Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Post-grunge rock

Ah, the most maligned of modern rock genres. Bands featuring singers who could appropriate Kurt’s sneer and Eddie’s rasp were promoted en masse. The ones who crossed over forwent grunge’s punk brashness for MOR’s stadium-oriented gloss and balladry. And, in doing so, did as much as Eminem to make make hip-hop the genre of choice for Gens Y and Z.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 4:54 PM

Sigh.

The rest of the poll would be

1. Far Away - Nickelback 2. Glycerine - Bush 3. Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse 4. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down 5. Lay Me Down - Live 6. Push - Matchbox 20 7. Shine - Collective Soul 8. Slide - Goo Goo Dolls 9. Tomorrow - silverchair 10. With Arms Wide Open - Creed

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 4:12 PM

Uh I'll take the suicide option, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 4:25 PM

Nickleback? Creed? MARY!

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 4:25 PM

Glycerine is the best song in the whole list.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 4:26 PM

Love the song, "Glycerine".

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2021 5:09 PM

Nickelback and Creed WERE post-grunge.

Rock is dead.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2021 5:43 PM

I think Live is the most underrated band on here. Throwing Copper was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2021 5:47 PM

With arms wide open…. Under the sunlight….. 🔥

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2021 4:55 AM

I believe the singer of Creed gave us the name “Nevaeh”.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 4:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!