Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Norah O’Donnell in danger of losing anchor spot at ‘CBS Evening News’

Norah O’Donnell is in danger of losing the top spot at “CBS Evening News,” as cost-slashing execs at the broadcasting giant quietly search for her replacement amid sagging ratings, The Post has learned.

The 47-year-old news anchor — who muscled her way into the evening slot in 2019 as she fled a reportedly strained relationship with co-host Gayle King on “CBS This Morning” — now stands vulnerable to the network’s bean counters as her ratings have stayed stubbornly stuck in third place, according to sources close to the situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 18, 2022 12:17 AM

Wow, I wonder who saw that one coming?

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2021 3:14 AM

She is only 47??

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2021 3:16 AM

Well girl there is only room for one woman, one woman only in CBS.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2021 3:21 AM

People who are great at backstabbing and ladder-climbing sometimes find themselves in positions beyond their substantive abilities.

(I wish Meet the Press would toss Chuck Todd, who also falls into this category.)

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2021 3:23 AM

Network news simply does not matter anymore. Also from what I have heard Norah is a deeply nasty, cold and unpleasant person. As is her former colleague Charlie Rose.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2021 3:31 AM

Does Katie Couric want to come back at a reduced salary? However, she'll have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Bitch talks too much.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2021 3:32 AM

I once interviewed the prime minister of Luxembourg and his feet smelled terrible. I had to febreze the entire room.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2021 3:34 AM

CBS needs to fire all of them, then start over. None of them are winning their time slots, or even come in second.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2021 3:36 AM

I can’t find a picture but she has some really weird eye shadow technique. It’s very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2021 3:39 AM

Too bad Tom Llamas just jumped from ABC to NBC. He may have been a great replacement for O'Donnell, plus he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2021 4:07 AM

I wish they'd ditch Margret Brennan and Gayle King too. CBS has the worst female anchors.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2021 4:11 AM

She's made for morning news, terrible in her lead anchor role

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2021 4:47 AM

R12 she is too "hard" for morning shows where news are usually blended in as fluff piece. The reason she got that job in the morning was at the time, CBS had no hope, they were dead last behind NBC and ABC, so they hired Norah, Charlie Rose and Gayle King and went on a different direction, they tried to present a more serious news program in the morning, separate themselves from NBC and ABC.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2021 4:59 AM

CBSwas too quick to cancel Charlie Rose. Ratings never recovered after he was ousted.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2021 5:07 AM

R11, Brennan Is hot

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2021 5:17 AM

I like Norah

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2021 5:17 AM

47? Dear lord, she looks old.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2021 5:20 AM

Gayle King is dragging the show down.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2021 5:29 AM

I only watch PBS Newshour with Judy Woodruff. During the epidemic she would tell us to “please stay safe” and I felt like mommy was looking out for me.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2021 1:31 PM

CBS needs to give both Norah and Gayle their walking papers.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2021 1:43 PM

Chickens have come home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2021 1:48 PM

Somewhere, Jeff Glor's bate session was interrupted by this news.

It made him laugh and laugh and laugh.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2021 1:48 PM

According to the NYPost piece, horsehung stud Tony Doukopil could be a potential replacement.

Tony vs Miss Tyler Muir.....we know who the top will be!

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2021 1:52 PM

Nora should consult with Jeff Glor, Scott Pelley, and Katie Couric about strategies to entice viewers. I am sure they will be happy to impart their wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2021 1:59 PM

R14 I'm going to have to disagree. Even prior to his scandal I was baffled as to why he was considered an essential interviewer. He was constantly interrupting people far more talented and interesting than him. His interviewees could never get a word in.

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2021 2:05 PM

When I watch network news, I prefer Lester. That guy over at ABC lacks gravitas. CBS needs something better. What's Thomas Roberts doing these days.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Doukopil is gorgeous, but seems to lack the gravitas for evening news. On the other hand, his days at the Gayle King Morning Show starring Gayle King are surely numbered. Gayle is probably eyeing bringing on Peppermint or Laverne Cox

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2021 2:12 PM

Tony D. is way sexier and more muscular than Miss Muir. Plus Tony's hair isn't greasy and gummy.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2021 2:14 PM

Bring back Troy Roberts

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2021 2:33 PM

This is a NYPOST hit piece.

That is why NY Post links are sneered at around here. They are mostly fake.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2021 2:38 PM

No one watches network news other than old people (who aren't addicted to Fox) and people in group homes. I don't know why CBS even bothers

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Haven't they been perennially stuck in third place since Cronkite retired?

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2021 2:52 PM

OMG who will we get to explain the news to us and tell us how to think - Norah proclaimed this was her job when she took over the anchor chair......

She's an idiot with delusions that she is an important journalist with NOTHING to back it up.

If she is sent back to Mornings, I might watch now and then just to see her take Gayle down.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2021 3:04 PM

I like Norah except they make her sound like she is so excited about every story when announcing them in the beginning. I thought she did a fairly good job of trying to hide that she is a Republican. I was never able to figure out if she supports Trump or not. I know she voted for him but always wondered if she could see how bad he was in the coming years. I have actually like All the anchors that they have had and keep replacing so maybe it isn't the anchors but CBS itself. I detest their commercials which are on a loop so every night it's the same damned commercials, almost All pharmaceutical, I am wearing out my mute button and the commercials are so damned long. then at the end of the segment they say they will be right back and 5 minutes later they are back on to tell you what they will have for the next night. There's so little news that they can just waste the end of the program? I just turn it off 5 minutes before it ends now. It's CBS, not the reporters. If I was younger I wouldn't watch the news either because they way they have it programed it, it is aimed only at older people.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2021 3:05 PM

GAYle pushed her out of The GAYle King CBS Morning Show Starring GAYle King because she's a white female. Tony is going to be next on the chopping block. GAYle isn't eating O's snapper for nothing; she's the KWEEN of CBS!

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2021 3:19 PM

CBS = Colored People's Broadcasting System.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2021 3:20 PM

To R36, I just spit my coffee out on my rug...missed my laptop this time. That's a great answer!! CBS in the morning is fucking terrible, I cannot stand GAYle& that football fag Nate. Tony is very hot but his time is limited. Does anyone watch Evening news anymore? If GAYle didn't smell like Orca's snatch, she wouldn't have a job!

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2021 3:32 PM

LANGUAGE @r37 aka trashbag filth.

You have a nasty mouth.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2021 3:35 PM

Is that Nate guy gay? Everyone on here seems to think so...Tony D. looks bigger and more muscular than Nate.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2021 3:40 PM

The person who hates Gayle, why? Did she do something specific or it’s just because she is black?

They never say what their personal beef is with her. They just trash her all day and night with no real reason. And then usually trash other black people in the same post.

Did she do something bad to you?

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2021 3:46 PM

^ Hi, GAYle!

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2021 3:48 PM

I don’t think anyone has legitimately watched CBS News since 1979 or something. When they lost Cronkite, they lost credibility.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote]I'm going to have to disagree. Even prior to his scandal I was baffled as to why he was considered an essential interviewer. He was constantly interrupting people far more talented and interesting than him. His interviewees could never get a word in.

You can disagree all you want, r25, but the truth is ratings dropped sharply after Rose was ousted.

R40, I'm not the person you're referring to but I'd be more than happy to tell you why I can't stand Gayle... she's a smug know it all who never hesitates to tell people who don't agree with her that it is they who are wrong and not her. I want the news and not Gayle's opinion on the news.

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2021 3:56 PM

Norah is a Republicunt. I've noticed her right wing tendencies for years, going back to when she had a puff piece on that obnoxious sexual harasser creep with his neck wattles, Bill O'Reilly. She was breathlessly following him around. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2021 4:03 PM

R43, you forgot to add that she's an ignorant, trashy loudmouth who thinks because she is Oprah's lover she will never be fired (and she's right).

by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2021 4:04 PM

O’Donnell comes across as the phoniest phony to have ever lived. I do like Margaret Brennan. And Major Garrett would be a good choice, too.

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2021 4:08 PM

Can you give an example r43/r45?

That’s the kind of comments I’m talking about. Vague and diffuse. What did she actually do to make you hate her so much?

With that much loathing toward someone, it should be easy to give an example.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2021 4:09 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2021 4:14 PM

It’s because she’s black, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2021 4:15 PM

When you watch ABC and NBC's morning shows everyone seems to be legitimately happy (or at least they're faking it well). Their smiles and banter seem real and not forced...and then you get to CBS where Gayle just oozes, "I'm a miserable cunt".

Nothing about the CBS morning show seems real -- smiles and banter seem forced. Like when they go to! commercial I can see them all sitting in silence until they're on.

R47, yes and no...the last time I watched the show was shorty after Mason and Doukopil were brought on and they were talking about something that happened in the news (I can't even recall exactly what it was because it was something that was so mundane) and Doukopil gave his opinion and Gayle corrected him not with actual facts but with her own opinion. She would do it all the time to O'Donnell and the lady who gone so fast that I can't even remember her name. I think Charlie Rose kept Gayle's ego in check and once he was gone the beast was unleashed.

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Gayle is a rug muncher?

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2021 4:23 PM

They’re just figuring this out NOW? She’s a cunt and I’ll never watch her show. Gimme David Muir anyday!

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2021 4:26 PM

OK R47, R48, R49, we get it, you want to turn this into a race issue. I started watching the CBS morning show when Charlie came on board and it became my go to morning news. After his departure, I was unsure if Gayle was up to the task, Charlie had big shoes to fill. I thought she did a phenomenal job and remained a loyal watcher and encouraged my friends to watch the show. But then something changed over the last year and half. Instead of news, the show became about human interest stories, where race placed a central role. Gayle's opinions became more central and the show has lost its' objectivity. 10 minute segments on personal stories have replaced news events. I've now moved to France 24.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2021 4:56 PM

R44, I’m clearly no fan, but she does a poor job of projecting her right-wing beliefs. I have a problem with news anchors overtly injecting their politics, left or right, &, if anything, she’s guilty of showing her Democratic skirt far too often.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2021 5:05 PM

R53 said it very eloquently. I don't know how to give our race-baiting friend specific examples of why I can't stand GAYle. All I can do is tell you that she is a smug, self-righteous, trashy person who only has a job because she is Oprah's lover. Google "I hate Gayle King" and you will find many specific examples of why people hate her via interviews she has done throughout the years and comments she has made on-air. Of course, no one at CBS dare say a word or Oprah will make sure they never work again.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] I want the news and not Gayle's opinion on the news.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2021 5:10 PM

If it's true that Norah is on her way out, this is just another chapter in what I refer to as the lather-rinse-repeat syndrome. The networks (and I include cable) do the same thing over and over, somehow expecting a different result - this is actually the definition of insanity.

They roll-in and roll-out news hosts every few years, they change the set for the host, they continue to dumb down the content, erase any pretense that the host is an objective individual, who is removed from the stories.

Perhaps one network could do something dramatic, like create a one-hour evening program. Have a host. You know, that person who gives an intro to a story, hands it over to a reporter who provides details.

Here's an idea, someone at one of the many networks could watch some international news programs to see how it's done.

CBS could go back and ask Scott Pelley to return... I think it was the last time the evening news for the network had an actual host.

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2021 5:20 PM

“I don’t know why I hate Gayle, I just do”

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2021 5:53 PM

I usually watch CBS evening news because it follows my favorite local news station, I’m busy cooking and too lazy to change the channel to something else. I’m always surprised at how poorly she conveys sympathy after a human interest story. It reminds me of the movie “Broadcast News”, the scene where William Hurt looks like he’s shedding tears. Is she so cold a human being that she can’t fake sympathy for an 8 year old with cancer (or whatever the story is focused on)??

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2021 6:32 PM

Pale, stale, and female.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2021 6:34 PM

They're already telegraphing to us how this is going to play out, and it will benefit CBS.

Norah will get more 60 Minutes duties. Evening news will move back to New York with Tony D as anchor, where he'll do very well. He has appeared to be in a much better mood the last couple of weeks and now I think I know why.

I can see CBS offering Gayle some kind of Barbara Walters Special-style evening show as her Prime Time "promotion" from CBS Mornings. They probably want to scrap what's left of their morning show and try out some of the weekend faces, which wouldn't be bad at all. I feel like they're already tiptoeing into this, sending Gayle out on assignments and having people fill in for her.

Side note: Norah O'Donnell makes 8 million on CBS Evening News but Brian Williams makes 12 million over at MSNBC?

R40--I was wondering the same thing. Gayle has her shortcomings as a broadcaster and might be annoying as a coworker, but she's not a bad person. Some recurring jokes here are funny and some are lame and this one is the latter. Is the joke that someone is convinced she's a secret lesbian and that's her great sin? Hardy har har.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2021 6:36 PM

Pale, stale, and bio female.

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2021 6:37 PM

60 minutes seems to be the dumping ground for failed CBS anchors...and Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2021 6:53 PM

R61, the "joke" is that GAYle is a closeted lesbian along with Oprah and their relationship is the only reason GAYle has a career. I think she is one of the worst examples of nepotism because she is so utterly terrible at her job., constantly interrupting, and everything else everyone said upthread. I always liked Norah O. on the morning show because she was a good counter-balance to Gayle's idiocy. Now that Gayle is surrounded by sycophants, she is more insufferable than ever. That said, if Tony gets the job he's going to make our DTM very nervous!

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2021 6:58 PM

To R38...No FUCKING SHIT MOTHERFUCKER!! This is "Datalounge", not the NY Fucking Times. To R45...You are Correct, It's because she smells like "Orca's douche" GAYle has a job!!

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2021 7:05 PM

R59 I've noticed that coldness you describe. For what it's worth I think most people in media are not particularly kind and caring but the ability to project an even " pretend" niceness is important for any human interest stories. The few times I saw O Donnell interviewing someone with a sob story I could see her struggling to project a downturned sad mouth while her eyes looked completely blank.

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2021 7:09 PM

And, r66, in a cold emotionless voice she'll end the segment with something like, "that was terribly sad. And in other news..."

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2021 7:12 PM

Can someone bring me fresh poppers?

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2021 7:40 PM

Hate gayle, wont watch because she is on.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2021 8:24 PM

I used to watch Gayle when she anchored Eyewitness News in Hartford. She was OK.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote] "I hate Gayle King"

I always thought Gayle inspired boredom more than hatred; but I don't like her either & she clearly only has the position she does because of The Big O, whatever their relationship.

But I agree with R58; the networks keep doing the same thing over & over again. Bringing in someone who is The Next Big Thing, only to have that person tank in the ratings because NO ONE watches network news anymore. They should bring back Scott Pelley - the olds loved him.

by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2021 9:36 PM

I like Jeff Glor

by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2021 10:53 PM

I was just watching her show...she has incredible blue eyes, really pops. Beautiful.

I switch around between channels depending on the news..

by Anonymousreply 73October 25, 2021 10:55 PM

If Jeff Glor rips that fake looking rug off his head, then he can return to the evening news. Not before. But whoever they get will not help the ratings. CBS has been in 3rd place for decades. It will remain there forever.

by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Do news anchor make that big difference nowadays? I just watch whichever one happens to be on when it coincides with TV viewing schedule. Sure, if someone is really shit at presenting the news, I won't watch but otherwise if they are within the bell curve, who cares. CBS has been 3rd through multiple anchors now, it would have to be an extraordinary personality to change ratings dramatically. And who is that person, can't think of anyone who would make that significant of a difference.

If I watch the news, I tune into CBS out of habit. Mostly because of 60 minutes and Sunday morning show. I'm used to the local CBS news team. It has little to do with Norah O'Donnell. I did give up on the morning show because I can't stand king and the slide towards the usual morning pablum. Rose was a pig and I don't miss him, but the newsie format was much better than the usual morning news fluff.

by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2021 11:28 PM

Norah had a good cackle of a laugh when she was on the CBS morning show.

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2021 11:36 PM

I never watched her as hostess of the evening news until recently, she is as awful as Katie Couric was.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2021 11:37 PM

Gayle was a good local anchor in Hartford.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2021 11:38 PM

Apologies for R75 typos and grammatical issues. Struggle with long posts on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2021 11:41 PM

I watched CBS this morning with Rose, King and O'Donnell. It was interesting. I didn't see the tension between King and O'Donnell butdid note Rose and King flirted all the time.

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2021 11:44 PM

I don't hate Gayle but she doesn't have that spark, either, that would make you understand how she was able to move from local to national news. It is clear the only spark to her is that she is Oprah's BFF.

I'm not discounting her for being black, I've seen several local black female anchors that should be on national tv but for whatever reason they aren't

by Anonymousreply 81October 26, 2021 12:01 AM

[quote]Do news anchor make that big difference nowadays

I don't think the average anchor can bring in viewers but I do think they can make people tune out.

by Anonymousreply 82October 26, 2021 12:11 AM

R82 So true. My Grandmother almost always watches CBS news, but she wouldn't watch it during the Katie Couric era. She said she didn't know why but she just couldn't stand that heifer. But, she doesn't mind O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 83October 26, 2021 12:16 AM

R23 Here's Miss Dokoupil's soliloquy on his (second??) circumcision! Not gonna lie; it made me jealous of that mohel. Tony describes him in the article as a 'Lady Grantham with a pairing knife.' I let out a squeal of excitement at that part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 26, 2021 12:37 AM

^paring knife.

by Anonymousreply 85October 26, 2021 12:39 AM

R84 the choice to illustrate the article with hot dogs is exceedingly tasteful.

by Anonymousreply 86October 26, 2021 12:41 AM

R86 Oh yes - very tasteful but were they kosher?

by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2021 12:44 AM

r76 = Kamala

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2021 2:31 AM

I think it would be embarrassing for CBS to move Tony from the morning show to the evening broadcast. The new "CBS Mornings" with Gayle, Tony and Nate premiered just last month, so to then turn around and break them apart this soon would be virtually admitting that they already view their new morning team as a colossal failure. On the bright side, though, Tony's reassignment would create an opening for Vlad, who appears to be very popular with viewers (and who probably should've gotten the spot they gave Nate in the first place).

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote]GAYle pushed her out of The GAYle King CBS Morning Show Starring GAYle King because she's a white female.

But didn't Norah allegedly push Jeff Glor out so she could have the evening anchor spot? Why is one worse than the other?

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2021 2:38 AM

She has beautiful eyes and her eye makeup is always applied well. That's the only thing I know of her other than she is a generic news lady.

by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2021 2:39 AM

Another airhead lady news reader.I want describe her presentation as banal and inane. Colin Powell's death was reported last week and after the segment aired O'Donnell said something along the lines of "great guy". Banality. The show reminds me of Deborah Norville's cheap entertainment program.

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2021 3:20 AM

I would describe her presentation as banal and inane.

by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2021 3:31 AM

Tony makes my mussy moist!

by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2021 3:34 AM

Doesn't Jeff Glor reportedly despise Norah?

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2021 4:11 AM

R92 No, Norville can actually show emotion when she is reporting something sad.

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2021 6:39 AM

CBS hasn't had a decent anchor since Walter Cronkite. They need to either invest in someone good for the long-term and quit their revolving door of insufferable anchors. Who even is the main anchor on election night on CBS? I don't think it's Norah. She's hard to take in large doses. Their bench is thin.

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2021 7:27 AM

Too bad that Roger Mudd died rather recently, but Dan Rather is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2021 7:38 AM

Gayle is on the road again with the wife-bear, Orca.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2021 8:43 AM

Isn't it intresting how women who leverage their looks find opportunities disappear when they get old?

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2021 9:44 AM

Over/under on being replaced by a black woman?

I mean, I love Yamiche Alcindo, but it is too predictable at this point is she’s named anchor.

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2021 10:00 AM

I'm sorry, R101, did fucking a restauranteur make Norah more qualified?

by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2021 12:20 PM

Norah’s a cunt to all the hair, makeup, wardrobe people at CBS news. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2021 12:51 PM

How so? I was surprised at how vapid her show is.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2021 12:54 PM

Did that fat ugly mohel suck Tony's wound after he drew blood?

by Anonymousreply 105October 26, 2021 12:58 PM

Vlad is another closeted person at CBS who is married to an Asian woman (we know what THAT means) and is also VERY hard to look at. He really has a face for radio. I thought Nora's consolation prize when GAYle ousted her from the morning show was the evening news gig to get her out of New York and also set her up for her inevitable failure.

Can anyone answer whether they have gotten rid of the "Ellen-Esque" DJ already? They were turning the set into a nightclub.

by Anonymousreply 106October 26, 2021 4:32 PM

R106 I don’t buy that at all. Not even remotely. this is THE plum assignment for any network news reporter, and they gave it to Nora as a consolation prize? Second, the news division still has to have ratings and make money. There is no way they’d put someone in that position as a crap shoot. It could cost network executives their jobs. Remember It’s all about money—always.

by Anonymousreply 107October 26, 2021 4:54 PM

Does Tony D. eat out Katy Tur's hairy pussy every day?

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2021 5:02 PM

R30 if the same story word-for-word appeared in The New York Times, you'd say the reporter deserves a Nobel Prize.

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2021 5:22 PM

Pussy, R108? Are you sure about that?

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2021 5:34 PM

Was the mother of Tony Dokoupil's first two children Jewish, also? The 2014 article R84 links talks about his getting a circumcision due to his then-girlfriend, but that date seems to have predated his relationship with the Jewish Katy Tur.

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2021 5:54 PM

Tony D sure is a pussy hound!

by Anonymousreply 112October 26, 2021 6:03 PM

Tony and Nate should just announce that they're leaving their wives for each other. They have quite the onscreen bromance going on and were very touchy-feely this morning. They'd make a lovely couple.

by Anonymousreply 113October 26, 2021 7:10 PM

R111 I would assume so because he discussed having children in a previous relationship that were living in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 114October 26, 2021 7:21 PM

R114, he definitely has a type, then.

by Anonymousreply 115October 26, 2021 7:31 PM

Tony vs DTM

Yesss!

by Anonymousreply 116October 28, 2021 6:07 AM

ok SLUTS does anyone know what happened to the DJ or what?

by Anonymousreply 117October 28, 2021 7:06 AM

He'll be the new anchor once Gayle fires Tony.

by Anonymousreply 118October 28, 2021 12:45 PM

They have 4 hosts this morning. Guess they’re trying everything now.

by Anonymousreply 119October 28, 2021 12:51 PM

The four hosts this morning seem quite comfortable together and it's best version of the show I've seen in months. Keep Gayle off and go with this.

by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2021 12:56 PM

Nate has improved considerably since his first few appearances. Got over his nerves, I guess. I almost like him now but not his sox.

by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2021 1:01 PM

Gayle's contract with CBS/Viacom is ending and she is deep in contract negotiations to renew. She won't be pleased if the show seems to do just as well without her.

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote] Nate has improved considerably since his first few appearances. Got over his nerves, I guess. I almost like him now but not his sox.

Does it have anything to do with GAYle not being there this week? Maybe she intimidates him.

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2021 1:38 PM

Karma, in its purest form.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2021 1:41 PM

I don’t like Tony. His father in law is that psycho Bob/Zoey Tur.

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Tony had nothing to do with his parent-in-law's gender confirmation surgery and new identity.

by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2021 4:37 PM

Plus Katy Tur is great.

by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2021 5:43 PM

I have to agree that this morning's show was actually palatable. That said, I only tune in so I can watch that trainwreck GAYle.

by Anonymousreply 128October 28, 2021 6:37 PM

If she gets shit-canned, I won't miss her. Her entire presence is contrived, as if she was created and only exists as a CGI product. She creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2021 6:40 PM

Is she gone yet?

by Anonymousreply 130October 28, 2021 9:29 PM

R122 sounds like an insider. Tell us what you know!

by Anonymousreply 131October 28, 2021 9:35 PM

She did this propaganda interview for Mohammad Bin Salman two years ago following his dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi. I was shocked that it aired on 60 Minutes.

The interview was heavily promoted all over social media by Saudi operatives/trolls/propagandists who claimed that it cleared his name.

Interestingly, now that O'Donnell is on her way out, 60 Minutes did a new feature last weekend about how MBS is an evil murderer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 28, 2021 9:35 PM

This whole week on CBS Mornings seems like an audition for Tony to see if he can lead, and chem tests for various others to see who might make good additions.

I do not care for Nora, but I hope Gayle isn't being considered to replace her on Evening News.

by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2021 11:10 AM

CBS can't be stupid enough to think King is evening news material. She has her strengths and they are in presenting serious news. She can't even deliver fluffball morning news without gaffs. Initially, I thought she was just being down to earth and showing she was not your typical TV mannequin. But she fucks up every single segment and plays it off as part of her charming every woman persona. Imagine how painful that would be every evening as she covers politics, breaking news, death and mayhem.

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2021 12:45 PM

Remember how stunned the NBC suits were a few years ago when they could no longer cover for Matt Lauer and had to fire him? The Today Show ratings went up significantly without him and they had been paying him millions, thinking his presence was essential to the show's success.

by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2021 12:56 PM

Norah’s such a cold bitch. She needs to be replaced, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2021 3:14 PM

Norah is a nasty bully. Years ago she did some interview with some admittedly dumb 13 year old Sarah Palin supporter and chewed the girl out on live television. And yet whenever I see her interview Saudi tyrants or right wing corporate psychopaths she's smiling placidly and licking their ass. So she can stand up to a idiotic tween but not the people who have real power .

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2021 3:53 PM

Won't someone PLEASE tell me if they still have the DJ or not? I don't tune in until I'm getting dressed for work around 8:00 a.m. and he seems to have disappeared unless they don't use him in the last hour.

They are throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. It seems desperate. Oh, and Gayle sucks. It's better when she's not there.

by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2021 6:47 PM

I like Gayle but the chemistry is off without Charlie Rose. I prefer to watch local news.

by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2021 11:33 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 140October 31, 2021 3:30 AM

I like Norah. I also love the way she dresses and I think shes a beautiful woman. She does give off power dyke vibes though.

by Anonymousreply 141October 31, 2021 4:16 AM

Sorry, ladies, I only want my news from male voices with gravitas. Muir rules.

by Anonymousreply 142October 31, 2021 4:23 AM

No dea she even held this job. Haven’t watched or even thought about network “news” in years.

by Anonymousreply 143October 31, 2021 4:33 AM

She's awful. Pretty boy David Muir is better at reading the news,

by Anonymousreply 144October 31, 2021 4:56 AM

Not a fan of Muir but can't stand "Here I am to educate you" O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 145October 31, 2021 5:01 AM

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 146October 31, 2021 6:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 31, 2021 6:37 AM

Girl could use some bronzer!

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2021 7:58 AM

Well, now that DL has decided she's fired, who will take her place?

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2021 12:04 PM

Davis Muir is one layer of bronzer away from being in blackface. I don't know how he gets away with it.

by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2021 1:03 PM

😴 CBS is a SnoozeFest

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2021 1:19 PM

Howard Beale and Sybil The Soothsayer!

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2021 2:59 PM

I thought Gayle signed a big fat contract with CBS somewhat recently...maybe it was a short term one. I watched CBS This Morning this past week without Gayle and it was much better.

by Anonymousreply 153October 31, 2021 3:25 PM

Tony D makes my nether regions moist!

by Anonymousreply 154November 1, 2021 1:29 AM

CBS Anchors since 1962

Walter Cronkite (1962–1981) Terry Drinkwater (Western Edition co-anchor; 1979–1985) Dan Rather (1981–2005) Connie Chung (co-anchor; 1993–1995) Bob Schieffer (2005–2006) Katie Couric (2006–2011) Scott Pelley (2011–2017) Anthony Mason (2017) Jeff Glor (2017–2019) Norah O'Donnell (2019–present)

by Anonymousreply 155November 1, 2021 3:09 AM

Could Brian Williams, who’s leaving MSNBC at the end of the year, be her replacement?

by Anonymousreply 156November 10, 2021 12:42 AM

R156, dream on Brian Williams!

by Anonymousreply 157November 10, 2021 2:52 AM

Brian Williams should've been CANCELLED when he lied about seeing combat. He can take that ugly daughter whose claim to fame is having her asshole eaten on screen with him.

by Anonymousreply 158November 10, 2021 5:09 PM

Bring back Cronkite...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 10, 2021 5:21 PM

No room on CBS Morning, cracker - move on to basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 160November 10, 2021 7:20 PM

Norah better watch out and hope no one else wants that job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 26, 2022 2:50 AM

She has the most amazing eyes. I tune in just for them.

by Anonymousreply 162January 26, 2022 2:52 AM

She’s the anchor? Who knew. I haven’t watched network news in probably 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 163January 26, 2022 3:32 AM

Tony has resting bitch face and his father in law is an infamous autogynephile tranny.

by Anonymousreply 164January 26, 2022 3:50 AM

Scott Pelley was hosting CBS Evening News before Norah took over. It's a shame they replaced him.

by Anonymousreply 165January 26, 2022 3:51 AM

I kind of miss Matt Lauer. He had presence, and was often a good interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 166January 26, 2022 4:18 AM

I am retired and rarely or never watch AM tv. I did watch for an entire day and was shocked at the preponderance of black news readers. Blacks are only 13 percent of our poplation, so how do we explain this?

by Anonymousreply 167January 26, 2022 4:26 AM

What is "AM tv?"

by Anonymousreply 168January 26, 2022 4:35 AM

R167, I think it's time for you to turn in.

For good.

by Anonymousreply 169January 26, 2022 5:12 AM

Norah must feel great knowing that they are actively looking to replace her. lol The bitch deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 170January 26, 2022 6:24 AM

It couldn't have happened to a nicer cunt.

by Anonymousreply 171January 26, 2022 6:50 AM

after a story about a female navy captain aired, O'Donnell remarked "I love that". A bland and inane comment that was as irritating as it was unasked for. Who asked you? Just read from the teleprompter.Bobble head.

by Anonymousreply 172January 26, 2022 7:29 AM

[quote] Scott Pelley was hosting CBS Evening News before Norah took over. It's a shame they replaced him.

R`165 While your statement is technically correct, Pelley did host at some point before O'Donnell, it was Pelley, then Jeff Glor and then Norah O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 173January 26, 2022 1:31 PM

She is not likable. People don’t want to watch a female anchor who is unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 174January 26, 2022 1:36 PM

I liked Glor and his look but he had the misfortune of going up against Muir at his new peak. Muir is still best, affected voice or not, and he need not worry about Whit taking over. Especially the whiny way Whit says, 'Thank ewwwwww." Blech.

by Anonymousreply 175January 26, 2022 8:18 PM

Norah comes across as such a bitchy cunt. The sooner they dump her, the better.

by Anonymousreply 176January 26, 2022 8:33 PM

Jeff Glor and Scott Pelley have very muscular bodies.

by Anonymousreply 177January 26, 2022 8:39 PM

She misled the public into believing there was a blood shortage. Cunt can burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 178January 26, 2022 9:09 PM

Jeff Glor has that god awful wig!

by Anonymousreply 179January 26, 2022 10:55 PM

I'm ready to take over the job. CBS, have your people call my people. Let's get those ratings to the top.

by Anonymousreply 180January 26, 2022 11:16 PM

I am shocked that she is 47. I assumed she was closer to 64.

by Anonymousreply 181January 26, 2022 11:27 PM

She aint coming back to MY...er the morning show...

by Anonymousreply 182January 27, 2022 12:11 AM

i like her

by Anonymousreply 183January 30, 2022 1:44 PM

Norah has the presence of a senior flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 184January 30, 2022 2:56 PM

OP- and ROSIE O'Donnell is not in danger of losing any weight.

by Anonymousreply 185January 30, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote] ... the lady who gone so fast that I can't even remember her name ...

R50, do you mean Erica Hill? She was on the CBS morning show for about 6 months in 2012, between working at CNN and NBC. I've always liked her and thought she did a good job there, but the atmosphere did appear to be tense. She eventually returned to CNN, where she seems to be doing fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 30, 2022 3:54 PM

CBS offered Norah's anchor seat to Brian Williams twice. He declined both times.

by Anonymousreply 187January 30, 2022 5:11 PM

She is still widely disliked according to the update from The Daily Mail, DLs newspaper of record.

by Anonymousreply 188March 12, 2022 12:23 PM

She's a MILF

by Anonymousreply 189March 12, 2022 12:34 PM

Bitch is still there - get on it CBS.

by Anonymousreply 190March 12, 2022 4:09 PM

Replace that bitch with Tony D

by Anonymousreply 191March 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Jessica Savitch will have her revenge, Norah got nothing on her meltdowns (which we have actual videos of)

by Anonymousreply 192March 12, 2022 5:24 PM

She gets a $65,000 wardrobe allowance!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 12, 2022 6:44 PM

wow!!! is that for every year? very nice gig!

by Anonymousreply 194March 12, 2022 6:47 PM

Tony Doukopil's hot ass as anchor is just what CBS needs.

by Anonymousreply 195March 12, 2022 6:53 PM

I haven't watched CBS news since Dan Rather left.

by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote] Jeff Glor and Scott Pelley have very muscular bodies.

I'd like to see Daddy Pelley top Glor's glory hole.

by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2022 6:53 PM

R193 NY post is not reliable. They have an agenda

by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2022 6:55 PM

I don't mind Gayle. I do miss Anthony Mason, the adult in the room. Nate Burleson is terrible. No gravitas, no awareness of the importance of what he attempts to report. Vlad is fun, but then Vlad does light news and entertaiment. I Never liked Norah. Whenever she reported something tragic, it was like she licked her lips in enjoyment.

by Anonymousreply 199March 12, 2022 6:58 PM

It’s a terrible network. The failure rate there is pretty high let’s face it. As far as her talent well I don’t know. But now she can write a book.

by Anonymousreply 200March 12, 2022 9:13 PM

R197, I'd rather see Tony on his knees in a steam room working Scott Pelley's dick, til Pelley lets go and shoots a load. But they are both straight it ain't gonna happen.

Personally, I'd be satisfied with stepping into a sauna and seeing Scott sitting on a bench, leaning against the wall, manspread wide with his town open. I'd give him a nod, look at his hairy cock and settle in for a good sweat, maybe a chat as well, but always looking at his pecs and sneaking a look at his dick.

by Anonymousreply 201March 12, 2022 9:39 PM

You type despirate, r201.

by Anonymousreply 202March 12, 2022 11:00 PM

R201 Go on.....

by Anonymousreply 203March 12, 2022 11:32 PM

Norah is to struck on herself. It shows she doesn't eat any of her of the food her husband cooks. She is not aging well. Don't care for Oprah's pick Gail or Katie .Curic. as for a clothing allowance? Wiith the money these old broads make, buy their own clothes. Ted Turner had the best readers.. The channels need to rethink salaries and perks for these jobs. I mean really, clothes, hairdressers, make up artists? What other perks do they get? Drivers, limo, wake up calls, what else?

by Anonymousreply 204March 13, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]It’s a terrible network.

At least they've got Lucy coming back in the fall with a new show.

by Anonymousreply 205March 13, 2022 12:37 AM

GAYle is horrible.... the stench of ORCA'S CLAM is sooooo disgusting. GAYle smells like FISH& Raped out old BLACK Trash.

by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2022 12:47 AM

She comes across as brittle, frigid, and just-this-close to an on-camera meltdown.

Like Anne Baxter without the humor or screen presence.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2022 1:00 AM

Should never have gotten rid of Scot Pelley.

by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2022 2:48 AM

CBS wanted Lucy for the morning show, r205, but Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 209March 13, 2022 2:49 AM

I hope she saved and invested wisely. They are all overpaid in my opinion. I switch around depending on the stories...I don't just stick to one channel.

by Anonymousreply 210March 13, 2022 3:53 AM

Get Chris Cuomo.. Need some masculine energy up in this bitch..

by Anonymousreply 211March 13, 2022 4:24 AM

R202, do!? I didn't the fantasy read that way.

And a correction I should have typed towel, not town... "manspread wide with his towel open"

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2022 9:49 AM

I kinda like "town open"......I like to go downtown.

by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2022 6:21 PM

She's embarrassed herself again .

by Anonymousreply 214August 17, 2022 4:19 AM

R214 What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 215August 17, 2022 4:22 AM

R215 incorrectly reported that trumps passports were not taken. Her colleagues ran to the daily mail to bitch about her and said she looks desperate. They have done this repeatedly over the last few years ( bitch about Norah to the tabloids). She seems to be truly hated by the people she works with. News anchors are known for being high maintenance but I never see colleagues of other high profile talking heads constantly complain to news orgs about them.

by Anonymousreply 216August 17, 2022 4:29 AM

She's the anchor? Who even knew. God, I remember when network news was big time, all there was. Now I can honestly say I haven't looked at it in 20 years. I have no idea who the anchors are. I've stopped watched cable news, too. It's all ridiculous. Local news is the only "news" worth watching, it gives you information you can actually use.

by Anonymousreply 217August 17, 2022 4:44 AM

This thread’s median age skews higher than the soap threads’. Who the fuck are all these names you’re throwing out?

by Anonymousreply 218August 17, 2022 4:47 AM

Doesn’t she just read what’s on the teleprompter?

by Anonymousreply 219August 17, 2022 4:50 AM

Imagine watching network news.

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 220August 17, 2022 4:53 AM

Sorry, I can’t talk now! I have to tune my set to the Columbia Broadcasting System and listen to the news as it’s read to me!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

by Anonymousreply 221August 17, 2022 4:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 17, 2022 5:07 AM

Maybe he wiped his passport.

Like with a cloth.

by Anonymousreply 223August 17, 2022 5:09 AM

The news reports say three passports but I've read contradictory accounts about whether one or two of them are expired.

by Anonymousreply 224August 17, 2022 5:11 AM

Brutal:

'She's desperate,' one CBS staffer said of O'Donnell, whose show is falling further behind ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt.

'It doesn't look good. If you're going to attack the POTUS and call him a liar you shouldn't tweet the thing.'

by Anonymousreply 225August 17, 2022 5:23 AM

Norah Done

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 17, 2022 5:26 AM

🖐️🖐️🖐️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 17, 2022 5:28 AM

I like that dark blue thing she’s wearing in r226.

by Anonymousreply 228August 17, 2022 5:29 AM

And they called ME a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 229August 17, 2022 5:35 AM

Will she be missed?

by Anonymousreply 230August 17, 2022 5:37 AM

Norah, we'd like you to kick off the "Eye on Americana" series from rustic Bucks County, PA.

There's a lovely canal there for your backdrop.

*Of course* we'll arrange a car for you.

by Anonymousreply 231August 17, 2022 5:42 AM

Git those Fox Bux!

by Anonymousreply 232August 17, 2022 5:45 AM

They should never have gotten rid of Scott Pelley.

They ditched him because he didn't suck up to Trump on air. Advertisers, you know. 60 Minutes is better for him.

by Anonymousreply 233August 17, 2022 5:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 17, 2022 7:27 AM

Just how much of a bitch is Norah O Donnell behind the scenes? It seems like every couple of years another article comes out where her colleagues trash her.

by Anonymousreply 235August 17, 2022 8:09 AM

Paging: Tony Dokoupil

by Anonymousreply 236August 17, 2022 10:55 AM

I like Norah . I’m Glad she’s still on as top anchor

by Anonymousreply 237August 17, 2022 2:18 PM

Maybe Norah O'Donnell is a bitch, and maybe she's about to be canned, but it's telling that all of the "Everyone hates Norah O'Donnell" stories seem to be coming from only two sources: The Daily Mail and the New York Post.

by Anonymousreply 238August 17, 2022 2:30 PM

What I find interesting is, she hasn’t taken the passport tweet down, and I don’t think she’s corrected herself. These “journalists” are awfully defiant at times, and Twitter of course is inconsistent as far as calling out untruths. Well, if she gets the boot, she can always go back to being a “wife, mom,” the way these creatures all describe themselves first and foremost in their Twitter bios.

by Anonymousreply 239August 17, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote] I have no idea who the anchors are.

How very dare you!

by Anonymousreply 240August 17, 2022 2:49 PM

R238 well to be fair I think that's because they're tabloids. Tabloids specialize in this type of thing.

by Anonymousreply 241August 18, 2022 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!