Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump to launch new social media platform "TRUTH Social"

Proving once again that Republicans are masters of naming things the opposite of what they are.

Also--let's be honest--this will likely flop in the first month just like his last pathetic attempt. How sad it must be for a 75 year old to so desperately crave the constant adoration of total strangers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2021 11:24 PM

And what do we hear from Dems? Crickets. Trump is dominating the news coverage again ahead of his 2024 victory. The Dems are in total disarray, due to lack of leadership and rogue senators.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Only seven minutes before the Trump Trolls (R1) show up. Impressive work!

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Trump is the epitome of False Advertising.

How about that, fellow Democrats, is that simple enough?

Can we run with that?

Can we coalesce in order to drive this one. concept. home?

Hammer this into the heads of every American?

DONALD TRUMP IS THE EPITOME OF FALSE ADVERTISING!

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 11:59 AM

Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 12:00 PM

WHET Parler and Gab? I thought those were Trump echo chambers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 12:09 PM

[bold] As many in the media have already pointed out, this is unlikely to ever get off the ground [/bold]

Rather, it is a way for a Very Broke Trump to get access to a NASDAQ listed company and raise money that way for what is essentially a sort of SPAC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 12:13 PM

^^Or as the New York Times so slyly put it in their subhead "A merger could give the former president access to nearly $300 million in cash — and perhaps a new platform."

"Perhaps" being the key word.

(See what they did there)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 12:17 PM

Was LIES Social already taken?

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 12:18 PM

More shade from the NYT article at R7

[quote] The details of Mr. Trump’s latest partnership were vague. The statement he issued was reminiscent of the kind of claims he made about his business dealings in New York as a real estate developer. It was replete with high-dollar amounts and superlatives that could not be verified.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 12:23 PM

R1- We hear a lot from Democrats just not on the MSM. Trump could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and the media would ask how Biden and Deblasio allowed it to happen.

Who loans 300m to someone who owes 1b?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 12:32 PM

R1, "ahead of his 2024 victory"? Did you keep a straight face typing this shit?

I am sure that his social media platform will be just as successful as Trump U and Trump Steaks.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 12:59 PM

[quote] I am sure that his social media platform will be just as successful as Trump U and Trump Steaks.

And his effort to fight the 2020 election results. BTW, what happened to all of that $$ that he raised for that?

His supporters are so fucking dumb.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2021 1:19 PM

What’s the over/under on the number of days until it’s collapse?

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2021 1:52 PM

I'm not sure it'll ever get started, let alone be up long enough to suffer a collapse.

The timing of the announcement just before the holidays makes me suspect he's hoping everyone will forget all about this in 90 days, because all he's looking for is a way to get cash.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Just for the record, R9, I thought that was very mean of them.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 2:43 PM

It already got hacked and somebody registered under Trump and Pence’s names. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2021 3:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2021 3:08 PM

If it costs anything, he won't be able to keep it online.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 3:51 PM

Not to worry r14. The advertising from Trump Steaks, Trump Vodka, and Trump Airline should keep it afloat forever.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2021 3:58 PM

^ And Success (LOL) Cologne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2021 4:00 PM

TRUTH Social may violate the terms of Mastodon, the open-source social media software it's built on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2021 4:21 PM

Can Donald Trump JUST DIE already?

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2021 4:27 PM

'TRUTH Social' sounds like a Baptist leaflet announcing a local get-together. But not nearly so appealing.

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2021 4:30 PM

I was about to ask if this is the one that got hacked before it even opened, but r16 was on it already! Hilarious. This thing will never see the light of day.

I'm also absolutely certain that the "History Tour" he's doing with O'Reilly starting in December will get quietly cancelled in the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2021 4:33 PM

Me me me, pay attention to ME ME ME

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2021 4:45 PM

We should have a betting pool re: will it still be in biz 30 days after they launch it?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2021 4:47 PM

I guess the delicate widdo snowfwakes need their safe spaces.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote]And Success (LOL) Cologne

"Jesus, what is that awful smell in here?"

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2021 6:14 PM

"an open, free, and honest global conversation " with Terms of Use stating "The site’s terms of use include a clause that says users can’t “disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.”

while appropriating an open-source software without attributing it, or offering the open source, and claiming that all code they use is proprietary (a violation of public license, Truth.social will be sued)

Not seeing 'truth' and 'openness' here but then I am not one to attempt to commoditize and commercialize a free, open-source platform

It's not like rabid mouthpieces don't abound in commoditized spaces and forums already. Also, at least 95% of instance admins and moderators will block the instance if it launches. The "free, open conversation" will again regress to troll fights and echo chambers.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2021 6:45 PM

Lots of Polly Poopy Pants in this thread. So what if it goes nowhere? At least for this moment this is more interesting than anything boring ol' Booden slurs or Cackler fakes out with her arms and kid actors.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2021 6:52 PM

If ever there was a golden opportunity to make a fortune by shorting stock, this is it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2021 6:52 PM

"free, honest, and open"

like official physical Presidential exam memoranda, amirite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2021 6:54 PM

I personally don’t want him to die just yet. I want a crash and burn, total humiliation for His Royal Orangeness. I’d even offer to blow Putin if he would just release the tinkle tape.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote]Lots of Polly Poopy Pants in this thread. So what if it goes nowhere? At least for this moment this is more interesting than anything boring ol' Booden slurs or Cackler fakes out with her arms and kid actors.

Trumpers are easily amused, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2021 7:31 PM

And don't I wish I had bought the stock. Up 400% in a day.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote]And don't I wish I had bought the stock. Up 400% in a day.

Two words: Short sell.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2021 7:42 PM

TRUTH social? Bitch, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]Trumpers are easily amused, apparently.

And very, very cheap and easy.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2021 8:12 PM

In EVERY picture of him, he looks like he REEKS.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2021 8:19 PM

The anniversary of his humiliating presidential LOSS is quickly approaching. He needs a distraction. The anniversary of the insurrection is also not too far off either.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]In EVERY picture of him, he looks like he REEKS.

He does, but he just keeps spraying on more Trump "Success" Cologne.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2021 8:34 PM

Thanks for the reminder, R40. Let's plan an elaborate, all-day DL celebration in honor of Laughingstock Loser Day.

In the meantime, wouldn't an October Surprise be nice? A favorable one, that is.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2021 8:42 PM

I’ll translate Republican language into human language. Truth Social=Antisocial Lies.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2021 8:57 PM

Trump = Shitting pig. Bueno !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2021 10:20 PM

"Analysis of Truth Social’s terms of service also revealed that users are barred from everything from using capital letters excessively to making fun of the website itself."

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2021 11:20 PM

It has already been hacked. 😁😊😜👌

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2021 11:32 PM

He's forgotten the most important thing about a Social Media Platform. ADVERTISING. Other than the Poor Boys and a hand full of Repugs, no company is going to be buying up millions in ad space on that shit platform. That's the whole point of those platforms.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2021 12:48 AM

No R47

The whole point of Trump's platform is to align with a NASDAQ listed company so he can raise money for the platform without ever having to actually launch it.

SEE ALSO: Raising money to run for president without having to actually declare your candidacy

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2021 12:53 AM

R44, the pics of him advertising this new platform are hilarious. When did tRump lose 100lbs, suddenly become 25 years younger, develop smooth wrinkle free skin, and grow out a full head of hair? He's Photoshopped within an inch of his life in these.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2021 1:04 AM

One of his principal backers has now bailed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2021 11:17 PM

Textbook stock "pump n' dump" scheme.

That said, the pig shitting on his own swollen nuts was absolutely the perfect metaphor for this entire mess.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2021 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!