Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan McCain blames hostile ‘View’ colleagues for her exit in emotional memoir

Meghan McCain is defiant, opinionated, determined, contrarian, won’t be pushed around—and wants you to know it.

She is also at times angry, depressed, anxious, insecure, bursting with raw emotion—and isn’t hiding that either.

All this comes pouring out, in great gushes of words, in her forthcoming audio memoir "Bad Republican." It traces her evolution from senator’s daughter and party girl to conservative warrior on "The View" to a humiliated panelist who quits the hit show, and serves as a scorching response to those she feels have mistreated her.

Please Note: It's a Fox News Link so I'm not including it. Instead, I'll post an angry picture of Meghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Chief among these are the liberal women she fiercely debated and who, from her vantage point, betrayed her during her painful passage from miscarriage to motherhood during a pandemic.

McCain had both the opportunity and the burden of generally being the only Republican voice on the daytime show, even as she aired her bitter feelings toward Donald Trump, who relentlessly attacked her father in both life and death. And she felt vilified by a misogynistic media that portrayed her as a quirky drama queen, fueled by nasty leaks that, perversely, only added to her fame.

Detractors who see her as an entitled cunt loudmouth will find some material here, and there is ample score-settling with the men as well as the female colleagues that she believes treated her like trash.

But unlike in most journalistic and political memoirs, McCain is the toughest on herself. It is her own spoken words on Audible that describe her headstrong behavior, including the time, as an aimless and boozy young woman, when her famous dad told her she was acting "like a jackass."

What will generate the gossipy headlines is McCain’s account of her searingly personal conflicts with Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg. And she makes no attempt to sugarcoat their tortured relationship or pretend that behind the scenes they were all gal pals.

There was "toxic, direct and purposeful hostility" from the two women, McCain writes, and it "grew meaner and less forgiving" as Trump’s tenure wore on, "as if I had become an avatar for everything they hated about the president." And that was strange, because "Whoopi and Joy saw front and center the emotional trauma I had experienced from President Trump’s attacks on my family.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 3:27 PM

McCain was troubled by the "open disdain" from Goldberg, who sometimes harshly cut her off on the air: "Once she turns on you, it can create unfathomable tension at the table."

When McCain got pregnant as COVID-19 started ravaging the country, and gave birth last year to her daughter Liberty, she says she "suffered from severe post-partum anxiety." She worried that people out there would try to kill or kidnap the baby. It wasn’t rational, she freely admits, and those feelings "started to snowball into me thinking everyone hated me."

On her second day back at work, during an on-air squabble with Behar about the Democratic Party, McCain tried a tongue-in-cheek line: "Joy, you missed me so much when I was on maternity leave. You missed fighting with me."

"I did not," Behar said. "I did not miss you. Zero."

McCain was stunned. "I felt like I’d been slapped," she said, "Like I'd been slapped by that fucking cunt, Joy!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 3:29 PM

When the show went to commercial, McCain burst into "uncontrollable sobbing" at the "nasty" remark. She pulled herself together, but with her hormones raging, she describes the experience as "intensely heartbreaking."

After the show, McCain resumed crying and threw up in a garbage can. And that’s when she concluded: "This s--- isn’t worth it. Nothing in life is worth it."

McCain later told her executive producer to ask Behar to apologize, since "she had humiliated me live on air." She was told that would not happen. Behar, she felt, smelled her vulnerability "like a shark smells blood in the water."

Meghan is fully aware that it’s "just a television show," and insists she’s not "some delicate flower." But there was more anxiety related to the baby, and a history of leaks where she was depicted as "crazy," an "unhinged lunatic." In the end, feeling she "just did not have the emotional bandwidth anymore," McCain left the ABC show with two years remaining on her contract.

What emerges is a portrait of a woman who is in fact treated differently by the media establishment because she is a conservative Republican. In 2019, Seth Meyers turned an NBC interview with a pregnant McCain on his late-night show into a confrontation, and after hours of crying, she refused his emailed request for a phone call. The next day, during a photoshoot for "The View," McCain got a message from her doctor’s office, which led to the crushing news that she had suffered a miscarriage. She blamed herself and her stressful life before eventually realizing that miscarriage is common and she could still have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 3:31 PM

For all the angst, the memoir has plenty of lighter moments. "I’ve messed up on Twitter 20 million times," McCain admits. "I used to drunk-tweet when I was in my early twenties."

When John McCain was running for the White House in 2008, the self-described "punk college kid" was included in a meeting where top aides said he should deal with the age issue by pledging to serve just one term. His daughter said that would sound desperate and he changed his mind, earning Meghan angry stares from the group of high-powered men.

McCain recalls Trump calling her years earlier to invite her on "The Apprentice" and saying repeatedly that would make her a "winner." There was another call, as president, that she didn’t want to take—her father said she had to—where Trump claimed he had been misquoted on some swipe at the senator but did not apologize, and Melania came on the line to say "we love you."

In a stunning admission, McCain says she was so distraught about her father’s 2018 death and having to write a eulogy that she become too testy on the air: "The pressure got to me…Knowing what I know now, I should have taken time off from the show, even if it meant giving up my job."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 3:34 PM

The blacks and the Italians attacked me and my child!

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote] It's a Fox News Link so I'm not including it

You sound so well adjusted, OP, you're triggered just by posting a link.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2021 3:36 PM

Megan was practically doted on from the beginning and given a lot of leeway, even as her behavior grew increasingly bizarre and hostile. The truth is Megan is just an angry, entitled and hateful freak just like her father John McCain. He was notorious for his bouts of hyper aggressive bullying behavior, often towards people who had done nothing towards him. And his personality defects predated his pow experience, his military colleagues even nicknamed him McNasty. Prior to Vietnam he had been cited for screaming obscenities at women in the street and had crashed multiple planes. Daddy bailed him out each time of course.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2021 3:37 PM

I think she also hates herself for marrying a man who told the world on Twitter that he wasn't attracted to her before they even met. I'd almost feel bad for her if she weren't such a vicious cunt. You would think that someone with her financial resources would just stay single rather than hitch their wagons to someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2021 3:41 PM

OP really described her as a ray of sunshine. We knew this all along.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2021 3:42 PM

Shut the fuck up, Meghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2021 3:43 PM

SHE IS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HERSELF. CONSTANTLY. THAT IS ALL I HAVE EVER HEARD HER TALK ABOUT. AND SHE STILL FELT THE NEED TO WRITE A MEMOIR?

GIRL, STOP TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. AND STOP WRITING A MEMOIR ABOUT ALL THE TIMES YOU TALKED ABOUT YOURSELF.

JESUS GO AWAY FOR A WHILE. THIS IS TO BE THE MOST EXHAUSTING, SELF INVOLVED PERSON IN HISTORY. SHE NEVER ADDS ANY VALUE TO ANY TOPIC OR ANY DISCUSSION. IT’S JUST HER BITCHING AND COMPLAINING AND TALKING ABOUT HER SELF!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2021 3:53 PM

A mature and intelligent person would take her life experiences and figure out at some point there must be a reason so many people don't like me, and make changes. But an entitled, spoiled, brat like she is can't see anything other than it's everyone else's fault.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 3:53 PM

R11 I don’t even bother reading when people write in all caps. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Meghan is a cunt but I can see why she’s be over appearing on The View. Whoopi hasn’t wanted to be there for a while & the irony in Joy’s name isn’t lost on me

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 3:59 PM

An AUDIO MEMOIR??? They are not even printing this shit, lmao.

I almost feel bad for Whoopi and Joy, who will get more bad press (although they are used to it) and will be painted like villains to scapegoat for the fact that Meghan was toxic, spoiled, and just plain bad TV - interrupting, screeching, eye rolling, confronting. Not that they are perfect either, but at least know how to run the show smoothly.

But this is what The View producers deserve for giving her so much leeway, and letting her nonsense go untethered. They allowed her to behave so poorly without any recompense because all her tantrums got their show in the news. They deserve the heat they will take for this (even though she is clearly abusing the miscarriage angle).

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 4:01 PM

Whoopi should remember how many professional prospects she had before Barbie hired her at The View. When she goes off into her valley-girl voice I literally wish death upon her

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2021 4:02 PM

Go away Mooghan. You are NOT missed. The show is so much better without her sucking the air out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2021 4:02 PM

She makes a lot of “I” statements.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2021 4:10 PM

R15 " I almost feel bad for whoopi and joy who will get more bad press". She's trying to paint herself as a bullying victim to incite harassment against them. McCain has no doubt witnessed the trend of people rushing to defend bullying victims, or alleged bullying victims, and is trying to take advantage of that. I count 3,2,1 until the media jumps to Princess Megan's defense. They love coming to the aid of bitchy right wing women. On the other hand, Democratic women can be insulted in the most degrading ways possible and the press doesn't make a peep.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2021 4:11 PM

She would be the forgotten child of a dead Senator where it not for The View. She has zero talent and zero chemistry. She is a whiney little bitch just like the leader of her party. She can't even write a book, she has to talk us to death. Go away!

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2021 4:12 PM

I stopped reading when I got to the part about the author being her friend.

Oh, boo-hoo, you hateful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Whoopi and Joy are old, like me. I'm sure they too gave out of fucks to give long ago.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 4:14 PM

John McCain is remembered as a maverick because of his last major vote but he toed the GOP line, doing remarkable damage to the country he claimed to love.

Of all that damage, unleashing two particularly vapid, loud-mouthed cunts named Sarah Palin and Meghan McCain onto the American political landscape was surely the most thoughtlessly diabolical.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2021 4:35 PM

Joy was just being honest. She didn’t miss her while the bitch was on maternity leave. Much like I don’t miss her now that she’s off the show. She was always a sour puss. Good f-ing riddance.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2021 4:35 PM

Hateful woman.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2021 4:39 PM

I hated Megan so much I expelled myself to avoid spending 18 years with her.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2021 4:39 PM

She belongs on Jerry Springer.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2021 4:39 PM

She is such low-class garbage. The hair “don’ts” alone are too much. She should be hosting a nascar race and chewing tobacco where she belongs.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2021 4:40 PM

That voice! Ugh,, just get dizzy thinking about her valley speak

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Nobody missed her. Even the conservative are embarrassed by Meghan. They want back that nice blonde girl who cries instead of shouts and swears like a longshoreman.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2021 4:52 PM

Did she call her memoir "Entitled Cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2021 5:01 PM

Yeah, she is trying to get the deplorable violence directed and Joy and Whoopi.

Meg knows that they will attack joy and Whoopi and harass them and threaten them. Maybe even assault them. That is what Meg wants. She is so nasty and hateful. She wants those women to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2021 5:05 PM

It's so much better without her. I haven't watched The View for a while, when she was on....that sneering, angry face and screeching voice. She was a liability on the show...good riddance. I enjoy watching now...a pleasure to have differences of opinions without the screaming harpy.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2021 5:06 PM

Nope, it's still a shit show. It takes about two minutes to introduce the clucking hens and have them waddle out and sit their fat asses down. Then they'll talk for maybe two minutes and Whoopi will awkwardly look confused and say "Are we going to break? Well, we have to go to break." The pacing of the show is way too annoying. Any good conversation is derailed because they need to take a commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2021 5:12 PM

Typical Republican...always blaming someone else for their own actions.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2021 5:13 PM

"when her famous dad told her she was acting "like a jackass."

You should have listened to your father, dumplin', he knows you better then you know yourself

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2021 5:20 PM

I'm shocked, shocked that Meghan's autobiography would paint her as a victim of bullying women, and would be self-serving with many glaring omissions!

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote] On her second day back at work, during an on-air squabble with Behar about the Democratic Party, McCain tried a tongue-in-cheek line: "Joy, you missed me so much when I was on maternity leave. You missed fighting with me."

[quote] "I did not," Behar said. "I did not miss you. Zero."

[quote] McCain was stunned. "I felt like I’d been slapped," she said, "Like I'd been slapped by that fucking cunt, Joy!"

I will love Joy forever just for this.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2021 5:21 PM

Meghan is not a morning person. Or afternoon person.

She is clearly a drunk. She is going through withdrawals during the day which is why she is so sour and has a hair trigger temper. One little thing doesn’t go her way and boy, it’s gloves off.

That is not a good style for tv. There needs to be a longer fuse. She just can’t take it and explodes.

That’s the booze. She would probably be more agreeable in the evenings after a few bottles. I know the type.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2021 5:22 PM

Joy is the dumbest person on TV and an awful person. Team Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2021 5:22 PM

Team Nazi, you mean.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2021 5:23 PM

I really hope they don’t let her hairdresser loose on the new host!

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 5:26 PM

R41 Please, Meghan was initially hired because she was anti Trump. However, Joy and Whoopi couldn't even handle having someone on the panel with even slightly different views. I don't even agree with Meghan on many things, but she is friends with Bari Weiss, who I respect, and would at least push back on extremist rhetoric.

The person upthread calling Meghan a bully is ridiculous. You have two veterans treating a young woman like shit and humiliating her on air and yet she is the bully? That's so fucking messed up.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2021 5:28 PM

R38 pretty sure those were OP's hilarious embellishments to the otherwise droll Fox article

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2021 5:31 PM

Memoir? Who gives a fuck about fatty?

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2021 5:34 PM

[Quote] However, Joy and Whoopi couldn't even handle having someone on the panel with even slightly different views.

Those views just parroted the daily GOP talking points. Meghan offered nothing original.

A recently example was about mask mandates. She, along with the other conservative talking heads, demanded that mask mandates end. The second Biden ended the mask mandates (before the Delta surge), she and the other conservative started with “The end of the mask mandates was solely a political decision)—completely ignoring that she had spent the previous months demanding one

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]That is not a good style for tv. There needs to be a longer fuse. She just can’t take it and explodes.

That, and she was unable to make a coherent argument; everything turned angry & nasty with her. It's been said before, but someone like Kellyanne - however loathsome she may be - has worked in the trenches for years and if you found her arguments her horrendous, she'd be able to explain the reasons behind them (presumably beyond just keeping Claudia off the streets). Meghan possesses none of those skills because her one lone attribute is being born in a famous conservative family.

I don't doubt it was a tough environment, but she'd probably have more credibility if she didn't lean in so hard on the miscarriage angle & take a least some responsibility for the breakdown in relationships.

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2021 5:37 PM

She was pushed around. In fact she was pushed out.

by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2021 5:37 PM

[quote] I don't even agree with Meghan on many things, but she is friends with Bari Weiss, who I respect

So because she's friends with that equally annoying cunt Bari Weiss, you think that makes her look better, R43?

by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2021 5:38 PM

How many times in her memoir does she mention that John McCain was her father?

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2021 5:46 PM

"They were mean to me." poor little rich white girl with no talent got a million dollar tv job and could not hack it.

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2021 5:58 PM

R43 I'm guessing you've never actually watched the show and are just reacting to Meghan's claims because you are a right winger.

Had you watched, you would have seen she was often quite rude, stupid, unnecessarily combative, and echoed the right wing views on pretty much every subject. She used her father as a crutch and a get-out-of-jail free card, name dropping him and using Trump's insults of him to paint herself as a victim from both sides, even though she was a standard right wing talking head on every other subject.

She was hired to be the conservative host, as the show has always had at least one or more staunchly conservative hosts, just as it has staunchly liberal hosts and moderate hosts.

So maybe before jumping in to any discussion with the default view that whatever the right wing person claims is true is the actual truth, and immediately attacking the left like a trained puppy, you should sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote]If you found her arguments her horrendous, she'd be able to explain the reasons behind them (presumably beyond just [bold]keeping Claudia from dancing lewdly at lunch period for quarters[/bold]).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2021 6:20 PM

I thought thus Bitch wanted to spend more time with her baby & her Nazi husband?

She's way to over-privileged & entitled for me to care about. She would be nothing without her fathers last name & her mothers money, which was inherited from her father.

None of these people earned their place in life. Even John McCain comes from wealth & a prominent military background. These peoples lives were ready made for them on a silver platter, on both sides of the family.

Nothing was earned!

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2021 6:20 PM

Angry drunk...that explains it. Wet or dry drunk...just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2021 6:21 PM

I know her father had a reputation of a bad temper and can be mean...but was he as bad as his daughter? Moogan was blowing up every minute...or sulking.

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2021 6:24 PM

The fourth seat on the View is always intended to be the punching bag. A lightweight who just sputters ineffectually while the other three sneer and humiliate her. No Ann Coulters who can give as good as they got.

Meghan only got the job after Trump's election because her father was the leader of the anti-Trump wing and she was cast as the republican who is still a republican but just "CAN'T" go along with current party positions.

But interestingly Meghan actually started to fight back against the three harpies. I think that probably had less to do with defending Trump than just responding to the black holes of hatefulnerss she had to work with day after day.

Whatever she was paid to be around those people wasn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Po Meghan. Po po Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2021 6:27 PM

She’s a mega-drunk. Blackout type with a flask in her bra, airplane bottles in her clutch. Her eyes are so puffy in the morning and she shakes with rage until her first sip. I can’t be the only one who sees it.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 6:34 PM

R57 no, that isn't why she got the job, and the fourth seat is not a punching bag.

Anything else you'd like to be wrong about?

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 6:34 PM

Personally I would have much more preferred it if Joy had actually slapped that fat bitch, right across her soup coolers.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 6:36 PM

I'm glad people see me as the nice Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 6:39 PM

Rancid cunt. She should focus on a career as a linebacker because that's all she's qualified for.

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 6:40 PM

^ I think she's working on being the patron saint of Karens

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 6:41 PM

I don’t think the View should get another conservative. It’s not even a legitimate position. What does that even mean anymore? That you like Trump but won’t admit it? And still defend everything he does? But you don’t like his tweets? How is that a position.

Conservative is just made up anyway. Maybe it was genuine at some point, but I don’t think so. It was always engineered to be a contrarian party. The party of being in a bad mood on Election Day. Being angry at something or somebody.

It’s not a legitimate angle and doesn’t need a spokesperson. It’s just garbage.

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 6:49 PM

She did open the door for Joy to say, "I didn't miss you." She asked, basically. Meghan was mean to Joy, in the past, and Joy didn't cry.

[quote] She’s a mega-drunk. Blackout type with a flask in her bra, airplane bottles in her clutch. Her eyes are so puffy in the morning and she shakes with rage until her first sip. I can’t be the only one who sees it.

I can't see this. Kellyanne Conway, on the other hand. I hate to be mean, but how did she get so weathered? Drinking? Maybe the extra weight on Meghan works in her favor.

I'd like an explanation about the bad hairdos (from Meghan). It was a joke, really. Plastered-on makeup. She probably looked better without all that makeup. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 6:49 PM

R57 is spot on. Since Biden failed to be the great unifier, stuff like Ana Navaro's contrarian bullshit will no longer play among huge swaths of the country. They'll have to find someone else who is at least someone principled in their position even if they despise the guy in office. Megan Kelly was personally attacked by Trump on live TV, yet she chose not to compromise her ideals even though it would have been personally advantageous to her.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 6:52 PM

“They'll have to find someone else who is at least someone principled in their position”

Meg has no principals. She changes her mind every day depending on how bad the hangover is. She literally shakes on tv.

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote] I don’t think the View should get another conservative. It’s not even a legitimate position. What does that even mean anymore? That you like Trump but won’t admit it? And still defend everything he does? But you don’t like his tweets? How is that a position.

I agree. You're side is not interested in debating anyone. You should proved R57's point. Megan was fine when talking about celebrity gossip and other inane topics, but Joy and Whoopi, who weight in often with their uneducated opinions, insisted on dragging her for her politics because they thought they could benefit from the controversy. Any other decent person would've looked out for someone starting out in the biz and help them if they were going through some personal issues. It's clear that Joy and Whoopi are awful people who would've done the same thing to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2021 6:56 PM

Meghan Kelly is a money grubbing scam artist so there no principals there either. She took NBC and FOX to the cleaners. She got close to 100m out of them. 75m at least that we know about.

Now there is a gold digger for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2021 6:57 PM

Abby Huntsman earlier this year came out and said it was toxic too. She also had issues with McCain, but I gather the toxicity went beyond just MM.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2021 6:58 PM

Meghan Kelly sat back and knew all those women were being sexually assaulted at fox and did nothing until Gretchen Carlson put her on the spot. And then Megan was supposedly some feminist hero?

She got the big money but all the girls who were mistreated got pennies. She was Roger ails wingman but walked away scot free.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2021 6:59 PM

R56 Yes . He was just as bad as Megan and probably much worse. His one gift was having the savvy to be chummy with political journalists. That's why they reported on him so favorably and covered up his family scandals, they felt the big man on campus was their special buddy. But McCain was a very vicious and nasty guy.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2021 7:01 PM

Abby was referring to Megan when she made those statements. Megan is the toxic source. Now that Megan is gone the depravity factor is gone. That was so uncool of ABC to put a sick person on television. The girl needs therapy, not a camera in her face. I felt sick anytime she came on the screen. Her lashing out and trying to destruct everything around her reeks of abuse victim.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2021 7:02 PM

Actually, r74, she was being rather broad in her statements. Yes, she mentioned a fight with McCain, but the rest of it was more broadly about the show.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2021 7:07 PM

Here you go, r74.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2021 7:10 PM

How is it that this completely vapid non-entity ever became a "thing"?

My parents laughed at how Margaret Truman was thrust upon them. MM is far, far more ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2021 7:10 PM

So funny that the View fired Nicolle Wallace, who is a calm, reasonable and educated conservative because she didn't know much about entertainment gossip.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2021 7:12 PM

The other notable thing about Abby's comments is that she goes out of her way to thank "staff" but never mentions her fellow panelists.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2021 7:13 PM

Meghan McCain, the colossal, conservative, Karen cunt.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2021 7:14 PM

The show has always had a political tone running through it, but it wasn't until 2015-16 when Trump was running for president that the show became politically volatile. These years, especially 2017-2021 were the years that politics became explosive, which also coincided when McCain and Abby Huntsman were at the table. So yes, they would feel the toxicity more than in other years.

McCain and Hunstman were trying to walk a fine line and defend the indefensible. Even if they weren't blatantly defending Trump, they were defending the Repigs, which is very difficult to do especially when you have Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar (no shrinking flowers) sitting on either side of you.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2021 7:19 PM

Don’t you people know a blackout drunk when you see one? What more do you need. To see her hitting the flask at 11 am?

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2021 7:21 PM

@r67, you are totally full of poop

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2021 7:26 PM

I had no idea that so many DataLoungers watched The View.

How depressing.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2021 7:29 PM

Yet here you are, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2021 7:31 PM

I never watched The View, the highlights pasted all over the internet are enough

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 8:05 PM

Of course Huntsman and McCain labeled the view toxic. The whole post-Trump GOP platform of the park is based on a narrative of conservatives being persecuted, particularly in the “mainstream media.”

It would be political suicide for them to say anything else.

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 8:12 PM

Poor Meghan. Always the victim.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2021 8:13 PM

Huntsman just seemed dumb and like a deer caught in the headlights. Meghan was a full-bore asshole. Very high school. She must have been the unpopular girl in school. She always had to make a point of calling someone a personal friend. Then, as mentioned above, getting married to someone who said he wasn't even attracted to her. Low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] That's why they reported on him so favorably and covered up his family scandals

Simpler than that. McCain got the fawning coverage when he was a constant critic of GW Bush and even moreso when he led the actual opposition to Trump. In between he had the poor taste to try to beat Obama. THAT is when you finally saw the nasty coverage of hateful senile vile McCain.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Yes but mostly "My" statements, R18.

As in "My father ______"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2021 8:38 PM

r91 WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT.

lol My Father, Ny Father..

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2021 9:29 PM

This is the chick with the famous dad? Right?

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote]This is the chick with the famous dad? Right?

Correct. His name is My Father.

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2021 9:38 PM

r94, Is she MORMON?

by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2021 9:41 PM

I'll first say that Meghan McCain drives me crazy; however, I can see how Meghan was offended when Joy said she didn't miss her after Meghan returned from maternity leave. HOWEVER, it didn't really go down like that exactly (well, sort of).

Watch the video. Meghan and Joy got into a little squabble--nothing really serious. And then in kind of a joking manner, McCain said, "Oh Joy, you really missed fighting with me when I was on maternity leave." And Joy responded, "No, I did not." So Joy was actually responding to "not missing fighting with McCain while she was on maternity leave." The offensive part came when Joy followed up and said, "No, I did not miss you. Zero."

I'm sure Joy did not miss McCain. Joy is an older woman, and she's beyond this petty bullshit (particularly because once again Meghan interrupted Joy while Joy was making a point during this segment of the show). However, was Joy's intention to drive home the point that she didn't miss fighting with McCain...OR, was Joy striking right at the heart and actually saying she didn't miss McCain at all fighting or not fighting? You may be able to interpret the exchange either way.

Whatever the case, this exchange hurt McCain deeply and asked her producer (behind the scenes) to get an apology from Behar. Joy refused. It was from that day on that McCain never once spoke with Behar off camera. It was also on that day that McCain decided to leave the show, according to her memoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2021 10:34 PM

Abby was 100% talking about Megan and the rest was just the execs that didn’t stop Megan from making everyone tense and negative in set. They didn’t stop her.

Megan is a miserable wretch. There is no excusing her behavior. We saw how Megan acted every day like a nasty witch and it was uncalled for. She is a maniac. her “friends” most likely hate her and her negative screeching and carrying on like a basket case over every little thing.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2021 10:42 PM

Megyn Kelly is even worse with failed “journalism” career.

She was given so many chances. Didn’t she even end up in 60 minutes? She is a terrible journalist and is only good at one thing: the fake news lady voice. She has that down pat in a karaoke way. But she doesn’t have the skills to do tv. She got lucky at fox but without Ailes, she falls flat on her face.

How many chances is she going to get? She will be back at Fox no doubt. She was never even local news quality and without all the smoke and mirrors, she was exposed. She was destined for a career as a car show model which is not a bad gig. Ailes picked her up off the streets and gave her a chance and she betrayed him in the end. She didn’t even have the guts to confess her role in all the antics. The sooner she fades away, the better for society.

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2021 10:49 PM

I wish Gretchen would set the record straight on Megyn but she is too busy counting her money.

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote] Megan was practically doted on from the beginning and given a lot of leeway, even as her behavior grew increasingly bizarre and hostile. The truth is Megan is just an angry, entitled and hateful freak just like her father John McCain. He was notorious for his bouts of hyper aggressive bullying behavior, often towards people who had done nothing towards him. And his personality defects predated his pow experience, his military colleagues even nicknamed him McNasty. Prior to Vietnam he had been cited for screaming obscenities at women in the street and had crashed multiple planes. Daddy bailed him out each time of course.

I knew a guy that worked on a McCain campaign, he basically had PTSD after months working closely with the Senator, and I've heard many other stories about him. But, everyone thought they had to treat him with kid gloves because of the POW thing. That is why, I never minded Trump's nastiness to McCain, he was just giving McCain about 10% of the crap he'd been dishing out for years.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2021 10:53 PM

So, who narrated?

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Whoopie was a saint with her and went out of her way to treat her kindly when the other women had enough of meghan's bullshit lies

Whoopie yelled at her maybe 3 or 4 times, and even then, she did it much nicer than anyone else would have

by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2021 10:56 PM

Like everyone else, Megyn Kelly now has a podcast. She also makes frequent appearances on GB News with Dan Wooten, the new "Fox-like" network that recently launched in Great Britain. Wooten introduces Kelly as "one of the biggest broadcasters in America," and then has the chyron ID as she talks identifying her as "U.S. Media Superstar."

And then they sit there and kiss each others' right-wing asses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2021 10:58 PM

This lady has ENOUGH money. ^ why is she embarrassing herself?

Lots of little girls dream of growing up to be a news lady but it’s just not going to happen for this one. It’s not in the stars.

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2021 11:05 PM

John McCain was a hero and patriot during his torturous times in Vietnam. However, during John McCain's in the Senate, he was no hero or maverick. Yet everyone one who came on The View had to pay homage to John McCain, who was nothing but a Repig--just like the rest of them. John McCain was also deeply involved in the savings and loan banking scandal of the late 1980s. McCain received $112,000 of legal political contribution from Charles Keating Jr. and his associates at Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, along with trips on Keating's jets that McCain belatedly repaid, in 1989. McCain admitted that it gave a wrong appearance. In the end, McCain was cleared by the Senate Ethics Committee of acting improperly or violating any law or Senate rule, but was mildly rebuked for exercising "poor judgment"

I am glad John McCain helped save the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in 2017, but that was not an act of heroism or patriotism. It was simply giving those without health insurance the opportunity to get affordable health care--just like the other 50 Democratic senators who voted to save the ACA. I know--I was on Obamacare at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2021 11:09 PM

Like many people who enjoy the benefits of nepotism, Meghan McCain has an inflated and unwavering conviction that everyone is obliged to make her feel good with every comment, gesture and deed. I'ts anathema to her that the job she, so effortlessly, waltzed into, should be any more difficult to do than it was to get.

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2021 11:10 PM

That was the last whiff of decency leaving the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2021 11:11 PM

Megyn is always so appropriate in her ensemble choices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] Whatever she was paid to be around those people wasn't enough.

So true! Why she was FORCED to do this horrible job because she so desperately needed money for her family!

I cannot think of someone I pity more!

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2021 11:13 PM

Thank you, Joy.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2021 11:19 PM

Whoopie went out of her way to be nice to her in R96's video

MAGAt meg would always come out on stage ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has had everything in her life handed to her, including her job with the View, which paid her millions of dollars per year for working less than 2 hours per day

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2021 11:55 PM

Joy's a bitch and a feminist by convenience.

Meghan's insufferable and a beneficiary of nepotism.

Whoopi just wants to play peacemaker and then go home and smoke a bowl.

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2021 12:21 AM

Meghan would have been smart to conduct her life outside of politics. She married a guy she will always secretly think is a loser because he’ll never achieve what her father did in the same field. She won’t get respect on moderate to liberal political entertainment shows because her views are laughable and ridiculous. She’ll never fit into the mold of conservative political entertainment shows because she’s too big, too loud, too profane, too anti-Trump (she must have LOATHED Abby Huntsman coming into The View).

She should hang out with her mom, count her money, and start a charity related to her dad.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2021 12:30 AM

R112. Not true about Joy. She is authentic.

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]Not true about Joy. She is authentic.

Yeah. She was real authentic when she said that she didn't care about Cuomo's victims.

She trots out the feminist card when it's convenient (aka when it's against a Republican). Otherwise, she's either disgusted or she doesn't mention it..

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2021 12:44 AM

Megyn Kelly is a pathetic Bitch! She had everything and fucked it up. She should've stayed her ass at fox news where she had it made in the shade.

Notice, after she left fox, she was invited to all of the major glittery liberal Hollywood events. Like the Met Gala, and Hollywood reporter & Variety industry events. She was rubbing shoulders with people like Oprah Kris Jenner, and Myrel Streep etc. She even said she enjoyed the new direction her career was going in. All of that was meant to give Kelly a second chance and a complete makeover from her fox news era.

She went to NBC and seemed to soften up a little. But at times would revert back to glimmers of her fox news persona. She went after Jane Fonda and than made that black face comment and that destroyed everything for her. Plush her ratings were awful at NBC. She was fired, left NBC and went back to her racist right wing roots again. And her entire career has been relegated to YouTube and talking about culture wars and whining about the left.

Sharon Osbourne was on Kelly's podcast last week, trashing the talk about bad mouthing sherry underwood and her other Co host. Sharon was made and angry and now seems to be heading into more of a right wing direction. She even said she wanted to see Kelly in person to give her a hug.

Kelly and Osbourne are both human garbage. Things don't go their way and they turn to hate. Fuck both of them. Sharon is just bitter because she was fired. She should feel lucky she even hah a career in America with that accent she has, along with that nasty attitude of hers.

So fucking entitled, the both of them. By the way, that interview is on YouTube on megyn kelly's YouTube channel.

by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] Kelly and Osbourne are both human garbage.

That's a bit extreme. You don't seem to mind when they're sucking up to the cameras but heaven forbid they think for themselves or call out actual bullshit. You don't have to be a fan of Sharon's to know that she was railroaded. Good for her and Kelly for making off with every cent.

by Anonymousreply 117October 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Megyn Kelly has crazy eyes, sometimes, and crazy smile.

Meghan McCain: I don't think she gets along that well with her mother, Cindy McCain.

by Anonymousreply 118October 20, 2021 1:12 AM

R117 sharon was fired from the x factor over in the UK a few years ago for bad behavior over there.

So who's lying about her? She's been accused of being an awful person to have to work with on both sides of the pond.

The problem is sharon Osbourne.

by Anonymousreply 119October 20, 2021 1:17 AM

[Quote]She was destined for a career as a car show model which is not a bad gig. Ailes picked her up off the streets

Kelly, IMO, is an opportunistic POS who'll opportunistically talk out of the side of her mouth necessary to gain attention when needed. But these are pretty heavy duty misogynistic statements. She may be a grasping climber, but please don't lie about the background of someone who graduated law school. By all means go on about her lack of ethics or moral backbone, but don't compare an educated woman, however loathsome she may, be to a street walker who didn't manage to get a GED.

by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2021 1:47 AM

R108. Is that dress made from crushed velvet?! Megyn Kelly dresses like a cheap whore.

by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2021 1:57 AM

R120, she knew ailes was assaulting all those women and said nothing. Streetwalkers are too good to compare to megyn kelly

I do not doubt for one moment that she didn't willingly fuck roger ailes. That's how she got her job and that's how she kept her job

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2021 2:03 AM

Gretchen Carlson is also not a sympathetic person. She worked at fox news and was also a problematic person. She was fine with people of color being demonized by her colleagues and primetime anchors. But when it came to things that were happening to her and other women, she wanted people to care about what she allegedly went through. But didn't care about various ethnic groups and what they were subjected to.

Fuck her pig looking ass too.

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote]Sharon Osbourne was on Kelly's podcast last week, trashing the talk about bad mouthing sherry underwood and her other Co host. Sharon was mad and angry and now seems to be heading into more of a right wing direction. She even said she wanted to see Kelly in person to give her a hug.

That's because megyn is going to be on GB tv in England with dan wooten (another piece of shit), who is best friends with piers morgan, who is best friends with sharon osbourne. All those rotten cunts stick together

Expect that useless cunt megyn kelly to start bashing Meghan and Harry, American democrats, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and as many black women as possible. She knows the more outrageous her statements, the more press attention she'll get.

by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2021 2:15 AM

[Quote]Megyn Kelly dresses like a cheap whore.

Remember when she wore the velvet, off the shoulder cocktail dress with a slit to interview Putin?

Yeah, Kelly tried to play a look thinking she could snow the former KGB man. I get what you mean, r120, but those statements are jarring to educated women in general who have been victims of misogyny through absolutely no doing of their own. Especially the "car show model" and "off the streets" comments because these are precisely the sort of statements men in power use when rejected by underlings, no matter how much smarter or more educated they are than their perv bosses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2021 2:16 AM

R124 Kelly better be careful, there's guns everywhere in America.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2021 2:22 AM

A few weeks ago, Meghan's mother, Cindy McCain, sat in as The View co-host. I'm assuming that Cindy knew about Meghan's troubles, the "toxicity" on the show and the book coming out. Cindy received a great big welcome with the women fawning all over her asking about Meghan's baby.

It's interesting that Cindy still went on the show. If I recall, both Joy and Whoopi were there on the day that Cindy co-hosted.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2021 2:23 AM

I think Cindy sees herself as above that and whatever happened on The view is between her daughter and the women on The view.

That's the impression I get.

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2021 2:30 AM

I recently read an interview online featuring Candace Cameron, who was one of the co-hosts of The View for a couple of years, 2015-17. She said she experienced PTSD during and a bit after her time on the show. She said she was full of anxiety and stress for most of her tenure. She said this was caused because she was the "conservative" voice at the table, and she felt a lot of stress having to assume that conservative role all the time. Apparently, it was a burden for her. However, she also said a lot of her stress came from the fact that she really wasn't all that much into politics or heavy issues. So for much of the time, she didn't really have an opinion about a lot of political topics or didn't feel strongly about some issues--but yet she still had to say something and be responsive. She also didn't feel comfortable voicing her opinions about certain hot topics--it's just not her thing to be that vocal about sensitive, private or political issues. Yet she took the job, but high-tailed it out of there as soon as the reboot of Full House became a reality.

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2021 2:34 AM

Candace should've never taken the job. She was a complete waste. I wonder if Elizabeth will be guest hosting this season, since their bringing back former Co hosts for the season 25 commemoration.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2021 2:39 AM

[quote]I recently read an interview online featuring Candace Cameron, who was one of the co-hosts of The View for a couple of years, 2015-17. She said she experienced PTSD during and a bit after her time on the show. She said she was full of anxiety and stress for most of her tenure.

Straight white women shatter like glass the moment they have to deal with something not going their way. You can disagree with them on the most trivial thing and they will have a full-on breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2021 2:43 AM

Not only did Whoopi dismiss me & Joy bully me nonstop, Abby Cuntsmman would openly talk about her kids, knowing full well i’d had a miscarriage!

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2021 2:53 AM

The problem is they feel the need to have a character on the show who is conservative. The need to fill a role is problematic. They don’t have a professional liberal pundit to counter the professional conservative one. Joy and Whoopie can throw down, but they would get lost in the blizzard of conservative propaganda being spewed by the conservative robot.

Nicolle Wallace really wasn’t conservative. She was a moderate republican, now a center/left Dem. She actually had reasonable comments and that CANNOT be allowed because the conservative role has talking points that MUST be spewed as Candace found out. Candace was actually fairly reasonable most of the time which I found shocking. She didn’t agree with the conservative talking points of the day any times. Likewise, Abby is a self-professed moderate and would have reasoned conversation.

Meg IS the bully. She tried her damndest to bully and lie and gaslight nonstop. I loved when Joy told her she didn’t miss her. She spoke for 99% of the View’s audience.

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2021 2:59 AM

I wish that Rosie O'Donnell would come back to The View as a permanent co-host. I just like her, always have. I agree with her politically, and I like her assertiveness. I realize she tends to dominate, but I don't care, I like her.

I could lose Whoopi (she doesn't have much too say), middle-of-the-road, boring mom Sara and Sunny, who seems to have turned into a self-righteous, virginal, Catholic school, conveniently black, uptight innocent. I used to like her, but what's with the cutesy, wide-eyed, "I'm a good girl smarty pants lawyer who never did anything wrong?"

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2021 3:08 AM

R133 The problem is the women on the View are not moderate and on top of that, they're being dramatic for the cameras. The View has always chased controversy for ratings. They let Rosie O'Donnel spew her conspiracy theories week after week with no consequence. Even Rosie wasn't crazy enough for the View. Ultimately it was Megan's decision to leave. She was essentially being used as a prop, and on the occasion where she didn't shrivel up as she was expected to, got dragged on the air repeatedly. Perhaps they should just give up on the illusion that they want to entertain different sides, but then their ratings will be in the toilet. However, I'm sure they'll find someone unwilling to turn down an easy paycheck even if they have to compromise their dignity.

by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2021 3:10 AM

Stop talking about Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Osborne and Sharon Osborne and Gretchen Carlson!!!

This thread is about ME and ME ALONE--MY ROYAL FUCKING HIGHNESS, THE FUCKING PRINCESS OF FUCKING ARIZONA!!!

by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Rosie was phenomenal.

I like Sara. She’s your middle of the road young-ish Democrat mom.

Sunny is getting a tad annoying , but damn she makes concise, smart arguments and usually for the side I support.

Whoopie is better now that she is face to face. She was completely useless on zoom.

Ana is the reasonable, funny, 5th they need. Ana can throw down like no other. She’s also a moderate so they won’t pick her. In these very stressful times where lies are too often spread by conservatives, we don’t need another conservative propaganda machine.

by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2021 3:13 AM

R135 Meghan was the problem. She came on with a chip on her shoulder and always sneering and snarling. Expected to shrivel? OH STFU. No, we expect somebody to form cogent arguments not just be a flamethrower and sit back expecting to not get shit for it. She is also dumb as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2021 3:15 AM

I love Joy. I hope she never leaves. Damn, she just turned 79 on Oct 7.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote] I wonder if Elizabeth will be guest hosting this season, since their bringing back former Co hosts for the season 25 commemoration.

I could see them trying to get her back. Her main problem was with Rosie, and she isn't on there anymore. I don't remember Joy and Elizabeth getting personal like Megan and Joy or Elizabeth and Rosie. Elizabeth has been there before, she is a conservative, but has matured into not being volatile.

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2021 3:17 AM

I hated when Rosie was on the show. She could not share the spotlight. In her mind, the show was called "Rosie O'Donnell and the Little People."

by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2021 3:18 AM

We didn’t have the political environment we have now. Elizabeth and the others would have clashed. I am not saying it as liberal vs conservative. It is how the conservative just gaslights, spews their Heritage talking points at lightening pace, and can’t form cogent thoughts beyond them. All conservatives do is spew a steady stream of Heritage bullshit. I am serious. It is well known they all get an email and if they are challenged at any point in the day, they call or email for the stock response.

by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2021 3:21 AM

Talk about dumbing down the show...Sherry Shepherd seems as dumb as a box of rocks.

And Star Jones. She's become more subdued and less obnoxious, but damn, I could not stand that uppity, girly, barracuda who thought way too highly of herself.

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2021 3:23 AM

Sherry Shepard was funny, though.Dumb,yes. But funny.

by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote] And Star Jones. She's become more subdued and less obnoxious, but damn, I could not stand that uppity, girly, barracuda who thought way too highly of herself.

Uppity? The nerve.

by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2021 3:27 AM

R142. Yes, Trump has changed everything. We've come from what we thought was a political climate to mondo beyondo "I hate you (and rightfully so) if you support Trump." The who country has become toxic because of him.

Joy is the only one who can put him in his place. She's smart, but it also may be because she knew him when he was a woman-chasing pig in New York.

by Anonymousreply 146October 20, 2021 3:27 AM

^^who = whole

by Anonymousreply 147October 20, 2021 3:28 AM

R143. Uppity black peoples on television. What has the world come to?

by Anonymousreply 148October 20, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] It is how the conservative just gaslights, spews their Heritage talking points at lightening pace, and can’t form cogent thoughts beyond them. All conservatives do is spew a steady stream of Heritage bullshit.

At least they are creative enough to come up with more than one talking point.

by Anonymousreply 149October 20, 2021 3:30 AM

R149 Creative? Ahahahahahahaha No, they can’t argue their fucking positions so they all have to hide behind words written by somebody else like zombies. The opposite of creative.

by Anonymousreply 150October 20, 2021 3:32 AM

The Democrats are socialist Marxist communists.

by Anonymousreply 151October 20, 2021 3:43 AM

R151 Yep!

“I have no actual policies except make the rich richer. Nothing for the rest of you. Oh abortion? Well, that’s alls I gots. Now, let me get back to you after I check my inbox.”- conservatives

by Anonymousreply 152October 20, 2021 3:47 AM

I don’t care much about US politics, and I haven’t watched The View since before Rosie, but Joy Behar has always stuck me as a major cunt.

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2021 4:02 AM

R153 Nobody views her that way, but they sure have Meghan. She was such a cunt to Abby that Abby quit. She visibly upset Abby and demeaned her on more than one occasion.

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2021 4:08 AM

LOL. My neighbor, a black woman in her mid-70s always refers to Sunny as "that uppity one" or "that uppity woman". She's the only person I know who uses the word "uppity".

by Anonymousreply 155October 20, 2021 4:39 AM

Oh, I can totally see Joy as a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 156October 20, 2021 4:40 AM

R155 Bitch please!

That's you saying that shit. Racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 157October 20, 2021 6:10 AM

Exactly, R157. I don't know of any black person who uses "uppity" to describe another black person. R155's story would've been more believable had he said "bougie" instead.

by Anonymousreply 158October 20, 2021 6:14 AM

R158 Some of these people think everyone is stupid. I smelled shit as soon as I read that post

by Anonymousreply 159October 20, 2021 6:27 AM

Oh go away fat Mooghan. Still trying to hog the spotlight. I agree with Joy a million times over. You are not missed. Not one bit.

by Anonymousreply 160October 20, 2021 10:19 AM

I love the poster in this thread trying to claim Meghan is some sweet, innocent naif, new to all this Hollywood stuff!

She grew up in the spotlight. She worked for her father's campaign in 2007. She launched a lifestyle/propaganda blog. She wrote articles for The Daily Beast (which is why, incidentally, to this day they will not publish any negative stories about her, only things that make her look good. It's her People Magazine).

She initially made a name for herself by attacking a few bigger names in the Fox News / Republican world, primarily about personal grievances she had with people. As of the past five years she has dropped that facade and now primarily just attacks Dems with regurgitated RNC talking points and whatever her disgusting husbear provides her.

She's "written" (or more likely coauthored, as she is not a great writer) multiple books, including "My Father, John McCain" (seriously!). She had repeated guest host stints on The View before joining as a full co-host.

She was an on-air analyst for MSNBC in 2011. She had a talk show in 2013 on some obscure cable networks (cancelled less than six months later). She became co-host on another obscure talk show (cancelled again, less than six months after she joined). She became a Fox News contributor in 2015. She was a co-host of another talk show in 2016. She left Fox News entirely in 2017 and became a co-host of the VIew.

She seems to be banned from Fox News now although she now has that opinion columnist gig in The Daily Mail as a consolation prize. The View was her biggest chance at stardom and she couldn't make that work, either, even though she was kept on at the show far longer than she should have been due to personal relationship with management. SHE is the problem.

She is anything but a naive waif. She's just bad at what she seems to want to do. Lukewarm sales for her books, lukewarm television hosting and commentary, etc. And now she's writing lukewarm opinion pieces for the Daily Fail.

So please spare us the claims she didn't know how the Big Hollywood Show worked, and how Joy and Whoopi failed in taking her under their arms, and she was just an innocent wide-eyed girl who was eaten alive by a nest of harpies.

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or, which is more likely, you are being disengenuous because you want to attack the two open liberals on The View. The fact that they're women, too, is just an added misogynistic bonus.

by Anonymousreply 161October 20, 2021 10:42 AM

R159 Same. That would be like a straight person saying gays call each other the f word so they can. Except that story about the black neighbor was a laughable lie.

by Anonymousreply 162October 20, 2021 10:44 AM

r152, The WHITE Heritage Foundation.

Meggie has a BA in Art History. Her pompous fat assed husband is a college drop out.

Chelsea Clinton received an undergraduate degree at Stanford University and later earned master's degrees from the University of Oxford and Columbia University, and a Doctor of Philosophy in international relations from the University of Oxford in 2014. Clinton married investment banker Marc Mezvinsky in 2010. They have a daughter and two sons.

FUCK MEGHAN McCain Domenech. POSEUR. FRAUD.

by Anonymousreply 163October 20, 2021 12:48 PM

It must be hurt to be that exhausting… I was going to mention the whole legacy/nepotism thing but we knew that.

by Anonymousreply 164October 20, 2021 12:52 PM

People can hate nn McCain, I am sure there are good reasons but...when he ran against Obama and that woman during a town hall said she would not vote for Obama because he was a Muslim and McCain corrected her and said "he and I are friends we just happen to disagree on how the country should be run" spoke volumes to his character.

by Anonymousreply 165October 20, 2021 12:58 PM

r165, as also the joke he told about Chelsea Clinton, who was a child in the WH...

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father.

Yep, speaks volumes to his character. Clinton hater. Women hater. LGBTQ hater.

NRA lover, who holds the #1 recipient of 20 million dollars in anti-gun control cash.

Evil fucker. Fuck the sanctimonious canonization of this prick.

by Anonymousreply 166October 20, 2021 1:04 PM

r166 see I knew there were good reasons, but still he had one moment of being honest. Probably cost him the election but hey we got Obama!

by Anonymousreply 167October 20, 2021 1:07 PM

Remember when Megan lied and said that her NYC neighborhood was a burned down war zone? Pepperidge farm remembers! If a democrats spawn had been caught lying this way the press would have jumped on them like a pack of hyenas but it was shrugged off because she was a Republicans child, specifically John Mccains.

by Anonymousreply 168October 20, 2021 1:16 PM

[quote] The problem is they feel the need to have a character on the show who is conservative. The need to fill a role is problematic. Nicolle Wallace really wasn’t conservative. She was a moderate republican, now a center/left Dem. She actually had reasonable comments and that CANNOT be allowed because the conservative role has talking points that MUST be spewed as Candace found out

The republicans are just a group of liars. They lie and distort everything. They haven't told the truth about anything since 2016

So if The View wants a "conservative" they'll need to find someone just like meghan mccain who is willing to lie about everything

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2021 12:09 AM

She’s such a whore I hope she gets gang banged by hobos. Bitch would probably like it though.

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2021 3:48 AM

Why is it just an audiobook? Don't they do that along with a print version?

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2021 5:56 AM

The show is at its best when they have a conservative and they have debates. (especially since they are so proud of that New York Times Sunday Magazine article calling them the most important political show on TV.)

It's sort of awkward now. They are pretty light on politics probably not wanting to hurt Biden's image. The odd thing now is that it seems like the force Sunny and Sara to have sort of dissenting views on politics. It seems scripted and almost like they take turns.

Ana Navarro is confusing. She's a republican? All her views seem democratic. (I've never seen her on CNN.) Today she talked about her sex life which I had to fast forward thru due to nausea.

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2021 6:05 AM

Yes she’s a Republican, she was affiliated with Jeb Bush when he ran for Pres. she’s very moderate though. I remember years ago she said, word for word, that republicans should not & do not want to castrate gays/turn them into eunuchs.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2021 7:32 AM

I’m guessing BPD

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2021 7:34 AM

R165 you are delusional. He had no problem with the dog whistles that at that time were loud and shrieking from his campaign about "Barack Hussein Obama" and campaign affiliates. He was not a noble man. The reason he corrected the woman was because she said the quiet part out loud.

Now, of course, since Obama won the dog whistles got louder and louder and became more obvious and blatant until they weren't dog whistles anymore, they were outright saying shit like that. Enter Trump, who took that and ran with it, and it's a standard Republican tactic now.

The only thing that made me happy with McCain was his thumbs down vote on dismantling Obamacare. But he only did that because he knew he wouldn't be running for re-election, and as a final "fuck you" to Trump. He didn't want liberals to be too happy about it either, based on the statements he made after the vote. I certainly didn't read it as him suddenly developing character.

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2021 11:00 AM

Ana is a moderate who is agreeing with Dems because republicans have gone batshit crazy. Again, she is an actual moderate. She’s voting Dem until republicans rid themselves of their current ways, or she will switch parties.

Yes, the show does seem scripted at times. They don’t need a conservative. Why? Because THAT becomes extremely scripted as republicans just spew talking points.

Light on politics to protect Biden? From? They could help him if they talked politics more. They could defend him, talk about all the great things in the infrastructure bill.

by Anonymousreply 176October 22, 2021 11:02 AM

R173 being for gay marriage does not make one a moderate. She has since touted ALL of the Republican talking points on virtually every other subject. Even Her Father, John McCain, who ran with the "maverick" moniker, voted with other Republicans 87 percent of the time during the time when Republicans only voted with each other 91 percent of the time.

Someone's support of gay marriage does not instantly transform all their other positions into moderate ones.

by Anonymousreply 177October 22, 2021 11:06 AM

Breaking news: shitty people who are fired can now blame toxic work environments when they were largely responsible for bringing in toxicity themselves.

by Anonymousreply 178October 22, 2021 11:07 AM

I agree!

by Anonymousreply 179October 22, 2021 11:16 AM

ABC execs say the notion Meghan left on her own volition is wrong, and ditto for her claim everybody except her was oozing toxicity.

Our sources tell us Meghan was essentially forced out of her role after an internal investigation into the environment she describes -- which we're told was, in fact, real ... but mostly due to Meghan's behavior on and off camera, not her coworkers' -- other way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 22, 2021 12:54 PM

She was really dumb, very desperate, or both to write a book about this if there are internal documents or the like showing that she’s lying. She has a fortune, why is she pushing so hard to be a celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 181October 22, 2021 1:20 PM

^And, that's why M2 rushed this mess out. She knew that eventually the truth would surface and she wanted to be ahead of it. No one is really giving her any play except the Right-Wing. Anybody that watched that show (regardless of political ideology) knew that M2 was disrespectful on numerous occasions and probably the cause of all of the turmoil.

by Anonymousreply 182October 22, 2021 1:21 PM

How is it Joy and Whoppi’s fault When she is in a constant bad mood and ready to fight at all times. She gives a new meaning to chip in the shoulder. She is destructive and always has to bring everyone else down with her.

Joy and Whoopi are funny and entertaining. They are interesting. She is not.

by Anonymousreply 183October 22, 2021 1:23 PM

We shouldn’t be letting Megan rewrite history here. This book needs to be pulled from the shelves. It’s nothing but lies and slander.

They should sue her.

This is really damaging the way I look at the View. This is harming their reputation. Surely they are not going to let her get away with this. It has tarnished the View brand and is costing them advertisers.

This needs to be stopped right now in its tracks. No way does this entitled menace get to trash the show and the host and make money from lying.

by Anonymousreply 184October 22, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote]How is it Joy and Whoppi’s fault When she is in a constant bad mood and ready to fight at all times.

And, this is what is overlooked by most of the Conservative media shit. It wants to keep the decisiveness going because it makes money for them and it works. Most of the conservative women that have appeared on the show are coming in with an attitude to fight because of their misperceived nonsense. Ann Coulter, Pirro, McCain, even Condoleezza Rice, etc Mostly all of them come in to do battle. However, you do have the Conservative women that appear on the show who can stand on and defend their beliefs without being defensive. Their attitudes provide very good discussion and thinking. I enjoyed the recent appearance by Mia Love and Carly Fiorina,

by Anonymousreply 185October 22, 2021 1:32 PM

They need to drop the conservative martyr seat. It’s just so 2000s now. Everyone knows that republicans are crooks and everything is a lie with them. They have to attack and divert. There is no substance to their arguments.

Trying to do the conservative/liberal thing is so outdated.

by Anonymousreply 186October 22, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]Trying to do the conservative/liberal thing is so outdated

I don't know. But, you might have a point, though. It feels forced. Interesting to me is that no one has mentioned Elisabeth Hasselbeck. IMHO, this was when "The View" initially hit its political stride and became known as a "must see" for current politics. Joy and Elisabeth would get into many debates over Obama and the the POTUS run in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 187October 22, 2021 1:41 PM

Would someone put together a montage of Mrs Domenech damning people who write tell all books?

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 188October 22, 2021 2:09 PM

"Toxicity sells on the right. Victimhood sells on the right."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 22, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote]The only thing that made me happy with McCain was his thumbs down vote on dismantling Obamacare

I don't know why McCain gets so much credit for this. He only gave it the thumbs down because Republicans didn't follow procedure. In fact, a few weeks later he voted for a reconciliation bill that essentially gutted Obamacare by removing the individual mandate. Had Republicans followed normal order for the so called ,skinny repeal' the McCain's vote would have beem different. He's no hero on Obamacare, people forget that he killed it two weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 190October 22, 2021 2:57 PM

Every time a troubled or unpopular co-host leaves The View they seem to be given the option of saying it was by their own choice. I figured MM was let go. She had so much bad press. People simply did not like her. OTOH, Cindy McCain can come on and people like her. She is reasonable and very likable, something her daughter will never measure up to.

by Anonymousreply 191October 22, 2021 3:06 PM

She has a lot of audacity, I'll give her that. Anyone who has watched the View could tell you that Megan CONSTANTLY rolled her eyes at people and certain topics, monopolized speaking time, (let me finish!) talked over people, and was in a pissy, angry mood ALL the damn time! Yet she left because others were too toxic?! What a fucking joke!! She is definitely a Republican through and through. Lies all the time, rewrites history, and does not see reality.

by Anonymousreply 192October 22, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]Lies all the time, rewrites history, and does not see reality.

And THAT is why she married Ben.

by Anonymousreply 193October 22, 2021 5:16 PM

R193 "my husband never tweeted that he would never want to date me! Nope!"

by Anonymousreply 194October 22, 2021 6:45 PM

If you think everyone around you is an asshole, the asshole is you.

by Anonymousreply 195October 22, 2021 6:53 PM

Yes, this is real:

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.” At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.” In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.” She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!

by Anonymousreply 196October 22, 2021 8:42 PM

R196 I'm sure Ben Domeneh still adores him.

by Anonymousreply 197October 22, 2021 8:50 PM

Ben Domenech swallows.

by Anonymousreply 198October 22, 2021 8:51 PM

How is his last name pronounced

by Anonymousreply 199October 22, 2021 8:58 PM

Thanks for the publicity boomer.

My new (Link to audible)

by Anonymousreply 200October 22, 2021 9:08 PM

The View has gone completely to shit since the Kamala Harris incident. It was in the toilet with the Princess, but the Harris stunt finished off what little credibility they had left.

The other day they were discussing the Parkland survivors wanting the death penalty for the shooter. Joy and Ana were were saying that the penalty was necessary, while Sara tried to say there was a different way to go about it. Whoopi proceeds to go off on some tangent about people who beat the elderly up and that they should be thrown into prison and have someone come in once a day and beat them up. Sara just stares off into space as Joy gives Ana a WTF is she talking about? look.

by Anonymousreply 201October 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Guess who she is best friends with? Erika Giradi.

by Anonymousreply 202October 22, 2021 11:58 PM

She's a useless gasbag - get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 203October 23, 2021 12:03 AM

Useless gasbags are more useful, r203.

by Anonymousreply 204October 23, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote]It’s hard to take Megan McCain’s complaints about civility seriously knowing that she’s married to this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Domenech is so nauseating in every way. It's almost a positive that he and Megan are married. I would feel terrible under any other circumstances for their spouses but they truly are vile kindred spirits. Though I imagine the inevitable divorce will be epically nasty. Everything about him screams that he's the type of guy to dump her for some barely legal 18 or 19 year old. I wonder if My Father McCain did anything to protect her assets ahead of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 206October 25, 2021 11:25 PM

McCain's husband is a douchebag of the lowest order.

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2021 12:16 AM

I wonder who ghost wrote that book for her. No damn way in Hell that lazy bitch pumped out a book this fast after leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2021 12:18 AM

It's pathologically insane that she rushed into marriage just so she could do it while her father was alive.

by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2021 2:08 AM

What a coincidence her book just so happened to come out right after she left….

This was so orchestrated.

by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2021 2:10 AM

She’s the toxic one. She was so unpleasant to watch. Always nasty, lying, gaslighting, doing that talking super fast so she can spew every Heritage/Federalist talking point she can. She projects.

by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2021 2:39 AM

When someone thinks an environment is toxic and everyone disagrees, then YOU were the toxic person.

by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2021 2:42 AM

She and that piece of work husband of hers deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 213October 26, 2021 3:13 AM

So Meggie has gone on to be an anti-Semitic warrior.

This week, the white supremacists in SC are going to civil court to defend their "Jews will not replace us" high jinks.

As the newly awarded vanguard of the JDL, how does this square with her racist White Supremacist husband?

by Anonymousreply 214October 26, 2021 5:24 AM

It isn't a book. It's her talking. (an audio book)

I guess she couldn't write it down. They just started recording her and she blabbed for hours.

by Anonymousreply 215October 26, 2021 7:19 AM

So she's still blaming everyone else for her problems? Surprise, surprise.

R211 R212 Exactly!!!

by Anonymousreply 216October 26, 2021 8:22 AM

R214 But you see he’s Puerto Rican or Cuban so he CAN’T be a white supremacist!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that doesn’t fly but Megs uses that excuse.

She thinks we should give her points for hating the former president.

by Anonymousreply 217October 26, 2021 10:43 AM

I saw an interview clip on YouTube where it seems that she is backing off of her more salacious points of her book. She throws out; "Oh! It's only one chapter", etc. I suppose the blowback that she's received from many on the internet and elsewhere has gotten to her a bit.

by Anonymousreply 218October 26, 2021 10:48 AM

She 100% voted for T****

by Anonymousreply 219October 26, 2021 10:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 26, 2021 11:27 AM

R43 SURE. It was SIMPLY the difference in opinion that they couldn't handle. Not the petulant, hyper-aggressive, entitled behavior oozing out of Meghan McCain's pores.

by Anonymousreply 221October 26, 2021 11:35 AM

r217, thanks for checking in Little Marco.

by Anonymousreply 222October 26, 2021 1:47 PM

Gurrrl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 26, 2021 4:36 PM

^ LOL. She really has backed off her most salacious points. Now she says she has no problems with the other co-hosts.

by Anonymousreply 224October 26, 2021 5:08 PM

It’s so obvious that Meghan was the problem at The View. Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 225October 26, 2021 6:04 PM

r223 like they are asking her back? I think they would dig up Barbara first..or god forbid have Rosie back.

by Anonymousreply 226October 26, 2021 6:25 PM

How soon will they invite MAGAt meg back on the show?

by Anonymousreply 227October 26, 2021 7:50 PM

R223 Looks like her PR rep finally sat her down and told her she needs to tone it the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 228October 26, 2021 8:00 PM

During Meghan's appearance w Sean Hannity, they showed two The View clips to validate Meghan's claim of how rude and mean they were to her, (and of course, Hannity flamed the fire). What they didn't show was 1 minute before the clip started which showed how Meghan rudely interrupted Joy while she was talking, and the 1 minute before the Whoopi clip where Whoopi was diplomatically attempting to warn Meghan to wrap it up because of commercial break. How Meghan was just ignoring Whoopi and getting louder like a spoiled brat cunt.

Fox excels at creative editing.

by Anonymousreply 229October 26, 2021 8:04 PM

Yeah, this fat, loudmouth heifer can eat my shorts.

Is she angling for a show with her repulsive, low-IQ, conspiracy theorist fucking wackjob husband?

We have that to look forward to...

by Anonymousreply 230October 26, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote]Is she angling for a show with her repulsive, low-IQ, conspiracy theorist fucking wackjob husband?

That's what makes the money and keep most of these people relevant. I don't know if M2 believes the stuff she spews. Maybe, on some level she does. But, IMHO, she's only a Republican because her father was a Republican and that is how she has been raised. There is no independent thoughts about her. She is clearly a "party before country" type but has deluded herself into thinking that she is patriotic.

It's not surprising that she immediately jumped on the bandwagon of "Conservative women are terrorized" scenario. That is what sells and the right-wing media attempted to push that angle of her nonsense. But, there was the audiences of "The View" that witnessed her abhorrent behavior on the show. The backlash has been swift and harsh. The internet let it be known to her that "it wasn't them but YOU!" Like many of her age, she is very "controlled" (for lack of a better word) by social media. So, when her "piece of shit" whatever broke and she and the right-wing tried to push the terrorized conservative woman bullshit it didn't fly. To save whatever reputation that she thinks she has, and those "liberals" who she considers as friends, she knows that she had to tone it down.

by Anonymousreply 231October 26, 2021 8:55 PM

Her drop-out husband looks like a Nazi Mr. French.

by Anonymousreply 232October 26, 2021 9:12 PM

This was the 2nd interview M2 did after Hannity. Things have suuuure changed and now she is like R223

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 26, 2021 9:47 PM

Meghan McCain would benefit from a LOT of electroconvulsive therapy.

by Anonymousreply 234October 26, 2021 9:48 PM

Meghan McCain is a shit-stirring, confrontational, antagonistic, entitled, arrogant, offensive piece of shit.

In all of her chatter, audible book, interviews, etc., she never acknowledges that at least some of the problem is her fault. But oh no, it's always someone else's fault because she's the lone, poor Repig against the world. Often times, she's just unappealing and a turn-off, and she never takes responsibility for any of the disagreements and toxicity that she causes.

by Anonymousreply 235October 26, 2021 11:01 PM

Wasn't she fired from FOX?

by Anonymousreply 236October 26, 2021 11:05 PM

A piece of shit spawned from another even worse piece of shit ( John McCain).

by Anonymousreply 237October 26, 2021 11:11 PM

[Quote] wonder if My Father McCain did anything to protect her assets ahead of the marriage.

I'm sure McCain made a good chunk of cash while Senator, but it's Cindy who had the money in the family. She inherited a beverage distributorship (Anhauser Busch among them) so her wealth eclipsed her husband's. I'm sure Cindy has Domenech's number.

by Anonymousreply 238October 26, 2021 11:29 PM

R229 Oh, they take that shit to a new level. In fact, I started watching some of their shows in the afternoon when I'm CNN'd-out on politics just to see FOX's spins. They're a "talented" bunch of there.

by Anonymousreply 239October 27, 2021 1:02 PM

I mean...has it been confirmed that she "quit" or was fired. I can't imagine she would give up THAT gig because she missed Arizona.

The MM supporters on Facebook are vehement that it was her decision.

by Anonymousreply 240October 27, 2021 1:05 PM

Her contract wasn't up. In order for it to be amenable to both sides, she must have been paid out of her contract and given the opportunity to "quit".

by Anonymousreply 241October 27, 2021 4:40 PM

No matter how you spin it...She did not write a book. She vomited into a microphone.

by Anonymousreply 242October 28, 2021 5:25 PM

Who cares if she was fired or chose to leave —- as long as she’s gone! It’s a much more pleasant atmosphere without her sucking the life out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 243October 28, 2021 5:50 PM

Now Abby Huntsman is also saying the environment was toxic. But she's not naming names. Given her falling out with Meghan, though, you can read between the lines that it was Meghan and the producers protecting her.

by Anonymousreply 244October 28, 2021 9:37 PM

She and her gross husband look at act like total boozebags

by Anonymousreply 245October 28, 2021 9:49 PM

R245 They look like the type of couple you see screaming at each other outside of a bar on Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 246October 28, 2021 10:42 PM

An AA/WW meeting.

by Anonymousreply 247October 28, 2021 10:53 PM

🐗🐷🐽

by Anonymousreply 248October 29, 2021 1:38 AM

McCain is best friends with Clay Aiken.

by Anonymousreply 249October 29, 2021 2:52 AM

I wonder why Megunt did not drag Lady G's ass from her closet and throw her under the public bus.

by Anonymousreply 250October 30, 2021 1:53 AM

R244 Yeah, I saw that. Abby Huntsman is/was a moron. Thank God she's history too.

Why is it so difficult to find decent replacements for these people?

My suggestion - which I have recommended for the past couple of years, but they ignore me - - Why not a series of revolving co-hosts. Why have the same stale people every day? Spice things up by bringing in fresh meat for everyone to gnaw on.

by Anonymousreply 251October 30, 2021 7:03 AM

[quote]Now Abby Huntsman is also saying the environment was toxic. But she's not naming names.

She said that long ago and everyone knows that she was talking about Meghan McCain and Brian Teta

[quote][R244] Yeah, I saw that. Abby Huntsman is/was a moron.

I don't think that she is a moron. She just got caught up in Meghan's and Brian's shit. She finally tired of it and quit. M2 probably roped her in early with a; "C'mon, Abby! It's just me and you against these bitches!" type attitude.

M2 has no independent thought(s). She truly is representative of what the Republican party is today. All she did on "The View" was parrot Republican talking points (as she was probably pushed to do by the Republican machinery) Everything is an "us against them" and there must be a battle type of thinking. Just look at the recent Charlie Kirk incident when he was asked by an audience participant; "When do we get to use our guns? When do we get to kill them?" This is the Republican party now. No ideology. No principles. It just about winning and power.

Brian Teta; "We're not looking for people that will cause fights..."

Bull shit!

by Anonymousreply 252October 30, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote] Why is it so difficult to find decent replacements for these people?

Because the republican party is despicable. They don't have any values to uphold. When hiring a republican, it can only go two ways, you hire someone like meghan who outright lies, or you hire someone like Anna, who isn't going to lie and ends up agreeing with the rest of the women 99% of the time

Even Liz Cheney would end up agreeing with the women most of the time

There is no republican party. It's the trump party

by Anonymousreply 253October 30, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote] it can only go two ways, you hire someone like meghan who outright lies, or you hire someone like Anna, who isn't going to lie and ends up agreeing with the rest of the women 99% of the time. Even Liz Cheney would end up agreeing with the women most of the time

EXACTLY!

I was really shocked with Condoleeza Rice's appearance. Here I was expecting something on the line of a Carly Fiorina or even a Gretchen Carlson. But, a Meghan McCain light?

by Anonymousreply 254October 30, 2021 3:16 PM

Cuntoleeza owes everything to stupid, greedy white men.

She knows who butters her toast.

But it WAS shocking for her to spout obvious Trumpublican talking point after talking point.

by Anonymousreply 255October 30, 2021 4:30 PM

condi rice has always been a piece of shit

I wish one of the ladies would have told her that compared to the republican party, the democrats have moved past this

Had the situations been reversed, republicans would have immediately declared the democratic party domestic terrorists/traitors. They'd have had the dem politicians rounded up, and brought to Guantanamo Bay prison.

I also wish they would have also told her she's DAMNED LUCKY to be able to be a guest anywhere because if the situations would have been reversed on 9/11, her ass would still be in jail for ignoring the memo that said, "Osama Bin Ladin plans to attack America, with planes"

by Anonymousreply 256October 30, 2021 4:57 PM

McCain is a pig , just like her father

by Anonymousreply 257October 30, 2021 5:10 PM

^ I think it was a hard guest appearance to do. While I like Sunny, she was clearly primed to tear Condoleeza a new one. Maybe a bit too eager. You could just see it in her body language. But, that would have played 100% into the Conservatives hands and they would have had a field day with it. So, IMHO, Condi was never asked any really tough questions or challenged. The word must have come down from Kimberly Godwin not to "go there". With that said, it was quite clear that Condi came in with a chip on her shoulder (a la Meghan McCain) and was expecting to be attacked and therefore sent a cold and condescending type of attitude to all of the women on the panel. It was awkward to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 30, 2021 5:29 PM

So, Mme. Secretary, what was it like being appointed by a president who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer?

by Anonymousreply 259October 30, 2021 6:11 PM

I missed this thread last week. Why is Meghan making a big deal out of Joy quipping "I didn't miss you at all." A few months before that, didn't Meghan call Joy a "bitch" on air? I think her words to Joy were, "Don't worry about me, bitch."

Meghan is emotionally an adolescent. She intentionally played the character of the "badass girl". Every week, when the ladies talked about how they would spend their weekends, Meghan would proudly announce that she was going to get drunk and shoot her guns. Because that was somehow the American thing to do. Maybe in the Appalachian mountains, but most professional women in their 30s don't brag about getting drunk and acting like college kids and teenagers, whether or not they have kids.

And, she was always referring to her mysterious "friends". A panelist would ask, "Meghan, how do you feel about this topic." And she'd start up, "Lots of my friends are calling me and saying...." She really, really wanted us to know that she had friends. After a while, her "My friends are telling me that..." started to sound a LOT like Trump's "People are saying...."

She was paranoid. The ladies would be talking about someone in the news, a spoiled person who was handed their career, and Meghan would blow up and think that they were covertly talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 260October 30, 2021 8:26 PM

Fuck Condoleeza Rice. She said on The View she wants to "move on" from the Jan 6 insurrection. Typical Repig.

by Anonymousreply 261October 30, 2021 8:34 PM

The people who have been nastiest to Meghan are Republicans. Her father, though an angry asshole, was respected among Republicans, primarily because of his time in the military.

Then Trump, because of his fragile ego, freaked out when McCain stood up against him, so he tried to turn Republicans against McCain. Suddenly all, of the people who had respected McCain three years before--and had voted for him to be President ten years prior--fell in line behind Trump and trashed McCain on social media. Millions of people blindly followed their bully of a leader and decided to cancel McCain the "war hero". Even his best buddy, Uncle Lindsey, continued to suck up to the bully who was trashing McCain. How could Meghan stay loyal to these people?

Not that John McCain needs any sympathy for being a victim of bullying. This is the man who publicly joked at a fundraiser, 'Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father." Real classy man picking on a CHILD.

by Anonymousreply 262October 30, 2021 8:34 PM

Joy is quick thinking for a woman in her 70s. This 12-second clip will endear her to me forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 30, 2021 8:36 PM

I like people who don't get captured

by Anonymousreply 264October 30, 2021 8:36 PM

Megan's deal is she watched her father treat everyone around him viciously for years and be fawned over in return. She expects the same treatment. I think another factor in her entitlement is the media really hyped her back in 2008 when she embarked on her " writing career". The Washington post published some nauseating op ed declaring that Megan was the sensible new face of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 265October 30, 2021 8:44 PM

She set herself up for the takedown by imposing her view on Joy with that cling-worthy line insisting Joy must have missed arguing with her. You can't be gritty and needy at the same time. That's the problem with many tv conservatives who do it for show without any real backbone.

by Anonymousreply 266October 30, 2021 8:46 PM

Look... This girl's own father even fired her because she is such a spoiled bitch. She can't change that now. She's too old. People want(ed) her because they assumed that she had connections to all the important people who mattered in the Republican party and also that she was the daughter of John McCain. But, the "Senator McCain's daughter" shtick got old very quickly and whatever connections that people thought she had were not as important as they and she thought they were.

by Anonymousreply 267October 30, 2021 8:49 PM

but there were tears, r261. She cried actual tears. Two, maybe three. So it's all good. Let's just, yaknow, move on, you guys, what?

by Anonymousreply 268October 30, 2021 9:16 PM

While on the View, she mentioned multiple times that she had a copy of the US Constitution on her nightstand. I guess it was in a book format, and she read it like it was a bible. Her fetichism of US patriotism was creepy. It's like she thought the constitution was the Bible, and her dad was Jesus in the New Testament. Who was she trying to impress with that tidbit. You know she does it JUST so she can brag about doing it. When I hear that she keeps it on her nightstand, the image that pops into my mind is her making her husband read it to her while she furiously operates a vibrator on herself, and then her reading it to her husband while he bangs away as they try to create more (Republican) Americans.

by Anonymousreply 269October 30, 2021 9:21 PM

I suspect that she spends an inordinate amount of time and energy trying to impress that nasty husband of hers, which is ironic because he will undoubtedly eventually dump her for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 270October 30, 2021 9:25 PM

That is really the thing r269, that stupid loving the symbol and nothing else that wingnuts go in for. If she honestly read it, studied it, and the Federalist Papers, and maybe the letters of Jefferson and Adams, yeah, that would be kind of interesting and impressive. But just having it like a little totem next to the bed or in her pocket or whatever. Useless, like the patriotism of most wingnuts is just completely useless.

And no, wingnuts, not just the fucking second amendment, the whole damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 271October 30, 2021 9:38 PM

The whole thing about her having the constitution next to her bed and pictures of the founding fathers on the wall etc is just a hilariously juvenile attempt by her to signal to everyone that she is the "uber American" and therefore her opinions should matter, more than everyone else's.

[quote] It's like she thought the constitution was the Bible, and her dad was Jesus in the New Testament.

Exactly! (the last piece of your post R269 made me laugh to tears, as revolting an image as that is, haha!)

This woman announced on her first day that she admired Elisabeth Hasselbeck and was intimating she wanted her own split screen with Joy. She was nasty, combative, refused to listen to others, behaved like a spoiled brat, and true to form once other people stood up to her terrible behaviour she clutched her pearls and screamed: "How can you SAY that? Can everyone see how bullied I'm being?!"

There was a funny Twitter feed a few years back written by people who had been to school with her and how awful she was. One girl said Meghan was copying her work during a test, and this girl was the one who got in trouble for covering up her paper. That's the kind of privilege a McCain has, and Meghan still cries all the time about what a victim she is.

by Anonymousreply 272October 30, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]It's like she thought the constitution was the Bible, and her dad was Jesus in the New Testament.

BINGO! It's the same. It's the same as the fanatical religious person who has no idea what Christianity (for example) is about. One goes to such a person's house the door mat reads "Welcome, In Jesus's name." You say "hello" or "good morning" the reply is; "Yes, our Lord has blessed us with a beautiful day, praise the Lord." You go to bathroom and "I love Jesus" plays from the fuckin' toilet dispenser as you unroll it. But, this is the same person that will prevent you from having free-will, freedoms, and choice.

by Anonymousreply 273October 30, 2021 9:56 PM

Remember a couple of years ago, when Elisabeth was a guest on the View to promote her book?

Meghan was so attention seeking, even when she was kissing Elisabeth's ass. Joy revealed that the difference between Elisabeth and Meghan was that Elisabeth only fought with the panelists ON stage but not backstage. Basically, Elisabeth was likeable when the cameras stopped rolling. Sounds like Meghan wasn't likable in front of or behind the camera. Elisabeth very, very subtly says that when you disagree with other panelists, you should avoid being an asshole because you'll have to face the same people the next day when you come in to work. She was so subtle about it Meghan probably didn't realize it was a dig at her.

Elisabeth had obviously become even more religious (if that's possible). "God", "God", "God"...... She sounds like a fucking fanatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 30, 2021 10:33 PM

Abby Huntsman (remember her, the other conservative) just spoke yesterday about the hostile work environment at The View.

by Anonymousreply 275October 31, 2021 6:51 AM

Abby described herself as a moderate.

by Anonymousreply 276October 31, 2021 6:55 AM

the link I read about Abby in had video of Sara and Whoopi leaving the show and a reporter asking about what Meghan said. Sara is all smiles. Loves The View, liked Meghan gets out of the questions with ease.

Whoopi (OMG she's huge, she must have eat a pie an hour during lockdown.) Says she hasn't time to think about Meghan because she's worried about her hip and her back and foot. She walks with a cane now. (insert lesbian joke here)

by Anonymousreply 277October 31, 2021 7:00 AM

I loved how they seated fat meghan at the end of the desk, so everyone could see how fat she is

Elizabeth is seriously religious. Talking about being prideful and God taking her on a path reminds me of how some of the hardest, hardcore Alcoholic's Anonymous members talk.

I've noticed a lot of my female friends, coworkers & old classmates who are the same age as Elizabeth have turned really openly religious in the past 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 278October 31, 2021 7:16 AM

R277 Whoopi is indeed FATTER than ever. Enormous. Does it occur to her why she has health issues? Lose about 250 lbs, dear.

by Anonymousreply 279October 31, 2021 9:50 AM

Nope. It never occurred to her that she has health issues R279

by Anonymousreply 280October 31, 2021 6:01 PM

(Clip is10 min)

But, I disagree with Ana... which is VERY rare...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2021 12:06 AM

Elisabeth Hasslebeck is repulsive. And that nauseating religious tone she exhibited the last time she was on The View was sickening and fake. She had never demonstrated "the Lord and Jesus" to the extreme that she had during that last visit to the table. Hasslebeck is full of shit and hate.

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2021 12:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 2, 2021 1:46 AM

Yet more confirmation that Meghan was indeed the difficult one. Good riddance!!

by Anonymousreply 284November 2, 2021 1:52 AM

It was funny to see Joy take a lock and throw away the key.

by Anonymousreply 285November 2, 2021 3:40 AM

Today Whoopi kicked off the show by saying what a joy it is to come in and work with the women at the table. She never said that a few months ago!

by Anonymousreply 286November 2, 2021 6:01 AM

That's when Joy took a lock.

Hilarious FU to the Domenech woman while she is promoting her audio rantings.

Two weeks and gone with the news cycle.

She is, factually, yesterday's news.

by Anonymousreply 287November 2, 2021 12:45 PM

What is going to hurt most about that clip is Sunny confirming "It is good." In the past several months, Meghan and Sunny had started texting each other in a friendly way outside of work. We know this because Meghan kept mentioning it during the show, making sure that we knew about it.

by Anonymousreply 288November 2, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote]Meghan kept mentioning it

Meghan mentions a lot of shit but that is what most of it is.... SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 289November 2, 2021 3:16 PM

I've known several toxic women that always spouted off about "having friends". They don't have friends.

by Anonymousreply 290November 2, 2021 5:09 PM

Meghan was always referring to her mysterious "friends". A panelist would ask, "Meghan, how do you feel about this topic." And she'd start up, "Lots of my friends are calling me and saying...." She really, really wanted us to know that she had friends. After a while, her "My friends are telling me that..." started to sound a LOT like Trump's "People are saying...."

by Anonymousreply 291November 2, 2021 5:11 PM

R291, I guarantee you that she's been in arguments with people and they have said to her, "you don't have any friends'

Evidently it really touched a nerve because she was always trying to prove to the world that she 'has friends'

by Anonymousreply 292November 2, 2021 5:28 PM

Her 'friends' are also a convenient way for her to try and claim her opinions have wider agreement than just her, too.

by Anonymousreply 293November 2, 2021 7:42 PM

Do you think any of her "friends" know John McCain was her father??

by Anonymousreply 294November 2, 2021 9:31 PM

Why no, R294, how would they know that? It's not as if the fat cow would moo about it at every possible opportunity. That would make her a trashy, tacky bitch trying to ride on her dead father's coattails.

by Anonymousreply 295November 2, 2021 10:03 PM

The family portrait...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 2, 2021 10:16 PM

The View has vastly improved since the departure of McCain. She was the toxic one. Glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 297November 2, 2021 10:35 PM

"Everyone else was the problem, not me,"

by Anonymousreply 298November 2, 2021 11:05 PM

R296 She looks like a bordello whore and he looks like her sadistic and abusive john. If that's what they were going for in terms of costume I guess it was a success.

by Anonymousreply 299November 2, 2021 11:08 PM

He looks like a feral hog.

by Anonymousreply 300November 2, 2021 11:43 PM

She looks pregnant r296

by Anonymousreply 301November 4, 2021 8:28 AM

She does!

by Anonymousreply 302November 4, 2021 8:30 AM

It's like pigs complaining about the mud in a pigsty.

by Anonymousreply 303November 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Cunt is a compliment to this mess of a Rethuglican.

by Anonymousreply 304November 4, 2021 8:43 AM

First of all, it’s interesting to see so many if you being misogynistic towards a woman you don’t know and don’t like. It’s one thing to not like a public figure but…calling MM cunt and other names like you personally have a bone to pick with her is all kinds of wrong.

Second, Meghan is no more bitchy than any of the other hosts of the View. She was hired as the anti-Trump conservative. To me Joy and Whoopi should’ve tried being better sports about her conservative views given 1) that’s why she’s there and 2) she’s actually the most basic version of a Republican you can find. I could easily put together a montage of MM dissenting with her party over various topics. You couldn’t put together two minutes of Joy or Whoopi saying something negative about Democrats or the Left in general.

People say she interrupts. Uh, it’s a discussion based show. Again, I think it’s this thing where liberals don’t want to admit they’re liberal do instead they lean into petty matters of cough. It’s rude when the rich chubby white girl interjects and contradicts what one of the cranky stodgy liberal women has to say. In reality MM would generally wait her turn and have the least to say in any particular segment.

And it’s like this: put a moderate leftist on a panel full of talking points/FOX News parrots and see how well they come across to a predominantly conservative audience. They would probably seem annoying and contrary and rude too.

All that said, I don’t really feel bad for Meghan. She saw that even when splitting her time between Republican commentator and prissy white woman who was just shell shocked over every one of Trump’s tweets they still gave her the business. Should’ve just kept it real and let them be mad instead of trying to be their friends.

by Anonymousreply 305November 4, 2021 10:08 AM

I wonder what show you were watching R305. It couldn't have been The View seasons when Meghan was on the panel. Your 'View' is strangely skewed.

by Anonymousreply 306November 4, 2021 10:18 AM

The View is so much better without that fat slob on it.

by Anonymousreply 307November 4, 2021 10:23 AM

[quote]In reality MM would generally wait her turn and have the least to say in any particular segment.

LIES!

by Anonymousreply 308November 4, 2021 10:29 AM

Meghan didn't just interrupt on occasion, she barely let anyone else speak, she responded to everything the others said with huge faked offence, screaming and yelling all the time. No one could have a decent conversation because she would ruin it every time. It was like adults at the table trying to talk with someone's bratty 6 year old sitting there. Anyone who claims otherwise never saw the show.

by Anonymousreply 309November 4, 2021 11:24 AM

Meghan steamrolled over everyone’s time and didn’t just express her ‘View’ she wanted to wrestle everyone onto the mat and force them into her view or exhaust them into defeat. This cunt can’t listen to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 310November 4, 2021 12:35 PM

[quote] In reality MM would generally wait her turn and have the least to say in any particular segment.

She definitely interrupted. A LOT. At a certain point it became so much that she was told she would always get a chance to speak, but to wait until everyone else was done. That's why she would frequently say "Can I speak now?" or Whoopi would say "Do you have anything to add, Meghan?" That was designed to stop her CONSTANT interrupting. That being said, when Meghan was arguing with Joy and said "Oh, you know you missed fighting with me, Joy," it was clear Meghan was trying to lighten the mood in a heated moment. I thought Joy's response of "I missed you zero" was actually really uncalled—and I generally like Joy.

Also, while I'm sure she was a nightmare behind the scenes, I actually sort of liked Meghan on the show--at least she said something different from the other women or frequently added a new angle on things. That's one of my main issues with Sunny. I agree with her on lots of issues, but she just says the same things over and over again. For example, she's commented that some people are "tired of her talking about race" but really they're tired of her saying the *exact same things* about race in every episode. For example, she keeps insisting they don't want to teach history in schools. This week's conservative guest host said that's not true—that she learned about slavery, segregation, etc. in school. Clearly Sunny means something different when she says "history," but instead of realizing that her message isn't getting through, she just continued to say "they don't want to teach history." Okay, sure, whatever.

Also, I will take Meghan over someone like Elisabeth Hasselbeck any day. At least Meghan sometimes displayed a sense of humor. That's far more than I can say about Hasselbeck who clutched her pearls at every turn and literally never deviated from Republican talking points. Meghan would, of course, bring up Republican talking points, but it was sometimes clear she didn't necessarily agree with them—instead, she'd note that "this how the other side sees it" or that she was looking at "the politics" of a situation. I actually appreciated that she told me what Fox News might be saying without me having to watch Fox News. Hasselbeck on the other hand would argue every right wing talking point like it was the gospel and literally never displayed a single independent.

by Anonymousreply 311November 4, 2021 2:12 PM

The best thing about MM and EH was that Hassleblech was all Jesus, 24/7. As a transactional Christian Moogan was more about the talking points. Poor Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 312November 4, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] That being said, when Meghan was arguing with Joy and said "Oh, you know you missed fighting with me, Joy," it was clear Meghan was trying to lighten the mood in a heated moment. I thought Joy's response of "I missed you zero" was actually really uncalled—and I generally like Joy.

I disagree. When I heard what M2 said it came across to me as her usual sarcastic, cunty, self. Joy threw it right back at her and only told the truth. For this snowflake (who has no problem calling others snowflakes) then to run back to her dressing room in tears and vomiting all over the place because ;"Mommy, they don't like me", just shows how pathetic she was and is. Such a "tough" gal...

by Anonymousreply 313November 4, 2021 5:26 PM

Joy told the truth.

by Anonymousreply 314November 4, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote]This week's conservative guest host said that's not true—that she learned about slavery, segregation, etc. in school.

I'm sure she did learn about the War of Northern Aggression and that the war was never about slavery... rather "the workers" but was always about State's rights.

by Anonymousreply 315November 4, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote] I'm sure she did learn about the War of Northern Aggression and that the war was never about slavery

And if that's the case that's obviously wrong and needs to be changed. But that's not what Sunny says—instead she just blurts out vague woke talking points about "history." Today when she was talking about CRT being a wedge issue in VA, even Ana said "when you want to define everybody as racist, people find it condescending and offensive." But the all knowing Sunny refused to even acknowledge Ana's point.

by Anonymousreply 316November 4, 2021 6:35 PM

Megan's tv career is deader than her scumbag father.

by Anonymousreply 317November 4, 2021 7:16 PM

I'm totally going to hell, but someone on Twitter awhile back posted a picture of Meghan crying over her dad's coffin with a picture of cheering Vietnamese children behind it, and I laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

by Anonymousreply 318November 4, 2021 7:42 PM

R318 that is hilarious. And don't feel guilty, McCain loved war and it's consequences. Remember him grinning ear to ear and chanting " Bomb, bomb Iran".

by Anonymousreply 319November 4, 2021 8:10 PM

^Oh definitely, R319. That was really gross.

by Anonymousreply 320November 4, 2021 8:14 PM

There only thing Meghan had over Hassle-ass - Meghan's voice was almost listen-to-able, whereas Hassle-ass was like screeching nails on a chalkboard. When EH finally left The View it was a joyous day for me.

by Anonymousreply 321November 4, 2021 8:38 PM

Rumor on the streets is that M2 will be back at FOX any day now. This only confirms my belief that she was fired from ABC

by Anonymousreply 322November 4, 2021 9:20 PM

Just another crazy republican man's daughter USA is full of both

by Anonymousreply 323November 4, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote]But that's not what Sunny says—instead she just blurts out vague woke talking points about "history."

Hmm... I guess you see it simply as "woke" talking points, R316 and that's a luxury of white privilege. But, for people of color--particularly Black people, their true history had been taken and/or hidden from them. Far too many people of color are just learning about Greenwood, the truth about Reconstruction, and just so many other things. There are whites (many who have never learned of these things themselves) who do not want this history taught or to be reminded of how horrible people can be. The teaching of this history is not an attempt to make white people feel bad for being white. It's to empower everyone so that it can never happen again.

by Anonymousreply 324November 4, 2021 10:04 PM

Sunny was not blurting things out, she was thoughtful and measured.

by Anonymousreply 325November 4, 2021 10:06 PM

I agree, R324. I wish Sunny would articulate the point you're making as well as you just did. But, I watch every day, and she does not.

by Anonymousreply 326November 5, 2021 1:00 AM

Well put, R324!

by Anonymousreply 327November 5, 2021 8:14 AM

[quote]Our sources say new ABC chief, Kim Godwin, did a thorough investigation -- meeting with key stakeholders of the show, like talent and producers -- and in the end, we're told she found Meghan was the source of a lot of the in-fighting that ultimately played out on the show ... something Godwin had to address head-on in an emergency Zoom meeting.

[quote]Meghan McCain is pissing off some of her old bosses with her scathing assessment of her tortured time on "The View" -- because they believe it's the exact opposite of how she's framing things.

[quote]Sources close to the production tell TMZ ... ABC honchos are furious about Meghan's new memoir, and the subsequent interviews she's recently done -- characterizing "The View" as a toxic work environment, full of coworkers/cohosts who despised her. Our sources tell us Meghan was essentially forced out of her role after an internal investigation into the environment she describes -- which we're told was, in fact, real ... but mostly due to Meghan's behavior on and off camera, not her coworkers' -- other way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 13, 2021 5:09 PM

She got hen pecked by that panel of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 329November 13, 2021 5:11 PM

Anyone could see that Mooghan was the problem.

by Anonymousreply 330November 13, 2021 5:31 PM

This vaginal belch has a book out ALREADY? That's a lot of time in the daylight hours to burn.

Must be nice not to have to work for a living.

by Anonymousreply 331November 13, 2021 5:35 PM

Like Whoopi will tell you, never piss off a skunk.

by Anonymousreply 332November 13, 2021 5:45 PM

R309/R310/R311 Saying all Meghan did was interrupt people is just the acceptable party line for people who don't want to admit they hate her because she's a conservative. Like I said: it's a discussion show. It's not a parlor game of polite conversation. I do think it's rude to interrupt people in the middle of making a point, but on a TV show where there's a finite amount of time between segments, multiple topics to get to, and multiple people tasked to speak, no you can't always "wait your turn". I'm not going to use dinner party etiquette for a TV show. It's not the same thing.

Plus, with the slight exception of Sunny some of the time, what were Whoopi, Sunny, Abby or Ana ever saying that Meghan needed to just shut up about? OK, yes, we get it. You hate Trump, you hate Republicans, Democrats are always right, blah-blah-blah-MSNBC-parrot. Meghan was the only even semi wildcard on the show. Sometimes she would side with the rest of the panel, sometimes she wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 333November 13, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]is just the acceptable party line for people who don't want to admit they hate her because she's a conservative.

BULL SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 334November 13, 2021 6:29 PM

R334 Are you able to string together an actual sentence or do you only speak in NY Post headline speak?

by Anonymousreply 335November 13, 2021 6:37 PM

YES!

NO!

by Anonymousreply 336November 13, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote]people who don't want to admit they hate her because she's a conservative.

Would someone, (other than R333), explain to me what it is to be a Conservative today in the USA? What does that mean? What is the ideology behind it? How can anyone that knows and values doing what is "right" over that which is "wrong", and who also believe in truth, support Trump and the Republican party of today?

by Anonymousreply 337November 13, 2021 7:32 PM

Conservatives are a death cult who gleefully spread disease, lies, and are professional trolls. Oh, and racist, sexist grifter fuckheads.

by Anonymousreply 338November 13, 2021 7:36 PM

R328 thanks for posting that reminder of how toxic Meghan was on The View.

by Anonymousreply 339November 13, 2021 7:45 PM

It is 100 percent worshiping the rich, and 90 percent Trump Cult. There is nothing else going on on the right r337. Some don't like Trump, though it really is a small group, but all are in the cult of wealth and the worship of wealth.

by Anonymousreply 340November 13, 2021 7:55 PM

R74, R75, R76 Abby Huntsman said on a 'View' podcast with Sara that ABC News executives who are no longer at ABC were the deciding factor in her quitting.

Sara said that the women at the show, both cohosts and crew, are a support system for her away from her husband and men in her life, and she said that when she had post-partum panic attacks, a producer on the show told her to take time off and stay home because it was clear she was overwhelmed. She said she is grateful for that kind of support, which she said she has never encountered in the news business.

Abby said "That's...really interesting to hear. I had the opposite experience. It was the deciding factor in my leaving." She emphasized that ABC News has had a major staff turnover and different execs are now in place, but while she was on the show, she got pregnant and then found out she was pregnant with twins and subsequently found a lump in her breast and had to get a biopsy. She had a meltdown and called ABC News executives to ask for time off and she said they told her absolutely not, that she is contractually obligated to show up for work. And she said that was when she made the decision to quit. She said after she decided to quit, she started to love being on the show because she didn't feel pressured to measure up so she wouldn't be fired. She said everyone comes in knowing how frequently hosts are 'rotated in and out' and so she always felt high pressure to say things that worked for TV.

I've listened to all the podcast interviews of former hosts so far and all are candid. Almost all of them, except Abby Huntsman, say something to the effect that their time on The View was the most traumatic time of their lives, and almost all of them say that they were basically baited to come on to be themselves and express their opinions and then got there to find out that they were criticized when their opinions weren't (as Abby Huntsman put it) bombastic enough. She and Sara, who are both accused of being wishy washy, both agreed that they won't compromise their moderate opinions just because audiences and producers feel like having a middle-of-the-road perspective means not having a valid opinion.

I was impressed with Abby in her interview. I assumed she was a nepotism baby like Meghan McCain is because of who her father is, but she worked the overnight shifts at different productions for years and worked for years as a booker, scheduling cars for guests, etc. before she ever got on TV. She and Sara have similar career trajectories, whereas Meghan just bought her art history degree from Columbia and was given an on-air 'political analyst' jobs.

by Anonymousreply 341November 14, 2021 11:34 AM

Some of the cuntiest cunts who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 342November 14, 2021 11:36 AM

[quote] The View was the most traumatic time of their lives, and almost all of them say that they were basically baited to come on to be themselves and express their opinions and then got there to find out that they were criticized when their opinions weren't (as Abby Huntsman put it) bombastic enough.

And, that line just goes to show you that it was BULL SHIT when Brian Teta said that "The View" did not want the fights like those of the "Real Housewives'. That's EXACTLY what they wanted and that is why Meghan McCain lasted as long as she did. But, here's the catch-22... bratty, childish, and bombastic behavior IS Meghan McCain's true attitude and personality on screen and off. Most people are not like that which is why Cameron Bure and Jedidiah Bilah (who was screwed royally without Vaseline) did not last. But, that's not what the audience wants. The audience wants to hear genuine debate. But, that's not what gets the publicity ie social media and even many newscasts and other media.

by Anonymousreply 343November 14, 2021 12:49 PM

Real and true Conservatives (whatever that now means) won't book the show because they can't defend this mess of Trump and today's Republicans. They find themselves agreeing more with Whoopi and Joy. That's an anathema to whoever is running this campaign of divisiveness. Just look at the recent Condoleeza Rice appearance where she promoted the Republican strategy and said that it was time to move on from January 6th. The woman had to spend a week in trying to explain what she really meant to convey. Uh-huh...

If you are a "today's Conservative/Republican" the "whoevers are expecting you to show up at The View with guns drawn and ready to fight to the death. Remember that Piro woman's interview? Whoopi said something as simple as "Good Morning" and Piro shot back with an attitude of "What's good about it? It's raining". The interview just went downhill from that point. But, this is what the FOX (and similar media) and their audiences wants. However, it isn't what the majority of viewers and audiences want to see.

by Anonymousreply 344November 14, 2021 1:07 PM

Jed remains likable despite having become a Fox News Stepford creeper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 14, 2021 2:56 PM

Odd how The View's Kamala debacle has been forgotten.

Testa's dumb remark of "it's a tease" was so odd.

by Anonymousreply 346November 15, 2021 3:06 AM

I have no idea who half of these women are on the View. I know Whoopi, Joy, used to know Megan McCain, and Ana someone a Republican who hates Trump and is fabulous. I remember from names from the old days but it's never been a show I watched.

I've only seen Megan a few times on the show. Each time she was humorless, defensive, immature, shallow, ignorant of the facts and loudly unpleasant. Whatever issues anyone had with anyone else on the show I can (and do) absolutely believe it was that cunt Megan who was the root of a lot of those problems.

Life is too short to deal with people like her. Fuck that fat, ugly, mean Megan McCain and her fat, ugly, mean husband. Give them a duo act on Fux and let's watch their relationship unravel on the air.

by Anonymousreply 347November 15, 2021 3:37 AM

Meghan was a rude cunt. I couldn't care less about her views. I enjoyed Jedidiah Bila on the show because she could articulate a point without screaming at her co-hosts. She's a mean girl.

The View podcast is fascinating. I am really surprised that everybody is so candid about virtually everything. Most of them also said that they came away from The View as better people because they were far more confident in being able to express their opinions and stand up for themselves. You have to on that show, or you will get run over.

Other tidbits: everybody absolutely adores Whoppi and, to a less gushing extent, Joy. The year Rosie came back was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 348November 15, 2021 6:15 AM

Rosie’s pussy stunk!

by Anonymousreply 349November 15, 2021 9:24 AM

I felt so bad for Jedidiah Bila. They fired her literally a week after she signed a new contract after McCunt suddenly became available. Jed was doing fine. If it’s not broken why does the view like to fix it??

by Anonymousreply 350November 15, 2021 2:11 PM

The firing of Jed seemed to many of us to have had something to do with Hillary Clinton, because Clinton was on the show and afterward it leaked that she and her team were furious because they cleared all the questions in advance and Jed spung an impromptu question that was not planned, and then she was fired. If the firing wasn't really related to that, then the execs really fucked up the timing. They wouldn't have had to fire her so abruptly just to bring in McCain. They could have brought her in at any time and given Jed at least a week to save face.

On the podcast, she says she found out she was fired by a reporter who called to ask if it was true. She laughed and said no. Then she called Sunny in a panic. Sunny was at a wedding and called her back and she laughed and said it wasn't true. Then they found out it was true and Sunny expected she was about to be fired because she hadn't gotten any intel about Jed and she said she prepares and carries out interviews in the same way.

I would call that a toxic working environment. Jedediah Bila was fired with no warning and no explanation and her coworkers were in the dark about it and felt insecure about their own jobs as a result. I've been in offices like that and everyone gets paranoid and tries to get out in case they are in danger and don't know it.

by Anonymousreply 351November 15, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote] Jed was doing fine. If it’s not broken why does the view like to fix it??

It's out there that Jed had the lowest Q-Rating of any permanent host that had ever appeared on The View. I personally liked her. They were planning on firing her anyway. But, that still does not excuse the awful way in which ABC handled that matter. I still believe that once FOX fired Meghan (it's still unverified if that is what really happened but she has been fired from every other place) that ABC jumped on the "opportunity" because of the upcoming elections.

by Anonymousreply 352November 15, 2021 2:29 PM

Jed was definitely fired after the Hilary interview. Guess she asked the wrong question.

by Anonymousreply 353November 15, 2021 4:29 PM

While I may not agree with Jed on most things, she was able to present opposing views without hostility like Meghan. Jed wasn't generating enough conflict and drama. The View has thrived on drama since Rosie and Elizabeth Hasselback.

by Anonymousreply 354November 15, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]The firing of Jed seemed to many of us to have had something to do with Hillary Clinton, because Clinton was on the show and afterward it leaked that she and her team were furious because they cleared all the questions in advance and Jed spung an impromptu question that was not planned, and then she was fired. If the firing wasn't really related to that, then the execs really fucked up the timing.

[quote]Jed was definitely fired after the Hilary interview. Guess she asked the wrong question.

On her interview with Jenny McCarthy on her radio show, Jed herself said that this wasn't the reason she was fired.

by Anonymousreply 355November 15, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] On her interview with Jenny McCarthy on her radio show, Jed herself said that this wasn't the reason she was fired.

Well she better deny it.

by Anonymousreply 356November 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Megan's biggest problem in terms of being a TV personality was not so much her odious politics ( which like it or not are shared by about half of America) but her severe lack of social skills. Normal people understand when to dial it the fuck back. Like when the news about Kathy Griffin's cancer surgery came up and she immediately snapped something along the lines of " I always disliked her". Even the biggest right wing bottle blonde bitch ( other than Megan) could have managed at least a feigned sympathetic comment. Something like " I disagree with her far left views but wish her luck with her treatment , blah blah blah". Her father was the same way. Just full of unrelenting spite and bile. Kind of an exhausting way to live but some people are like that.

by Anonymousreply 357November 15, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote]Like when the news about Kathy Griffin's cancer surgery came up and she immediately snapped something along the lines of " I always disliked her".

But yet, Meghan cries and vomits all over the place when Joy Behar let's her know that she wasn't missed...

by Anonymousreply 358November 15, 2021 10:00 PM

R355 I wasn't suggesting the Clinton theory is true, but that it was a really sloppy and suspicion-inducing move by ABC to fire her how and when they did. The people at ABC News who need to be fired are in the personnel department. They have such a cutthroat operation and are so obvious about it.

by Anonymousreply 359November 15, 2021 10:17 PM

Poor Whoopi has gone the way of André Leon Talley. She wears A LOT of caftans now. BUT! She now gains a place here on DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360November 15, 2021 10:20 PM

Meghan is unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 361November 15, 2021 10:51 PM

Whoopie likes to be comfortable. She's cool.

by Anonymousreply 362November 15, 2021 11:02 PM

Poor thing, she inherited her father's temperament along with his looks. And with her mother's wealth, she's got an outsized sense of entitlement as well. This pretty much explains why she is unhappy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 363November 15, 2021 11:25 PM

Whoopi has the great name because she farts all the time. Co-hosts have asked to get away from her because of her smelly farts.

by Anonymousreply 364November 15, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote]Meghan is unlikeable.

Meghan McCain: People Think I’m ‘Spoiled, Entitled Queen of Nepotism’

Meghan McCain is no stranger to controversy, tough questions, and being put on the spot. And so while we’ve been best friends for years, I’ve rarely come to her defense publicly because, frankly, she doesn’t need me to. But in advance of the release of her new Audible memoir, Bad Republican, I knew I could ask her some blunt questions, even uncomfortable ones, about her time at The View, the public’s perception of her, her marriage to a provocative right-wing media personality, motherhood, and even her love of fast-casual food chains.

-So why did you leave The View?

I was unhappy for a while. These haven’t been easy times, since basically President Trump got elected. And then my dad was diagnosed with glioblastoma brain cancer, which has a survival rate median of 14 months. Best bet, you’ll probably get nine. It’s a very dangerous and deadly brain cancer, and he didn’t actually die quickly, but he sort of lost his ability to function quickly. And then I felt like, and I talk about this in [Bad Republican], that I became more of a caricature to people in the media and the world and on camera. I felt like when I would go home to Phoenix, there were girls that go to my high school approaching me at La Grande Orange and they would be like, “We love you, you’re speaking for us.” And that felt really good. And then like so many things do with so many women, after I had a baby it just changed, and my life perspective changed.

But I expected to go back to The View like I had always done everything there, which was like a hardass. And I went back, I think it was five or six weeks after my dad died, with bereavement leave, and then I just pushed through, even though I was emotionally just a fucking mess.

-Did you ever worry about getting canceled while you were on The View?

Daily. Yes. I always prepped really hard before The View, really hard, like starting when I first woke up super-early in the morning, and I would prep very hard with my producer. But you always worry about making a mistake. I said a few things off the cuff that ended up totally, brutally coming back to bite me, and are still used everywhere. Some co-hosts before me did way worse, so that made me feel a little better.

-But The View’s always been known, in the 25 years that it’s been on, for its backstage personality clashes. Do you think you got it worse than others?

I think all conservative women on that show get it worse. I mean, Candace Cameron Bure just gave an interview two days ago talking about how she has post-traumatic stress syndrome from working at The View. I believe her. I believe people when they say that this is very, very serious.

by Anonymousreply 365November 15, 2021 11:44 PM

-Why do people have this princess impression of you?

I’m very aware of this, like, spoiled, entitled queen of nepotism persona that is out there. Some of it I think is, I didn’t always react my best on air on The View. To my defense, neither did anyone else, everybody’s just watching me react badly the most and making the most of it.

I think partly Saturday Night Live parodies have this way of becoming reality. I’ve seen it so many times with Sarah Palin, Hillary Clinton. The stereotypes of who you are become true. Bush being an idiot. I still think Alex Trebek is someone who celebrities hated. Sometimes the parody is the person, and I think that probably played a factor, too. People really loved it when SNL dunked on me, and it was not flattering or kind. And, by the way, they were pretty nice to the rest of the [View] cast, just not great to me.

I feel like I have a pretty healthy sense of humor. But I think if people knew what it has done to me mentally, emotionally, the toll it’s taken on me, the depression that has followed … just the dark spirals. I felt like for a while that I was just the laughing stock of the country. And it’s not true or fair or accurate, but when you’re your worst critic in your head, it’s very hard.

-OK, tell me about life after The View.

Life after The View is much less stressful. I’m much happier in my day-to-day. I’ve really been enjoying, as cheesy as it sounds, just cooking for my family, taking care of [one-year-old daughter] Liberty, getting back into writing a column.

-Shifting gears to national politics. How does this end for the GOP? What’s next for Trump and the party?

When it comes to 2024, I mean, every indicator is he’s going to run. I fear for what that is going to do for obviously everything else, doomsday scenario. I’m really fucking sick of boomers and people that are 80 running everything. I think it’s the crux of all of America’s problems. It’s awful. And I was never a fan of age limits in politics because my father was quite old when he died in office. But I actually think 80 might be a good cutoff. That’s really old.

-On a more personal note, you’ve been through a lot with parenting, but also seem to have found tremendous joy in it. Tell me more about that.

I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety. I had very severe postpartum preeclampsia. I had an emergency C-section. And I had a really hard time physically getting back to health. And then I had a hard time mentally. I felt like I was drowning for a little while when I had postpartum anxiety, which is described medically as the sister of postpartum depression.

And so [McCain’s husband] Ben [Domenech] and some of my friends said, “You’re struggling. You’re having a hard time.” And my thing was that I was so obsessed with Liberty and so consumed with her that I was scared of anything happening to her. I was scared that robbers were going to come in our house and steal her. I was worried that people were going to push me down when I was pushing her in her stroller …

by Anonymousreply 366November 15, 2021 11:45 PM

-You were catastrophizing … (Don't you just love the rich, white, folks?)

It was very debilitating. And I got on medication. I got on anti-depressants. I went to therapy. I started doing all the tools that the doctor told me to, and then I got better, which is what happens when you follow medical advice, which is why I love my doctors!

-I remember you being worried before you had Liberty that once you had kids you’d lose your freedom and your fun. And I told you, “Oh, you will. You definitely will.” But I said it wouldn’t matter in the same way.

You were so right. I mean, yeah, can I go to a casino and gamble until 2 a.m.? No. But what‘s replaced it is so much better. Everything’s way better. And I just want to be around her all the time.

-I want to talk about your miscarriage. I was so proud of you for sharing that story. Why did you?

Well, this is really fucked up. I found out I was miscarrying the day after my Seth Myers appearance. It was after the show, before my photo shoot for the New York Times [Magazine] cover they did about The View. And I was obviously very upset and freaking out. But [The View] had such a severe leaking problem, I was actually really concerned that it was going to leak out onto the internet. And I was petrified that it was going to be a story in a tabloid or be turned into something like, “Meghan had a hysterical meltdown because she’s a sociopath and a lunatic, and she’s always crying and she’s just a mess.” Isn’t that fucked up?

-Your husband has his critics. Did you know that he was kind of a controversial figure when you started dating?

No. I knew he was conservative. When we started dating, I started asking around to other people. There was one person in the media who had like a really … he knew him, and this person in the media is pretty well-known, and he hates Ben, and he was going around telling people that I was with this not-good dude, and he was a right-wing nut.

And it kept getting back to me. And then there’s another woman, who was a journalist, who was like, “I just keep hearing he’s a bad dude.” And I was like, “But every experience I’ve had with him is incredible and wonderful, and he’s an amazing boyfriend, so I need you to be really specific about what you’re talking about.” And then I later found out he had created websites that, if you’re liberal, you find controversial. He had been fired for a plagiarizing controversy, and that was 20 or 15 years ago, a very long time ago. And I didn’t care. I had my own shit in my background. And there were a few people in conservative circles that I know for a fact told Ben not to date me, and that I would be bad for him.

-Shifting gears to national politics. How does this end for the GOP? What’s next for Trump and the party?

When it comes to 2024, I mean, every indicator is he’s going to run. I fear for what that is going to do for obviously everything else, doomsday scenario. I’m really fucking sick of boomers and people that are 80 running everything. I think it’s the crux of all of America’s problems. It’s awful. And I was never a fan of age limits in politics because my father was quite old when he died in office. But I actually think 80 might be a good cutoff. That’s really old.

And so [McCain’s husband] Ben [Domenech] and some of my friends said, “You’re struggling. You’re having a hard time.” And my thing was that I was so obsessed with Liberty and so consumed with her that I was scared of anything happening to her. I was scared that robbers were going to come in our house and steal her. I was worried that people were going to push me down when I was pushing her in her stroller …

-Well, do you guys bond over that? You both get a lot of heat.

He was the only man that really understood it. He was the only man that really understood the chaos and what it feels like to be loved and hated.

by Anonymousreply 367November 15, 2021 11:46 PM

-People associate you with Arizona. I’ve always associated you with New York, because that’s where we met. Now you live in D.C. Do you think you fit in there?

Yeah, I do. I love it here. It reminds me of my dad a lot. I wasn’t quite ready to pull the trigger to move right back to Arizona, which I’m sure I will eventually. And we have so many friends here. My in-laws are down the street. We are political people, and political people are always in and out of D.C. So it didn’t feel like it was this giant uprooting. It’s not like we moved to Texas or something.

-And there is a P.F. Chang’s down at Tyson’s II [shopping mall].

It wouldn’t have so many locations if it weren’t popular. I’m not the only fucking person to eat at P.F. Chang’s. But I really like it here, I am happy here. My mom has a place here, and like I said, I spent a lot of my life here, too, growing up.

-How about your career. What’s next? Do you still want to be in politics?

So I love politics more than anything. I love it way more than TV. It is much cleaner. And it’s so funny, because I used to say this to my executive producer at The View, I was like, “The View makes politics look like the easiest, most loyal [job]” because I have worked in places where people do not leak about the spheres they’re in. That whole thing can happen with principals and candidates and it never lands on the internet.

I don’t see myself being in television. I’ve finally got back to this place of being happy and content, and TV is very hard and emotionally taxing, and the best people don’t gravitate towards it.

So I would prefer, actually, if I can, to subsist in writing and maybe political consulting. I would love to work on campaigns again. And, actually, I’ve been exploring that a lot right now because it’s also a space that, for as much shit as I’ve gotten in the media, for all these negative stereotypes that we talked about, I’m taken very seriously in D.C. circles and it feels nice. It’s nice to be respected. It’s nice to be understood, especially in Republican conservative circles, because people understand all of the drama.

by Anonymousreply 368November 15, 2021 11:47 PM

I laughed at how she says that she is " taken seriously in D.C. circles". The funniest part is there is probably some truth to it. Believe it or not Washington DC is even shallower than L.A. in certain ways. Megan and her family are certainly typical DC scumbags so I'm not surprised that she feels at home there. The one thing that baffles me is how surprised she is at the reception she's received. Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham are unbearable cunts but I've never heard them whine that people are cruel to them. They seem to understand that the provocative mean spirited behavior they engage in will make enemies. McCain seems to truly believe that she was a sweetheart bullied by the public. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 369November 16, 2021 1:31 AM

What did Jedidiah ask Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 370November 16, 2021 6:55 AM

[quote] But I think if people knew what it has done to me mentally, emotionally, the toll it’s taken on me, the depression that has followed … just the dark spirals. I felt like for a while that I was just the laughing stock of the country. And it’s not true or fair or accurate, but when you’re your worst critic in your head, it’s very hard.

Meg, I'm hearing you...AND I'M THRILLED. The razor is on the sink.

by Anonymousreply 371November 16, 2021 7:24 AM

She also thinks she's a gay icon because she's blacked out in Weho a few times

by Anonymousreply 372November 16, 2021 7:31 AM

She never even tried to hide her hypocrisy; instead she really did believe in one rule for her and another for others. I remember her getting upset because someone said "Fuck Trump" sometime (I think). She kept talking and bitching about how much it lowered the tone and how offensive it was. At the same time she was plastering "Fuck cancer" all over her Twitter and when people pointed it out, she was all: "I can't BELIEVE you are telling me to watch my language when we're talking about CANCER!" She has no shame.

My favourite thing ever though was when the Jewish artist Eli Valley did a caricature of her, pointing our her cynical "love" of all things Israel, and she huffed on Twitter: "This is the most antisemitic thing I've ever seen!" She's the most ridiculous person out there. She's the victim of antisemitism when a Jewish person makes fun of her? Please.

by Anonymousreply 373November 16, 2021 9:19 AM

R373 It wasn't "fuck Trump." She criticized David Hogg for saying the word "fuck" or "fucking" while talking about the Parkland mass shooting the day after the shooting took place. She used all her time in the segment about Parkland to promote the NRA and her friend Dana Loesch and to criticize teenager David Hogg for using the F word, which she said will make people not take him seriously. And yes, she not only was part of a "fuck cancer" campaign, but she had "fuck cancer" in her Twitter bio at tha time and her timeline was full of tweets using the word. (She later claimed that "fuck cancer is 'different' because it's the name of a campaign and because MY FATHER HAD GLIOBLASTOMA!!!)

Of course she doesn't hide her hypocrisy. What I don't understand about Democrats is that they never, ever seem to learn that Republicans and Christians in the U.S. cannot be shamed for hypocrisy. They embrace it. They are proud of it. Yes, they often deny it by diverting the conversation, but their culture is such that they LOVE it when their hypocrisy is pointed out because it means they have successfully riled up their opponents.

by Anonymousreply 374November 16, 2021 9:58 AM

I caught a bit the end of Jed's segment on today's episode. I don't miss her one bit..

by Anonymousreply 375November 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Oh thanks R374, that was exactly it. I couldn't remember exactly and assumed it was a Trump thing because she was always so all over the place in whether she hated him (because of his treatment of her father) or didn't (because she is a Republican ride-or-die). God, that's even worse, how dare someone say fuck after surviving a mass shooting? Ugh, god she's a vile person!

[quote]What I don't understand about Democrats is that they never, ever seem to learn that Republicans and Christians in the U.S. cannot be shamed for hypocrisy.

Democrats never seem to learn anything. It's so bizarre. Even when they hold power they don't DO anything with it, and I'm not talking about them doing dodgy things like the Republicans would, I mean even use that power to push through good policies. It's like trying to play fair with people who will never, EVER play fair themselves. It's infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 376November 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Jed is a whacko.

by Anonymousreply 377November 16, 2021 7:35 PM

Jesus, loves Jed, this I know...

by Anonymousreply 378November 16, 2021 9:09 PM

Jedidiah was a pain in everyone's ass on Tuesday's program. She and Meghan must have taken lessons in run-on sentences from the same asshole. Once she started on a tirade it lasted through an entire wall-to-wall show segment. I must not have been watching The View much during her tenure because I can't recall how fucking exhausting she was.

On another note, the black chick that was guest hosting the past two days was great.

by Anonymousreply 379November 17, 2021 9:35 AM

^Agreed. The guest co-host was the best they’ve had so far. Jed was tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 380November 17, 2021 10:59 AM

R379 Tara Setmayer works for the Lincoln Project now, so she is a GQP defector. I also thought she was great and I like how she emphasizes how the GOP manipulates, but I can't really imaging them casting another person whose political positioning is similar to Ana Navarro's without having an active Republican at the table. I'd welcome it but it would break the View mold of having a party loyalist there.

by Anonymousreply 381November 17, 2021 11:50 AM

I do not agree. The Republican Party is so fucked up, that having proven CONSERVATIVES is a perfect alternative.

Sorry, no racists and white supremacists need apply.

It's bad enough that they have Trump enablers push their pointless books on the show.

The View has moved beyond Mrs. Domenech spewing her husband's bullet points.

by Anonymousreply 382November 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Everyone should keep in mind that Tara (one of the top 5 guest co-hosts of The View) was banned from the show for the last two years directly and specifically by.... Meghan McCain...

by Anonymousreply 383November 17, 2021 12:47 PM

So when is Meghan’s turn as former co-host who returns for a day? I hope never.

by Anonymousreply 384November 17, 2021 1:22 PM

R383 Delicious!

by Anonymousreply 385November 17, 2021 1:52 PM

This was Brian Teta pop culture day, where Whoopi wanted to kill hersef.

by Anonymousreply 386November 17, 2021 8:33 PM

Teta’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 387November 17, 2021 8:36 PM

The podcast interview with Brian Teta is weird and obviously not as candid as the ones with former cohosts. Meghan McCain said many times that Teta was her personal producer in addition to being exec producer of the show, and it's clear that he was her personal cheerleader and he backed her behind the scenes. In the podcast with Whoopi he alludes to the tension McCain brought but they talk around the elephant that has left the room after having worn out her welcome.

by Anonymousreply 388November 17, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote]Meghan McCain blames hostile ‘View’ colleagues for her exit in emotional memoir

And I blame the fact that Meghan McCain is stupid, entitled, and Republican

by Anonymousreply 389November 17, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote]The podcast interview with Brian Teta is weird and obviously not as candid as the ones with former cohosts.

I don't know whose idea the podcasts was. But, it was a FANTASTIC idea! Maybe because it's just a general curiosity about The View that everyone has or something else. But, I've listened to a few of them and have really enjoyed them. I wonder if M2 will do a podcast? I don't think that she'll ever be invited back as a co-host.

by Anonymousreply 390November 17, 2021 9:27 PM

Sorry but I miss her. She brought the crazy. Made the show watchable. I was disappointed her maternity leave fell during the election. It was like watching Howard Beale.

by Anonymousreply 391November 18, 2021 2:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!