Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

College Male Scarcity Has Created a New Phenomenon Called ‘Golden Penis Syndrome’

[QUOTE]With men making up only 40.5% of students, they’re in short supply and high demand. “Golden penis syndrome” leads smug males to engage in dating practices like cheating and ghosting because they’re confident that another girl will always be waiting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 4, 2021 2:08 AM

...and this has always been true.

Mainly because men are looking to get laid, not date.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2021 1:26 AM

They sound like gay tops.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2021 1:31 AM

Piss off, fish - no dick for you.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2021 1:41 AM

40% is now "Scarce?"

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2021 1:53 AM

"They're ruining sex and dating for women" <---- A part of an actual heading from a major news outlet in America.

This is why the media is the enemy of the people.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Oh, Lordy me. We shant talk about such things! It will bring about urges! If only there was some way to avoid things that offend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2021 2:41 AM

It’s about damn time this happened!

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2021 3:00 AM

*Snort* And when the opposite is true....an imbalance that causes a shortage of women (like in China) you get kidnappings, sex trafficking, rape and forced marriages of child brides.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2021 3:09 AM

40% is still a pretty big number. It doesn't exactly make dick a rare commodity.

Also, college students can date non-students and students from other schools. My sister who went to a women's college, and I met two of her college boyfriends; one went to a coed school and the other was a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2021 3:24 AM

The idea of straights fighting over dick (or pussy, for that matter!) is just so ridiculous to me! So many people are straight - if there isn't one immediately available, walk down the street or go to a club and I'm sure you'll come across one!

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2021 3:26 AM

It's like being the only top at RAGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2021 4:00 AM

from the article

[quote]The term was purportedly coined by frustrated female students at Sarah Lawrence College in upstate New York — where three-quarters of all enrollees are the fairer sex.

Sarah Lawrence? Does anyone go there that isn't trans or non-binary or some variation?

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2021 4:17 AM

OMG it’s like reverse China 😱

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2021 4:21 AM

Why does China have so few women? Where did they go?

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2021 4:22 AM

R12 - so a former all women's college creates a term because there are so few straight men going to a known formerly women's college?

This is ridiculous bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2021 4:24 AM

R14 During one-child policy era, most families picked males to carry family line and abandoned the females.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2021 4:32 AM

Ah—Golden Penis. Reminds me of this one time, in band camp . . . Oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2021 4:34 AM

Another girl will be waiting for the guy...until they're not. And that day will come, sometimes sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2021 4:36 AM

I wanted to apply to Sarah Lawrence because they promised all students a private room.

(but it sort of seemed like I'd be outing myself if I want to woman's school and I wasn't ready for that at 17.)

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2021 4:39 AM

Sarah Lawrence and Vassar for a few decades had a lot of straight boys, cute not overly brainiac jock types, unambitious. Vassar rich Alumni even ordered admissions to "degay" the entering classes after early excesses - this was in the 80s. They wanted cute jocky preps.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2021 4:58 AM

How did they degay the applicants?

Drama club in high school and you got rejected?

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2021 5:01 AM

I'm sure it was crude like that, R21. There were interviews as well in those days.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2021 8:40 AM

There have always been male assholes like that. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2021 8:48 AM

They need to be careful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2021 8:53 AM

Am a college lecturer and have only recently realised that the 60% women/40% men split in university enrollment is pretty universal, taking all disciplines into account, not just in the US but here in Europe too. Interesting to speculate on why. That doesn't excuse these women for not even considering a non college-grad, though.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2021 9:22 AM

Young men wisely choose lucrative trades over useless academia. Women are so fucking stupid wasting their time on degrees that impress no one, then compete to slobber desperately over any dick they can get, while the young men fuck stupid bitches and laugh all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2021 9:27 AM

No harm in playing the field in your early 20s. You'll be a long time tied down, and womens' interest in sex sometimes tends to wane after a couple of kids.

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2021 9:51 AM

R25 There was a big push in the US 20 years ago to stop under-recognizing girls in classrooms and especially to encourage them into STEM fields, where they were underrepresented. At the same time, there was a big push to overemphasize STEM and de-emphasize arts and humanities. Boys began to be under-attended to by many teachers because teachers were told to stop overlooking girls. I think there was ironically a sexist assumption embedded in these efforts that boys will simply carry on and naturally excel in all areas even when neglected. It didn't work out that way. As it turns out, any student who is overlooked will become disengaged and ultimately will feel college "is not right for me."

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2021 10:23 AM

R28 Your theory reminds me of this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2021 10:31 AM

Liberal Arts Colleges in particular are glorified Geisha schools. They produce “presentable” future wives for doctors, engineers, and other professionals. Those men will usually have a dumb, but hot mistress on the side, usually the type of girl “you won’t take home to mother.”

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2021 10:32 AM

R30 I'm sure many women still get college degrees and then marry and stop working, but most of the women who go to college go on to take professional jobs. Men are being displaced in the workforce, too. It just won't show up in the news until today's college generation has been working for 10-20 years and middle and upper management are predominantly women. Then people will ask what happened.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2021 10:36 AM

Welcome, time traveler from 1955 @ R30

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2021 1:53 PM

Its all just 'supply and demand'. Seems rather logical to me.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2021 2:10 PM

R25 - Sure it does, for those who are looking for a mate with high earning potential. Is it possible to not go to college and earn well? Yes, absolutely, but that's not readily apparent in the 18 - 22 y.o. population. Obviously the non-college-educated aren't going to be accruing student loan debt, but their bright lucrative future as an entrepreneur isn't easy to discern. If women are looking for a guy with status, then a college degree in a real subject (like engineering, not sociology) is a safer bet. Is it superficial? Sure, but then so is dating someone based on their looks. There's nothing new to see here.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2021 2:26 PM

[QUOTE] 40% is now "Scarce?"

[QUOTE] 40% is still a pretty big number. It doesn't exactly make dick a rare commodity.

What folks like R4 and R9 don’t get is that most men among the 40% are undesirable. Do you think every man at university has women throwing themselves at their feet? There is always a smaller pool of attractive campus men who get all the chicks, and that pool is now the smallest it’s ever been.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2021 2:42 PM

There was a very handsome guy on my floor in the college dorm. random women would go to his door all the time and ask for a porking. He always obliged.

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2021 6:42 PM

Will finding a golden penis get me a behind-the-scenes tour of a dildo factory?

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2021 7:38 PM

It is only the Chads.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Welcome to being gay. We're, what, 10-15% of the total population?

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2021 7:54 PM

I'm quite interested in discovering the golden penis in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2021 7:59 PM

Any reasonably attractive, not socially retarded gay male under 50 who lives near a large Western city can have exponentially more sex than straight men, despite the relative size of the dating pools.

I have never understood posts like R39's.

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2021 8:08 PM

In fact frankly the over-50s can do ok for themselves too.

by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2021 8:11 PM

Feminists wanted equality, that meant just as many women in college as men. Then feminists wanted female supremacy, meaning more women in college while at the same time shunning lesser educated men. Now they are dealing with the consequences of their misandry and many will die childless and alone. This is a problem women created for themselves. 0 sympathy from this gay man.

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2021 8:46 PM

This is only a problem with upper middle class women. Working class women are swimming in dick. Women with dumb degrees in theater, basket weaving, and literature think they're too good for plumbers or electricians.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] What folks like [R4] and [R9] don’t get is that most men among the 40% are undesirable. Do you think every man at university has women throwing themselves at their feet? There is always a smaller pool of attractive campus men who get all the chicks, and that pool is now the smallest it’s ever been.

What you apparently don’t understand is how to read a headline. It said “male scarcity,” …….not “hot, elite sexy stud males scarcity.” Those have always been scarce.

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2021 8:53 PM

Like I can trust anything a Murdoch rag publishes. Guess you guys also watch Faux News and read the Daily Heil?

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2021 9:00 PM

R43 Isn't it the same with gay men. Most of them end their days childless and alone.

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2021 10:48 PM

R41 R42 You are very optimistic for a concearned guy.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2021 10:49 PM

'cause now they will fuck/get sucked by a guy and no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2021 10:55 PM

R48, It's just a throwaway name really, I think I was trying to say something about the 2020 US Presidential election at the time.

But seriously, was my comment so optimistic? Surely it's obvious that it's incredibly easier for most gay guys to find sex, if they want it, *relative to a straight man of the same age, looks, social status, etc* (the last part is important).

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote]Women with dumb degrees in theater, basket weaving, and literature think they're too good for plumbers or electricians.

They don't want quality dick, they want a quality paycheque.

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2021 2:15 AM

I'm sure a college aged girl can find plenty of dick off campus, let's get real

by Anonymousreply 52November 5, 2021 5:29 AM

College girls want intellectual equals, not blue collar dopes. Whether they consciously think about it or not, they’re looking for the guy who will be the father of their kids.

by Anonymousreply 53November 5, 2021 5:32 PM

Women are stupid then r53

by Anonymousreply 54November 5, 2021 6:08 PM

That’s not it entirely, R53, but it plays a part.

by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2021 9:59 PM

R30 What year is it where you are? Single-income families haven't been commons for 30 years!

by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2021 10:09 PM

What a bizarre article. Women have been ruining sex and dating for men for decades.

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2021 10:16 PM

Psychology Today did an article about a study that showed the average woman prefers her man to be 8 inches taller than her. The average female height in the US is 5’4. Thats 6 feet tall.

Only 14% of men in the US are over 6 feet tall, this can be a make or break with some women.

14%. Take out the gay men, the married men, the engaged men, the men in serious relationships, the men in prison, the men on hard drugs, and the ugly men.

Then from the good looking single men over 6 feet and take out the broke men, the unemployed men, the men with shitty cars, the men with shitty jobs, the men still living at home.

Then from that, take out the men that make less than $50,000 a year (and I’m being generous, I could double it for a woman’s dream standards)

To think of the percentage of men who the woman’s ideal is minuscule.

The picky women set themselves up for failure.

by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2021 10:19 PM

Another article that puts it into perspective. 86% of men don’t fit the average woman’s ideal partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2021 10:22 PM

Yes that's why it's called an ideal. You think more than 14% of women meet a man's ideal? Take out any woman over 25, any woman without an hourglass figure, any woman over a size 6, any woman without blonde hair, blue eyes, pouty lips, perfect skin, lustrous hair, any woman who's not a virgin....

Both men and women take what they can get, the difference is that men mainly want sex and women want relationships, so the ideal becomes even more unattainable for women.

by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2021 10:28 PM

And if you want to compare male ideal, both men and women consider the ideal breast size at a C cup.

The average woman’s breast size is a C cup and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2021 10:29 PM

R60 What do you mean any woman without blonde hair and blue eyes? Not all men prefer blue eyed blondes, wtf?

Men have very very low standards.

You’re also talking about physical appearance which is only one element of a woman’s ideal.

Men don’t care about a woman’s car or job or education or how much she makes a year.

A male doctor can fall in love with a waitress and give her everything. It’s less common for female doctors to even notice a waiter unless she’ll fuck him once.

by Anonymousreply 62November 5, 2021 10:33 PM

R60 I've met so many straight guys complain about how their wife (or girlfriend) looks that you wonder why they're still together.

One guy I knew seemed to straight-up hate his longterm girlfriend and never shut up about how horrible her looks and personality were. Someone (not me!) asked him why didn't break up with her, and he said that she kept the house clean, was a good cook and had sex with him on demand.

by Anonymousreply 63November 5, 2021 10:34 PM

On top of that there’s plenty of dating app stats that show men are less picky. Something like 14% of women swipe right vs. men swiping right 55% on Tinder. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 64November 5, 2021 10:36 PM

R62 How many doctors do you know (outside of cheese romance novels) that married waitresses?

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2021 10:36 PM

R62 but the vast majority of men do prefer young women, talk about an unattainable ideal.

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote]A male doctor can fall in love with a waitress and give her everything. It’s less common for female doctors to even notice a waiter unless she’ll fuck him once.

R62. You are a couple decades behind the times. I graduated med school in 2000, the med students/residents I knew married other MDs. MDs engage in assortative mating and select mates at their education/financial level.

The days of doctors marrying nurses ended over 30 years ago. What doctor would want to marry a plump Filipina nurse with some lazy work shy sons to support? Especially since MD's salaries have halved over the past 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2021 11:09 PM

R62 Is reading to musc paperback romance novels. Outside these men tend to marry in their own class, and it was always like that, only women had lower degrees. Like granny used to say: money goes on money.

by Anonymousreply 68November 5, 2021 11:17 PM

GOLD PEEE-NISSSS ...

He's the man, the man with the Midas touch

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2021 11:19 PM

I meant "to much romance novels", obviously nothing masc about these

by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2021 11:19 PM

This thread is useless without pics of golden penises.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2021 12:18 AM

I bet Beto has a golden penis.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote] This thread is useless without pics of golden penises.

Closest thing I've got...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2021 1:18 AM

Only filthy dirty whores would bottom feed on these losers.

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2021 1:46 AM

R66 The vast majority of men prefer younger. Gay men prefer younger men too. This age preference isn’t based in misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2021 6:16 AM

R65 I didn’t say marry.

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2021 6:17 AM

R75 what are you talking about? I didn't say anything about misogyny. I simply criticized the hypocritical bleating about the physical ideal of men, it is just as difficult for women and then some. At least men can work on their personalities and careers to offset any physical flaws in order to attract women, as you say men don't care about any of that (good point btw) which leaves old and ugly women with few options.

Women settle for the man who isn't ideal or stay single, just like men.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2021 6:53 AM

Weht the Yellow Skin Troll? Back in the day he'd be all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2021 9:59 AM

R67 Many of my female cousins are nurses and our grandma used to make a lot of "maybe you'll meet a doctor!" comments to them, and they were all, "Doctors marry other doctors, not nurses."

I'm a forensic account and have an MS in Accountancy and a JD, so I know a lot of accountants and lawyers. Only one (one of the lawyers) has a "trophy wife" and she used to be a lawyer before becoming a housewife. The rest are all married to other lawyers and accounts, one (another lawyer) is married to a doctor, one is married to a woman who does something in marketing, and several are are married to teachers.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2021 10:40 AM

My office is situated in a part of town close to few faculties and these college boys today are much prettier than in my days. Especially the lazy hipsters studying arts, philosophy and similar studies have style and swagger. The Stem studies have more incels, practical coarse country boys (hillbillys as you call them in US) hoping to toil somewhere in Germany and US in future.

I don't think that young girls are that calculated as you think. No matter the better future the stem bore can give them I think they, exactly like me, prefer the charming little sweeties without future from arts and literature.

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2021 5:52 PM

MEH, I teach at a top STEM university and while there are nerds and incels there are plenty of gorgeous young men, too. Also there are geniuses, which nowadays are rare in the humanities.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2021 6:39 PM

I guess the girls will either have have a lesbian phase, or lower their standards and start fucking townies.

by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2021 6:43 PM

R81 But girl that age are not into geniuses. They prefer a light but hot charmer that can have a small talk on music and films too to some gifted nerd.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2021 7:09 PM

Cock does need to speak

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2021 7:10 PM

the nerds are not the geniuses. The geniuses are alphas usually - cocky, handsome, and doing STEM out of desperation to find anything that can keep their lightening minds occupied. They play music, too. A girl would be lucky to get one BUT I don't think these guys stay with one women for long periods.

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2021 7:13 PM

*one womAn

by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2021 7:14 PM

R83 Are you GOD? Are you omniscient? Why would a sad old derelict queen sitting on her couch eating bon bons know what women want? Good fucking grief.

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2021 7:14 PM

R87 What an angry fella you are. Better have a few bon bons yourself to calm you.

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2021 7:19 PM

I have lots of daughters so I should know.

by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2021 7:21 PM

Not angry, but when obsolete old queens try and pretend like they know what ALL women think, it makes me puke. You don't even know what one of them thinks.

by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2021 7:23 PM

R85 I disagree with one point. Geniuses aren't necessarily handsome, they can be as good looking or ugly as the dumb guy.

by Anonymousreply 91November 6, 2021 7:24 PM

R85: Sounds interesting. As I mentioned I see these guys around I don't teach them, so I have an outsiders point of view, but this is what I noticed. At least in my town. Of course there can be exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 92November 6, 2021 7:26 PM

R90 I do know my daughters. They tell me everything.

by Anonymousreply 93November 6, 2021 7:27 PM

A washed up old homo who was alive during the Depression has daughters! They'd surely be dead. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 94November 6, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote]40% is still a pretty big number. It doesn't exactly make dick a rare commodity.

we are talking about college. So 25% of those 40% are gay.

by Anonymousreply 95November 6, 2021 7:50 PM

R94 Had to get off the couch and take out my little girl cause she wanted to poo.

What a silly choleric little man you are. Must be all red in face.

You have no point. Isn't Caitlyn Jenner an old queen too and has a bunch of daughters and stepdaughters.

by Anonymousreply 96November 6, 2021 8:36 PM

R96 abortion sounds better than that

by Anonymousreply 97November 7, 2021 9:19 AM

Are gay college boys also in shortage???

by Anonymousreply 98November 7, 2021 11:14 AM

I can’t find any statistics broken down by orientation, R98. With less men overall going to college, one would think that also means less gay men. But it could just as well be the opposite. The mix of gay men may have actually increased.

We do know that gay men are more successful at college studies than het men, so I don’t see why less gays would be attending college when the environment seems to be more friendly and suitable for us than ever before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 8, 2021 5:23 PM

The thought of a dearth of straight college boys who are jonesing to be sucked off in the Student Union basement men’s room is a disaster

by Anonymousreply 100November 8, 2021 5:36 PM

"less?"

by Anonymousreply 101November 8, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote][R14] During one-child policy era, most families picked males to carry family line and abandoned the females.

... who were then adopted by wealthy, over-the-hill American couples.

by Anonymousreply 102November 9, 2021 7:11 PM

R63 that's pretty much why my brother stayed with his latest girlfriend of 7 years. She was rather overweight (with a pretty face) and very passive-aggressive. She resented whenever he wanted to spend time with his siblings/friends. Needless to say, she was often a bit of a wet blanket at family gatherings. On the other hand, my brother has always been very fit and good-looking. He's always had his pick of the litter. His ex-wife was beautiful though she fucked him over big time. Ruined his credit (and almost his reputation) and left him high and dry, that cunt! I keep telling him he should come over to THE DARK SIDE 😂 but he's like "No, I'm good!" 🤣

by Anonymousreply 103November 9, 2021 7:25 PM

I forgot to mention, he finally broke things off with her a few years ago. Thank God!

by Anonymousreply 104November 9, 2021 7:28 PM

R103 I'll never understand why straight people stay in terrible relationships; they have a lot more options than us gays. I know, I tried to be straight and I had no problem finding great women to date, even though I'm not the best-looking/smartest/wealthiest/etc.

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2021 10:58 AM

Try being in a retirement village, where my mom lives there are very few males and they get treated like gold by those old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 106November 11, 2021 11:02 AM

[QUOTE] Try being in a retirement village, where my mom lives there are very few males and they get treated like gold by those old ladies.

Golden Saggy Sacks

by Anonymousreply 107November 11, 2021 11:31 AM

Why would college guys have sex with coeds and risk being accused of date rape afterward?

Colleges indoctrinate students with Rape Culture hysteria.

This is the result.

by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2021 11:52 AM

Was that the featured story on Tucker’s show last night, R108?

by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2021 11:55 AM

Woman SHOULD worship men's penises, if not envy them.

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2021 12:24 PM

R110 Older generation of women were penis worshipers, I think younger girls don’t buy this shit anymore. They are more aware that it should be used for fun and not worship.

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2021 12:55 PM

So male college enrollment has dropped dramatically, from a predominance when the eldergays were young, to a minority of students. So what are those 18-22 year old middle-class men doing instead of going to college?

As far as I can tell, they're living with their indulgent parents, working as baristas, and planning to become professional gamers. If the college girls don't want them, there's a reason why.

by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2021 1:58 PM

R105 LOL. Guess they never minded your limp wrists, nelly voice, or prolapsed anus then? Girls love nelly men.

by Anonymousreply 113November 11, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]‘Golden Penis Syndrome’

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 114November 11, 2021 2:02 PM

"Why does China have so few women? Where did they go?"

In China, there's a woman shortage in some areas partly because female fetuses are aborted or abandoned due to the cultural preference for sons, and because in rural areas the girls all haul ass for the cities.

Sons are expected to stay with the family and take care of their parents, or at least eldest sons are, so in rural areas the sons will stay with the family farm or family business, and their sisters will go to the city where they can work in factories or stores and make a lot more money than their brothers, and live independent lives. The fact that women don't want to stick around for the joys of rural poverty and abusive in-laws means that entire regions are lacking in marriagable women, and there are generations of men who know that life is never going to offer them anything more than living with their parents and running the family farm. They're regarded as a social time bomb.

by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Yes and this has led to the phenomena of bride scams/runaway brides - who agree to marry multiple men, collect the gifts/money and then run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 11, 2021 2:26 PM

Thank god I find women repulsive

by Anonymousreply 117November 11, 2021 2:29 PM

From the article in OP:

[quote]“We’re seeing a generation of young men who think they’re Adam Driver or Michael B. Jordan. Of course, it’s not about them. It’s the ratio.”

Okay, can someone please explain the sex appeal of Adam Driver? Is he one of those "ugly-sexy" guys? We've certainly discussed that topic on DL from the gay man's perspective, but I just find him to be so completely unappealing and unattractive. Great actor, but... just no.

by Anonymousreply 118November 11, 2021 2:56 PM

Adam is masculine, confident, yeti approachable. He’s cool and manly

by Anonymousreply 119November 11, 2021 3:01 PM

Having your orifice filled with a cis-male cock is the ultimate privilege.

by Anonymousreply 120November 11, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] yeti approachable

Oh cryptozoology dear

by Anonymousreply 121November 11, 2021 3:26 PM

My guess as to what's going on with the 18-22-ers is that a hell of a lot of white, straight, middle-class men are feeling lost and betrayed by society, because not only have wages fallen and working conditions worsened, they've realized that the best jobs and careers are no longer being held in reserve for them. Some are fine with this, some don't know what to do with a world that doesn't treat them as superior or special, and are checking out of life instead of continuing their education or training for a field where they can earn a living wage.

There have always been slackers, but the awful job market, the student debt crisis, and the fashion for helicopter parent means that there are more of them than ever.

by Anonymousreply 122November 11, 2021 3:27 PM

There's this weird strain of MRAs on DataLounge that is just so gross. They try to apply Darwinian animal mating tropes to human behavior in this vapid and paper-thin way that it reinforces their preconceived notion that women are all lazy, entitled sluts and men are either good looking assholes or nice-guy chumps.

What a depressing way to live your life.

by Anonymousreply 123November 11, 2021 3:35 PM

I agree with R1. While the phenomenon is probably more pronounced when the male-female numbers are so divergent, it exists even when numbers are equal. Not every guy has good dick.

by Anonymousreply 124November 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Dickmatized!

by Anonymousreply 125November 11, 2021 3:44 PM

"New phenomenon." [Rolls eyes.]

by Anonymousreply 126November 11, 2021 3:47 PM

Yep but males continue to dominate engineering, physics, mathematics undergrad.

MIT is not 60% female.

by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2021 10:31 PM

Males also dominate the upper ranks of Corporate America, the legal profession, the energy business and the pharma sector. The list of the richest people in the US are either men or women who inherited from a man.

Please stop clutching your pearls, dears. Men still have all the power and the money.

Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 128November 11, 2021 10:48 PM

But I think it's true that power and money are harder for the average white man to get than in their father's or grandfather's time, as the rich have gotten richer and both the poor and the middle class have gotten poorer.

And some white men just can't cope with that.

by Anonymousreply 129November 11, 2021 11:04 PM

informative

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 12, 2021 3:33 PM

Yes, 90% of the straight women are after the 10% who are good-looking, prosperous, and sane. And 90% of the straight men are after the 10% of women who are young, slim, and good-looking. And 90% of the gays are after the hottest 1%!

Which means, yet again, that the lesbians win at life...

by Anonymousreply 131November 12, 2021 3:53 PM

Lesbians beat each other and have toxic co dependent relationships r131

Carpet munchers are hardly winning at life

by Anonymousreply 132November 12, 2021 3:55 PM

R127 Never left the 50s. It is not true that males dominate those fields anymore. Females have caught up

by Anonymousreply 133November 12, 2021 4:00 PM

Josh Hawley is on a new kick to show that Dems are trying to somehow de-masculinize men. This is apparently being manifested as men going to college at a lesser rate than in the past.

The truth is the capitalist economy is not working for so many people. Hawley and his party are huge supporters of crony capitalism that has taken jobs away to other countries--and he's trying to blame it all on the Dems, of course.

by Anonymousreply 134November 12, 2021 4:02 PM

R134 Republicans will never pull their heads out of their asses enough to realize that they too are being fucked over by capitalism, but college boards do have policies that favor accepting women over men, even when women outnumber men on capuses. This all comes down to the push for women in STEM. Women are of course naturally overrepresented in bullshit "female" majors like Communications, Psychology and Sociology, but colleges keep trying to make the traditionally "male" majors like Economics, Engineering tracks, and Physics 50-50 male/female. Actually the group that has benefited the most from most 'diversity initiatives' is white women. Black men are doing worse than ever and Asian men need perfect SAT scores to get into an Ivy League schools.

Like with most things in life, Karens are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 135November 12, 2021 4:21 PM

R133 They have not. The larger percentage of women in science is the result of a specific policy that most college undergraduate programs have adopted. The postgrads and the published researchers in those fields are still heavily male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2021 4:27 PM

R122 is female projection. Hang out on any college campus. It's the young white women who think they're entitled to the best internships, well paying jobs, daddy's money, and on top of that, good dick.

by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2021 4:33 PM

Males, (especially the 97% who are hetero) have devolved over the last generation to knuckle dragging stale males and incels. They are clueless and no one wants to breed with them. They are basically unfuckable. Obviously politics plays a part.

by Anonymousreply 138November 12, 2021 4:34 PM

The average America woman is 180 pounds. 25% of white women are on anti-depressants. On top of tat they are drinking themselves to death on cheap boxed wine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 12, 2021 4:37 PM

They've "devolved"? From what? Who the fuck were straight men in 1920? 1959? What the fuck is the matter with you?

by Anonymousreply 140November 12, 2021 4:38 PM

"It's the young white women who think they're entitled to the best internships, well paying jobs, daddy's money, and on top of that, good dick."

Perfectly serious question: Why the hell shouldn't white women have the best internships and the well-paying jobs, if they're the best person for the job?

As for daddy's money and the good dick, well, being a jealous bitch is never a good look.

by Anonymousreply 141November 12, 2021 4:52 PM

And I guess rich white men were humble and never acted entitled to daddy's money and the best women?

Also, stop viewing human beings as commodities. It's bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 142November 12, 2021 4:55 PM

R141 because they're not. All this talk about "mediocre white men" when in reality it's mediocre white women clogging up the system. Again, this is codified in specific policies that favor white women. It's not an open playing field . An Asian male with perfect SAT scores is considered less of an asset to schools than a white women who score 200 points lower. It's p-o-l-i-c-y.

by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2021 5:18 PM

Men's penises are special. And that's okay.

by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2021 7:02 PM

[quote] college boards do have policies that favor accepting women over men, even when women outnumber men on capuses.

Um, no evidence of that whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 145November 12, 2021 7:32 PM

"I love the poorly educated!"

by Anonymousreply 146November 12, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote] Perfectly serious question: Why the hell shouldn't white women have the best internships and the well-paying jobs, if they're the best person for the job?

Because anyone would actually do that internship and well-paying job. Hardly any jobs require geniuses. By white women (and men) have strong connections by their networks being filled with other white people who have top jobs

by Anonymousreply 147November 12, 2021 7:34 PM

The affirmative action bias against Asians is well documented as is the movement to fluff STEM with women is as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 12, 2021 7:43 PM

Oh I've known a number of straight guys who are fairly succefull at bagging enough to keep themselves busy. ObJoke: What's the definiton of a wife? An appiiance you can screw on the bed and get the housework done.

by Anonymousreply 149November 12, 2021 8:04 PM

Policies intended to get more women into STEM programs don't create a 60/40 enrollment differential between men and women, to create a national difference that large you either have to actively ban people from programs or colleges by gender, which isn't being done on a mass scale, or you have some kind of massive demographic change going on where masses of people are deciding against higher education and/or student debt. I think it's the latter, the prospect of a lifetime of student loan debt is frightening a lot of people away from college, in a time of low wages and stagnant advancement a bachelor's degree no longer pays for itself.

Frankly, I'd like to know the sex differential by racial groups and income levels. I have theories about why young people are doing the things they do.

by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Maybe women need to quit being so dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 151November 13, 2021 8:44 AM

One of the biggest problems in the immediate future is going to be these single, unattached, educated women with no romantic prospects because many straight guys have checked out due to porn and games and these women wasted their child bearing years being too picky. It's why there are so many 30-40 something women on Twitter screeching into the void about everything and nothing in particular. They latch onto a particularly noxious strain of feminism that lets them blame their mistakes on the patriarchy or whatever without ever having to mentally deal with the stress of the knowledge that their own choices have made them unhappy. But hey, on the plus side, the lesbian dating pool just got a huge extension.

by Anonymousreply 152November 13, 2021 8:58 AM

R140 Nobody was talking about a washed up, limp wristed nelly Mary! Like you, cupcake. Referring to the 97% of men who are hetero.

by Anonymousreply 153November 13, 2021 9:28 AM

R152 Hm, no, I don't think so. You can't change the sexual orientation and single women won't become lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 154November 13, 2021 10:35 AM

A lot of women in colleges gravitate towards the soft social sciences and go on to get fairly low paid work in non profits, HR/admin work, etc. Women are not dominating the most lucrative fields.

Men without college degrees can make good money in more labor-intensive fields, construction, plumbing, etc. At least where I live, in upstate NY.

Women without a college degree get stuck in low wage retail/waitressing/childcare. Women have a lot more to lose by not going to college.

by Anonymousreply 155November 13, 2021 12:32 PM

Good girls wait until marriage.

by Anonymousreply 156November 13, 2021 1:49 PM

Ignore the video but the comments on it explain why the penis is golden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 18, 2021 11:11 AM

Haven't college women figured out there are plastic replacements that satisfy just as much?

by Anonymousreply 158November 18, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote]Less remarked on is the sex breakdown of the growing proportion of administrators. A recent diversity and inclusion report by the University of California indicates that women make up more than 70 per cent of non academic staff across (among others) nursing, therapeutic services, health, health technicians, communications services roles, and a majority or near majority across all non manual staff roles. In other words, if men are still over represented in top academic roles, the non academic supporting ecosystem is overwhelmingly female.

[quote]In practice, then, as pursued within universities, one byproduct of student activism is something akin to a “jobs for the girls” scheme, in which a heavily female student body drives demand for more roles across feminised non-academic administrative roles, which in turn helps create an environment geared toward women, and so on. Or, as 2019’s “Afghanistan Papers” famously described that military campaign, a “self licking ice cream cone”.

[quote]Young alumnae graduating from this ecosystem might be expected to carry its insights out into professional life. And indeed, according to America’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, HR (a career whose employees are 71 per cent female, according to one industry report) is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country.

[quote]Within that field, the fastest growing sub discipline is diversity and inclusion. A list of “2019’s Most Influential Diversity Professionals” published by Hive Learning, offers us 13 men and 63 women. And a principal task of diversity professionals is increasing the job opportunities available for women, and especially of women engaged in diversity work.

[quote]Another second order effect of this shift may be intensifying female competition in the field of love as well as work. Twentieth century social scientists assumed that women’s common Jane Austen-style desire to “marry up” was a side effect of exclusion from the workforce, and that women would be content to marry less high flying spouses once they were able to earn their own money.

[quote]Recent data, though, suggests that this is not the case: one cross cultural study of 37 societies showed that women in all of them placed a higher value on the financial prospects of a prospective mate than men did. Evolutionary psychologists argue that these preferences are not contingent effects of patriarchal oppression, but adaptive strategies evolved over millennia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 24, 2021 9:10 PM

Meanwhile, the 'Golden Top Syndrome' is still rampant in the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 160November 24, 2021 9:17 PM

It's the same thing in Florida amongst the OLD people. There are FAR MORE women than men , so the men are like GOLD DUST.

by Anonymousreply 161November 24, 2021 9:20 PM

Does marrying down work out for women though? Does the Precious Hetero Male ego mind his wife being much more successful?

by Anonymousreply 162November 24, 2021 9:27 PM

"Republicans will never pull their heads out of their asses enough to realize that they too are being fucked over by capitalism."

I think plenty of them (though not all) realize this. But, they honestly don't believe anything will be done to alleviate being fucked over. So, it's every man and group for themselves. And it becomes paramount if you don't believe that you can win, that people who aren't like you don't win either so you can at least feel a little better about yourself.

by Anonymousreply 163November 24, 2021 9:33 PM

R162 It's not that men discriminate against higher earning women, but women discriminate against lower earning men. Keep mining that salt though, Karen

[quote]Recent data, though, suggests that this is not the case: one cross cultural study of 37 societies showed that women in all of them placed a higher value on the financial prospects of a prospective mate than men did. Evolutionary psychologists argue that these preferences are not contingent effects of patriarchal oppression, but adaptive strategies evolved over millennia.

by Anonymousreply 164November 24, 2021 9:35 PM

Bullshit womens' jobs:

[quote]“Administrative bloat” has been a remarked on feature of higher education for some time. According to one 2014 study, the number of faculty and teaching staff per administrator fell roughly 40 per cent at most US colleges and universities between 1990 and 2012, and now stands at around 2.5 faculty members per administrator.

[quote]A recent diversity and inclusion report by the University of California indicates that women make up more than 70 per cent of non academic staff across (among others) nursing, therapeutic services, health, health technicians, communications services roles, and a majority or near majority across all non manual staff roles. In other words, if men are still over represented in top academic roles, the non academic supporting ecosystem is overwhelmingly female.

by Anonymousreply 165November 24, 2021 9:40 PM

R30 What decade of the 20th century are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 166November 24, 2021 10:42 PM

"It's not that men discriminate against higher earning women, but women discriminate against lower earning men."

Both are true.

Women discriminate against lower-earning men when dating, and while men may not express much concern with a woman's earning power during the dating phase, problems with income or social class differentials do develop when relationships become serious. At least, according to every woman I've ever met who got serious about a lower-earning man.

by Anonymousreply 167November 24, 2021 10:43 PM

The man needs to make more money and be taller or else it doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 168November 25, 2021 6:36 AM

What about penis size, R168?

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2021 6:47 AM

that's a gay thing r169

women don't care

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2021 7:02 AM

How can women not care, R170, when it’s directly related to sexual satisfaction?

by Anonymousreply 171November 25, 2021 7:25 AM

Sexual satisfaction is usually outranked by financial security, status, good material to breed with, no addictions, doesn't hit them.......and after one or two children heterosexuals' stop having sex anyway.

by Anonymousreply 172November 25, 2021 7:28 AM

[quote]A lot of women in colleges gravitate towards the soft social sciences and go on to get fairly low paid work in non profits, HR/admin work, etc.

Mid level admin supervisory work itself is ultra competitive these days as well, as most organizations have reduced middle management. The executives where I work fight over who will get an admin because the company will only allow so many. Women dominate these type jobs and men generally don't have patience to deal with petty office politics that come with this type of work. It doesn't make sense to get a degree (yeah you do need a degree to get admin work these days) if you don't want to deal with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2021 11:06 AM

In re penis size: "How can women not care, [R170], when it’s directly related to sexual satisfaction?"

R172, asnwers: "Sexual satisfaction is usually outranked by financial security, status, good material to breed with, no addictions, doesn't hit them.......and after one or two children heterosexuals' stop having sex anyway."

I think that can be true. It's not that it doesn't matter; obviously anyone who likes sex would want a good sex partner, but it can be overridden by other concerns - for a lot of women; certainly not all. The other thing -- people get good sex elsewhere, even if only intermittently, including women.

Given that so many relationships fail and there's can be so much anger and pain - people naturally ask if the "model" of marriage and committed relationships makes sense. I've realized that "professed monogamy + cheating" (which may or may not end the relationship) might just make perfect sense despite all the problems it causes. What would cause less problems? Open relationships? Maybe for a small subset of couples. But most people have too big of an ego and, naturally, people want to feel like they are special and loved -- that they are "the one." Ick? Maybe. But, again, the older I get, the more it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 174November 25, 2021 3:39 PM

Hey, but big dick doesn't mean good sex, except for size queens. But I don't believe many women are size queens.

by Anonymousreply 175November 25, 2021 6:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 3, 2021 6:44 PM

When do they have The Golden Penis Awards ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 177December 3, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote]r54 Women are stupid then

What’s stupid about wanting an intellectual equal?

by Anonymousreply 178December 3, 2021 6:56 PM

But gay men are oh so smart when it comes to everything. They'll never be fooled by a big dicked idiot!

by Anonymousreply 179December 4, 2021 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!