Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Turkish NBA player intentionally wounds NBA’s China-related business

Enes Kanter called Xi Jinping a brutal dictator for China’s treatment of Tibet.

This will not go down well in China and the NBA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2021 1:59 PM

well he's not wrong

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 2:04 PM

Good for him but as a Turk I am surprised he called out Tibet and not Xinjiang?

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 2:06 PM

Muslims don't give a fuck what Muslims or anyone else does to other Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 2:08 PM

Datalounge’s people! Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]Muslims don't give a fuck what Muslims or anyone else does to other Muslims.

No true. Gay men care very deeply for Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 2:13 PM

“intentionally wounds,” OP?

Bit dramatic, eh?

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Yes, “intentional”. Enes Kanter is well aware of the furious backlash in China when a Houston Rockets exec tweeted intemperately about Hong Kong in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 2:42 PM

I wouldn't give a shit if I angered China

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 2:43 PM

R8 You certainly will when you're back under months of lockdown due to another novel virus.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 3:19 PM

I was stunned when I watched his lengthy, detailed statement, given the obligatory kowtowing to Beijing by the NBA. He literally called China's leader a brutal dictator.

Enes Kanter has balls of steel and is a pretty smart guy, so it's not like he just got swept up in some cause without knowing the possible consequences. He had to know that this was a potential career-ender. He's pretty much a journeyman with notoriously weak defensive skills, who seems to get traded just about every year, so it's not like he's not expendable. He's very popular with fans and teammates, and does a ton of volunteer work for the communities he plays in, but that won't be enough to save him if the NBA decides to sacrifice him to appease Beijing.

I'm curious to see if he is forced to apologize. I don't think he will, even if they try to force him, but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 3:38 PM

Xi's gotta have it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2021 4:43 PM

Bigots can hate both of them. They don’t have to choose.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2021 4:48 PM

notice how China was able to make this thread disappear.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2021 6:38 AM

Good for him.

FUCK CHINA TO HELL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2021 7:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2021 12:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2021 12:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2021 12:51 AM

Sad world when only a Turk will speak up about China.

Total known cases of Wuhan flu 245,469,077

Deaths 4,979,756

Financial cost trillions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2021 1:09 AM

This is like a whore calling a slut a herpes spreader. Fuck them both, but Fuck shithole China even harder!!!

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2021 1:15 AM

I find it interesting that no other players or athletes are standing alongside him. Probably very telling, too, about China's hold over the NBA (and other sports $$ they have invested in). The media aren't even forcing the players to comment either way like they normally would, i'm guessing the NBA have banned related questions (for other players).

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2021 12:07 PM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/26 **7**

The foreign born NBA player is being threatened by various other NBA players around the league, but specifically those on his team who say he is screwing over their chance at getting endorsement deals from companies based in a very large Asian country.

Enes Kanter ("Boston Celtics")/China

Hard to believe these woke heroes would put their profit over human rights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2021 12:25 PM

He of course, thinks killing lots of Armenians is just good sport.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2021 12:30 PM

R22 Huh? He said he educated himself on the topic, criticised the Turkish education system for being nationalist and inaccurate, and even set up a basketball for Armenian kids in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2021 12:50 PM

Enes is sexy, no girlfriend currently?

He's a giant. That dick will probably put someone in the hospital

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2021 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!