Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sharon Stone can wear a dress better than anyone her age

Timeless chic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2021 1:33 PM

I must admit for someone nearly twice my age, she looks stunning and can wear a dress better than I can.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2021 5:12 AM

It's so odd that Michael Douglas wouldn't agree to having her name above the title with his in Basic Instict yet she is the only reason people remember the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2021 5:15 AM

Good bone structure , good genes, always fit, and any cosmetic surgery she may have had done was the bare minimum. God only knows what the Kartrashians will look like at her age

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2021 5:28 AM

I remember her gap T-shirt at the Oscars.

What did Joan Rivers say about that? I'm guessing she loved it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2021 5:38 AM

Why is she gaping with her mouth like that? Does she not know how ridiculous she looks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2021 9:13 AM

It’s called “laughing”, r5.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2021 9:51 AM

so much black - so funereal!

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2021 9:56 AM

She does look stunning there, and generally as well. But I don’t think, from other events and her own instagram, that she has natural good taste. Frequently she looks like a very good looking housewife from flyover country. But when she looks good it is difficult to surpass her.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2021 10:03 AM

She's beautiful

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2021 10:14 AM

She's dressing age appropriate unlike Madonna who is around the same age.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2021 10:20 AM

Unfortunately, SS may dress well for her age yet she's dating a 25 year old rapper and hangs out with Drake and Chris Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2021 10:50 AM

Stone is fabulous here. She grasps what is seemingly paradoxical, but isn't.

Lots of aging women make the mistake of thinking that revealing more will make them seem younger, and yet, just the opposite is true. It actually accentuates their age.

The cut of that gown proves that, as you age, more coverage gives a fresher look than more revealing. The trick is to separate coverage that is matronly from what is fresh and current as Stone's gown is here.

And I hate the truth of the following, because they're a bitch to wear, but there is no getting around it- proper undergarments- foundation garments, if you prefer- are not dispensable. They dictate and guide the proper drape of a gown.

During Red Carpets, such as they are nowadays I still am astounded how I can see belly rolls ( as a result of jelly rolls) and muffin tops ruining the look of a gown.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2021 10:54 AM

R10 I was thinking the same thing. She and Madonna are the exact same age.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2021 11:09 AM

I wish she’d grow her hair a bit longer. I think it would be very pretty. She still has the face.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2021 11:17 AM

I was. looking at SS's gown and comparing it to what Markle wore at the Intrepid event. I am thinking that Markle should have worn something like this with less fabric in the skirt (because she is shorter than SS). SS looks great!

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2021 11:32 AM

Word for word, r15. I was comparing this gown to Markle's, too!

Even at her comparatively young age to Stone's, I've always argued that Markle should stick to simple, tailored and subtle, both in gowns and day wear. She simply lacks the physical dimensions to carry the frou-frou, busy, revealing, just too much crapola and texture gowns that she mistakenly favors.

Markle's pretty coloring would allow her to go bold with color.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Thanks Della! I think a dress like this in royal blue or eggplant would have looked great on MM for that "somber" event at the Intrepid. She looked like Belle Watling in that red mess.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2021 11:46 AM

"Belle Watling"

lol, r17!

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]Sharon Stone can wear a dress better than anyone her age

I think a few DL eldgergays would offer stiff competition.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2021 11:56 AM

R12 - and by contrast, Hannah Waddingham is Princess Malibu Barbie.

Stone is proof of the adage that, like Audrey Hepburn and Halle Berry, beautiful women with that rare combination of strong bone structure and delicate prettiness ought to wear short hair, always.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2021 12:14 PM

R20, agree. I’d add Halle Berry and Charlize Theron to that list. It’s actually a flex, to be beautiful enough to wear short hair and look *lovely* and more pretty than all the other women around you with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2021 12:32 PM

Whoops, you mentioned Berry already.

Well, she can be mentioned twice. Gorgeous woman.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2021 12:33 PM

Without a doubt r22. With short hair, Halle Berry is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Long hair, she looks anonymous.

Also Keira Knightley. With short hair in Bend It Like Beckham and Domino, she’s cool as hell. Her big jaw is an asset. With long hair it’s all beady eyes and odd, fishlike teeth.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] Unfortunately, SS may dress well for her age yet she's dating a 25 year old rapper and hangs out with Drake and Chris Brown

Honestly, it’s hard for women like her of that age to date. She’s too old to give birth and has a lot of baggage. Not to mention she’s too intimidating for 90% of the population.

Men like a 25 year old rapper are probably the only ones with the balls to go for her.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2021 4:24 AM

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2021 5:51 AM

[quote] Frequently she looks like a very good looking housewife from flyover country

Well she is Pennsylvania Irish

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2021 12:05 PM

Sharon Stone?

She's a purdy lady.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2021 12:06 PM

I always wonder how she lost custody of her first child. The mother hardly ever loses a custody battle.

She must be a bit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2021 3:39 AM

Mothers do lose custody battles, it's rare for a father to go for primary physical custody.

Stone's a freak and she's crazy and she's a huge liar. Did you guys forget all the "Crazy Sharon" stories we've heard over the years? But she looks a lot better than Madonna, I'll give her that.

She didn't get above the title billing with Michael Douglas because Michael Douglas was a huge fucking movie star and Sharon Stone definitely was not. They were not equals.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2021 3:56 AM

In Miss Dunaway's biography she says she encouraged Sharon to ask for above the title billing like she had been given on Bonnie and Clyde (although someone on DL told me Miss Dunaway had to take a pay cut to get it.)

She criticizes Douglas for not being generous towards Stone.

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2021 3:58 AM

Does she just have attend rich people’s parties and red carpets? Miss seeing her in things. Loved her on SUV.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2021 4:26 AM

She’s pretty much a fundraiser these days. And a pretty successful one, I guess. And is a spokesmodel for some brands.

She posted this on her stories today 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2021 11:45 AM

Her mom had a stroke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2021 3:03 AM

Della, are you a stylist? I always appreciate your observations.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2021 3:28 AM

Did she go Commando? Her nice flaps and dirty blonde landing strip made her a star.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2021 3:31 AM

I don't think she pulls off short at all. Same for Theron. They are both way too tall and big boned looking to do it, you need to be petite with small sharp bones. Charlize in particular looks more and more like a man everyday, very hard faced and butch.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]proper undergarments- foundation garments, if you prefer- are not dispensable.

That's not what they told me on the Basic Instinct set!

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2021 4:26 AM

R35 you’re an idiot. She was excellent in basic instinct. Thank god I’m gay so I didn’t get hung up ob a fucking two second shadowy vagina flash.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2021 4:30 AM

Sharon Stone looks great without looking fake. That key that SOOOOOOOO many Hollywood aging queens dont seem to get. They think more money, more plastic makeover the younger they will look. FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2021 4:37 AM

Stone looks her age and looks incredible. no dentures,raggedy hair extensions or burn victim fillers.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2021 6:12 AM

That’s the key. Her goal is to look good - not to look “young”.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2021 8:16 AM

You're sweet, r34, thank you, but no I'm not a stylist, but, I had a stylist - my Mother.

She had innate good taste, style, and restraint; the kind of Mom, when she was past a middle-age, and she attended, say, a Holidays social event, her adult children were proud to be seen with her. She could make denim look elegant. She always was properly covered with just the right amount of tasteful bling.

She showed me, not taught me , about proper undergarments. Decades ago, I tried on for her a new dress to wear to dress-up wedding (when those types of social occasions still existed). I tried it on without pantyhose and we both looked in the mirror. I could tell from her expression she wasn't pleased.

"Try it on with sheer pantyhose", she said. Reluctantly, I did. "Now, look in the mirror." Amazing. I could not get over how much better I looked in the dress, because, of course, in addition to covering my legs, the hose also smoothed my waist-line.

"Remember, undergarments dictate the drape of a dress, smoothes out your waist, and adds polish to your look."

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2021 12:54 PM

My goal is to look young not great. Also I’m a dried up vagina sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2021 1:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!