Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Five military veterans advising Sen. Sinema resign, calling her one of the 'principal obstacles to progress'

Five military veterans on Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's advisory board resigned from their roles this week, slamming the Arizona Democrat as one of the "principal obstacles to progress."

In a letter to Sinema, the veterans expressed frustration with her refusal to change the Senate filibuster to protect voting rights, failure to support prescription drug negotiations, her opposition to parts of the Democrats' sweeping budget reconciliation package that make up President Joe Biden's agenda and criticized her for not voting on the January 6 commission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 9:17 PM

I’m all for getting rid of her, but just because someone is a veteran doesn’t give their opinion any more heft.

All means is A) They had to follow in the family military tradition or B) They lived in a shitty place with no money and wanted to get out.

As far as generals, retired or otherwise, big schmeil. It meant their family was connected and could get the right politicians to write letters of recommendation to the academy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 6:58 PM

What does their being military veterans have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 7:04 PM

Kinda missing the point, aren't you, r1?

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 7:09 PM

Resignation video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote]What does their being military veterans have to do with anything?

They’re trying to conflate “toughness” and “bravery” with progressiveness. I’d say Sinema who’s being harassed to the nth degree by progressives is the tough and brave one.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 1:26 PM

I was going to get up and do some exercises but ^^^ just provided me with a full body eye roll so I'm done with my stretching for the day.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 1:38 PM

In the absence of logic and good sense we now rely on our military to tell us when we've gone off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 2:00 PM

She's batshit. Primary her.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 2:09 PM

[quote]In the absence of logic and good sense we now rely on our military to tell us when we've gone off the rails.

You best be not pro-trans.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 2:26 PM

She’s just a narcissist. She loves the attention

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 2:30 PM

Aren’t they all though, R10?

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 2:32 PM

Yes, the Dems need to get rid of everyone who doesn't think exactly like Bernie. Groupthink is good.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote] Yes, the Dems need to get rid of everyone who doesn't think exactly like Bernie. Groupthink is good.

No.

Congress--all of America, actually--needs to get rid of mentally ill and/or corrupt asshats.

I would bet that Wyden, Tester, Booker & Kelly in a room together could craft fair legislation based on compromise that would appease a huge swath of Americans on both sides of the aisle, merely by negotiating in good faith.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 2:58 PM

I will check with some friends who work in DC whether this is actually any sort of a big deal or just an easy way for CNN to slam Sinema. I suspect the latter.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 3:03 PM

Please report back, R14.

I'm somewhat inclined to believe the former. Her only value to her donors is her ability to get things done for them and obstruction can only go so far (further than I want, personally, but...). To the chattering classes, offending the sacred cow of veterans might blunt her influence.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote] She's batshit.

I don't think she's crazy at all. I think she's corrupt as hell and is taking her orders from whoever she's in hock to.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote]I don't think she's crazy at all. I think she's corrupt as hell and is taking her orders from whoever she's in hock to.

The irony of it all!

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 3:41 PM

Charles Koch is giving her orders. He is also involved with Manchin. He's got the money-they got the greed. Sinema promised her corporate buddies-like Koch- corporate taxes and taxes on people making more than 400,000 per year -would not be in the BBB bill. Charles Koch and the Heritage Foundation has her pussy in a bag and Manchin's balls in a purse. The tax situation is overwhelmingly popular but Sinema won't vote for any bill that is paid for by the wealthiest among us. They both need to go but I guess they got the Dems over a barrel. It seems so wrong that 2 senators can gut the bill . And all for pure greed. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 4:33 PM

This bitch seems like a gop operative.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 4:43 PM

This is just a cash grab for this bitch. She's not interested in a long career in politics and I don't even think she's wanting to be a lobbyist. I think her strategy is to get as much cash now so she can retire in comfort and spend the rest of her life wearing weird outfits and trolling. She has no more business being in Congress than that other crazy bitch from the other side of the aisle, Marge Three Toes.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 4:47 PM

She’s LITERAL VIOLENCE!!! Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2021 8:37 PM

I just hope twice as many people are refusing to sleep with her.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2021 8:47 PM

"Please don't touch me"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2021 8:49 PM

Hilarious article by NBC. I’m looking forward to the “… is bad for blacks” article next.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 8:54 PM

Kyrsten Sinema is a boil on the butt of humanity. If her face caught fire, I'd probably put the flames out with an icepick.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!