Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Gaetz: You in Danger Girl

Joel Greenberg, who has pleaded guilty to sex trafficking in connection to the federal investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), has reportedly been providing the Justice Department with new information, according to CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2021 12:01 AM

Yeah, okay. This news came out in, what, May? June?

*crickets

I'll believe it when Matt fakes his own death.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 12:37 AM

OP were saying he would be arrested in July. Get back to us on Memorial Day.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 12:39 AM

OP has been saying "you in danger girl" to Gaetz for almost a year now.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 12:51 AM

If the hammer comes down it will do so suddenly, and quietly—at first

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 1:04 AM

Secret Service Agents Now Handling Parts Of The Matt Gaetz Investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] Secret Service Agents Now Handling Parts Of The Matt Gaetz Investigation

Finally a break for me!

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 1:16 AM

[bold] Justice Dept. Adds Two Top Prosecutors to Matt Gaetz Case [/bold]

The Justice Department has added two top prosecutors from Washington to the child sex trafficking investigation of Representative Matt Gaetz, according to two people briefed on the matter, a sign of the complex and high-stakes nature of the inquiry into Mr. Gaetz, a Florida Republican who is one of former President Donald J. Trump’s closest congressional allies.

The prosecutors — one a public corruption investigator with an expertise in child exploitation crimes, and the other a top leader of the public corruption unit — have been working on the Florida-based investigation for at least three months, the people said.

[...]

Sex trafficking cases come with their own complexities that involve issues typically not associated with traditional fraud and corruption investigations. One area of expertise that the Washington prosecutors are bringing to the Gaetz case is dealing with children who have been exploited but may not see themselves as having been victimized, which can complicate trials if they are called as witnesses.

Legally, the victim’s state of mind is not a factor that juries should consider when determining whether the law was violated, according to Amanda Kramer, a white collar defense lawyer at Covington and Burling and former federal prosecutor in Manhattan who supervised sex trafficking cases for a decade.

Technically, the government needs only to prove that the child was underage when the sexual activity occurred and that the child received something of value in exchange for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 3:29 AM

[bold] Matt Gaetz is facing an investigation for underage sex trafficking and has had fundraising slow down to a drip. Now he’s been deemed ineligible to practice law in Florida. [/bold]

Faced with an onslaught of accusations that he engaged in underage sex trafficking—and bracing for criminal charges—Gaetz has allowed his license to practice law in his home state of Florida to lapse.

As of Wednesday, Gaetz had not paid the fees he owes to The Florida Bar, which regulates lawyers there, prompting the organization to deem him “delinquent” and “not eligible to practice law in Florida.”

The Bar’s public directory, which only lists one Matthew Louis Gaetz II, previously showed him in good standing as of July, according to the Internet Archive.

This may look like an oversight, but Gaetz’s office is chalking it up to a career change.

“Congressman Gaetz is no longer actively engaged in the practice of law. He is focused on representing his constituents in Congress, not the courtroom,” said his office’s communications director, Joel Valdez.

That explanation may sound reasonable enough. But four attorneys who spoke to The Daily Beast noted that it is extremely rare for lawyers to do this. Instead, attorneys taking a step back from their legal duties normally pay a smaller $175 fee to remain “inactive” but still a “member in good standing.”

“He clearly doesn’t take his law license very seriously when he doesn’t take the time to pay the $265 dues,” said Daniel Uhlfelder, a Santa Rosa Beach attorney who lives in Gaetz’s district. “He’s not a serious lawyer. He’s not a serious congressman. He’s not a serious person. This is one small but symbolic example of that.”

[...]

“I don’t think they take Venmo, so maybe that was the problem,” Uhlfelder said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 12:42 PM

Meh. Call me when he’s frogmarched out of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 1:37 PM

He's got hot hair and big muscles

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 1:42 PM

Matt Gaetz Struggling Financially After Being Booted Off Fox News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 3:54 PM

This is a bizarre and somewhat convoluted "true crime" kind of explanation of one of FIVE (5) ways DJT ends up being prosecuted. It may be a huge load of wishful thinking but at the least it's thought provoking.

tl;dr: is that enough people who know enough about Matty and underage girls also know about Roger Stone and all of his shenanigans. To save themselves from that they will throw Stone under the bus. And since Stone facilitated selling pardons and helped plan January 6th, he will flip on 45.

[quote] Collateral damage from this Matt Gaetz path?

[quote] Greenberg: Gaetz + 5 rapists

[quote] OTHER crimes via Greenberg, more to come, probably junior Florida GOP

[quote] Roger Stone

[quote] Jared

[quote] Some crooked Trump attorneys, likely Bill Barr

[quote] Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Matt Gaetz Claims Someone is Trying to Kill Him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote] Matt Gaetz Claims Someone is Trying to Kill Him

If only!

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2021 12:41 PM

r14, now he knows how some of the democrats felt on January 6th.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2021 12:48 PM

Matt's rich bitch Daddy will bail out Matty-boy.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2021 12:50 PM

He's fucked! Look who they put on the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2021 2:30 PM

Look who's also on the case........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote] He's got hot hair and big muscles

You have shit taste in men. You really do.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote]Matt Gaetz Claims Someone is Trying to Kill Him

Yeah, it should be the parents of every teen girl he pursued. Predator scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]Matt Gaetz Claims Someone is Trying to Kill Him

Is there a GoFundMe for this worthy cause?

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2021 3:08 PM

Nobody gives a toss about Greenberg and Gaetz exploiting an underaged sex worker. The really dangerous aspect here as with the Epstein-Maxwell trafficking business is the deliberate and systematic gathering of dirt on influential politicians.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2021 3:15 PM

R22, like Gaetz wouldn't be on that Epstein island in a heartbeat if he were actually important enough to be there.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2021 3:17 PM

Allegedly a contract is out on him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2021 3:19 PM

Do you think he deserves ten years in prison for sleeping with a 17-year-old whore? Do you really? Would you stake your career that a jury will unanimously agree?

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2021 3:22 PM

Headline should be: "Jew Gets Revenge On Nazi".

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2021 3:22 PM

Meh, that Jew was a Nazi himself. Bigoted and racist swine of the Stephen Miller variety.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote] Allegedly a contract is out on him

Yeah, but only with his cell phone provider.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2021 3:28 PM

R24, you're seriously using that turd himself as the source?

Ah, yes, and the DOJ REFUSED to do anything! Because clearly, they just hate Gaetz and Garland is another Bill Barr who uses the DOJ as a personal vendetta apparatus.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2021 3:30 PM

Oh yeah, and Kavanaugh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2021 8:15 PM

Authorities arrested Eugene Huelsman last week in the Los Angeles area on an indictment returned in May by a federal grand jury in Pensacola, Fla., court records show.

"Tell [M.G.] to watch his back, tell him to watch his children," Huelsman allegedly said, according to the indictment. "I'm coming for him… I'm gonna f---ing kill him... I'm gonna put a bullet in you and I'm gonna put a bullet in one of your f---ing kids too."

Gaetz confirmed to POLITICO Tuesday that he was the target of the alleged threats. The message arrived as he played on a prominent role advancing former President Donald Trump's false claims of widespread fraud in last year's presidential race.

The arrest came within a day or two of the Republican congressman taking to the House floor last week to complain that the Justice Department wasn't being aggressive enough in dealing with threats against him.

"I think someone may be trying to kill me and if they are successful I would like my constituents and my family to know who stopped their arrest," Gaetz said last Wednesday. The congressman went on to say that someone who threatened him on Twitter traveled to Washington D.C. in recent days and that the Justice Department declined to arrest the suspect despite the Capitol Police recommending such an arrest.

Gaetz told POLITICO Tuesday that he believes his comments prompted the arrest, but that the case he described on the floor and the earlier episode mentioned in the indictment are not related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2021 10:59 PM

I wonder how many arrests were made with the Barr DOJ for all of the threats coming from people including the parasitic filth (MTG) within Congress who threaten Dems.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2021 11:12 PM

Omg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2021 10:49 AM

FIVE-time Emmy nominee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 28, 2021 3:07 AM

Ah yes, Politico, right wing shill.

by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2021 1:40 PM

I bet this Greenberg dude has all kinds of shit oozing and discharging from his penis as we speak.

He just LOOKS creepy and nasty!

by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2021 5:20 PM

What kind of sympathy-craving whore spouts, from the House floor, this kind of "I'm a victim" bullshit about things having nothing to do with his job?

One, Only an entitled White man would even be allowed to abuse his government position to spout personal grievances this way (totally unrelated to his job as a Congressman or other members of Congress).

Second, wouldn't highly publicizing a personal death threat only make you more susceptible to copycat killers?

Something does not smell right here.

I hope they arrest Gaetz soon for his crimes (as they did with Greenberg) so they can try him, convict him and send his disgusting ass away!

I'm really tired of hearing from and about him.

by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Suck it up, buttercup!

You don't hear Swalwell sniveling on the house floor about the death threats HE received from your prick bestie Fucker mop head.

So shove your pathetic "poor me! Er'rybody out to get me!" Bullshit right up your filthy asshole and rotate, you useless bloviating twat.

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote] Second, wouldn't highly publicizing a personal death threat only make you more susceptible to copycat killers?

One can only hope, R37!

by Anonymousreply 39October 30, 2021 10:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2021 1:04 AM

R38 You are such a fucking lying piece of RAW SHIT!!!

Congressman Eric Swalwell Complained of Death Threats because he did his job in the Second Impeachment Trial of Trump for inciting a deadly insurrection on the US Capitol.

Are you such a fucking retard that you cannot see that the death threats Swalwell complained about relate directly to his FUCKING JOB???

This is UNLIKE Gaetz who complained on the house floor about him being threatened for being a fucking pedophile! That is something totally different and deals directly with his private life as an uncharged CRIMINAL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2021 5:15 AM

Shouldn't the FBI have something to say about comments such as these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2021 8:06 PM

You’d think so, but we all know nothing will happen.

Of course.

Nothing ever changes.

by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2021 8:27 PM

Is this show still going on? We need some action, people. These guys are running amuck. No one is in charge.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] These guys are running amuck.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2021 9:35 PM

That's what I said, r37.

I was commenting on fivehead Gaetz.

Swalwell didn't cry on the floor. Re-read my post. It was aimed at the beady eyed, IMAX forehead diddler.

Guess I wasn't clear enough.

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2021 12:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!