Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Love wins tonight': Nine months after coming out, T.J. Osborne celebrates by kissing boyfriend at CMA Awards

Country star T.J. Osborne capped off a “crazy rollercoaster of a year” at the 55th annual CMA Awards Wednesday when his band Brothers Osborne won Vocal Duo of the Year and he celebrated by exchanging an on-air kiss with his boyfriend, Abi Ventura.

“It's been a crazy rollercoaster of a year for us in so many ways, especially for me emotionally,” T.J. said during his brief but touching acceptance CMAs speech, once he made it to the stage. "And to have you all support me, it really does feel like love wins tonight. Thank you.”

T.J.’s supportive older sibling and bandmate, John Osborne, excitedly added, “Give this boy a round of applause! We love this genre. We love the people. We love all of you so much.”

Later in the evening, Brothers Osborne performed their confessional ballad “Younger Me,” which T.J. wrote after he came out publicly in February. “For many years I would watch this show, year after year, and I always thought how incredible it would be — I would dream of being up here on this stage,” T.J. told the crowd at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. “And there's so many things, there were so many hurdles for me, and I always felt, truthfully felt, like it would never be possible because of my sexuality to be here. And I just wish my younger me could see me now.”

T.J. then addressed his younger, closeted self, singing, “Younger me made it harder than it had to be/Trying hard to dodge my destiny would get the best of me/Younger me, way too young to pace a bedroom floor/Always dreamed of kicking down the door/What were you waiting for?” and “Hanging out but not quite fitting in/Didn't know that being different really wouldn't be the end.”

While those close to T.J. had known for years that he is gay, the country star only came out publicly in Feburary in a candid interview with Time magazine. In the article, he said it was “so lonely and isolating” being closeted, and explained, “I find myself being guarded for not wanting to talk about something that I personally don’t have a problem with. That feels so strange. … I want to get to the height of my career being completely who I am. … I’ve kept a part of me muted, and it’s been stifling.”

T.J. acknowledged to Time that coming out was a professional risk given the country genre’s typically conservative fanbase, and he even speculated that “to show up at an awards show with a man would be jaw-dropping to people. It wouldn’t be like, ‘Oh, cool!’” His televised PDA moment with Ventura, however, did receive support and praise from country fans on social media — indicating that the progress the younger T.J. once dreamed of is finally happening in Nashville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2022 4:19 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 4:37 PM

TJ is sexy. I think he's a top because his bf is super fem.

TJ looks like Ryan Reynolds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 4:39 PM

That arena must have needed THE VAPORS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 4:40 PM

No doubt you're hearing the word "woke" in a derogatory way in regards to this.

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 4:46 PM

This was extraordinarily brave of TJ.

I can't imagine the level of hate and derision going on in that arena, when they saw the kiss.

Nevertheless, he said "fuck it" and kissed his boyfriend. I think that some people here truly don't understand how brave it was for him to do this, especially given how conservative these people are.

I only wish we could see the boyfriend's face! I couldn't even find one photo.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 4:49 PM

The boyfriend is said to have an Instagram account r5 but it's set to private.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 5:22 AM

Here you go r5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Oh god the rings and excessive jewelry are repulsive. I really wanted to like this guy but he seems uneducated and basic. I mean, the predictable disposable petite Hispanic boyfriend? So awful. Yuck on all of it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2021 10:59 AM

That bf looks ftm.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Coming out as gay at the Country Music Awards is now equivalent to having gender reassignment surgery on stage at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2021 11:41 AM

I can imagine all those hicks-with-money Repigs telling each other other, "He's a quar!"

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 11:49 AM

Really poking the bear here. Anyways, I would've saved that kiss for my future husband, but maybe his new bf has bottoming skills that I can't even comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 12:03 PM

Maybe he is the future husband.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 12:12 PM

I knew there had to be some masculine white fags in US, in Midwest and South. Not that I have something against effeminate men in the slightest, au contraire, but good to see some diversity.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 12:21 PM

The TimTales of it all.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote] Coming out as gay at the Country Music Awards is now equivalent to having gender reassignment surgery on stage at the Oscars.

Much less with a non-white boyfriend in the photo at R7!!

First he comes out as gay, then he kisses his boyfriend at the CMA's, and then they find out his boyfriend is Blatino!!

Oh, I can just imagine the vapors needed in that arena!

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]Oh, I can just imagine the vapors needed in that arena!

I don't think you understand the colloquial meaning of the term "vapors".

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 1:50 PM

The fact that he is a 6’4” country singer from Deale, Maryland ,and his first gay kiss on national television is with some Latino boy toy is such a cliché-where was Liza when you need her? There are tons of guys like TJ in Nashville, a fact that he is trying to prove, but then like a straight country singer marrying a blond , he sticks to a camp joke ( trophy boy toy). I think that he has just come to understanding he is gay. So maybe this lover is the first or second but won’t be the last? If country had any taste he would secretly be having an affair with another major singer fearful to come out of the barn. Calling Chris Young, Dustin Lynch, Michael Ray.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2021 1:55 PM

R18 - Oh please. He’s probably already sick of this little annoying Latino. This will be over by Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2021 1:57 PM

What kind of redneck name is T.J.? He looks like rough trade. His BF looks even rougher. I don't think this stunt will boost his career with his demographic.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] The fact that he is a 6’4” country singer from Deale, Maryland ,and his first gay kiss on national television is with some Latino boy toy is such a cliché

But the boyfriend doesn't really look Latino.

Actually, he looks a lot like Kenny Babyface Edmonds.

Which is kind of interesting to me, because Babyface might actually be gay too.

He and David Foster spend a lot of time together. But they're both "married."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2021 1:59 PM

"I really wanted to like this guy..."

No you didn't. He's gay and happy and successful. You never wanted to like him. Just admit it to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2021 2:02 PM

R22 - He’s you’re definition of “happy and successful?”

You’re a sad, small, human being.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2021 2:16 PM

R23 Why are you so angry? You do seem like an envious type. We don’t know if he is happy, but he got the courage to be open about his private life and not pretend to be someone else in a very homophobic environment, which really a great thing. And he is successful in his job. So, not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2021 2:22 PM

[quote]where was Liza when you need her?

Not sure, but I think I was laying on the floor of the upstairs shower that night.

Or was that last night?

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2021 3:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2021 9:22 PM

Which one’s the top?

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2021 9:31 PM

R26 - OMG is he a pedophile? It’s like his boyfriend is a little Mexican refugee separated from his parents at the border that TJ had cleaned up and took to the mall for new clothes. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2021 9:38 PM

Can you imagine how happy the refugee is to have this new glitzy life with TJ? Hopefully it lasts at least a few months.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2021 9:44 PM

Well the boyfriends is not my type. Hell either is the singer. But I do admire what he did absolutely. It will absolutely change things.encourage people to be more accepting. The more visible we are the harder it is to silence us

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2021 9:46 PM

Mexican refugee? WTF? The boyfriend is an Ivy League published author educated at Yale. My god, the racism just jumps out from some of you.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2021 9:47 PM

They look like Elio and Oliver from Cmbyn film. Wait until the Charmies discover them.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2021 9:56 PM

The racism on here is fucking gross. But not surprising. Do they speak this way in real life?

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2021 10:02 PM

Boyfriend looks like powerbottom Armond Rizzo.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote] OMG is he a pedophile? It’s like his boyfriend is a little Mexican refugee separated from his parents at the border that TJ had cleaned up and took to the mall for new clothes. Creepy.

You people are fucking terrible at judging age.

His bf looks late 20's to early 30's, to me.

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2021 10:45 PM

You next @David Archuleta

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2021 10:53 PM

I'll bet Archie's a hot bottom, R36.

He's probably still a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2021 10:57 PM

Well if he’s still a virgin then he’s not a bottom, or gay.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2021 11:00 PM

Who thinks Steve Grand is furious that he wasn't on that stage last night accepting an award?

Or, do you think he was a present for T.J. from the boyfriend last night?

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2021 11:23 PM

Why would Steve Grand be at that award?

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2021 11:27 PM

Steve tried to make it in the music biz as an out and proud singer, he even cultivated a good ole boy image.

He may only be known as a guy who sells thongs in 2021, but he really wanted to be famous as a singer/songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2021 9:32 AM

So why didn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]While those close to T.J. had known for years that he is gay,

R18 is an idiot:

[quote]I think that he has just come to understanding he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote] So why didn’t he?

He was outed as a guy who gets fisted.

Aka WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 5:18 PM

So what? So many whores still made it. Carrie Underwood made it, Blake Shelton made it.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 5:20 PM

R43-I meant that he is understanding how to really be himself and gay in the music business. I don’t think I am idiot for assuming that he is learning how to move and manage. I am sure Elton John is not your first call. It never matters if those around you know you are gay. They are keeping your secret not sharing a known thing. I also didn’t like the way he introduced his song on CMAs. Let your music speak. If it’s good you will get your point across.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 7:47 PM

Excuse ME?!

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 8:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2021 12:23 PM

Whew gurl, lots of jealous bitches on here mad that TJ is stretching out that tight Latino bussy every night, instead of their old prolapsed worn out holes

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2021 12:29 PM

R33 yes racism and DL go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. They were VERY critical of the Obama, even blaming then for Hillary's loss; they attacked Meghan from day 1; they use "woke" like the Republicans do, to ridicule the non-white demographic; among other things...

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2021 12:37 PM

DL is exhibiting 1930s levels of racism today.

How dare they be in a mixed race relationship!

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2021 12:41 PM

The bf's bangs are cut too blunt. That extreme bowl cut look doesn't even work for Charlize - and she can rock almost anything.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2021 1:47 PM

I'm not hating on anyone here, but that picture at R48 is just odd.

They look so mismatched in lots of different ways. Height, looks, but most glaringly is that TJ looks like he's walking with a little boy!!

It almost looks creepy because the boyfriend looks really young. I know he's NOT really young, but he just looks really young walking with TJ.

I always get weirded out by older guys who choose boyfriends who look like this, because it makes me think that they secretly have a thing for underaged guys.

Much like those creepy straight men who go to Thailand for "vacation."

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2021 2:25 PM

TJ wears too many rings.

That’s all I’ve got.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]I always get weirded out by older guys who choose boyfriends who look like this, because it makes me think that they secretly have a thing for underaged guys.

r53, if he went out and got with a guy who looks just like his twin, he would be judged for that too. People are never satisfied.

And older straight guys purchase young bimbos all the time and no one cares because that is the way of the world. So gay men should not be held to a different standard.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2021 3:05 PM

R2, T.J. Osbourne is sexier than Ryan Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2021 3:18 PM

Osborne and Nassib are out there trying to undo some of the damage done to the gay brand by the alphabet people.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2021 6:43 PM

Ewww. This country music star is engaging in legal pedophilia. He’s parading around this tiny brown boy, gloating. Even though he’s of legal age, in TJs mind, he’s a beautiful little naive boy, and TJ holds all the power and control.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2021 6:56 PM

I believe his boyfriend is 26.

Twinks are not children.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2021 7:23 PM

Homosexuality AND miscegenation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2021 7:31 PM

If Guadagnino saw them they would get the roles of Elio and Oliver in Cmbyn 2.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2021 7:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 2, 2022 3:17 AM

The dyed blond hair r62. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 63January 2, 2022 4:31 AM

The country music threads don’t go anywhere anymore. I guess all the country lovers have died off. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 64January 2, 2022 4:46 AM

The bf hit the jackpot. Can you imagine. Good for the happy couple. I bet they get a workout. The have some serious passion.

by Anonymousreply 65January 2, 2022 4:49 AM

These young cats know how to get in there these days. The DMs have changed the game. No more hoops to jump through. You don’t have to work your way up from the roadies anymore.

by Anonymousreply 66January 2, 2022 4:51 AM

I wanna see their sex tape

by Anonymousreply 67January 2, 2022 5:07 AM

Ozzy Osbourne's son is gay?! I thought Kelly Osbourne gave off a bit of a dykey vibe.

by Anonymousreply 68January 2, 2022 5:13 AM

R60-LMAO

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2022 5:53 PM

Johnny Cash is dead, and his house burned down down down-Larry Gatlin

by Anonymousreply 70January 2, 2022 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2022 1:43 AM

Damn, R71.

That gurleena must ride TJ's big dick like a bucking bronco!

by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2022 1:51 AM

[Quote]During their acceptance speech, TJ Osborne sent love to his boyfriend Abi Ventura. He said at the end of his speech, "Abi, I love you. Here's to a great night in Vegas!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2022 4:13 AM

How big is TJ's cock?

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2022 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!