Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Neon Moon” (1991) by Brooks & Dunn

I see that it has found it’s way back into the mainstream, as it’s become a viral TikTok trend.

Anyone else love this song? I forgot about it until I saw videos using it on TT, and then I saw Brooks & Dunn re-uploaded the song to YouTube 3 weeks ago, probably to capitalize off of the trend.

What a good song.

Love that TikTok introduces today’s youth to great songs of the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2023 4:06 AM

Love the song, loathe tik tok. I’d prefer old songs I like stay unknown to the idiots on there.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 1:20 AM

Back when they first hit the mainstream, I always wanted Brooks to show me his neon "moon" -- among other things.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 1:20 AM

Someone made a compilation of many of the videos doing the viral dance on TT to this song (or the remixed version)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 1:22 AM

R1 but why? TT makes songs chart again and brings back relevance. Look at what happened with Fleetwood Mac last year.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 1:23 AM

Country hotties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 1:26 AM

R4: it’s the vanity and narcissism of tik tok. I’m all for songs I like getting a second or third go round of popularity but I don’t want to associate a song I like with some stupid dance and/or these vapid 20 year olds. I do sound like a bitter old queen. I’m 42 but look 20 though obviously so it can’t be that!

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 1:30 AM

Candace Cameron loves this trend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 1:30 AM

One of my all-time favorite songs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 1:31 AM

They're homophobic Trumpsters

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 1:33 AM

This isn’t as good as the original, and it could have been so much more with Kacey Musgraves, but still a nice alternative version of the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 1:33 AM

It’s a great song and Ronnie Dunn was a great singer and songwriter.

Kix? Meh

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 1:34 AM

I’m really proving my miserable old man credentials with failed YouTube links now too! This is what I meant to post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 1:34 AM

It ain't no "Red Dirt Road" or "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone."

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 1:35 AM

“Boot Scootin Boogie” is a country classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 1:45 AM

That was played to death

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 1:53 AM

Love it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2021 7:30 PM

I also came to post the Kacey Musgraves cover, R10. I love her. Great song

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2021 7:52 PM

[Quote] They're homophobic Trumpsters

[Bold] NO. Ronnie Dunn is the only one. Brooks left for awhile because Dunn was such a fucking piece of shit Repig ass licker diva!!!! Dunn is known as the biggest ASSHOLES of assholes in country music. Even Reba can't stand him. She does the shows with them because Brooks is a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2021 7:58 PM

[quote] it has found it’s way back into the mainstream, as it’s become

OP, look at your stupid misuse –and proper use- of apostrophes.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2021 8:18 PM

Love this song

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2022 7:41 AM

On repeat.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2023 4:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!