlets on a Monday and go in so so hard like this. He could win the nomination because he is going big tent vs the base. Strap in.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2021 4:56 AM

This is the only guy who can break the dam. He is going for it. There is tons of support for this.

The only way to kill Kim Jung Tang is death by a thousand cuts. The republicans are starting to put it together. They have to Julius Caesar his ass politically speaking. That’s the only way. That is the only way republicans can shed this parasite.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2021 4:59 AM

Garbage party is right, R61. After January 6, MAGA should have been designated by the FBI as exactly what it is -- a full-blown terrorist organization that cloaks itself within the confines of the Republican party. And in my opinion, any Rethug who's serious about taking the party back from Trump and these monsters should step up and say the same.

Word to the wise: don't hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2021 5:13 AM

"Big tent" is right, R63. He'll have the biggest caftan in there.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]There is a reason he decided to hit all the outlets on a Monday and go in so so hard like this.

The reason is he's got a book to sell.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2021 12:15 PM

Everybody launches their campaign with a book. It’s a tradition.

He is running and sees a chance.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Everybody hates Trump.

Everybody.

Even republicans.

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2021 12:22 PM

And everyone knows Christie would vote for him again if Trump is the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2021 12:24 PM

Fat Fatty's visage is as repulsive as donald's - a puffy, pimply, grossly-textured face to add to our overload of broadcast and print ugly. NYC's mayor-elect has a face that can stop clocks, few of my city's residents are looking forward to four years of that.

Oh, for the pre-television days of radio when the only time you saw certain stomach-churning images was in the print medium or in person.

Stop The Ugly. Stop The Ugly That Be!

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote]There is tons of support for this.

Don't say "tons." It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2021 1:48 PM

Once a POS, always a POS.

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2021 1:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2021 5:23 PM

I've been saying this all along R74. Chris Christie voted for tRump AFTER tRump gave him Covid.

That says all you need to know about Chris Christie's integrity. I guess he's getting so much attention in the media because they're desperate to show that there are still some "normal" Republicans left. [Newsflash--there are not]

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2021 5:27 PM

R69, hell throw in his own family. They hate him, too.

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote] Chris Christie voted for tRump AFTER tRump gave him Covid.

That’s only because Big Don was instrumental in getting approval for the monoclonal antibodies given to me, er, I mean him. Remember, it wasn’t an authorized treatment at that time and without it, I would’ve been, I mean HE would’ve been a goner.

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2021 7:52 PM

I don’t think democrats will vote for him but the this will make the primaries interesting.

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2021 8:02 PM

The news media loves Christie, I can't quite figure out why, because Christie sure doesn't return the love. As I said above Christie will never get the Trump stink off of him, but his own stink might cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2021 9:09 PM

He knows how to be a big fucking mouth except when it comes to calling out FOX.

You don't get to scream about a house fire and ignore the pyromaniacs involved in starting it.

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]He knows how to be a big fucking mouth except when it comes to calling out FOX.

Yes - pretending he was not aware of what Tucker was up to on his shows came off as not exactly genuine. Nicole seemed a little skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2021 9:58 PM

Did he finally figure out that Trump only kept him around to make him look less fat?

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote] I don’t think democrats will vote for him but the this will make the primaries interesting.

Or not, R78

I can't imagine Christie will make any inroads with the sort of people who vote in GOP primaries.

Especially if the first primary is in Iowa where there aren't many of the suburban Romney Republicans who would be his natural base.

It would only get interesting if there was a debate of some sort, but Trump would do a combination of flat out lying and embracing his failures as victories which might only serve to motivate Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2021 10:12 PM

If Christie were to become President, his first jobs plan would be enlarging all of the doorways and reinforcing the floors in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2021 10:37 PM

Chris Christie high school photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2021 10:38 PM

Mary Pat must be an extraordinary cook. ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2021 10:39 PM

Christie doesn't seem to understand how cults work. They need their leader...

by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2021 10:53 PM

It’s like saying you’d still have someone babysit your kids even after they were convicted of child abuse. It says more about you than the molester.

by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2021 12:03 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2021 12:54 AM

[quote] "Where he has fallen down… most starkly is from election night forward," said Christie, on Trump's election lies.

Trump's falling down was after the election in 2016 and the 2020 election. Christie only thinks the falling down was after the 2020 election.

by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2021 1:26 AM

You guys are a bunch of dense idiots.

He is walking the primary line. He is not trying to alienate Trump voters. He’s trying to slowly win them over.

by Anonymousreply 91November 17, 2021 1:45 AM

Notice how, when bashing the current administration, fat fatty always refers to it as "Joe Biden and Kamala Harris." Blow that dog whistle, stinky! The racist base hears it loud and clear.

Christie's photo on the front cover of his book must be from years ago when he was much slimmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 17, 2021 6:56 AM

Get Christie love. "You're under a delusion, sugar."

by Anonymousreply 93November 17, 2021 7:57 AM

The GOP's issue with Trump now is two-fold:

1. His grifting hurts their own donation grift bottom line. You think Trump is sharing his spoils with them? No way.

2. Him weaponizing his Deplorable army for his own benefit. They would love to have control over them to further intimidate (look like proper bullies who get whatever they want without compromise) Liberal representatives into submission or place them in a defensive position, but Trump will not his Deplorable army go. At least not without being sure he can't use them any longer (no longer willing to go to prison for him or buy his merchandise) and not without getting paid handsomely (after all they are just a valuable asset to him that can be bought on the cheap and sold with a huge profit).

by Anonymousreply 94November 17, 2021 8:16 AM

Sorry .... ,but Trump will not LET his Deplorable army go.

by Anonymousreply 95November 17, 2021 8:17 AM

I hate all Repugs -- but Christie's not braindead or insane like Trump, DeSantis, Cruz, most of them. He's smart.

But then, so is McConnell and he may be the worst of all.

Doom, despair and agony on Dems... If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Is the only hope the least bad Republican?

by Anonymousreply 96November 17, 2021 8:26 AM

Personally, I don't consider McConnell or Christie smart since their own hubris made them think they can use Trump, but Trump humiliated both of them in the long run. Sure McConnell got what he wanted (stacking the court with right wing judges), but the GOP has strategized itself into a corner where it will not get away with acting all high almighty for decades (if the party still exists by then).

by Anonymousreply 97November 17, 2021 8:34 AM

It is plain as day that if Trump doesn't get whatever it is he decides he wants re the coming election, he will take his "army" with him and walk, for the sake of fucking over the Republican party. That's the way he is. And the whole thing right now, for him, comes down to maximizing the sum of money he can get out of the next 3 years, and safeguarding himself against dangerous legal consequences of his past actions.

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2021 2:04 PM

He's trying to sell his new book

by Anonymousreply 99November 17, 2021 2:22 PM

R97, the country will be destroyed because f what they've done. Frankly, I wish we had a Dem version of McConnell. Schumer is spineless and naive about the future. He keeps pathetically talking about the "history books" being written about what the Republicans are doing. You mean the ones the GOP will burn and just take this country to hell?

by Anonymousreply 100November 17, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] He's trying to sell his new book

Oh.

Good take. None of us had even thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 101November 17, 2021 4:08 PM

Logic cleanup on Aisle R99!

by Anonymousreply 102November 17, 2021 4:11 PM

Hah r100 they are stupid because they got check mated. They got Trumped, so to speak.

Cristine is the smart one here. He saw the data that an ever so small number of republicans are ready to move on. I’ve seen it in real life. It’s just in the last few weeks really. I bet that Cristine wrote that book within less than a month. He saw the data and jumped first.

Christie is extremely intelligent on many levels. He could totally win in 2024. A lot can change but the first man out has an advantage. He is built into every other election conversation from here on out. Free publicity.

Don’t count him out. Voters have short memories.

by Anonymousreply 103November 17, 2021 4:21 PM

*Christie

Not Cristine, smh

by Anonymousreply 104November 17, 2021 4:22 PM

Whoever the Koch brother backs will have the best chance. Maybe C.C. is sniffing around for their favor.

by Anonymousreply 105November 17, 2021 4:24 PM

fat fatty, you got some 'splaining to do. You swore fidelity to your golden idol; whatcha gonna do now that he no longer trusts you?

And nobody's buying your fucking book, you tuskless freak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 17, 2021 4:34 PM

Hats off to Eugene Robinson for writing this column. If there's one thing I'm sick of, it's the media always trying to portray the Democrats as being a mess while letting Rethugs off the hook despite the fact their party is a complete horror and shitshow:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 17, 2021 5:21 PM

Yes, what exactly does the GOP stand for nowadays?

Certainly not fiscal conservatism. Certainly not family values.

by Anonymousreply 108November 17, 2021 8:03 PM

Law and….

Ok, I couldn’t even get that out without laughing.

by Anonymousreply 109November 17, 2021 8:05 PM

I know R107, every beltway media perspective is Democrats in Disarray. Excuse me, what do they think will happen if the GQP retakes the house in 2022? There will be a huge fight for Speaker--Trump vs. Kevin McCarthy. But we won't hear much from the Chuck Turds about Republican infighting.

by Anonymousreply 110November 17, 2021 8:33 PM

Chris Christie slams people who attack his weight, forgets he supported the guy who attacks people’s weight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2021 9:05 PM

I never understood all of the public executions with the guillotine during The French Revolution, with heads on pikes, etc. Now I’m starting to understand. It will be interesting to see where this rampant impunity eventually leads this country.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] There will be a huge fight for Speaker--Trump vs. Kevin McCarthy.

You really believe trump would want Speaker?

No way.

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2021 10:05 PM

Christie in that photo looks like he's fantasizing imagining what Trump seasoned, rolled and baked in Panko would taste like.

by Anonymousreply 114November 18, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote] You really believe trump would want Speaker?

I think Trump would want the Speaker job, he wants to impeach Biden, even though there won't be the votes to convict, but Trump is all about revenge. Trump also is unhappy with McCarthy during the Jan 6th insurrection when McCarthy said to Trump on the phone, "Who the fuck do you think you are talking to" screwing McCarthy out of the one thing he wants most would be sweat revenge for Trump. Trump could always get someone else to do the every day grind of Speaker but he would love to sit up there and swing the gavel and impeach Biden, hell he would probably try and impeach Obama too.

by Anonymousreply 115November 18, 2021 12:54 AM

You actually have to do some work as Speaker, you can’t sit around and watch TV all day. Trump wouldn’t last a month.

by Anonymousreply 116November 18, 2021 1:55 AM

He’d have Ivanka sit in for him once elected.

by Anonymousreply 117November 18, 2021 2:00 AM

Well, the fear some have is that, if Republicans win both the House and Senate, McCarthy would make Trump speaker, then they would impeach and remove both Biden and Harris, which would automatically make Trump president again. Sounds crazy, yes, but the thought is out there.

by Anonymousreply 118November 18, 2021 2:02 AM

To remove Biden the Republicans would need to hold 67 Senate seats and all of them would have to vote to convict, that was the problem with impeaching Trump, you can't get enough votes to do it.

BTW, R118 it isn't in McCarthy's power to make anyone Speaker, the Speaker is elected by a majority of the members of the House, Trump could get elected Speaker without being a member of the house, but McCarthy doesn't have the power to appoint anyone speaker.

by Anonymousreply 119November 18, 2021 2:10 AM

Thanks, R119.

by Anonymousreply 120November 18, 2021 2:14 AM

Feb. 26, 2016, Christie endorses Trump

[quote]“The single most important thing for the Republican Party is to nominate the person who gives us the best chance to beat Hillary Clinton,” Christie said at a news conference in Fort Worth, Texas. “I can guarantee that the one person Hillary and Bill Clinton don’t want to see on that stage come next September is Donald Trump.”

[quote]“He is rewriting the playbook of American politics because he is providing strong leadership that is not dependent upon the status quo."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 18, 2021 2:21 AM

Christie really does have the gift of gab though. Anderson seemed a bit on edge yesterday trying to outwit him. Christie had an answer for everything. AC started to giggle (his tell of nervousness.)

by Anonymousreply 122November 18, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote] You really believe trump would want Speaker?

You really believe trump would want President?

I agree he is a lazy POS that would kick his turds out of the bed littered with KFC buckets and McRib wrappers because he's a lazy shithead. But yes, he wanted to be President and he ABSOLUTELY would be Speaker of the House because of the title and the power. It's not about the job or how much work is involved. Did you learn nothing of 2016-2020????

by Anonymousreply 123November 18, 2021 5:10 AM

[quote]Christie really does have the gift of gab though. Anderson seemed a bit on edge yesterday trying to outwit him. Christie had an answer for everything. AC started to giggle (his tell of nervousness.)

Nicolle Wallace: "Hold my beer."

by Anonymousreply 124November 18, 2021 7:12 AM

Nah, I don’t think Dump would want to be speaker. As others have pointed out, it involves work, and furthermore, as speaker, he’s not top banana. He’d have to mingle with the other congresspeople too. But he’d love to watch a Republican House impeach Biden. It would be on his tv 24-7.

But call me an optimist in that I think they wouldn’t. First of all, they won’t catch Biden doing shit like Dump did with Ukraine and Jan. 6. Second of all, I’m convince that half the party actually hates Dump because he has a stranglehold on them. But they have to pretend to support him.

by Anonymousreply 125November 18, 2021 12:43 PM

[quote]Second of all, I’m convince that half the party actually hates Dump because he has a stranglehold on them.

Very true. Senators, especially. If it weren't so damaging to our Republic, it would be amusing how senators like Cruz and Rubio, who disdain the orange one, have to kiss his ass constantly to keep their loony constituents in line.

by Anonymousreply 126November 18, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote]Very true. Senators, especially

Agree, although I think there are a number of members of the house who have drunk the Kool-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 127November 18, 2021 2:07 PM

R50 yet, it was still VERY close in the electoral college. We are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 128November 18, 2021 3:04 PM

Funny, under the same electoral college results in 2016, dump considered it a “landslide.”

Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 129November 18, 2021 3:05 PM

Mark Meadows Suggests Donald Trump Should Become Speaker of the House

Tell me again about how Trump doesn't want to be Speaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 19, 2021 2:05 AM

I didn't know a non-member could be speaker of the house. Has anyone ever come close to doing that?

by Anonymousreply 131November 19, 2021 2:28 AM

Cheatolini would ABSOLUTELY want to be the Speaker of the House — for a hot second so he could preside over Biden’s impeachment. And, yes, the Repukes would be more than happy to follow the orange idiot over that cliff and impeach Biden on some flimsy pretext, just because tRump wants it to happen and as payback for the two Drumpf impeachments. No, the Senate wouldn’t convict him. But the Rethugs don’t care. They just want to embarrass Joe.

And tRump would ditch the job just as quickly to run for President again.

by Anonymousreply 132November 19, 2021 3:05 AM

One more step towards this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 19, 2021 3:56 AM

Jonathan Karl the ABC reporter who has a book out about Trump trying to steal the election said on The View today that although those close to him say otherwise he doesn't think Trump will run for reelection.

by Anonymousreply 134November 19, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote]Mark Meadows Suggests Donald Trump Should Become Speaker of the House. Tell me again about how Trump doesn't want to be Speaker.

Okay, Trump doesn't want to be Speaker. Meadows is just shoveling up more read meat to excite the rubes. That's what the Republicans call governing today.

by Anonymousreply 135November 19, 2021 10:22 AM

At least Christie has some guts here u like all the other spineless republicans scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2021 7:32 PM

R136, Christie doesn't have "guts," he has a tremendous nerve (in the bad sense of that word) and unmitigated gall. If you admire him in ANY way, you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2021 7:40 PM

I completely agree r137

Much better said.

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2021 7:46 PM

He is at least smart enough to realize that trump is old news.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2021 7:53 PM

No, R139, he's not even right about that. I wish he were, but tragically, no.

by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2021 7:56 PM

They are all trying to have their cake and eat it too. (In Kristie Kreme’s case a LOT of cake.) They want the tRump voters without having tRump anywhere near them. But, if questioned about supporting Cheatolini in 2024, they weasel their way into some mushy acquiesce to the Orange Blob.

And don’t be fooled that any one of these clowns would be much better than tRump. They all have the same goals of filling the federal courts with reach-wingers, cutting taxes for the wealthiest, and dismantling the government and any regulations on businesses. Oh, and turning back any progress on women’s rights and civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2021 8:13 PM

R122 that’s right. Agree with him or not he’s the ideal talk show guest and whatever corner you try to paint him in he can argue his was out of anything - and usually convincingly too, at least at the time. Some lawyers always have that mindset long after they’ve stopped practicing.

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2021 8:29 PM

Of course, Bill Maher had him on for his last show of the year.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote] that’s right. Agree with him [christie] or not he’s the ideal talk show guest and whatever corner you try to paint him in he can argue his was out of anything - and usually convincingly too, at least at the time. Some lawyers always have that mindset long after they’ve stopped practicing.

And then, to his abject humiliation, chris christie sat down to chew the fat with the masterful Nicolle Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2021 9:12 PM

He’ll chew anything.

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2021 9:16 PM

Chris Christie the Jabba The Hutt of the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2021 9:31 PM

Sounds like a choir at this point.

by Anonymousreply 147November 22, 2021 3:37 PM
by Anonymousreply 148November 22, 2021 3:40 PM

I wonder what he would like like if he lost some weight. He might be handsome under there.

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2021 4:48 PM

He is not handsome. Average perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2021 4:54 PM

What makes anybody think this guy is acceptable to the almighty Republican "base?" They were ready to crucify him for cooperating with Obama during Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

And they still hate the fat fuck for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2021 11:07 PM

It sort of fascinates me how Christie is so good at answering questions. Jen Psaki fascinates me that way too. I mean who knows if the answers are true but they never get flustered and just say whatever comes to them.

Where did they learn to do that? Speech classes/debate teams in school?

I never had those. I wish they did.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2021 1:27 AM

R152 that’s exactly what I was saying. It’s true.

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2021 3:29 AM

Wasn’t he Trump’s debate practice partner? Hunts with the hounds and runs with the hares.

by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2021 3:36 AM

Fat Fuck Validates Election Conspiracy Theories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 24, 2021 6:17 PM

R152, in the case of Christie: He has no conscience.

by Anonymousreply 156November 28, 2021 4:57 AM

R155 is that before or after the book?

by Anonymousreply 157November 28, 2021 10:30 AM

He did not make the best seller list this week. That’s pretty surprising given the press he did.

by Anonymousreply 158November 28, 2021 10:30 AM

He will never be president no matter how hard he dreams

by Anonymousreply 159November 28, 2021 1:03 PM

R158, no one gives a shit about him or his book. Do you know even one person, conservative or liberal, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 160November 28, 2021 1:04 PM

Chris Christie wants a donut.

by Anonymousreply 161November 28, 2021 2:24 PM

He knows he doesn’t have a chance. This is all a vanity project and he’ll make money, too! He’ll set up an exploratory committee and hire some people at huge salaries who will be influential in getting his name out there and raising money, speaking fees, handjobbing corporate hotshots.

by Anonymousreply 162November 28, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote] Chris Christie wants a donut.

“A” donut? As in just one?

Oh, honey.

by Anonymousreply 163November 28, 2021 2:47 PM

Deplorables dont read but they do vote. Even dead ones.

by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2021 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!