Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Women across the UK say they're being injected with needles in nightclubs

Women across the UK say they're being spiked with needles in nightclubs, blacking out, and waking up with no recollection of what happened the night before, according to multiple reports.

Police in Nottinghamshire, West Yorkshire, and Scotland have all received reports of spiking with injections and are investigating the incidents, the BBC reported.

One 20-year-old man in Nottingham has been arrested and released on bail in connection to a report of a needle-spiking incident on October 16, Superintendent Kathryn Craner of Nottinghamshire Police told Insider.

Zara Owen, a first-year student at Nottingham University, told The Independent that she blacked out during a night out and woke up with a "pinprick" on her leg, which caused her "sharp and agonizing pain."

A 19-year-old in Nottingham - who did not want to be named - said she felt "a pinch on the back of her arm" before blacking out while also partying in Nottingham nightclub, her sister Ellie Simpson told the BBC.

"It's really frightening because I don't know how you're meant to prevent it," Simpson said, as per the BBC. "Obviously you can put your hand over your drink but how do you stop somebody stabbing you with a needle?"

It is unclear exactly how many cases there have been across the UK far, but the reported ones include:

*Nottingham University student Zara Owen believes she was spiked by injection while at the Pryzm nightclub in Nottingham on October 11, as per the BBC.

*Ellie Simpson, from Nottingham, said her 19-year-old sister believes she was injected during a night out at Stealth nightclub in Nottingham on October 12, as per The Times.

*Stealth nightclub in Nottingham confirmed to the BBC that it received two reports from customers who thought they may have been spiked by a needle in the last two weeks. It is unclear if one of these reports was Simpson's sister.

*West Yorkshire Police said it was investigating one case of spiking by injection reported in Leeds on October 13, as per the BBC.

*A Police Scotland spokesperson told Insider that police is investigating "a small number of reports" of spiking by needle injection in Edinburgh, Dundee, and Glasgow.

There have also been several other allegations by women on social media in cities including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, Dundee, and Liverpool, although these remain unconfirmed, iNews reported.

Insider reached out to police in Nottinghamshire and West Yorkshire for further information. It also contacted nightclubs Stealth and Pryzm.

But it's not just spiking by injection that seems to be a problem.

The Night Time Industry Association (NTIA) told the BBC it had seen a rise in drink-spiking throughout the UK as well, with some women reporting being spiked in pubs as well as nightclubs.

It is not clear how many women have reported being spiked via their drinks.

Charlotte, a third-year student at Leeds Conservatoire, told the BBC she collapsed and was "drifting in and out of consciousness" after being spiked in a pub in the city center.

The cases have prompted students at multiple universities to boycott nightclubs in their local area in an effort to make them do more to tackle spiking.

A Home Office source told Politico: "This is absolutely awful. We have asked for an update from the police on this and would encourage anyone to report this behavior to the police."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2021 9:22 PM

These women are not "across the UK" they are up and down the UK.

You're either Up or Down there.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 5:18 AM

This or something similar happened to Digby Pinsent, the brother of DL fave Zack Pinsent, last week. He had to go to (the) hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 5:19 AM

More post-Covid insanity.

I fear that people Covid-related mental issues are going to get worse and worse.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 5:21 AM

They’re all witches.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 5:27 AM

Another storyline for Emmerdale!

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 5:30 AM

It’s a very odd phenomenon and I don’t think so many women in different parts of the country are lying about it but…

As experts have pointed out, trying to inject people at random is very difficult when the victims will be both clothed abs moving round and it will take a significant volume of the drug to be injected to have the desired effect.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 6:18 AM

That’s frightening.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 6:38 AM

Are there tox reports? I’m not doubting it, just wondering. And do they become unconscious and fall over or are they functioning and just don’t remember? Do they get rape kit tested? Are they being raped? Where to they wake up? In their own beds or someplace strange like a hallway or alley? Don’t the people they’re with notice they’re zombified?

These articles don’t give many details.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 6:42 AM

Sounds like the better part of my 20s.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 6:50 AM

Any copycat incidents here yet? You know how much we look up to Britain here.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 6:54 AM

That’s scary is fuck because that’s how HIV happens.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 6:55 AM

Why was this creep released in bail? Fuck. This will give uggos at the gay club ideas.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 7:06 AM

After Reynhard Sinaga managed to rape well over 100 men before being caught, it made me realise how effective whatever that drug must be (GHB?) The men had no memory and many only found out after the fact. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 7:29 AM

I doubt this is true, spiking drinks has been throughly de-bunked, I’m sure this will be as well. It’d be incredibly hard to inject someone without their consent, and how would the person doing it know how what dosage to give.

Too much and the victim passes out in the club, too little and it has no effect, what is the motive if the women are not being sexually assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 7:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 7:53 AM

The UK is full of sick, twisted people. First throwing acid on people, now putting needles in people to drug them? And those needles could be infected with HIV too.

Sick Brits.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 7:58 AM

My sister told me when she was about 20 that she thinks she had her drink spiked (she was quite popular and a partier) because she was found walking about in the middle of the night with no shoes and no memory.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 8:19 AM

I believe this must be the works of some men of a certain cult, the Cult of Peace.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Believe it or not, R18, everything wrong in Britain isn’t the fault of Muslims. White people with English accents are more than capable of doing bad things.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 8:26 AM

Stephen Port gave his victims GHB. Added it to drinks, raped, and killed four gay men. Although like with Sinaga, it seems that he'd been able to get them to his flat first.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 8:27 AM

I have R18 on block, I'm guessing it's because he's a far right white supremacist.

If Muslims want to abuse women they'll find it much easier than masquerading as a party boy and going to a club to try and stick needles into women.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2021 8:27 AM

[quote]Stephen Port gave his victims GHB. Added it to drinks, raped, and killed four gay men. Although like with Sinaga, it seems that he'd been able to get them to his flat first.

In Sinaga's case he would watch from his flat window, in Manchester city centre, and target drunk and disorientated men who had become separated from their friends and got them back to his flat where he told them they could call a taxi. Then he gave them a drink with GHB and raped them.

In Port's case men willingly went to his flat for sex, but he was using a ridiculously old photo of him in a wig and looked nothing like what the men were expecting.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 8:49 AM

[quote]spiking drinks has been throughly de-bunked

About 15 years ago or so there was a spate of articles about how spiking drinks was a myth, but no one believes that it's a myth anymore. Maybe back in the early 2000s people mistakenly believed they had their drinks spiked, but now it's a reality.

In the UK there was someone just recently arrested after video caught him spiking some drinks.

I have questions, like where did these people wake up after they came to? Did they go out with friends and what did their friends see? But I don't necessarily not believe they were stuck with needles, because there are psychos out there who do stuff like that for the lulz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 8:51 AM

R22 Port was also charged with drugging and raping 3 other men (whom he did not kill). Here's another interesting tidbit from Port's wikipedia entry, about GHB:

[quote]In 2019, Gerald Matovu who was known to have supplied Port with the GHB used in the killings was arrested and sentenced to 31 years in prison for the murder of actor and businessman Eric Michels. Using similar methods to Port, Matovu had targeted Michels on Grindr and given him a fatal dose of GHB

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 8:53 AM

Needles dicks perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 8:53 AM

I had never heard of Reynhard Sinaga before.

The story of how he was finally caught, is fascinating:

[quote] A HERO rugby player helped snare Britain's worst rapist when he battered the sex fiend after waking up naked in his seedy lair.

But the 6ft tall, 13 stone teenager was arrested for assault after calling the cops when he managed to escape depraved Reynhard Sinaga's flat.

The 19-year-old athlete, who can't be named, had woken up with his trousers by his ankles to find the naked monster, who drugged and attacked up to 195 men, molesting him.

He battered Sinaga, 36, so brutally he left the rapist with a bleed on the brain and blood splattered around the flat in Manchester.

Sinaga then spun a web of lies after being stretchered to hospital - meaning the victim, then aged 18, was arrested on suspicion of assault.

But the blundering rapist had accidentally left an iPhone 4 in the teen's back pocket containing gruesome videos of him attacking his drugged victims.

After he tried to "snatch" the mobile, which he had held in one hand while molesting the men, cops realised they were dealing with the UK's worst rapist.

UK'S WORST RAPIST

Police raced to twisted Sinaga's lair where they discovered another mobile - this time "propped to side” to capture rapes “in profile”.

Prosecutor Iain Simkin told Manchester Crown Court if Sinaga had not “recorded himself” raping his victims “nobody might ever have found out.”

Sinaga was today found guilty of 159 charges against 48 men - aged between 17 and 36 - but cops found footage and other evidence of up to 195 victims on laptops and the two iPhones.

Jurors heard how the brave teenage victim had been at Factory nightclub with friends on June 2, 2017 but became separated from them.

Using the same modus operandi he used for all his victims, the sadistic rapist approached him and suggested the man should try contacting his friends from his flat.

'I HAD TO DEFEND MYSELF'

The rugby player said Sinaga "seemed like a friendly guy" so he agreed to go back to his home in the city centre.

He said he remembered the rapist pouring two shots of “red liquid” and a “shot of clear liquid” before he “blacked out” and woke hours later with Sinaga naked on top of him.

The victim told jurors: "I had to defend myself to get out of there."

Devout Catholic Sinaga lured victims back to his flat for drinks or to charge their phone before slipping them a date rape drug and violating them.

He prowled the streets outside Manchester nightclubs in the early hours looking for lone, drunk men to attack.

CAGED FOR LIFE

As he was jailed for life, the court heard the sex attacker had even played 'Top Trumps' of people he raped by keeping screenshots of his victims' social media profiles after checking their IDs.

The sick predator boasted of using his “secret poison” to make young, straight men “fall in love” with him between January 2015 and June 2017.

In one chilling encounter captured on CCTV, he left his flat and returned with a victim just 60 seconds later.

Most victims were clueless they had been attacked and only two already knew they had been raped when they were approached by police.

Police have been unable to identify 70 victims and it is believed dozens more could now come forward following his conviction.

Assistant Chief Constable Mabs Hussain of Greater Manchester Police urged anyone who believes they may have been a victim of Sinaga to come forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 8:58 AM

This poor guy even posted a photo of himself thanking his rapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 9:02 AM

The BBC documentary is harrowing but very well made.

There was one report about how police were called to Sinaga's flat after a guy had woken up and become aggressive. The victim was well known to the police and had a long history of violence. Sinaga was lucky not to have been killed.

The Guardian did a long article about the case and interviewed a guy who had been Sinaga's flatmate. He didn't think there was anything odd about Sinaga's behaviour and thought he had self confidence issues which is why he only even met really drunk guys. No understanding of consent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2021 9:16 AM

Sinaga fucked with the wrong guy in the end!

He got his rapist face bashed in, AND he got caught.

Good!

After googling who the fuck he was, his parents are even worse. His mother made some stupid statement like, "Yes he's the worst rapist in British history, but he's still my baby boy!" UGH! Can you believe that shit???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2021 3:49 PM

Oh, and his parents look crazy as shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2021 3:51 PM

R14 you're an imbecile and most likely a creep yourself. One of the most prolific serial rapists spiked the drinks of over 100 men before assaulting them, spiked drinks are not a "myth"

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2021 4:45 PM

R27 that’s awful

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2021 4:33 AM

After multiple reports of spikings a "Girls Night In" campaign was launched in numerous cities, encouraging women to stay away from clubs on certain nights to encourage places to increase security, like putting lids on glasses and stoppers on bottles to stop drinks being spiked.

Naturally the term "Girls Night In" wasn't inclusive to all genders and identities so they've apologised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2021 7:18 AM

R31, spiked drinks in nightclubs and spiked injections are a myth, there have been several rapists who spike their victims in their homes, see the difference?

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2021 7:30 AM

The difference is that you included a specific detail you left out of your original post R34. See the difference?

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2021 7:35 AM

Oh, please. It happens every year this and that and no one has ever been arrested, except that Indo gay perv. And being spiked at home and spiked at bars are different. In my neck of the woods, there is always an urband legend of virginity-losing drugs: rubbing on the arm, spiking in the drink, injecting in the shoulder, spraying in the car, etc. But the police can never find the perps as details were shaky, vague, and inconsistent. Besides many many experts have proved that those incidents were untrue, concocted as easy excuses to cover up one's own stupidity or embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2021 8:06 AM

I have R36 on block for some reason. Reading his opinions I understand why.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2021 9:05 AM

Funny that only today I saw this story of a man who has been CONVICTED of spiking a woman's drink in a nightclub and then raping her. I think the way they do it is that when she's drowsy, they 'help' her to their place and nobody suspects because she seems drunk at a club. And cops tested everything at Sinaga's place and could not find any trace of the drug. It does seem to be something that is hard to test for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2021 11:24 AM

R6, it may be unrelated, but when I took my Covid jabs, on both ocassions the injections took a few seconds and I didn't even notice it. If you are already drunk and dancing away, people tend to touch each other a lot and I can see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2021 12:06 PM

What a sad bastard @R38, that he needs to spike someone's drink to get laid. Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2021 12:08 PM

[quote][R6], it may be unrelated, but when I took my Covid jabs, on both occasions the injections took a few seconds and I didn't even notice it. If you are already drunk and dancing away, people tend to touch each other a lot and I can see it happening.

To have your vaccine you had to sit still. I have colleagues working at vaccine centres and for nervous people who can't sit still it's very difficult to vaccinate. Vaccines are given in the arm because it's a convenient and vey effective place to absorb the vaccine. The needle goes in first, then they inject the vaccine.

If you're looking to drug/anaesthetise someone then the content of the syringe is going to be adjusted and it's simply difficult to inject someone with the kind of volume that would be needed to drug them. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but spiking someone through injecting is A LOT harder than putting something into their drink.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Are there any nurses or doctors on the DL that can enlighten us as to why is it or not possible?

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2021 12:21 PM

R1, “across the UK” is commonly used as there are four nations. “Up and down” would imply that there are not significant differences between them.

The needle attacks are a fairly recent development. I believe that venues have a responsibility as well as the police to minimise the risk of women being drugged. Too many venues allow women to get absolutely hammered with alcohol to the point where where it is hard to tell why they have passed out. The police should increase their presence in areas where there are a lot of bars and clubs and identify women at risk before they come to harm.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2021 12:30 PM

R43 'Across the UK' sounds fine to me too (fellow Brit here).

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2021 12:36 PM

R42 there’s an article in vice magazine on this issue

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2021 12:51 PM

R35 either learn to contextualise or learn some manners.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2021 12:55 PM

Spiked drinks in bars and nightclubs are most definitely not a myth. I know a guy and a girl who were spiked, managed to figure it out, and had friends help them to the hospital where it was confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2021 12:59 PM

“More post-Covid insanity.”

Men have always been batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2021 1:03 PM

R48 Yeah, spiking drinks has been around for decades. I remember my Boomer dad telling me that when he was young and single, he had his drink spiked in a pub and that the pub owners put him to bed there overnight because of it. He said that he thinks it was about getting him hooked on drugs but I now wonder..

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2021 1:08 PM

What kind of retard parent names a child Zara?

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2021 1:46 PM

R50 Princess Anne. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2021 1:52 PM

Here’s the article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2021 2:00 PM

Sick Brits R16: recent yearly stats:

U.K. Murders with firearms14 US 9,369 US 669 times more than United Kingdom

Murders with firearms per million UK 0.236 US 32.57 US 138 times more than United Kingdom

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2021 2:07 PM

R53 Yeah, the UK's homicide rate is 1.2 per 100,000 people while the US's is 4.96. The murder solve rate is better in the UK too (after they learnt from terrible policing in the 1970s). While many things may suck here, don't necessarily go by media reports to form your impression about what country is better than another. Media reports by their nature report the best and the worst and that may skew how you see things.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2021 2:17 PM

That’s one way to get more folks vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2021 2:37 PM

R46 says the cunt who misspoke and then replies with two condescending posts. You must be British, you have that attitude

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2021 8:56 PM

R33, women not being able to protest against or raise awareness about this risk to (primarily) women because they're supposedly not inclusive of transwomen shows the hypocrisy of the acceptance of trans demands. Apparently, we're meant to listen to women but women must also shut up if they're saying things we don't want to hear.

How on earth can we talk about risks to women and try to find ways to reduce the risks and protect women, if we're not allowed to talk about women?

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Drink spiking is definitely not a myth, I had it done to me back in the early 00s (luckily we left immediately after, by happy coincidence). Perhaps it's like a lot of things, there are true stories, then there are people misidentifying other situations as having their drink spiked?

Not to get into the veracity of these reports at all, but it is interesting from an historical perspective that over the centuries a kind of mass hysteria regularly gets whipped up over women being pricked or slashed or stabbed by a mysterious assailant.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2021 9:13 PM

It's no different than all the other string of specific crimes that can hit at the same time. Remember when people were dressing up as clowns and scaring the shit out of people? That seems to have calmed down as well

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2021 9:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!