Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OFFICIAL: Steve Bannon Found In Criminal Contempt

What does that mean? Is he going to jail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2021 9:56 AM

The GOP locked up Susan McDougal for YEARS because she would not lie and say she slept with Clinton. The GOP has an Insurrection in 2021 on the Capital and they are getting months in jail or probation...WTF?....We Democrats are the Wimps. And Wimps lose when the Government is stolen on November 5th, 2024...The GOP will literally stop the vote counts when Trump is ahead, and declare him the winner. And as Wimps we will be outraged and do nothing---just like the stolen Supreme Court seats...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2021 8:56 AM

This is one of the major things wrong with our political system. It takes too damn long to get things accomplished and involves too many people. Congress should have the power to ORDER the DOJ to charge someone, not sit back and hope they do when they recommend it. Congress needs to work harder and move faster. I hear The House doesn't even work on Monday & Friday. That's outlandish. These lazy fuckers should be on the job at least 5 days a week for at least 40 hours, just like most of their constituents.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2021 9:34 AM

You need to be held in civil contempt to be jailed. This shit is all shadow boxing. More crap to drag out until the midterms when the center of power will change and any chance for accountability will be zilch. Boo, democrats. Just boo.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2021 10:18 AM

Bannon knows this makes him MORE powerful with the Trump Cult...If you need a laugh and missed it--((Link))-Daily Show went to the Iowa Trump Rally and The Q Cult Stupidity was on full display.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2021 11:37 AM

[quote]This is one of the major things wrong with our political system. It takes too damn long to get things accomplished ... . I hear The House doesn't even work on Monday & Friday

The overwhelming influence of money in politics means that congresspeople need as much time off as possible to talk to donors, attend fundraisers, and otherwise guarantee that they don't get outspent. Money is speech, and time is money.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2021 11:43 AM

So what's next ya think?

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 2:22 AM

I'm sure the House and the Senate have over two months off for holiday break coming up soon, R6. No time to get something as unimportant like saving Democracy taken care of before they jet off to house #2 or #3. Perhaps they'll think about giving Stephen a slap on his liver-spotted, unwashed wrist after St. Patty's day. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 2:32 AM

Steve Bannon is a human scab. He's revolting.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 2:33 AM

A human scab?

Let's pick on it until it bleeds.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote] Congress should have the power to ORDER the DOJ to charge someone

Are you out of your ever fricking mind? Or just stupid.

This is just a vote to refer the matter to the US Attorney's Office in DC to decide whether to prosecute or not. Then there is a process similar to any other criminal matter and eventually a hearing - if the penalty is under 6 months then it is just a judge, no jury.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 3:17 AM

The only good thing about January 6th is that is showed smart people what the Trump Cult will be doing on Election Day in 2024 if their candidate loses. Some countries---like China or Russia or Korea---would throw EVERY insurrectionist into prison for the rest of their lives....The United States let some of the rioters go on vacations. Insanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 4:04 AM

The Human Scab, it has a nice ring to it!

Bannon does certainly LOOK like a festering oozing infected scab. I can smell him through he screen.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 10:04 PM

This puts Bannon back in the center of attention. Trump must hate him.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 10:05 PM

"The United States let some of the rioters go on vacations. Insanity."

Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 10:11 PM

R14, I'm sorry what is your issue here? They were on pretrial release and most people on pretrial release can go on vacations. They just have to let their Pretrial Services officer know where they will be. I assume they all had to surrender passports - if they had one LOL.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 10:29 PM

R15 actually what is YOUR issue if people follow the money? Do you or someone close to you have something to hide? Or were a part of the Jan 6 sedition attacks. Were you?

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2021 2:28 AM

R16, you aren't making any sense. You seem to be suggesting that somehow that a normal occurrence is some kind of conspiracy by the US Government.

Protestors were mostly released on some form of PR. That is normal for these offenses. They are not forbidden from taking "vacations". I understand how the system works. You seem to be implying money was involved in them being able to take vacations.

Perhaps explain yourself better.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2021 2:45 AM

R15. I realize you want leniency. Here, in the words of a judge:

"Federal judge Reggie Walton really leaned in while issuing his sentence, saying the risk is there not being enough deterrence coming from the January 6th cases," said MacFarlane. "Saying, 'anybody gullible enough to fall for the election lies that preceded the insurrection could be gullible enough to do it again.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2021 4:17 AM

Any news on this? It's November 2nd and I haven't heard anything from AG Garland. Seems like a no brainer to me.

by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2021 9:00 PM

R18, you aren't explaining why you think normal release conditions for defendants facing certain offenses is somehow being influenced or governed by some conspiracy you seem to suggest involved bribery or money. This is just how pre-trial release works. This is normal. This is by the book.

You citing Walton is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing.

Want to try again to explain your point?

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] They are not forbidden from taking "vacations". I understand how the system works.

Yet not basic punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2021 10:01 PM

LOL! Typical asshole reply at R21. No substance just silliness.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2021 10:08 PM

I’m not the guy you’re arguing with, r22 and, in fact, am on your side of it.

As you said, pure silliness was all it was.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2021 11:27 PM

The DOJ’s response seems as if nothing is going to happen to Bannon. What is there to get right? He ignored a subpoena, therefore he’s in contempt.

Garland needs to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2021 8:52 AM

It means nothing and he's not going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2021 9:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!