Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trans comedian Jaye McBride

Based in Brooklyn. I think she’s funny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 8:57 PM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 6:39 PM

I agree she’s funny. I’ve seen her before. Relaxed, self-deprecating. She reminds me of many of the trans people I know in NYC who don’t think they’re perfect, don’t police everyone around them, and are very relatable.

It’s only when I go online and on places like Twitter suddenly trans everything seems like an army of aggression and fighting. Which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 6:41 PM

Please stop peeing in my lawn, maayyumm. She’s funny.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 6:46 PM

Kinda funny, although the jokes are a bit obvious and the "I'm going to show that trans people can laugh at ourselves!" schtick gets a bit tiring. The audience seem to be trying way too hard to laugh loudly so you can know just how cool they are.

I just had a quick look at their timeline to see if they had any jokes about anything other than trans issues, because that's the best way to see how funny they really are, but it doesn't seem like it.

How would Jaye come across on the radio?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 6:53 PM

I’m sorry but I don’t know any real women who are that homely. Not a girl.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 7:29 PM

He should self promote elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 7:31 PM

So, it's okay if THEY have a sense of humor over it. It's just that, we can't, right? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 7:33 PM

The only way she's going to get real laughs, is if she lifts her skirt!

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 7:40 PM

Not a girl. Not yet a woman.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 7:50 PM

Show us your tits!

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 7:54 PM

Middle-of-the-road humor, very likable as a person. That seems intentional. Trans is her gimmick.

I agree with other posters above, if she can be funny telling completely non-trans material then maybe she’s got something.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 7:57 PM

A couple of mild chuckles in there.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 8:25 PM

Amanda LePore is hysterical, and all she has to do is stand there and pose.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!