Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s so bad about ‘Liberals’ anyway?

At least they don’t kill people like white supremacists.

So what if liberals want to get gay married, save the environment, have affordable healthcare, have public transportation, civil rights, fair pay, unions, criminal justice reform, clean lakes and rivers? So what?

At least they are not trying to kill everyone. Or take away their rights. Or lock them in private prisons. Or kill black children with police issued guns, commit mass shootings, assaulting Capitol police and trying to overturn elections.

by Anonymousreply 95October 20, 2021 12:45 AM
by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 5:15 PM

So, nothing?

All this hate toward liberals and they didn’t even do anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 5:18 PM

All of the criticism is made up by trolls online. There is no reason to hate liberals.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 5:18 PM

If you watch Fox you’d think that liberals are the enemy but really they are the only people keeping people like Trump from running the country.

We should praise liberals and thank our lucky stars for them.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] So what if liberals want to get gay married, save the environment, have affordable healthcare, have public transportation, civil rights, fair pay, unions, criminal justice reform, clean lakes and rivers? So what?

Civil rights is good. Equality of outcome is bad. Affordable healthcare is good but making health care universal drives up the cost. Saving the environment is good. Closing down entire industries during a transitional economy is bad. Criminal justice reform is good. Defunding the police when they really want to federalize law enforcement and infringe on individual rights is bad. Cultural sensitivity is good. Firing people for not towing the woke agenda is bad. Liberals have taken lots of good ideas and bastardized them.

[quote] At least they are not trying to kill everyone. Or take away their rights. Or lock them in private prisons. Or kill black children with police issued guns, commit mass shootings, assaulting Capitol police and trying to overturn elections.

They are doing all of the above except those guns are being sold on the black market.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 5:32 PM

How does one become a liberal? Do you have to adopt a Highway? Serve meals on wheels? These are good people and I want to be one.

I hate that they get smeared and dragged by trolls so often because they are doing gods work. Liberals actually follow the teachings of Jesus. They just don’t want to give money to those shady churches. And I don’t blame them. But they are not godless.

Go to ANY rural area run by right-wing lunatics and you will see godlessness.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 5:34 PM

Here is a good example of a baseless smear:

“Liberals have taken lots of good ideas and bastardized them.”

Republicans bastardized all of these programs. Yet democrats get the blame?

Republicans can NOT have a legitimate debate because everything is based on a lie. Then you have to go down the list and break down each of their lies and it’s exhausting. Nothing is genuine with them. Everything is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 5:37 PM

Civil rights is good.

Affordable healthcare is good

Saving the environment is good.

Criminal justice reform is good.

Cultural sensitivity is good.

THE REPUBLICANS FOUGHT AGAINST EVERY ONE OF THESE ISSUES AND SPENT BILLIONS TRYING TO DEFEAT EACH ONE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 5:40 PM

I do think both parties have their crazies, but the conservative crazies seem more likely to knock on your door and blow you away with a gun and the liberal crazies are simply more likely to have multi-colored hair and "cancel" you in front of their 26 followers on Twitter if they don't like you. I'll take the slightly annoying liberal crazies any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 5:40 PM

Here is what we are left with. Which are ALL REPUBLICAN TALKING POINT DISTRACTIONS, LIES AND FALSE EQUIVALENCY:

Equality of outcome is bad.

making health care universal drives up the cost.

Closing down entire industries during a transitional economy is bad.

Defunding the police when they really want to federalize law enforcement and infringe on individual rights is bad.

Firing people for not towing the woke agenda is bad.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 5:42 PM

This is an appeal to “independents.”

Stay the hell off of Facebook and think for yourself.

You are being tricked into hating something that is saving your bacon. Republicans are trying to use independents to get back in power. That is their sole focus right now. To try to make liberals seem crazy to independents. This is the whole 2021/2022 ballgame.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 5:44 PM

Oh, OP, gurl you's so edgy!

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 5:45 PM

If we are going to settle this once and for all, I need links to the following outlandish claims:

“making health care universal drives up the cost.”

Also, why does affordable healthcare have to be immediately switched to universal? Universal was never on the ballot. But affordable was. And republicans all voted no. Why?

“Closing down entire industries during a transitional economy is bad.” What pandemics-vital entire industry do liberals want shut down? Be specific and provide link.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 5:48 PM

Under the hood liberals are similar to conservatives. They are pro-big business, pro-financialization, and are foreign policy hawks. Progressives are not liberals.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 5:49 PM

The rest of the right-wing claims upthread are gibberish twitter speak.

But I will be happy to debate legitimate issues and prove to independents that republicans are ruining the country and we need them to stop buying the propaganda and do the serious work of learning the legit issues and not just believe every thing they read on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 5:51 PM

Yes, Liberals are SO pure, and if you don't agree with all the propaganda they put out on this GAY site, it's probably because you're a Trump supporter or a fascist or a Boris or a Nazi....

You shouldn't criticize Biden or Kamala because if you do, you are Hitler himself. But apart from that, Liberals are totally different from fascists....As everyone knows!

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 5:57 PM

It's really interesting; when you look at survey data (such as the GSS or ANES, both academic surveys which have been administered consistently over decades), you'll see that the majority of people in this country are what you and I would call "liberals." But many people don't understand what a liberal stance includes.

It wasn't too long ago that people would be horrified that a man and woman were living together without the benefit of marriage. But only a few years ago, my uncle, who considers himself very religious, moved in with his girlfriend and his minister told him that "God understands." Um, if you think it's OK for a straight couple to live together without being married, you're a liberal.

Same way with single women having kids. If you think it's OK for a woman to have a baby out of wedlock, you're a liberal. If you think it's OK to lose your virginity before your wedding night, you're a liberal. If you think it's OK for a mother and a father to both have FT jobs and for their baby to go to day care, you're a liberal. If you think a woman should get the same pay as a man for doing the same work, you're a liberal. And the majority of Americans would agree with all of these stances at this point in time.

This country has been moving leftward for years, albeit achingly slowly in some matters. But if you would have told me back when I was marching in the streets for gay and women's rights that one day -- in my lifetime! -- I would be able to marry another woman if I chose to do so, I never would have believed you.

So there's that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 5:58 PM

Independents need to get something though their thick skulls: if it weren’t for democrats, half the population would be dead right now. The shelves wouldn’t be half empty, they would be totally empty. Republicans in the us, and conservatives in the UK, are the reason this virus spread out of control in the first place. Notice SARS and MERS were isolated and contained under democrats.

Independents need to give democrats enough seats to run this country on their own for 4 years. Void of republicans interference, they need to be given a chance to prove what they can do. The razor thin margin is useless. They need more seats and they deserve it. Republicans need to go to time-out for 4 years for the Covid disaster alone.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 6:00 PM

To anyone who is paying attention, this is what the Republicans are trying to do in VA, as well as a larger strategy for 2022. It’s kind of interesting.

They are going SQUARELY after the independents. They are not ginning up the base. They are not talking Trump.

They are trying to do one thing. All chips in the pile: fool the independents. They only need a percentage of them to fall for it.

They can get them through Facebook alone.

They are blanketing them with memes of evil liberals and it’s working. They gummed up the infrastructure stuff just to take VA. They had help from their fake democrat stooges and they pulled it off. And made it look like it was the democrats fault. Like Biden can’t get anything done, and he’s a tyrant because he required masks and vaccines. The vaccine and school board stuff is key. It’s targeted at low intelligence independents. It’s mostly staged and organized through Facebook. All those grand stands at school boards were orchestrated. They corralled the crazies into a real operation.

This all reminds me of how they do it other countries.

Gone are the days of debates and Iowa straw polls. The republicans have decided to go the despot takeover route.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 6:09 PM

Liberals do kill people, they just do it before they're born. At least with right wing white supremacists, or Republicans for short, you've got a small chance of being able to outrun the gunfire. Especially in a supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 6:16 PM

It’s true. Republicans prefer to eat their babies alive.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 6:22 PM

R16 What liberal propaganda are you seeing here and do you truly think liberals are fascists and repubs are not?

Your goals are so retarded that you guys always stand out, so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 6:25 PM

Go ahead and critique Biden and Kamala all you want - just not for dumb, crazy reasons full of lies. 98% of the criticism of Biden on here is hyperbolic nonsense taken straight from Fox and Friends.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2021 6:29 PM

The “F!#* Biden” campaign is a prime example of an online right-wing op that was aimed squarely at independents, using both online pressure to spread the videos and pressuring bystanders to chime in at the games, or face throngs if drunken bullies who are brainwashed to the hilt.

The republicans are using the ISIS playbook for 2021/22 using the help of the online platforms and their thirst for “engagement”.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2021 6:32 PM

Nobody can seem to say anything bad about liberals without using a pre-programmed, right wing talking point.

Republicans are trying to take over the country and install a right-wing fascist totalitarian government and without all the troll posts, it becomes clear that this isn’t just a conspiracy anymore. They are really trying to do this.

Independents are more important now than ever before. They can stop this.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]At least they don’t kill people like white supremacists.

Unlike the “gay man’s religion” that votes predominantly liberal in the UK and US.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2021 6:46 PM

I just think it’s a good reminder to independents to choose wisely here because republicans in charge means Covid will never end. And we will resume our dissent into the third world. Trump almost got a chance to finish the job.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2021 6:52 PM

I'm not American. What is the purpose of registering as Democrat or Republican?

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2021 6:55 PM

I’m American and not registered as either.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2021 6:56 PM

R27 Why? Is it because he delivered a vaccine in under a year that liberals said would take decades to be approved? Liberals were so vaccine hesitant under Trump, they accused the FDA of being politicized. Biden said he would lead on Covid yet there have been more Covid deaths under Biden's administration. What proof do you have that Trump would have botched this worse than Biden?

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2021 6:58 PM

If you are an independent then you need to beware your Facebook feed. The right-wing is targeting you.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2021 6:59 PM

We don't need to be told what to think or be told we have the "wrong" opinion because he doesn't align with the elites in power. We need to be the change that we talk about by forcing accountability, not become unofficial spokespeople for those in power who don't have our interest. You left wing nuts accuse us of being played yet you appear to possess no critical or independent thinking of your own. Rather than debate issues, you seek to censor those you disagree with. If that's not totalitarian I don't know what the hell is.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2021 7:01 PM

Nice try, Trumptard R32. How does Trump's shit taste. Your tongue has been so far up his ass on here for years.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2021 7:05 PM

R32, along the lines of totalitarian, how's getting an abortion in Texas going for ya? How do the voting restrictions there and in other states play for you?

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2021 7:07 PM

r28 : In most states (it's different in California and maybe another state or two), registering with a particular party allows you to cast a vote in the state's primary election to help decide which candidate in a particular party will be that party's candidate in the main national "party against party" general election.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Who's censoring you, R32? Your post seems to be up there for all to see.

I have a little news for you - people in the internet who want to "debate issues" are generally Ben Shapiro-esque asshole trolls.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2021 7:09 PM

I am actually enjoying the Fuck Biden campaign because it strips any pretense away from the right wing that they are "family focused" and/or morally superior. While they are loud, I am willing to bet that it is turning off more people than it is attracting. Especially those Suburban voters who turned so decisively against Trump. So keep it up, fucktards.

And to the fucktard above, the US spends a higher percentage of its GDP on health care than any other Nation on Earth. And by a huge margin. That includes countries that have universal coverage. So do tell, what were you saying about universal coverage being so expensive?

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2021 7:09 PM

R17 The label Liberal doesn't mean much anymore. The ACLU is coming out against free speech and many so called liberals love the CIA. People identify with liberal because it signals to other that they are "good" people, when in fact they are mindless establishment drones.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2021 7:18 PM

Which establishment would that be? The banks? Law enforcement? The military? The 1%? The conservative media establishment? The federal judiciary?

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2021 7:21 PM

R38, people identify with liberal because it identifies that you're not some stupid regressive cunt who licks Trump's asshole, has a history of voting against gay rights, and thinks this country should be some fascist Evangelical backwater.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2021 7:21 PM

Wait, it isn't?

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2021 7:23 PM

R39 R40 'the poor little me' liberal stance is so obnoxious. Yes, you free market lovers are in control. For example, why do liberals let Nancy Pelosi get away with insider trading? Nancy Pelosi and her ilk ARE the establishment along with free market republicans.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2021 7:24 PM

Oh I'm very liberal. Go take the test at the link. I land to the far left of Gandhi. Yeah I know. I believe we should all have the same and equal rights. I believe that women should be paid the same as men for equivalent positions, or that yes in fact we gay people should be able to marry who we choose. Or dare I say it that a woman is the one who should be left the ultimate decision to abort her pregnancy. I'm also a little fiery i those respects too..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2021 7:33 PM

Oh gawd there's no one on earth more self-pitying than right-wingers. No one in this country is more convinced of their own persecution than reactionary Baptists.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2021 7:42 PM

Conservatives were against Civil rights for blacks, lgbt, women, Jews, hispanics, and human rights for most of those groups as well.

Liberals are people for Equality and Compassion.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2021 7:43 PM

Only liberals could cheer mass resignations and/or firings. These are what I like to call the "let's burn everything down" so they can replace it with some non existent utopia. They are also hypocrites. They deride you for saying something is woke yet speak of things that are problematic that may be just a few years old. They talk about defunding the police yet say nothing about more power given to the administrative state. They say that immigration is humanitarian yet say nothing about how it's a byproduct of corporate greed. They completely do an about face regarding travel bans and the vaccine and assume no one will notice. They are opposed to the free market even though they lobby for big tech. They push lies on their networks and seek to quell any independent journalism by stoking fears about misinformation. They insist that Russia is the biggest geopolitical threat even as they capitulate to China. They hypocrisy is too much to take.

[quote] So do tell, what were you saying about universal coverage being so expensive?

You're seriously comparing the US with its population of 330 million+ with other Western countries?

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2021 7:56 PM

Oh I dunno. Every nation in the EU has national health and they seem ok.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]yet there have been more Covid deaths under Biden's administration

Oh Trumptard, we're not going to let that one slide by without pushback: 400,000 dead as of inauguration day, which from the beginning of the pandemic through that day was about 11 months. Dead as of today TOTAL: 723,205 less the 400,000 who died under TFG = 323,000. In case you're mathematically challenged (highly probable, since you're a Trumptard) 323,000 is less than 400,000. This is simply the raw numbers, and don't accurately portray the situation because Biden inherited a disaster and had to deal with a pandemic that was out of control [italic]because[/italic] Trump wouldn't work with the incoming administration on this or any topic. Realistically and fairly, none of the deaths during Biden's first six months should accrue to his leadership but instead be blamed squarely on Trump.

Now, let's talk responsibility, because Trump left the country in a complete shambles, did nothing to curb transmission, lied, blustered, and downplayed the pandemic such that his Trumptard followers won't get vaccinated. It is not Biden's fault that Trumptards won't do the only thing we can right now, today, to stop transmission of Covid. Moreover, the daily death rate was hovering around 4000 each and every day as of the inauguration. The death rate under Biden had steadily fallen... until the Delta variant took hold (because the Trumptards won't get vaccinated), when it increased to a high of 1700 deaths per day but then began falling off once Biden issued the vaccine mandates and got it back under control.

So, not only are you absolutely wrong when it comes to the raw data, you're wrong in your attempt to shift blame from the guy who could have stopped the entire pandemic from happening if he hadn't been more concerned with Wall Street than Main Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]So what if liberals want to get gay married

So what if gay liberals want to get married?

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2021 9:07 PM

I'm a liberal. We tend to be too motivated by guilt. We can try too hard to be everything to everyone.

But nothing, not even the trans nonsense, is worse than being a conservative.

I'd be an anarchist first.

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2021 11:09 PM

Right wing media has their followers convinced Liberals are the Boogeyman.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote] What’s so bad about ‘Liberals’ anyway? At least they don’t kill people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2021 12:18 AM

The gay man’s religion kills everyone—brutally—horrifically—violently—and they vote liberal.

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2021 12:25 AM

"liberal" is their way of calling you an en word lover.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2021 12:31 AM

We know that the liberals were not being the riots in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2021 12:31 AM

*behind

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2021 12:32 AM

Sure^.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2021 12:38 AM

NPR? Lol. Anything from MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2021 12:38 AM

You do realize that the people out there rioting over George Floyd's murder absolutely despise liberals, right? That no one on earth hates liberals more than super-lefty racial justice activists and super-lefty socialists, right? To them, Elizabeth Warren is barely different than Ted Cruz.

Or maybe you're dumb?

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] Elizabeth Warren is barely different than Ted Cruz.

What an ignorant statement.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 12:54 AM

The "to them..." part is sort of important.

Talk about ignorant...

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Conservative media focuses on activating the fear center of the brain. And conservatives are more likely than liberals to fear being personally victimized by terrorists or street crime. Fear is visceral, its not rational to begin with (different part of the brain involved). So conservatives fear their guns being taken, or that they will end up getting killed by muslim extremists, a term coined by conservative media. Remember how after 9/11 conservatives in the deep south were more worried about getting killed by Muslims than people in NYC?

They also fear their money being taken for government programs that help minorities and the poor.

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 1:16 AM

[quote]And conservatives are more likely than liberals to fear being personally victimized by terrorists or street crime.

As opposed to the endless “Boris” on this site?

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 1:18 AM

I’m on whatever team does not have any conservatives or deplorables. That is where I draw the line.

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 2:39 PM

Doesn’t seem like liberals are that bad afterall.

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] Remember how after 9/11 conservatives in the deep south were more worried about getting killed by Muslims than people in NYC?

No. Because you made it up.

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 5:19 PM

A friend in High School (I'd share his name, but nobody would believe me, but his surname was Stoner. And oh my heavens, was he!), explained to me that Democrats want to change things, and Republicans want things to stay the way they are. The argument is flawed, but it has helped to ground some ideas I've had about the shitshow that is politics.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 5:29 PM

Nothing wrong with Liberals. Reagan used it a dirty word, associating it with Communism. Liberals saved this country from Conservatives over and over.

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2021 5:33 PM

This has been true for generations, and still is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2021 5:35 PM

R67 Actually conservatives have attracted more working class voters in the recent past. They evolved on many issues including police reform. And yet the Democrat party chose to ally themselves with Bush and his sycophants. The Democratic establishment is at war with the far left who are both toxic in their own ways. The group of Republicans I respect is for meaningful change, not burning everything down.

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2021 5:37 PM

Winston Churchill was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2021 6:05 PM

R67 Democrats don't want to change things, they just want to give you the illusion of changing things. Most of the 'advancements' of the past few years have little to do with policy and more to do with technology and inertia.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2021 6:06 PM

Maybe there is a slight problem, that liberals are not liberal when it comes to diifferent thoughts. I'm not talking about banning discrimination and punishing hate crimes, which is very positive, but using criptostalinist methods to punish expression of thoughts you don't find appropriate, introducing new taboos and cancelling people without the court verdict could seem a bit problematic.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2021 7:33 PM

Republicans cancel people. They tried to cancel Hillary. And now they are trying to cancel Biden.

Remember 1million moms? I think liberals were just trying to counter all the people they tried to cancel. They tried to cancel Ellen for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2021 7:37 PM

R74 When the left cancels you, the whole hammer of the media establishment comes down on you. When 1 million moms campaign to cancel something, no one cares. The majority of Americans, Republican or Democrat, don't care about 1 million moms. You have more gay and minority representation in the Republican party than at any point in history. Democrats care more about the threat to their own institutional power than they do the rights of their constituents.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2021 7:50 PM

^Take crime for example. Democrat leaders can't even control the crime surge in their own cities, yet want the federalize the police. When they talk about defunding the police, that's really their goal.

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2021 7:52 PM

Wow such a torrent of stupidity and lies.

R71 - ask the million people who died in the Famine of 1943 how amazing Winston Churchill is.

R75 - ask the Dixie Chicks about being canceled by the right and ask Dave Chapelle and his multi million dollar contract at Netflix how terrible it is to be "canceled" by the Left.

R76 - can you name a city lead by a Republican? Why are all the cities in the US run by Democrats? Why can't the Republicans get city dwellers to vote for them? And congrats on making up a new garbage talking point. Who wants to federalize the police? Who has spoken about it? Where is the legislation to achieve this?

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2021 8:13 PM

Democrats affect change in this country. Clinton, Obama, both record years of prosperity and growth. Clinton getting a shitty economy and unemployment from HW Bush. Obama getting ever worse from Bush Jr. Both men put into motion plans that saved the economy and produced unprecedented growth. Obama's recovery was so good it took Trump three years to crash it. Go back to FDR who saved the country with the New Deal, creating social security to protect Americans. These presidents advanced the country while Republicans have started 20 year wars, crashed the economy, stole from thier own people, negotiated with terrorists, funded terrorism...you name it. The GOP wants us back in time when men worked and the women were pregnant and subserviant. Where LGBTQIA and people of color were second class citizens.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2021 8:34 PM

r75 ask Kathy Griffin about being canceled by the right. Then talk to Ted Nugent who threatened to kill Obama and had a record concert tour year that year.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2021 8:37 PM

Rural areas are nothing to brag about. Blight, meth, and domestic violence rule the day.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2021 8:40 PM

I’m from Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states in the country. Even the Republican politicians are liberals.

Liberalism is etiquette for the rich. It’s kind of like Hollywood. Everyone is so liberal and Democratic but the sexism, racism, and homophobia are in your face.

It’s extremely repressive and conservative. Massachusetts is very racially and culturally segregated. You go to the white areas with BLM signs on their lawn and they’d call the cops if they ever saw a black person in the neighborhood, you go to places like Salem or Newport where there’s rainbow flags everywhere but outside of Boston, the only gay bars and clubs are in the rough areas.

But I was talking to a woman on Twitter from California who said she moved to Boston to be a teacher and was in utter shock and how racially segregated the school system was.

It’s very “I’m for equality as long as it’s far away from me”.

R14 Exactly

I have never thought of the idea of ever entertaining conservatism, it’s the polar opposite of who I am.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2021 9:04 PM

R80 And nothing happens, which is why the statistics for crime by race is racist bullshit. I’ve been to places in Maine and New Hampshire that looks like a white third world country and you can just tell the houses that are meth labs. But there’s no cops around so the drug dealers and drug addicts get away with it. And yes, women being beaten and abused are in the middle of nowhere and the cops are probably related to the abuser.

I’ve always said, if you move the poor black and Latino people to the white country and the white country into the congested cities where everyone lives on top of each other, swap them, white crime would go up and black and Latino crime would go down.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2021 9:08 PM

Liberals believe the country is best when government controls everything from cradle to grave.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2021 9:20 PM

r83 Liberals believe the country is best when the government guides and protects the future of the country. Conservatives believe as long as you are white, you should be allowed to do what you want.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]This has been true for generations, and still is:

R69, Churchill never said anything like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote] ask the Dixie Chicks about being canceled by the right and ask Dave Chapelle and his multi million dollar contract at Netflix how terrible it is to be "canceled" by the Left.

Dave Chappelle is too rich to cancel. But really, I'm not that invested in what happens to celebrities. Some are too rich and powerful to cancel (such as the execs who manged to survive the metoo phenomenon by sacrificing their underlings) while some fall through the cracks because they have limited appeal, to begin with.

I know enough people who are either conservative or even center who have been locked out of their social media accounts for the stupidest reasons. Likewise, I'm sure there are many others in similar positions working thankless jobs who run afoul of the thought police which threatens their livelihood. When conservatives had more institutional power, they definitely could wield it in bad ways, but nothing prepared me for what would happen when liberals assumed that power and became drunk on their own entitlement. They had academia but only recently did that power and influence start permeating everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 10:38 PM

[quote] Who wants to federalize the police? Who has spoken about it? Where is the legislation to achieve this?

The far left have been clamoring to nationalize the police forever. The whole defund, or better yet, reimagine policing was the trojan horse that would bring them closer to this goal. Here is an opinion piece where the author makes his intentions known. He is not an anomaly.

[quote] Suppose we reimagined the nature of American policing? And suppose we started by acknowledging that local policing has been a failure in this country since its origins in the 19th Century? From slave patrols in the South, to controlling the ‘Dangerous Classes’ in the North, the foundations of local policing were built on the assumption that state-sanctioned coercion was to be weaponized by the white and wealthy against the poor, black, and brown.

[quote] And while the House recently passed a comprehensive police reform bill, it still largely aims to control the "downstream" aspects of policing: use of force, restraint holds, methods to hold police accountable. It doesn’t address the structural features of local policing that produce such uneven policing service across the U.S.

This would totally destablize entire communities and would promote massive government overreach even as its "reforms" would reduce the ability for local police to do their jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 10:55 PM

I prefer the “hard left” as opposed to the “far left”. It’s more fitting.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2021 10:57 PM

At least liberals held their own accountable. They cancel other liberals like Harvey Slimestien.

Rethugs are like Nazis they will do whatever they are told or else…be called a liberal. The horror!

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2021 10:58 PM

Republicans want to defund the country. That is much worse.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2021 10:58 PM

R90 in New York City, the Democratic City Council and Reps like AOC (All Out Crazy) are defunding the police and promoted a "No Bail Go Free" policy which has boosted crime the city .

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2021 11:19 PM

R87 There you go, a bill passes with bipartisan support but because it doesn't address the structural features (in other words blow things up) it's not good enough. Funny that leftists don't want to examine the structural features of income inequality. That would require actually serving the working class community that they left behind.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2021 11:20 PM

With all the programs created to help the poor going back to Johnson, why do we still have poverty? Government programs haven't done enough for people to better themselves, they encourage people to be more dependent on government. Do you have the answer for why poverty continues?

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2021 11:41 PM

Why is there still crime when we spend money on cops? Why do people use drugs when we've been at war on drugs since 1972? Why do people ask dumb questions when we spend so much on education?

by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2021 12:26 AM

There's nothing bad about Liberals, just some of them are extremely pompous so irritating and get in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 95October 20, 2021 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!