Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

18-year-old was robbed, penis partially severed & was set on fire (but survived) after meeting man on gay dating site in Jamaica

October 18, 2021

[quote][italic]The18-year-old was robbed, had his penis partially severed, and was set on fire in Montego Bay, Jamaica, by three men.[/italic]

[quote]A group of three men in Jamaica kidnapped, disfigured, then set fire to an 18-year-old who believed he was meeting a man from a gay dating site.

[quote]The victim, from St. James, told police that he went to a location at Montego Bay where he and the man from the gay dating site agreed to meet. When he got there, the man showed up with two others, according to local newspaper The Gleaner. They took the victim’s cell phone, wallet, and bank cards. They then assaulted him until he told them his bank information.

[quote]Afterward, the alleged assailants tried to use the victim’s bank card to get money out of an ATM but failed to withdraw the cash.

[quote]“They returned to where they were holding their victim, and on this occasion, he was forced to transfer money into an account that they gave him,” a police officer told the paper.

[quote]The officer said the three men were drinking alcohol and doused the victim in it, cut off part of his penis, set him on fire, and left him to die.

[quote]“He is a very lucky young man because although they left him in a critical condition, he managed to make his way to a security checkpoint in the community where they assisted him to the hospital, where he was admitted in critical condition,” the officer added.

[quote]The incident isn’t the first of its kind. The paper reported that a similar scheme had been set up before where kidnappers and thieves would use a gay dating site to lure victims to secure locations to rob them. However, authorities believed they had ended the practice.

[quote]In January 2020, a similar case caught international headlines when a warehouse manager, 43-year-old Allie Jackson, also used the gay dating site to meet with someone. He went missing. Eventually, his body was found in a shallow grave.

[quote]Two men have been arrested and charged with Jackson’s death, according to The Gleaner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2021 2:52 PM

Jamaica is a very bad place to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 9:04 PM

Horrible. Jamaica is horrible

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 9:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 9:54 PM

Worthless thugs. Hope they get the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 10:24 PM

Not a surprise. Jamaica is insanely dangerous period, and worse if you're openly gay. "Come Back to Jamaica! And get murdered!"

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 10:32 PM

Jamaica is truly a shit hole country. I spent the worst vacation experience of my life there, and you couldn't pay me to go back.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 10:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 10:37 PM

Just think, if he identified as trans, then gay organizations in the US might give a shit!

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 10:52 PM

People need to be careful on these dating apps that are full of psychos. Always meet people for the first time in a public place and don’t ever go home with them on the first meeting.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 11:04 PM

And I continue my reasons to not visit Jamaica…

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 11:07 PM

Shithole and people from that place have some of the WORST attitudes on record.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 11:19 PM

As soon as I read about Buju Banton and his reggae song "Boom Bye Bye" about shooting gay men in the head, I knew Jamaica was a place I'd never want to go to.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]Shithole and people from that place have some of the WORST attitudes on record.

Have you ever had to deal with Jamaican nurses? Fucking horrible bitches who treat patients like sacks of flour.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]People need to be careful on these dating apps that are full of psychos. Always meet people for the first time in a public place and don’t ever go home with them on the first meeting.

This sounds like something your mother would say but when it comes to dating/hook-up apps it's just common sense.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 12:02 PM

Christians are horrible.

the religion of “Love thy neighbor”?

Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 12:52 PM

Pro tip OP: You don't have to include the lede in the title. Saves letters.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2021 5:07 PM

How uplifting

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2021 5:10 PM

Savages!

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 9:22 AM

[QUOTE] Jamaica is a very bad place to be gay.

The fuck? This shit happens in the US, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands. EVERYWHERE is a bad place to be gay, you friggin nimrod. You weak homos with no self defense skills put yourselves in some nice safe bubble and think shit is sweet until you get a wake up call. I don’t give a fuck if you live in Jamaica or some lily white town in upstate New York, you better be prepared to be attacked.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2021 9:38 AM

^^^^^

The world is not made of savages and paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2021 1:32 PM

These dating apps seem filled with junkies or confused men on the downlow. Neither the most stable type of hookup material.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2021 1:44 PM

Latin America and The Caribbean, despite the image of sexually-charged carnivals and vacations, is pretty conservative and Christian. Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Brazil and Mexico are not fun to be gay. You go to party one night, go to confession the next day. But if you're upper-class and live in a city then you should be fine. It's getting better though, nowhere near as awful as The Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2021 2:35 PM

That poor gayling. I don't want to think about what he had to endure or what he'll have to endure, yet, during recovery. Hope the trash responsible are found and locked up forever.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2021 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!