Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unvaccinated people should expect to catch COVID-19 every 16 months

The Yale School of Public Health analyzed data on natural immunity to estimate how often unvaccinated individuals can expect to become reinfected with COVID-19 for a new study.

The study determined that natural immunity is somewhat short.

Individuals who are unvaccinated can expect to be reinfected with the coronavirus roughly every 16-17 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2021 1:29 PM

geez, that's a great way of cutting down on the extra population

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 1:35 PM

Studies are highly subjective/speculative. I'm unvaccinated, been 20 months since the start of Covid, still haven't caught it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote] I'm unvaccinated, been 20 months since the start of Covid, still haven't caught it.

Yet. You haven’t caught it yet. Myopic fool.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 1:39 PM

Thanks for that, OP.

I would only add that most of the unvaccinated deserve to catch Covid-19 every 16 months.

Darwin rules. Buh-bye!

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]Yet. You haven’t caught it yet.

And there is no medical reason why I shouldn't last another 20 months. Or 20 years for that matter. Covid remains largely unknown and therefore the knowledge about the virus largely speculative.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 1:49 PM

"Covid remains largely unknown"

In what sense, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 1:50 PM

R6 The medical community currently knows three things with 100% certainty about Covid/vaccines:

1. That you can contract, transmit and die from the virus whether or not you are vaccinated.

2. That you can end up in hosptial with complications from the virus whether or not you are vaccinated.

3. That the vaccines have limited efficacy.

The rest, including the thread subject study, is speculation.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 1:53 PM

R7: the vaccinated can't die from the virus unless they're severely immunocompromised, which it say the vast majority will not, nor will they end up in a hospital. And most vaccines have limited efficacy, hence boosters. But you do you, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 1:55 PM

The next frontier in stupidity will be parents refusing to vaccinate their children. I envision numerous suburban yoga mommies desperately vying for the media attention and libertarian asspats that refusing to vaxx their kids will get. " As a Mommy my gut instinct tells me the vaccine is wrong for my precious child. Mommy bears should never ignore their feelings....".

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 2:06 PM

R8 I simply posted what medical science is sure of about Covid. You're arguing your biases.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote]Unvaccinated people should expect to catch COVID-19 every 16 months

Does "Unvaccinated people" include people who haven't had the booster?

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 2:26 PM

R7/R10, Simply put, you're full of shit and the claim of "limited efficacy" is grossly misleading. The fact that you haven't manifested Covid-19 symptoms yet is a large measure of luck.

Your wording should be that vaccine efficacy isn't 100%, which is the case with all vaccines. A glaring omission in your 3 point(less) manifesto is the established fact that Pfizer and Moderna have a 95% efficacy rating, with J&J's being slightly lower. All of these, BTW, are excellent numbers in the battle against the pandemic.

Your commenting style strongly suggests you're a puppet account of Defecto. It's no wonder that so many people on the DL absolutely despise you.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2021 2:34 PM

Can I have R2's stuff?

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2021 2:47 PM

R2 Shut ins who are not around other people shouldn’t worry too much I’d think

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2021 3:00 PM

I’m a shut in. Still got it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 3:01 PM

R7, The rates of those between the vaccinated and unvaccinated are so different that the medical community also knows FOR SURE that you chances of getting and being hospitalized for COVID is far far far far far far lower if you are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote] I'm unvaccinated, been 20 months since the start of Covid, still haven't caught it.

The fact that you haven't been horribly injured in a car crash doesn't mean it won't happen tomorrow.

Wearing a seatbelt decreases the chance of severe injury dramatically, which is why you wear one.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2021 3:17 PM

My 45 year old unvaccinated coworker is in the ICU with covid (he is religious and thinks the vaccine is the mark of the beast). He has three small children (one with severe autism) and his wife doesn’t work. They are going to be screwed if he dies, and I feel terrible for his wife. My 79 year old vaccinated mother tested positive on Monday and just has a mild cough. The vaccines do what they are supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 3:22 PM

R17 The fact that I haven't been crushed by a meteor or run over by a car/bus while crossing the street doesn't mean it won't happen tomorrow. (Fatalistic nonsense doesn't make your point.)

R18 An 80 year old vaccinated woman I know ended up in hospital with breathing problems due to contracting Covid. (See how that works?)

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2021 3:25 PM

Doesn't this confirm that natural immunity offers longer protection than even the vaccine. Why else would they recommend getting boosters in less than a year? And whose to say if that will be the last one or if we'll need another. I'm pro vaccine but I would draw the line at neverending booster shots. That would very likely compromise your immune system.

Interesting that last year, you were likely to get reinfected 3 months later. They quietly paused those studies. More likely the people who had Covid who were getting reinfected were immunocompromised and that natural immunity offered longer protection.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote] I'm pro vaccine

Sure, Jan.

[quote]but I would draw the line at neverending booster shots.

Oh, you mean like the flu shot? Sure, I’d rather rush my life than get a shot every 8 months or so. That’s good thinking.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote] Wearing a seatbelt decreases the chance of severe injury dramatically, which is why you wear one.

The overwhelming majority of police officers will not be shot in their careers. Statistically speaking, the chances are nil.

Yet every single one of them I see is wearing a bullet-resistant vest.

I can’t figure that one out. [/s]

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] Oh, you mean like the flu shot? Sure, I’d rather rush my life than get a shot every 8 months or so. That’s good thinking.

New versions of the vaccines are developed twice a year, as the influenza virus rapidly changes. It's not a booster moron.

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2021 3:44 PM

I know a number of people who have never been vaccinated, are working outside the home, rarely wear masks and have never contracted COVID!

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2021 3:58 PM

Same, R24.

Me—I caught it twice. I think some are more susceptible.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2021 4:00 PM

R15 How do you think you got it?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2021 4:01 PM

And should say I’m a shut in, masks, don’t associate with people. Still caught it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2021 4:01 PM

I don’t know R26. Probably from running errands even though I wore a mask.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2021 4:02 PM

Anecdotal evidence is meaningless. It is not scientific nor is it accurate. It cannot even be considered "research" in Facebook "Do your own RESEARCH!" hur dur hur dur terms.

I mean, I know a lot of people who like fucked up the ass. Does that mean EVERYONE enjoys getting a huge cock shoved up their anus? Anecdotal evidence would tell me "Yes."

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote] The overwhelming majority of police officers will not be shot in their careers. Statistically speaking, the chances are nil. Yet every single one of them I see is wearing a bullet-resistant vest. I can’t figure that one out.

I can figure that one out quite easily. While statistically chances are low that it will happen, when it does happen, the chances are 100%

Just like with COVID, if you get it, you have no idea how your body will react. You could be asymptomatic; you could die.

If you are unvaccinated, the chances are much higher that you'll be hospitalized.

Why get ANY vaccine of ANY sort with your reasoning?

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2021 4:15 PM

R7, it's amusing that you note "100% certainty" in your opening statement but then go on to ignore the percentages in your three facts. Of course your three facts are correct but are also completely misleading because you choose to leave out the percentages involved with each. Yes, vaccinated people can die from the virus, but you neglect to state that the current ratio is about 96 to 4 comparing unvaccinated to vaccinated, and that those vaccinated people who are dying are almost universally already immunocompromised. Item two is just like item one with slightly different percentages. Item three addresses "limited" efficacy but conveniently neglects to state that the "limitation" is as low as 5% depending on the vaccine and timing.

I suppose your misleading statements work with ignorant people on Facebook but they won't work here. We certainly all hope that you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2021 4:20 PM

The point is that people with active immunity are being mandated to get the shot. And yes, people are downplaying the fact that the vaccines have limited efficacy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote]The point is that people with active immunity are being mandated to get the shot.

To the degree that is a point at all, it is a small and unpersuasive point. Points don't all come in the same size and weight.

People are mandated to stop at red lights, they usually do, and accidents still happen on occasion. But many fewer accidents happen when everyone does as required when they approach traffic lights. And that is the bigger and more important point.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2021 4:38 PM

^They dangled the carrot of "herd immunity" in an effort to get people who were vaccine hesitant vaccinated. However, we're coming to learn that this was a lie.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2021 4:39 PM

No, R34. Not a lie.

But your entire post is a disingenuous over simplification.

You don't play this game well.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2021 4:40 PM

Again, R32, NO ONE is downplaying the "limited" efficacy. That is an out and out lie. Not one single doctor, vaccine maker, or news report has claimed 100% efficacy. Not. One. Stating that it is "limited" implies that it is, therefore, worthless when the truth is the opposite. Your ability to hold your breath is also limited but it sure comes in handy when you are underwater and I'm guessing you enjoy living within those limitations and wouldn't consider giving them up.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote] NO ONE is downplaying the "limited" efficacy. That is an out and out lie. Not one single doctor, vaccine maker, or news report has claimed 100% efficacy. Not. One.

As a matter of fact, herd immunity is still being used to get people vaccinated. They still have those huge banners on the news saying what percentage of people are vaccinated, omitting the fact that this figure will continually have to be revised. We're being led to believe that if 98% of the country gets vaccinated, then we'll be done with Covid. They are not being honest. Just because they might think they are doing it for the right reasons doesn't make any less misleading.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2021 4:46 PM

[quote]We're being led to believe that if 98% of the country gets vaccinated, then we'll be done with Covid.

Link, please, to just two or three of the experts saying covid will be done if we reach 98% immunity.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2021 4:48 PM

[quote] The point is that people with active immunity are being mandated to get the shot. And yes, people are downplaying the fact that the vaccines have limited efficacy.

How are you defining "active immunity"--which is not a medical term?

Vaccines work best when everyone gets one (herd immunity). Because vaccine aren't 100% efficacious on their own, when everyone in a community gets the vaccine, chances are even smaller that you'll get the disease.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote] As a matter of fact, herd immunity is still being used to get people vaccinated.

Even "herd immunity" never means 100% assurance you won't get the disease.

Chances of getting COVID are vastly decreased if you get the vaccine. It's even more decreased if everyone around has the vaccine.

Nothing is a guarantee you won't ever get COVID but these really help limit it alot.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2021 4:58 PM

Discussions like this make me wonder if:

- people who got Covid despite being shut-ins had daily immune system boosting supplements. I haven't read any posts of the "I took 10000IU of Vitamin D3 daily since before the arrival of SARS-CoV-2 and I am now fighting for my life in the ICU" variety.

- people know that a small (3.4%) percent of the severe Covid-19 sufferers have misguided antibodies that attack the immune system. I'd like to know how the wilfully unvaccinated "know" that they don't have these antibodies.

- people omit comorbidities like whether they are diabetic, or unhealthily overweight, or have risk factors like working 40 hours in places with many people in close proximity, or having to work several jobs or live with others

No need to mock those who research, unless they don't bother with MedLine or PubMed and don't share citations to reputable, peer-reviewed, research from teams of qualified medical science professionals.

I also wonder what the wilfully unvaccinated think 750,000 Americans died of since February 2020. From what I read at the HermanCainAward subReddit, some of those didn't think they'd ever get it, or if they did, their magic goatee and 0.66 waist-to-height ratio and God would make their immune systems invincible.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2021 4:59 PM

[quote] The point is that people with active immunity are being mandated to get the shot.

There's no way to tell who will get COVID severely or not. So, everyone should get the vaccine to optimize protection for themselves and their communities--just like why you should get other vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2021 4:59 PM

So, R37, now that you can no longer defend your efficacy argument, you're going to switch to herd immunity instead? Let's say that 98% of the country does get vaccinated. I know it is more than this, but for simpler math example's sake, let's say there are 300,000,000 people. Two percent of them not being vaccinated would mean that six million people would be unvaccinated. At a 50% vaccination rate, that means 150,000,000 people are unvaccinated. Do you think it is more or less likely that 6,000,000 people will interact with each other across the country or 150,000,000?

As R40 correctly points out, "herd immunity" isn't about 100% elimination of the disease, but it does starve out the virus getting to potential incubator hosts. It took decades to eliminate small pox with herd immunity.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2021 5:01 PM

Another fact is that many covid-19 survivors have long-lasting cardiovascular and pulmonary damage. There is no guarantee that they'd survive another bout of Covid-19, especially if their immune systems are depleted or insufficient.

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2021 5:02 PM

Prior infection + one shot affords the greatest protection of all so anyone with "active immunity" (and a lick of common sense) should be rushing for their shot. If not, perhaps they're suffering from the brain damage covid can induce?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote] At a 50% vaccination rate, that means 150,000,000 people are unvaccinated. Do you think it is more or less likely that 6,000,000 people will interact with each other across the country or 150,000,000?

It depends on when they got vaccinated and how many of those 150 million still have active antibodies from prior infection. I didn't concede anything regarding limited efficacy. The article in the OP makes the case that prior infection offers longer protection against the virus than even 2 doses of the vaccine. Comorbidities also play a major role. If you can't vaccinate the entire population, then you'll need to prioritize higher-risk individuals.

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2021 5:12 PM

[quote] As [R40] correctly points out, "herd immunity" isn't about 100% elimination of the disease, but it does starve out the virus getting to potential incubator hosts. It took decades to eliminate small pox with herd immunity.

The natural evolution of past viruses is that they become weaker but more contagious.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]How do you think you got it?

I'll bet it was that 50-load weekend.

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2021 5:34 PM

Seems like a small price to pay for sticking it to the libtards.

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2021 5:53 PM

I beg all the righties--Please, please, please DON'T get the COVID vaccine!

Stick it to the libs!

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2021 5:59 PM

When it comes to protecting oneself from Covid, other factors are important, although they are admittedly not as easy as getting a vaccine shot. Access to treatments (including experimental), individual immune response, and comorbidities. All of that has been swept under the rug in favor of pushing a vaccine whose efficacy lasts 6-12 months. Those who become reinfected with Covid are just as likely to become severely ill as those who are fully vaccinated and both populations are much better protected than those who carry no active antibodies. About 114 million people in the US have already been infected with Covid that we know of, and that is from April. So someone please explain to me how mandating vaccine mandates makes sense given where are now.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]So someone please explain to me how mandating vaccine mandates makes sense given where are now.

It's been explained to you dozens of times in dozens of threads already, so I'm going to go out on a limb and venture that this is not a good-faith inquiry.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2021 8:45 PM

This is propaganda people

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 9:19 PM

People who are vaccinated are not likely to get severely ill. I'm old, fat and have underlying conditions, With the vaccine, covid was a mild cold. Without it, I could be dead. I'm so happy I never listened to assholes pushing politics over science.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 9:30 PM

R54, there are many such assholes on this thread. Of course, if they're just trolls on here without any belief system one way or the other, then they should just die in a grease fire, DL style. However, if they're real anti-vaxxers, well...Darwinism at its most deserving. Especially to those too entitled and stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2021 9:34 PM

The walls are closing in on the “great unwashed” aka the unvaccinated. Unable to travel internationally and I bet soon domestic flights will require it. Not to mention going out to eat or events. So good luck living your life in a self created bubble because you want to stick it to the majority who are sick of your anti-Science bullshit. You’re holding us back right now but we’ll make sure you get sidelined or hopefully drop dead from something you can prevent.

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Gee R5, tell that to the more than 4.9 million people worldwide who have died because of COVID.

Oh wait, you can’t because they’re dead, you stupid, selfish prick.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2021 10:07 PM

I ran across an anti-masker the other day at work, not sure he was vaccinated or not. Chose to leave the business premises rather than put on a mask. That was one angry, sourpuss, old white dude. It's so easy to get the vaccine, I don't get the resistance. It just prolongs the pandemic and cause all sorts of havoc in work the workplace. An unvaxxed co-worker died at age 40, he left teenagers behind. There are staffing shortages from people out on quarantine and anti-vaxxers calling in sick or quitting in protest. Unless you have a legitimate health concern, if you're not vaxxed you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2021 11:22 PM

It depends on the state, r56. People in red states will never have to show vaccination cards for anything.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote] aka the unvaccinated Unable to travel internationally and I bet soon domestic flights will require it.

International airlines currently require a PCR certificate - that proves that you have taken a PCR COVID test within 72 hours before your flight, and that the result has come back negative - to board the plane. Vaccination certificates are not required.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2021 4:17 AM

Their insurance companies might eventually disagree with that, R59.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2021 4:32 AM

Lol. I never catch the flu and I doubt I’ll catch this either. More plandemic propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2021 4:36 AM

Americans really hate each other. Everyone wants everyone to die. It's fucking deranged. Every victim of Corona somehow deserves it for being:

Fat

Unmasked

Unvaxxed

Red State

Blue State

Vaxxed

Old

Soccer Fans

Concert Goers

Blue State People

Rural people

Urban people

Stupid youth

Diabetics

Americans

Humans (over-populated)

Religious People

Atheists

Gay people

Straight People

Drinkers

Boring People

Shut-ins

Unemployed

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2021 4:38 AM

Everyone has had Covid by now. If you believe otherwise you're a fool. The vast number of people were asymptomatic or got the sniffles. Most deaths were over 80.

1,000s of people have been going to events, amusement parks, etc. for months and they aren't dying in the gutters. In my company of 3,000 only 6 have died, and they were all overweight middle-aged men.

I think it's time to just move on. Get vaccinated or don't, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2021 4:45 AM

💉 Nobody Knows Nothin'Bout The Corona Vaccine

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2021 4:47 AM

Personally, I think it's time for the vaccinated to go back to normal lives. No social distancing and no masks unless they want to wear them. If people don't want to get vaccine, then fuck 'em. It's time to stop pretending like we're going to change any minds and go back to some form of normal.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2021 4:51 AM

R66 but then they don’t get to go around and act morally superior, and the government doesn’t get to control our lives, which is what this is really about. Did you really think it was about protecting people? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2021 4:56 AM

r66 When has shit been normal? I'm 49 years old, and since 9/11 (and really bad after the 2008 economic debacle), everything in the US has been fucked. Then Trump. Now Americans despise each other. What would "normal" even look like? We are about to get hit with 1977 level inflation, broken health care system, and we have an Amazon based, meme shitcoin based economy.

Life might be grand for some individuals (my life is fine), but I'm just curious what normal would mean for you? No masks or mandates? I have a feeling things are going to get much much worse before it doesn't get any better. The pendulum isn't going to swing, we aren't going through a cycle, or recession.

Americans are retarded, racist and reactionary. We have learned this the last 6 years. Normal means totally fucked.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2021 4:58 AM

No vaccine? No ventilator.

We've suffered enough from this stupid, selfish, irresponsible. If you don't want a vaccine, don't get one. But don't come looking for a ventilator when you get sick. We have better use for the resources.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2021 5:07 AM

Numbers are dropping again. They will probably pick back up around the holidays. Then they will drop again. It's time to treat this like flu season. We need to drop the mask mandates and social distancing and just let people decide for themselves. I'm vaccinated and boostered and now don't care about those who aren't. If they want to take the risk, that's on them.

We shouldn't have backtracked and it's showing up in polling and will definitely have a strong impact on the 2022 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2021 5:13 AM

Once the little kids are vaccinated, no one is going to give a rats ass about the adults who aren't vaxxed. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2021 5:19 AM

...except, of course, the insurance companies covering the unvaxxed. They'll care. Very, very much.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2021 5:27 AM

[quote] 1,000s of people have been going to events, amusement parks, etc. for months and they aren't dying in the gutters. In my company of 3,000 only 6 have died, and they were all overweight middle-aged men.

Not to mention the fact that even areas with lower vaccination rates where we saw a surge in cases have since recorded sharp declines. Not to mention the fact that for all the frothing at the mouth outrage regarding vaccine passports, progressive states like California don't even enforce them (why bother when you can't even enforce the law regarding theft and drug abuse). Yes, a lot of vaccine hesitant people were better off with the vaccine, but we have to take the current reality into account. The reality is many who are fully vaccinated, some of who are immunocompromised and even some who are not, have waning antibodies and that many of those who are unvaxxed are still protected. Imagine the shitstorm of political leaders tying themselves into knots to try to explain this while the topic gets hijacked by the fucking cult members on each side.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Yes, things are going swimmingly.

There were 18 states that reported an increase in COVID-19-related deaths for the week that ended last Sunday.

Oklahoma had the highest jump, with an increase of 511 percent to 1,613 deaths. Next was North Dakota, with a 221 percent hike to 45 deaths.

Alaska recorded a 78 percent increase with 25 deaths, while Wisconsin reported a 48 percent increase to 156 deaths.

Texas recorded the most COVID-19 deaths over the past 7 days with 1,380.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2021 12:17 PM

But R74 you listed places with low vax rates. Why are we supposed to care about these people any longer? Why didn't you give us a list of all the places where cases decreased? You're focusing on people who have told you that they don't care. Why should you?

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2021 12:21 PM

Because I don't think stupidity, ignorance and fear make people less worthy of living.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2021 12:27 PM

Just less likely.

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2021 12:28 PM

Then you're the problem R76. But you do you. Go with God.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2021 12:31 PM

The UK has a higher vaccination rate than the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote] Access to treatments (including experimental), individual immune response, and comorbidities. All of that has been swept under the rug in favor of pushing a vaccine whose efficacy lasts 6-12 months.

Um, do you think those treatments offer some sort of ever-lasting immunity?

We know that coronavirus infection itself doesn't guarantee lifelong immunity.

Prevention is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS better than disease

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2021 2:21 PM

India administers more than one billion Covid jabs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2021 2:24 PM

Vaccinations are better than being sick, or being in the hospital, or dead, or infecting others. But anyone halfway intelligent knows that. Typical that anti-vaxxers are arguing that because a shot doesnt guarantee you lifelong immunity that it's just as good or better not to get it at all. I knew there were stupid people in this country; it wasn't until Dump and COVID that I understood there were THIS many stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2021 2:27 PM

The main treatment for people who have long term effects of Covid is...the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote]it wasn't until Dump and COVID that I understood there were THIS many stupid people.

Honestly, that's the thing that has distressed me most over the last five very distressing years.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2021 2:40 PM

The stupid people were always there. And always awful.

But the internet, especially social media, has connected them and allowed them to consolidate some power. They used to be isolated with their preachers and their snakes. Their reach seldom extend beyond their county, and rarely beyond their state.

Now it's a rat fuck, everywhere you turn.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2021 3:43 PM

You and me both, R84.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 3:57 PM

Social media, without any legitimate restrictions put in place, has allowed the yahoos (both left and right) to run rampant and cause real harm. Until something is truly done to control the virulent hate speech and misinformation, it will continue to spread like COVID. It's actually worse than COVID and potentially more deadly.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2021 4:37 PM

We're not out of the woods yet. From where I stand (CA), it STILL looks like 50% for/59% against vaccinations. I,m reading where nurses, fireman, policeman still say no.

You talk about dystopian.

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2021 5:23 AM

Oops, please excuse typos.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2021 5:30 AM

The problem is not that Covid is spreading so quickly among the unvaccinated.

The problem is that it is not spreading quickly enough.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2021 1:20 PM

"If the number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units reaches 500, or 25% of the country’s total ICU capacity, entry into businesses such as restaurants and hotels will be limited to those who are vaccinated or recovered from the virus.

If the number reaches 600, or one-third of total ICU capacity, the government plans to impose restrictions on unvaccinated people. In this case, they would only be allowed to leave their homes for specific reasons."

This approach should be followed by every country on earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2021 1:41 PM

Assuming that this is genuinely a gay thread on a gay board, how many posters believe that HIV is not caused by the HIV?

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2021 1:46 PM

You're baiting with your statement for who knows whatever reason, and there's no need to assume.

This is obviously a gay forum if you've taken even a brief amount of your time to browse through the threads and thread titles over a short period. There's no such thing as a gay as opposed to a straight thread here, only whether or not it has a topic specifically related to the subject of gay.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2021 2:45 PM

R90 Well if you read the study linked in the OP, you'd know why it's not spreading as fast as you like.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2021 4:00 PM

R95 I don’t care do you?

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2021 4:09 PM

Get yer clot shots!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Gateway Pundit is crap.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2021 4:32 PM

OK, got J&J in April. Got the Moderna booster, and today 22 hours later I am feeling like I am fighting off the flu. Freaky chills, achy joints. No headache though. Stiff neck.

Popped up an hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2021 11:26 PM

R99, yes, about 24 hours after the booster, you will have these symptoms, by the next morning, they will be gone

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2021 12:31 AM

Amen r100

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2021 12:33 AM

Did they give you a half dose, r99? They are recommending a half dose of Moderna to lessen side effects, but they gave my mom a full dose as a booster.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2021 12:46 AM

R102, can I have your mom’s things?

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2021 12:55 AM

It is listed on my card as .25ml.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2021 12:55 AM

R2, I haven't gotten it. Not vaxxed.

Had the flu one time only in the 2nd grade almost 40 years ago. Can't remember the last time I had a cold. Been exposed numerous times to the flu since then and nada. Entire multiple rows at work empty due to flu outbreaks. Me still there not sick.

I know from previous bloodwork and comments Doctor's have made, I have a robust immune system. I fortify my immune system daily with certain supplements.

Not buying what they are selling. Some people probably are more susceptible for various reasons.

Do whatever you need to do.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2021 12:58 AM

That’s half, r104.

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2021 1:21 AM

Thanks r106

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2021 3:17 AM

Everyone, vaccinated or not, take your Vitamin D. People with a Vitamin D deficiency were more likely to get Covid, and have more severe problems.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2021 3:39 AM

This absurd notion that because one has never gotten sick from a virus one never will is as logical as saying because one has never had a car accident one never will.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2021 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!