Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The TRANS declare war on Margaret Atwood

They want so much to erase women!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2021 10:23 PM

Well, the only hope is that the TRANS will take their crazy far enough that they'll end up erasing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 5:14 PM

Why weren’t there any trans handmaids? Why!

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 5:15 PM

You in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 5:17 PM

I'll take Margaret Atwood and JK Rowling over the overheated, juvenile crew of trans women any day--and I'm far from a transphobe (yes, I know, by virtue of suggesting that writers like Atwood, who have committed their lives and careers to feminism, might have some useful things to say about terms like "woman" makes me automatically and irretrievably a transphobe, because any discussion of nuances and language is irrelevant to feelings and the authenticity of "claiming" an identity. Can't win this one.)

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 5:25 PM

It looks like the article you are trying to stir shit up with is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2021 5:29 PM

The Twitterati descend upon Margaret:

You can absolutely say woman, it's very appropriate in a huge variety of situations but when it's about things that not only women have - like periods or wombs - there are more inclusive and kind terms that embrace a wider breadth of human experience.

I personally have two close male friends who are able to become pregnant and have to take steps to prevent it, and even more online in the same situation. So use whatever word you want but don't try to erase my friends and family. There are men who face these healthcare issues.

Heartbreaking to see someone with a vast imagination & stellar language skills failing to use both. I guess it’s easy to dismiss the “tiny portion”* of affected people when you don’t care about them

oh you’re adding TERF to your litany of antifeminist positions? what a breakthrough for you

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2021 5:54 PM

She said something stupid, that "you can't say the word 'woman' anymore."

Completely untrue. News, medical journals, government documentation, everything out there still uses the word "woman." It's just a stupid thing to say, even in terms of hyperbole for the sake of getting attention, but the article she praised wasn't being hyperbolic.

She's getting criticized for it. She's a grown-up with her big girl panties on, she can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2021 5:57 PM

Tranny fucker loon ^

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote] I personally have two close male friends who are able to become pregnant

Wrong. So-called trans "men" may or may not be men (depending on whether or not you buy into the ideology) but they are not "MALE".

The word "male" refers specifically to biology. Sex, not gender.

Definition: of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

A male, by definition, cannot become pregnant.

So, the question is, was this statement just a thoughtless misstep, or is it an attempt to erase the concept of biological sex entirely?

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2021 6:09 PM

I love it. People are getting fed up with the trans psychos, and the louder and more aggressive the trans get, the more reasonable people will re-evaluate the bullshit propaganda we've all been fed.

I'm a gay man, and I admire the hell out of all these women who push back against the lunacy, often at emotional cost (what with the harassment and name-calling they inevitably have to endure for speaking the truth).

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2021 6:12 PM

R7 it's a semantical and disengenuous argument to claim "why SURE you can say the word woman! Look, you just used it!"

It's not an argument made in good-faith, in other words. And while that is the headline, that is not the entirety or the nuance of her remarks, which I assume you haven't read.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Pink News must be very confused right now when she's previously been a trans champion

July 2020: Margaret Atwood schools transphobes on the ‘flowing bell curve’ of gender using slug sex, gay penguins and transgender fish

October 2020: Stephen King, Margaret Atwood and more than 1,000 literary heroes ‘put their names on the line’ for trans and non-binary people

November 2020: Literary giant Margaret Atwood artfully shuts down transphobes in the simplest of terms

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 8:45 PM

This is the letter Atwood signed, Try reading it without hearing Viola Davis speaking to the kid in The Help.

[quote]As members of the writing and publishing community of the United States and Canada, we stand firmly in support of trans and non-binary people and their rights.

[quote]We are writers, editors, journalists, agents, and professionals in multiple forms of publishing. We believe in the power of words. We want to do our part to help shape the curve of history toward justice and fairness.

[quote]To that end, we say: non-binary people are non-binary, trans women are women, trans men are men, trans rights are human rights.

[quote]Your pronouns matter.

[quote]You matter.

[quote]You are loved.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote]I personally have two close male friends who are able to become pregnant and have to take steps to prevent it.

No you don't, you nutter. You have two very close FEMALE friends who are mentally ill with sad delusions that they are men.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 9:02 PM

The Toronto Trans Collective have issued a statement.

[quote]The Toronto Trans Collective are shocked and disgusted by Margaret Atwood's twitter activities which have been deeply distressing to many trans people in Toronto, notably the Toronto Trans Collective's finance officer Keith (she/them) who had to leave work early for an emergency psychiatric appointment after she accidentally lost her temper and threw a fire extinguisher through a glass wall at her accountancy firm because she believed a man looking at his phone and laughing was laughing at them (Keith) but was in fact watching an episode of South Park. The Toronto Trans Collective calls in Justin Trudeau to ban Margaret Atwood's books and to banish her to the UK, known as TERF Island where she can spread her hateful poison there. Margaret Atwood has committed literal violence against trans people and the Toronto Trans Collective will fight back once Keith is out of the hospital and she can give us the bank account details.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 9:07 PM

This is the article Atwood shared. It's nothing bodies with vaginas haven't been saying for the last few years but it's said here with clarity and brevity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2021 9:17 PM

Lynda Carter declared war on Margaret Atwood. I thought Lynda Carter was smarter than this. Make it make sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]This is the letter Atwood signed, Try reading it without hearing Viola Davis speaking to the kid in The Help.

Oh my god, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2021 2:53 AM

Ugh. I am so sick of this bullshit. You can bet your ass that thanks to this absolute lunacy, a MASSIVE cultural backlash is coming soon and unfortunately regular LGBs are going to get swept away in it because the powers that be in the LGBTXYZ community have decided that the fringe of the fringe in the trans movement represents all of us. Most Americans aren’t going to put up with this much longer and the repercussions are not going to be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2021 4:33 AM

Transloons ever shifting lies: "Sex and gender are two different things" -> Referring to creatures with XX chromosomes and vagina as "Males"

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2021 4:43 AM

"Chest milk"?

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote]Lynda Carter declared war on Margaret Atwood. I thought Lynda Carter was smarter than this. Make it make sense.

Lynda Carter, or Lynda Carter's publicists, know that her commercial interests fare better if she aligns herself with a very online group of activists, a lot of whom like to have cartoon avatars on their Twitter accounts and go to Comic Con events where they pay to have their photo taken with Lynda.

Whether she agrees that male rapists should be housed in women's prisons based on self ID is one thing, protecting her financial interests is another.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2021 7:17 AM

This would be hilarious if I hadn't read 1984, and Atwood's Handmaid's Tale.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2021 7:22 AM

Why are gays defending women?

When in history straight women have collectively supported gay rights publicly when it wasn’t fashionable? Don’t we have enough on our plate? I wish gay issues were the same than straight women’s ones. Let them have her own battles, I assure you they wouldn’t fight for us.

And personally, not that it matters, but I don’t get the trans hate but also not losing sleep over it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2021 7:35 AM

R24 Do you have a mother, grandmother, aunt, daughter, niece, or sister?

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Because they are not only trying to erase women, R24. They are trying to erase gays as well by encouraging little boys and young men, who exhibit stereotypically feminine behaviors and preferences, that they are not gay, but are, in fact, female.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2021 11:01 AM

R24, because being gay doesn’t have to make us misogynistic. A woman’s identity, as a woman, matters. And Orwellian rewriting of language and redefinition of words in ways which are harmful to a woman’s sense of who she is, also matter.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2021 11:18 AM

Being a trans man is predicated on the belief that one feels one is a man trapped in a woman’s body. In other words, their thought processes, desires, what motivates and attracts them drives them to believe that they are actually men.

I don’t know about the rest of you but neither I nor any other biological male, gay or straight, has ever had the desire to become pregnant or menstruate.

So, if you’re a trans man and still have an affinity for those things, guess what? YOU’RE ACTUALLY IDENTIFYING AS A WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2021 12:03 PM

R24 Because we all don't need to line up to be cunts like you.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2021 12:09 PM

No, we could be cunts like you, Saliva, and then things would be really, really awful.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2021 12:15 PM

She deserves it. She defends the article by saying the author “is not a TERF”; did it ever occur to her that maybe all the women called TERFs also were not Terfs? She jumped on the band wagon without understanding it fully and now the band wagon is running over her.

Once it moves on however, the women she worked so hard to demonize will be standing there, with outstretched hand, to comfort her and welcome her back to the fold.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2021 12:18 PM

Nice FAKE NEWS, Boris. One person writes a thoughtpiece, titles it something ridiculous (and untrue), an author reblogs it, and suddenly there's WAR. Nobody is getting canceled.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2021 12:19 PM

It will be interesting though if the trans over reaction movement goes whole hog on Margaret Atwood, who I find personally annoying as fuck but apparently passes for a national icon. Because if it/they do, Margaret Atwood will write a piece about the whole experience, which we know can get pretty ugly, and it will land in a really prominent publication because of who she is and then finally a considerable number of thinking people will go WTF? and the excess will be under real scrutiny for once.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2021 12:22 PM

R25 Yes, and any of them feel threatened by trans people. Why are all of you acting as representatives of womanhood or true femininity? When were you elected? The truth is that most women aren’t concerned or feel persecuted by trans movement.

R27 If the fact that some people want to redefine their identities affects your own identity as a woman, let me tell you, your identity as a woman is pretty weak. You should work on that instead of telling other people what to feel or do.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about all this soap opera drama. Gays have bigger fish to fry, where are you women when we are beaten or facing all kind of discriminations everyday? From the start gay people only have had themselves to stand for their own rights, why would I be concerned about more privileged individuals (straight men and women, in that order) when I know for fact they are not going to return the favor?

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2021 12:24 PM

The thing that really annoys me is there must be about six men with vaginas expressing chest milk.

You just can't be everything to everybody.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2021 12:26 PM

R34 Women have been some of the biggest allys gay men have ever had. Do you think we would have gay marriage if women did not support it?

Not to mention that lesbians exist.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2021 12:29 PM

[quote]all these women who push back against the lunacy, often at emotional cost (what with the harassment and name-calling they inevitably have to endure for speaking the truth).

More than emotional cost. They lose jobs, reputations are destroyed, they're driven off platforms. They get threatened with rape (!) and violence, and sometimes more than just threatened.

[quote]So, if you’re a trans man and still have an affinity for those things, guess what? YOU’RE ACTUALLY IDENTIFYING AS A WOMAN.

I still don't understand how transmen who get triggered by something as absurd as deadnaming can somehow bring themselves to achieve that most female of all experiences, a pregnancy, Sorry, but that alone tells me these folx are full of shit. If all these other reminders of being biologically female are so soul-destroying, how can they stand being pregnant and giving birth?

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2021 12:40 PM

R36 Well, maybe it’s just me, but I think that the importance of being as equals to the law as straight people when it comes to marriage or other kind of rights is not comparable to a reality where a very minor group of people are redefining their identities and as consequence, inexplicably, an also very small percentage of women and gays feeling threatened by it. Call me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2021 12:42 PM

R37 “ If all these other reminders of being biologically female are so soul-destroying”

Who is saying this kind of barbarities? Really, please, illuminate me, because I have never heard any of that, ever.

All of you just sound like those parents who believe that if a gay character shows up in cartoons their kids will become inevitably gay, scared by something they don’t make the slight effort to understand. And believe me, I’m not trans or trans fucker or whatever you say, but to me most of your arguments come out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]When in history straight women have collectively supported gay rights publicly when it wasn’t fashionable?

I don't know what you mean by "collectively", R24, but during the AIDS crisis there were plenty of women extending themselves to care for guys who had been abandoned by their own mothers, when they still didn't know they wouldn't catch the terrifying illness themselves, and plenty of women supporting the grieving partners who lost them and weren't even invited to the funeral. Most of the nurses who cared for the dying were women. If that's not good enough to induce you to speak in support of women on an anonymous online forum (how brave!), fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2021 12:51 PM

Let it boil. But when a piping hot pot of this trans nonsense gets served to the 6-3 majority on the US Supreme Court, it's going to get smacked down hard. Amy Looney Barrett, Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas? Coming down for trans rights? I think not. Nor will Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Roberts.

The trans folk are going to get slammed with a face full of "States Rights" nonsense from the Supremes.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2021 12:53 PM

The Far Left has gone full-on batshit insane with both the transanity and the BLM bullshit (Black lives DO matter, but the coalition itself is shady).

I've always been a liberal but I'm not sure WTF I am now. I still find the Republicans sickening so I guess I'm officially without a political party.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2021 12:57 PM

The Trans are exhausting, keep them in circus freak shows where they belong!

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 12:58 PM

I never say "woman" any longer.

I say, "People of pussy or wannabe pussy or imaginary pussy."

Because I want to be inclusive.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2021 12:58 PM

R40 It’s obvious what I mean by collectively. Fuck me? Great way to expose your opinion and respect others. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 1:00 PM

R40 / R24, your statement is poorly written. So no, whatever your meaning, it's not obvious. You owe R40 an apology.

Nor does it seem to be well reasoned. "When in history straight women have collectively supported gay rights publicly when it wasn’t fashionable?" That's a poorly constructed mish mash of so many criteria and conditions that it is rendered pointless.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 1:06 PM

Ugh. Why can't we edit on this damned site?

That was directed at R45, not R40.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2021 1:08 PM

My handmaiden name is "OfBruceCaitlyn."

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2021 1:17 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2021 1:24 PM

Where are all these trans murders I’ve been hearing about?

Are they extinct yet?

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2021 1:37 PM

Atwood is getting a taste of her own medicine. IIRC, she joined in with the pile-on on JKR. I don't think she really researched what she was supporting, and now it's backfired on her. No sympathy here.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2021 1:44 PM

R34, I have no objection to people wanting “to redefine their identities”. That’s none of my business at all. I do, however, object to people trying to redefine words for the rest of us, so that they lose the definitions which are valued by 99.99% of the population.

Oh, and I don’t see how you can have read my comment at r27 and concluded that I am a cervix-haver. I’m a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2021 1:48 PM

R12 yes and this is why my supply of pity is limited in her case.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2021 1:52 PM

Atwood can weather the storm she brought upon herself. She’ll learn that whatever you do to appease these loons, it’s never enough.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote]Atwood is getting a taste of her own medicine. IIRC, she joined in with the pile-on on JKR. I don't think she really researched what she was supporting, and now it's backfired on her. No sympathy here.

I agree with this, sadly.

And they'll come for Stephen King at some point who had to say about JK Rowling.

[quote]Jo canceled me. She sorta blocked me and all that. Here’s the thing: She is welcome to her opinion. That’s the way that the world works. If she thinks that trans women are dangerous, or that trans women are somehow not women, or whatever problem she has with it—the idea that someone “masquerading” as a woman is going to assault a “real” woman in the toilet—if she believes all those things, she has a right to her opinion. And then someone tweeted at me, “Do you think trans women are women?” and I said, “Yes, I do.” And that’s what she got angry about—my opinion. It’s like the old saying, “I don’t agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” So, nobody has “canceled” J.K. Rowling. She’s doing fine. I just felt that her belief was, in my opinion, wrong. We have differing opinions, but that’s life.

[quote]But keep in mind too that Jo’s opinion on trans women is an outlier in her entire political spectrum. She was very much anti-Brexit and very much anti-Trump. She’s on the side of the angels in most respects, but she does have this one thing that she’s very vehement about. No doubt.

King will offer an opinion on something that TRAs don't like, but it won't be nearly as vicious as their response to Atwood or Rowling because he is of course male.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2021 2:13 PM

R52 I never assumed you were a woman.

“Object to people trying to redefine words for the rest of us, so that they lose the definitions which are valued by 99.99% of the population”

Change the word “word” by sexual preference, racism or sexism and realize you are using the same kind of arguments that Trumps supporters. What does it say about you?

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2021 2:17 PM

Who's the tranny loving shit stirrer on here who's trying to divide gay men from women? Ain't gonna work, pal. And it doesn't matter if the trans brigade was or was not trying to convert little gay boys and baby dykes into trannies, it's more than enough that women are being erased for said women to deserve our support. Women (especially gay women) have been there for the gay community a countless number of times. How many times have the trannies been there for us? Zero point zero. The only time they show up is when they want to siphon off our resources. Fuck them. I stand by women.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2021 2:17 PM

R55 and they say radical feminists that oppose trans activists don't hate men. All I hear on this forum are ways to make men at fault for this trans shit. Your colors are very much showing.

by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2021 2:28 PM

R24 You sound like a dick.

by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2021 2:29 PM

R56 is so obviously a woman.

by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote]I thought Lynda Carter was smarter than this.

… why? Because she wears Tom-And-Lorenzo approved evening gowns to American Ballet Theatre galas?

by Anonymousreply 61October 20, 2021 2:35 PM

I answered back to Lynda- Yes, I wonder why they think they're women- and I got spanked for it and put in twitter jail.

by Anonymousreply 62October 20, 2021 3:01 PM

It blows my mind how dismissive men like Stephen King are about the supposedly ludicrous notion that predators will use self-ID to attack women in the spaces that were previously closed to them. Like, have they ever known any women? It seems like nearly all women have been assaulted (to some extent) at some point in their lives. What planet are these guys living on that they think this is an outlandish fear for women to have?

by Anonymousreply 63October 20, 2021 3:30 PM

If your 'male' friends can get pregnant I'll let you in on a little secret. They're not men.

by Anonymousreply 64October 20, 2021 3:33 PM

Why would a person who claims to identify as a man want to get pregnant? Insanity

by Anonymousreply 65October 20, 2021 3:47 PM

"When in history straight women have collectively supported gay rights publicly when it wasn’t fashionable?"

I suggest you look at some polls from 2010-2015. If you don't think their very vocal support for gay marriage made a big difference, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66October 20, 2021 3:52 PM

In my experience, women have been allies. Even when I was in high-school, the girls were always very supportive. To be fair, I didn't experience a lot of bullying or homophobia, but my female friends when I was young were incredible.

by Anonymousreply 67October 20, 2021 4:30 PM

R63 and this the the guy who wrote The Shining and Dolores Claiborne.

by Anonymousreply 68October 20, 2021 5:22 PM

R56, in response to my earlier comment, you wrote “If the fact that some people want to redefine their identities affects your own identity as a woman, let me tell you, your identity as a woman is pretty weak. You should work on that instead of telling other people what to feel or do.”. That’s why I said you were acting on the false assumption that I was a woman. I’m baffled as to how your comment is to be understood otherwise.

To your other point, no, I don’t believe objecting to redefinition of language is akin to being homophobic. I believe trans people have a right to live equally under the law, as they wish. However, I don’t think they have a right to erase the meaning of the word woman as it is understood by the vast majority of women.

by Anonymousreply 69October 20, 2021 5:37 PM

R63 yes. It's depressing. I'm conflicted because I love his books, the dark tower and all. I hope he'll somehow see his take on this is asine yet, hopefully in a not too far future.

by Anonymousreply 70October 20, 2021 5:56 PM

R69 I honestly don’t think they want redefine womanhood. They want to be accepted as women (or men), who are we to antagonize that feeling? We don’t know what is to be a transgender person, if they want to feel equals to the peers of the gender they identify, how on earth would I feel entitled to question that? It doesn’t affect anyone but themselves and it doesn’t make me question my identity. Let people feel what they want.

If a person is happy, specially when I don’t have to do anything to maintain that happiness, why would I do anything that make them feel bad? And specially when I know nothing about how is to feel what they feel.

That’s my point. We, as gays, should try to be more open-minded about things that we don’t understand because are not our thing, otherwise we are acting like homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 71October 20, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]I honestly don’t think they want redefine womanhood.

Aside from the fact that they insist womanhood should encompass penises, prostate exams and male pattern baldness.

by Anonymousreply 72October 20, 2021 6:02 PM

R72, it's not like the phrase 'handsome woman' is anything new.

by Anonymousreply 73October 20, 2021 6:28 PM

R71, in any society, our personal freedom is in many ways constrained when it damages the collective freedoms which have developed in society. I support personal freedom which is why I would always respect a trans persons right to express their identity as they see fit. But no-one has the right to expect women to accept that the terms “female”, “feminine” and “woman” are being widened to an extent that makes sex-based rights almost meaningless.

Some women may be happy to share their identity with men who feel that they have a female identity, and I can even accept that as a kind and ethical response to another human being, but the fact is that other women are being bullied and abused for objecting to the fact that their own understanding of what it means to be a woman, and that cannot be right.

by Anonymousreply 74October 20, 2021 6:42 PM

Who is Margaret Atwood? Is she on one of the Real Housewives series?

by Anonymousreply 75October 20, 2021 7:51 PM

You really don't think that they want to redefine womanhood? Making up multiple pronouns, insisting they are women when they are biologically men. Calling men who are not delusional cis, demanding to be allowed into women's spaces.

Honestly how do they know they're women. What does it feel like to be a woman with male anatomy? Why is it most only they only want to change the externals? Then they are transvestites.

by Anonymousreply 76October 20, 2021 8:09 PM

The funny part is that in the replies they are saying Atwood appropriated black slavery for Handmaid’s Tale. Worms for brains.

by Anonymousreply 77October 20, 2021 8:32 PM

No sympathy - she threw JKR under the bus for exactly the same sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 78October 20, 2021 9:45 PM

R71, get a better grasp of English, then you may post here.

by Anonymousreply 79October 21, 2021 12:59 AM

Serious question for the trannies. How do you know you "feel like a woman" when you have never been one and don't know what it feels like?

by Anonymousreply 80October 21, 2021 1:00 AM

Margaret, you in danger girl!!

by Anonymousreply 81October 21, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote]I honestly don’t think they want redefine womanhood.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

by Anonymousreply 82October 21, 2021 5:41 AM

Datalounge has always been a hotbed of misogyny, so I can't take these protestations to the contrary very seriously. Sorry.

I guess it's a case of the enemy of my enemy?

Either way, I used to consider myself far left, but I have been outlefted by the far far left. They've become parodies of themselves. Can we get back to issues of social class once again, which should be the bread and butter of the Democratic Party?

by Anonymousreply 83October 21, 2021 6:53 AM

R71 What is this “we don’t understand” shit. No, we DO understand all about trans ideology which is why we are against it. It is only the people like you, who claim “all these nice little gay boys want to do is wear dresses and be called she, why can’t you do it” who do not understand. Maybe in the 1990s that attitude would work. Not now. Not after we have children getting surgery and pills because they do not conform to gender stereotypes. Not now, when people with dicks are being placed in womens prisons and rape centers. Not now, when gay men are called transphobic because we don’t want to sleep with people with vaginas. And not now, when the word women is being scrapped all together.

Why can’t the trans just play nice? Why does everyone else need to change? If trans people want to be trans, have their own bathrooms and sports and words and organizations then let them do it. But they don’t get to take what belongs to others.

by Anonymousreply 84October 21, 2021 1:14 PM

Oh. I wondered what the hell Palestinian beached whale, Random Jarrar was going on about...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 21, 2021 10:23 PM

How is it different from cultural appropriation for a man to dress as a woman and call himself a woman just because he wears makeup and high heels? That's the definition of cultural appropriation. The woke complain about cultural appropriation constantly in the most threadbare cases like someone wearing the wrong hairstyle or fabric pattern, and yet the trans movement is the embodiment of cultural appropriation at its peak.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Jesus, R85. Two likes in three days. And even in the very misogynistic world of Twitter, where bearded straight men mansplain and correct women for sport, no one is coming near her with a ten-foot pole. They know better than to poke that bear.

It boggles my mind that people who are that publicly crude and vicious are employed by ANYONE, much less an institution of higher learning. This movement is being led by the most mentally unhealthy and immature people in our society. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2021 3:27 AM

R87, that is such a good observation. She says more and more crude, cruel and vicious things all the time and yet no one really engages with her. For all her complaining about what happened after she commented on Barbara Bush, I get the feeling that she actually [italic]loved[/italic] being the centre of attention there (she even tried to retweet it a few months back, and no one engaged. That must enrage her).

She has tenure, so I suppose that's why she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2021 3:39 AM

Wow, for a blue check account, Jarrar gets almost no engagement on anything.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2021 12:39 PM

So Madge has shared an article written by a trans woman who complains about the toxicity of the debate.

A selection of the responses

[quote]Trans women (specifically Black trans women) are getting murdered at wildly disproportionate rates. But let's have a chat about how the response is too loud. Sure.

[quote]This is the same thing people said about Indian independence in the 40s, race equality in the 60s, women’s rights in the 70s, gay rights in the 80s, protests against police brutality in the NOW. They were all wrong, but you think somehow in this specific instance it’s different?

[quote]omg a kapo feels excluded ????? gasp! truly, margaret, You think I'm not a goddess? Try me. This is a torch song. Touch me and you'll burn.”

[quote]margaret shatwood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Margaret is getting ratio-ed because the feminists she once scolded as "TERFs" and "bigots" will now not come to her defense. Apparently, now that a transwomen is saying the very same thing radfems have been saying for years, it's worth tweeting. Oh, Margaret...

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2021 5:09 PM

Holy shit, I thought there was at least some exagerration and the outrage was reserved to MA was from a handful of transctivists but looking at her twitter replies....jfc, It's nearly all of them. Some nutcase going on about how she/they whatever is throwing her books in the fire because she "cannot cope with MA in her life in any capacity anymore".....honest question, what did their parents do wrong? Where did they mess up. And once we learn what it was CAN WE NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2021 8:12 PM

Now these pieces of shit dare to compare themselves to the Gay Aids activists of the 80's and 90's like Act Up who were literally fighting to not die.....yeah, I am sure trying to get your friends to stop dying all around you is the same was forcing people to use the pronouns of your chosing.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote]Trans women (specifically Black trans women) are getting murdered at wildly disproportionate rates.

Does data back this up or is it an exaggeration?

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]Now these pieces of shit dare to compare themselves to the Gay Aids activists of the 80's and 90's like Act Up who were literally fighting to not die.....yeah, I am sure trying to get your friends to stop dying all around you is the same was forcing people to use the pronouns of your chosing.

But there's LITERALLY a HOLOCAUST of TRANS PEOPLE literally DYING that was nothing like what the Jews had coming to them in the 40s or the Gays had coming to them in the 80s.

TRANS PEOPLE ARE BEING HOLOCAUSTED CONSTANTLY BY LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2021 9:31 PM

From the comments on Twitter, I don't think the majority of people there actually realise that Atwood didn't write that article, let alone that it was written by a transgendered person themselves.

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]I answered back to Lynda- Yes, I wonder why they think they're women- and I got spanked for it and put in twitter jail.

That's the one thing you can't do on Twitter. I've seen all kinds of terrible racist comments and violent threats stay up for days, but if you point out that the emperor has no clothes (and a dick!), your ass is gone.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2021 3:11 AM

A compilation of some of the retweets Atwood's been getting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2021 3:13 AM

[quote] How is it different from cultural appropriation for a man to dress as a woman and call himself a woman just because he wears makeup and high heels? That's the definition of cultural appropriation. The woke complain about cultural appropriation constantly

r86 How? The woke just repeatedly scream en masse: "Transgenderism is legit/valid; Transracialism is not! Transphobes! Racists! One's identity (trans+ crap) is not up for debate! Born that way! Race/ethnicity/culture is different! No need to explain! Do not interact, do not engage with bigots! Transphobes! Racists!"

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]Trans women (specifically Black trans women) are getting murdered at wildly disproportionate rates.

When are we going to have an honest discussion about the fact that the transwoman murder rates are due to either being involved in prostitution or attempting to 'pass' with straight/sexuality-conflicted guys who react with rage? They seem almost proud of those murder rates because it affirms their victimhood complex. Ffs.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2021 6:21 AM

[quote]A compilation of some of the retweets Atwood's been getting.

'Trans rights or you get the Glock'. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2021 6:24 AM

What do the TRANS even really want? What's the end game? Even if they all got to use women's restrooms and go to women's prisons---and many already do--then what? That's not the end game. That won't satisfy them. They've already gotten to have new names, new pronouns, new bathrooms, to redefine the word woman, to make people use the word cis, but they're still not satisfied. Why not? What do they really want and what's the end game? What does the world look like when they get what they claim to want? I'm starting to think the problem is they can never get what they want because the whole thing they're after isn't real, and that's why they keep attacking others.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2021 11:01 AM

Atwood has tried to defuse the situation and recommended other articles, including Shon (Sean) Faye's The Transgender Issue, which calls for the abolition of prisons.

That's the same Sean Faye who wrote articles for The Guardian about men wearing make up. "This article was amended on 21 March 2019 to remove some personal information" means the photos of Sean looking like an ugly runt with glitter in his beard was removed and replaced by a photo of Eddie Izzard. who is also now a trans woman and very much NOT a "man in make up".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] But no-one has the right to expect women to accept that the terms “female”, “feminine” and “woman” are being widened to an extent that makes sex-based rights almost meaningless.

Eliminating sex-based rights in favour of gender-based rights is their goal.

Apart from in dangerously misogynistic societies like India, for instance. Now there, Amnesty International very much want to keep penises out of the ladies room.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2021 2:54 PM

"The cumulative effect is..." --wait for it-- "...EXHAUSTING!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2021 3:06 PM

That article was exhausting. Once we got to European traditions in misgendering I feel asleep and woke up at the end, still unable to pee.

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2021 4:33 PM

I believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity and no one should suffer from bigotry. Having been quite sympathetic at the beginning, I know find myself getting frustrated with all of their demands. Society has been bending over backwards to make them feel included and it's never enough. They always want more. Well, enough is enough.

No group should demand that the English language accommodate the rules to suit their "feelings" or gender at the moment. I'm not going to change HE or SHE to THEY. It doesn't make sense. THEY is plural, not singular. If you like the opposite sex, you're HETEROSEXUAL. If you like the same sex, you're GAY OR LESBIAN. If you like both men and women, then you're BISEXUAL. You may lean more to female than to male on the spectrum and that's fine. The human race has gone mad with all of these bloody new terms that I've lost track and really don't care anymore.

I'm also not going to change PREGNANT WOMAN to PREGNANT PERSON. Again, they've lost me on this one. FEMALES have babies, not PEOPLE. When did the word "WOMAN" become a bad word?

The Trans have backed themselves into a corner and the backlash is coming.

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2021 4:47 PM

^ now find myself

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2021 4:49 PM

Woman became a bad word when feminists started to support the trans' cause. They slit their own throat trying to accommodate a mostly male initiative because deep down heterosexual women really want to be dominated by men. As long a they're not dressed like men.

Except somebody like Rowling who gets raked over the coals even by other feminists!

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2021 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!