Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Real World Homecoming: Los Angeles’ Full Trailer

Wow. Not gonna lie. This looks really good. They had chaotic energy in 1993 and they definitely do now too.

I like how NY was the cast who started reality TV and this is the first cast who walked in knowing what reality TV was.

Tami is gonna annoy me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 31, 2021 1:18 AM

Tami is annoying

by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2021 1:52 AM

Tami needs some mashed potatoes and cornbread. She looks like a skeleton with a huge wig on. Gurl bye

by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2021 2:12 AM

And exactly where the fuck is Dominick?

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2021 2:16 AM

R3 Dominick and Aaron declined.

by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2021 2:18 AM

r4 thier careers are so hot they don't need to go back. Stick Kitty is a platinum-selling artist.

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2021 2:31 AM

I like Tami Roman. I forgot that she was working at an HIV health care center when she applied for Real World.

I think she might have some type of chronic illness, hence that skinny and washed-out look at times.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2021 2:34 AM

R5, what is Dom's career?

by Anonymousreply 7October 28, 2021 2:36 AM

Aaron never ever went back to reality tv or did anything for the show. There was even a book where all the houseguests got interviewed and he refused.

He’s wealthy and successful.

by Anonymousreply 8October 28, 2021 2:38 AM

Tami had a heart attack a few years ago. She had to change her diet.

I also believe she has another health issue.

by Anonymousreply 9October 28, 2021 2:38 AM

This is so shameful but I can remember masturbating while watching that cornfed heifer Beth. Also I was kind of just fingering myself to the sheer "moment" that show had. One more time before Mom's beige Plymouth would clink in the driveway.

by Anonymousreply 10October 28, 2021 2:44 AM

The producers hinted that Dom might make an appearance.

R10 here’s Beth S. In playboy. Finger yourself to your hearts content!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 28, 2021 3:15 AM

Has country boy done anything but eat since the show was on? He's got a nice turkey wattle.

by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]Tami needs some mashed potatoes and cornbread. She looks like a skeleton with a huge wig on. Gurl bye

She looks fine.

It's the others who don't look like they've missed too many meals aside from David and Beth S.

by Anonymousreply 13October 28, 2021 3:59 AM

Beth S looks great

by Anonymousreply 14October 28, 2021 9:16 AM

I have so little interest in this that I didn't even watch the trailer, I'm holding out for San Francisco. Is there any news on other seasons' Homecomings?

by Anonymousreply 15October 28, 2021 10:30 PM

They already said San Fran won’t happen

by Anonymousreply 16October 28, 2021 10:40 PM

Do they qualify for AARP yet? Nobody wants to see a bunch of fat middle aged people argue and fight. Hard Pass.

by Anonymousreply 17October 28, 2021 10:45 PM

It wasn’t not funny.

by Anonymousreply 18October 28, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] Nobody wants to see a bunch of fat middle aged people argue and fight.

On second thought, I take this back. Somebody throw a pork chop into the room and watch these fatties fight over it. Now that would be entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 19October 28, 2021 10:50 PM

That's disappointing to hear, thanks R16.

by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] Nobody wants to see a bunch of fat middle aged people argue and fight.

That is the very essence of Datalounge itself.

by Anonymousreply 21October 28, 2021 10:54 PM

Was Tami one of the trannies on Pose?

by Anonymousreply 22October 28, 2021 11:01 PM

R15 - I don’t think anything official has been announced, but the rumors are that chances for a San Francisco season are pretty slim. Makes sense when you consider the personalities and the fact that Pedro is not alive.

Not many rumors about a London or Miami Homecoming either.

We do know from various podcast interviews with cast members that the Boston, Seattle and Hawaii casts were all contacted.

Everyone on the Boston season wants to do it aside from Sean Duffy. Sounds like Nathan, David, Rebecca and Irene want to do it from Seattle, with the others declining. Amaya, Teck, Ruthie and Justin want to do it from Hawaii, the others do not.

Seems like Bunim-Murray was trying for full casts to reunite but might revisit these seasons at some point or do a “Real World All Stars” reuniting cast members from various seasons.

According to rumors, the next season (Homecoming 3) will start filming next week and will be the original New Orleans season from 2000. Allegedly all cast members will be reuniting.

by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2021 2:08 AM

I read David was a train-wreck while filming and gets into it with a few of his peers

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2021 5:46 AM

4 people from Hawaii declined.

Irene said she would do it (which shocked people) but her season hasn’t made the cut as of yet because one person is refusing.

MTV is only willing to do it with the full living cast, unless it’s a season like LA where there were replacements to be cast and they make the full 7, although they may make exceptions.

San Fran will never happen because of Puck. They won’t ever give him a platform again. He’s constantly in and out of jail for substance abuse and beating his wife and kids. However, he was such a big personality on the season that you can’t do the season and not have him, so best not to do it at all. Pedro isn’t why they aren’t doing it, and if they did they would make sure to pay tribute to him and show a lot of respect for him and his story.

7 out of the first 9 seasons were contacted. San Fran and London and not happening. Season 12, Las Vegas, was also contacted, with 6 out of the 7 saying yes, but again, 1 person is refusing.

Chicago (season 11) is a no go because Tonya can not be on or acknowledged on the show, plus some others aren’t interested.

There has been no talk about Back to NY.

2 or 3 of the Boston people declined.

Most of Miami declined, plus MTV/Production hates Flora so that season may be never happening.

NOLA is next because it was such a big season that is still spoken about and remembered today plus they were able to convince all 7 to come back.

Originally almost none of them agreed but clearly had a change of heart. Danny and Kelly were the final two to agree, after going on a hiking trip together and discussing if it’s worth it to revisit that time of their lives again. They both have reality tv PTSD and said they would never do tv again in recent years, but thankfully they came to the conclusion that this could be a positive experience (unlike the LA cast) and are doing it.

So there is hope for some others to come around like NOLA did.

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2021 6:00 AM

[quote]Chicago (season 11) is a no go because Tonya can not be on or acknowledged on the show

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2021 6:35 AM

R26 this might help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2021 6:41 AM

A lot of the shit they did on these shows back in the 90s and 00s would not fly today. Generation Z would have this shit shut down with the quickness.

I still remember when Puck spit in that black guys face and got away with that shit. That wouldn't fly in 2021. Pucks ass would've gotten arrested and fired from the show, with MTV never to work with him ever again. He would've been done completely!

Black Lives Matter would be all over this and social media would've light his ass up. And rightfully so.

Generation Z is brutal. Some times that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2021 7:02 AM

R26 Tonya sued MTV (Viacom) because she was, allegedly, raped with a toothbrush by two of the male cast members on The Challenge while passed out drunk and they did nothing to stop it or help her. The guys (Kenny and Evan) claim it didn’t happen but she wouldn’t back down. MTV backed them up and defended the two boys. The lawsuit ended up being settled out of court, with an agreement that she never speak about what happened again and they never use her likeness on the show again.

She is considered a liability and can’t “work” for them ever again.

She was paid upper 6 figures. That tells me it DID happen, but they’re gonna protect their frat-like White boys, with Sarah and Susie backing them up too.

Years later some of the women on that cast say it did happen, specifically Kellyanne from RW Sydney, and she said she knows for a fact it happened and that Susie and Sarah are gonna burn in hell one day for lying about it and covering for the two boys.

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2021 7:05 AM

R29 I'm not surprised. But the white males must be coddled and protected at all costs I guess.

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2021 7:09 AM

They should've gotten paid to do this show back in the day. Not big money, just like $2K a week in cash to have in spending money or money they could've saved for when they went back home.

Or were they paid?

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2021 7:12 AM

They were paid $2500 at the end of filming. R31 At least that is what the first 4 seasons was paid. I don’t know if later they made more.

Because Reality TV stars are not actors playing characters, they don’t get stipends or anything, just one paycheck forever for that season.

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2021 7:16 AM

R32 Thx, I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2021 7:22 AM

Did she go back to Walla Walla?

by Anonymousreply 34October 30, 2021 7:41 AM

So this was supposed to debut at the end of September or beginning of October but it was pushed back to November because Viacom is busy trying to edit the episodes as much as they can to “clean up” all that went down in that house. There was more drama with this cast than expected, lots of non PC shit etc. so Viacom is trying to edit everything as best as they can to still be able to show things without causing uproars online.

Crazy that this cast still has so much resentment and anger for one another, complete opposite of the NY cast (minus Kevin and Becky, I suppose).

by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2021 7:43 AM

R34 yes, and used the money MTV paid her to buy a house and open her own hair salon, which supposedly is big and beautiful and successful.

by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2021 7:44 AM

Jisela from Road Rules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2021 7:46 AM

What went down?

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2021 7:48 AM

R38 we may never know, with MTV editing out a bunch of shit, apparently. Hopefully there is a tell all one day about all the shit we didn’t see lol.

I do know David was a massive mess and him and Glenn almost got into a fist fight at one point even.

by Anonymousreply 39October 30, 2021 7:53 AM

Who is the guy Tami brings back to the house?

Is he there to beat David's skinny ass?

by Anonymousreply 40October 30, 2021 8:02 AM

R40 That's Tamis younger husband. I think he's in his late 20s early 30s. I believe he's around my age 33.

by Anonymousreply 41October 30, 2021 8:20 AM

[quote]They were paid $2500 at the end of filming. [R31] At least that is what the first 4 seasons was paid. I don’t know if later they made more.

For season 1 they were paid $2,600 for the season (wikipedia isn't correct here.)

However:

1. They didn't shoot as long as other casts and

2. Andre, Heather, Eric, Norman, Kevin and Rebecca all already live around or in NYC or New Jersey. Julie was the one who was from out of town and her parents gave her money.

It was less about 7 different strangers from different locations and just 7 different people that wouldn't normally cross paths although the show kept pushing they were originally from different home towns. Andre was in Jersey City, Eric was modeling, Rebecca went to NYU and worked out at David Mamet's theater company, etc.

They were paid $2,500 for the reunion special later on. Julie's family supported her in S1.

Later on, that number went up to $5,000 BUT the seasons also shot longer. They were paid $2,500 for reunion specials which they MUST do and $750 for special appearances.

They gave them "job" requirements later on as well. (Along with fines if they didn't do what they were expected to do with the production.) Make a secret phone call, you get a fine. Go out without telling production, you get a fine.

They were responsible for their phone bills if the calls are long distance and their food.

The real money came from speaking engagements (up to $10,000) and The Challenge (weekly stipend of between 3,500-5,000 or more for some players or up front pay between $60,000 to $80,000 before they even set foot on the show for long time veterans) where their salaries were drastically inflated based on popularity.

by Anonymousreply 42October 30, 2021 8:29 AM

R42 most of that stuff you mentioned (like the favs making $60k as an appearance fee) is all modern. We are speaking about back in the 90s.

In the mid 00s a bunch of cast members banded together and fought for casts to make more because they didn’t make much. MTV eventually caved and started paying more.

Flora was blacklisted from the network because she was behind gettinf casts to demand more money because they were paid shit, while the big boys were making a ton off of them.

by Anonymousreply 43October 30, 2021 8:37 AM

However, the Homecoming cast make 6 figures to do it.

by Anonymousreply 44October 30, 2021 8:38 AM

Genesis from the Boston season was on the Hot Takes podcast with Jess Rothschild last week. Not much new info, but she did confirm what Montana said. Every Boston castmember wants to do Homecoming except for Sean. She says Sean is too worried about how he will be portrayed. She says the reason they took him off the group chat is because they felt bad about blowing up his phone by constantly messaging.

The host, Jess Rothschild also brought up that New Orleans will be the next Homecoming season. Don't know how she knows this, but Genesis also confirms it and says she heard that every New Orleans cast member agreed to participate, which is why they are going next. Genesis also confirms that Bunim-Murray reached out to all the casts at the same time and that they may come back around to seasons where they couldn't get every cast member to return.

by Anonymousreply 45October 30, 2021 8:48 AM

[quote]R42 most of that stuff you mentioned (like the favs making $60k as an appearance fee) is all modern. We are speaking about back in the 90s.

R43, Actually I know what the thread was talking about as I started talking about that initially. I added more because things have changed to compare how much more people make now vs. originally.

Furthermore, the first few seasons the Challenge featured some of those old cast members as that show has no age limit. We're approaching, will New Orleans, cast members who did participate in the RW/RR challenge.

Also that's still nothing compared to what other shows on MTV make. Janelle on Teen Mom cleared 400,000K when all was said and done.

by Anonymousreply 46October 30, 2021 8:56 AM

*with New Orleans.

(Also, of course Beth Stolarczyk who has appeared.)

by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2021 8:58 AM

Aaron not only hated his time on the show, he never did shit for it after. He always came off like he was above it all, and his peers, minus Dom. Granted, he was a young handsome All-American blond white guy from a wealthy family.

Rumor has it part of why he declined this show is because he may be in some hot waters in regards to his “business” so the last thing he needs to do is go on a show to get attention. Also, because of “cancel culture”. He doesn’t want some kid finding a clip of him saying something stupid from 1993 and it harming his life. Sean Duffy declined for the same reason. He’s terrified that cancel culture will keep coming for him because he’s a Republican man and also scared MTV will portray him in a bad way so he rather avoid it all. His cast is so upset with him they kicked him out of the group chat lol

by Anonymousreply 48October 30, 2021 8:59 AM

Aaron looks like a creep now. I get shady vibes from him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 30, 2021 9:05 AM

R25 - Where are you getting your information from? A lot of it is not correct.

For Hawaii, we have Amaya and Teck publicly claiming (on podcasts and Twitter) that Kaia, Colin and Matt declined, while Amaya, Teck, Ruthie and Justin want to do Homecoming.

For Seattle, Nathan insinuated on the Mike Lewis podcast that it was most likely Janet, Lindsay and/or Stephen who declined Homecoming. Nathan wants to do it and is still in contact with David, Irene and Rebecca. Then again, he was being vague and not definitive.

For Boston, both Montana and Genesis has stated on podcasts that every cast member wants to do Homecoming aside from Sean Duffy.

I haven't seen or heard anything from Miami cast members.

Mohammed from San Francisco was on Jess Rothschild's podcast this past April and said he had not been contacted about Homecoming and if he was, would have to think long and hard about doing it. I have a feeling we won't be seeing a San Fran Homecoming unfortunately.

Mike from London gave a podcast interview last month and first said the cast would probably be up for it but then said he'd prob wouldn't be interested in hanging out in a room with people he knew 20 years ago for a week, unless they went on an adventure. Lol.

So what we do know, more or less:

1. NY- already aired

2. LA- filmed, airing Nov. 24

3. San Francisco- not contacted by Bunim-Murray as of six months ago

4.London- not contacted by Bunim-Murray as of one month ago

5. Miami-

6.Boston- Sean won't film so no right now.

7. Seattle- Possibly Janet, Lindsay or Stephen won't film so no right now.

8. Hawaii- Colin, Kaia and Matt won't film so no now.

9. New Orleans- Filming next week, all cast members will appear

10. Back to New York-

11. Chicago-

12. Las Vegas- Frank won't film so no right now.

Also, Teck claims on the Mike Lewis podcast that they were offered "high six figures" for two weeks of filming in Hawaii, which seems to be one of the reasons the cast members who want to do it are annoyed at the cast members who don't.

by Anonymousreply 50October 30, 2021 2:55 PM

R50 quit copying and pasting from that terrible Vevmo site dear. It’s filled with lower scum than this site who screech and defend the worst.

Mike Lewis Podcast is trash. I can’t support a white kid from Wisconsin who has had everything in life handed to him.

by Anonymousreply 51October 30, 2021 3:01 PM

There is some great info on this thread.

Can’t wait for LA.

Ugh remember Kaia? What a freak.

by Anonymousreply 52October 30, 2021 3:06 PM

Like they'd ever do a London one.

by Anonymousreply 53October 30, 2021 3:09 PM

No one wants a London one. It was the most boring season ever, followed by Paris.

by Anonymousreply 54October 30, 2021 3:10 PM

Agree r54

by Anonymousreply 55October 30, 2021 3:29 PM

Seems like David STILL doesn’t understand what he did to Tammie was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2021 9:31 PM

David is probably still mad that they associated the word rape with what he did, which, he isn’t wrong.

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2021 9:41 PM

It wasn't not funny!

My panties was coming down.

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote]Seems like David STILL doesn’t understand what he did to Tammie was wrong.

I just rewatched it.

When Jon is tugging on Tammy's sheets, she's kind of half laughing because it's Jon. They're playing. She does tell him to stop and he does.

Then David came in and starts doing it. Jon and Beth are smiling because they think they're just playing around. Then Tammy says stop over and over again and that she's not playing. She's serious now.

If David had of backed off then that would have been it.

Jon looks like he doesn't want to block the camera and he's unsure what's going on.

Beth went all the way in and tries wrestle the sheet away from David.

Aaron tries to get David to back off.

Point is, there's really no reason why he should think anything other than, the fact that he was assaulting her.

The person is saying it, everyone in the room is trying to get you to back off, you're dragging her up the hallway. His excuse that, he thought they were playing, made zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2021 10:05 PM

R59 It was pure white male entitlement, plain and simple.

Someone from the crew should have stepped in and stopped it immediately.

Again, this wouldn't fly today. David would've been fired by MTV and the crew would definitely step in to stop it today. The social landscape has changed so much in the last 30 years, that it wouldn't be tolerated Today period.

David would be done if he did that a television in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2021 10:58 PM

Well there is a reason the shows debut was postponed by over two months so that MTV could edit it and “clean up” this new one.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote]San Fran will never happen because of Puck.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2021 11:15 PM

R60, That takes me back to everything that happened with Ruthie. She had to get alcohol poisoning and nearly die before the show stepped in and sent her to rehab. They did take the keys away from a cast member who was about to drive home drunk once prior to Hawaii. Their lack of "interfering" was always murky.

Can you imagine if the internet existed then as it does now? Many of this then kids would have been raked over the coals on Twitter and with a couple their lives would have been destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2021 11:17 PM

Because it is a documentary series r63. It’s not scripted, despite some people on here thinking everything is scripted. They let them live their lives and only step in if something gets violent or too dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2021 11:36 PM

The NY reunion would've been better without Kevin, he turned the whole thing into an uncomfortable shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 65October 31, 2021 12:07 AM

No, it wouldn’t have. It was better because it had all 7 of them

by Anonymousreply 66October 31, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]They let them live their lives and only step in if something gets violent or too dangerous.

I was speaking to what R60 was saying. When a woman is screaming, "No stop!" over and over again and a man is dragging her up the hallway in her panties.

They should have stepped in.

They didn't step in when Ruthie had alcohol poisoning. They stepped in the next day even though they saw her drink herself into oblivion on camera. They didn't step in when Irene was slapped in the face. (She shouldn't have outed Stephen, which she admits, but he shouldn't have hit her.) There were multiple times when roommates were fighting and they didn't step in.

It's really, "whenever they feel like it" and not only when things are violent or dangerous.

I'm still not over watching Julie trying to kill Veronica on The Challenge while the cameras just kept on rolling. Yes, that took place later but that policy of sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, still happens.

by Anonymousreply 67October 31, 2021 12:16 AM

No, it would've been better without Kevin. The damn show turned into a nonstop lecture.

by Anonymousreply 68October 31, 2021 12:16 AM

No. It was fine with Kevin. You don’t like it, don’t watch.

by Anonymousreply 69October 31, 2021 12:29 AM

R67 again, it’s not their place. They’re filming a documentary series. If you choose to keep drinking that’s on you. Not them. You know before you film that you are not their responsibility. It’s all in the contract.

by Anonymousreply 70October 31, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]R67 again, it’s not their place. They’re filming a documentary series.

Okay, stop right there. It's not actually, "real" real, you know that right? It was at the very beginning but by the time I was going through the casting rounds it was clear they kind of had their routine down.

At one point we were doing a "group" interview and really you could tell what they wanted was the LOUDEST person. I guess no one wanted another London season. It's not manipulation to cast for drama or to at least avoid wallflowers but I'll get to what is ....

(I didn't get on the season I was up for, although I made it pretty far. Someone else just like me did. I had to hear it about it all year. Later on a person who would become my friend was on the show. Finally I was fucking this guy who worked for the show after we broke up but only because his sister already worked for the show. He was a writer -- because it's not real.)

[quote]If you choose to keep drinking that’s on you. Not them.

Actually, the reason why they went in on Ruthie is because there were (at the time) also liability issues. They're actually told now that if they see something illegal they MUST intervene. They did it occasionally. Then sometimes they don't. They do try to go through some lengths to make sure nothing (drug-wise) illegal happens, from what I heard last time I cared. If someone kills someone or ends up dead, it's hard to hide behind "we were just shooting a documentary" as a defense as to why you couldn't have intervened.

It's also why Tonya was able to settle her rape lawsuit. MTV/BMP/The Real World, don't automatically cast aside all liability once they cast you on the show.

But there are no rules prohibiting them from jumping in. The people in the house can't talk to production but production can talk to people in the house if they feel like they must. It's always a judgement call.

[quote]You know before you film that you are not their responsibility. It’s all in the contract.

Then you'd also know, so are "retakes" when they make you do something over again for the camera because it's not actually REAL. It's not considered a "documentary" series because of that, no matter how many times you call it that.

Neither are the interviews they're giving one on one. Depending on who is working that day, they're building a story with a whole team of other people. They'll ask you questions and go on for hours and hours. They're looking for soundbites to use. They're looking for you give them something that suits the narrative.

If you've ever been interviewed by a reporter that knows what they're doing, you'll know what I mean. There's a way to ask certain questions to get responses that they want. Some people are smart enough to dodge that. (And they begin looking for people who won't when they start casting.)

Then they edit it all together for the audience and there have been times when they've created incidents that never actually happened but I'm sure you can find that on your own.

But please stop calling it a "documentary." If it is, then so is The Real Housewives of whateverfuckingcity.

by Anonymousreply 71October 31, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]Because it is a documentary series...

Bless your little heart.

by Anonymousreply 72October 31, 2021 3:23 AM

I'd like to see a London reunion, personally.

I'd much rather see them than Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 73October 31, 2021 12:09 PM

It is real real. Just because production casts certain types doesn’t change the fact it isn’t scripted. Once you’re in the house they film whatever you do and don’t do.

Crew is not allowed to engage with the cast.

Production steps in once you become a liability for them. But they aren’t stepping in otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 74October 31, 2021 12:22 PM

Bunim/Murray should go for broke and do Real World: Camden.

Have a white MAGAt from Texas move into an all-black house then watch hilarity ensue.

by Anonymousreply 75October 31, 2021 12:25 PM

Most of the black people wouldn’t even bother him r75. It would more than likely be him starting the trouble with them.

by Anonymousreply 76October 31, 2021 12:37 PM

r75 that is what John was supposed to be. A fish out of water story in LA. Tammy, Dom, Aaron, Beth, David, Irene they all lived in Ca.

by Anonymousreply 77October 31, 2021 1:52 PM

R77 same with Julie in season 1. The other 6 lived in NYC, while she came from Alabama. I think it was Alabama. She was the fish out of water.

That was the format for the first 4 seasons. 6 locals and 1 out of towner.

Season 5 started the RW most are familiar with, 7 strangers from all over the country moved into one place, and they have to work together on top of live together.

by Anonymousreply 78October 31, 2021 1:56 PM

I can’t help but feel like them not getting Dominick back is such a miss. It really is. But he must not care about the money at all because they get paid 6 figures to do it.

He’s such a main “character” on the original show. Him, Tami and Jon are the main three.

by Anonymousreply 79November 3, 2021 4:33 AM

The more forgettable Irene from the Real World franchise

by Anonymousreply 80November 3, 2021 4:37 AM

I thought Dominick might make an appearance at some point on the new one. Didn’t Aaron and Dominick stay in touch? I think London would get no”s from jay and jacinda.

I remember Beth s. Despised road rules kara on one of the challenges because kara got to be a playboy playmate and Beth just got a layout with a few other girls from different shows.

by Anonymousreply 81November 3, 2021 4:55 AM

London isn’t even a consideration. San Fran won’t happen. Sean kept Boston from happening or that would have been next.

by Anonymousreply 82November 3, 2021 4:56 AM

The Dominick visiting for one day never happened. It was originally planned but I guess he either backed out or they changed their mind. Maybe they just felt it was too risky with Covid.

by Anonymousreply 83November 3, 2021 4:57 AM

R78 That’s not true. Rachel from Phoenix, Pedro from Florida, Judd NYC…

by Anonymousreply 84November 3, 2021 5:15 AM

Janet was on the brink of becoming a big name in journalism but it never happened. What happened to Lindsey and Stephen. I know Stephen was busted for prostitution charges and Lindsey wanted to make a name for herself in media. What happened to Nathan? He tried to become an actor but it fizzled out quickly and there were rumors he had a drug problem.

by Anonymousreply 85November 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Yes, Nathan had a drug and alcohol problem but then cleaned up and is a born again Christian. He is married also. I met him around 2015 and he spoke to me about living my life for the Lord and tried leading me to him. True story.

No one knows what happened to Lindsay. She vanished.

by Anonymousreply 86November 3, 2021 5:32 AM

Is anyone shocked the cast doesn’t get along? They didn’t get along at all back in 93. Even when they left the house most of them still didn’t like each other. They were also split in three cliques by the end.

Dominic and Aaron hit it off right away and from the start were inseparable. That never changed. By the end it was them, then Jon/Tami/Beth S in another clique and lastly Glen/Beth A.

While they were in Mexico on vacation the three cliques were super obvious. They said they would all stick together but right away they all split, leading to annoying Tami to confront Aaron/Dominic and Beth A/Glen about their being cliquish while they were at dinner, which caused another big argument.

This cast was super entertaining but they never got along well, so it’s no surprise that 28 years later they still have those unresolved issues with one another. And all of that was after David was gone, so throw him in the mix and boom. It’s a lot of fucking drama.

I’m not shocked Aaron and Dominic want nothing to do with this show and only keep in touch with each other and no one else. They seemed to hate their time on the show, and while some others who hated their time have managed to at least embrace the time and have come to terms with it (A lot of the NOLA cast) and willing to come back, those two won’t budge.

by Anonymousreply 87November 3, 2021 5:17 PM

They can’t even seem to all get along while being interviewed for Entertainment Tonight lmaoo. David is something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 18, 2021 9:58 PM

Season two - Tammy and Dom picked up Jon in an RV and drove cross country to LA. It was the beginning of the idea for Road Rules, the spin-off of Real World. Then came the Real World/Road Rules challenge which morphed into The challenge when Road Rules was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 89November 19, 2021 12:11 AM

David and Tami made amends during the 94 Real World reunion where they brought together the first three casts.

Me thinks this was planned bullshit at R88's link.

by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2021 1:08 AM

Ummmm no r90. I think things change with time.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2021 1:10 AM

LMAOOOOOO at r90 believing that forced apology on the reunion was sincere. Lmaoooooo

by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2021 1:11 AM

R89 yes but Road Rules didn’t happen for another 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 93November 19, 2021 11:43 AM

Tami finally said that she is still struggling with body dysmorphia. She also revealed this week that she will let her husband who is 17 years younger than her have a baby with another woman because she can't conceive anymore. Damn Tami!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2021 6:02 PM

R94 I saw that. She’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2021 6:06 PM

Has Jon experienced the homosex?

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2021 9:20 PM

Has Jon experienced the sex?

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote]LMAOOOOOO at [R90] believing that forced apology on the reunion was sincere.

Well, they certainly spent a lot of time on such a forced apology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Episode 1 is now on Paramount Plus, and it got intense at the end. Smh. David is something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 24, 2021 9:38 PM

Whatever one thinks about Beth S, she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 100November 24, 2021 10:09 PM

Both Beths look amazing for their 50s??

Sooooo uncomfortable at the end of episode 1 where they all sit and watch the scene. David has zero remorse.

by Anonymousreply 101November 24, 2021 10:22 PM

Good list of updates on everyone from the casts/seasons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 24, 2021 10:27 PM

R101 he kept laughing. That is what made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 103November 24, 2021 10:49 PM

Well, it wasn't not funny.

by Anonymousreply 104November 24, 2021 10:55 PM

hahaha r104.

it tickled me that the producers were basically like SIT DOWN AND WATCH SOMETHING ON THE TV EVERYONE!! and then proceeded to play that entire scene. they weren't fucking around.

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2021 2:08 AM

It was chaotic. You can tell these people don’t like each other.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2021 11:09 AM

R106 They all probably just wanted to show up & do it for the money.

What other reason would they do it for?

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2021 3:19 PM

Tami declined many times because she retired from reality tv in 2019 but they finally convinced her to do it by telling her RW is where she started, she should do this as a form of closure to her many years of reality tv. That’s when she decided it would be a good idea to come back to this and maybe mend some relationships etc. and as a way to close off her reality tv career, making it full circle.

I think being on tv again is fun for some of them who found the experience positive, like the entire NY cast and Jon/Beth/Irene who loved their time in the house and saw it as a learning experience. Aaron and Dom hated it and won’t ever do reality tv again.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2021 4:31 PM

The look of disbelief on everyone's faces as David rejects Tami's forgiveness really tells the story.

[quote]I think things change with time.

David knows he doesn't have shit to lose at this point as an old man. He likely only apologized at that reunion because he thought he could recover his chances at a career in Hollywood, that ship sailed decades ago so he really doesn't give a shit now.

Tami Roman became a nightmare on reality TV herself in later years, so it is quite something to see her reveal that she is still struggling with things like body image all these years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2021 2:29 AM

Tami reviews Tami!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2021 2:57 AM

I thought then & now that David got a raw deal.

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2021 8:51 AM

R111 Tami says she and several of the cast members apologized to him when he entered the house but it was not shown in the episode

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2021 12:17 PM

Interesting R112. I thought David got a raw deal back then but his reaction to watching the video this go around didn’t help matters.

Also his comment that had he known Tami had an eating disorder he wouldn’t have agreed to live with her was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2021 1:41 PM

r113 No David was a mess. He routinely threatened Jon and was antagonistic towards the women. HIs defense was we was all laughing. Apparenlty he didn't hear Tammy screaming NOOOOOOO. I think it is more interesting to talk about Beth S's relationship with the cast. If I remember her, Tami and Jon were all good friends at the end as the rest of the house alienated them. Beth caught a lot of shit for being an instigator, but the whole Aaron poster thing was pretty damn funny and clever.

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote] HIs defense was we was all laughing. Tammy screaming NOOOOOOO.

Looking at it through the #MeToo prism is unfair to David. From his perspective, everyone WAS laughing and/or smiling (including Tami). And what was the prior incident where the females "violated" the privacy of one of their (non-David) male roommates?

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2021 3:24 PM

R115 Dominick was in bed in his boxers and drunk and Beth lifted his blanket to show Tami his ridiculous boxers.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2021 3:33 PM

Did Dom consent, R116?!

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2021 3:35 PM

R117 no. He was awake and shooed them off but he wasn’t upset.

by Anonymousreply 118December 3, 2021 6:16 PM

Beth is still a shit stirrer and I’m here for it

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2021 12:18 AM

It cute that Paramount thinks Im going to pay to watch this

by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2021 12:27 AM

Did y’all watch? Thoughts on Tami getting mad about what Glen said? I agreed with her. He kept saying it too. She’s saying just say “The N Word”, don’t keep using the actual word. But I also get where David is coming from in not being offended by it.

by Anonymousreply 121December 31, 2021 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!