Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tonight on NOVA: Edible Insects

I’m not going to eat them. You eat them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 5:34 PM

Let’s get Mikey to try it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 4:30 AM

Ive had bee larvae and a water bug of some kind. The former was quite good but have no desire to eat them again. Just my conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 8:41 AM

I'm willing to eat shrimp, lobsters, crabs, and crayfish. That's as close to eating insects as I'm willing to go.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 8:50 AM

I won’t eat sea bugs either.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 9:29 AM

I can’t believe you people are not interested in eating bugs.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 5:17 PM

I don’t even want to SEE bugs (in person or on television) when I am eating.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Watch closely for my cameo!

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 5:22 PM

The show says being disgusted by insects is learned behavior, not innate.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 5:23 PM

I've eaten roasted mealworms and crickets, and chocolate-covered ants. They're fine. I wouldn't eat a tarantula like Earth Goddess Angelina Jolie did for publicity, but there are some insects or bugs I'd eat if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!