Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Guardian investigates femcels, the female incels

"Theirs is a non-violent resistance. Rather than blaming the opposite sex for their unhappiness, as some of their male counterparts do, femcels tend to believe their own “ugliness” is the root cause of their loneliness. Posting anonymously on platforms they have designed for themselves, they argue that they are invisible due to their abnormal appearance, and that our beauty-centric, misogynistic culture prevents them from being accepted. There is anger and open grappling with self-esteem, but no extreme hatred and no sense of entitlement within the community."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 10:59 AM

[quote] femcels tend to believe their own “ugliness” is the root cause of their loneliness

Rofl.

Sure, Jan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 9:29 PM

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 9:31 PM

They would be right.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 9:51 PM

The Guardian's running out of rubbish to put in their newspaper.

All the politicians they usually support are making fools of themselves so they insert rubbish for the proles to fester and obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 10:06 PM

‘Fem’ is the opposite of ‘in’?

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 10:24 PM

Maybe the could organize a festival that involves a menstrual hut and cheez balls.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 10:31 PM

All straight male environments inevitably degenerate into rape and violence, all straight female environments inevitably degenerate into cattiness and self harm. It's the way of the world.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Male female world is full of rape violence and cattiness.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 10:46 PM

The article dances a bit around how many of the interviewees and other femcels are actually trying to date online. It’s far from perfect, but the woman who doesn’t want casual sex can make that very clear right off the bat. It would be a slog but better than nothing?

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]All straight male environments inevitably degenerate into rape and violence, all straight female environments inevitably degenerate into cattiness and self harm.

And all gay male environments degenerate into earring and caftans!

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 10:52 PM

We've had involuntarily single and voluntarily single people of both genders, for ages. Usually it was assumed that the single women always were involuntarily single, but of course that may not have been the case. Not every one has to get paired up. It's not a tragedy. There's more to life!

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 10:54 PM

Strange that the article keeps talking about looks. Because while yes, looks matter, if you look around you, there are tons of ugly people in relationships. Same goes for addicts, violent people, criminals, obese people, short men, etc. A lot of incels think things like that are the issue but I think the real issue is that they don't/can't connect with people. Like they've missed the memo there somehow.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 7:01 AM

Female incels cope better than male ones. The male ones tend to get crazy and violent, the female ones have cats and "Outlander" reruns.

There are also voluntary female celibates, I know some older women who've had one divorce or breakup too many, and have decided "Fuck it! I'm living for my children/friends/the arts/my work/etc.". Some of them seem perfectly happy and well-adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 9:35 AM

I don’t really understand incels make or female. In this era of plastic surgery, it is widely available and reasonably affordable. It took Kylie Jenner from a block faced looking woman to a near beauty. Why spend your life looking subpar when you can get it fixed. Can’t afford it? Get another job while you are you g and work your ass off pay for it. A lot of incels are fat and exercise and diet can cure that. It just seems to me a real lack of effort on the part of incels male or female.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Turns out the only group I care about less than incels is femcels. Who knew?

Eventually, this kind of reporting will die down as people stop caring about stories about every small subgroup of humans that congregate on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 9:59 AM

I suspect, R14, that a lot of incels just want to be loved for who they really are, and we all know how far that gets a person in this world, particularly if you look like shit and demand someone beautiful.

Others have other issues, like a fear of intimacy, being closeted to themselves, being completely out of touch with reality, etc.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2021 10:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2021 10:00 AM

How quaint. Spinsters get their rebranding make-over.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2021 10:24 AM

How much does the average Guardian writer earn? They all sound like overeducated-yet-naive and pampered NIMBYs who’ve never stepped a foot outside of their exclusive neighbourhoods.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2021 10:33 AM

R19 If you go through the Guardian columnists, you'll find that the majority of them were educated at fee-paying schools so yeah, most of them probably are from upper middle class privileged backgrounds. I fecking hate what they do a lot of the time because like George Orwell says, it turns ordinary people off the left. But of course, they don't actually *really* want ordinary people to vote for the left en masse cuz that'd threaten their moneyed and privileged positions. No skin in the game, in other words. And funny how they tend to get rid of their working class columnists pretty sharpish if they step out of line, like Suzanne Moore or Dawn Foster.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2021 10:44 AM

Femcels can get really violent believe me...especially when frustrated and repressed.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 10:54 AM

[quote] I fecking hate what they do a lot of the time because like George Orwell says, it turns ordinary people off the left. But of course, they don't actually *really* want ordinary people to vote for the left en masse cuz that'd threaten their moneyed and privileged positions.

This is absolutely true. There's very little difference between the rightwing Kooky Leftie Of The Day stories and the softer so-called "human interest" stories like this one. Both are designed to make you think the left and liberals and Democrats are just a collection of weirdos with poor life skills, messed-up priorities and values that will harm society if left unchecked.

Meanwhile, we get 400,000 stories on good solid American folks in diners explaining why they voted for Trump, and gosh don't they sound reasonable and normal?

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 10:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!