Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I feel so bad for this poor guy

Who in the hell from the military put this video on YouTube? Is that even allowed?

Still, I have so many questions.

First and foremost, don't you have to know how to swim to be in the military?

The guy talking him through it was awesome, though. He was surprisingly patient with the soldier.

The lady in the water was real bitch, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 7:18 PM

I do too, but these days a kid should be taught how to swim right after he learns to walk. No young adult should be afraid of a swimming pool

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 10:34 AM

But the fact is he is terrified of the water. He could have a panic attack alone and drown or if somebody tries to help him they could drown as well. If this is a requirement in the military then he shouldn't be in the military.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 10:43 AM

Black/Afro-American people do not tend to be great swimmers and I don't know why that is. Like, their parents don't often take them to swim lessons...at least that's what i've observed and if I'm wrong, please let me know. I think a lot of this has to do with upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 10:50 AM

^^also, grew up in Cali with the melting pot, so not a racist.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 10:52 AM

I wish they did a follow-up to this.

I wonder if he can swim now?

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 3:38 PM

When I was a boy I went a YMCA camp during the summer (a very long time ago). It was a group of white kids. We had one black counselor who was in no way afraid of the water. Two years later I went to a camp that was equal mixes of white, latino and black and I don't remember anybody being afraid of the water. Everybody jumped in. It really has to be a case of not enough people of color getting lessons when they are young and not having facilities available. Maybe back then more were available which seems pretty strange.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!